Flock

Communication and collaboration platform for teams

Ian
Ian
  • Industry: Design

An Excellent Team Communications and Utility Tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Flock has quickly become a single hub for a lot of my daily work.

Flock has quickly become a single hub for a lot of my daily work.

Pros

Prior to using Flock, our team was on slack which handled communications well. But what Flock brought to the table was more. In addition to the features that Slack has, Flock also has a calendar app, note taking app (which works with individuals, channels and myself, a feature which I really like), tasks app, drive app which I felt adds a lot of value to the product, and makes it a central hub for a lot of my daily activities. They have also recently added a feature that enables you to have repeated processes setup, bringing in automation into the platform. I think they're doing really well in the space that are in and hope they continue to keep innovating while keeping their users in mind.

Cons

They don't have enough integrations (like Invision). They also don't seem to have an easy way to export all data (Slack has this).
A dark theme for Flock would be great.

Matt
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Collaboration in a Snap

Reviewed on 2021/11/19

We hoped to use this more per some direction from management, but was at the tail end of a COVID related run on remote work solutions which ultimately did not hold further on.

Pros

The ease of setup, sharing postings from various teams and chat functions were done quite well

Cons

There were not too many negatives we could find in our trial run.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Microsoft Teams needed far more cost, setup and systems we are not yet ready to migrate from.
Adam

I didn't know a chat platform could be this bad.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

None.

None.

Pros

Nothing at all. It is amazingly frustrating and annoying to use. Just use Slack, HipChat, or anything else but this.

Cons

The UI is an utter trainwreck. Fundamental things like starting a new chat or referring to a prior one are ridiculously unintuitive. Notifications are also broken. There is no shortage of pointless self-promotional notifications from Flock, but actual chat popups don't work half the time.

You will also get email spam from Flock on a regular basis, and their unsubscribe links do not do anything.

Unfortunately, my employer has chosen to use this product for the time being. It is not a decision I support, at all. I really hope we go back to using Slack.

Response from Flock

Hi Adam, we really apologize for the unfortunate experience you've encountered. We understand your frustration and would like to assure you that we're doing everything possible to improve the user experience of our product. We are aware of some of the problems (the UI issues) you mentioned as we are actively working on them. Wrt the chat popups not working for you, our support team would get like to get in touch with you to figure out what the problem is and fix it as soon as possible.

Jessica

Flock: Robusta Tool for BIM

Reviewed on 2023/09/17

Business instant messaging, file sharing, task management and project coordination.

Pros

Flock offers BIM and product management capabilities in one place that help advance team collaboration and boost project management in real-time.

Cons

Unfortunately, Flock demand a lot of integration to accomplish some tasks such as video conferencing.

Tom
  • Industry: Utilities

Business Instant Messaging Program

Reviewed on 2023/11/28

Pros

Flock allocates all the tools that allows me to save time by centralizing communication, file sharing and web conferencing in one place.

Cons

This program accomplishes all my daily needs - I can’t complain at the moment.

Bennett

2023 Business Instant Messenger

Reviewed on 2023/08/23

Project and product management.Large file sharing online.Business instant messaging.

Pros

Unlike alternatives such as Swit, Flock not only offers instant messaging and chat tools, but also allocates product managers and project management capabilities.

Cons

I use Flock on a daily basis bot at workstation station and from home and I hardly have anything that I can term as a flaw.

Samuel

BIM Tool with MPM and OPM Capabilities

Reviewed on 2023/08/26

File sharing, team collaboration, project management and instant messaging.

File sharing, team collaboration, project management and instant messaging.

Pros

Flock combines online project management, marketing project management and instant messaging tools all-in-one place.

Cons

I do not have anything that I can really mention as a flaw. In fact, Flock is an exceptional tool since it offers not only BIM tools but also project management capabilities.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Flock at Chiromo

Reviewed on 2023/10/28

Flock enables me to send and receive instant messages over the internet.

Flock enables me to send and receive instant messages over the internet.

Pros

Flock is used across all business unit in my mental health care. It boost productivity via enhancing team collaboration, file sharing and business instant messaging.

Cons

Due to lack of video conferencing tools I am forced to integrate with external apps such as BlueJeans Meetings and VR.

Arianna
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Slack Alternative of 2023

Reviewed on 2023/08/31

Business instant messaging.Project and portfolio management.File sharing.

Business instant messaging.Project and portfolio management.File sharing.

Pros

Flock gives me the ability to send large files online via drag and drop.It enhances unlimited creation of communication channels.

