7 176 reviews

Zoom

Video conferencing & web conferencing for teams of all sizes

4,6
Marilyn M.
Industry: Education Management

Great Online Meetings, Great Price

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

The Chatbox provides a valuable written transcript of the comments. We also use the chatbox for Board voting so we know if there are differences of opinion that need to be discussed. Recording is easy, so we can review the discussion or allow people who missed the meeting to view it. We love the new Breakout Rooms, and Polls are great for maintaining interest.

Pros

We just pay for a simple "Pro" plan, but it allows our association to do what we need to do. Our webinars never have over 100 present, so the low-level plan is fine for us. All of our meetings are international, and we are really impressed with the global performance. We recently used a technician in Azerbaijan to display slides for presenters in India, Australia, and Canada and the presentation was seamless. We use "Gallery Mode" when meetings are small enough not to exceed bandwidth. But for more than 8, we need to turn off videos and use Speaker View. We are delighted that attendees can share their screen if they want to, and the delay is minimal. Controlling the videos and microphones of attendees is easy.

Cons

It takes time to learn to navigate the new features. It is time well-invested, because the new features are very helpful.

Nicholas C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

From Luxury to Necessity

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

The ability to rollout a teleconferencing option in the midst of quarantines, shelter in place orders, and social distancing (which severely reduced our in person capacity to below the number needed to be profitable) made the difference in us continuing versus closing our business. Additionally, our early and widespread adoption of teleconferencing through Zoom significantly grew our client base in areas where providers had not made the transition. We picked up multiple clients who never would have given our business a chance due to geographical distance, but were seeking us out due to our early adoption of Zoom.

Pros

In the wake of COVID-19, Zoom has become synonymous with video conferencing. Because so many of our clients have become used to using it, it doesn’t have the learning curve that some of the other video conferencing apps do. Because we are using it to do group sessions that are time limited, having an easy-to-use interface that the majority of our clientele are familiar with is paramount because it keeps us from having to spend precious time troubleshooting and getting our clients familiar with the app and allows for more productive sessions.

Cons

The free version teases just enough functionality and usefulness that it was difficult at first to make the decision to go to the full version. Not being able to see how critical the full version’s features would be for us nearly kept us from upgrading.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Better Than Many of Their Competitors, but Not Great

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/29

While Zoom is far from perfect, they are infinitely better than so many of their competitors that you can forget about most of their shortcomings. Except for one major one - their user interface. It's horrible. And I have not noticed any discernable upgrades or enhancements to really any aspect of their product over time. It appears they have a If It's Not Broke Don't Fix It philosophy, but there are things that maybe aren't broken but have major room for improvement.

Pros

Of all the video conferencing tools out there - and there is no shortage of them, either past or present - I have to say that Zoom works probably the best as far as logging in and everything working. Everybody who has ever attended a video conference knows the headache and utter waste of time known as "technical difficulties" especially those that arise at beginning of any video conference. This person's video isn't working; that person can't hear. You keep getting disconnected. Zoom somehow avoids this most of the time and that rarest of all things usually occurs - video conferences start on time.

Cons

If you have any more than say three - max four - participants, you're going to go crazy trying to include and see everybody at once. Yes, it's okay when whoever is speaking is shown front and center, but when you're speaking and want to gauge everyone's expression and just see everybody as though you are in the same room with in person, Zoom's Brady Bunch opening from Hell interface will literally drive you mad.

Dylan C.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Zoom for Campus

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Very good experience. Intuitive to new users with enough power and flexibility for larger Webinars and advanced settings.

Pros

Flexibility in assigning licenses across users on an as needed basis. We are a smaller campus with about 3000 students, faculty , and staff using Zoom daily and the cost benefit of not having to have to own more licenses than we really need is a huge help on the budget side. It does require a little more administration effort keeping track of who needs the licenses when but Zoom interface is easy for managing the movement.

Cons

I do have concerns with the limited capacity for multiple users to have control over meeting/webinar settings. You have to be at an administrator level to make changes in someone else's Webinar settings for example. It would be nice if your co hosts had access to any Webinar they where invited into(with restrictions). We also get occasional confusion around the invitation links for panelists vs attendees vs co hosts. As the organizer yo do not have access to the text of the email they received on your behalf so troubleshooting can be tricky.

