Peter B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A potentially useful test prep program

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

USATestprep is an excellent idea. We used it as an organization for several years to help students prepare for high-stakes tests. Others are likely to have had better outcomes than I did, but this program wasn't for my students. We stopped using the program two years ago, so I also hold out hope they've revamped these questions. Some aspects of the program are highly worthwhile.

Pros

I really enjoyed how easy it was to sign up students for this program after we purchased a lesson. It integrated well with our class rosters. The games and activities were refreshing and fun for the students. Some (but not nearly all) of the questions were also worthwhile.

Cons

I used USA Test Prep to prepare students for the AP exams and our statewide graduation-required exam. I stopped using the program because it had serious issues with aligning questions to the standards. We found numerous questions that were not written at the correct level (Bloom's Taxonomy) and numerous others that were mis-categorized (i.e., fiction categorized as nonfiction). This is a paid program, so I was disappointed by this fact.

Response from USATestprep

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always improving our alignment and are usually able to make adjustments to questions same day at teacher request. We'd be happy to offer you a free re-activated trial to review all updates made.

Heather B.

Individualized Learning

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

USATP has been a lifesaver when it comes to collecting data, providing differentiated learning for all students, and tracking student progress on our state standards.

Pros

My favorite aspect is the ability to automatically assign each student practice based on his or her lowest area on a test. I do this after a pretest so that students are able to practice exactly what they need before the post test.

Cons

I dislike that one teacher can turn the arcade off for the entire site. I know when I am gone and a sub has my class, I like to turn the arcade off. But that means I am turning it off for another teacher's class.

Dianne O.

My students use USATestP daily to review, reinforce, and extend the learning that goes on in...

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Improved test scores. Better conversations in the classroom. More engagement from my students. Easier communication with parents.

Pros

I love that the questions can be ordered by DOK, Standard, or domain. The different set ups allow me to differentiate in my class based on lexile and development. I can also create assignments that check for learning at the element, standard, and domain level.

Cons

I dislike that a printed quiz can only be 30 questions. Many of my students (live in rural area) don't have internet connection at home. So I print out the questions for them to complete at home. It's aggravating to have to print 3 different tests in order to ensure the students have access to all the questions.

Tyler W.

Absolutely GREAT customer support. They respond quickly and work with you in many ways.

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

Pros

The incredibly amount of data and sorting it provides is truly great, and makes work on the teacher much less incredulous. The truth is that teachers generally know where students and what skills are appropriate to teach them. Sometimes, though, I was surprised to see that I was differentiating for a particular student incorrectly, and USATestPrep's data helped me to see where the student's weaknesses truly were. Moreover, when your department asks you for data, USATestPrep makes it INCREDIBLY simple to generate graphs. This used to take at least an hour in Excel with hand-graded tests, but now only takes a few minutes.

Cons

There are very few cons, but I wish there were more options to create your own questions. You can create your own questions to use on tests, but not to include in assignments yet. I think there needs to be a few more options in the question creation tool as well, such as to upload a picture for the answer choices.

Alison B.

Valuable educational resource

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

The ease in finding resources correlated to state standards allows for me to plan with more ease, and to find engaging yet rigorous activities for students. The ability to differentiate lessons and activities based on the benchmark assessments I create also is a highlight of the program. Lastly, the printable resources assist me in differentiating for centers or small group instruction.

Cons

I think it would be great if the lessons were adaptive to students' needs other than just after a benchmark assessment.

Response from USATestprep

Alison,
Thank you for writing this review.

Michelle S.

I have been using USA TestPrep for years in the classroom and have always found it effective.

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

I love the options and ability to create assignments/benchmarks, gather data, and analyze results in one place. There are many great assignment options that can range from creating modules with videos and vocabulary to creating mini assignments with performance tasks to creating and assigning benchmark tests. I love the game opportunities for students as well. The questions are always directly tied to the standards at various levels, and if there is ever a question that does not match our standards, USA TestPrep works to correct it quickly!

Cons

I love all parts of USA TestPrep, including the gaming options. I do not like the token system for older grades. I do wish that the token system for games could be turned off for some classes, as assigning optional games that are directly tied to the standards is a beneficial strategy.

Response from USATestprep

Michelle,
Thank you for this review you wrote.

Emily E.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

USATestPrep in a high school classroom

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

My student’s test scores have risen since using USA test prep. They are more confident in their skills and knowledge. It has made teaching a tested content much easier.

Pros

My students love the ease of this program and how user friendly it is. The data allows me to make data driven decisions with my instruction and curriculum. The question bank is vast and it’s a rarity if my students come across the same question more than once in a practice session.

Cons

Sometimes the questions can be misleading.

Veronica C.

Great resource for review and test creation

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

I love the ability to assign assignments based on the strengths and weaknesses of my students. I also like that I am able to create my own test and review material that may not have been mastered in class.