Cons

I use Flock as Slack alternative and it does everything perfect from product management to instant messaging.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Flock is Slowly Replacing Slack in My Organization

Reviewed on 2023/10/25

Internal communication through Flock boost performance for 24/7.

Internal communication through Flock boost performance for 24/7.

Pros

Flock offers an extensive range of features from team collaboration, file sharing, business instant messaging to live chat in one place.

Cons

I have not yet discovered the dark side of Flock.

Suzan

Remote non-tech team needs simple communication software!

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Changed my company, changed my life. I do complain sometimes about too many red dots! But at least I have it all in one place.

Pros

We used to work in the chat function of Skype... true story! Then someone suggested Slack and the tech details were completely overwhelming for our non-tech team. I think we found flock when it was barely out of beta and we are using it day in, day out, all day! And it integrates with our existing project management tool trello. What I also like is the responsiveness of the support team.

Cons

It's not very obvious where to switch the sound off, ha ha. The first month of our remote employees they are getting loopy from the noise until we find out by accident when we zoom with them and explain where to switch it off!

Slack

Reasons for Choosing Flock

It's Skype, do I need to say more?

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Too techie and overwhelming
Shaumit

It is a reasonably good platform to communicate with team. It is extremely fast and useful to...

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

I really love to use flock as it is best place to explore new features.
Its far better than Slack as if I wanted to find some pervious data, I can easily go for search option and tailor it out..
I really love the TO-DO feature that helps me to follow up with people for various things.
I love the pinned chats feature, which helps me to notify important things to important people and get connect with them without a delay.
I also like notes feature, which help me to write the important points during meeting.
Its best use is to share the file without delay and saves me time and email.
Also, when I am busy, I can update my status without any delay.

Cons

I would like to inform that there is no con for using flock, however, if some changes, that I have suggested, could be made then it would be more user-friendly.
1. I would suggest flock team to work on reactions of a particular message. For example, on a particular channel, I would like to say something funny or express my gratitude, if some one from the team likes my message, I would suggest few more emojis to be added to make it more happier to use it.
2. I would like to explore new features like, if possible to add, dictionary or recordings of audio.

Nirav
  • Industry: Automotive

Internal Team Communications Made Easy

Reviewed on 2022/12/29

We have extensively used Flock for business communications within the team. It helps you create groups for your team. Since they have also created android app for the platform it becomes seamless to use across devices.

Pros

Apart from chatting, Flock allows you to conduct polls, create to-dos, and share files. It also allows you to do audio or video calls with a group of people based on the need.

Cons

At times, the app fails to show notifications for the message received

• Industry: Civil Engineering

I really like my Flock experience

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

It facilitated my work by providing to communicate and collaborate with people in easy way , it offers messaging, file sharing, task management, and integration with other popular collaboration tools.

Pros

Flock is easy-to-use interface and features that facilitate team communication and collaboration, It offers team messaging, file sharing, task management, and integration with other popular collaboration tools.

Cons

I feel that the app lacks certain advanced features and customization options compared to other messaging apps.

Darina
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Online managementtool for engineers

Reviewed on 2022/01/14

Lack of managment options on older apps, like Skype, made us forced to search for a new app for communication.

Flock poped up on google play store, so we tried it out. Avaible on both play store and apple store, we quickly reached our objective. Everyone in our firm uses it now.

Pros

Since the world is in hard situation, we rely on online communication for task managing within our firm. Flock is great program for that.

Not only is there basic online chatting, but the program also has options for task assigment. This means, we are able to directly distribute the work, without need of worry of someone forgetting their work, since its always written there.

We use github, google disk and drop box at our firm. This program is able to co-work with them, which makes it usage that much easier for us.

The amount of space avaible, 5 GB per team on free trail, is greatly appreciated. Naturally, 20 gb per team for purchased program is more than enough for normal firm usage. For just 4,50 a month, you have 3 apps in one: online communication, cloud storage, task managment.

Avaible in both google play store and apple store makes it convenient for our diverse use of software.

Cons

Lack of profile costumization options.

Arheer
Arheer
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A Comprehensive Collaboration Platform That Makes Team Communication Easier

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Flock is a comprehensive collaboration platform that offers a variety of features to help teams stay connected and productive. It has features like group chat, video conferencing, task management, file sharing, document collaboration, and more.

Pros

- Provides secure communication between two users- Can do task management, file sharing, and document collaboration- Multiple integrations wit third party tools are available

Cons

It has a limited files storage and sharing limits. Mobiles app at times stop working.

Heidi

Flock Review 2019

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Flock helps us connect as staff, as our company is spread over 3 towns.

Flock helps us connect as staff, as our company is spread over 3 towns.

