6 854 reviews

Zoom Meetings

Video conferencing & web conferencing for teams of all sizes

6 854 reviews
Ricardo O.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use, full of useful features

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

Zoom is easy to use and you can tailor its features to your specific needs. The weak whiteboard is but a minor annoyance for a product that offers so much in terms of features and possible customizations.

Pros

The wide spectrum of features, functionality and settings you can tweak to fit your needs. With Zoom you can create sub groups using the breakout room features, create polls, share screens with or without sound, write or scribble in a whiteboard and much more. In terms of security, Zoom has evolved tremendously since the days the term "zoombombing" was made infamously popular: Now you can add a number of security features that allow for safer meetings, like waiting rooms, password protected meetings, and other measures. Zoom is also bandwidth friendly. The generated recordings are also small in size, another welcome feature.

Cons

The whiteboard can be a bit more user friendly and pack more features. Most of the time I end up using OneNote or Miro instead due to the limitations of Zoom's own whiteboard and how cumbersome it is to share that limited board in collaborations with large groups.

Miranda S.

Excellent product!

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

We started using this product about two years before the pandemic, as a replacement to GotoWebinar. The advancement in features and accessibility over the last year has been phenomenal. We have been able to stay connected as a team through the chat, which does not appear to have a limit on the number of channels we can create to navigate teams and collaborative projects.

The meeting feature is used by our team for everything from actual meetings, to webinars and a statewide conference. Our colleagues used this platform for their national conference and it was great.

Pros

The zoom platform is very easy to start using. The vast improvements over the last year are excellent!

The ease of setting up breakout rooms, navigating all the features is great. The live transcript is quite accurate and can keep up with fairly rapid speech. We have also used the interpretation feature many times with great success. It's incredibly helpful we can also live broadcast to our social media platforms, YouTube, etc.

Cons

If your computer lacks RAM, or your internet is anyway lacking bandwidth the features will bog down. I have been kicked out of meetings due to the number of users on Zoom a few times. The IT team was quick to correct that.

Some of the features are not available on older devices more which is disappointing. I have heard that the features are tricky on Mac products. I have used it on my iPad and iPhone, also on Android without issues though.

Ray A.
  • Industry: Research

Reliable cross-platform tool for video conferences and meetings.

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Zoom has been very useful for online teaching of both one-to-one classes and for group classes. It allows me to share my screen with a student, or see their screen and work on the same document at the same time.

The "virtual background" feature is useful for times when we don't want other participants to see the room we are in. This helps maintain a sense of privacy as well. Zoom's virtual background is particularly effective and quite natural-looking.

Pros

Zoom offers a stable platform for online meetings . Over the course of hundreds of meetings attended by 5-20 participants, video connection and sound quality has been outstanding. Only minor lags have occurred.

Multi-platform. Zoom runs perfectly on our member's Linux systems and, of course, on Windows and Mac systems as well. I particularly like the fact Zoom goes out of its way to support a wide range of Linux distros including Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSUSE, Oracle, RedHat, Fedora, Arch and Manjaro. Outstanding!

Offers advanced settings that allow the use of co-hosts, automatic naming of video files, accessibility of recorded videos.
The ability to save each person's audio track to a separate file is particularly useful when editing a meeting video into presentations.

Cons

Zoom has been caught up in controversy over routing data through servers in China, but Zoom management states that this has been addressed. Much of the R&D and development is done in China which may be of concern.

A problem we found was that unless the correct time zone and time is specifically set in the Admin profile, Zoom might save recordings with the incorrect date and time. Be sure to check this otherwise you'll end up with a folder full of incorrectly dated meeting files that will require hours of time to sort out and rename. (This happened to us).

Sofie B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Best quality platform for lectures and courses

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Zoom Webinars has made it possible for us to continue working during the Covid 19 Pandemic, and we are overall positively surprised how reliable it is even when we have more than 300 participants. We send out the invitation to hundreds of participants and almost a 100% of them log in to the webinar without any trouble.

Pros

The quality of the image is significantly better than other widely used platforms like Google Meet, Skype and Teams. For hosting lectures, Zoom has all the important features needed: screen sharing, sound sharing, the possibility to see the chat even during screen sharing (which is not the case of many other well-known platforms). When we first started using Zoom, it was because of the "break-out room" feature, which we used for discussion groups. Another key point was the facility to invite participants to the meeting, and login is easy even for participants who are not too familiar with computers.

