Showing 140 reviews of 124

Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Expense, receipt capture, and project management tool

Showing 140 reviews of 124
Laura G.

Wonderful product!

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

As accountant I save time and money because with Veryfi do some task on my work are just taking seconds, Also generate automatically reports are very useful for me to compare my expenses and take decisions on my business.

Pros

Easy to use, amazing support 24 hours, and the most important thing I save a lot of money using this product, good job Veryfi team!

Cons

Nothing everything is perfect, new features each week and that's fantastic! waiting for android version of logbook app

Ciaran H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent Resource for storing Invoices and receipts

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

VeryFi enable me to record my expenses and receipts on a regular basis with ease and keep my accounting documents up to date

Pros

What a brilliant, expedient and simple way of recording invoices and receipts on a regular basis
Just forward any receipts and/or invoices to the app and it automatically scans and picks up the details
set your profile to a vat/tax percentage and it will also automatically separate that from the total

Cons

I would love to see the vat/tax shown at the bottom of screen reports as a separate field/column

Response from Veryfi

Love it. Thank you for your feedback and review. Please email me regarding the changes you'd like re vat/tax so we can get it into our next release schedule :-)

Dorothy M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Convenient & Easy

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Pros

Very simple to use and implement into our system.

Cons

Nothing really that made it difficult to use this software.

Response from Veryfi

Thank you Dorothy for your support and great feedback! Much appreciated.

Jason N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Was skeptical at first; now convinced it's the best receipts / expense manager for small...

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

My overall experience with Veryfi has exceeded expectations. As a small business owner with invoices and receipts of all different shapes and sizes, I was quite impressed by how quick and accurate the OCR software was in Veryfi. I was originally skeptical of using Veryfi as it wasn't a proven name in the industry like Expensify, however I am glad I made the choice to use Veryfi as it's far better than its competitors for my purposes.

Pros

The software is highly intuitive and easy to learn. The process of uploading receipts, editing previous entries, or changing a vendor name, follows a familiar flow nearly all smartphone users will feel accustomed to.

What I enjoyed the most about Veryfi are the certain features I never had on my list of requirements (or thought to be important) in an expense manager but turns out to be extremely helpful. For example, extracting the vendor address from a receipt is something I thought of as a "nice to have" but not a requirement.

Now this feature is something I can't live without as it helps automate my purchases based on the proximity to my business. This is helpful for large chains and big box stores with many locations, I can now split out personal and business expenses far more easily.

This is what distinguishes good software from great software. Good software completes a task in a way you wanted it to; great software completes the job in a better way than what you had in mind, and that's what Veryfi does with receipts.

Cons

Not sure if this is Veryfi's issue, however the integration with QuickBooks online can be improved. I never get the confidence of whether a receipt has been uploaded and matched on QB, aside from the green QB logo being red. If there was a better way to bulk manage expenses and how it's uploaded into QB, and what it's QB status is (ie. matched, no match, amounts not matching, etc) that would be helpful.

Response from Veryfi

Jason, thank you for your feedback!

I'd love to understand what we can do more to improve QBO experience for you. Please reach out to us on [email protected] so we can connect for a quick phone call and improve your QBO experience :-)

Ernest

Quick, Easy, AI powered.

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

With Veryfi I can manage all expense reports for my projects, control and see the expenses values on going, by category or vendor.
And the best for me is that i can create the expense the expense report at the end of the month just with on click.
It solves the problem for me to manage the expense data and documents needed for the tax information and deductions.
Again, Thank you Veryfi Team.

Pros

The app has a very easy interface and is very fast.
When you need to scan a receipt, is just one click to open the app e other to click on the camera icon!
The AI take car to get all data correctly about the vendor, values and taxes.
I tested a lot of apps and Veryfi is the best in document recognition for receipts. and I almost forgot the great feature that I already use in other apps for travelling that is to directly send the receipts to my @veryfi account.
Thank you Veryfi team.

Cons

This is not a con but a new feature that can help a lot.
I really need to export all documents to sent to my tax consultant and it will be very easy if we have this option to select when we create the expense reports, like on option (x) include document images as a zip file.
And the other thing, of course, is the name! I always try or write the correct one "Verify".
Here is my suggestion for this one ... Just get this domain "http://verify.io/", add AI, Blockchain and ML to the project, do and ICO... and be very rich!

Response from Veryfi

Thank you for your detailed review and support! Helps us improve the product to meet our customer needs.

Regarding the export data as zip/reports/csv.. we have all that. It's outlined here https://www.veryfi.com/howto/expense-reporting/ but please feel free to email us [email protected] if you need help finding something etc...

Thank you again for the feedback!

Ann G.
  • Industry: Fine Art

This app ROCKS!

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I have been using Veryfi for numerous years now. It is an incredible time saver for me as a sole proprietor, allowing me to concentrate on growing my business instead of shuffling through piles of receipts come tax time. I love that you can tag your receipts with tags YOU create, so looking up a previous purchase is super easy & convenient!

