Zoom

4,6 (13 747)
Video conferencing & web conferencing for teams of all sizes

(13 747)

Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Zoom has allowed us to continue holding our meetings

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

I've been utilizing Zoom to talk and meet with my collaborators while we're isolated gathering. With the current pandemic, Zoom has become a practically day by day program that I abuse for both work gatherings and virtual meetups with companions. I truly like how you'll have various clients on straightforwardly. I'm prepared to speak with various video calls. I abuse them for chapel meeting week by week and that they are incredible.

Pros

I am exceptionally happy with this product so far. I abuse it for a course that I'm taking, additionally on meeting with clients. The experience is magnificent. I'm hearing impeded and that I am marking to everyone on Zoom video meetings. With Zoom, we will video visit with them likewise as screen share, it's helped us continue pushing ahead through the franticness.

Cons

It can get mistaking for some clients legitimately with talking and commotion. Regularly need to have clients quiet for better solid quality. fixing a substitution meeting on the iPad took a touch you-tubing, yet after we made sense of it, it had been simple.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

I found it a simpler alternative to use than several others we had in mind. Our team can use it without the need for a long learning process.
Gal
Gal
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Benefits and struggles of a daily user of Zoom

Reviewed on 2021/06/14

I use Zoom every single day. I used to use it at my previous job as an IT specialist and now i use it with my classmates as a student.

Pros

I have my possible group meetings in contact groups so it is super easy to call everyone at the same time, without having to invite each person individually.
We use the screen sharing feature the most, being able to see what the other is doing, to know where the mouse is clicking and in case we need to help, we can control the other person's mouse.
What makes zoom different from the other softwares (which isn't a huge deal but clearly makes the difference) is to be able to see the other people in the conference, even when i have another program open. It allows me to work on my project while still being an active member of the meeting with no issues.

Cons

The video quality, compared to other softwares (using the same camera without changing the settings) is lower.
When i enter a new meeting, i can choose to have my camera on or not but i can not choose the same for the microphone. When i have a meeting with my classmates and coworkers, i want the microphone on, but when i am joining a class, i do not want to disturb and have my microphone.
When i am the host of the meeting, i have to either wait for everyone to join and allow them individually or disable the waiting room manually. On top of that, if i have another program open and zoom minimized, there is no notification (not sound nor visual) that someone is trying to join the meeting, so i have to constantly check until everyone has joined

Marcius
  • Used for 1+ year

After the pandemic, everyone in the field knows about Zoom, but many 'normal' people still...

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

It gets the job done, it has many features, and has a generous Free plan for one-on-one meetings.
It...

It has a general use type of service. It's like a reliable hammer - good for most things, but not good for many specific things. So if you need something more specific for your use-case, then there are other things out there that might be better suited for you.
Of course, if you just need something to throw a presentation every few months, or every now and then, then it's pretty good for that. Although the price then doesn't justify the low use case for the presentation side. And if you're just in it for the one-on-one side, then you have better options if you're willing to invest and if the cost is justified for you. But at the same time, if you only need it a few times a year, then Zoom or Skype can get the job done in a reliable way.
So I would say, don't dismiss Zoom, but don't fall in love with it either, if you're doing frequent presentations.

Pros

The free plan is pretty generous with up to 100 participants for 40 minutes. It's great for many small-purpose presentations, but don't get extended with Q&A.
Mostly the free plan is great for one-on-one since it's not time-limited. It integrates great with WordPress through many plugins, or Book Like a Boss, CalendarHero and some other scheduling tools.
The quality of audio is good most of the time. Same as for the video, good most of the time.
The added advantage is that now, with the pandemic, it got more press and more people learned how to use it as well.