Cons

Initially, several company servers wouldn't allow their computers to download the Zoom app, so many participants could not join the meeting. We had to send out special invitations asking them to join through their browsers instead - which fortunately was an existing alternative. However, most companies nowadays recognize the Zoom app as reliable, so it hasn't really been an issue lately.

The automatic Green Screen function (that is, with any colored background instead of a real green screen) does not yet produce a convincing background. It works with a real green screen though. Also, the camera filters available are all very childish. It would be great to have filters for business as well, such as the possibility to modify the warmth of the colors in the camera picture or similiar.

We mostly use the Webinar function, and it automatically keeps the participants´ cameras off and microphones muted - which is great! However, when we have tried to unmute a participants mic it has never really worked. However, this is not an essential function for our lectures since we use the chat function for discussions.

Wendy C.

Assessible, Simple & SUPER Customer Support

Reviewed on 2021/01/16

Overall, I would say I love everything about ZOOM and I should say thanks to this software that our shift from our offline course to online can be so easy.

Pros

I like how easy it is to access Zoom app.
My targeted customers are mostly housewives who are fairly new to technology and apps.
Zoom comes in as an easy access for them as all they need is just a click on their unique link which could easily land them to the Meeting room.

Simple Register Page
I also like that I could create a simple lead page for my registrants. Although my company is not using that feature, knowing that there is such function which you can also personalize it with your own logo is pretty good as anyone who is trying to hold a zoom meeting with some own personality can easily do it themselves.

Smooth Streaming
The streaming of zoom is also ne of the applaudable factors of this software. So far, with a steady Mbps on our side, the resolution and sound are just things you don't complain about at all.

Flexibility in Muting and Turning on Camera
As the host, we can easily mute our guests and turn off their webcam through the Zoom settings. And when it comes to the time to interact with our guests, we can easily unmute them to speak!

Awesome Customer Support!!
And I should say Zoom has great customer support as well. They are always on a standby mode ! There was once I was trying to look for my registration page but I failed so I quickly contacted the support team and straight away they came to the rescue and pin pointed my problem and assisted me that I had mistakenly unticked the registration box.
Very helpful indeed!

Cons

I have to hesitate here for a few seconds to actually think of the downsides.
But they do have a couple of things that I would like to see that could be improved by Zoom.

The ability to save the CHAT HISTORY.
As we are trying to close sales through our webinar, and since there's no way to take down the potential clients who have responded in the chat, we have to manually write their names down to contact them once again without ending the meeting first.
If only we could save the chat history, perhaps that would really help us a lot in following up with our potential clients.

A short clip on how to turn on the camera and connecct the audio.
Every time before we start our webinar course, we have to educate/inform our students on how to connect their audio. I will always be the one to teach the steps in utilizing the tools in zoom which would take up a good 10minutes. If only we had a short professional clip by Zoom to send to our participants, that would save up so much time!

Amy M.
  • Industry: Libraries
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A Lifesaver During Covid

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Prior to covid I'd utilized zoom occasionally but not on the paid level. I had to upgrade our usage to allow for more people to be included in meetings and my staff to utilize it as well for online library program offerings. It's been great. I can easily schedule a meeting, sent out notice to my attendees and even send it to Facebook Live so that I can still make my meeting accessible for public viewing. (We're subject to open records laws)

Pros

Eight months ago Video Conferencing seemed like something that I'd never have to truly look into beyond an occasional use, more for fun, not really work. The Covid 19 Crisis made me rethink that. I'm the director of a small public library in Kentucky. We are required legally to host monthly trustees meetings to keep tabs on/make the community aware of the utilization of tax dollars and services offered. But what do you do when you can't allow those trustees to be in the same room together for the sake of their health? Zoom really saved us.

Cons

I've not encountered any real issue with our use of Zoom thus far. It's been easy to use for myself and the library trustees.

Joseph V.

Meetings during a pandemic? No problem with Zoom.

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

During the pandemic we needed a solution to hold our meetings for our offficers, general membership, and committees. We needed a perfect solution, and we needed it quickly. As the project manager on implementing and researching a viable solution, we looked at what we had, and what we wanted. We had GoToMeeting. I found that this product was clunky, not user friendly, and overall a hassle to implement and utilize for a wide demographic of members. Zoom to the rescue! When we priced our and made the switch, I went forward with looking for a solution that would appeal to those who know nothing about technology and computers. We found Zoom to be extremely user friendly for those people, and we were able to implement quickly, easily, and accurately. The feedback from our membership has been nothing but positive and excited to finally find a user-friendly platform that just works during this changing and uncertain time!