Sanskriti G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

ZOOM for team discussions, learning and more!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Overall, I had a good experience with ZOOM. Through the application we are able to have team discussions, discuss ongoing project, presentation and more. I am able to join live meetings in anytime and anywhere. With the remote desktop connections, we are able to access the office PC(virtually), and do works as specified. So, its been easier for us to 'Work From Home' in this pandemic.

Pros

Zoom is great app for online video conferencing. It Supports multiple devices, file sharing, video calls, texts(chats), screen hosting, remote access and much more within the single app. The interface seems smooth and navigation within the app is handy. Zoom has its own in-built screen recording feature, and users don't need to install any external softwares for screen recording.

Cons

For most of the times, I am experiencing the repetition of audio as I speak. It's quiet disturbing when I heard my own voice repeling back. Also, sometimes, the calls ends out unexpectedly, and I am likely to miss important announcement and team discussions.

Muhammad arifur R.
Industry: E-Learning

Decent solution for online meetings

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

We are using Zoom for our daily meetings for website development. We use the screen share features to discuss on the project and to work on the source code together. We share our ideas with whiteboard feature. Zoom handles weak internet connection very well - which makes it our on-the-go app for online meetings.

Pros

Zoom can be used both on PC and smartphone. The app is quite easy to navigate. Connecting to meetings is easy using meeting links. It has the options to chat, share screen, documents and whiteboard - everything needed for team meetings. The Driving Mode is quite handy when only voice communication is needed.

Cons

The meeting interface is kind of old-ish. Lags quite a lot sometimes. Disconnects and reconnects again and agin on weak network. It doesn’t have advanced features like auto-connecting to meetings according to the schedule.

Kyle Y.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

School's Solution During a Pandemic

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

Overall Zoom is an amazing software and I'm glad that most teachers use it. I do think there are some improvements and some added features to be made. Zoom's a strong option for anyone needing to teach a class through the internet or host online meetings with international people and I believe it will become a better feature as time moves on.

Pros

Zoom has been a great software for online meetings since 2013. Although only a couple of people had used Zoom pre-2020, it started to emerge during the time Covid-19 started affecting schools. Due to people having social distance, having school in-person was essentially impossible without getting sick. Zoom was a strong solution to this problem and is still being used more than ever today. Like most students, I have been only using Zoom as a way to attend school during this pandemic but I do not mind having online school especially since I know doing it may save my peers from contracting the virus. Zoom has provided a way for us students to attend school without having the risk of exposing or being exposed to Covid-19. Zoom's software is easily manageable as most people in my family could use it without issue. It's video chat software allows for the option to quickly turn on or off both your mic and camera in an instant. You can also message people through a chat during a meeting so there's no need to turn on your mic to ask a question. The quick command menu allows you to ask your teacher multiple things without having to get their attention while they're teaching. Accessing a Zoom meeting is also very simple as you can send or receive a link that will instantly put you into the meeting or enter the room code. Zoom has a feature where the host can send you into separate groups privately which is very effective when doing group projects.

Cons

Zoom has some flaws that other softwares already have integrated into their system. One example is Discord which allows the user to turn up the mic volume of anyone in a meeting while allowing you to simultaneously turn down the mic of someone else. Zoom does have to ability to allow you to add contacts but personally I don't use this feature because there's not a quicker way to do other than adding their email address. I think this takes too long and so, therefore, don't use this feature as much. Zoom seems to be strictly a video, call, and message application when many of its users are students and teachers. Integrating a feature that allows teachers to hand out assignments in an organized way would seem more beneficial. Also, it does seem like Zoom could add more features to make it seems like an software that's used more for than just school and work. It could add a social media feature, although this is a hypothetical situation, similar to Snapchat's ability to send pictures to anyone in an instant. Or add a stories feature where teachers can remind students that an assignment may be due while making it look more interesting than just an email notification on your phone.

Jackie B.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

A Pandemic Lifeline

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Overall a very positive experience. Zoom has become just another tool in our arsenal. We use it daily and for different reasons.

Pros

We have been using Zoom for several years, but never to the extent that we have been using it since March. Zoom has allowed us to stay connected as a team and also connect with our clients. I find the ease of use to be the most appealing. I have 6 year olds and 60 year olds that are both able to access our meetings efficently and easily. I love that it integrates with my calendar, and I can invite others to various meetings. I was very happy with the customer service we received as we were deciding to upgrade our account, and I love that I can use it on my phone but also as an app on my computer.

