Zoom Reviews

Zoom

Video conferencing & web conferencing for teams of all sizes

4.6/5 (1813 reviews)
Sébastien L.

A Fine, Very Customizable Video Conferencing Tool with Extra Features

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

My experience with this software has been reliable when excluding certain behaviors, such as moving Zoom windows around when recording or using the annotation tool. I haven't got the chance to use frequently this software on other devices, but I have mixed feelings when using it on a Linux system because of the aforementioned issues. I find Zoom is a solid option for one-on-one meetings, particularly considering everything needed works perfectly on a free plan. For bigger meetings, a Premium plan is a must and one can still benefit a lot from this software. It has enabled me to do screen sharing very easily without having to know anything about video recording or editing. Even on low-end PCs, I feel that Zoom is quite capable of rendering a good enough video for formal meetings that need to be shared later by other means. The encoding used for exported videos is a great compromise between size and quality, making it a viable option when it comes to sharing a meeting online. I wouldn't recommend Zoom for producing high-quality videos intended for commercial use or for presentations with a large audience (above 100 participants), but it works perfectly fine for personal projects and for most business meetings. I find I could benefit more if I were able to use all the available features as one often needs to rely on workarounds such as using an image editing tool to make drawings from screenshots instead of being able to directly work on the screen as intended by the software.

Pros

Zoom brings to the table premium features for free. One-on-one meetings are not time-limited or missing any essential option. It is possible to set up recurring meetings by generating a permanent Zoom link, which is very useful to have custom links for many different contacts. Zoom makes it possible to share the screen with others: either to record a solo session; screen share with others in a meeting while having the ability to record audio and video; share only a specific window or the entire desktop and there's also a quick way to switch between different screens from participants, all of it being configurable in the application. Scheduling a new meeting is straightforward and numerous options are presented to make it easy to obtain the desired behavior by default when launching a meeting. Meetings can also be integrated with external calendars and provide more advanced options to facilitate interactions when the meeting starts, such as automatically recording on the local computer and asking for a password to prevent unauthorized access. Being able to chat with attendees and store all relevant information about them in an address book inside Zoom are other features that make interactions with frequent users a breeze. There are plenty of settings available from the main window to adjust audio, video and recording details and even integration with dual monitors.

Cons

Technical issues are present with the Linux desktop application in certain hardware conditions, especially with the annotation tool, rendering it totally useless. While using that tool, the screen isn't updated in real-time and won't allow displaying drawings with a transparent background to make it possible to annotate on the screen while keeping the desktop visible in the background. There are also various notable glitches when moving Zoom windows around, such as the video window being duplicated when recording and staying on the screen for extended periods of time, ruining the quality of any recording being made. Because of those shortcomings, it is impractical to try and move the windows when recording and some features simply need to be forgotten at those times. It is also inconvenient that the toolbar won't display properly when set at the bottom of the screen, as it only opens from top to bottom, making the list of tools go outside the bottom part of the screen and effectively unreachable. There is no way to resize the toolbar which occupies too much space on tiny monitors (screen size of 13 inches and below). In a similar fashion, the main window when a meeting is happening can't easily be resized as some buttons will disappear and become unusable, making it harder to record the session or end the meeting.

Virginia B.

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom – For a smooth ride to your next online event

Reviewed on 2018/07/27
Review Source

Pros

Affordable. Reliable. Easy. That’s Zoom in a nutshell. We have experienced the heartache of running a webinar only to have the audio cut in and out and glitch the entire time – ultimately causing our attendees to drop off. But, that’s not the case with Zoom. Our company, belonging to the industry of software QA and testing, regularly hosts remote meetings to check in and collaborate on progress and future team initiatives. We decided to make the switch from GoToMeeting (a great alternative to Zoom) because it fit our needs more accurately. Zooms customer support is remarkably responsive and very quick to solve any issues encountered.

Pros
Zoom video conference calling and webinar is fitting for any sized company or organization. Meetings can be scheduled within seconds and added directly from Zoom’s platform to Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, or Outlook Calendar; which allows you to set up invites and add additional attendees.

Zoom provides the option to either enroll in a monthly or an annual plan, in which you can choose to deactivate and/or reactivate at any time (beneficial for saving extra bucks if you do not run regular monthly webinars). The plan that includes 100 participants, for both video conferencing and webinar, are priced at an affordable price per month (GoToWebinar is nearly double in price for the same plan).