Pros

Zoom was super easy to implement for our department of 200 plus members. This was by far the easiest aspect of the program. Zoom was extremely easy to price, and to roll out to our membership. We have a wide demographic of members, some who are computer-literate, and those who are not. What I like the most was being able to on-board those members who are technophobes. Generating and setting up a meeting was very straightforward, and incredibly easy. I can send a meeting to multiple people quickly and easily, with it being easy and simple on their end. The feedback has been nothing but positive. Secondly, I love the stable connection zoom provides, with crystal-clear audio and video when we run a meeting with over 200 people at once. This was spot on for what we were looking for.

Cons

My only issue with Zoom is during rapid discussion. Sometimes the software has an issue keeping up, audio will cut out, and it is sometimes difficult to follow when multiple people are talking at once. This occurs only a few times and seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes it goes ahead with no issues, and there is no difficulty hearing, but sometimes it is burdensome to ask someone to repeat what they were saying and it slows down overall productivity and user happiness.

Kevin M.

Someone recommended Zoom

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Given the current climate everyone is trying to find solutions for running classrooms from home. I was led to using Zoom by recommendation from other lecturers. In the scramble to find a universal solution that could work for everyone Zoom became the most popular solution. Having use the software for the past three months I can say that it does its job competently. Sadly I haven't upgraded to the pro version but that might change given the unstable times we are in now. Overall i like all the extra feature the software has. Its made having online tutorials a breeze.

Pros

Well like many conference software it allows video chat and it comes with screen sharing which is essential when working with students. I also like the features that allows you to see who is muted as well as being able to mute them yourself. When doing screen sharing, I like the top bar that shows information about the current call and also the pop-up notification when someone is attempting to join the chat. Above all I enjoy the fact that I don’t have to worry about what devices my students have as they can join using either PC or Cellphone. Especially cellphones as most of my student are more likely to have a cellphone or tablet than a laptop or desktop computer.

Cons

My only issue is that there are other conferencing software that are free to use and because Zoom's free version is limited to 40 mins per session it can become annoying re-establishing meetings every time you run out of minutes. This leaves you with the only option of purchasing the pro version which can cost you either $15 per month or an annual fee of $150. At that cost you better be committed to using this software the whole year and not as a temporary solution to the current crisis. In the end you'll have to decide if the cost is worth the features it provides.

Chad B.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Standard for large group meetings

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Zoom continues to be our go-to solution for Large group meetings (over 9 participants) and nearly all meetings with external participants. We often will use MS Teams for smaller meetings but we allows our users to chose based on personal preference.

Pros

I have used all of the video conferencing options on the Market and Zoom is the easiest to use while providing a consistent and stable experience for all.

Cons

The only feature that I see lacking in Zoom is the same tight integration with the Microsoft Stack that Teams has. With that said, it still integrates nicely with Outlook so it's easy to schedule meetings.

Robust and dependable conferencing platform for remote working

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I usually conduct site inspections by going to the site, but due to the limitations arisen as a result of the pandemic I have to conduct these meetings and inspections virtually. The picture quality is top-notch and there is no lag especially in video. With a good internet connection, there is literally nothing we can't do as a remote team. Previously we were deploying Zoom as a conferencing tool for only international conferencing, or limited requirements, however now we are utilizing it for all of our meetings, video conferences and audio calls on a daily basis.

Pros

Zoom is one of the many software available for video conferencing, audio meetings as well as remote seminars. However one aspect where Zoom clearly is better than its counterparts is 'quality'. The connectivity for meetings initiated through Zoom is amazing, and so is the audio-video quality. I have tried several other applications including Teams and Meet, but Zoom provides a better experience.
It is easy to share the screen, and present slides etc. seamlessly whilst delivering to a wide audience. There is also an option to record- that is quite useful if team members are unavailable to attend.

Cons

Integration was fairly quick and simple. However I feel that the app could be improved, as it is not as robust as using the software on the computer. Also, I would like the option of just joining through the web and not have to download the app. I tried this the first time, but couldn't join the meeting as a result of this confusion.

Derek F.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Zoom beats rivals with better video quality and individual preferences

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

We have remote team members all over the World and we have a standup everyday. Using good video really does make the personal connection stronger and the team works better with a stronger human bond.

