Optima Hospice

EMR & billing software specifically for hospice

4,3
4,7
4,1
4,4
4,6
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Optima HospiceSoft program review

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

I feel the Software is user friendly. I particularly appreciate the quick Feedback option where you can send an email with questions. Optima staff respond most often on the same day with a phone call. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure our questions are answered and understood. I appreciate they take the time to work with us on a one to one basis if necessary to solve any issues or concerns we may have.

Cons

At times I wish it could be more simplified. There seems to be repetitive layers that can be cumbersome to get through.

Kristen W.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2016/11/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you are looking for a user-friendly hospice software, developed by people who understand hospice process and requirements, look no further. Hospicesoft is an excellent program that helps the whole team work together to better fulfill the needs of the patient, eliminating the need for charts full of paper documents,

Pros

The software tracks the many pieces required by multidisciplinary patient care. Excellent dashboards keep administration apprised of what pieces are due, and make finding what you need simple and straight-forward. Finding any piece of the complex patient care puzzle is a breeze. The chart is laid out like any paper chart, and demographics, patient information, every disicipline form, every lab, etc... are all right at your fingertips, only a click or two away. Because it is web-based, there are no requirements for in-house servers, and the information is available from anywhere you have cell or internet access. It can be viewed, or documented, by phone, tablet or computer. There are no specific equipment requirements. Information can be printed, faxed or emailed from within the system (fax requires a very small fee monthly using a service such as RingCentral) to facilities, providers, pharmacies, etc.... Orders for treatments, medications, etc. are easy to update, print, or review. The patient's care plan is a "living" careplan, and revised from within the discipline notes during each visit as the patient's needs changes.

Cons

No interface with a pharmacy benefit manager at this time, so all medications, orders, changes, etc... do have to be entered separately into the pharmacy program. Because the careplan is revised from within the discipline notes, and defaults in from the previous notes all charting has to be done sequentially. For patients with frequent visits, this is sometimes an issue.

Kevin K.

A descent hospice software

Reviewed on 2016/09/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like how this product has very good notes for some of the disciplines like nursing. It is also pretty simple to grasp and also has many good features such as pre-population of notes that helps us see how the patients are changing over time. The process of adding notes is also simple.

Cons

I did find that for compliance to certain Joint Commission and Chap standards, I had to do some manual changes to the documentation that hospicesoft offers. I have certain clauses that I always add to notes and features that surveyors have asked me about. Surveyors have also pointed out how convoluted the IDT documentation can be. While it certainly has all the information, it can be quite difficult to find each piece of information.

Valerie R.

Review from a Billing Specialist using HospiceSoft

Reviewed on 2017/02/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

HospiceSoft is one of the easiest software's to use on the market specifically for Hospice Facilities.

I have found that the billing is super easy and very self-explanatory as well as posting payments.

Our Nurses love the "ease" of the paperwork as well and how HospiceSoft makes it so convenient for them to complete their paperwork and also in a timely manner.

The dashboard I find very useful because once you customize it to your liking, it is there for you to point and click....

I really don't have any negative feedback.. Customer service is always on standby and readily available to answer any questions that we have.

Pros

Billing; Posting; Ease of Nursing Documentation; Dashboard; Customer Service

Cons

no Cons

Jessica R.
Industry: Medical Practice

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/04/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This software is very easy to work with from any device. It makes documenting for all of the clinicians easy while saving time.

Cons

I do not like this software since the most recent update that was done in April of 2019. Our company has had a hard time getting issues resolved in a timely manner. It seems as if this update was done prior to figuring out the quirks.

Cathy C.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Documenting is easy

Pros

Navigation into all tabs are easy to use and user friendly

Cons

Cannot update care plan unless you are in a nurses note.

Enid W.

One Remarkable Instrument

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is a great product, my staff has caught on quite easily and any new staff seems to have no problem getting things done. My office manager is a much happier person as she can get through payroll in a much faster time than before. Not to mention billing, you guys are awesome. No more looking through those paper charts or begging people to bring in their paperwork to the office at the end of the month, what a Blessing!!!!!! Optima? (Hospicesoft) where were you all this time? Thanks a million.

