Flock Reviews

Flock

Communication and collaboration platform for teams

4.4/5 (132 reviews)
Louis C.

Our team has migrated to FLOCK for ease of use and for feature set capabilities which allow us to manage tasking and team communication as well as video conferencing most effectively

Reviewed on 2018/04/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

In the final analysis , we believe Flock is a winner and we will be using Flock as our primary collaborative team communication tool for our office team tasking assignment, as well as for video chat . Our office wanted a shared communication tool which on balance was designed with team work in mind. Considering the user interface which allows for common communication as well as closed conversation threads between managers, the rather convenient presence of one touch button control for screen sharing as well as conference call entrance, Flock will be our go communication tool for intra office now. We would say the only real negatives though not plentiful were tied to the inability to control notifications coming from conversations. This can create a log jam. We also experienced some difficulty with file searching or keeping files private to one user. Our recommendation is to emphasize the team orientated communication tools offered by Flock as the primary orientation for usage and to use its rather robust application integration capabilities to supplement weaknesses in the usage of the program. We use Trello quite easily with Flock for instance. Give Flock a try as we believe it can help.

Pros

Seamless and extremely easy to use interface has many advantages including wide and extremely robust application support including Trello, social network apps and many more. We are able to manage team conversation which can be common or specific to users in the group, employ instant screen sharing , and one button touch for video call and chat participation. Overall Flock has proven extremely user friendly and convenient. At this time, pro model and feature upgrade is only a month.

Cons

Less ability at this time to control notifications from shared conversations as well as a non available capability to keep shared files private to 1 user.

Shaumit K.

It is a reasonably good platform to communicate with team. It is extremely fast and useful to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

I really love to use flock as it is best place to explore new features.
Its far better than Slack as if I wanted to find some pervious data, I can easily go for search option and tailor it out..
I really love the TO-DO feature that helps me to follow up with people for various things.
I love the pinned chats feature, which helps me to notify important things to important people and get connect with them without a delay.
I also like notes feature, which help me to write the important points during meeting.
Its best use is to share the file without delay and saves me time and email.
Also, when I am busy, I can update my status without any delay.

Cons

I would like to inform that there is no con for using flock, however, if some changes, that I have suggested, could be made then it would be more user-friendly.
1. I would suggest flock team to work on reactions of a particular message. For example, on a particular channel, I would like to say something funny or express my gratitude, if some one from the team likes my message, I would suggest few more emojis to be added to make it more happier to use it.
2. I would like to explore new features like, if possible to add, dictionary or recordings of audio.

Debjit B.

One of the simple and easy collaboration tool for my team.

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

I love the Idea of on-screen tutorials which is annoying first but collapsible later. Participance can now show their screen so no more blind guesses and solves problems quicker then ever.No more email for the customer. Now customer confusions participant directly to participants development process and share their thoughts when I progrrame their software. collaboration makes my work breez.

Pros

You can simply do all your team management in one place. here are some of the things I like the most of this service.
Share screen with participents, on a video call. Share docs(also supports google docs) , ask for a pool , add code snippets . this make my life simper.No more long and time consuming email conversions. You just do all live chat and no more confutions. You can add many popular software to your flock account. I think it is an simple colaboration tool which makes my freelance life easyer.
I love myspace for quick private note taking facility, which helps me Evaluate/Modify my work for later.

Cons

When I set it up for the first time it took 2 onscreen demos how to use it, I was annoying at first but with time this onscreen tutorial helps me find options else hiden.I would love to see a collapciable left bar(Cant find till now.)

Carsten D.

The best Slack alternative, and I prefer it over Slack

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/03

Exceptional. While I'm not a huge believer in the importance of these chat products vs. those of the past, of the ones in the market today, Flock is my preferred chat tool. I've used Slack, Flock, Glip, and others. This one is easy to use, adds more features than Slack, and is far more stable and quality than Glip.

Pros

I never understood the hype around Slack. Marketed as an "e-mail killer," we all know that's true. There are still so many things it cannot do that email can do. Not to mention, it's just another internal chat tool. In fact, the only core differences between Slack and your typical enterprise grade chat client are silly emojis and power user abilities that 99% of your employees don't know how to use, and won't use. Flock, while generally speaking works the same way, at least adds some productivity concepts in the app. For example, in different channels and private chats, I can have working to-do lists with assignments and due dates. I can pin documents and files in a conversation or channel that are relevant to the conversation. Also, for some reason, things just feel cleaner in Flock. My entire team was confused why we switched at first, but those types of features were my reasons. And now they love it, no going back.