Pros

As a small business owner, I LOVE that my receipts are digitally captured, categorized, optionally tagged & saved in my cloud storage... all on the go! No more piles of receipts! Makes tax time a breeze!

Cons

Honestly, nothing. Every update just improves the app, and they seem to really listen to their users’ suggestions for improvements and additional features.

Response from Veryfi

Love it love it love it! Thank you so much for the nice feedback and ongoing support.

Ori B.

Very thoughtfully-designed expense tracking app w/super fast OCR, great features

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Pros

Multiple ways to easily input expenses: snap a photo with your phone, drag & drop via the web interface, or forward receipts by email to a dedicated email address. Also have the ability to connect Dropbox (among other third party apps) so that all my receipts are instantly backed up to a designated DB folder.

I've tried several apps out there to track both personal and business expenses, and VeryFi is my favorite to date, by far. Really excellent stuff.

The customer support staff have also been very helpful when needed. Keep it up, guys!

Cons

While I'm sure some things could always be enhanced, nothing comes to mind that I would call a "dislike." So long as the team continues to tweak, update, and listen to their customers, they'll be just fine.

Response from Veryfi

Ori, love your feedback! Thank you so much for the ongoing support. Best, Ernest

Charlie N.

Such a great solution to your reduce your pile of receipts!

Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Pros

The best thing is the on-boarding one on one demo available, and the responsiveness of the support folk. I was tearing my hair out entering all my receipts each Quarter the manual way. Veryfi allowed me to get through what was several nights worth of work, in just under an hour. It is all cloud, but does save a copy of all receipts back to your DropBox. Lots of interaction between Xero, Dropbox, and other apps to link everything together. A couple of small clicks to use, one giant leap closer to going paper-less!

The iPhone app (they also have android, I believe) makes it really easy to capture my receipts as soon as I receive them. I take a couple of extra moments at the counter/checkout and capture the receipt with my phone. Saves losing receipts and running around looking for receipts, in my car, glovebox and various places around the house at the end of each month.

Cons

There were few UI glitches and weird workflow choices, but the team have been very responsive and fixed up most of them within a few days of me bringing them to their attention.

Alison W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Essential to me - makes my life so much easier

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

Pros

I hate organising minor expenses but it so necessary for my accounts, vat return and tax return. Verify has made this so much easier and quicker. All organised, take a photo on my phone, check and adjust if necessary before uploading and then double check just before I run my reports. All done.

you can have three accounts for one paid subscriptions so organise different businesses

Cons

Four accounts for one paid subscription would suit me more but I can manage and overall find this good value for money.

Response from Veryfi

Alison, Thank you kindly for the lovely feedback!

I'm curious to hear why you want a 4th account? We have an ability for you to add more accounts under your subscription for an additional $1 :-) Let me know if you'd like it.

Bill W.

Just in testing phase now but it appears to be just what we need to better manage our expenses

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Allows us to electronically collect, categorize and store receipts in ways that are easily reportable and verifiable. Has gone a long way to improve our data on job costs.

Pros

The owners have been great to respond personally to issues and provide support.
Just testing but it seems like the perfect solutions for a small distributed business like us to collect and categorize expenses.
Intuitive easy to use interface.

Cons

Some functionality could be improved and would like to see some controls in place that aren't currently there but in discussion with management team have plans to implement much of my wish list in the near future. It's a new app and they continue to develop but have been very impressed by there responsiveness and desire to improve.

Response from iqBoxy

Thank you for the lovely feedback Bill. It's a pleasure to be of service to you and your firm. Best, Ernest (founder)

Jeff H.

Great time saving app

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

I'm only using it for receipts, but so far it makes keeping and tracking expenses almost fun.

Pros

I like how Veryfi takes the hassle out of managing receipts. Whereas previously I scanned receipts in one step and entered them into Quickbooks as a separate step, I now do it all in one simple step using Veryfi.

Cons

I've only been using Veryfi for a few weeks, but so far I don't have any negatives.

Response from Veryfi

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your feedback and rating! We are constantly looking at ways to streamline the process. Glad to see the Quickbooks integration is going great for you. If you have feedback on what we could do better then please don't hesitate to reach out to us on [email protected]
~ Ernest (cofounder)

Philip A.

It works

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Does it’s job- tracks

Pros

Multiple apps for different tasks -Miles ,time and expenses

Cons

Confusing features hard to find How it works

Response from Veryfi

Hi Philip, Thank you for your feedback!

Regarding "how it works". We have something which might help.

(a) Video Tutorials:

(b) FAQ:

and (c) [email protected] are always eager to hear from our users. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Marie debbie K.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

The easiest way to save receipts!

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

I use IQ BOXY for both personal and business, I started with the free subscription and after trying it out for a couple of weeks I decided to get the paid subscription.
Their customer service is outstanding, emails are answered in less than 24 hours.
Extremely helpful, looking to improve and add other features all the time.
It is easy to use and a very clean looking app.

