TripActions

Corporate travel platform available on all devices

4,8
4,5
4,6
4,7
4,7
Maddison P.
Industry: Legal Services

Everything all in one place!!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Overall I absolutely love it and booking trips is extremely easy.

Pros

That my entire trip was in one place - and all rewards information can still be applied.

Cons

The rental car function needs a lot of work. My receipt showed different information than the company had on one trip which was a painful issue to reconcile.

Thomas O.

Phone no more

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

No longer need to book and expense my own travel - save money out of my own pocket.

Pros

Being a road warrior (>125 miles with Delta a year) there is never a shortage of travel issues and problems, but Trip Actions quick customer service (chat function) is always there for you.

Cons

- Please integrate the corporate discount rate with BonVoy, I continue to book my hotels outside the system to grab the best rate.

Julie H.
Industry: Accounting

Easy - worth the cost if only for reporting

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

TripActions has been an incredibly helpful tool. Even if the actual trip prices aren't always cheaper, the administrative time savings is still worth it.

Pros

Reporting. You can get any information you need from their reporting tool which has been IMMENSELY helpful during audit season.
We don't use them, but the Controls ability is awesome. You can set any level of controls that you need if you have budgetary concerns.
TripActions will reconcile with your credit card transactions. Amazing.

Cons

It does not always find the cheapest option. I can often find something cheaper just on Expedia which is odd.

Laura R.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Horrible for business travelers

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

It feels like nobody who works there actually flies frequently themselves. Thus, they never adequately address my needs. It is SO frustrating. This is literally the only company I've ever sought out to actively negatively review. They're masking a bad travel experience with a pretty user interface for booking.

Pros

The interface is easy to use. However, pretty products do not create for a great user experience--depth of integration and customer service do that.

Cons

For business travelers who have status on multiple airlines, this software is pretty miserable. TripActions serves as the barrier between me and my carrier of choice. It feels like nobody who works there actually flies frequently themselves. All I want to do is to be able to contact the airlines myself or have better integration so that 1) I can change things without a third party. In Southwest, I can't change in the app if my flight is late, or if I want to switch (at no cost due to my status) to an earlier flight. With Delta, due to loyalty, often if I call, they will waive change fees for me. However, with TripActions, the integration isn't there and a third party is negotiating on your behalf. It's ineffective and time consuming. Their change fees have to be approved by a manager--this makes it hard to switch flights last-minute and get home sooner. 2) My upgrades aren't invalidated. YUP! You read that right! Because the integration with TripActions and Delta is poor, I am not able to book my seat with status through TripActions. I always end up calling Delta directly to get upgraded. Most recently, though, on a long haul flight from LAX to NYC, Delta confirmed my upgrade, but when I went to check in, I found out TripActions invalidated it when they saw my new class of seat didn't match the initial one I booked. This results in me spending HOURS on the phone/chat feature between Delta and TripActions.

Response from TripActions

Hi Laura, Please forgive the delayed response. I'd like to learn more about your experience so that we can make this better for you. Would you DM me so we can start a conversation? Samantha

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Industry: Internet
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Consumer grade travel booking for the corporate context

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/26

Consumer-grade user experience that's very employee-friendly.

Pros

Basically as easy to use as Google Flights or Kayak when it comes to booking corporate flights. Friendly, intuitive user experience that shows you options in a way that anybody who uses the aforementioned sites could easily use. Showing in policy v. not in policy is super useful and saves a lot of time for regular users. Same with seeing how many seats left in a flight.

Cons

Honestly not much to not like, at least from the perspective of an end user. Perhaps one of the people in HR who manages configuring the expenses/travel policies will have a different take.

Thiyagarajan G.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Good Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Great..Improvement on Fare group shopping and categorization

Pros

Usable interface and easy navigation.Good reference points and easy/affordable price points on different airports.

Cons

we should add more functionalities on the ancillary and LBS(leg based shopping)

Stephanie S.

