Clockify

4,7 (4 781)
Time tracking for unlimited users and better productivity

(4 781)

Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great solution for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 2023/03/30

We found a solution that solved the need to have lengthy spreadsheets with all our projects, now we can share, coordinate and summarize everybody´s work.

Pros

This solution is great, easy to use, have great functions to export reports to excel to perform analysis, nice and powerful dashboards, and almost no training needed for the users.

Cons

Really we can´t find Cons for this app, the only issue is that the timesheet feature is not shown by default, but you can simply make it appear with a little of research.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We needed a tool that gave us the option to share information in real time, help us control billable hours and stop working with spreadsheets to control our projects.

monday.com, ClickUp and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

We did a cost benefit analysis and Clockify had the highest rate.
Zack
Zack

A very easy to use time tracker to cover many projects as a freelancer

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

I previously used Toggl, which I like just fine, but was a bit limited on the free version, and I didn't like the interface that much. I tried Clockify just to see how it would go, and so far I like it and am sticking with it for the near future.

Pros

The interface is nice, the reports get me what I need for invoicing. I can tag any recorded time as billable or not billable and even enter the dollar amount.
I tag entries for specific clients or types of work with various colors which helps differentiate entries.
The weekly emailed report helps me make sure my time is on point.

Cons

I didn't find the Windows desktop tool all that helpful, I just use the web interface.
It's not as streamlined to create a new project or client easily. I have to type a project name (which doesn't exist) then I can create it on the fly, but with no details such as setting the color or client. So I have to go to another part of the interface, track down this new project so I can set the client and color, etc. I wish I could set up all the details about project and client directly from the time-entry page and not have to go around the interface to finish adjusting it.

I don't really care for tracking precise start and stop times separately. Each time I have to stop and start a particular project time, it creates another entry. I prefer a generic single timer that accumulates, rather than a bunch of sub-time-entries like 10:34-10:45, 11:02-11:18, 12:50-1:42. This doesn't do much for me. I just want a single timer that says I worked 3.4 hours or whatever. But this is pretty minor thing. I can ignore all the sub-entries for the most part. But where this gets ugly is when I want to come back and enter time manually. If I need to adjust times, it's nearly impossible because I don't want to create time entries that overlap with existing entries. There is a lot of fudging numbers around so I can line up my projects.

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for the review Zack.

When you enable the group similar time entries in your profile settings all your subentries will be grouped into one as long as they share the same description project and tag.

Nikoloz
  • Industry: Entertainment

Review of Clockify after a year of use

Reviewed on 2023/12/23

Up to this point, it has exceeded my expectations and significantly amplified my productivity. Given that it's a free time-tracking tool, I highly recommend everyone to give it a try.

Pros

I enjoyed the straightforwardness of their desktop application and also found the web version equally pleasing. Additionally, incorporating project and task specifics assists me in maintaining my organization.

Cons

As of now, I haven't encountered any drawbacks! Should I come across any, I might reconsider my review.

Louis
Louis

Clockify is a great starter time tracking system

Reviewed on 2021/04/24

We have loved Clockify for what it is. It is the least expensive option for getting your small business up and running. We had a time tracking system that was integrated into our previous billing software due to reasons outside of our control we had to leave that software. We quickly realized that time tracking software was an expensive and terrible space. Clockify is a gem in the middle of a minefield of time tracking software. With additional polishing. It could really be something special. In the time that we have used it. It is already clear that their development team is committed to it and is making great progess.

Pros

Clockify is an inexpensive option for small or startup companies. It has most features that these types of companies need to get up and running.

Cons

The reporting at times has been borderline useless at best incredibly confusing. I would run a report. My employee would run the same report. We would each get different results. Something in our administration levels must have affected the report. We create web software for a living, and we were so confused by much of the reporting that we couldn't determine what accurate numbers would be.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Our accountants made us switch to Quickbooks.

FreshBooks

Price and features.

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for your honest feedback, Louis!
We're happy to hear that you find Clockify useful.