Cons

I don't like the fact that software needs to be installed. It does have a web version, but even then it's less reliable.
It requires a learning period to get on how to use it. If you have a co-host who isn't familiar, it becomes an embarrassing trip to start teaching them in the middle of the presentation.
Many times, when I was a participant, not a host, I could see the hosts struggling with settings and getting things to work. Some hosts don't even know how to mute participants so it gets very distracting.
It often glitches due to either the internet connection or some other reason, but I have a very fast internet speed that doesn't present me any problems in other tools.
Some things about the tool aren't intuitive, and they haven't fixed them or changed them at all, in all this time, and I'd imagine, a huge amount of feedback.
Since it's mainly software-based, people with Windows 10 S will not be able to use it, and you'd have to instruct participants how to "Join from browser". If it just you, one-on-one it's no big deal, but when there are more participants, each having their own problems, then you've got a problem.

Erica
  • Industry: Hospitality

Zoom Review

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

My overall experience with this program has been great. Easy to use, hardly ever freezes.

Pros

I love Zoom. It is way better than the program i was using. I like that you can change the background.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about Zoom.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

The closest to flawless online meetings and calls

Reviewed on 2023/06/25

It solves all my problems with meetings, it works as expected when none of the competition do.

Pros

It works. Others don't. Zoom adds features fast, and allows 3rd party plugins that add features faster.But mainly it just works

Cons

finding all the options and/or remembering where they were is a pain, especially if they are hidden because I as the admin, fixed them so the user can't even see them.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

because nothing else works enough of the time

Webex and Microsoft Teams

nothing else works reliably
Abhuday
Abhuday
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Online video conferencing and communication software.

Reviewed on 2023/04/10

Very reliable and user friendly communication and collaboration tool.

Very reliable and user friendly communication and collaboration tool.

Pros

Meeting can be set up very easily. It can be started instantaneously .

Cons

There are no video editing tools with zoom.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

It is very user friendly and it is less complex.
Nnakwe
Nnakwe
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best Virtual Meeting and Conference Software

Reviewed on 2023/04/09

Zoom was really helpful to a lot of businesses during Covid, it made communicating with workers a lot easier and with time zoom became my go-to software for hosting meeting, tutorials and webinars.

Pros

I like how zoom makes it easy to coordinate a virtual meeting online with as much people as possible, you could host online meetings, webinars, conferences, interviews online, this was also able to give remote work an edge and recognition.Another thing I like about zoom is the screen sharing feature, I like how it allows you to share your screen while still on video, this was able to help pass down information faster and quicker as everyone present in the meeting could see your screen.Additionally, I like the quality of the video, you could clearly see every information that is being shared.

Cons

There's really nothing to dislike about zoom, I haven't found any faults throughout my use and I certainly hope not to

• Industry: Hospitality

User Review

Reviewed on 2023/04/10

Zoom meeting is always our first choice when having online meetings in a work from home set up.

Pros

You can easily access Zoom even in mobile. It's perfect for a person who is always on the go.

Cons

What I least like about it is that you cannot access other app in your mobile when you are in a zoom meeting.

Joserg

The best finds

Reviewed on 2024/01/04

In summary Zoom meeting offers reliable platform for virtual use and interactions and other security concerns

Pros

Zoom Meetings undoubtedly offers a reliable platform for virtual gatherings and indeed it help me a lot for my work which really help me to reach those people who are cannot be reach .I can perform meeting and interviews with out any disturbance at my place. What a heavenly given .

Cons

I know that every software follows protocols implemented for security measures I just hope they could consider our Personal privacy informations.

Jacob
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Zoom meetings are critical

Reviewed on 2024/01/04

Pros

Easy to use and works great on mobile. Very user friendly

Cons

It lags at times and the mobile app needs a bit more of work on it

It actually works smoothly, unlike its competition

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

I could not be happier. Our institution has standardized on it, and it was one of the best I.T. business decisions we have made in the last 5 years.

Pros

Zoom video conferences are just smooth, and not loaded with an annoying amount of jitter like the other products in the field. That results in a natural meeting, as close as you can get other than physical face-to-face. It's well maintained. Unfortunately people still buy Cisco's option because of Cisco's name, not Cisco's functionality and performance.

Cons

It would be good to see more significant integration with G Suite and Office365.

