Moovly Reviews

Moovly

Online video creation tool for non-experts

3.9/5 (26 reviews)
June C.

Very Easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Customer service has been very responsive, and the help center has easy to follow steps to resolve my problems. I am enjoying using Moovly.

Pros

I shopped around for several months looking for the right video making/editing software. I asked several colleagues in social media groups for recommendations, and everything I was pointed to was way too complicated and not user-friendly. I am not tech-savvy and honestly felt like walking away from my project and squashing my dream when I came upon Moovly. I had prayed to find the perfect video making tool that day, and played around with about four. Moovly was the easiest to use, most affordable, and met my needs. I am still learning the system, but trust that it can probably do far more than my non-tech savvy mind can comprehend.

Cons

I would like to do screen recordings, but the business plan does not provide a monthly subscription. As I am still in the development phase of my business, I cannot afford the yearly plan.

Response from Moovly

Hi June,

So happy to read this!
Feel free to reach out via the chat in case you need some extra guidance creating your videos.
Lots of success with your own business!

Cheers,

Chana @ Moovly
Customer Success Manager

Debjit B.

Advance video editing in browser, from anywhere.

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

A grate semi-pro tool to create the presentation, online intro and some little screen recording and voiceover for the tutorial. It still has some bugs, like crashing, not uploading video/image file, but overall it is a great tool, to begin with.

Pros

I like the UI which reminds me of some of pro video editing software. I really need some time to learn. It is not plugged and play, as being an advanced browser-based editor. But if you have some previous experience with video editing you will be very pleased. No more high graphics rendering for videos just create it from here, your next viral video is waiting to release.
This advance transitions, sound and images really make it versatile, which fits for all type of scenario. Presentation, short intro you can use everything under one app.

Cons

When inserting a template it really takes lots of CPU resource, which crashes my chrome every time I start. I needed to open it in firefox still it is taking a lot of resources.

Jason L.

A very frustrating experience with Moovly. I do not recommend this at all!

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

I learned about buyer beware.

Pros

The idea is of creating an animated online video is good. When the software works, it's easy to use.

Cons

There's far too many problems with the software. For starters, the rendering takes an extremely long time, and sometimes it would never even render for you to download. When i reached out to the customer support, it took over a week to get a response. This is the most frustrating part. Secondly, the software has glitches - if you move items in the "stage" , an error would appear and you have to click refresh every time it happens. In your own personal library, when you want to delete a clipart, it doesn't happen, therefore your library just keeps building and building and you can't clean it up. Their tech support said they're unable to fix this....Thirdly, it does not allow you to efficiently upload your own videos and audio. It either takes an extremely long time, or would never upload. Moovly uses their own server and this is the part that's frustrated and slow. Also, their images for animation is limited. It's more like a "video" creator where you take stock videos and photos to create your video. Animating has its limitations for sure on this.

Moovly is a video creator that's in its beta testing stage. There's far too many glitches and problems that their tech team is unable to correct efficiently.

It's a very pricey software that does not work well. Equally as frustrating is the support team, who do not respond consistently. It took up to 7 days for some replies and sometimes I got no response at all. Very frustrating experience. I DO NOT recommend!

Ursula H.

Excellent service

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/31

I had a problem with saving but then when I asked the support team, he helped quickly, professionally and advised that Moovly saves every few seconds and that I will not lose my test project that I did. Also, then when we send the review that it was AMAZING service as it was so quick and easy to get an answer.. This is really incredible service and they make a customer feel more like family than a customer.

Pros

Easy to use, you can really make amazing anything with it. Presentations, moving clips, anything. This is a powerful tool with so many options I love it.

Cons

It takes me a few minutes or so to learn the functionality but that is all.

Response from Moovly

Wauw, Ursula! Thank you 'oh so much' for these kind words! Welcome to the Moovly Family!

Jocelyn E.

My Moovly would not open after I tried reviewing my work, I contacted customer service and nothing.

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

I was not able to get any benefits except a wasted work day, my project would not open again.

Pros

I did like the short videos, however I was not able to use the video at all because I wasn't able to get back into my project.

Cons

The backbone of the software needs to be worked on, there are several glitches whenever editing the video, and for me, I wasn't able to get back into the video I previously made after coming back to it. Customer service got back to me once a day, and asked me the simplest questions for about 3 days. By then I have already lost 3 days and my project is about to be presented, so I have an alternative that won't fail. Very frustrated that I spent a work day on a video that I can't even get back into, even with customer support.