Cons

There is not adequate material for the entire content area and some information is not up to date. Some material is also not aligned with my standards.

Response from USATestprep

Veronica,
Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on being aligned to the state standards. When you find a question that is not aligned, please use the feedback button to send a report to our content team so they can fix the item.

Misty K.

USA Test Prep has been an integral tool in our classroom.

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

Teachers are able to choose what they want to integrate within their existing curriculum. There are many resources and activities to choose from. Teachers are also able to include their own teacher created items.

Response from USATestprep

Misty, Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Shelby N.

Excellent product for use in the modern classroom.

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

USATP is aligned with our state standards. It is perfect for helping students prepare for state tests, but I also love it as a tool to help identify strengths and weaknesses for individual students (as well as to identify holes in our teaching methods).

Cons

I don't like that I can only share each class with one other teacher. We co-teach and we also work closely with SpEd.

Response from USATestprep

Shelby, Thank you for your review. I agree about sharing a class with more than one teacher. This is something that will be changing in the future.

Alyssa L.

A Lifesaver for State Exams

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

USATestPrep provides an incredible amount of testing support for our South Carolina English I exam. My students find the games fun and great for review. I also love analyzing the multiple choice questions with the class to see exactly how test wording impacts student answers.

Cons

While the interface can be a little difficult to navigate, you can pick it up with one of their training sessions.

Response from USATestprep

Alyssa,

Thank you for your review. We now offer online training here: https://www.youtube.com/user/usatestprep/videos

Nic H.

Review for Coosa High School English Department

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Overall, USATestPrep has been a great tool to use in the classroom. The students benefit from it, and it helps teachers with preparing for our End of Course exams. I will continue to use this program as long as my school will allow me. It is a huge benefit to the way I run my classroom.

Pros

This software is teacher-friendly. The data that it provides has single-handedly helped me in differentiating instructions for my students.

Cons

Sometimes the questions repeat too often within assignments or assessments.

Ashleigh B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great with potential to be amazing

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

I get the benefit of being able to differentiate for my students based off of their individual needs.

Pros

It is standards based and I can pull just the standards I need. I love that I can monitor my students progress and differentiate based on their individual needs.

Cons

I feel like the GA History/8th grade SS could be more aligned to the standards than it is. It seems to mention items that are not in the standards which makes it hard to pull from like I have in the past (for 6th and 7th grade).

Response from USATestprep

Hi Ashleigh,
Thank you for your review. When you see an item that is not aligned, please report it to us using the feedback option in USATestprep. This will allow our team to review and correct the item. Thanks!

Megan R.

Great progress monitoring tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

USATestPrep is a great progress monitoring tool that can be used as little or as much as needed throughout the school year. This software will help differentiate instruction and provide individualized learning to each student.

Cons

I recommend that USATestPrep offer FSA ELA prep (this is for Florida students). With that being said, students can still bridge their learning gaps by focusing on the standards.

Response from USATestprep

Megan - thank you for the review and good news! We do offer products for FSA ELA in grades 3 - 10.

Lisa B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing program for more than just test prep! Homework, remediation, and enrichment, too!

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Ease and time saving in creating formative assessments and assigning remediation work.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to create assignments in which the tasks can be completed in any order. I love the available task choices -- from games to traditional test prep.

Cons

I wish you could customize grading protocols; for example, if work is completed late, I would like to be able to apply a point decrease.

Pam S.

My favorited testing program

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

My students have shown growth every year that I have used it.

Pros

I like that I can easily assign and view the assignments. I like that they are so well aligned with my state's standards.

Cons

There are not too many reading passages and students tend to think they don't need to read them even if they read them some time before.

Inisha T.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Good test prep tool

Reviewed on 2020/01/18

Pros

This software makes test preparation for teachers easier. Testing is one of the most stressful parts of teaching, but USATestprep makes it easier.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. The software takes some time to get used too, but its very helpful.

Response from USATestprep

We're so glad you had a successful trial. The stress of test prep is real -- we employ a number of former teachers on staff who agree with your statement! Hope we can help make it easier for you. :)

Corey P.

An educational masterpiece

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Pros

The functionality of this project is superior to any of its kind. It’s aligned specifically to the standards that my students have to master and differentiated to reach each individual student. This makes my teaching preparation and colleague collaboration much more effective and efficient. I would recommend this to any teacher of any grade, content area, and level of student.

Cons

I like all the features involved with this program.

Judy K.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

What are the benefits of USATestprep?

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

Very positive overall experience for my students and me

Pros

I like USA Testprep because it allows my students to work at their own pace. I also like the fact that I can select my students’ needed areas of improvement and tailor specific units to address their individual needs. As students work through their activities, teachers can further identify the need for remediation of certain concepts and focus on mastering those concepts. USATestprep also helps to bolster students’ self confidence when they get correct answers. This allows them to be more vocal in class because they actually understand how to solve problems and it encourages them to want to learn more.

