Michelle N.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Importing Made Simple

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Overall, my experience with Omatic software has been and continues to be great. The customer service is awesome and prompt. I would recommend this software to others because of the customer service and the ease of use of the software.

Pros

The most impactful feature of Import-omatic is the ability to create templates that I can reuse. This takes the guesswork out of determining if I have all that I need to run an import and saves a tremendous amount of time. The product is very user-friendly and integration with existing business processes was seamless.

Cons

I think the most difficult part of using Import-omatic is the regular expressions area of the dictionary. It’s one of those things that if you don’t use it regularly, you can forget the primary aspects of how to set it up properly.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Michelle, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Josh C.

ImportOmatic review

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

We import thousands of gifts and constituents every week with ImportOmatic. We have multiple users importing files from several different sources to add/edit constituents, process gifts, and maintain address data. We also use it for data cleanup - export data from RE, manipulate it in the spreadsheet, and then reimport it to clean up the records.

Pros

We've used ImportOmatic for years to streamline our import processes - rather than having to use several different RE processes, we can use a single file and a single import process to add/update records. The ability to set up import dictionaries and use the API to manipulate the imported data is tremendously useful.

Cons

I don't have much in the way of cons. ImportOmatic does a great job of addressing some core weaknesses of RE. It's allowed us to function with RE without having to maintain our own custom solutions.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Josh, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Karen B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

We spend more time with donors and less time with spreadsheets

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Reduced hand-data entry. Reduction in errors. Increased flexibility.

Pros

I no longer have to prep my spreadsheets for my regular imports. I occasionally forget how amazing of a statement that is. Virtual data fields and dictionaries can be set up ahead of imports, including the ability to skip records that meet certain criteria. It matches or creates records, addresses can be old or slightly different--I choose when to update or ignore It matches on "close" names, if I want it to. I have fewer multi-pass imports, because so many more things can be done with each pass. But the biggest thing is that we are able, with the same number of staff members, to better customize our donor solicitations because we don't have to spend hours and hours pouring over column over column in thousands of lines of spreadsheets. Omatic lets us customize based on what we already know about our donors, which gives us time to continue learning more about them.

Cons

It's sophisticated and robust. Which means if you're someone who hates instructor-led training and just likes to click around to learn, it will take you ages to learn everything it can do. It's SO incredibly customize-able--it will suggest but not dictate for many fields--that people who want full functionality without a learning curve are going to flat-out miss out on all the things it can do for you. If you are constantly in a work environment where you feel it's easier to do something the slow, hard way than figure out an easier way--if there is never an opportunity to slow down and learn something new--you won't realize its full benefits.

Michelle N.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best Import Product and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Overall ImportOmatic is a great product with more pros than cons. When I've spoken with someone from customer service I have had nothing but great experiences.

Pros

I've been using this product to do imports of various types for 4 years now and I wouldn't use anything else. ImportOmatic takes the guesswork out of getting the data in the database in an effective and efficient way. Having the convenience of Profiles/Templates set up for recurring imports saves so much more time than importing with the database's limited resources. Not having to manipulate the data from the source file is a HUGE time saver! Just being able to create a dictionary to correct the potential "garbage" that could go into the system saves time for me as the only person that does this function in my department and minimizes cleaning up the data. My productivity has increased substantially since I have been using this product.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the product is the limitation of validating only 25 records at a time when you are using ImportOmatic in the hosted environment. Outside of the hosted environment there was no limit on the number of records and the ability to import after validating all the records was seamless. It also seems counter intuitive to allow help tickets to be entered online, but the only way to receive an initial response is a return phone call. I think it would be more productive if there was a chat option.

Simon P.

Essential for integrating RENXT to iSAMS

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Love utilising it.Often finding it easier to implement something rather than using NXT's Import functionality

Pros

The software give you the control to add and update data pretty much how we want it in RENXT

Cons

Deleting fields can be a pain but we can live with it.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Simon, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Regina D.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Overall, I love the product. We've had our issues in the past on various things, but support...

