EmailOctopus Reviews

4.4/5 (71 reviews)
Ryan B.

Best Email Service Anywhere

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Outstanding. I have so much control and flexibility to use this service for so many bulk emailing applications and I can scale up or down to mirror my busy seasons. I have been thrilled with this service for years.

Pros

I have been a user of EmailOctopus for years and have seen the company, services, and functionality grow and develop over time. The customer service has been extraordinary whenever I have had questions and I have always received highly respectful communications from this company. They know that your success makes them succeed as well so they are in your corner every step of the way and they treat customers fairly at all times.

The ease and flexibility of this web-based program are outstanding and I have made recommendations in the past that have since been implemented. What the service is now is a godsend for anyone needing to send bulk emails whether frequently or occasionally because they allow you to scale up or down to your needs, which I see as further proof of their customer first philosophy.

The setup is easy if you follow the instructions or ask for any help and once you are setup with amazon and email octopus, you can be confident that you will achieve everything you desire with this service. Best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

Cons

None Exist. Try to change my mind. This service is outstanding.

Ian R.

Easy to Use and Great ROI

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

I have used Email Octopus for a couple/few years now and I have not had an issue - which is saying something. The times I had a question or two, they were responsive and helped me out. Overall great experience.

Pros

Easy to use, great pricing, support has always been responsive, and they always seem to be improving things. I like the clear and easy dashboard that isn't cluttered with all sorts of stuff that I don't need.

Cons

Integrations with other software is a bit limited.

The BEST Email Platform for "Large Audience" Campaigns for Starter Businesses

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I have had a wonderful experience, as for this pricing, there is no service I've found that can "go fast" from the get go and start sending large quantities of mail to your lists.

Pros

The number 1 key of this software is their unique ability to plug into your Amazon Email Platform account. This allows you to send out MANY MANY more emails on a daily basis than any other platform I have come across. Not to mention the ease of ability to upload the lists from wherever you have built them before.

Cons

The biggest difficulty is that there are not comprehensive statistics set up in the back office to individually see what emails are opening and reading your emails. Or the ones that are clicking. That is a step down from where I was before.

Mo C.

EmailOctopus is the best value for email marketing hands down!

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

EmailOctopus lets me email by list affordably, quickly, and easily. It enabled me to reach my customers regularly with a high deliverability rate, virtually no spam complaints (EmailOctopus is integrated with Amazon SES) , and the price cannot be beat. Forget the rest and use EmailOctopus!

Pros

EmailOctopus is easy to use, has a clean and simple to use interface, and has the best price for email marketing that makes it affordable. I tried many other competitors, and EmailOctopus is the best by far.

Cons

I'd like to see the ability to segment email lists and more ready-to-use templates.

Jacques-louis K.

I tried many Email services and EmailOctopus is my favorite

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

- Very low cost: EmailOctopus uses Amazon Simple Mail Service to send emails, for a fraction of the cost of other email platforms

- Integrated API: I automate my list building using EmailOctopus full featured API. I can connect EmailOctopus to my workflow

- Real-time statistics: watch in real time how your campaigns perform

- Outstanding support: I needed support to use the API and got great help from them

Cons

It lacks a list segmentation feature and the list contacts editing could be more user friendly.

Scott M.

Exceelent option for editorial newsletters

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

I use EmailOctopus to send monthly editorial email newsletters, and it excels at this. I'm able to have total control over the aesthetic of the emails I send, and the dashboard isn't cluttered with marketing features that I'll never use. All the other services I tested and compared either imposed their own aesthetic on the user, or offered full customization but were bloated with marketing features – or both. EmailOctopus is ideal for my use case.

Pros

EmailOctopus dispenses with all the tools for marketers that other services offer and focuses on a simple but crucial set of features: straightforward list management, fine-grained control over templating, clear workflow, sensible analytics that don't veer into creepy surveillance territory.

Cons

All that said, there are a couple features that would be nice to have: embedded subscription forms that don't need jQuery, and a CSS inlining tool for building custom templates (many others are available; it would just be nice to have it all in one place).

