Flock

Communication and collaboration platform for teams

Christina B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Flock is the best!

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

I am a very satisfied customer. I feel I was provided with accurate information throughout the app so I could make an educated decision with my insurance options & finances. I hope we use Flock with our open enrollment every year!

Pros

It's super user friendly! I love how it breaks down the price & has a description for all items available.

Cons

Needs more of an explanation on the life insurance portion. Lots of questions that I had to call & ask for ehlp with, but that really wasn't an issue.

Hannah R.

The Team Communication Tool We Needed

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Keeping all team communication in one place is exactly the solution we needed, elevating our team from seperate chats and email threads. It has organized our team and keeps everything organized and archived if we ever need to draw on what was previously said.

Pros

I like the intergrated tools that make managing projects within our team so much easier! For example, the to-do lists that you are able to create between team members keeps us on track and organized.

Cons

I haven't found to many things to dislike about Flock, the only pain point with the free version is only allowing the (1) administrator to post to announcements. Our team made a seperate channel so that relevant leaders could post announcements.

Ron G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

We Chose as an Alternative to Slack

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

As we are all working remotely now, Flock is especially useful for everything from early morning check-in to quick sharing of files.

Pros

Having used Slack with several organizations, I was familiar with the benefits of a direct real-time communications platform tailored to enhance work activities. In choosing for our small company, we found Flock to be a better alternative both cost-wise and overall look and feel. The ability to bring in guests on specific projects without adding to our baseline use cost was a key recommender for us.

The integration with Google Docs is very good.

Flock also seems to be a more customer-focused independent company, rather than a large public corporation (and even larger now) that will be driven by how much more rent it can charge across its customer base, which is a personal pet peeve of mine.

Cons

Some of the audio/video features need to be better integrated. The video conferencing still seems a bit buggy compared to other platforms, so we don't rely on Flock for that service.

Pamela M.

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

We are a construction company that uses this for our field techs to load pictures and we have had no problems, whenever I have had to contact flock which was twice, they were able to handle what I needed at that time, I would highly recommend this software. (still looking for in expensive software to use with my techs on sending work orders)

Pros

Our main purpose for using flock is being able to share pictures.

Cons

There is only 1 thing I would say is cons, when contacting flock it is sometimes hard to understand what they are saying due to they have a different accent the usa does. I would recommend a search bar for finding older pictures.

Debjit B.

One of the simple and easy collaboration tool for my team.

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

I love the Idea of on-screen tutorials which is annoying first but collapsible later. Participance can now show their screen so no more blind guesses and solves problems quicker then ever.No more email for the customer. Now customer confusions participant directly to participants development process and share their thoughts when I progrrame their software. collaboration makes my work breez.

Pros

You can simply do all your team management in one place. here are some of the things I like the most of this service.
Share screen with participents, on a video call. Share docs(also supports google docs) , ask for a pool , add code snippets . this make my life simper.No more long and time consuming email conversions. You just do all live chat and no more confutions. You can add many popular software to your flock account. I think it is an simple colaboration tool which makes my freelance life easyer.
I love myspace for quick private note taking facility, which helps me Evaluate/Modify my work for later.

Cons

When I set it up for the first time it took 2 onscreen demos how to use it, I was annoying at first but with time this onscreen tutorial helps me find options else hiden.I would love to see a collapciable left bar(Cant find till now.)

Carsten D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best Slack alternative, and I prefer it over Slack

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

Exceptional. While I'm not a huge believer in the importance of these chat products vs. those of the past, of the ones in the market today, Flock is my preferred chat tool. I've used Slack, Flock, Glip, and others. This one is easy to use, adds more features than Slack, and is far more stable and quality than Glip.

Pros

I never understood the hype around Slack. Marketed as an "e-mail killer," we all know that's true. There are still so many things it cannot do that email can do. Not to mention, it's just another internal chat tool. In fact, the only core differences between Slack and your typical enterprise grade chat client are silly emojis and power user abilities that 99% of your employees don't know how to use, and won't use. Flock, while generally speaking works the same way, at least adds some productivity concepts in the app. For example, in different channels and private chats, I can have working to-do lists with assignments and due dates. I can pin documents and files in a conversation or channel that are relevant to the conversation. Also, for some reason, things just feel cleaner in Flock. My entire team was confused why we switched at first, but those types of features were my reasons. And now they love it, no going back.