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Time saver is the biggest thing. Because it's easier to use than RE Import, it saves time on a lot of various tasks, from the use of virtual fields and dictionaries, to easily reloading errors. It's a great product.

Pros

It's a lot easier to use than RE's import and it's move efficient. I love the use of virtual fields. Dictionaries are so helpful too. I appreciate that I don't have to frequently manipulate spreadsheets. Plus, it loads much faster than the RE import and produces errors and makes it easier to identify and import the errors.

Breanna P.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Very Useful Tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Pros

Omatic accomplishes a critical task -- ensuring our various databases talk to each other -- in a very straightforward way. I'm glad I can rely on Omatic to create these connections across our systems.

Cons

The interface can be confusing or intimidating for new users.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Breanna, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Uttam T.

OMagic

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

We are very happy with IOM and have been using for the past five years plus. It makes importing easy for all level RE users.

Pros

Ease of mapping fields and detailed process doc makes importing records easy. The added feature of creating a gift batch or adding records to an existing gift batch is also very handy.

Cons

We do not have any negative experience to share

Vicki C.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

THANK YOU! It's a dream product!

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

It saves us hundreds of hours a year. Plus, the deduping while importing is awesome!

Pros

1. De-duping while importing. 2. Easy mapping. I like the fact that you don't have to type more just to get to the minimum number of characters. I am a database administrator and we value the number of keystrokes. Less is more!

Melanie L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Eases daily work

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

I have had good customer experience when troubleshooting. They have been quick to address any situation I have had.

Pros

Once set up, it allows for quick imports of regular data. It makes the job go so much faster than manual input.

Cons

It can be complicated to learn and if you don't catch all of the nuances it can import misinformation.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Melanie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Waileia M.

Great Fit

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

We have had a great experience using Omatic. We are integrating data from an older system, with some difficult business processes. Omatic has been able to mitigate some of those processes for us, during the import process. Thereby eliminating the need for extensive weekly data clean-up.

Pros

For our complex organization, Omatic is a great fit. With the customization one can make, the software can manage almost any situation.

Cons

At this time, nothing. The software is doing what it is meant to do.

Wil A.

Import-O-Everything

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

The Omatic Software team overall is very responsive and they DO follow-up to customer issues.

Pros

The flexibility to apply profiles to multiple sources and be accurate on all the data being imported.

Cons

It can use a better user interface to manage settings and tools and to organize profiles.

Linda W.
  • Industry: Fishery

NDA Omatic Renew

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

I am pleased with Omatic.

Pros

it was easy to navigate once I learned the software.

Cons

I feel that it has all the features that we need.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Linda, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Renee R.

ImportOmatic helped us to overcome challenges we faced with appends and updates that are more...

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

Ease if use! Simple field selections allowusers of all levels to adjust to their departments needs.

Cons

Minor compatibility issues with Blackbaud products. Stellar staff at ImportOmatic helped us to overcome.

Lisa R.

Best software to import mass data effectively with flexibility

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

capabilities to connect 2 databases and analyze more effectively our customers

Pros

Ability to customize all fields, create virtual fields, score data and preview import before committing

Cons

minor thing is that the view on certain importing fields is small and training others to create maps and set up is difficult

George G.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Omatic

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Pros

the software is good enough to do the job.

Cons

The software is very slow. I wish it was faster.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi George, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Sarah C.

Strong tool in building up data integrity

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Incredible customer service, easy-to-access training, and exceptional staff. As someone who manages a decent amount of software products for our data, Omatic is one of the best companies I have had the opportunity to partner with.

Pros

The de-duplication feature offered in the software has been incredible in building up integrity for existing agency data. Being able to merge old records with new and standardize information has advanced our practices significantly, allowing us to better optimize our fundraising data to launch successful new appeals.