Cons

Not as many integrations as Slack. But not a deal breaker. Almost all the tools we use integrate.

Ian C.

An Excellent Team Communications and Utility Tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Flock has quickly become a single hub for a lot of my daily work.

Pros

Prior to using Flock, our team was on slack which handled communications well. But what Flock brought to the table was more. In addition to the features that Slack has, Flock also has a calendar app, note taking app (which works with individuals, channels and myself, a feature which I really like), tasks app, drive app which I felt adds a lot of value to the product, and makes it a central hub for a lot of my daily activities. They have also recently added a feature that enables you to have repeated processes setup, bringing in automation into the platform. I think they're doing really well in the space that are in and hope they continue to keep innovating while keeping their users in mind.

Cons

They don't have enough integrations (like Invision). They also don't seem to have an easy way to export all data (Slack has this).
A dark theme for Flock would be great.

Krishan K.

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

We are using Flock for 2 years now. It is just awesome.
I dont have email everything . No email means no time waste.
It is great for communication if someone is doing work form office.
We have create a new group for every new project that helps to have everyone on same page. and easy for manager to get updates from team. It helps in discussion also.
We have integrated flock api for alert on our application.
Overall flock makes our entire team life easy.

Pros

We are using Flock for 2 years now. It is just awesome.
I dont have email everything . No email means no time waste.
It is great for communication if someone is doing work form office.

Cons

I found one thing irritating that I can not delete reminder which was set by another team mate on group. and I can not download notes.
Everything else is just awesome.

Excellent communication tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Flock has become a key part of the entire companies communication. Company wide channels to share information for all employees as well as focused channels to handle specific areas of the business make it the best solution for us.

Pros

It's easy for all level users in the company to communicate with. Great real-time solution to responding to client needs ASAP. Administration of the users and environment is simple. Excellent uptime - rare that the service is ever slow or unavailable. Support and dev team are on top of the product and updates.

Cons

Can be a challenge to manage multiple groups/channels. Would like a better way to keep channels and groups cleaned up and current. maybe a way to customize the interface for the company would be nice.

Emily B.

Keeping in contact with your team

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Flock is definitely a great addition to any work environment where constant team communication is a must, the software is full of many wonderful features and addons to help make your work experience that much smoother.

Pros

Flock is like many chatting software , but it adds way more than most. It's very easy to use and eliminates the need to walk over to a coworkers desk or having to wait for them to reply to your email. Its made in office communication extremely easy in my place of work. Flock also incorporates many apps that you can have link to it to help with work tasks such as their to do list.

Cons

I'm constantly having to restart Flock, because of all their constant updates. There was this glitch I was having for awhile where I would lose my previously pinned conversations and they would just disappear til the person messaged me again on that same stream. Other than that my only con is that when using the free version they remove access to past conversations from 2 months ago.

Siddharth S.

Premium features in superb pricing! One of the best communication apps I have used!

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Easy to get work done with this as my primary communication app.

Pros

1. Love the number of integrations possible, they have an app store. For example, I can create a task on Todoist by using /Todoist inside flock.
2. Loads fast compared to other similar types of communication apps.
3. Keyboard shortcuts.
4. Ability to create notes, polls, and to-dos.
5. File sharing feature is superb.
6. Multiple organization capabilities.
7. Ability to create reminders.

Cons

1. I think the only con is that there are too many updates, have to keep restarting the app when they update.

Mania D.

Flock is a great tool for communication for a big team.

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

Pros

If you are familiar with Google Hangouts then the interface for this program will look very familiar on the mobile app. For basic functions such as communicating with a team or an individual team member, this app is nearly flawless. However, the app offers more such as polls and sending files. You can have different categories of discussion which makes the app organized.

Cons

The main issue I had with the app was sometimes it failed to notify me of new messages. Also, although the app offers many different features they are a bit difficult to use. For example, for making a poll I had to look around on Google how to do so because I couldn't figure it out on my own, and I consider myself a tech-savvy person.

Mike lester R.