Cons

Not necessarily what I like the least, but the onboarding process took some time. Learning and undertsanding the different settings, being able to tweak how we were using our account the fully benefit us.

Elisabeth H.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use, super reliable, tons of features

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Zoom has met our needs for remote work exceptionally well.

Pros

Zoom provides the easiest way I've seen to meet remotely. One click on a link lets users join a meeting, and the audio and video controls are easy to find and easy to use. Zoom meetings are stable and reliable, especially compared to some other options I've used. The integration into Slack is also awesome - I've added my calendar to Slack, so it notifies me when I have a meeting and lets me join with one click. The ability to hide "self-view" is very valuable, especially now when I meet via video constantly and get tired of seeing myself.

Cons

I am struggling to find something negative to say about Zoom. It's easy to install, and easy for "guests" to join even if they have not used Zoom before.

Fazl A.

Zoom Meetings

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

I have been using this tool since the start of my job at 360Factors and we use this tool to communicate with internal teams based in USA and Pakistan. We also use it for communication with clients, especially when we require for the customer to show us their screen so that we can get a perspective of what issue they are facing so that we can provide effective and specific support.

Pros

With this tool we can join voice call, video call and chat within the call and we can also send messages to people who are in our contact list even though we are not on the call.

Cons

The unpaid version call lasts only for about 40 minutes when there are more than 2 users in the meeting room.

Derek E.

My review on Zoom

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Its remote use due to the pandemic as been amazing. We have been able to allow our workers to work remotely and still resolve customers issues. We are able to share screen and speak directly with our customers to confirm their needs are met. We have also used Zoom software for all internal business needs. Town Halls, All Hands meetings, and internal departments meeting have increased and been beneficial for discussing our business needs. We have been able to adjust and continue working thru the pandemic, due to Zoom and its products.

Pros

Zoom is magnificent. I enjoy all the features of it. The breakout rooms have become very useful. We have been able to successfully train new hires remotely. We have utilized the features of screen sharing, chat, and remote control. Zoom has also come in handy with our sales team when working from different devices; iPads. Zoom is a very useful tool and I would recommend it to everyone for busy/personal use.

Cons

I have found managers to share the wrong link when sharing the recording of their meetings. Managers are sharing the incorrect link with our users which prevent users from watching the video. I would recommend that there be an easily accessible link at the end of the meeting to allow users to share the recording.

Becky T.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Pandemic Lifeline

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Zoom has been a lifeline during this year's pandemic - it has kept me connected to my colleagues, clients, family and friends. I've used it for everything from large public workshops to one-on-one happy hours with a friend. I've worked remotely for the past two years, and the ability to "hop on a Zoom" with a coworker to have a quick face-to-face chat has been incredibly important to maintaining work relationships and making job-related decisions.

Pros

The relatively user-friendly interface makes it easy for everyone to use, from my 96 year old grandfather to my professional colleagues. I'm also helping a kindergartener attend online school via Zoom, and it's easy enough for a five year old to use too!

Cons

Adapting features, such as customizing the waiting room and changing settings can be complicated, and the last time we tried to livestream to Facebook it didn't work, despite having the feature enabled in the settings.

Roxanne D.
Industry: Accounting

Zoom make social distancing easier

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/11/06

I knew about zoom before this pandemic. However, I became a frequent user since the pandemic and the lock down. Apart from the few issues I had which most of them minor the software was quite useful and I benefited alot from using it.

Pros

Being that our new normal at work is to work from home most days it made meeting much easier. I really love the fact that all we had to do is send a link for everyone to be joined without an hassle. Zoom can be used for multiple purposes and not just for meetings. It is used for online learning, preventing students to have to be face to face with their peers and their teachers. It is very user friendly. Another pro is that you can share multiple screens and it allows virtual background which is top tier. The virtual feature of hand raising is amazing Especially in schools and meetings.

Cons

Even though this software is on it's way to top tier there is still some areas that could be improved upon and they are:
1) it should be clear on how you turn on your mike
2) you have to upgrade to a paid plan to use customer support and when you do (at least when I do) there is no customer support
3)there should be an option for you to share and communicate with persons you are waiting.
4)the virtual backgrounds could be a bit clearer or look a bit more realistic

Angela B.
Industry: Retail

Getting Together With Zoom

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Before 2020, I never expected to need a virtual meeting program. I was able to conduct much of my business with customers or clientele over the phone or in person. Now I feel like I can't live without Zoom. From virtual conferences to discussing illustrations with colleagues, it has become a necessity when we couldn't get together.