Best travel software I've used

Used Monthly for 1+ year

A+

Pros

Customer service is likely one of the best things TripActions has to offer. Whenever a flight gets delayed/cancelled or something is going on they always let me know before the airline even does.

Plus it's great to get Amazon credit for booking within the company asks. Product is easy to use and never gives me headaches like Concur used to do.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind if I'm being honest.

Tomi F.

SO easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

SO easy to use! I love the 24/7 hour support and the help that the Trip Actions team provides for me. They make painful travel extremely painless. I have recommended TripActions to several of my friends.

Also - the rewards are awesome!

Cons

The colors, sometimes the vast number of options can be confusing... other than that - really nothing!

Lydia W.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Trip Actions review

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Pros

Ease of using the app. I also enjoy that you can book personal or professional trips.

Cons

Not really the softwares fault...but a con is not having all the options available to us because it is outside our companies policy regarding timeframe

Tj D.

TripActions makes traveling easy

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Overall, it's been great and has made planning travel much easier.

Pros

It's very easy to navigate and it finds great options.

Cons

I wish you could include corporate codes to offer discounts at specific hotels.

Whitney G.

Whitney Galindo - University Recruiter review of Trip Actions

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

main benefit is staying organized and having one centralized location for all my travels. thank you trip actions team!!

Pros

I love Trip Actions! In my role I travel a lot for university recruiting (mostly in the US and Canada). What I love most about the tool is:
-ease of use. it's super easy to keep organized with tripactions. all my traveling can become pretty confusing, so I appreciate having the specific itineraries. It's so great to have ALL of my trip info (flight, hotel, rental car etc) in the palm of my hand, in one centralized location. also the app UI is super user friendly
-customer support: super friendly, helpful, and timely
-trip action points: i love love love being able to collect points for my travel when i save SurveyMonkey money. i really love having the option to cash in for amazon gift card or personal travel
-ability to book personal travel: i often book mine and my families personal travel via trip actions. unfortunately it's not always cheaper, but it is more convenient to have everything in one place

Cons

Just today actually i experienced a functionality that i'd like to be updated. For context, i'm going on two separate university recruiting trips to san diego in the fall (one is september, one in october). both of these trips were merged into one itinerary, likely because it's the same location. however when i reached out to your customer support team, they said that once a trip is merged, you can't unmerge it. i wish you could because it's confusing to look at two separate trips in one itinerary.

Industry: Computer Software

TripActions makes booking company travel easy!

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Great tool that is easy to use and gives back perks in the form of Amazon gift cards. Awesome customer service and overall, a tool that makes booking company travel easy! I get notifications on my phone through the app for when I need to check in for flights, if my flight is delayed, and even gate information. I would highly recommend this product!

Pros

My company uses TripActions to manage all of our company related travel bookings for Hotel, Airfare, Rental Car, etc. This tool is easy to use and allows you to search only options that are within the company policy range, to ensure you are compliant with reimbursement restrictions. You can also earn Amazon Gift Cards for certain bookings, which is a unique feature that often helps sway my decision of which flight time or hotel I will book to earn extra value. They also have a very responsive customer service team, that is available to answer any questions regarding bookings, help rebook travel when needed, and other support related issues. Overall, a great product that I highly recommend!

Cons

There are not a lot of cons to this software for my use case. If I had to select one, I would probably say the $15 booking fee that is added on to all bookings, however, this goes to cover the cost of support. If you need to use customer support for your booking, then the $15 fee is well worth it as they manage every aspect for you in regards to questions/clarification, rebooking, etc. Since my company covers this booking fee cost in reimbursement, it isn't really a big deal for me if I don't end up using the support function for every trip.

Susan O.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Friendly UI, Missed a few setup steps that caused issues

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/23

As a growing company ourselves, I realize that it is hard to obtain good customer service for the help desk. It was pretty clear that everyone I chatted with was extremely new and at times I felt that I knew the product better than your team for those easy questions.