As for the reports, is it possible that you and your users are in different time zones?
If so, you will always see the reports according to your time zone, not the user's who tracked time. If you'd like, you can check this page for more information https://clockify.me/help/users/time-zones

And if you need any further help, feel free to contact us at [email protected]

faith
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

incredible experience with clockify,a game changer for seamless tracking.

Reviewed on 2023/12/10

I liked it's flexibility and it's simplicity.Really had a tremendous experience.

Pros

The fact that this software is absolutely free and very easy to use makes it the best choice even for the newbies.I use it to track time and strategize my projects efficiently.As for attendance clockify has our back we can track attendance with time tracker.

Cons

I have no problem so far, everything is going well more than I expected.

Emily
  • Industry: Design

Solid choice for tracking time

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Great tool for a small business that doesn't cost a ton and is easy to use and track accurately.

Pros

I love the clock timer - it automatically stops if you close your computer, and it tracks the date and time of the entry.

Cons

So far, I've found that running reports for billing clients is not a quick or intuitive as I would like, but it's workable.

Response from CAKE.com

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your review!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected] should you require any kind of help with the app.

Md Ashfak
Md Ashfak

A Great Free Time Tracking Software

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Pros

I liked the simplicity of their desktop app and also the web version as well. Also adding project and task details helps me stay organized.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet! If I find some I'll probably re-write my review.

Roja

The tool for Managing project time difficulty

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

Pros

First of all effective time controler for managing projects.Very user-friendly software.It helps to reduce my time wasting.Tottaly I loved it.

Cons

The task menu need search option .I feel personally good to use.

Response from CAKE.com

Hi Roja,

We appreciate your feedback and we are really glad to hear your thoughts about our product!

In regards to the task menu needing the search option, can you share more details about it and reach out to our team at [email protected]?

We'll be more than happy to see if we can find a workaround to achieve this or to submit it as a feature suggestion to our team for consideration!

Loren Anne
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The Clockify that Satisfy

Reviewed on 2024/01/13

Pros

This is very easy to use and it's great that it has a free plan compared to others that don't.

Cons

None, I'm able to see daily and weekly timesheet.

Nelson Jr.

Clockify Reviews and Feedback

Reviewed on 2024/01/03

I would say it's really good that easy when evaluating the essential time tracking and project managements needs.

Pros

What I like the most in Clockify are it's free plan and the simple interface. There is also customizable Projects and tasks.

Cons

What I least like about Clockify are limited features on free plan, limited project management and no automatic screenshots.

Emiel
  • Industry: Design

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Pros

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Cons

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Freedcamp, MeisterTask, Harvest and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Pricing was ridiculous. We are a manufacturer and use a lot of different students to make our products. We use the app to let them keep track of what they make. It was not feasible to pay per user as the added value is to low on a per-user base. We ware looking for an app that did not charge per user!

Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Good free plan and a non-user based premium model. We are unable to afford a user based plan as the added value per user is very low.
João
  • Used for 1+ year

The best by far for personal projects or Independant Freelancing

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Amazing, best could not ask, I would like to make a copy cat of this one just for fun, that is how good it is.
Really good work guys. If you want more business though, maybe have 2 different models one for personal project / freelancers and another for companies so they could track people's hours in a legit form(track editing and how edited, team user accounts all that)

Pros

Really really easy and intuitive to use, plus the right features for billing and calculating the time spent on a project.

Cons

It is not that I do not like, it is simply that Jibble is the tool for companies employees sign-ins and outs, Clockify wins in how fast and adjustable it is for independent workers but loses with companies who need the closest to the most legit form of tracking employees hours. In that sense never noticed Clockify being careful about that.

Stephen Brent
Stephen Brent

An easy-to-use tool for growing businesses

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Overall, I am extremely happy with Clockify.

Overall, I am extremely happy with Clockify.

Pros

As a growing agency, we spent a lot of time researching time tracking tools and software that was simple to use and did the job without too many bells and whistles. We simply needed to track time for specific clients and tag what kind of work we were doing. We didn't need the ability to invoice from it, so we were also looking for something that was affordable.

Cons

The reporting feature is not the most user-friendly. I am always able to pull the information I need, but it can take multiple steps to get there.

