Moovly

Online video creation tool for everyone

Darryl W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very glitchy and poor functionality

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Although I have been able to complete projects, they take too long working through what appears to be design issues. By and large for $100 and being able to complete projects with "trial and error", I'll hash through it and keep working.

Pros

It's a decent price and relatively easy to use. I am able to load items from other sources with relative ease.

Cons

Very glitchy; images not loading in library, design layout blocks some the editing screen, non expanded search page returns poor results, if any, and a host of other issues that can only be resolved by saving, closing and reentering the editor. Customer service takes too long.

Response from Moovly

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Please be informed the entire Moovly team takes your feedback very seriously and is actively working on (bug) fixes.

You have been in touch before with the Support team via email. The Engineering team admits we have faced some transcoding issues in the past weeks, causing the slow loading at times. These issues are now resolved and the service improved.

With regards to (UI/UX) design, with an online platform, this in an ongoing project and we are open to all (constructive) suggestions. These will not only help you as a user, but all other (future) users as well. Please let us know how we can further improve your experience.

Thank you once again and looking forward to assisting you in the future.

Best wishes,

Cym E.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fast for Current Educational Environment

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Pros

I learned Moovly in a sitting. I was able to move curriculum that relied on a teacher to explain the content in a live setting to movies and presentations students can view when it is their turn for the computer. I appreciate the support, both live and the online help features, in this time of need when we don't have time to figure things out the long way.

Cons

When I started a chat, it indicated it may take a day before I heard back from Moovly. Luckily, they underpromised the help and overdelivered with timely expertise. I was soon chatting with Steven.

Paul D.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Mediorce software, shocking customer service

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Awful. This software was so bad I forgot I had this trash until they got me on an auto-renewal. Of course, this company being what they are... far from understanding but hey that's life right! Myself, I would have refunded because if someone didn't want my services (contacted them straight away, no immediate response obviously) I wouldn't have caught them out on a technicality as my conscious would feel like I have stolen money in a way. But hey I get it... it's all about your "terms" instead of good business relationships these days. Buyer beware, you can do a lot better than this in all aspects!

Pros

Nothing really. At first, I thought it might be useful but it's just rubbish. Do yourself a favour and learn a few skills instead of using weak software like this.

Cons

Dashboard, stupid effects. Very slow at times. Video creation for kids basically.

Bozhidar T.

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

We are trying to expose our business using social media and moovly helps us create videos faster

Pros

that's easy to use and that there is free vectors to use.

Cons

i think the video editor interface can be made easier to use.

Elliot B.

Well It has lots of benefits.

Reviewed on 2017/02/04

Moovly's rather difficult to use in first place, getting familiar, specifically with syncing everything although once you get the hang of it, it isn't anything complicated.

Jason L.

A very frustrating experience with Moovly. I do not recommend this at all!

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

I learned about buyer beware.

Pros

The idea is of creating an animated online video is good. When the software works, it's easy to use.

Cons

There's far too many problems with the software. For starters, the rendering takes an extremely long time, and sometimes it would never even render for you to download. When i reached out to the customer support, it took over a week to get a response. This is the most frustrating part. Secondly, the software has glitches - if you move items in the "stage" , an error would appear and you have to click refresh every time it happens. In your own personal library, when you want to delete a clipart, it doesn't happen, therefore your library just keeps building and building and you can't clean it up. Their tech support said they're unable to fix this....Thirdly, it does not allow you to efficiently upload your own videos and audio. It either takes an extremely long time, or would never upload. Moovly uses their own server and this is the part that's frustrated and slow. Also, their images for animation is limited. It's more like a "video" creator where you take stock videos and photos to create your video. Animating has its limitations for sure on this.

Moovly is a video creator that's in its beta testing stage. There's far too many glitches and problems that their tech team is unable to correct efficiently.

It's a very pricey software that does not work well. Equally as frustrating is the support team, who do not respond consistently. It took up to 7 days for some replies and sometimes I got no response at all. Very frustrating experience. I DO NOT recommend!

Syed R.

Moovly - ‘is an excellent to create professional-looking videos’

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

As I stated, Moovly is very user-friendly tool, so I like to use it very much. My experience with it is amazing.

Pros

I like the fact that Moovly allows you to create videos easily without being an expert. You can create whiteboard videos, animated videos, and footage-based content with drag and drop actions in a minute. The most convenient thing is you don’t need to install the software because Mooovly is cloud-based. Moovly offers varieties options for people with different backgrounds which is very remarkable. I need to make different types of videos for my clients and they were very happy with the stunning video I created. I absolutely like their stock of features and elements. For me drag and drop also a great option to edit videos quickly.