Kehinde A.

Email Octopus For Easy Emailing

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

I use it for email marketing; list building, automation and broadcasting messages to my existing list.

Pros

Simplicity of the User Interface, AWS Integration and Delivery quality.

Cons

The price farely high given to the fact that I still have to pay AWS.

6.0/10
Tj M.

Breaking up with ML was the best thing I did

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

I can't say enough good things about them. From the moment I decided to use their service and ongoing. When I have had a question or issue, they respond almost immediately (time zones:). They listen and respond directly. My email open and click rates have improved SIGNIFICANTLY since changing providers and my SPAM complaints have dropped as well.

Pros

I like that this service is easy to use, intuitive, and comes with a great cost in comparison to other providers. Every feature has clear guidelines and tutorials if you don't already understand how it works. My emails are clean, responsive and attractive without being garish or too cluttered.

Cons

There are some features that it would be good to have, such as list-scrubbing features to prevent adding members who are already subscribed, and to resend to people who did not open an email. BUT- the company is very responsive and has been developing new features that they have been implementing!

Fantastic low-cost email host

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

I needed an easy and inexpensive way to host email. This has done the trick and then some! Really pleasantly surprised.

Pros

Very easy to use, inexpensive. Great deliverability!

Cons

Doesn't have an easy way to segment your subscribers.

Amazing Newsletter Service

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I tried a couple of times the support. Every time they answered my questions with a solution or at least a promise to update the web in the future.

Pros

I used other third web apps for my newsletter. I saw once a newsletter from emailoctopus and I decided to try. I was shocked how it was so easy the setup and the affordable price. I love the automation option. I use it for my funnels and it works very well.

Cons

I would like to redirect my subscribers to a custom page after the confirmation email.

EmailOctopus - Best Value Around

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I switched to EmailOctopus in 2017 from another email vendor and so far I have not been disappointed. It’s easy to use, fantastic value for money and the support team are very responsive.

Good support team

Cons

Basically it has Limited functionality

Great MailChimp alternative

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

It works :) and it's cheap. Emails go out, people open them and click. That's it.

Pros

It's not bloated - features they have are those that 98% of us need.

Cons

Being used to numerous bells & whistles from other providers I sometimes miss advanced tagging and similar stuff. But, realistically - it's not needed and this is NOT a problem in Octopus.

Excellent value for an ESP

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Overall I've been extremely satisfied with EmailOctopus as an ESP. We send out automotive themed email campaigns and their content management tool has made building campaigns a lot more efficient.

Pros

I like the overall simplicity and value of the software.

Cons

I wish there were a few more features that could help agencies manage their accounts.

Ashima D.

Amazing Product

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Absolutely love it, we’re using Email Octopus to drive monthly utilization and it is amazing! The low cost is also fabulous!

Pros

Email Octopus makes our monthly newsletters and release notes so easy! The templates and features to send out details are so easy and user friendly that anyone can use it with out too much training.

Cons

I wish there was a heat map to see where users clicked most in our emails but that is a feature request not a con.

Teresa H.

A Nice, Affordable Option

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Overall, this has been a positive experience, and I would recommend EmailOctopus.

Pros

The price is excellent, and I love that they're unrolling features constantly. Two of my favorite features are automation (a must-have), and drag-and-drop design.

Cons

It's not always intuitive to use, so I sometimes have to ask for support. However, they always get back to me quickly. Also, I'm desperate for list segmentation and have been asking for that feature for a while now.

Chelsy H.

Simple and Sweet

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Our company needed a piece of software that simply just delivered emails for us without any worry or hassle.

Pros

Very reliable and always fast. I feel that I can count on this software to deliver my messages fast and secure.

Cons

Customization could improve. It would be great to have a better contact section.

J f R.

Best email option...especially for the price!

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

I've only had to reach out to customer support during setup. That part was a little tricky, but email octopus provides easy to follow instructions and they're very helpful. Overall, I'm so glad I switched from my previous overly-priced provider. The emails are just as easy to create and look just as great for a fraction of the cost. I recommend email octopus to everyone I know with a newsletter.