I wish there was better integration with ClickUp.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We used Hive for project management and time tracking, and we switched to ClickUp for PM. The time tracking reports in Hive never matched up to how many hours we knew we were logging, so we wanted to separate time tracking from the project management software.

Hive

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

We chose Clockify over Harvest due to price point. Harvest charged the same price as ClickUp, and it didn't make sense to pay the same price for time tracking as project management.

Response from CAKE.com

Thanks for your review, Stephen!

If you have any specific ideas for improving reports, feel free to email us at [email protected], or use this feedback form https://clockify.me/feedback

Leônidas
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Nice easygoing time tracking tool for personal use

Reviewed on 2022/02/17

I often work on multiple projects at 'the same time', and it can be hard to track how much time I'm actually putting into each one. Clockify helps me on that, and at the end of the month/week I can see how much work I have really accomplished and, based on that, plan ahead reprioritizing (or charging more) based on what I see. I also use it to keep my productivity in check.

Pros

It's fast, simple, light and practical (and looks good enough). I also like that it allows me to only use the functions that I need without having to learn/deal with all the other features it has.

Cons

-Navigating its menus can be quite unintuitive sometimes;
-It really looks/looked like a clone of the first iteration of Toggle, and that gave me a bad first impression of it. Still, the color pallet was better than Toggl's, and since the functionalities that I needed worked almost identical in both, I continued to use it.

RescueTime and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I tried a couple of different project and time tracking tools for my personal needs (tracking my personal work projects and daily activities). Some were to complex, some were to pricey, some were to ugly/had a bad UI. Clockify was the best one for what I needed.
Roldan

Roldan's Review

Reviewed on 2022/02/18

Really nice experience. I never looked back. Please continue improving. I've used Time Doctor, Hubstaff, Upwork. Clockify dust them off.

Pros

UX and UI wise. Really nice lay-out. Easy to use.

Cons

Not much. No qualms. Maybe I can find out later since my subscription is free and for me alone. Maybe if my workspace becomes complex I might start to notice discripancies.

Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify is the only Freelancer time tracking app that give fare advantages for both free users as well as paying ones. Other trackers are either buggy, clunky, difficult to use or expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Needless to say, much easier to use. It exactly cater a freelancer dilemmas when it comes to time tracking their work and invoicing clients.
Olushola
  • Industry: Market Research

The best time tracking resource out there

Reviewed on 2022/04/19

This has helped me and y team keep track of time, project and even helped improve our efficiency through the ton of information and insight available for analysis

Pros

The software is easy to use, the color scheme is warm and inviting and there are helpful features all around

Cons

Sometimes I find out that I have to log in again. I don't k ow if this is a glitch or a security measure, but it makes me anxious

TimeCamp, Time Doctor and DeskTime

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Well, it wasn't flexible and didn't have the features we discovered that we need to work efficiently

Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Price, Flexibility, Ease of use and onboarding, Insights available for analysis (this was very important)
Aria

Keep It Simple and Smart

Reviewed on 2022/04/19

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

Pros

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

Cons

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

Sabrina

TheMcB Pro's Clockify Review

Reviewed on 2022/04/19

I used Harvest before this, which worked great for the needs I had. When they started charging for a basic version I looked elsewhere and found Clockify. I'm glad I made the switch and even started paying for some of the advanced features. Clockify has made it easy to report my time and create invoices.

Pros

This software is easy to use and offers everything I need from a time tracking software: the ability to track time, pull reports on where my time is spent, and quickly generate invoices.

Cons

Creating invoices can be kind of a pain. Trying to figure out the correct configuration of project, date, description, etc... can be tricky. And if you mess up, sometimes the only way to fix it is to start over.

Trello, Harvest and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I'd been with Harvest for 3 years before I switched. I did so because the free version I was on wasn't free anymore and the quality of their system wasn't worth the payment. I found Clockify because it also had a free version but I quickly saw the value in paying for the advanced features.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

It was the easiest to use. It was also the most cost-efficient without sacrificing the quality of the product.
Tim
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

What gets measured, gets managed

Reviewed on 2022/07/14

Clockify plays a vital role in tracking our activities. Knowing what gets done, when, and for what project allows us to identify the tasks and resources we need to allocate.