People just Flock wherever there is FREE communication

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

My overall experience with Flock is that it is very simple to navigate and use. Entire team is already onboard and we are not relying on emails to communicate with ourselves and the external project team members.

Pros

What I really liked about Flock is its ability to be the centralized repository of all team / project communications without the boring part of setting up and configuring the entire application and infrastructure suite. It is like reliving the entire mIRC days but on a professional level. The entire collection of integrations to Flock is also growing and rivals that of Slack in the near future.

Cons

What I least liked about the software is that I am not yet able to utilize some tools that I use like Hippovideo which will be used for screencordings. Although I know it in the roadmap, I think this is but one of many reasons why people are still sticking to old reliable Slack.

Yorick D.

I have been working for the company that created flock and i have seen it change over time.

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

The best benefit of this product is that when we create a chat group, there is an email id that gets created to use for that group. This is something that really benefits in working efficiently.

Pros

That i can find anybody in my company with their designation and team and extention number right in the head profile itself. Very few chat engines actually have the designation mentioned in them.

Cons

Hate that they have too many updates, like every 3-4 days i have to restart the platform. Also they don't have a archive feature where i can remove conversations that i don't need.

Punit S.

A useful team collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Keeping it short - it has helped to save time in the group collaboration and hence has improved efficiency in the team.

Pros

In no time Flock became an essential tool for my team, not just a communication tool, but an overall performance enhancer.
My favorite features of Flock were:
1. Very quick file sharing
2. Conference call feature
3. Quick poll option - very useful for all essential and non-essential decisions(eg. what food to order tonight) as well :p
4. Reactions to every message
5. Sub-groups can be created in the group with the option of keeping it public or private.

Cons

Well replying to messages was tedious. Being used to WhatsApp, this felt cumbersome at first but then they slowly improved on it.
There is this slight difference in the app and desktop UI especially wrt using font formatting options like bold, italics, etc.

Peter P.

Communication at its easy best......

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Flock satisfies our office needs with respect to communication and also cuts down on email usage.

Pros

Flock is like many collaboration and messaging software made awesome. Since its inception in our workplace, We don’t have to email everything . This has resulted in minimal time waste. Flock also incorporates many apps with your work tasks such as a to-do list. We can also create reminders, polls and notes. File Sharing feature is very useful. You can also create multiple teams (similar to WhatsApp). That’s not all, you can share your screen with the video call facility available. Just go for it!!!

Cons

I noticed many updates are being received. If you update, you tend to lose your previously pinned conversations. Sometimes, you get a feeling that flock looks too cluttered. Current user interface can definitely be improved.

Azeem S.

We were using flock for the last two three years and it is awsome.

Reviewed on 2017/09/09

Pros

Flock is more a collaboration tool.The main advantages of using it are,
1)Flock is a simple platform.The simplicity makes the flock more usable.
2)Can create multiple teams.
3)Can create channels for projects.
4)File sharing.
5)Can create apps
6)Multi platform because of the web platform and the browser extensions.

Cons

The video chat and conferencing needs to be improved.It will be better if you can create your own platform to do the conferencing.It will be better you provide the native app for Linux.

Geof G.

A good alternative to Slack

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

After the very simple and awesome HipChat, we needed a replacement. Flock works. The apps are easy to use, and again, love to see if a message was successfully sent and read. However, Flock is starting to get bloated. There is too many "feature" and options and tie-in and plugins. There is a whole bar of icons on the right I'd love to get rid of. Also, free version seem to allow anyone on the "team" to invite ANYONE (inside your company or not) to the chat and you can't turn this off without upgrading. HipChat was best, Stride was terrible. Flock and Slack are likely here to stay.

Pros

Easy to use, nice color scheme, small, quick. Love being able to see if a message was delivered and read.

Cons

Becoming very cluttered, I want a chat program to do just that, not try to be everything. I realize they're competing with Slack, but you don't have to make things cluttered. Dislike that free version has SO many limits on administration.

7.0/10
Md zaid I.

Works for start-up | Good Alternative of Slack

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

The beauty of this product is providing the exact same feature with unlimited integration which directly enables a path for startup guys. Some stage we don't want to spend money but we want a good stuff for the team, and that point this helps a lot. The feature which is enabled till the day is really awesome. Having a bunch of integration helps to keep tracking the status. Let's say your build stats, your social media stats (Having Facebook, twitter etc), your DevOps notification which is free of cost.