Pros

Some of the better features of Zoom are the ease of connecting with others via video conferencing. The company keeps its software updated, and they do care about security. You can use the program for free and still get many options, such as unlimited one to one meetings, 40-minute meetings, and hosting meetings with up to 100 participants. There are nice video options such as screen sharing, virtual backgrounds, spotlight multiple people, etc. With a pro plan ($149.90 /year/license), you can have the ability to offer longer meetings (I encourage question and answer periods), streaming, and reporting functionality.

Cons

I recently found out that there are many people who still don't have access to a computer. Those that want to join the meetings can do it by phone, but it is cumbersome to connect. I had to snail mail the meeting information to a few folks so that they could connect to a meeting of mine, and I had a difficult time walking them through the steps.

The program doesn't let you sign in with more than one device. I wanted to troubleshoot the phone call issue and others myself but needed someone else's account to verify the solutions.

I also wish Zoom offered a simple blurred background option for their virtual session like Skype offers. I don't necessarily need anything fancy for a background. I just want to make my background less distracting, especially when my cat starts bathing behind me.

Amy M.
Industry: Libraries

A Lifesaver During Covid

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Prior to covid I'd utilized zoom occasionally but not on the paid level. I had to upgrade our usage to allow for more people to be included in meetings and my staff to utilize it as well for online library program offerings. It's been great. I can easily schedule a meeting, sent out notice to my attendees and even send it to Facebook Live so that I can still make my meeting accessible for public viewing. (We're subject to open records laws)

Pros

Eight months ago Video Conferencing seemed like something that I'd never have to truly look into beyond an occasional use, more for fun, not really work. The Covid 19 Crisis made me rethink that. I'm the director of a small public library in Kentucky. We are required legally to host monthly trustees meetings to keep tabs on/make the community aware of the utilization of tax dollars and services offered. But what do you do when you can't allow those trustees to be in the same room together for the sake of their health? Zoom really saved us.

Cons

I've not encountered any real issue with our use of Zoom thus far. It's been easy to use for myself and the library trustees.

Sameer C.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Zoom- The best video and audio calling application for Business.

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

My overall experience with zoom has been really great since the software is very easy to understand as well as use and the speed with which is operates is really recommendable. Also, the screen sharing feature on this application is fastest when compared to its peers. Having said that, I would again like to reiterate that it is one of the best internet calling applications available in the market right now .

Pros

Zoom is one of the best and fastest audio and video calling software available in the market today. As per my understanding, the best USP of zoom is the simplicity with which this software is created and moreover the speed of manuovering in moving from one functionality to another within the software. I would also specifically like to mention the fact that while working on slow internet speeds, I have experinced zoom calls to be the most seamless and thus they provided a wonderful experience even in low internet badwidth conditions.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like much about this software is the limited number of functions it provides to the end user. To elaborate, zoom is primarily used only for calls and chats. I wish i could have seen more features in this application like file sharing and editing on cloud, intergration and preparation of different types of office products etc. within zoom, that way we would not have to switch to other applications for these kind of tasks .

John S.
Company size: Self Employed

A very complete conferencing application that suffers from usability issues

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Overall I have found Zoom to be a stable and valuable tool. The pricing structure is reasonable and the features very complete. I like that the company is continuing on improving security which is imperative to it's continued use. I often recommend and use Zoom because of this.

Pros

One of the things I appreciate the most is that only the host of a meeting is required to have a membership to take advantage of long conference calls. This has opened up the ability to use Zoom with a wide array of customers and use cases, such as adding family members. Zoom is also frequently updating their application to make it more user friendly and add compelling features which has made this conferencing tool a goto for nearly everyone. The fact it is completely cross platform makes it accessible for anyone I need to conference call with.