Response from Moovly

The issues reported by this user were, based on our first observations, related to personal computer and internet connection problems. While we did not get an answer from the user on the technical questions we asked, we regret the problems the user experienced and are still open to help resolve the issues. There are every day thousands of users using Moovly for their video projects - and happy about it!

Our online support service provides average response times - even to users of the Free license - within 24 hours on business days. For students and teachers, Moovly provides free Education licenses. More information is available on www.moovly.com

Jared E.

Great video and animation creation software for a beginner

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/06/12

The ease and simplicity of this software helps us cut down on the production time.

Pros

This is an inexpensive and easy way for someone to start making great looking video / animated presentations. One of the features I really appreciate is the ability to use real video as a background. Some of the other presentation software I've used does not have that ability. They also lay out the different layers in a timeline similar to what you might find in many other video editing software... so the layout seems familiar if you have some video editing experience. I also appreciate the ability to set the timing for the transitions instead of only getting a defaulted time.

Cons

It is clear that the software is constantly improving. I've seen some glitches with their new site release that may be more browser related. Their transitions are somewhat limited.

Jaci S.

Moovly Review

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

Moovly is easy to use for making instructional or educational videos. Perfect for internal or basic projects. I like the fact you can include your own voice over.

Cons

Sometimes the controls can be a little tedious if you are just starting to use moovly.

Great video making platform

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/12

This was the first program I found that allowed me to use video backgrounds in our marketing videos.

Pros

It is an easy platform to create custom marketing videos for your business, and one of the features that always stood out to me was the ability to have video backgrounds.

Cons

I fee like it is easy to get lost in the multiple layers on the time line. There may be a better way for this to be consolidated, but it is something that can be figured out by diving in and playing with it. Also, there was a time when I needed some assistance with customer service and no one responded to my inquiries.

Jonas S.

Making great animated videos

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Signing up was easy and I could get started straight away picking my templates and making the changes I needed. I'm now able to add animated text, charts and tables to my videos which is fantastic

Pros

I'm no videographer so the intuitive interface is really amazing for me. The option to use templates which can be customized to my needs is great.

Cons

I'd like it to be even easier to replace pictures and logos.

Response from Moovly

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review.
As for replacing pictures and logos, are you aware of the 'Swap Object' feature? More info can be found here: https://help.moovly.com/en/articles/1190400-how-to-replace-an-object-by-another-one.

Feel free to get in touch with our Support team if you need extra assistance.

Cheers,

Chana @ Moovly
Customer Success Manager

Sean W.

Great support and format options

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

The video format options and templates are pretty amazing. The pricing is reasonable as well, and the customer service is easy to work work, answered my questions quickly and thoroughly

Cons

I have no issues or negative feedback on this program, it has worked wonderfully for me, and I would would recommend it to others

Paul D.

Mediorce software, shocking customer service

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Awful. This software was so bad I forgot I had this trash until they got me on an auto-renewal. Of course, this company being what they are... far from understanding but hey that's life right! Myself, I would have refunded because if someone didn't want my services (contacted them straight away, no immediate response obviously) I wouldn't have caught them out on a technicality as my conscious would feel like I have stolen money in a way. But hey I get it... it's all about your "terms" instead of good business relationships these days. Buyer beware, you can do a lot better than this in all aspects!

Pros

Nothing really. At first, I thought it might be useful but it's just rubbish. Do yourself a favour and learn a few skills instead of using weak software like this.

Cons

Dashboard, stupid effects. Very slow at times. Video creation for kids basically.

Fills its niche well

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/27

If I needed to make an infographic video for the office, my options are either toil away in After Effects, or use a Moovly template. Not a hard choice to make. I can still use my broader editing and graphics knowledge to build on Moovly's foundation, but as I said in the title, Moovly knows that its for and it serves that purpose well.

Pros

Fills a much needed role. There are plenty of "idiot proof" video makers out there, but they tend to lean more towards social media. It's nice seeing software geared specifically towards a business setting, right down to editable templates for specific topics.

Cons

No real complaints. Moovly is intended for snappy, simple videos for businesses, which it handles well.

Perry F.

Moovly Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Easy to get started, Easy to create videos, and the price is relatively low and great when compared to other products on the market.