The product has a very generous free tier, and it is relatively easy to implement with some basic introduction.

Aside from the various ways to log time, I enjoy the report feature because it allows me to view data in various ways.

Pros

I like that it has several ways you can track your time: you can manually log, use a timer, or input via the calendar. This feature helped make it easier to deploy to the team because they can choose how to log. And the dashboard shows how others are doing so you can see your team log as well.

Cons

None so far. It has been useful for our team. In due time, I'm exploring to use the paid version.

Time Doctor, QuickBooks Time, Trello and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We used to log time through Slack which then gets moved into a Google Sheet. It was quite a tedious process.

Zapier, Slack and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify had the simplest but most functional features of the free tier for our use. And in the event we decide to purchase the paid version, it is the most affordable. The others are perhaps better for bigger companies.

Response from CAKE.com

Thanks for your amazing and detailed review Tim!

We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Clockify and that it was easy to adapt it to your worfklow.

If you happen to have any suggestions for us, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

Joseph

Easiest and Cheapest Project Management

Reviewed on 2023/04/27

I've used Clockify from when I was an employee tracking my work hours on a daily basis, to now using it as someone who needs to stay on top of other's projects and hours. I only started using it because it was free, but I prefer it to other things I've used in the passed, such as Asana, Slack, or just sharing a google drive.

Pros

I prefer the simplicity of the layout compared to alternatives and the free version accommodates most needs adequately. You're not forced to pay to get use out of it.

Cons

Some may feel that Clockify is more limited compared to alternatives.

Slack and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Other more engaging options feel almost like social media to me at times, or at least slightly more distracting than Clockify. I prefer it's layout, which to me feels more focused towards promoting efficiency and concentration.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify is exactly what you need and nothing else for cheaper than the rest.
Simeón
Simeón
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Nice way to keep track on your time

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product.
So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Pros

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation.
On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select each entry and decide if it will be billable to the customer or not by just hitting another button.
A really useful feature on Clockify is that you can set by default a billing price for your time, but also you're able to set a specific price per project, so when you set billable time to any project, it will apply the specific price in case it is set or the default one in the other case.
The dashboard section is also quite nice, but less useful, but anyway it shows some interesting info such as total time worked, or total earnings, most active projects and so on.
Then maybe the most interesting feature are the reports since are the ones that allows you to collect all the generated data. They are really flexible and allows a wide variety of different results by using the filters and the data are really well presented using some charts and tables.
And to finish, a nice feature is the ability of have shared projects with more people, this way you can log the time of the whole team and being able to decide if the time is billable or not, allows you some interesting posibilities.

Cons

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project.
Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible.
I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Juliette

A Fantastic Software with Great User Interface Design

Reviewed on 2021/09/03

Clockify is the most efficient software I've used to track my time, and I find the "Time Tracker" view very easy to use. I feel like some of the other views such as "Time Sheet" may be redundant, but maybe that is just because of the type of work I am doing. Overall, Clockify is fantastic and I hope the product never changes its layout.

Pros

Clockify is hands-down the easiest software I've ever used to track my time. I've worked part time for several companies, and I've always been confused by the layout of online time management systems. Clockify is the only software where I understand where I input my time while also being able to leave detailed notes on what I was working on at the same time. The website loads seamlessly on my computer and it only takes me a few seconds to input my time, which is exactly what a great software should do.

Cons

I always use the "Time Tracker" view when I input my time because some of the the other views seem a bit more confusing. I was particularly confused by the "Time Sheet" view at the beginning because I work on different types of tasks, and so I felt like I was unable to change the task when I used this view. However, using the "Time Tracker" view is much better because that way I can take better notes on what I was working on through various "tasks." I think the "Time Sheet" view could be simplified or even eliminated because having both "Time Sheet" and "Time Tracker" seem redundant, but perhaps it is helpful for people in other fields.

