Zoom Meetings

4,6 (12 167)
Video conferencing & web conferencing for teams of all sizes

(12 167)

Carlos Z.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Zoom meetings: how to do exactly what you promise and nothing more.

Reviewed on 2022/05/11

Our primary function with Zoom has been reaching the not so tech savvy users into the remote work environment and then use it as the gate or initiation platform for more job focused software like Teams or Slack.

Pros

It is a feasible and easy to access tool for even the most basic users.

Cons

The fact that they stuck with their original functions for too long and did not develop further into the needs of the market that chose them as the default software. To me, a considerable lack of insight and missed opportunity, a huge one.

Webex, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Teams was too "big" for basic users. We still use it as our work environment but Zoom is used for job applicants, trainees, consultants, clients, suppliers and such.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Because it was the more widespread and known alternative during the pandemic and the remote work migration. It meant the less effort in training, installation, integration, etc.
Sreehari D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use but quality needs to be better

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Pros

Easy to use and it was sufficient for basic needs

Cons

Quality has to improved a lot and as so as customer support

Md rafiew I.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

For my online class, the Zoom interface is really straightforward and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2022/04/06

Audio signatures and passwords can be used to protect my privacy. I can also lock a meeting as a host to prevent people who haven't yet joined from joining.

Pros

I can get closed captions with Zoom by integrating third-party solutions to make sure the feature works.
Zoom is a video and audio conferencing platform that allows users to record meetings.

Zoom allows 100 or more people to participate in a video call. The app's gallery view allows for up to 49 players to be displayed on one screen. However, if I wish to add more users, the program enables for up to 500 persons to be added.

A password, such as SAML, OAuth, or 2FA, can be used to verify your Zoom account. 256-bit TLS encryption protects your video meetings and chats using this app. To safeguard my connection, I can utilize AES-256 encryption or end-to-end encryption.
Furthermore, Zoom's whiteboard features allow users to doodle on many slides and screens.

Cons

Zoom does not support emojis, but it does support GIFs. Admins can turn on and off this video conferencing tool.

The free bundle of Zoom virtual conferencing is limited. It can make an unlimited number of calls that are limited to 40 minutes in length. If I upgrade to a pro account, however, the time limit is extended to 24 hours.

Free users can only save up to 1GB of recordings on their PCs, whereas all paid plans allow for cloud storage.
There is currently no support for HD video.

Favio R.

Most complete online meeting platform in the market

Reviewed on 2022/04/25

I've had a great time working with zoom meetings since the beginning of 2020. I've only used the free version but I has been a salvation in times of Covid. I don't give them 10 stars because the software consumes a high amount of RAM memory.

Pros

The option to join meetings as a guest without the need of an account is just great. The option that I like the most is that everyone can draw in the screen while someone is sharing, as long as the host allows it. It gives us the chance to debate in meetings or explain specific topics, specially in Architecture or Design meetings.

Cons

I don't like the 45 free minute limit. It's ok that companies charge for the full version of the software, however, there should be an alternative for less people without paying the full plan.

Ramesh S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Best app for beginners as well as hard users and accessible to large number of audience.

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

It really helped me to continue with my professional activities during peak pandemic Covid-19 and since then my experience remained awesome.

Pros

This is easy to use for every category of user and the quality which it provides to user is really amazing even during the internet instability.

Cons

As far as dislikes concerned I unable to trace out any.

Could be more affordable

Reviewed on 2022/05/18

Zoom is widely used and easy to invite anyone for a meeting without having to consider their ability to use it.

Pros

Zoom has been a household software for many business and it is very hard to avoid it as many people are often oriented with how it works or is a required skill in most business meetings. It has offers high quality audio and video outputs which can be configured up to HD qualities easily both on mobile platforms and computers

Cons

The backgrounds could be better especially without the need for a green screen. Zoom can be more affordable since there are other products in the market offering similar services and quality.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Good video conferencing software

Reviewed on 2022/06/18

We were able to use Zoom mostly for short calls. It does the job for us and it's been pretty reliable.

Pros

It's a great tool of you're in an enterprise plan.

Cons

Tier limits are very limiting compared to other alternatives.

Abdo E.

Excellent but expensive

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

Pros

I liked its simple interface, and the quality of meeting. I also appreciate the integrations zoom provides.

Cons

what I hated the most was the high monthly subscription. I hope they can offer cheaper plans for content creators like myself.