Cons

I think to blend different audios is not easy for everyone. I found it a little tricky and I wish they if they could improve it. Moovly pro is not affordable for everyone. I think the price should be waived up to a certain amount.

Ursula H.

Excellent service

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

I had a problem with saving but then when I asked the support team, he helped quickly, professionally and advised that Moovly saves every few seconds and that I will not lose my test project that I did. Also, then when we send the review that it was AMAZING service as it was so quick and easy to get an answer.. This is really incredible service and they make a customer feel more like family than a customer.

Pros

Easy to use, you can really make amazing anything with it. Presentations, moving clips, anything. This is a powerful tool with so many options I love it.

Cons

It takes me a few minutes or so to learn the functionality but that is all.

Response from Moovly

Wauw, Ursula! Thank you 'oh so much' for these kind words! Welcome to the Moovly Family!

Karen V.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

The overall experience has been great.

Pros

Before buying the license, I used several trials from different companies. However, I decided on Moovly because of how easy it was to use, since I don't know much about making videos.

Cons

I dislike the backgrounds and the limit of downloading only 50 videos per month. I am a teacher and need small videos but in a bigger quantity.

Jessica S.

Glad I decided to give Moodle a go

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

I have come into my job with not much video content in the library. I am hoping to start building a great library to continue using throughout the year. I was very happy with my first attempt and will start working on my next one shortly this week.

Pros

I have just signed up with Moovly and was most impressed with the simplicity of using the software. I was able to jump straight in and produce my first video within a day. The library had great audio, video, and stock images to choose from as well.

Cons

When I signed up there was a technical problem with adding audio. Although the issue was resolved in a timely manner, my first video had to be published without audio attached to it. That was my only con so far.

Jaci S.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Moovly Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

Moovly is easy to use for making instructional or educational videos. Perfect for internal or basic projects. I like the fact you can include your own voice over.

Cons

Sometimes the controls can be a little tedious if you are just starting to use moovly.

Cristina G.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

I purchased it for personal use. I am able to create engaging assignments for my high school students as well as for my college students.

Pros

It is user friendly. I had no prior experience with this type of software. I decided to give it a try and it has worked pretty well. It has been an easy process. It makes my lessons more entertaining for my students.

Cons

The only negative I found was that I discovered that I had the ability to upload my PowerPoints rather than recreating every presentation. Unfortunately, this part of the software is not yet available. On a positive, though, it is a feature that is being worked on.

Olivier K.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Very good tool, excellent service and support

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

As said earlier I'm not specialized in doing videos but the support team was always there for me when I needed it.

Pros

Moovly was the perfect tool for us to create videos for our communication. We tried different tools and really like this one. Ease of use, ease to contact the support team. I liked the "click and drop" tool as I'm not specialized in doing such videos, it simplified the understanding of the tool for the creation of my first video. I highly recommend it.

Cons

I have not experiences any real issues with the tool for now.

Caesar C.

Great resource, great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Pros

Very thankful for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , who immediately responded to my request for Educator Pro account. Moovly is an excellent educational tool. I've been using it for several years, and will now use it even more.

Cons

The Getty Images for purchase (most of them very expensive) is not a worthwhile feature.

Tanya S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to create movies and animation on the fly

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Easy to quickly create sophisticated movies and animations.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to create sophisticate animations and movies at a low cost that can be used as stand-alone items or integrated into online platforms.

Cons

Higher learning curve with not a ton of user support. Little documentation that you can use when you get stuck.

Kimberly L.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Pros

The ease of use. Would be interested in discussing other packages but have not received a response to any of the several communications I have sent to Moovly via their website.

Cons

No customer service. I have sent several communications to Moovly via their website in the past month requesting to cancel my subscription and have not received a response.

Thiago M.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

VERY BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

Pros

Nothing. Totally frustrated because of terrible business practices

Cons

You know that company that enjoy stealing money from hard work people ? Thats Moovly.
They have you pay for a monthly subscription and enrolled as default in automatic renewal, just so they may have the chance to take some money from those people that did not read the small disclaimers they make when hiring the service.
Of course they wont refund your money, just because they are not interested in having honest and good relationship with their customers. Just are just interest in taking you money whataver it costs.

Animated Video Creation that's Completely Plug and Play

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

My experience was absolutely seamless and honestly really enjoyable. It's just so easy to use.