Pros

I liked that everything was in one site. I could put in all my frequent flyer/hotel numbers. I liked the reward program to encourage behavior among our users. I like the fact I can put in a $ to beat for hotels.

Cons

We didn't properly understand the site when we started or best practices when setting up. This led to confusion. We needed more best practices. Example: People were trying to book rooms for multiple users. These other users were not in the system yet and we didn't understand why it was working. Once we figured out that they also needed to register, it was easy. But this was after hours of frustration on the end users. We seemed to have trouble setting up our corporate numbers in TripActions. I realize that this was probably on our end with the hotel but since we never figured it out, a percentage of users need to go outside Tripactions to book our corporate rate hotels. Paying a fee for hotel only is also a big concern. Doesn't make sense to use the system for the corporate hotels and pay an extra $20.

Ayesha P.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Tripactions review

Great

Pros

Ease of use, gamification and customer service

Cons

cancellations are challenging, pricing can vary

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Generally good attitude towards tripactions. Coming from non managed our team isn’t crazy about the change, but that’s more of an change management issue. Without the rewards there isn’t anything that employees are crazy about.

Pros

CSM’s are great. Help desk team usually is really responsive and helpful. Booking fees are definitely a little on the expensive side. Their reps can go and negotiate rates on our behalf.

Cons

Small issues with single sign on. This tickets been open for quite some time. Wished that could prioritize this and close the loop

Tyler B.
Industry: Sports

TripActions Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

I like the filters for navigating the platform. It makes it very easy to find hotels, flights, and rental cars. I love getting money back while saving my company money. This has to be the best model in the industry.

Cons

I do find that some hotels do not get listed on the site by cross referencing them to a home site like marriott.com.

Zack H.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Worth it for the customer service alone!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/30

I travel weekly, and use TripActions to book my flights, and sometimes lodging. I have never had a negative experience using the software, and really appreciate the ease and simplicity it brings to navigating the process of getting around.

Pros

Beyond the low-fuss, high-ease interface for booking flights and other travel accoutrement, the customer service is beyond reproach. The CS team has helped me out on numerous times and worked minor miracles on my behalf, from last second flight adjustments to researching and answering my left-field questions on how to get around the nonsense that certain airlines subject their customers to. Happy to use, highly recommended!

Cons

As someone who likes to take a little more control over the particulars of my bookings, I find the hotel section to be a little clunky to navigate for comparison shopping.

Jon C.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Refreshing experience to booking travel

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Makes booking business travel a fun experience!

Pros

The ability to earn rewards from choosing lower cost options, which can be redeemed for Amazon GCs, travel, and more. Great way to game-ify booking travel along with saving the company money. The website and mobile app both have very modern interfaces and performance is reasonable when loading all the travel permutations. Setup is very easy for user preferences and loyalty IDs.

Cons

I didn't like how they split choices between rewards points earning and non-rewards points earning hotel selections. They also split between those options which are eligible for cashback rewards and those that are not. It's all to provide more options but it ends up confusing more than anything. The other thing to note is that if you are booking a new trip, Tripactions charges a set fee. So make sure you combine hotel and flight bookings otherwise you will be hit with a separate fee per booking.

Lee D.

Excellent communication

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Fun and pleasurable. The gift card aspect creates a gamification experience that makes booking work travel fun... I honestly can't believe I just typed that, but its true!

Pros

I love the swift and helpful communication that accompanies this service. I have reached out a few times for support, and each time a representative has been incredibly helpful and responsive.

Cons

No complaints--I have had only good experiences using tripactions

Tom R.
Industry: Computer Software

Great options and service when something goes wrong

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Great solution for business related travel, but some options are a little too personal travel based and can create some clutter. Solution can be used for personal travel, but I tend to book personal trips directly with my preferred vendors to use points, miles, perks, etc. In some cases I can find hotel or car options outside of app not available in TripActions, still learning source of their availability.