The audio on calls and webinars comes across crisp; we have never experienced any issues with dropped calls or glitches during webinars).

Having the ability to join calls and webinars from any desktop, tablet, and/or phone (iOS and android) is convenient for anyone looking to access meetings on the go. Zoom includes various features, i.e. live screen-sharing, whiteboard, etc., which helps relieve the difficulties of working remotely.

If you are holding an international meeting, I.e. training, trainees can join by laptop and listen over laptop speakers (they would have to use laptop and not call in directly via phone to avoid having to pay for extra international call credits – which costs an additional /month).
Zoom comes in handy when working with distributed teams; Zoom’s conference calling features are great for doing demos, exercises, sprint planning, etc.

Cons

When joining a webinar or a call via mobile device, it’s unclear how to join audio (I thought there was something wrong with my phone because it was telling me my audio was on but I could not hear anything during the webinar – turns out I couldn’t see the audio number which was hidden behind the webinar). If anyone else has this confusion you can also look at the original webinar confirmation or follow-up reminder and locate the call-in number there.

The poll questions and results to not display in the webinar recordings so you will have to edit or takes screenshots and merge them into your recording (we use I movie to do this).

Devora gila B.

Zoom is the backbone of my coaching practice.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Gives me an edge over my competitors, credibility, community, communication, engagement. Added value to coaching experience -- recordings are priceless.

Pros

I have been using Zoom for a few years now. I love its ease of use and quality. How many times have I been on a Skype call and it froze in the middle???? I avoid Skype at all costs now.
With Zoom I can easily schedule my client meetings. I actually have the invitation already pasted into my appointment confirmation and reminder autoresponder, with the url and dial-in information. It's so easy to manage appointments this way.

The recording feature is helpful as well. When your session is over, the recording is available in different formats, video and audio, and gets automatically processes and stored in your computer and available to upload to my clients.

I like the video conferencing feature for groups as well, with different screen possibilities. I can choose to view everyone at once, only a few people at once, or the speaker. This is helpful for webinars and group coaching.

Share screen is a feature I use in different ways. For client enrollment conversations. I can actually share the Agreement form and go through all of the contract terms in real time, being able to close the sale more quickly. In client sessions I can go through their website or materials and give real-time feedback, which is invaluable.

Chat feature makes workshops, webinars and group sessions engaging and lively. The speaker can read the chat questions and comments and respond.

Cons

I can't find much to compain about. I was using the free feature and was dissapointed that I couldn't have a longer session with more than one person, but I've since upgraded. There is a video tutorial for how to do a background in the upgraded version but I'm finding it a little hard to follow. At one point I thought I had a different version of Zoom than the one they were showing. So that was confusing.

Jerry A.

Incredible. Extremely easy to use (as a host and as an end user), and works well.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Biggest benefit is helping us to serve out our mission of education and conservation by letting us reach students who cannot come to us.

Pros

Ease of use is its best feature. From the host point of view, it is easy to access all of its features. Setting up a meeting is quick, sending out invites is easy, connecting to the meeting and starting a meeting couldn't be easier. From the end user point of view, this system is great. It doesn't need to be installed on the user's PC by an administrator. We just click the meeting link, the meeting launches in a temporary instance, and we are good to go. There is an app for Android and iOS, but those too are easy to install. It uses whatever camera, microphone, and speakers you've got setup on your device. We use this software as part of our Distance Learning programs. And we've used it with schools, museums, and hospitals. Think kids that are sick and cannot leave the hospital. Or kids from a landlocked state, who haven't seen the ocean. We take them on virtual tours of our Aquarium, and show them the bay and the shipping channel, and it's all LIVE VIDEO and two way communication so we can answer questions and show the kids what they want to see. This software is so easy to use, not just for our staff, but also for educators and hospital staff. It's extremely easy for them to click a link and know the software will work without their having to call their IT staff to install software and test it over and over again. We have not had any problems whatsoever with connecting to Zoom or during our meetings that weren't related to our internet or end user's internet connection.

Cons

I'm hard pressed to pinpoint what I like least about this software. Seriously, it's easy to use, it has a lot of features, and everyone likes it. I would say maybe the cost is probably the worst thing about it. But honestly, it is not even that expensive.

Alberto josé R.