Webex and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

We moved away from Google Hangouts because it had far more jitter in the video than Zoom.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Zoom just worked flawlessly and did not have the jitter in the video conference that its competition continues to struggle with.
Robert

Zoom

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

We have two department using this exclusively for meetings, and event conferencing.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. You are able to send multiple invitations for meetings, and have access to all standard meeting tools. You can also view recorded meetings.

Cons

I do not like the subscription schedule, and renewal process. It has been very hard to get them to line up the accounts to coincide with the fiscal year. Other than that, the product is great.

Adobe Connect

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

a few departments were using this with a pilot program and were happier with this than the Adobe connect we already had. The cost was a little cheaper, but Adobe did offer some additional features.

Adobe Connect

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

We only use this for our home office programs. Organizationally, the majority of our users use Adobe Connect and Webex.
Chad
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Standard for large group meetings

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Zoom continues to be our go-to solution for Large group meetings (over 9 participants) and nearly all meetings with external participants. We often will use MS Teams for smaller meetings but we allows our users to chose based on personal preference.

Pros

I have used all of the video conferencing options on the Market and Zoom is the easiest to use while providing a consistent and stable experience for all.

Cons

The only feature that I see lacking in Zoom is the same tight integration with the Microsoft Stack that Teams has. With that said, it still integrates nicely with Outlook so it's easy to schedule meetings.

Webex, BlueJeans Meetings and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom was the easiest to use product we could find, especially for any of our non-technical workforce.

Sanskriti
Sanskriti

ZOOM for team discussions, learning and more!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Overall, I had a good experience with ZOOM. Through the application we are able to have team discussions, discuss ongoing project, presentation and more. I am able to join live meetings in anytime and anywhere. With the remote desktop connections, we are able to access the office PC(virtually), and do works as specified. So, its been easier for us to 'Work From Home' in this pandemic.

Pros

Zoom is great app for online video conferencing. It Supports multiple devices, file sharing, video calls, texts(chats), screen hosting, remote access and much more within the single app. The interface seems smooth and navigation within the app is handy. Zoom has its own in-built screen recording feature, and users don't need to install any external softwares for screen recording.

Cons

For most of the times, I am experiencing the repetition of audio as I speak. It's quiet disturbing when I heard my own voice repeling back. Also, sometimes, the calls ends out unexpectedly, and I am likely to miss important announcement and team discussions.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

ZOOM was able to provide all the extensive features we need at work, where other similar apps simply lacks most out of it.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Zoom was easy to use and implement at work. Even our IT assistant recommends ZOOM, for video conferencing.
Youssef
Youssef

The software that replaced the office during the pandemic

Reviewed on 2021/04/09

Zoom was our main communication tool during the pandemic. During the past year we held important board meetings, celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and many other occasions. It made the distances shorter by offering an affordable and very easy to use communication platform

Pros

Zoom is very easy to use even by non-tech savvy people. You receive an invitation, you click and you're in. The interface is very simple. Calls over zoom are smooth and don't require a very high speed connection. You can use Zoom for free or you can upgrade it for longer meetings

Cons

The software can be enhanced by adding new features / integrations similar to Microsoft Teams, to integrate project management tools or other applications that can be useful for collaborating teams.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Meetings on webex were very slow to start. Webex web client was very heavy and setting up a meeting wasn't the easiest experience.

Webex

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Zoom is easier to use especially for people who didn't have a Teams account
Crystal
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Easy to use & learn

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

Not being able to travel or be in close contact with people has been hard for my job but Zoom has changed the way i do training. I can pop in an office in Boise in the morning and one in Lake Chelan in the afternoon. The ability to reach so many people across our footprint within a matter of minutes has be such a huge help!

Pros

I train people for a living and not being able to travel Zoom has been a huge life saver. I love that it is so easy to use and you can even access others computers if they are having trouble. Total game changer for me!

Cons

I wish you could create different templates with different settings. There are times when i want no chat and no Q&A option and others when i do but unless i go in an change those settings prior to scheduling the meeting i cannot undo them. So template options or the ability's to change settings while a meeting is running would be a huge help!