Cons

Not as many integrations as Slack. But not a deal breaker. Almost all the tools we use integrate.

Lewis G.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Flock is awesome. All you hear about is Slack Slack Slack. Flock is way better bang for your...

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Pros

It's very cost effective, the features are great, UI is easy and intuitive, and it's a no brainer in these times of increased remote work due to Coronavirus.

Cons

screenshare would be good. I would like if that was a feature.

• Industry: Automotive

Excellent communication tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Flock has become a key part of the entire companies communication. Company wide channels to share information for all employees as well as focused channels to handle specific areas of the business make it the best solution for us.

Pros

It's easy for all level users in the company to communicate with. Great real-time solution to responding to client needs ASAP. Administration of the users and environment is simple. Excellent uptime - rare that the service is ever slow or unavailable. Support and dev team are on top of the product and updates.

Cons

Can be a challenge to manage multiple groups/channels. Would like a better way to keep channels and groups cleaned up and current. maybe a way to customize the interface for the company would be nice.

Sonalisa P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Convenient and improving product!

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Flock is a nice and easy-going communication platform and has made our lives easy in corporate communication and mostly during this remote working phase. Keep improving and bringing in new and cool features.

Pros

1. Easy to understand and operate
2. 'Read by' feature helps a lot.
3. The distinguishing red mark on mentions is a great experience.
4. The variety of stickers and emojis are great.

Cons

1. The DND feature can be better.
2. The reaction emojis can be more (please add more relevant ones like - facepalm, a simple smile, etc)
3. Provide notification tone changes in the app version of it.
4. The recent chants are lost whenever one makes a hard refresh. Please retrieve the chats back.
5. The search feature can be made efficient (add date-wise search and improve the current search)
6. When a file is pinned, please have a method to show the message on the chat as well.

Ankit B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use internal team communication app.

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Replaces extensive conversations over email. It's best for regular day to day office conversations.

Pros

1. Easy to use just like whatsapp.
2. Can add gifs, emojis and other stickers
3. Useful features like reminders, in-app video and voice calling
4. Can use multiple accounts for signing in

Cons

1. Always have to add a code while logging into a new machine.
2. On mobile devices, the chat order seems to be little weird. Recent ones are on top and unread ones are at
the bottom, don't know if it's a bug. There should be a separate tab to check unread messages/chat.

Mania D.

Flock is a great tool for communication for a big team.

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

Pros

If you are familiar with Google Hangouts then the interface for this program will look very familiar on the mobile app. For basic functions such as communicating with a team or an individual team member, this app is nearly flawless. However, the app offers more such as polls and sending files. You can have different categories of discussion which makes the app organized.

Cons

The main issue I had with the app was sometimes it failed to notify me of new messages. Also, although the app offers many different features they are a bit difficult to use. For example, for making a poll I had to look around on Google how to do so because I couldn't figure it out on my own, and I consider myself a tech-savvy person.

Matthew M.

Review of Flock

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

I love how easy it is to connect with teammates, sending them images, calling them, video chatting and so much more through one app, even without data.

Cons

It was a little tough to understand the fullness of what it has to offer but over time that became clearer.

Azeem S.

We were using flock for the last two three years and it is awsome.

Reviewed on 2017/09/09

Pros

Flock is more a collaboration tool.The main advantages of using it are,
1)Flock is a simple platform.The simplicity makes the flock more usable.
2)Can create multiple teams.
3)Can create channels for projects.
4)File sharing.
5)Can create apps
6)Multi platform because of the web platform and the browser extensions.

Cons

The video chat and conferencing needs to be improved.It will be better if you can create your own platform to do the conferencing.It will be better you provide the native app for Linux.

Md zaid I.

Works for start-up | Good Alternative of Slack

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

The beauty of this product is providing the exact same feature with unlimited integration which directly enables a path for startup guys. Some stage we don't want to spend money but we want a good stuff for the team, and that point this helps a lot. The feature which is enabled till the day is really awesome. Having a bunch of integration helps to keep tracking the status. Let's say your build stats, your social media stats (Having Facebook, twitter etc), your DevOps notification which is free of cost.