An alternative to communicate

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

The best tool to give presentations about business, virtual classes and group connections.

It is a very stable tool with a high quality. Since I use it, I do not even open my Skype.

Pros

Zoom seems to me a very good program as an alternative for all those people who use videoconferencing a lot. Some use Hangouts, others Skype, and it depends on what you as a user are looking for.

What I like most about Zoom is that it is a program that you can use to give a more business aspect to your presentations or virtual meetings since there are few people who know this application that has nothing to envy to Skype. In fact it seems a thousand times more stable and much more intuitive to use.

One of the features that I like most about this application is that it assigns you a unique room number (it would be something like your identification in the application). With this number you will be able to invite partners, friends, family, clients and potential prospects to connect to your room through this number. For example, my room has a number, that is, if someone enters that ID on the platform, it would be connected to my room.

Now, other things that I like about the application is the notification that is sent when someone tries to enter your room, before you have opened it.

I choose between Zoom and Skype, I would choose Zoom a thousand times.

Cons

Like any application, there is a paid version and a free version.

The only bad thing about having the free version is that you have a limit of 40 minutes each time you open your room. That is to say that if your presentation lasts 1 hour, after 40 minutes it will close and you will have to reopen it to finish the presentation.

So if you need more than 40 minutes to use your room I blindly recommend that you pay for the premium version. It will give you unlimited time and your capacity of participants in the room will increase considerably.

Samridh S.

Zoom - Conferencing at ease

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Zoom is the ultimate place to not just have a video meeting with people but be able to see all of the team members at once, interact with them while sharing your or other computer screen. It is perfect platform to make the best use of time when you have lot of team member who are located across different states of different countries.

Pros

Zoom video conferencing so easy to use that one needs no prior knowledge of how the system works. It has all the perks one needs. I like that with zoom there is a free account one can create and get started with it right away. I use it all the time with my project partner when we are unable to meet. The Zoom meeting allows us to exchange the control of sharing the screen and the best feature I like is we can give each other the control of mouse and keyboard as well for each others screen. With Zoom it practically feels like the other person is right next to you. This online video conferencing platform is widely used in many companies especially when there lot of virtual team members in a project. During my Graduate program projects some students are taking classes online and working with them is hard as there is no face to face interaction and chatting through emails or phone is not as productive. I have used zoom on all such projects and it helped me establish a good personal interaction with such team members and also gain their trust and make our project time a lot more productive.

Cons

Zoom if used as a free platform has some limitations such as number of participants on a video conferencing. Also time limit if there are 3 or more participants. To have uninterrupted video conference with lot of team members upgraded paid membership is required else you will be creating a new meeting every hour which is not such a huge issue considering its free but it is just a little hassle. Besides that I have not seen any drawbacks of using zoom so far.

Susan A.

Zoom offers the most convenient video conferences with efficient communication.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Zoom is most trending tool for attending meetings live from anywhere and it allows us to experience collaborative meetings. Quality of sound and video is very clear which is very helpful for us to understand others points clearly. Install easily on our smart devices and reliable for work. As per my personal experience this tool need more updates for work more smoothly.

Pros

Zoom is one of the most trending tools for video conferencing and all of its features are relatively easy for use. We can attend our important business meetings live from anywhere which is very useful option for us. Controls and functionality are very simple to use even new user can use this tool easily. Video quality is very clear which helps us to understand others points clearly. Zoom is very helpful option which provide us single platform where we can describe about our projects easily. It provides us great experience of video conferencing and it’s easy to install on our systems and reliable for work.

Cons

Zoom is an online tool for conferencing but sometime while we are working with slow data we are unable to experience clear video conferencing. Sometime while working with this tool little glitches appeared during call and this tool is bit expensive. Chat feature is good but more templates would be useful for us. Mobile version doesn’t perform well so need more updates for reliable work.

Todd B.

Critical for Medium to Large Remote Companies

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

This is video conferencing made available to nearly anyone with it being available on every major platform and supports dial in. If you work with teams of 10 or more and need video conferencing I've found no other service that work better.

We use Zoom at my company for every meeting from 1:1s to All Hands meetings of 90+ people (up to 500 I believe). Overall the product is quite simple and makes Video and VOIP calling easy. It has a great ability to allow you to schedule video calls in the future and share a link to the video. This is super handy for calls within your team or outside.