Google Chat, Microsoft Teams and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Zoom is much easier to use and to teach others how to use. I also like the integration with Outlook, the number of participants on the free account is 100 compared to 3 with goto meeting and scheduling a meeting in general is easier.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

The ease of use was most important, that and the number of participants allowed on the free plan was big for us. Great product, highly recommend!
Aniket
  • Industry: Research

From offline meetings to Zoom meetings!

Reviewed on 2021/05/19

We had to switch to video conferencing classrooms due to the covid-19 pandemic which gave us an opportunity to try out a lot of video conferencing applications. Zoom was simple to use, and offered desktop applications for Windows/Mac/Linux and a web-based platform for easy access to meetings. We could also host a webinar with a large audience using Zoom, making easy knowledge transfer amongst large teams.

Pros

Breakout Rooms. I have never seen this feature in other video conferencing tools. Zoom offers a breakout rooms feature where we would split the participants into small different groups where they could work upon problems together, rather than listen to one instructor in the meeting. This makes interaction in the online classrooms more interesting and facilitates healthy conversation with their peers.

Cons

There's no feature to request desktop control from the users who are sharing their screens. This feature sometimes becomes important when collaborating amongst a team. This feature is also available in other applications, but would be really good if Zoom includes the same.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

We had to make the shift because of quality issues and the availability of desktop apps. Google Meet is inexpensive but the quality is not at par with most video conferencing apps. Furthermore it doesn't offer desktop apps and only has a web interface.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Microsoft Teams is relatively expensive and offers similar features as Zoom, making Zoom the best alternative. MS Teams is best paired with a Microsoft stack which would make using it inexpensive, however since our stack is already hosted on GSuite, we had to stick to Zoom, rather than Teams.

"Zoom, Our Favorite Business Meeting Place"

Reviewed on 2021/06/12

Its been a great experience using Zoom. We love it. The waiting room is a good feature, as it allows the host to choose who to admit to the meeting despite them having a link to the meeting. It ensures that no intruders participate in the meeting in the event that the link is accessed by some unintended audience.
Our use of Zoom increased during the lockdowns and stay-at-home period due to the Corona Virus and I can foresee it going on even post-pandemic.

Pros

I have had a great experience with Zoom since I started using it. It is easy to learn, deploy and use. The mobile access makes it all the more attractive. One can host or join a meeting from anywhere using their phone. Screen sharing, company branding, cloud storage, and local recording with transcripts are really great features. I love that camera and audio are off when one is joining a meeting and they only turn them on when they are ready to participate.
Zoom has really revolutionized the way we do meetings, especially in the last fifteen months when remote working became the norm due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Cons

The only concern I have is on screen sharing, other portions of the screen that you did not intend to share become visible. When working on sensitive information, I will sometimes have to close everything else and only remain with what I intend to share which is too much work. Also, sometimes it can be heavy on the computer but it is manageable.

Microsoft Teams and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Ease of deployment, widely available, great features, good customer support, and training available. Mobile access makes it very attractive. Zoom has been a great resource in our business when it comes to web conferencing. I highly recommend it.
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great with Audio/Video and Simplicity/Ease of use but needs some improvement in Communications.

Reviewed on 2021/07/01

I have been using Zoom for over 2 years now and have loved the experience so far. With the simple and easy to sue experience that it provides, it makes our jobs easier not to have to train employees on how to use it but that also brings a drawback in terms of the features as I could really use some features that help in efficient communication. Having just whiteboards is not enough to communicate everything we want to so we prefer having separate tools for that like Mural.

Pros

I liked the Audio/Video features. Zoom allows me to host and attend meetings in a really smooth manner especially with the Dynamic Working arrangement that we are in during the pandemic. I also like how simple and easy-to-use Zoom is as we did not have to roll out any kind of strict training for people to get up to speed with Zoom. Zoom is also not very costly and is easily handled by the Admin groups so reduces a lot of extra efforts that other tools sometimes need in terms of maintenance and infrastructure.