Response from CAKE.com

Hi Juliette, thank you for the review and all the nice words regarding the Clockify app.
Please note that, if you are the admin of the workspace, there is an option to deactivate the timesheet page, if you are not using it. This can be found under the workspace settings.
I hope this will help.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Best

Scott

Good product giving deeper insight into project development

Reviewed on 2022/02/17

Overall, Clockify is a great tool that can help give teams more transparency into how time is being spent. It encourages good habits and organizational transparency, but it does require some amount of buy-in from users to make it effective.

Pros

Clockify excels at providing project teams with deeper insight into where time is being spent. It's reports are great for quickly providing the information that is desired, at any level of detail. It's numerous tagging features allow for commonalities to be observed between projects as well, to identify potential areas of waste. It also promotes a culture of transparency and accountability that encourages users to be proactive about how they spend their time.

Cons

It's strength in promoting active time tracking is also it's weakness. It requires users to "buy-in" to detailed time tracking. While the benefits are clear to project owners, managers, It can be a hard sell if trying to encourage adoption to a larger group that has an existing time tracking methodology. Many folks aren't used to tracking their precise activities and can view this as just another unnecessary tool. It works great for small teams.

Additionally, there are a few UI annoyances that make it difficult to update/correct time if you forgot to switch your running timer to a different item. It would be nice if there were different options for sorting your time in the Time Tracker page (ie. sort by time started regardless of project) so tasks appear linearly throughout the day so you don't have to click through the different projects trying to find the one that is incorrect. Additionally, it would be nice if you were allowed to set the current timer's start time to a future time. For example, I know I need to switch to a new task in 10 minutes, but will be busy at the actual start time to lock in the task change.

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Streamline Time Tracking and Boost Productivity with Clockify's Effortless Management Features

Reviewed on 2023/06/03

Clockify has been an incredibly helpful tool for tracking my work hours and reporting to my boss. I primarily use it in my web browser, and I have to say, it's one of the easiest time tracking software I've come across. What I love about Clockify is that it's lightweight and doesn't slow down my laptop, allowing me to seamlessly track my time without any hassle.The user interface is clean and intuitive, making it a breeze to navigate through the various features. I particularly appreciate how easy it is to clock in and out of tasks or projects, and even manually enter time in case I forget to track it in real-time. It's a simple yet effective process that saves me time and effort.One of the standout features of Clockify is its reporting capability. After tracking my time, generating reports is a breeze, and I'm always impressed with the detailed breakdown it provides. The reports are presented in a beautiful and easy-to-understand format, making it simple for me to analyze my productivity and identify areas for improvement. It has been a great aid in helping me make informed decisions about my work and manage my time more efficiently.In conclusion, Clockify is a comprehensive and reliable time tracking solution. It has significantly helped me optimize my productivity, efficiently manage my projects, and gain valuable insights into my time usage. I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a user-friendly and feature-rich time tracking software.

Pros

- The ease of use and intuitive interface.- The ability to track time on various tasks and projects accurately.- The detailed and visually appealing reports that provide valuable insights into productivity.

Cons

There is nothing significant that I disliked about Clockify. However, it would be nice to have more customization options for the reports.

Netanya
Netanya
  • Industry: Veterinary

Easy to adopt time tracking solution

Reviewed on 2023/09/22

My experience with Clockify is one for the books. As an individual and our organization at large, it has helped greatly in streamlining our time management which in turn has boosted efficiency all round. Through provision of useful infor that smoothen workflows that has helped us make informed decisions to tick all our goals individually and as the VetCare fraternity.

Pros

Clockify is an easy to use tool that provides effective time tracking, streamlined rotation management, timesheets with maximum accuracy and productivity insights. It also support third party products integrations which allows it to suit most if not all existing infrastructure. It is flexible in a way that provide both the free or subscription plan. Rotation delegation and management can get a little messy but with Clockify it gives that proper planning vibes. Customers or rather farmers infor and projects are in different drop-downs making it easy to follow up. I would therefore recommend for teams seeking to take account if their time and reduce on reconciliation at the end of every working period

Cons

With Clockify ,advanced features are only accessible in subscription version since the free edition comes with restrictions on some of it's features. With unstable internet connection you cannot utilize Clockify since it is a cloud based solution. This may inhibit time tracking since it's not always that one has a reliable internet connection.