Pros

It makes video calling with large groups super easy, allows for video call record, easy invite with a link to call, scheduling calls. I use the Desktop app most the time, but the mobile app has been very handy for calls on the go. I've never used a video conferencing app that can support so many callers in one session, makes for a pretty magical experience to bring your whole team together from literally across the world.

Cons

Zoom for me does have call stability issues. Overall I have relatively rock solid internet connection, yet it can drop video calls from time to time. The tricky thing is it's hard to know who drops the call. It's a con, but I want to be gracious to Zoom because they essentially perform a miracle every time you make a call with tons of people. I wish they had a better way to downgrade video performance but keep video calls live.

The truth still stands that I'm not sure anyone else is doing what they are capable of, so overall still very pleased despite the occasional hiccup with connection.

The Best All-Around Conferencing Program

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

Zoom allows me to work! For yeas I've taught lessons online, and exclusively used Zoom. Because of its amazing reliability all over the world, I don't ever have to worry about having a backup plan. Zoom lets me do what I do best, and I couldn't recommend them more.

Pros

1. It's very easy for people who don't have Zoom installed to join your meeting -- they just click the link and they're in.
2. Excellent audio and video quality, especially if an attendee is in a place where connectivity is poor.
3. Very good value for money
4. Add-ons such as breakout rooms and webinars
5. Advanced screenshare and annotation features, including sharing computer audio
6. Ability to use either the computer audio or dial-in from a telephone

Finally -- and I coudln't say how this happened -- but in 2016 I emailed them saying that I couldn't figure out how to do certain things on the platform and wanted to cancel, and Eric Yuan, the CEO of the company, got on a Zoom meeting with me to explain how to make Zoom meet my needs. And to be clear, I wasn't an enterprise customer on a huge plan -- I had the lowest of all individual subscriptions. That interaction made me a fan for life.

Cons

There's very little that I don't like. I dislike that in the mobile version if I switch to another application it turns my video off, but that may apply to competitors as well. Sometimes if a person has high security settings on their machine, the download wont' be automatic. Having it at as a stand-alone application has many advantages, but the disadvantage is that it's not quite as simple as a browser-based webapp.

Surender B.

Best tool for video conferencing with prominent features

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

I strongly recommend Zoom if one wants to share high quality video conferencing. It is easily integrated with mailing system like Microsoft Outlook.

Zoom is a must in todays world to speedup the performance of team goal because enterprises decision are easy by video sharing. Overall Zoom provides a lovely solution. Just loving it.

Pros

Zoom provides various top class features mentioned below:

1. Zoom provides top class video, audio and screen sharing features with your connected peer contacts.

2. Well suited for team collaboration where remote peer contacts can join a video conferencing meeting on one click with meeting code.

3. Its most prominent features is its cloud video features where we can host webinars with high quality of video and audio.

4. Zoom is greatly suited to small and large scales companies where video or audio sharing is a must need.

5. We can integrate this with Microsoft Outlook where one can fetch meeting schedules.

6. Overall its a beautiful feature is that user interface is awesome and all things are just one click away.

7. Video quality is top rated in can be saved in multiple video formats.

Cons

I didn't found anything missing here but below are some area where Zoom can enhance their service:

1. CPU usage goes high when doing video conferencing.

2. Because of this screen got stuck sometimes and seem system is hang.

One of the Best Video Conferencing Softwares

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

The company I owned had 70% of our contract employees in different countries. I was so tired of using Skype because it was unreliable. I had dropped calls, poor audio, and video, with numerous other problems. I started using Zoom for all of our video conferencing needs and have not looked back.

The audio and video quality is excellent. I have not had any problems with dropped calls or low-quality audio. We would normally have 8+ people on the call and it just worked easily for everyone.

Anybody can share their screen to show what they are working on. One of my favorite features is being able to record the session after it was finished. Being able to record is nice for anybody that might have missed the meeting they can go back and watch what they missed.

The app worked great for Android. I do not have an IOS and so I can not speak about the IOS app but I'm sure it works the same.

Cons

It is hard to think of something that I didn't like about the software or something I had problems with. Maybe it would be nice to see a little more customization options during the video conference. Such as you can adjust all of the video windows to any size you want and allow multiple levels of options per the user. This is really not a big deal but it would just be nice.