Cons

Sometimes the questions are too wordy for the students. This makes them frustrated and sometimes limits their desire to problem solve.

Response from USATestprep

Thank you for the feedback! We will pass your comments on to our Academic team. We take subscriber feedback seriously and appreciate your telling us what works and what doesn't. Thank you for choosing USATestprep and the Progress Learning platform! Wishing your students the best this testing season. :)

Kristie J.

USA Test Prep: An Invaluable Classroom Resource

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

My overall experience with USA Test Prep has been very positive. Customer service and training opportunities are excellent. The ability to individualize, remediate, review, and enrich my current curriculum is a life saver.

Pros

USA Test Prep lightens my teaching load by giving me a comprehensive bank of resources that are aligned with my curriculum. Bell ringers, formative and summative assessments, tutorial videos, data, a grade book and so much more are well organized and easy to use for both teachers and students. Students and teachers both receive immediate and valuable feedback with which to improve student learning. Students enjoy the games and performance based activities, and I love how much they have learned and how well they have performed on state testing since incorporating this resource into my curriculum. My students have bragged to me that the state test was easy because of the activities they completed on USA Test Prep.

Cons

Honestly, the only con that I have found is that the program offers so many resources, it can be difficult at first to learn it all. However, the support the company provides is excellent, so every question I have ever had has been taken care of immediately.

Response from USATestprep

Kristie,
Many thanks for the review-- you made our Friday! We agree with your comment about there being so many resources, it can be easy to miss some of the options. We're working on making sure our teachers know EVERYTHING that is available to them and how to use it. If you ever have any suggestions on ways we can best let teachers know about some of the less frequently used (but no less important) options, let us know.

Thanks again!

Your USATestprep team

Doris B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent and Fun Software for Test Practice!

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Simply an excellent experience overall.

Pros

My 6th graders love practicing their skills on USA Test Prep! They are challenged by some questions but the hints help them and they love that part! They are so ready for the testing in the spring that they tell me how easy the Milestones is for them. The students tell me that the best part of USA TEST PREP is that the questions use the same wording as Milestones, so they get used to the wording and know what to do when they see it. Overall an EXCELLENT product!

Cons

If I had to find something that I don't like, and this is being picky, every once in a great while there is a question with a word that the kids don't know. It's never a word that's vital to the question yet not knowing it causes the kids to stop, get a little off track with the math, and try to figure out the word. I am trying to remember an example but cannot....

Shane P.

Great test prep program. Arguably one of the best out there.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

As a classroom teacher, USATP was phenomenal piece of the puzzle I used to ensure students were mastering content, progressing toward goals, determining gaps in knowledge, and engagement. Tons of pros with USATP. There's variety - whole class activities and games, preloaded assessments and quiz banks, performance tasks, benchmarking, review videos, interactive and content-based games.

Cons

Because there are so many great things about USATP, it takes some time to learn your way around. With that said, however, USATP has a great and helpful staff who are quick to help and offer advice. In some content areas, such as state history, USATP struggles to provide relevant questions in the bank. However, they have greatly improved over the last 7 years.

Response from USATestprep

Shane, Thank you for your review!

John C.

Great for the classroom and diagnostic testing

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

Easy to set up and save test questions, individual tests, run data, etc. This is our goto source for diagnostic and formative testing

Cons

It would be great if the program would allow you to throw out questions that appear statistically unreliable and rescore the tests for you, as well as show a curve option.

Response from USATestprep

Thank you for your feedback.

Donna P.

USA TestPrep Increases Student Engagement and Learning

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

My classes have shown growth in their performance on the Milestone assessment based on their practice and remediation within USA TP. I could not prepare my classes for their Milestone assessment without the resources of USA TP.

Pros

As an American literature teacher, my classes use this software weekly to prepare for the Milestone assessment. I love the ease of use of the software to create and grade assessments. Most useful are the options available to pull reports and compare data. The embedded data comparisons save me valuable time that I can spend planning instruction rather than crunching numbers.

Cons

I would like to see USA TP offer more American literature specific passages. Currently, our ninth grade teachers often use some of the same nonfiction passages that we use in eleventh grade. With more American literature specific passages, we can ensure that our assessments are accurate.

Melissa R.

Boost your test scores with rigorous practice.

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

I have had to contact support a couple of times and they are always wonderful at helping.

Pros

I use this in my classroom as well as with my personal children who are home-schooled. I have been using USA Test Prep for 5 years and consider it a required tool for my teaching. It allows me to assign students assignments that are individualized for their learning and makes grading very easy.

Cons

It does not allow for Spanish speaking students who are just learning English. As a home school parent it is too costly since I have to buy one subject at a time.