Cons

Team can work on UI as some time I get confused. Flock is now having ample of feature it's high time if they can plan for UI enhancement.
Recently I have seen they enabled password earlier it was OTP based. OTP was good for verifying account but asking every time doesn't help to user.

Vishal P.

Flock Review- Vishal Parekh

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Its very user friendly, as the person can access the messages over mobile phone. Hence, we can reach out to the team 24*7.
The survey/poll option helps in deciding the things with people's consent.

Pros

It can be used over mobile phone as well as desktop
The survey/ poll options
Better availability of icons & emojis

Cons

At times the messages do not pop-up
Takes longer duration to start the application
It should have a mandatory field to specify the team which the member is representing

Ease of communication

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Every time I need to talk to my reporting head or team leader, I can point them on flock instead of having to go to their desk or can send files to them if needed very easily.

Pros

Flock offers a platform for communication that seems basic but has so many functionalities built into it. You can send documents, media, emojis, texts or share a to do list. For those who don't like to go through the painful experience of sending mails for official purposes, flock is the platform that helps the communication flow smoothly between the employees and employers.

Cons

Recently there's a limit added to the number of messages a free account can have and the old messages get deleted every time you get a new message. This means unintended loss of data for those who are using it.

Salim D.

I have been Flock since the past 3.5 years .Its a great software to communicate for work purpose xox

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Fast .
Simple to use.
Free .

Pros

The software give you a Drawer options which saves the files in particular conversation.
Its fast and whenever i miss a message or i am offline i get a mail notification at the end of day , so that i dont miss on important messages.
Its simple to use both on mobile and pc.

Cons

It just has one problem , there are to many updates for it . That irritates a bit sometimes . Apart from this its Flawless

Sabareesh G.

Flock helped us to communicates between our team alot. I'm using this for last few years.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Team communication is improved alot.

Pros

Flock helped us to communicates between our team alot. I'm using this for last few years and its features are improving day by day. Earlier we used it within in a team of around 250+ members are using it.Good Job team.

Cons

I feel that they need to improve the user interface. Current interface is looks good but need to add more features and make it as a colorful one.

Mark L.

Flock is very easy to use. This app has been helping us grow as a company for the past 3 years.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

It helped my company to grow by allowing us to communicate easily.

Pros

I like it's very user-friendly interface. The app is very straightforward when it comes to its features.

Cons

What I like least about this app is that the admins cannot change the team members' information. Having to change the members' details will requires complicated steps. I hope we can give more power to the admins.

Kevin K.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

I wouldn't be able to do my job fully without it.

Pros

Connectivity with the features. I like the fact that I can add all sorts of files and that it notifies me by not being green if my messages have been reviewed. Also, the typing updates are good. I like the drawer and the statuses and Polls. The to-do lists and reminders are great!

Cons

I couldn't delete a created channel within my work network; message said to contact the Admin. I just created one for a group of co-workers and now I couldn't delete it. Who knows if it was a bug. I will try later. What can I say the only thing I haven't been able to do out of all my daily tasks it works for all the inter-office communication I need.

Laura O.

Using Flock is a fun & easy way to communicate here in the office.

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Creating different flocks helps us keep everything related of file. It also provides task for us to create.

Pros

What I like best is that I get to have Flock on my desktop and basically chat with my colleagues and that I can upload documents for others to view. Basically everything gets saved and the best part is that there's a search button. It help's a lot because I can go back to many conversations.

Cons

Flock satisfies our office needs. There's nothing I dislike.

Tushar D.

A team collaboration app with multiplatform support

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

Flock has helped me solve the equation of using different tools to perform the work related activities.

We have Todo lists created on flock and with it's ability to create more than one lists, even separated per personal/group communications, we did had a easier way to maintain the different checklists.

Automatic audio bridges help us connect from various endpoints.

The image marker/code snippets sharing avoids the hussle of file sharing too.

Pros

- Feature packed messaging app
- Features like code snippets, inbuilt to do lists
- Video Calling & Screen Sharing
- Available on all major OSs

Cons

- UI/UX in Android could have been better
- Video Calling experience needs improvement on Linux Platform