Cons

I did not like the contact and communication management of Zoom. It is hard to find new features that help in efficient communication and collaboration. We use different tools like Mural to provide efficient communication between the teams but would have really loved it if similar features were there in Zoom itself.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

Skype was getting decommissioned and Zoom has been really light and helpful to make a quick switch during getting everyone to working from home almost overnight.

Anywhere365

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Google Meet offers fewer features and has more bugs in the Audio/Video cloud-based settings. Also, it does not offer reliable screen sharing and access control options so we have been a bit sceptic on that front as well.
Gustav

Zoom Meetings the universal must have business tool.

Reviewed on 2021/08/24

In Zoom, it is easy to work with clients or customers and multiple individuals at different times or locations to collaborate and complete tasks. Zoom Meetings are stable and easy to use; it is very convenient to schedule meetings and invite participants.

If you are using your smartphone to participate in a meeting while driving with a hands-free kit, it is easy to use if you have a desktop or computer present, the connection seems more stable than other platforms for video conferencing currently available. What makes zoom so great is how portable it is. This application is lightweight and can be used on any device and browser.

Zoom stands out from the rest of the typical video conferencing industry thanks to Zoom's ability to record sessions and control the screen during video calls. I use it both with a desktop computer and with a mobile phone, I definitely recommend Zoom Meetings as a must-have business tool.

Pros

Zoom has been my favorite video conferencing software for more than 2 years now and I can personally attest that it is one of the best software currently available. Integrated video meeting, voice, webinar, chat, and video conferencing services are easy, reliable, and innovative. It aligns easily with your existing workflows and makes scheduling meetings a breeze because of its integration with Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar.

The software is constantly updated so you can work remotely even easier with versatile new features every day. By using it, you can perform the same tasks in a more convenient manner than you would have been able to do in person. It makes collaborating easier with colleagues or clients with features like a share-screen and remote access.

We would face many problems without Zoom in today's COVID- 19 environment unless we were able to provide clients and colleagues with simple ways to communicate. Having the ability to send a link and jump into a quick call is very convenient and useful. Additionally, it seems to have a greater rate of engagement with our clients who are reluctant to give out their phone numbers but want to speak with us. It appears that many people already use Zoom as their platform of choice for calling or chatting even when we have other options available on the market.

Cons

Depending on the organization where your account exists, your zoom account may have many restrictions that the management puts in place and this can be frustrating at times. Some precautions seem overly cautious to me, but I can't complain going forward if it's not my job to protect sensitive internal information or communications.

I used to experience some unresponsiveness sometimes when I worked with multiple screens, but this was rare. The problem was fixed in the future updates of the software, and I am not experiencing this issue anymore.

• Industry: Government Administration

The go-to software for streaming

Reviewed on 2021/09/01

i solved the problem of sharing live ideas and exchanging feedback to make quick but informed decisions. This software was really impactful in my remote education, thanks to it i managed to study and progress in my career while social distancing for COVID-19 took place.

Pros

Zoom meets customers demands proficiently, they offer a complete variety of features that make their software really impactful and efficient in meetings and expositions. I would highlight the fact that one can make exclusive meetings, record them, stream desktop and even host events with hundreds of attendants. Their UI is enormously intuitive and the user experience is great, making the decision for this program worthwhile. Their deployment is comfortable, one can use any operating system and even mobile phones without noticing any difference.

Cons

Its performance in Linux could be improved, even though it is quite common to encounter less demand in GNU i could still note a significant difference between Windows and Linux when it came to audio and video synchronization. There is some compensation on the fact that they do have deployment in Linux, what can be more suitable than using the software from its website version. Changing hosts and permits could be easier, sometimes too many requirements waste too much time until they are fully solved.

Benetta
  • Industry: Accounting

ZOOM my Preferred Meeting Application

Reviewed on 2021/11/13

ZOOM is an every day part of my life. ZOOM is used at my workplace and in my personal life and in my spiritual life.