Pros

I like that I can send thousands of emails so inexpensively. It has a drag and drop set up and is incredibly easy to use.

Cons

It doesn't have all the functionality of my last email provider, but it's a fraction of the cost and I don't need what the other provider offered.

Jan sigetty B.

Unfair comparison with Mailchimp

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I like it, but that's because I found workarounds.

Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and copy/paste the HTML. It works fine that way.

Pros

I moved from MailChimp, because of the price tag. Octopus is way cheaper, but it's still possible to send the same quality emails and that's​ great.

Cons

1. A better interface to make your own template/design. Limitations in fonts, sizes, etc

2. List features are limited. No way to create segments or groups based on subscriber data.

3. Regarding reports: A graphic overview of where the clicks are placed.

Response from EmailOctopus

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback. We have some good news on the campaign editor- we've just launched our new drag & drop email builder.

It's only in Beta at the moment, however I've added it to your account and you'll be able to use it in your next campaign.

More updates to come based on your feedback, too.

Thanks again,

Tom

6.0/10
Anja C.

It's easy so I actually use it!

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

I love how easy it is to use and if I have any issues, customer service is always excellent!!

Pros

I love how simple Email Octopus is to use. Because of this I actually send regular emails and stay in contact with my customers. I'm not ultra tech savvy so this is perfect for me.

Cons

I wish I could segment my lists more and have more ability to drill down and only send certain follow up emails to certain customers.

Tanya K.

Fabulous email marketing service! Easy to use with great features.

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Great email marketing.

Pros

The cost you can't beat anywhere! It's very easy to use, has loads of features and is comparable to most of the other "usual suspects" in the email marketing world. I love love love Email Octopus!

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that for a non-techie like me, it was a bit difficult to connect with Amazon SES but once the connection was made, its been all uphill.

Thomas G.

Extremely efficient way to handle mailing lists

Works really well

Pros

Cheaper than mailchimp, good dashboards, has bookfunnel integration api, great campaign and automation planning tool

Cons

mailing list segmentation has limited features

A simple bulk emailing software for basic needs

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

Pros

I had first used EmailOctopus a while earlier. Until then and now, the software has grown to the point that it allows you to create beautiful and responsive email templates and send them with Amazon SES.
Amazon SES is known to offer the best inboxing rates but the thing I liked the most was its real-time analytics. The integrations offered are also satisfactory.

Cons

This software is just for basic email sending. There is very limited opportunity to create a complete email marketing automation with it.

7.0/10
Katrina W.

Everyone should switch over

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

I'm a new business with a small budget. EmailOctopus helps me stay in contact with a large number of people without obliterating my profits so I have a chance to keep growing.

Pros

EmailOctopus offers everything I need to create and manage my newsletters at a price point I can actually afford. It's helping my early-stage business punch well above its weight.

Cons

Getting set up and designing emails used to be a bit more work than other platforms. Now that the drag-and-drop design tools and other features have been upgraded, most of these gaps have closed.

Dr. albert K.

EmailOctopus Client Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

We have tried several marketing platforms from Sendgrid to MailChimp but nothing beats EmailOctopus in terms of delivery rate, customer support and the pricing is great! This software is indeed value for money. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants to succeed in email marketing.

Pros

It is easy to use and the support is great! It is also value for money and the delivery rate is excellent.

Cons

Nothing much but just increase the number of templates. Also, add the ability for clients to download those who have read the campaigns and automatically engage these clients

Maggie C.

Excellent Email Service and Excellent Value

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Excellent. The support has been fantastic, and it is excellent value.

Pros

Once I went through the learning curve, I found it much faster and easier to use than the other services, and I've been with the big three. I'd take Octopus over them in a heartbeat!

Cons

When you copy and paste text, it lands as a solid block. I have to re-enter the paragraphs. But all the other features make up for it. Also, there's no filter to check if there are duplicate entries in more than one segment, but I understand that's coming.