Omotayo I.
  • Industry: Farming

Zoom Meetings Review

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

Zoom has been a 'life saver' for our organization. It helped our staff stay connected during the pandemic as we were working remotely.

Zoom has collapsed the distance barrier in our organization as we feel a sense of togetherness anytime meetings are held online.

Zoom has helped us make more profit with far less expenses.

Pros

1. The ease of use. Anyone can use zoom irrespective of education level. The instructions for use are so detailed and simple to understand.

2. The 'mute Microphone' button is magical. It means there will be no disturbances and interference in a meeting.

3. Customer support. The Zoom customer support is excellent.

4. The screen sharing feature is a great feature anytime anyday.

5. The ability to turn off and on my video.

Cons

1. It glitches sometimes and that cannslow down the pace of a meeting.

2. The inability of Zoom to host meetings of longer duration than its maximum capacity.

3. The fact that I can't use some features on my phone, such as recording.

Agala M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The Remote Working Solution

Reviewed on 2022/01/21

Generally Zoom has been a life saver especially for the kind of work I do. I mostly work in remote areas and so its capability to work sufficiently even in areas with poor network is the reason it is my go to app for personal and work related remote meetings. It is comparatively easy to use and join meetings since it does not have tedious sign up and log in requirements.

Pros

What I like most about zoom is over time they have made useful updates to make remote working and online meetings more efficient. The real time screen sharing option has been helpful in teaching and sharing notes and also the fact that you can share your screen and still see participants. My favorite feature about zoom is that it still works relatively well in poor connections as is prone in third world countries like mine. Other updates like the ability of the host being able to mute noisy participants has also been helpful. Zoom has made connecting with workmates, friends and family easier. It is also easy to use and has so many features to easen interactions in this crazy times.

Cons

I still wish the time limit for the free version of zoom be longer than the 1 hour 40 minutes but something free it is still quite sufficient.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Zoom is relatively cheaper especially when is comes to internet usage and I found teams to have complicated sign up procedures.
Steph P.

Critical for people with ADHD

Reviewed on 2021/12/27

Pros

There are lots of things that are helpful about Zoom, especially during a time when working from home was required. The biggest takeaway for me was how helpful Zoom is for my ADHD. I have always had a really hard time paying attention to someone over the phone, so working from home was daunting. But I have found that if I can look at someone's face while they are talking, I don't get as distracted -- even if we aren't in the same room together. Having virtual meetings be a more normalized option has made me better at my job, and Zoom has made it easier for everyone to have access to video chat services -- on their computer or on their phone. Zoom has made it easier for me to build and maintain relationships in my personal and professional life, regardless of if someone has an android or iphone. I'm more productive during meetings and am able to retain more details about the conversation. Zoom is also superior in this way because of where I can move the windows around. So I can move people's faces in the order that is the most productive for me (like who is talking vs everyone at once, etc).

Cons

There are too many clicks needed to do anything. When I log in, I wish I could schedule a meeting without having to click into my account page. When I want to change my virtual background, I wish I didn't have to take 3-5 clicks to do that.

Rishu B.

A system which helps in effective communication and remote work

Reviewed on 2021/12/24

Amazing experience so far

Pros

I like everything about this tool. Very handy provides almost all the required features that needs for efficient communication and remote work. It provides screen sharing, video, voice call all the options to maintain and smooth office work. Grouping of people is also another great feature to have. Great working tool.

Cons

Only issue I found with this uploading the documentation while working and communicating. It should have storage capacity for the users specifically for the shared documents, and links which have been shared while being online.

Webex

Zoom was more preferable

Webex
Senthilkumar N.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Perfect business video conferencing partner!

Reviewed on 2021/12/22

I really satisfied with the product features come with, but still lot of improvements needed on UI and security, connection lagging features.

Pros

Perfect fit to any quick business meeting on the go and suits for all remote workers, no special training needed.
Toll based calling options are available.
As my company had enterprise subscription, it allowed more than 500+ participants same time, unlimited meeting and time.
Also streaming and recording features helped a lot of users while business are commuting or busy in other activities.
As it can be integrated with Microsoft Office/Outlook 365, all features like calendar items would be notified that makes the user easy to plan ahead of time.
Also it has integration support on Slack and Zapier.
Scalable for usage subscription that helps a lot in the organization itself.
File sharing is pretty easy across users during the meeting.
Love the intuitive UI design and layout.
Nice utility tools like whiteboards, annotator, chats, and more options along with sharing the screen.
Easy to split the meeting users into different breakout rooms to manage the meeting purpose.
It allows virtual background customization that satisfies user personalization, presentation ability, organizational branding pictures/logos, and follows privacy standards.