Pros

1) Incentives (employee kickback percentage) is awesome way to keep cost conscious but not force employees to pick the cheapest options.
2) Recognition of my status with vendors makes getting appropriate seats, room options, or discounts easy.
3) Information and views into flights, aircraft, amenities, and seat availability is convenient.

Cons

Rarely book a pre-paid hotel or pulled options from priceline style sites where I can't cancel or earn status for my business travel. These options often clutter the listing or make for several filters to apply to narrow choices. Same applies to apartment style options, bed and breakfast, etc. that require more filtering. No way to limit choices in profile so they don't continue coming up.

Zachary H.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Always easy to use and great customer support

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/23

TripActions makes business travel super easy. My flight got canceled due to aircraft issues while I was out of the country and TripActions saved the day by getting me on a new flight right away. 10/10 would use again.

Pros

Easy to get in touch with customer support when I have an issue. Clear communication about internal travel policies. Easy to navigate interface.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. This is a really great platform

Tim C.

TripActions - So easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

- It is very easy to use for both business and personal trips. The search features for flights, hotels, and rental cars are very easy to use and manipulate.
- It definitely finds the best pricing on all aspects of trips. I routinely find the pricing to be 10% cheaper than what I can find using other methods.
- I like the reward option which allows you to reserve cheaper options and bank Amazon rewards.
- I like that I can easily (one toggle) switch from business to personal trips.

Cons

- So far, my only (very minor) compliant is that you cannot reserve Exit Row seating on an airline during your initial booking. You must call the airline after the reservation is made. Minor annoyance and most likely a requirement of the airline industry.

Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great for companies who have travel, but has some bugs

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

We don't have to spend as much time manually scheduling flights/bookings which is very helpful, but there have been a bunch of bugs that detracts from that experience.

Pros

I like that it's very easy to send candidates a link where they can book their own hotels/flights. We can see everyone who has booked/hasn't booked and follow up with them. I no longer need to spend time booking those things for them, unless requested.

Cons

There are definitely some bugs that have led to a poor candidate experience for us. For instance, sometimes requests for the candidate/guest to enter their personal CC information even when we have already specified that we are using the company card on file.

Response from TripActions

Thank you for your review of TripActions. It's great to hear you're able to offer candidates a fast and easy solution, but definitely a concern to hear you had billing issues. Please always feel free to contact TripActions customer service at 1-888-505-8747 or submit a support ticket directly from in our app. We want to make it right!

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Ok trip management tool but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

TripActions definitely has a good potential but need to work on linking hotels.com reward program!!

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to use. Finding hotels and flights hasn't been that easy.
Great feature: you can create an "itinerary" and have flight and hotel under the same folder.
They have great customer service (I've only used the chat portion)! They are vert friendly and are quick to answer.

Cons

A little disappointed that I cannot link my hotels.com rewards program. I have notified their customer service team, and apparently a lot of people have requested that they link hotels.com reward program so hopefully they are working on it.

Also, some of their features are inaccurate. For example, I bought what I thought was a train ticket but it was in fact a bus ticket.. it didn't mention it in the booking process.. I only found that it was a bus ticket in the confirmation email I received AFTER entering my credit card information and paying for it. HOWEVER, I mentioned it to the customer service team and they looked into it, apologized and offered a refund if I was no longer interested in taking this trip!!

Thomas S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great Tool to Quickly Book Travel

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

I love being able to compare hotels in one spot quickly. You also can't beat the Amazon rewards. Its a great money saver for my company, and a great reward for fiscal responsibility. I also like having a quick itinerary I can access via the app with all my trip details

Cons

One thing that is still extremely frustrating is changing a flight or hotel. I can do this task in a matter of seconds on an airlines website, yet I still have to engage with a human via chat on TripActions to change details of trip. Recently, I needed to change a couple of flights and it took 14 minutes for me to get it all sorted. There needs to be a quick and easy way to change travel plans yourself, particularly flights, without having to chat with anyone.