The Slack integration is great. On a whim, we can go from chatting to Zoom by using "/zoom" in the Slack channel. This takes an issue from email, tickets, and chatting to a shared video conference where we can share screens and see what people are looking at and get resolutions faster.

Pros

This software is so easy to setup and use. Everything seems really well thought-out. The scheduled meetings give you easy calendar integrations for invitees. It provides a direct link to the meeting URL and all the phone numbers for dial-in. The preferences are easy to understand and provide way more than GoToMeeting, Cisco WebEx and BlueJeans. Meeting recordings locally or to the cloud are super helpful for group tutorials that you want to save or share. Multiple people can share their screen at the same time and you can request control of the remote shared screen. Very helpful with troubleshooting. You can change sound and video outputs straight from the software.

Zoom is the best video conference software I have ever used.

Cons

In sharing mode, the controls are stripped down and do not have text on the icons, so it can be difficult to know what they do. This goes away when you use the software every day and learn what the icons do, but this learning curve is steeper than it needs to be. The chat design it decent and doesn't cover the shared screen, like bluejeans does. However, it is just a simple chat and there could be more integrations here. We just resort to using Slack during the meeting to share links, etc. The chat is a bit hidden and not well integrated into the design.

Lauren G.
  • Industry: Design

Perfect, user-friendly software

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

It would be great if it could just detect and connect audio and microphone automatically, but otherwise it has all the features you'd need, it's reliable, the quality is great and we also use zoom rooms, which is the easiest way to connect to meetings in all our conference rooms. I think it's a brilliant piece of software.

Pros

I think it's intuitive to use. I really like how easily you can hand control to another participant. I like that you can annotate the screen and collapse the camera views to be able to view the screen more easily. I like that you can easily show your entire monitor, or just one window. It's secure and easy to use and it has transformed the way we hold conference calls.

Cons

We actually ended up producing a small eLearning module on how to use zoom, to send to our clients. Although I find it intuitive, we did find that sometimes clients wouldn't know they had to connect their audio and microphone, and they'd just think it wasn't working. When we went to find a simple web page explaining how to use zoom, we found there wasn't one - so we made one.

Best Conference Call/Virtual Meeting Software Available

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Again, the issues I am highlighting are fairly nit picky as Zoom is vastly superior to the previous product we were using (Goto Meeting)

Pros

So lets start by acknowledging that every single professional conference call/virtual meeting software or product has some flaws. None of them offer everything you want without some glitches or issues. That said, I've used countless other products/vendors and can I attest that Zoom is easily the best of its class available on the market. I love that there is a simple Zoom add-on you can download into your personal Outlook to make scheduling meetings incredibly easy. Love that all employees get their own accounts/unique login ID's. I think the mobile app is also a big plus, as I have joined meetings and viewed what others are sharing directly on my phone. The customization options are outstanding.

Cons

Couple of areas for improvement:
- It doesn't need to blast super loud "this call is being recorded." That can freak some interviewees out. Consider changing to a visual cue that the call is being recorded (or a more subtle audio cue)
- Really wish there was a feature that warned you when you've accidentally scheduled two zoom meetings that overlap (with the same user/login). Could be helpful
- The biggest issue in my opinion is the fact that sometimes I don't fully end a zoom meeting and when I have another zoom call/meeting immediately in succession, it can sometimes say that the other meeting hasn't ended and I somehow am not able to end the first meeting in order for others to join the new meeting.
-Overlapping meetings (under a single user login) is by far the biggest area for improvement. We run into that issue pretty regularly
- Sometimes the call/meeting recordings don't show up or download

Henry E.

Favorite software I use daily

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Solves the problem of meeting with people outside of the office with great quality audio, video and sharing. And constantly adding new, great features!

Pros

I've used meeting software like this for over 10 years, Zoom rocks and is so much better in so many ways - especially the important stuff like it JUST WORKS!

Cons

Really not much at all - I like everything about it. I guess it almost has too many features so you need to dig in and learn the software and custom-tailor it for yourself. For example, you can have it auto-record meetings for you every time. But that option is buried about 10 menu options deep - but it works great!

Keion l. B.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reliable Conference Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

My overall experience with Zoom is extremely good. The software is lightweight but very heavy hitting. It is packed with important features, controls and abilities. I feel this software one of the best on the market for audio video conferencing.