Pros

- easy of use
- connects staff spread out

Cons

- the notification noise

Siddharth
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Premium features in superb pricing! One of the best communication apps I have used!

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Easy to get work done with this as my primary communication app.

Easy to get work done with this as my primary communication app.

Pros

1. Love the number of integrations possible, they have an app store. For example, I can create a task on Todoist by using /Todoist inside flock.
2. Loads fast compared to other similar types of communication apps.
3. Keyboard shortcuts.
4. Ability to create notes, polls, and to-dos.
5. File sharing feature is superb.
6. Multiple organization capabilities.
7. Ability to create reminders.

Cons

1. I think the only con is that there are too many updates, have to keep restarting the app when they update.

Ankit
Ankit
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Easy to use internal team communication app.

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Replaces extensive conversations over email. It's best for regular day to day office conversations.

Pros

1. Easy to use just like whatsapp.
2. Can add gifs, emojis and other stickers
3. Useful features like reminders, in-app video and voice calling
4. Can use multiple accounts for signing in

Cons

1. Always have to add a code while logging into a new machine.
2. On mobile devices, the chat order seems to be little weird. Recent ones are on top and unread ones are at
the bottom, don't know if it's a bug. There should be a separate tab to check unread messages/chat.

Punit
  • Industry: Think Tanks

A useful team collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Keeping it short - it has helped to save time in the group collaboration and hence has improved efficiency in the team.

Pros

In no time Flock became an essential tool for my team, not just a communication tool, but an overall performance enhancer.
My favorite features of Flock were:
1. Very quick file sharing
2. Conference call feature
3. Quick poll option - very useful for all essential and non-essential decisions(eg. what food to order tonight) as well :p
4. Reactions to every message
5. Sub-groups can be created in the group with the option of keeping it public or private.

Cons

Well replying to messages was tedious. Being used to WhatsApp, this felt cumbersome at first but then they slowly improved on it.
There is this slight difference in the app and desktop UI especially wrt using font formatting options like bold, italics, etc.

Geof

A good alternative to Slack

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

After the very simple and awesome HipChat, we needed a replacement. Flock works. The apps are easy to use, and again, love to see if a message was successfully sent and read. However, Flock is starting to get bloated. There is too many "feature" and options and tie-in and plugins. There is a whole bar of icons on the right I'd love to get rid of. Also, free version seem to allow anyone on the "team" to invite ANYONE (inside your company or not) to the chat and you can't turn this off without upgrading. HipChat was best, Stride was terrible. Flock and Slack are likely here to stay.

Pros

Easy to use, nice color scheme, small, quick. Love being able to see if a message was delivered and read.

Cons

Becoming very cluttered, I want a chat program to do just that, not try to be everything. I realize they're competing with Slack, but you don't have to make things cluttered. Dislike that free version has SO many limits on administration.

Winfrey
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Business Instant Messenger of this Era

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Flock gives me the ability to centralize internal communications in one place.

Flock gives me the ability to centralize internal communications in one place.

Pros

Flock mobile application allows me to send and receive instant DMs over the internet.

Cons

I integrate with external apps always to enhance video conferencing.

Michelle

Great Messaging System!

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Wonderful. I use flock on my phone and iPad and computer and they all work perfectly.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for a company. You can add members who work there and take away once that leave the company easily. It helps with productivity as I do not need to get up and go down the hall to ask a coworker a questions. I can just Flock it to them.

Cons

The BOLD and ITALIC features don't work that well and there is no auto-correct or auto capitalization for the I in the program. The system could use a few upgrades in that sense. But, that is my only complaint as everything else is great.

Vishal

Flock Review- Vishal Parekh

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Its very user friendly, as the person can access the messages over mobile phone. Hence, we can reach out to the team 24*7.
The survey/poll option helps in deciding the things with people's consent.

Pros

It can be used over mobile phone as well as desktop
The survey/ poll options
Better availability of icons & emojis

Cons

At times the messages do not pop-up
Takes longer duration to start the application
It should have a mandatory field to specify the team which the member is representing

Ease of communication

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Every time I need to talk to my reporting head or team leader, I can point them on flock instead of having to go to their desk or can send files to them if needed very easily.

Pros

Flock offers a platform for communication that seems basic but has so many functionalities built into it. You can send documents, media, emojis, texts or share a to do list. For those who don't like to go through the painful experience of sending mails for official purposes, flock is the platform that helps the communication flow smoothly between the employees and employers.

Cons

Recently there's a limit added to the number of messages a free account can have and the old messages get deleted every time you get a new message. This means unintended loss of data for those who are using it.