This is a great software, it's light and not very demanding in regards to PC specs.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

After looking for so many programs to use on my laptop, I found Zoom. It has everything I need, a board, efficiently sharing my screen and in good quality, fluent audio, and I can send invite links to my students and friends. The fact that I can record the calls, including the video, without a huge detriment in my RAM, also stands out, because I used to use one program for calling my clients and another one to record them.

avorites:
1. Easy screen recording. You just click the recording button when you start and when the meeting ends, it just takes a little bit to render and then it will be in your folder as an MP4.
2. Private and general chats.
3. Board with every necessary tool to explain anything I need.
4. Performance on my laptop.

Cons

I have no cons.

I still can't think of anything bad to say about this, so, at the moment, I have no cons to speak of.

Nickolas R.

Conecting the team in 4 different locations

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Overall, our team has had only positive experiences using Zoom Video Conferencing. As mentioned, we have team members in different offices around Aus, NZ and Manila and using Zoom it helps us be able to connect with another and use it to our advantage. Whether it is a Work In Progress meeting, or a walkthrough of our processes or just general support as a staff needing help, Zoom makes it super easy and simple to connect and get the job done.
A click of a button and you're in a meeting, and another click and you can invite any user you want.

Pros

What i love about Zoom is that it is so easy to connect the digital team from multiple cities, sydney, melbourne and manila, in a simple click of the button. Being able to schedule meetings, send out invitation codes and easily coordinate digital team meetings helps make the team run a smooth sailing ship.

One thing we love about this software is that it allows us to share screens with each other. When a team member is having a problem, a quick zoom call, screen share, and the problem is fixed. Integrating with a mobile and ipad app helps so much as you dont need to be on your computer to assist the team, or to attend a meeting.

Cons

The only things that i think are holding back the software is that it consumes a lot of power when using it on a lap top or mobile device, its expected but make sure a charger is handy. I think it would be great if you have some controls over the picture. Sometimes i want to make my image brighter and it would be amazing if it can integrate that in the future.

Great video and audio - But I love the animated GIFs best!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Our institution is using this product for instruction and meetings, and has generally been well received. There are bugs to work out and training is necessary, but overall it's been an improvement over the last product.

Pros

Our institution recently starting using Zoom after having another similar product. I believe part of the decision to move to Zoom was the capability of having Zoom Rooms where you purchase the equipment to have a full conference video and audio set up as opposed to the other option, where the equipment was purchased separately. The audio for Zoom is much better than when we used a call in conference line only. The interface on the iPad is fairly easy to understand, but you would need IT support to set up a zoom room. The desktop application integrates with Outlook, and we can schedule the Zoom meetings along with our outlook meetings, which is an advantage. It's also fairly easy to download the app on your phone or tablet and participate in meetings that way. My coworkers and I enjoy using the chat feature of Zoom and most especially the searchable animated GIFs. These GIFs come with the software and are hilarious. You can have person to person or group chats and you can save and name your groups.

Cons

It's taken some practice to set up a meeting using the zoom technology with the app, and sometimes we'd have trouble with sound if one computer was set up to display information such as a presentation, in the same room the Zoom equipment is in. Hearing feedback from the mics and trying to figure out who to mute or turn off their microphone. Even with my IT Director, we struggled to get the sounds from a presentation to play in the room through HDMI, and have it project to those watching from another device. This may just take troubleshooting.

Neil D.

Zoom is fairly decent web conferencing software similar to google hangouts but for a big audience

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

It is more sophisticated than using Google Hangouts, Join.me or Skype. For hosting web conferences to 100-200 people it does excel in that area. We are using it as our daily driver and we have had mainly positive feedback from our users in the team.

Pros

I like that it is very easy to get up and running with Zoom even without reading any of the tutorials, readme's or getting started videos. The application is great on the Mac OS X, really big buttons make it simple and straightforward to host a web con quickly, with just 5 buttons, less is more definitely more. The settings is easy to get to as its in the top right, contacts and chats is also a click away on the bottom nav bar. It feels pretty effortless to both join and leave calls.

Cons

I don't like that when you join a web con, it some times goes full screen straight away. Now I have never looked into the configuration but that is most def one of the most annoying things about the application. It's also a bit tricky to check what settings are active on a web conference. For me - the 2 things I want to go when joining a meeting of 100+ participants is (a) Turn off my web camera (b) Mute my microphone and honestly it should be easier to do this on the app. Perhaps an incognito mode. But I always get the feeling I am fumbling around to do this when I join a call.