Pros

What I like most about Zoom software is that the software is available to use a no charge. The software has several features that I find to be extremely efficient

Zoom allows you to have a one on one conference with any user in the world. You can use the software to do a conference call with technology devices such as computers, tablets and cell phone devices.

The software utilizes audio, video and screen sharing capabilities. You can share your device screen so your audience can view a presentation, hear your voice and see you live via video camera.

The Zoom software also allows you to screen record your device or computer. This function is key because you can record your presentations or conferences and use the recorded video later as a media marketing tool.

The software is very easy to learn and is beginner friendly. Zoom also has very friendly customer support and technical assistance. I would recommend the software to any user who is interested in audio video conferencing software.

Cons

The only thing I like least about the software is the overlay controls. The controls can get in the way of your recording sometimes. The overlay can be docked near the bottom or the top section of the screen which is helpful.

Jordan D.

Is it healthy to like a meeting and chat software this much?

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Try the demo and see if it works best for your business. I know that I don't have any regrets.

Pros

I was introduced to Zoom at my first job, and I was surprised with all of the in-chat features and integrations (Outlook, Google Chrome plugins, etc). After speaking with my finance team, it seems more simple than most for billing and subscription purposes as well. I use Zoom for both my personal and work life, and hope that they continue to keep improving the software in the future.

Cons

There's a couple of glitches here and there as the company continues to scale. It's not too big of a complaint though.

Sara S.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Zoom for Campus Meeting and Remote Faculty

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Overall this has helped us to reach online students so they feel that we are real, live people and not just some robot behind an email address. Being able to video chat on a platform that doesn't really have technical difficulties in using has been a huge help for those that are less comfortable with sites that we typically use to video chat or host webinars or advising groups. I think that the ease of use in learning how to operate a zoom meeting is a big pro. Additionally, this has completely changed how we can work with candidates who aren't able to attend on campus interviews in our actual physical space. This is opening up a lot of possibilities for us!

Pros

This product is essential to our team. We use this for a variety of reasons which to name a few include: communicating with students for advising or progressions meetings, communicating with fellow staff members or team members who are working remotely or telecommuting, communicating with faculty who are out of state, hosting large school or department/college meetings to allow multiple staff or faculty to "remote in" at the same time so even though they are not physically in the space, they can still see and hear what is going on in the physical meeting and we can hear them and see them as well.
I think this is a great concept for smaller meetings where we are all remote as well. It's kind of hard sometimes to schedule up conference calls and being able to use personal laptops or work computers to video chat with a smaller group has allowed us to stay more connected. As an added bonus, it really puts a face to faculty that we really see or who are out of state so we don't ever see them physically on our campus. It helps to create a sense of team and unity when we are all so far apart sometimes.
The pricing options are AWESOME as well! The service teams have been great about working with us to switch things up or bump our plans up as well. The video quality for what we get, even with internet/bandwith problems has always been top notch too, which I really love.

Cons

No complaints! Their site is easy to use, their service teams are quick to respond, and there are multiple pricing/package options for you to be able to customize what you need for your uses.

Jeff K.

Best software we found for sharing attendant's screens

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

We have utilized it a lot and been very pleased. The price is reasonable and it accomplishes it's business objective.

Pros

We chose this specifically because of it's ease to have a meeting attendee (not the organizer) share their screen. We do software walkthroughs, and zoom is the least painful screen sharing software we found.

Cons

There are some clunky things about it. Particularly if you are doing a meeting on the fly. Inviting from a meeting you just started is a bit of a chore, and it always defaults to try to read through your address book, which feels arbitrary.

Danny L.

Zoom is a great way to get group phone conferencing AND video all in one

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Great and reliable. I'd recommend it to those needing an easy way for people to connect to a group meeting.

Pros

I loved that for a small price we can get both a telephone conference phone number and also a video feed. The software is easy to use and has enough features that we can manage a group meeting and have some control over how those attending interact with the group. It's been reliable each week and works well even over slower bandwidths. The zoom app is also very nice and easy to use. It also allows you to record the meeting either on the cloud or on your local computer.

Cons

While you can turn of the entry chime when a user is connected to the meeting, it does chime when the FIRST user connects. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. For our use though, it would be nice to be able to turn this off completely.

Dalia O.

Great return for your investment!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Smooth and pleasant experience. Very easy to use after you get used to it. We recomend to have a walkthrough with the support of Zoom if you want to purchase more than few users so the implementation will be smoother.