Cons

It would be wonderful to learn more (or if appropriate, add) a feature to merge non-constituent spousal records.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Sarah, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Jessica F.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

The Import O Matic staff have been great and are very efficient

Pros

It is easy to use and can be used for multiple projects

Cons

Setting up dictionaries - though they are very useful but it can be time consuming

Monique S.

Great Product, Customer Support Somewhat Lacking

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Ease of use, efficient, streamlined processes

Pros

The software is easy to use. The profiles take a bit of time to set-up in the beginning, but once you have them set-up importing data is simple and efficient.

Cons

My least favorite aspect of purchasing this software was the customer service. In the initial purchasing stage, I experienced terrible customer service with trying to get the contract implemented and scheduling introductory conference calls. Not sure how a company that supports so many customers is lacking in the customer service area.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Monique-
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am sorry you had a bad experience during implementation. I will be in touch early next week to discuss how we've made improvements. Have a great weekend!
Thanks,
Marcia Hightower
Customer Success Manager
Omatic Software

Heather K.

Great to use, and great customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

We no longer have to hand key our information into our database.

Pros

This software can do so much for your data. Gone are the days where everything needs to be hand-keyed. Once a profile is created you can copy and adjust as necessary. The training offered is great and the customer service is exceptional.

Cons

For some of us it was difficult to use at first. It can do so much, that some of our staff missed a few steps in the beginning.

Wendy S.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Decent Product for Functionality provided

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Very Satisfied

Pros

Easy to update, errors/problems are easy to comprehend, consulting/training is indepth and knowledge/ideas for idiosyncrasies is good!

Cons

In our scenario, various pieces of software provide source data. The software couldn't accommodate all our needs for duplicates and complex phone number requirements which caused us to hold off on using. Not sure this would be a factor for most organizations.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Wendy-
Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with Omatic. We value your input!
If you would like our support team to take a look at how you have your duplicate settings set up, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] to get something scheduled.
Thanks,
Marcia
Customer Success Team Lead

• Used Other for 6-12 months

I am a new and infrequent user of IOM (only use for major projects) it has been a great...

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Quicker more efficient imports/data.

Pros

I like the efficiency and ease of use that IOM provides. It's very straightforward and easy to manage, most times.

Cons

Although, IOM is very straightforward, there can be aspects that a confusing and fields that are not as clear.

Shakhawat P.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Import-O-Matic Functionality

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Pros

Import without the requirement of Import ID of the record. Also import different areas of RE that RE can't handle easily.

Cons

Exception file doesn't come with a reference to the original csv file. So I have to match it manually.

Iris T.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Easy to use for non-technical user

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I'm very satisfied with Import Omatic. It works well with RE/NXT. Although there is already a RE Import in the database version, Import Omatic provides a more flexible and easy to use for any non-technical user.

Pros

It is a great a great platform for RE and NXT for data import. Our department relies on Omatic daily. The best part is the customizable set up on different module to check duplicates. Duplicates is always the issue in our database. The data dictionary and static field can be re-used and cut our development time half every time we create a new job.

Cons

Automation in RE desktop version is not available.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Iris, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Evan R.

Great Integration for Classy-Salesforce

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I highly recommend this product! Our non-profit has only positive things to say regarding Omatic Cloud Software. Considering that we are to small to have a formal IT department and do not have a Developer on staff- this eases burden, permitting us to focus our efforts on mission. In 2020, that meant feeding over 6.5 million meals to families whose livelihoods were drastically impacted by Covid-19.

Pros

The support team aiding in set-up made the process seamless. This system has not only reduced duplicate data within our CRM by 95%, but has increased confidence amidst our organization’s leadership with CRM reporting.

Cons

I found it somewhat challenging to asses platform error messages. Having an online reference for error messages with troubleshooting measures would be a great resource for consumers. I believe it would not only build confidence through understanding data flow, but also cut back on need of tech support with issues that may be resolved by the user.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Evan, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.