Cons

The inconstancies and the seemingly constant adjustment of features is a blessing and a curse. When working with others they often can't find how to do something that they "saw yesterday." While this isn't a major issue for professionals, it can be crippling and frustrating to non-technical users. Also, there is a level of inconsistency between desktop and mobile applications on the location of buttons and features that can make it very difficult to assist someone when providing them support. One other issues is the confusion of "New Meeting," "schedule," and "meetings". These names as well as their button locations (meetings) make it frustrating to schedule, or find a scheduled meeting. It seems "New Meeting" could easily make it optional on the dialog to make this a quick meeting vs. scheduled meeting. Even though I am aware of what these mean I am forever clicking the wrong button.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Joseph V.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Meetings during a pandemic? No problem with Zoom.

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

During the pandemic we needed a solution to hold our meetings for our offficers, general membership, and committees. We needed a perfect solution, and we needed it quickly. As the project manager on implementing and researching a viable solution, we looked at what we had, and what we wanted. We had GoToMeeting. I found that this product was clunky, not user friendly, and overall a hassle to implement and utilize for a wide demographic of members. Zoom to the rescue! When we priced our and made the switch, I went forward with looking for a solution that would appeal to those who know nothing about technology and computers. We found Zoom to be extremely user friendly for those people, and we were able to implement quickly, easily, and accurately. The feedback from our membership has been nothing but positive and excited to finally find a user-friendly platform that just works during this changing and uncertain time!

Pros

Zoom was super easy to implement for our department of 200 plus members. This was by far the easiest aspect of the program. Zoom was extremely easy to price, and to roll out to our membership. We have a wide demographic of members, some who are computer-literate, and those who are not. What I like the most was being able to on-board those members who are technophobes. Generating and setting up a meeting was very straightforward, and incredibly easy. I can send a meeting to multiple people quickly and easily, with it being easy and simple on their end. The feedback has been nothing but positive. Secondly, I love the stable connection zoom provides, with crystal-clear audio and video when we run a meeting with over 200 people at once. This was spot on for what we were looking for.

Cons

My only issue with Zoom is during rapid discussion. Sometimes the software has an issue keeping up, audio will cut out, and it is sometimes difficult to follow when multiple people are talking at once. This occurs only a few times and seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes it goes ahead with no issues, and there is no difficulty hearing, but sometimes it is burdensome to ask someone to repeat what they were saying and it slows down overall productivity and user happiness.

Mohamed A.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best Webinar Application

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Overall I love it and I'm expecting more features with it

Pros

I was searching so many webinar software and I tried all but finally I found zoom is the best webinar application in the world. It helped me to schedule the meetings and manage the registration forms in a easy manner. Now a days I'm using premium version of zoom webinar for my organization. I love the whiteboard and annotation and user control system and everything, video and audio qualities are nice

Cons

I found some issues compare with other webinar software. participates can read the name of other participates, no pop up quiz facilities, question and answer methods as well as 100 participates at the beginning is not enough to premium version users. If the improve it in futures that will be useful

Quincy B.
Industry: Higher Education

Zoom Makes It Possible

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Overall, Zoom has provided that easy & seamless transition from 100% in-person work to now 100% virtual work in a matter of 2 days. Also, Zoom has been crucial to our “office bonding” since it has now been approximately 5 months of both seeing these coworkers.

Pros

Back in March, like the rest of the country, I was sent to work from home due to coronavirus. Since Zoom was already integrated into our GSuite & used sporadically, it made it a seamless transition, most importantly our meetings that had already been scheduled prior to being sent home. Part of my job is recruitment & onboarding, and with Zoom, I have been able to successfully hire & onboard several new employees, specifically during this COVID time. When I have had to hire en mass, I like to utilize the breakout room feature when I have to virtually verify our employees’ I-9 documents. The breakout rooms allow for there to be privacy when showing these documents on camera, reducing the stress & anxiety of showing these documents with strangers present. We have also created a biweekly talk show presented through Zoom for all of our employees to watch. Topics include, but are not limited to, features in Zoom itself, Google Form creations, Google Drive, etc. Thankfully Zoom has made virtual HR as easy as possible.

Cons

My biggest complaint about the software is that when connected via phone, people can sometimes hear themselves via feedback on their end - more so than on the computer mic. It is extremely important to ensure you are muted if you are not actively speaking while using the phone audio method.

Rajat B.

Zoom Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/18

The overall experience is really great for me because I have come to zoom from skype for business and its way better compared to that product.