Pros

User friendly, easy to use. So far didn't experience problems. We took the individual plan for our company . Good alternative to GoTomeeting we used before. Well integrated with outlook.

Cons

Not that I can think of. The product is easy to use. We switched from Gotomeeting so it took short time to get used to the new look and new way of operations.

Isaias G.
  • Industry: Media Production

Zoom reviews

Reviewed on 2020/03/29

My experience with zoom overall positive one. Zoom is an overall easy to use program that allows easy connection to share screen. Zoom easy to use sharing screen system is amazing which allow people to feel hands on with the usage of chat room in case where some are in exposed environment not perfect for a showcase.

Pros

I’ve use zoom to hold small conferences with clients on game planing for their brands. We may only use Zoom for screen sharing.

Cons

Well at least like about the software Is that there’s no exact way for when a client can’t find the meeting code or if the meeting code doesn’t work that there’s not another method for them to join the meeting. It can be a hassle to start over again to get a new code in order to send it to a client. Mother con of the software is typically with an iPad when doing screen share the app can typically crash within mobile devices.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent product, easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Overall, Zoom enables my organization to easily have productive meetings with stakeholders without having to actually gather in one room, which may sometimes be difficult to organize. Zoom allows us to share screens easily and the call quality is excellent, which means that we are not wasting time making sure that everyone on the call can hear each other and that everyone can see the screen that is being projected.

Pros

Zoom is an extremely reliable service that is easy to use. It is very easy to share screens among the members of the call, and the call quality - both via phone and via computer audio - is very good. There are options to mute and to stop video. Zoom is a consistently good and reliable product. There is a minimal learning curve with the product, which means that users can be up and running within minutes.

Cons

When muting a call, there is a voice that reminds the user that they have muted the call, which makes it difficult to hear the people who are actually speaking on the call. It is possible to miss what is being said.

Katherine T.
  • Industry: Music

Zoom for voice lessons!

Reviewed on 2020/08/22

Zoom has been a lifesaver. I have had a very positive experience using it and would highly recommend it to other voice teachers and anyone else who needs to have virtual business meetings.

Pros

The sound quality is EXCELLENT. I'm a singing teacher, and having to work from home during the coronavirus pandemic I have been extremely grateful for Zoom. It allows me to connect with my students and hear their voices almost as clearly as in person. Setting up meetings is easy, and sharing the links and/or meeting IDs with my students has been easy as well. I've done some group classes with Zoom and had success with them as well. Also, I've recently discovered the "hide self" view, which is a great way to minimize distractions during lessons.

Cons

Over the course of the past few months the policies have seemed to change rather frequently (adding mandatory passcodes for meetings, then eliminating that requirement, and audio settings changing, for example). I totally understand the software is changing to keep up with the ever changing world we live in, but I don't think the changes have been very transparent. I'd love to get an email every time things change as a heads up!

Ryan K.

Most user-friendly video conferencing system available

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Overall, there are no real downsides to using Zoom, especially for larger businesses that need to implement video conferencing platforms to multiple users who may be less experienced in this type of application. The ease of use, customizable options, lack of technological difficulties and HIPAA compliance are all great advantages.

Pros

Zoom is the ideal video conferencing system for multiple reasons, specifically ease of install and implementation, especially for a medium sized business (50+ employees) like mine. We have dozens of employees who had never used a virtual conferencing system before, and they were all up and running, competently, within 1 day. The customization options, specifically the waiting room and group meeting options are incredibly helpful, as is the scheduling of multiple, recurring meetings over time. The recent HIPAA compliance has also been a huge help, especially in the current Covid environment.

Cons

The only drawback I have found in Zoom is the occasional glitches with audio and/or video connecting on the user/guest end. Though to be fair, that is more often than not a user error, and not attributable to the Zoom platform.

Elisabeth H.

Easy to use, super reliable, tons of features

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Zoom has met our needs for remote work exceptionally well.

Pros

Zoom provides the easiest way I've seen to meet remotely. One click on a link lets users join a meeting, and the audio and video controls are easy to find and easy to use. Zoom meetings are stable and reliable, especially compared to some other options I've used. The integration into Slack is also awesome - I've added my calendar to Slack, so it notifies me when I have a meeting and lets me join with one click. The ability to hide "self-view" is very valuable, especially now when I meet via video constantly and get tired of seeing myself.

Cons

I am struggling to find something negative to say about Zoom. It's easy to install, and easy for "guests" to join even if they have not used Zoom before.