7.0/10
Gurleen K.

Zoom Video Conferencing - A Tool for Webinars.

Reviewed on 2019/01/06

Overall experience is good and I strongly recommend it over skype and other screen share tool as it is the most convenient way to setup the meetings. The user interface also user friendly and easy to understand. Host and participant both can share his\her screen without any lag and loss of connection.

Pros

Zoom Video Conferencing is the best way to setup the meeting online. Online good for online training and meeting. Best feature in it is that we can create the Conference Rooms for meeting by sending the business invite. The cross-platform messaging and File Sharing also help in making the tool more relevant. We can also set the zoom level of the screen as the host and client can be using the different screen resolution. It also show the notification when a new user join the room and a group chat also help to communicate.

Cons

The free version is having 40 minutes time limitation & 100 participants limit. Voice over computer is not as good as VoIP, So I strongly recommend it using VoIP. Participant can un-mute his/her mic by his own as I don't like this it should be controlled by the host only by raise hand or un-mute request should be there.

Jeffrey H.

Changed the way I work

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

Despite these scheduling issues, Zoom is the best option out there for business video conferencing. It has significantly decreased my need to travel to see clients and it has improved my ability to increase "face time" with them without the expense or time drain of actually traveling to their location. For that along, it is worth every penny!

Pros

Zoom is the most reliable and stable video conferencing service I have found. I've used Go to Meeting, Skype, and WebEx in the past and have found them both less reliable and more complicated from a user's perspective. Zoom makes video conferencing easy and the quality of the feed, sound, and chat are impressive.

Cons

While scheduling a meeting in Zoom is straight forward, its integration with other calendar platforms like Outlook can be a challenge. Sometimes it works well and other times the meeting web link doesn't appear on the calendar invite. I have also found that Zoom occasionally "freezes" on me if I am using it on public wifi or on a wifi connection I have never used before. I also find Skype to be easier to use for international calls since Zoom isn't as widely used outside of the US.

Zoom makes recording & sharing client meetings and breeze

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

I love Zoom. It has helped me and my colleagues easily run virtual meetings with potential and current clients. I love the ability to go back, easily watch recordings, and even skim through the searchable transcripts. This is also been helpful since free tools like Google Hangouts does not allow you to invite more than 10 people on a call at once where Zoom can accommodate our whole company.

Pros

There are two primary reason I love Zoom

1) It is extremely easy to use for clients, even for those who are not very tech savvy. I can simply create a meeting, add a Zoom link (the Zoom chrome extension for google calendar is great for this), and email them the link. At the day/time of the meeting they can join in with just one click. It even walks them through the audio/ camera process. With other softwares we've had it could take up to 5-10 minutes to troubleshoot with the client to get them on the virtual meeting

2) I love the ability to upload recordings to a cloud and send the recording (with a searchable transcript!) to the client via a shareable link. This makes it not only easy to share but also allows me to quickly review my call with a client before a follow-up meeting.

Cons

Nothing so far and I've been using Zoom for almost a year now on almost a daily basis.

Video conferencing by Zoom

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

For professional meetings, I have been using Skype, Zoom and GotoMeeting. But I found Zoom to be most convenient. Zoom provided free session for like 40 minutes. Then after that you have to reconnect. Their customer support is not great at the moment though.

Pros

The best point of Zoom is that you can add hundreds of participants. This is so challenging to do on Skype. With so many participants, Zoom runs quite smoothly. Another differentiating point of this software is that instead of a user name, it has a meeting ID. So you can create a separate meeting ID for every meeting. There is one permanent ID and many temporary IDs. With temporary IDs, we can keep all the participants separate and private. They are never able to contact back till they are allowed to. Zoom has also been working smoothly on a mobile device even while driving. So that means, unlike Skype, it can work at a very low bandwidth.

Cons

The weak point of Zoom is that it can not work independently. In order to inform my colleagues for a meeting and other communication, first I have to send them a message by email or other chat programs. Then we connect through Zoom. This is little annoying. Another point is that Zoom also allows meeting recording. This process is quite straight forward. First it heats up my computer. Secondly it has multiple buttons to be pressed to start a video recording. But the good part is that at the end it does not produce a MP4 file too big.

Kelly D.