Pros

I was able to create a super pro video with soundtrack quickly and easily after watching a single tutorial. Everything I needed to do was intuitive or was easy to find support videos on ASAP.

Cons

The pricing model related to dropping the meta information into the video unless you pay is a pain, but understandable given that they have to make money.

Bridgette H.

I am impressed with this software

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

I'm impressed with customer service. I had one or two queries and they were attended to within the same day.

Pros

I don't really have a background in video editing and yet I have found it fairly easy to use

Cons

It takes a while to learn all the different functionalities but once you know it then its all systems go

Response from Moovly

Oooh, I'm so happy to read this, Bridgette!
Thanks for the nice words!

Enjoy Moovly,

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great video making platform

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

This was the first program I found that allowed me to use video backgrounds in our marketing videos.

Pros

It is an easy platform to create custom marketing videos for your business, and one of the features that always stood out to me was the ability to have video backgrounds.

Cons

I fee like it is easy to get lost in the multiple layers on the time line. There may be a better way for this to be consolidated, but it is something that can be figured out by diving in and playing with it. Also, there was a time when I needed some assistance with customer service and no one responded to my inquiries.

Mya K.
  • Industry: Events Services

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

My overall experience with Moovly is good. I would definitely recommend this program for new film editors.

Pros

Unlike iMovie, which has present transitions and titles that are difficult to edit the way you would like them, Moovly allows you to edit such things seamlessly to make your video exactly how you want. For a new film maker that doesn't find IMovie to have all of the features you are looking for this is a great option. Additionally, this software is much easier to use then Adobe Premier Pro. Getting assistance from the support team is also very easy and they always get back to you within 24-48 hours (most of the time sooner).

Cons

Unfortunately, this program runs on wifi and is not a downloadable software. This can be an issue when your wifi is not good. Also, I have found that it runs much slower on a Mac (and often times crashes) then on a PC (its runs really well on a PC) which can be very frustrating at times because I use my Mac for everything and would like to use it on my Mac instead of having to switch to a PC.

Julie H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Moovly "Moovs" My Students

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

I am teaching students how to use presentation software. Signing up for Moovly was simple for my students offering SSO login.

Pros

Moovly is fun and fairly simple. The graphics are clear and concise. It is fun to play around with. There are some green screen images which are easy to teach about layering, green screen, and transparency. The support was excellent.

Cons

For the free edu version, the images are quite limited.

Response from Moovly

Thank you for the nice review, Julie!

Kind regards,

Jocelyn E.

My Moovly would not open after I tried reviewing my work, I contacted customer service and...

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

I was not able to get any benefits except a wasted work day, my project would not open again.

Pros

I did like the short videos, however I was not able to use the video at all because I wasn't able to get back into my project.

Cons

The backbone of the software needs to be worked on, there are several glitches whenever editing the video, and for me, I wasn't able to get back into the video I previously made after coming back to it. Customer service got back to me once a day, and asked me the simplest questions for about 3 days. By then I have already lost 3 days and my project is about to be presented, so I have an alternative that won't fail. Very frustrated that I spent a work day on a video that I can't even get back into, even with customer support.

Response from Moovly

The issues reported by this user were, based on our first observations, related to personal computer and internet connection problems. While we did not get an answer from the user on the technical questions we asked, we regret the problems the user experienced and are still open to help resolve the issues. There are every day thousands of users using Moovly for their video projects - and happy about it!

Our online support service provides average response times - even to users of the Free license - within 24 hours on business days. For students and teachers, Moovly provides free Education licenses. More information is available on www.moovly.com

Dennis T.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Loving this product!

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Excellent so far

Pros

Within 4 hours of purchasing, I had my first 2 minute marketing video completed. I am a Business Coach with 20 clients. Their are so many different applications for small businesses that I’m excited to share another value added service with my clients.
When I made a billing mistake, they fixed the error promptly. Great service!
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Moovly.

Cons

There is too big of a gap between the Pro and Max subscriptions in both features and price. Just my opinion.

Michael R.

Stay Away from Moovly

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

I am not happy and feel like I've been taken. Customer service has been horrendous and dissappointing. I do not need the stress that this program created for me.

Pros

I initially like the ability to use tools to create the video commercial I wanted but then found the tools to constantly crash. On Mozilla and Chrome.

Cons

All saved projects vanished and customer service did not help. They just canceled my account without trying to find a resolution. They would not refund my fee when, from day 1, I had trouble with extremely slow load times (using infra-red internet). I'm still waiting for support after a week to figure out what happenned to my files.