SurveySparrow Reviews

SurveySparrow

Conversational survey tool

4.7/5 (28 reviews)
Ramon H.

Make surveys delicious again. For both sides, enquirer and queried!

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

- Acquiring feedback and other information from customers in an easy, clean and fashioned way
- Survey Sparrow saved us time and money because it is beautiful out of the box with minimal design options

Pros

- Beautifully designed front and back end. Very easy to set up a survey, send it via email by their service, create different weblinks for one survey, post it within the dashboard to your desired social media channel or embed it on your website.
- Two options to embed it on your website: Inline or as a gorgeous chat widget (automatically or triggered by user)
- Change default language & string translation to make it fit your way to speak to your customers perfectly (Unfortunately only on account level and not survey level)
- The team behind Survey Sparrow is very open to user feedback and replies fast to queries, issues and recommendations
- They develop the software constantly. Every month you receive an email with the newest improvements

Cons

- The chat theme doesn't support multiple rows. If a person writes a longer answer to a question, only the part which fills the row is visible to him.
- You cannot change the branding for each survey. If you like to use the chat theme for some surveys and the form theme for other questions, the color and image choice may fit for one of them really well, but for the other not.
- Webhooks are only available for the enterprise plan for bugs a month. Other services like Typeform provide Webhooks even at the free plan.
- They don't save your login beyond your browser session. Every time I have to log in again.

Chirpy Surveys

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

We are using SurveySparrow since last 8 months and its good tool for small survey which we conduct internally but it can't be used for larger survey with branching and piping. UI is very user friendly and chat support is prompt. If they can remove the bugs then its great tool. They have Individual as well business type accounts. They should reduce their pricing to be in competitive market.

Pros

They have awesome login page . Home page is awesome with best color used. Home page is build on word-press. We have to fill very less details for signup. Their chat services is awesome, their reply is prompt. Premium Plan is Free for 14 Days. They are cheap as compared to SurveyMonkey and other survey tools.

Cons

They have less distribution feature. We can't analyze report properly as their are few bugs in tool. Free trail has 100 Responses Per month with only 10 question per survey, which is very less to evaluate a product. Other feature like custom logo, scoring, reminder, branding etc are paid which doesn't work properly.

7.0/10

A new way to survey!

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/07

This is a great survey tool. Comprable in price to survey monkey but does a lot more. The wave of the future is texting, online customer service, etc...and this kind of survey does that. I love it!

Pros

I love the conversational way to ask questions. People taking the survey will feel more at home, more comfortable giving answers. I also love the set-up for each question. It's easy and self explanatory. We've been using Survey Monkey for years and this is a nice change.

Cons

I would love it if we can use the surveys on different platforms. Not just on our website, but on facebook messenger? That would be awesome! Also, the whole having to resign in every time you go to the site is a little annoying. It's certainly not a dealbreaker, but I would appreciate being remembered.

Pranay M.

Natural, fantastic and Very simple tool to Setup survey.

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Taking Surveys becomes very easy, lot of time is saved and money is saved. Mainly our relationship with the users and client is increased.

Pros

Available in Very cheap rate when compared to other survey tools. The customer support team is awesome. It has different approach of creating a survey setup. Its setup mainly concentrates on Interacting directly with the user.

Cons

I Feel that features are limited here. I suggest there should be some more features to use by the users.

Survey Sparrow is the best hands down

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

I give SurveySparrow a top rated review! It is my go to tool for sending out surveys to my clients. Even for the very picky clients!

Pros

Survey sparrow has the best user interface for both the user experience and the admin experience.

It's so easy to use and build your survey's. I had tried using multiple other tools and it was always too complicated or was missing some feature.

Survey sparrow has all the features and is simple to use. You don't have to figure out how to use it because it is intuitive.

And the front end user interface is beautiful too, it can be chat style or full page style.

I highly recommend it!

Cons

Sometimes the fonts are a little light, or the background is a little too light for the fonts in certain templates.

Andrew T.

Easy to use and good features

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Pros

It's so easy to use was pretty user friendly. I used other surveys like surveymonkey and swagbucks surveys but this one was better. It wasn't too complicated and more like a chat.

It can be chat style or full page so it's nice to have layout options as well.

Cons

Sometimes the fonts could be a bit bolder for clarity and ease to read.

Shannon R.

Mobile Friendly and Interactive Survey Tool

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Love it. I get better participation than with traditional survey tools.

Pros

Most people check email on a phone, Survey Sparrow takes a mobile first approach to surveys with a mobile friendly survey tool that looks more like a chat bot than a standard survey tool. The flow makes it more like a chat conversation rather than a standard survey tool, I have had much better results using this tool than old fashioned survey tools.

Cons

Limited in features but that is by design, it is meant to be an easy mobile chat styled survey tool.

Easy and fun to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Overall it's quite useful and easy.

Pros

SurveySparrow is quite easy to use, it creates beautiful surveys and keeps every feedback in order for easy access

Cons

In my opinion- it has very few features. It needs more options for customizing the surveys- colors, schemes etc.

It is a really good tool. They have the potential to be one of the best survey tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

It was my goto product because it was so simple to use. i would say simplicity is the key.

Pros

This survey has really good UI. Really interactive sign-up page. They do justice to their tag line of creating conversation out of surveys. really good customer support

Cons

They have very little options in terms of presentations of the surveys. No templates are given for emailing a survey, one fix template has to be used.

Tanner H.

Super simple, fun, unique and interactive surveys

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

It's awesome to use, the surveys are fun to fill out and feel more like a conversation than a survey.