Cons

Team can work on UI as some time I get confused. Flock is now having ample of feature it's high time if they can plan for UI enhancement.
Recently I have seen they enabled password earlier it was OTP based. OTP was good for verifying account but asking every time doesn't help to user.

Ease of communication

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Every time I need to talk to my reporting head or team leader, I can point them on flock instead of having to go to their desk or can send files to them if needed very easily.

Pros

Flock offers a platform for communication that seems basic but has so many functionalities built into it. You can send documents, media, emojis, texts or share a to do list. For those who don't like to go through the painful experience of sending mails for official purposes, flock is the platform that helps the communication flow smoothly between the employees and employers.

Cons

Recently there's a limit added to the number of messages a free account can have and the old messages get deleted every time you get a new message. This means unintended loss of data for those who are using it.

Kelley W.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Flock review

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Keeps the team in communication

Pros

I like how it is easy for my team to have converstaions and that I can have different channels

Cons

I use just the basics like chatting with team so I don't have any issues with it

Sabareesh G.

Flock helped us to communicates between our team alot. I'm using this for last few years.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Team communication is improved alot.

Pros

Flock helped us to communicates between our team alot. I'm using this for last few years and its features are improving day by day. Earlier we used it within in a team of around 250+ members are using it.Good Job team.

Cons

I feel that they need to improve the user interface. Current interface is looks good but need to add more features and make it as a colorful one.

Kreeti P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Team Communication & To-do-lists Manager

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

This app is built-in with instant messaging and to-do-lists, making a feature that has helped our team communicate and keep track of regular stuff to be done all through this single app.

Pros

Maintaining regular communication with a team member from anywhere is more comfortable with Flock, and interestingly this app can also be used for creating and maintaining regular to-do-lists

Cons

Its user interface looks too much congested with too many pieces of information, icons, controls, and options, which might be quite confusing for new users.

Greg F.

Flock TRANSFORMED our inter-office communications

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

This is the best tool we've ever used to keep our entire staff on the same page. It's easy to use and administer and with the mobile app we're up-to-date no matter where we are.

Cons

I wish replies would show in-line with the original message but I understand why they don't. They are just difficult to read they way they are.

Morgan H.

A change for the better!

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Great so far! We've only had it for a couple of months, but it's been a smooth transition.

Pros

Linking Google Calendar right to Flock, making it possible to create chats for specific meetings. This makes it a lot easier to keep chats less congested with messages.
Process Automator is a very cool and unique tool.
To do lists! Shared To do lists! I love all of the to do list functionalities and reminder options.

Cons

I wish there were more app integrations, I would like a Notion integration.

Agraj A.

Flock is a simple productivity tool for organization that 'actually works'.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Team communication was integrated and simplified. Their response time was reduced substantially. The Turn Around Time (ToT) for projects/tasks/client co-coordinate was reduced to an effective scale.

Pros

Its simple. Its easy. Its adaptable by people of any department. Its scalable. Overall, it makes the team/organization super productive, by reducing internal emails exchanged and providing easy access to the right tools to get the things done.

Cons

Nothing specific worth mentioning.
In case some integrations are not available, the Flock developer-friendly guides gives structured information to create one for our favorite/custom applications.

Alma G.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

overall i like it

Pros

Flock is a great way to contact employees on the other side of the office without having to pick up a phone

Cons

i have nothing i do not like about it. everything is great

Katy K.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great connector

Reviewed on 2020/05/24

I used to think it was another technology piece that would add more chaos to my workday, but it actually simplifies collaboration and communication between colleagues.

Pros

quick communication with colleagues: I can see if my text is delivered, read and I can react to what I am reading with emojis' etc. Hopefully it's as good as being in the same room with them.

Cons

I don't like the dashboard. it is cluttered and not attractive. Everything looks the same and when I first used it I couldn't even figure out the simplest actions.

Phillip S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Effective team communication

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Need to talk among departments and within groups. We do this effectively with little effort thanks to flock.

Pros

Ability to message group and also individual via same window interface. Also has phone app and do not disturb

Cons

Sometimes you get emails about missed comunications sometimes there are none and no idea why. voting system is confusing.

Aishwarya C.

Great app

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

It is very easy to use. And contains various useful functions such as reminders, to-dos, etc.

Cons

It also takes time to start the application.
The mobile app is not so convenient to use