Cons

App must be downloaded to use it rather go for web based.
Once user enter any password or secured information which cannot be deleted.
You may not expect HD quality in video streaming.
Limited bandwidth size for storing webinars and recordings if you have longer meetings in place.
Zoom-bombing issue gets some time during the meeting if you forward meeting invite to non-intended participants.
While in breakout rooms, may not possible to add the co-host which is one of the disadvantage.
Our business users started using Chromebooks, but it does not support it.

Faisal faruque R.

The Perfect Home Office Companion!

Reviewed on 2021/12/22

I have been using Zoom for a long time now. But before the Covid-19 pandemic, I was not a regular user of Zoom. But during the lockdown, while working from home, it became my best friend. Also, it got better day by day. I am happy that the developers are working very hard to push regular updates. The desktop app and mobile app both are quite useful. The mobile app is a great way to catch up with meetings while I am on a run. Although I am currently using the free plan now, I will certainly buy a premium plan very soon.

Pros

Zoom is undoubtedly the best meeting software out there. It's not only because of its features but also for the usability of this tool. The user interface of Zoom is a bit traditional while the competitors are using a bit more modern approach. But this is where things have become interesting. Because of the legacy UI of this tool, the users find it very easy to get started with this app. When I first started using Zoom, it took only an hour to get familiar with all the features. Another useful feature of Zoom is the ability to annotate on the screen. Also, the screen sharing tool is quite handy and it has a lot of functionalities. Oh, I forgot to tell you about the amazing virtual backgrounds. Frankly speaking, this is one of the most useful features and I can attend any formal meeting even from my garage using this feature.

Cons

Zoom certainly offers a nice free plan with many features. But I don't really like the time limit thing in the free version. Rather they could have just restricted a few features from here and there. It would help many people who can't afford self-hosting zoom or buying a premium plan. But I must admit that the paid plan is not that expensive.

Easy to use, full featured collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2021/12/20

Zoom Meetings has been a great experience for me. I have used many similar applications over the last 18 months, and Zoom is the best.

Pros

Zoom is great because the product is easy for anyone to install and understand how to use. Zoom also does a great job of adding new features and patching security routinely.

Cons

It would be great if the desktop sharing had an admin mode so when using it for support you wouldn't have to ask the end user to perform certain actions.

Webex, RingCentral MVP and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Replace multiple products with one. We also use Zoom Phone and Zoom chat heavily along with our use of Zoom Meetings. We also set up a couple of Zoom Rooms in our office.

Webex, Microsoft Teams and Cisco Jabber

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Overall functionality, integration, and of course price.
Dustin A.
  • Industry: Events Services

Where would we be without it

Reviewed on 2021/12/20

Zoom is very straightforward and easy to use. Zoom is constantly innovating and adding new features. So do not be surprised if you open Zoom tomorrow and there is a brand new feature! Zoom offers several different options for users to join a meeting. They can call in to a number, join via browser, join via mobile app, or join via the desktop app. Zoom is also integrated with several different apps or products that you are probably using on a daily basis. Zoom has several different features and solutions that will fit your needs.

Pros

Zoom is very easy to use and navigate. I like how you can use zoom for multiple different situations. Such as video or audio meetings, webinars, classes, training, and more. I really like how Zoom continues to update and add new features. Zoom cares are security, and when there is an issue, they address it.

Cons

Occasionally I experience auto issues when I try to connect AirPods or headphones. I also wish that the documentation was sorted and separated a little more.

Best app at the moment for virtual meetings

Reviewed on 2021/12/18

Zoom is a very helpful app to keep in contact with family and friends during the time of the pandemic but was also used by firms, university and the whole educational system to remain connected even though it wasn’t possible to meet in presence. I find that it still has a lot to improve but it achieved what other apps didn’t achieve and that is the reliability on the functionality of this app. Even it is possible to meet in presence Zoom is a good platform for small conferences and also big ones if you are willing to pay for meetings with more participants.