Pros

Moovly allowed me to create simple and fun videos with little to no expertise in animation. The best part is that there are helpful guides in-app to make sure you are using the different features correctly. It also runs very smooth despite processing very large video files.

Cons

The transitions and effects are great, but few. I would like to see more ability to customize the animation of the movement of objects on the tool. After a while, our videos have begun to look the same.

Aria S.

thanks!

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

I used the free trail to make quick white board explanation videos, I was able to make a quick video including the features like hand animation, fading in and out as well. This software also have a library feature, thank you!

Cons

I hope they make it more user friendly, and colorful as well, they can make adding of animations option a lot less complicated then it is.

Michael R.

Stay Away from Moovly

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

I am not happy and feel like I've been taken. Customer service has been horrendous and dissappointing. I do not need the stress that this program created for me.

Pros

I initially like the ability to use tools to create the video commercial I wanted but then found the tools to constantly crash. On Mozilla and Chrome.

Cons

All saved projects vanished and customer service did not help. They just canceled my account without trying to find a resolution. They would not refund my fee when, from day 1, I had trouble with extremely slow load times (using infra-red internet). I'm still waiting for support after a week to figure out what happenned to my files.

1.0/10
Mercè C.

Great program for non professional people

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/14

We use Moovly to make our infographics for the social networks or similar.

Pros

More than anything, I like the results that I get. This program allows me to quickly create videos with direct messages without being very professional or complicated because it is so simple. You don't need any expertise or experience with video editing programs. The tutorials are so useful so anyone should have any problem.

Cons

I think there are few computer graphics, nevertheless, they are very good and useful. Also, few pictures so you have to look for them on the Internet or pay for them.

Bozhidar T.

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

We are trying to expose our business using social media and moovly helps us create videos faster

Pros

that's easy to use and that there is free vectors to use.

Cons

i think the video editor interface can be made easier to use.

Tanya S.

Easy to create movies and animation on the fly

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Easy to quickly create sophisticated movies and animations.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to create sophisticate animations and movies at a low cost that can be used as stand-alone items or integrated into online platforms.

Cons

Higher learning curve with not a ton of user support. Little documentation that you can use when you get stuck.

Ellen B.

User-friendly

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

With Moovly I'm trying to find an answer on the following questions:
"How can I engage my audience better?"

Pros

The thing I liked most about Moovly is that it is very user-friendly for non-experts.
The "getting started" video was very helpful and I definitely recommend users to read the articles of the Moovly team.

Cons

As a student, I wasn't sure about the pricing. Luckily, Moovly also provides an Education plan.

Ravi T.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Easy video campaigns for Facebook and Youtube.

Pros

Easy to use and powerful. I have created many videos in a short time. They also allow 1080p video rendering with the subscription.

Cons

Customer Service needs improvement. I asked a question and the answer was not satisfactory so I had to go looking for an answer on Google. Not good if you have a chat available for support.

Kimberly L.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Pros

The ease of use. Would be interested in discussing other packages but have not received a response to any of the several communications I have sent to Moovly via their website.

Cons

No customer service. I have sent several communications to Moovly via their website in the past month requesting to cancel my subscription and have not received a response.

Elliot B.

Well It has lots of benefits.

Reviewed on 2017/02/04

Moovly's rather difficult to use in first place, getting familiar, specifically with syncing everything although once you get the hang of it, it isn't anything complicated.

Danish S.

Animated videos

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

Pros

Available on desktop android and apple. Nice features and good training materials. Any one can use it.

Cons

Very difficult to use. Limited features and not advanced for professionals. Price is high comparing to the features

6.0/10
Hemant V.

Very easy to use for professionals

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/23

It's great if you have getting paid for the content, for hobbyists its a bit pricey

Pros

Super easy, drag/drop. clean interface. Inbuilt stock library

Cons

Pricey, cheaper/free software elsewhere.

Animated Video Creation that's Completely Plug and Play

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/03

My experience was absolutely seamless and honestly really enjoyable. It's just so easy to use.

Pros

I was able to create a super pro video with soundtrack quickly and easily after watching a single tutorial. Everything I needed to do was intuitive or was easy to find support videos on ASAP.

Cons

The pricing model related to dropping the meta information into the video unless you pay is a pain, but understandable given that they have to make money.