Pros

Zoom is one of the best meeting app I have ever used. The interface is so simple and minimalist. Its fast to connect and its very much stable. The video and audio quality is really good compared to other products in its category. Here the chats stay for 7 days while in other similar products (e.g. skype) all the chats got deleted once we close the session. Sharing file over chats and in-built screenshot taking features make it awesome. Another cool feature is if you chat with people while you are sharing your screen, that chat window wont be shared through screen sharing. Its really a super cool features for privacy.

Cons

I don't have many complaint against zoom but there are few. In the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, when so many people started using zoom, I had lots of stability issues. But it got fixed through an update. A big shout-out for the zoom team. I feel like the chat staying time can be improved from 7 days to 30 days or more. Because a history is always better. Another problem I have faced is like whenever I am scheduling a meeting I can't invite people and share the meeting information from the zoom window. It redirects me to my outlook calendar and from there the rest can be done. Also my zoom doesn't sync other meeting from my calendar. It shows only those meeting which are created from zoom.

Kevin M.

Someone recommended Zoom

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Given the current climate everyone is trying to find solutions for running classrooms from home. I was led to using Zoom by recommendation from other lecturers. In the scramble to find a universal solution that could work for everyone Zoom became the most popular solution. Having use the software for the past three months I can say that it does its job competently. Sadly I haven't upgraded to the pro version but that might change given the unstable times we are in now. Overall i like all the extra feature the software has. Its made having online tutorials a breeze.

Pros

Well like many conference software it allows video chat and it comes with screen sharing which is essential when working with students. I also like the features that allows you to see who is muted as well as being able to mute them yourself. When doing screen sharing, I like the top bar that shows information about the current call and also the pop-up notification when someone is attempting to join the chat. Above all I enjoy the fact that I don’t have to worry about what devices my students have as they can join using either PC or Cellphone. Especially cellphones as most of my student are more likely to have a cellphone or tablet than a laptop or desktop computer.

Cons

My only issue is that there are other conferencing software that are free to use and because Zoom's free version is limited to 40 mins per session it can become annoying re-establishing meetings every time you run out of minutes. This leaves you with the only option of purchasing the pro version which can cost you either $15 per month or an annual fee of $150. At that cost you better be committed to using this software the whole year and not as a temporary solution to the current crisis. In the end you'll have to decide if the cost is worth the features it provides.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mckenzie S.
Industry: Human Resources

Zoom for Interviewing

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Great Technology for a great price. This is a staple for my business now.

Pros

I originally signed up as this was the only video software that allowed me to record my meetings. There are many features that set Zoom apart. They are ahead of the technology curve and are constantly adding integrations as well as new features. A minor feature that my team loves is the auto airbrush (I forget what they call it) but it’s like auto tune for your face. It’s looks very natural.

Cons

They’ve had a few times where the whole network went down.

Also, I’d like to be able to send surveys to my candidates about their experience after the call is over and I don’t see that option.

And a small thing but when you split into groups there is not an option to chat with “everyone” any more only within the small group.

Industry: Telecommunications

Virtual Training made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

Overall Zoom has been a great product we use everyday for training classes. Our trainers have really mastered how to use the virtual platform through zoom and the break out groups function really sets it apart form other virtual platforms in my mind. We will continue to use it and look forward to more features on it in the future.

Pros

We love the breakout rooms feature. Breakout room allows you to set up individual rooms for a group of people to discuss and chat and not be int he main room. This helps with breakout activities and other meetings that happen simultaneously. The instructor moderates the rooms by communicating via chat and can even pop in and out of rooms. Its a game changing feature that a lot of other competitors do not have.

Cons

I don't like how you have to pay for a large group meeting. We pay an extra $20 a month on top of our annual subscription to allow one license to accommodate a large meeting of 200 people or more. i fell as if this should be included in our annual price.

Chad B.
Industry: Renewables & Environment
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Standard for large group meetings

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Zoom continues to be our go-to solution for Large group meetings (over 9 participants) and nearly all meetings with external participants. We often will use MS Teams for smaller meetings but we allows our users to chose based on personal preference.

Pros

I have used all of the video conferencing options on the Market and Zoom is the easiest to use while providing a consistent and stable experience for all.

Cons

The only feature that I see lacking in Zoom is the same tight integration with the Microsoft Stack that Teams has. With that said, it still integrates nicely with Outlook so it's easy to schedule meetings.