Eric P.

Overall great survey platform

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Small team that works hard to provide a great product that is solid . Good overall value for $

Pros

Comprehensive features and options without being overwhelmed . Value for the cost. Great support from the team

Cons

When purchased in 2018 they User Interface needed to be improved and the team has listened and made great strides in that area . other than that no issues.

Seshu B.

SurveySparrow review

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

I am able to connect with my audience and understand their needs and desires right away. Love the conversational aspect of this tool. If you need a tool to survey your clients, you can't go wrong with Survey Sparrow. As I have indicated, the support is good and so is the customer service before you buy it.

Pros

SurveySparrow is the super simple survey tool I've always wanted. There are others in the market, but they are super confusing to use and a lot more expensive. SurveySparrow keeps things super simple and that, in turn, motivates me to use it a lot more.

Rg E.

This is survey in TypeForm format

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Ease of getting customer feedback

Pros

It's easy to use, there's already templates that you could use. I use SurveySparrow to ask customers about their experience with our service / product offerings, and they love the fact that they're not looking at a form, rather the survey guides them through answering a series of questions.

Cons

I don't really have anything that I don't like per se with the software, however, I wish they'd remove their branding for paid customers.

Shannon R.

I Can Now Create Beautiful and Mobile First Surveys

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

I can create easy surveys for a mobile audience

Pros

They have a mobile first strategy which makes sense since most email is opened on mobile today. The surveys are really easy to use and function more like a chat box than a standard survey, making it more conversational for the user. My favorite survey app!

Cons

It is very easy to use but has limited design functionality so this may be an issue if you really want to customize your survey's look and feel.

Juliane C.

A survey that feels like a conversation

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

SurveySparrow has shed a new light onto survey dynamics in a positive manner for me.

Pros

It is nice to experience a survey that feels so much more like a conversation than just answering questions. The interface is clear and easy to navigate and the analytics are top-notch.

Cons

The only dislike I can think of is that some of the language used in the default questions aren't worded the best.

Jose ramon S.

Easy to use and nice way to reach to your customers

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

It is pretty easy to develop a new survey (conversation) and they way it is deployed (as a messenger chat) is so different that my conversions have increased a lot. I am loving this!!

Cons

It still has some lack of customization but they are working on it. I would like to change colors and some other designs. They will also have to improve the logic function of the questions/answer

Kimberly C.

It's easy to use, even for beginners. Perfect for bloggers and for freelancers onboarding clients.

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

It looks beautiful - both the dashboard and the survey taker's experience. Such a smooth and easy to answer process, and with a conversational tone that encourages the survey taker to complete it.

Cons

It doesn't work well on mobile and you can't get notifications when clients have completed a survey, but I understand they are working on these features.

Brandi C.

Unbelievable customer service! So happy!

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

The software itself is great because there's a really nice, conversational flow to things. I like how I can customize follow up questions, download results, easily upload contacts, etc. But what I LOVE about it is the accessibility to customer service. I found SurveySparrow after becoming completely frustrated with the inaccessibility of customer service at SurveyMonkey. With SurveyMonkey, I had emailed back and forth about a glitch for days, begging to just speak to someone on the phone (the glitch had to do with a problem when I was trying to upgrade to a paid account, but apparently you have to have a paid account to speak to someone on the phone).

Parisa V.

Delightful

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

I was considering Typeform but love the conversational style of Survey Sparrow. This is a beautifully designed and intuitive app that's sure to delight your audience. I'm very pleased with it.

Cons

I wish we could do more with regards to branding, but I believe that's coming soon so it's not a big deal at all to me.

Hugo S.

This is a great software, smooth and easy to use, I am very happy with it.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

1. Extremely easy to use
2. Very customizable
3. Support service is extraordinary, they answered my questions in less than 2 min.
4. Price is fair

Cons

Excesive branding, the branding is in the url, the lateral bar and then at the very end of each survey, too much for me.

Miriam G.

Lovely tool to replace boring survey forms with chat-like interaction

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Fast set up, easy to use surveys and fun interaction for clients. I like the simplicity of the tool.

Pros

Super easy to set up - first product I've ever used within 5min of buying. I used to use online pdf forms to seek feedback from customers and workshop participants. SurveySparrow is so much easier to set up, collect feedback, analyse it, and much for fun for the people filling it in! I've noticed an uptake in the number of people giving feedback, especially on the qualitative side.

Cons

Still need to be able to amend some of the wording, e.g. end-of-message. Not a big deal but would be nice.

Rohit R.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2018/10/22
Review Source
Nicolet G.

SurveySparrow makes surveys fun!

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

I love the chat like the way of creating and answering the survey. It gives it a personal feeling. It was very easy to set up my first client satisfaction form without even checking the documentation.

Cons

I don't like the SurveySparrow branding but I know it's on the roadmap to create my own branding soon. I can work with it in the meantime.

Chris S.

Promising survey software with interesting approach to collecting data

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

The conversational interface for collecting survey data is a more engaging format. Having multiple options to share a survey (link, website embed, etc) is also a huge plus.

Cons

The reporting and analyzing survey data has a ways to go. If you need more fine grain tools for collecting survey data and analyzing it, this might not be for you.

Jig P.

Phenomenal experience with the product and world-class service! Super excited about the future.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

Survey Sparrow is visually appealing, easy to create, and can be customized to sets of questions for data gathering. Analytics that are provided are quite helpful and as more features are added from their roadmap, it'll be an incredible product. I'll also look forward to them adding additional products from this concept.