Pros

That it's hospice based and made strictly for hospice. I like the fact that I no longer have to keep up with several pieces of paper for both schedule and time sheets at the same time. Billing made easy!!!

Cons

That it's taking me so long to learn all the features. But then again new things are added all the time so I just have to keep up.

Sherri F.

Reviewed on 2016/06/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The support team is great to work with. I love the living plan of care. It ensures our POC stay up to date.

Cons

Length of time it takes to document a routine nurse visit. However HospiceSoft is in line with all other EMRs that we have looked at.

Laura P.

Fairly happy with product

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Training modules should be available. Some of the processes could be made smoother, especially admissions and discharges.

Pros

Integration of care plan issues and assessment. IDG process is helpful and easy for everyone to follow.

Cons

The on-line help (knowledge) section is not useful at all. System is not able to be configured or personalized as much as we were led to believe.

Katherine U.

Hospicesoft Review

Reviewed on 2014/10/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is very user-friendly. The rates are good, too. The representative who gave us training was really helpful.

Cons

They don't have costumer support over the phone. everything has to be by e-mail, which is kind of hard for simple questions/verifications.

Melissa E.
Industry: Medical Practice

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/03/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is a user friendly program, I have gotten great costumer service. It is nice to be dealing with the same people for several years.

Pros

I like that the program is colorful, it makes it easier to find things. The tabs are organized like a paper chart. Hospice is complex enough that we don't need a hard to use program.

Cons

Lots of steps to flip a patient to admitted.

Norma P.

Interesting

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

I enjoyed the conference

Pros

The ease of its use. The availability of staff yo assist with problems. The team is personable and good at explaining the systems use.

Cons

Would like more options in the future that allow all staff access to see the patients info. The change in the system slowed payments at the beginning of this year

Stacy L.

Superb customer service

Reviewed on 2018/01/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Have been very pleased with our Choice to join since last September.

Pros

That it remains compliant with COPs and our accreditation of ACHC. They are continuously rolling out with updates and software improvements.

Cons

On tablets the screen appears small and hard to read. And that’s on an IPAD mini2. Need to offer the training sessions maybe twice a week for new employees coming on. Maybe Tuesday and Thursday.

Trisha S.

Reviewed on 2013/03/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Hospice Management Suite has been a great benefit to us. As a small hospice we shopped around for a software that would meet our needs and we found just that in HMS.

We really wanted find a software that worked for us and would help us to become more in compliance with the ever changing COP's, yet we were unable to invest huge amounts of time or money to the process. When I came across HMS we knew right away that it could be just what we were looking for to get us away from the old fashioned paper chart, and it was!

We have found Hospice Management Suite to offer user friendly and precise charting capabilities for our IDG team. We also love the fact that we are able to use various methods within the software to generate pt/staff measures which assist us with our QAPI program.

We feel that one of the best features available from HMS is the customer service. They have always been just a phone call or email away to help us out or listen to a suggestion. The people at HMS feel like an extended arm of our hospice team rather than a business located half a country away!

Did I mention that it is web based!!! Awesome!!!

Jacob A.

Reviewed on 2013/03/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a relatively small hospice that has 4 clinicians. We are known for giving our patients a very personal experience during this rough time. Our average census is anywhere from 35-40, expecting to grow this year by 20 percent.

We looked for software because charting on paper created more and more problems everyday. This company is extremely easy to work with. They provided a very comprehensive implementation and training period (they even worked with us on the price). After using this software for the past several months we would never want to go back to paper charting.

Hospice Management Suite also has something called a document center which has been amazing; we can scan and upload and document into our patient record. IDG has been drastically shortened, and we love the time it has saved us. Overall the best part of this software is the people. The Hospice Suite team has exceptional customer support, and actually listen to our feedback on the software. This is a very happy customer.
-Jacob Andrews

Melissa E.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Best program that I have worked with! Easy to navigate, easy to learn!