Pros

When meeting with colleagues Zoom makes instant screen sharing possible and the quality of video and audio is good enough to keep conferences for 1-2 hours. The meetings are also very interactive when it comes to breakout sessions and taking part at discussions. I personally like very much the option of raising the virtual hand since it gives you the atmosphere of being in a classroom if you are a student.

Cons

It has severe security problems. A person can send the link to third parties and anyone can enter the meeting. However, it is not a big problem, since sometimes it is kind of funny and is always remembered as anecdotes of virtual meetings. It would be also good to make the free time of the meeting a little longer since it only permits to meet for 45 minutes. However, it is also not a big problem since you can start another meeting after that.

Rafael N.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

One of the best software for collaboration, except when you need support.

Reviewed on 2021/12/14

My general experience is good until i have the issue/problem with zoom application for windows, the lack of a good customer support don´t help and i try some troubleshootings to solve the problem without results. I think that i will not renew my anual suscription for this problems and bad customer support of zoom.

Pros

I really enjoy that have a lot features that increase productivity in remote work, i use every day for my meetings because its easy to use, the pay version includes security features plus no time limitation.

Cons

I have the problem that i can use the application in windows since 2 months ago, i open i ticket and until now, the customer support don´t contact me to resolve this bug/issue. A lot of features only works in application, in web browser version only have the neccesary options so i prefer to use microsoft teams.

Webex and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Google meet dont have all the features that zoom application has.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

In general zoom is an universal application that offers good add-ons and features, cisco is more expensive and microsoft teams needs that have all microsoft suite that offers a complete experience.
Cielo kaye C.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Breakthrough product during the pandemic

Reviewed on 2021/12/11

It's good and useful, but it needs a lot of improvement on its virtual background feature, as well as internet speed requirements.

Pros

Zoom Meetings had been very essential to our company, and to the rest of our family, especially when COVID started. It made work from home and online classes possible and easier. I love that there's a free version of the app, and that you can opt to change the background of your video during meetings/calls. I love that it allows you to share your screen (and choose just what programs you'd like to share) and/or audio. The annotation and whiteboard features are also a nice touch. It made communication, meetings, classes, webinars, etc. more efficient and effective. Also, during meetings, the host has an option to admit participants, mute/unmute them, enable/disable chats, annotations, and screen sharing, so that's a plus.

Cons

Virtual backgrounds are not compatible, or it doesn't work seamlessly with most laptops or desktops. For most smartphones and tablets, that feature is not even available. I hope the developers will improve that feature in the future. Also, unlike other apps, Zoom needs a highlighter internet speed and bandwidth.

Lark and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Most of our clients are more familiar with it.
Alfonso G.

Ever-evolving collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/12/10

definitely in my company using collaboration tools ..however, this is one of the ones we like the most however we know that it is evolving at a very fast level and also leading in the market

Pros

one of the most important features is the ease of use and connection, which through intuitive buttons allow you to do basic activities to manage a video conference.

Cons

the software consumes a lot of computational resources I think they should work in the laboratories to find more efficient connection protocols consume fewer resources.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Because the Office 365 collaboration tool, in addition to covering the videoconferencing scheme, also covers our own needs related to collaboration tools such as sharepoint and the Office suite.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

for its innovative capabilities and ease of use.
Irene I.

Zoom meetings will continue even after COVID

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Zoom meetings have changed the way we do business. And will continue to do business. I don't think we will ever go back to in person meetings in the future, we may do a hybrid of IN person and Zoom, but the majority of our attendees want to stay with Zoom for ever.

Pros

With the start of COVID, our business was forced to cancel all in person meetings. We now use Zoom for all our committee meetings, 5 per month, and Board of Directors meetings, once a month. It has been a game changer for us. no more , " I got stuck at the office or in traffic and could not make the meeting" no more rushing around to get to the meeting location on time,. No more delayed meeting start times because we don't have all the necessary participants. Everyone can join from where ever they are , on what ever device they have. Phone, tablet, lap top or desk top. The "waiting room " is a must have feature for us as we need to verify the user before they join. We also move users to and from the waiting room during the meeting to have discussions about sensitive issues that not everyone should be hearing. The screen sharing is also a must have feature for us,.no more printing out a packet of documents for every meeting.