Pros

Easy to use, very responsive customer service. Modestly priced.

Cons

Their web version needs some improvements which they are working on.

Response from iqBoxy

Marie, thank you so much for your lovely feedback and support! Much appreciated.

PS. IQBoxy has a new name! VERYFI ~ Read the announcement => https://www.veryfi.com/news/iqboxy-is-now-veryfi/

Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Kevin T.
  • Industry: Music

This App Makes it EASY

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Pros

Once I realized I could also use this company for mileage as well through their Logbook app it was a done deal! The receipt scanning is pretty smart and uploads the picture to quickbooks for me. I love how I can email a receipt and have everything else taken care of. Good option especially for small businesses like myself.

Cons

There's an initial learning curve especially on the desktop part, but it just takes a few minutes to get familiar.

Response from Veryfi

Let me know how we can win extra 2 stars to your Veryfi experience.

Sanjay G.

Best app

Reviewed on 2020/03/08

Money management became smtg easy

Pros

Easy to use, seamless upload of receipts.

Cons

None so far as I’ve been using it for the sole purpose of tracking receipts

Response from Veryfi

Nice! Thank you Sanjay for your feedback.
Please send any feedback or suggestions on how we can improve to [email protected] :-)

John P.

Great way to make things easier in life for you.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

Its secured , Automates your accounting, is in real - time , users OCR and machines only and mostly no need to rely on humans to process receipts.

Cons

Just like all apps , its a little buggy but i notice at Veryfi they have a great support team where they can almost troubleshoot with you on the spot , other then that i cant fault this app too much at this time and oh one more thing If only it was out earlier to help make our life easier.

Response from Veryfi, Inc.

Thank you for the feedback & support John! ~ Ernest (founder)

Jo N.

Quick & easy to use; minimal learning curve!

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

I have a copy of my receipt (in case it's needed), it's organized, & it's convenient.

Pros

I absolutely LOVE that it automatically reads my receipts so that I don't have to manually input the information.

Cons

I wish the time stamp would match the date of purchase instead of date of submission. I also wish it wouldn't group items by location. For example, if I buy something from Staples in LA & in OC, I would have two different Staples categories. I prefer it to just be under one Staples.

Veryfi Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Overall, Veryfi has been a great experience. I enjoy an AI driven software. I just wish the AI read the receipts/invoices more consistently.

Pros

This app is great in integrating other software so that it can accomplish the goal in a much smoother process. It makes it very convenient to have a hub for reimbursements.

Cons

I wish it would push data to Rippling to fill in reimbursements for employees. I am still exploring many of the customizations/rules, but I haven't been able to find a way to truly automate some of the processes that I expected.

Response from Veryfi

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Regarding Rippling, please reach out to [email protected] and ATT to Ernest and we will help make this work for you. There's also this article https://www.veryfi.com/connected-apps/rippling-payroll-newhires-checklist/ which sheds more light on our Rippling integration.

Brian T.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Does exactly what we need it to

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

Pros

We needed a tool that would eliminate wasted time spend scanning and catagorizing receipts. Does exactly that.

Cons

Price is a little on the high side, maybe we need to dig deeper into functionality.

Shalaina T.

Great software

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Pros

The software is very easy to use and help you keep your receipts in order.

Cons

I do not feel there are any features missing.

Response from Veryfi

Shalaina, Thank you so much for your support and nice feedback! Best,

• Industry: Music

Fabulous

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

Overall this app gives you the ability to use it to your liking which is why it's great.

Pros

Great for management of receipts. Especially if you are on the road a lot.

Cons

It has certain some limitations but worth it.

Chantel G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Life-saving!

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

Pros

It's so easy to use, there are no glitches, I can scan my receipt immediately so I'm always on top of my finances, and it's cleared up all the clutter in my wallet, desk, office and inbox!

Cons

Nothing - I think it's great. I had tried using my bank app's receipt organizer and it was full of problems.

Response from Veryfi

Chantel, love your feedback! Thank you for your support and a great review.

Jason C.
  • Industry: Accounting

I love the Veryfi solution!

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Overall I am very pleased with Veryfi, the software keeps improving all the time

Pros

I love that it is 100% machine learning AI, so no human interaction (except mine or my clients) so its great from a data protection perspective.
If you have lots of bills/receipts to process and cant wait for hours whilst other solutions to process them, then use Veryfi.
It also has integrated Mileage tracking.
Pricing is far better than any other solution.
The support team are on hand to help resolve any issues and very responsive.

Cons

Requires intervention to check the entries for accuracy but then so do other solutions!

Response from Veryfi

Jason, Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! It means a lot to me (as the cofounder of Veryfi) and to our stellar team in silicon valley. All the best, Ernest

Kim S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great tool for business professionals!

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Organization and better book keeping records. I see where my money is going.

Pros

User friendly, simple, and efficient. Updates instantly with QB.

Cons

N/A or it would be nice to have a free basic package.