Reviewed on 2014/07/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. I love that it is for hospice only. I love that it is always up to date with all the Medicare requirements. The customer service is excellent. It is great to be able to talk to someone that knows how to run the program, and also be able to to talk to the programmer! The best thing is seeing a suggestion I made on how to improve the program actually being put into the software!

Cons

I really can't think of any. In comparison to the other programs that I have used, these guys are by far the best.

Brenda L.

Terrible experience

Reviewed on 2019/03/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have had nothing except problems from the first LIVE day. Nurses were frustrated with clinical documentation to the point that some of them resigned, admin staff was unable to get reports to balance and had to depend on Optima staff to do monthly reports for us in order for them to balance. Now, after 8 months, our reports still do not balance and they are having to fix errors in posting in order for them to balance.

Pros

Ease of keeping up with benefit periods, recerts, etc

Cons

Everything else. They have a long way to go to bring this software to where it should be but we are getting an update soon that we are hopeful will take care of some of the issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Rudolph B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I have been using this software for 4 months.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall I have been very satisfied so far and would highly recommend it to any hospice needing a quality EHR.

Pros

The functionality. I like that each section is fairly intuitive and flows smoothly. There are a lot of functions that work seamlessly together which is nice.

Cons

It can be confusing figuring out where certain functions are located however software support is usually very helpful in helping us figure out where to find each function.

Nicole P.

Horrible!

Reviewed on 2018/08/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Well known throughout SNF community. No other positive comments about this software agency at this time.

Cons

Implementation was constantly pushed back
Our agency was basically helping them mold their software
Unable to get Independence Blue Cross insurance properly working
Office staff did not have control over numerous features
Unable to move documents to a different chart
Scheduling was a nightmare
The offline & online functionality would be a disaster for our clinicians
Wasted more time on implementation during COP's that we could not afford for the product not to fit our needs

Response from Gina Heugel

Thanks for your feedback. From the review we believe you’re referencing the Home Health product we’re no longer supporting. We’re sorry that you had such a negative experience and hope that you have the opportunity to experience our other software offerings in the future with a more positive experience. We’re committed to providing an excellent customer experience to all our users.

Anne lea D.

Easy Patient Tracking

Reviewed on 2014/07/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product is easy to learn and makes tracking patient progress easy (e.g., decline, symptoms). The vendor is supportive, friendly, and available.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I do not like yet. If I had to find the least likable factor, I'd say that sometimes I get confused about why one piece of information/report should include information from entire chart, but then I find that it only pulls information from a portion of the chart (e.g., the Doctor's Order lists some medications, but not all the medications the patient is currently taking).

Carla T.

Administrator

Reviewed on 2014/06/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software is user-friendly and easy to navigate through. The schedule, orders, and plan of care - really, all components of the software - have been easy to work with. The vendor is prompt to assist when need. They are friendly, concerned with my needs, and willing to help.

Cons

I would not say I don't like it, but I am having difficulty with Bereavement. I really think it is because I am not using it enough. Small census.

Olivia K.

Once you have the hang of it, it is easy, but it takes most people a while to get used to the layout.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The color coded tabs are very useful when describing steps to take to employees out in the field how to get to certain notes, etc.

Cons

The system often pauses and is slow at times, which can be frustrating to employees out in the field while they are trying to enter their notes.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Chris R.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great, affordable software for small hospice operation

Reviewed on 2016/09/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Great software support; very easy to learn basic software. Company also does billing for reduced cost

Cons

Takes too long to chart Nurse visits. Very simple software.

Linda L.

System is very user friendly, all information is clearly identifiable.

Love the software

Pros

That is is user friendly and easy to understand how to use the system. Everything on the system is easy to find and use.

Cons

scheduling, i would like to be able to look at a day and see all the visit for that day instead of having to look under each patient or each staff member

Dlynn R.

New customer

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The support team and trainers are awesome!

Pros

Very easy to access and navigate, the trainers rock! I have used others in the past and this is by far my favorite!

Cons

I haven't found much I don't like, but we are just really getting started in the training with the staff.