Cons

it would be nice to have a feature that "forces" the participant to enter more information than just a name. We get people putting in slang names and then we have a hard time identifying them. If there was a feature to turn on for "address" it would help us tremendously. We currently have to look up each user in the waiting room in our database to verify they can have access to the meeting.

Jenny W.
  • Industry: Accounting

The Industry Standard

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

I think Zoom is being so standardized that many other organizations don't consider alternatives at this point. I still prefer other webinar hosting platforms to Zoom, but Zoom meetings gets the job done. It is user friendly enough that even those unfamiliar with video conferencing software can still understand how to enter/exit the meeting room.

Pros

Zoom is being the industry standard and reaching almost every vertical now that remote work skyrocketed. I like that zoom allows you to change your background easily, pass presenter controls, and hold waiting rooms for others to enter the room.

Cons

The zoom toolbar can very easily get in the way of presenting which can be quite frustrating. I also wish there was a feature to let us know who was paying attention/idol on the meeting.

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Although GoToMeeting and the sister products of the GoTo line are more robust, Zoom was a more affordable option for our organization.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

The Marketing team was using the GoTo product line and enjoyed it but the rest of the company wanted to consolidate our softwares so we all had to migrate to using Zoom.
Parth P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Remote Work Meeting App : Zoom Meetings

Reviewed on 2021/12/07

Zoom can be utilized for quite some time to meet from various areas as long as the members have a web association, camera and mouthpiece. During the time where the pandemic held us back from meeting face to face, we utilized Zoom as the option of decision to perform virtual gatherings permitting everybody to in any case meet up and basically see each other at the same time on the PC screen. Tragically, Zoom can't be utilized to perform instrument practices since there would be input from the different members.

Pros

It's an extraordinary method for interfacing all over the planet with insignificant transmission capacity utilization.
Meeting our friends and trading thoughts is made conceivable using top notch video and sound calls.
Outstanding sound and video quality; we are recording gatherings and moving them to other capacity.
Contrasted with other applications, it has more highlights and considers effective record sharing inside the chatbox.

Cons

You really want an application to settle on the decisions and gatherings, yet it would be awesome assuming that it had an online choice.
Once in a while when web speed drops, the sound quality likewise drops; I would comprehend the video quality dropping, however the sound doesn't devour a lot of transmission capacity, so it would be great to have a predictable sound even on low web speeds.
Element to take into account in excess of a solitary assigned speaker camera zoom window.

Microsoft Teams and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

With regards to general elements, Meet and Zoom both deal a significant number of similar essential capacities, similar to call encryption, support for up to 720p HD video, and show modes that take into consideration screen-sharing to different members. Zoom empowers you to see analytic data while in a gathering, to decide whether the issues you are confronting are brought about by sound, video, or organization.
Eddie L.

Zoom is the best product and de facto standard in this era

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Zoom has been the only platform that is reliable and outstanding, and I have tried all of them.

Pros

Every other conferencing software in history has always had issues with people accessing, sound, video, reliability, freezing up. Zoom is the most reliable solution and it is no surprise it has become the industry standard.

Cons

I do not like having to pay for additional time, but I suppose that comes with the quality. I eventually upgraded beyond the free tier because it was both reasonable and necessary.

Webex, BlueJeans and Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Google Meet freezes a lot, the people I invited to the meeting didn't know how to use it. In a time where tolerance for delayed and static in communication is not tolerated, it is better to pay for Zoom than use Google Meet for free.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Zoom is more reliable, stable, better mobile options, and just a higher quality product used by everyone.
Steven S.

Director Information Technology

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Saved us when everyone began working from home during COVID. Zoom has changed our business and it will continue to be used for the majority of meetings. We have since begun using Zoom Phone which is extremely simple to set up and simple works. It's only been about a year with using Zoom Phone but we have not had any issues.

Pros

My colleagues did not require much training to use Zoom Meeting or to transition to Zoom Phone because they were already familiar with the Zoom interface. Amazing quick and simple to set up for an entire company. The administration is very intuitive and rare that i need to contact support. Support has been great.

Cons

Support is offshore. This is typically not an issue but sometimes there is a language barrier.

8x8 X Series and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing Zoom Meetings

Goto Meeting is way more expensive and has issues. Replaced Mitel for Zoom Phone.

Reasons for Switching to Zoom Meetings

Zoom was overwhelmingly selected by everyone at my company for its simplicity. Simple to use but still has all the features that everyone wanted. There was no compromise.