Pros

ZOOM is easy to use. It is easy to join. It is great to see and hear, as long as everyone is on a strong network system. ZOOM is easy to setup. ZOOM video toggle is easy to use and a much needed function. The chat feature is very good.

Cons

You have to look to hard to find the sharable zoom full information. It is not located in an obvious place on the screen. I do not like the chat box to pop up on my screen every time someone enters information into the chat.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom

ZOOM had more functions and features.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

ZOOM was a better fit for our needs and was the most user friendly and the most popular that people had heard of or actually used.
Faisal Faruque
Faisal Faruque

The Perfect Home Office Companion!

Reviewed on 2021/12/22

I have been using Zoom for a long time now. But before the Covid-19 pandemic, I was not a regular user of Zoom. But during the lockdown, while working from home, it became my best friend. Also, it got better day by day. I am happy that the developers are working very hard to push regular updates. The desktop app and mobile app both are quite useful. The mobile app is a great way to catch up with meetings while I am on a run. Although I am currently using the free plan now, I will certainly buy a premium plan very soon.

Pros

Zoom is undoubtedly the best meeting software out there. It's not only because of its features but also for the usability of this tool. The user interface of Zoom is a bit traditional while the competitors are using a bit more modern approach. But this is where things have become interesting. Because of the legacy UI of this tool, the users find it very easy to get started with this app. When I first started using Zoom, it took only an hour to get familiar with all the features. Another useful feature of Zoom is the ability to annotate on the screen. Also, the screen sharing tool is quite handy and it has a lot of functionalities. Oh, I forgot to tell you about the amazing virtual backgrounds. Frankly speaking, this is one of the most useful features and I can attend any formal meeting even from my garage using this feature.

Cons

Zoom certainly offers a nice free plan with many features. But I don't really like the time limit thing in the free version. Rather they could have just restricted a few features from here and there. It would help many people who can't afford self-hosting zoom or buying a premium plan. But I must admit that the paid plan is not that expensive.

Jane
  • Industry: Music

Very useful for meetings and running online classes

Reviewed on 2022/10/19

Zoom allowed us to continue running classes during lockdown. We still use it now as it allows people who are geographically remote or who are self isolating or housebound to attend our classes. It has been a vital addition to our business. We also use it for many of our business meetings which saves time travelling.

Pros

It is very easy to use, especially for participants and most of the time it works very well. Like any product of this nature, it is subject to having a good stable internet connection. We also like that it integrates with our line of business software, TeamUp. It was fairly easy to setup although we did need to do a bit of experimentation int he early days to establish the right settings, esp for successful sharing of sound.

Cons

We mute & unmute participants throughout our classes, so they can give feedback. It is a little bit clunky to get everyone to unmute now, since Zoom lost the "Unmute all button". There is still a request to unmute but it is hidden away and it requires the participant to click on yes. Some of our participants are older or have long-term health problems and find it difficult to mute/unmute themselves.

Webex, WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Zoom

Of the software we evaluated, we found that Zoom was the best match for our needs, allowed reasonable sharing of screen/audio and was, most importantly, simple for our participants to use.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Zooming Into Virtual Learning

Reviewed on 2021/10/01

Overall, Zoom Meetings is a versatile, powerful, and supportive tool for anyone who needs to connect on a consistent basis via videoconferencing. The platform itself has a suite of tools that addresses many needs and they are very amenable to updating and adding tools, as indicated by their users.

Pros

Zoom opened up a brand new way for us to learn and, sans the necessity due to COVID, I would recommend it for normal virtual learning and video conferencing needs because the platform runs smoothly and has everything that presenters and attendees may need. As a teacher, I appreciated the ability to see attendance records, have my students register for meetings to track attendance and usage, and turn videos and mics on and off for a variety of reasons in support of facilitating a productive and meaningful virtual learning environment. It was also convenient to be able to have meetings with other faculty and staff members via Zoom!

Cons

The poll feature was clunky and frustrating to use but had great possibilities for exit tickets and formatives purposes.