Zooming right along!

Reviewed on 2018/12/22
Review Source

Pros

This app was a huge boon to my fledgling business. My clients and I work face to face and across the globe. I am able to record (or not) any group reading or group coaching session and one on one sessions. My clients are then able to go back and replay to their hearts content. I LOVE using this app with my clients it is a more personal and intimate setting than a phone call.
I have been able to connect Zoom with multiple apps to streamline my clients scheduling experience. My scheduler and this app dovetail to give my clients instant access to when and where our meeting will be held.
I can use this app on my cell phone, tablet, or laptop the versatility is wonderful for someone who is always on the go. If you're thinking about using this app for meetings or client consultations you will not be disappointed! Get it! Get it! Get it!

Cons

I rarely have issues with the app at all. The only thing I've noticed is that when I log in for a client meeting sometimes it will change my status to not available and I've had to reset that a couple times because my client wasn't able to connect with me until I did. Other than that I have no complaints about this app.

Shilpa H.

Very easy and second most widely used conferencing tool at work

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

-Very reliable video conferencing. I mainly use for video chat, screen sharing and record conversations
Options are very easy to understand and use even for the beginners

-Easy to manage participants

-During brown bag sessions I can easily mute everyone to avoid unwanted disturbances

-Other features like ‘Play Entry/Exit Chime’ may sound simple things, but these alerts are very handy when you are muted and working on something and have forgotten you are signed in to the call

-Private messaging or message everyone is very useful and we use that feature when discussing on the talk or ask questions.

-I have used it to review documents with globally distributed family.

-Desktop video clarity is amazing

-I have used Advanced sharing options where I can choose between sharing one or multiple participants and also able to control who can share.

-Their online help is very extensive and helpful for beginners

Cons

Free version is available only for 40 min and logs out the users once the time is reached.
-Mobile version screenshare is not very impressive, I have had audio and video clarity issues

-If I want to just take the zoom call from my phone for muting my laptop video, it was challenging to find the dial-in number. Would have been good to show the dial-in number when user logs in or joins conference.

-Need a way to hand over the meeting to another host

- A good to have feature where I can take screenshots and save them on my machine rather than recording entire session

Abhinav K.

Zoom a channel for Connectivity.

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Zoom is providing a channel to communicate. Sharing details with client is also make this easy. Their is no more technical requirement for using this software as it having a very user friendly interface.

Pros

Zoom Video Conferencing or zoom.us is a great application for setup the meeting . Scheduling a meeting and sending an invites for meeting is a fun loving part of it. A large number of group easily join the video/audio conferences from remote location. Mobile application for android and iOS is also having group support. Screen sharing a particulate application from a complete OS is also possible. Recording of the session can be save also. Third party integrity to join the session by VoIP bridge is also very interesting. User interface is also user friendly, user using it first time can also understand it functionality easily.

Cons

A must needed feature is Auto focus to mouse, when host is using large screen size and viewer is viewing it with 100% zoom on it's small screen he/she might can view the 75% screen only and when presenter move the mouse to other hidden portion it should automatically move to it on. Presenter mouse should provide the multiple type of highlighter.

The best audio / video quality

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

I've tried many video conferencing system, but Zoom is simply the best! Their codec allow you to have a video quality and above all audio without rivals.

The software is really easy to use and even the free version allows you to fully use most of the features, even if it's limited to 40 minutes when you exceed two participants.

The possibility of recording is very convenient. In the Pro version it's also possible to record directly in the cloud, so as to have a recording even in case of problem to your PC.

Cross-platform support is great, even using mobile phoness or tablets is fluid. Very useful also the possibility to participate with the audio using a normal phone, with hundreds of international numbers to call at the cost of a local call.

They're also adding a lot of new features, like a new chat system (Slack-like)

Cons

I find it a bit heavy in the use of resources. Sometimes when using video the CPU reaches 100% and the PC slows down

Chaucer W.

Not bulletproof, but the basic service is good value for the money

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

We use the basic paid Zoom service for in-house conferences, training, and such. It's great for our needs, but if you are seeking a solution that scales to large numbers of people with bulletproof reliability, I can't say how this product will stack up in terms of either price or performance.

Pros

Ease-of-use.
Simple sharing of video conferencing invitations
Simple options for phone-in participation,
Ability to record sessions.
The basic package is good value for the money. We use the service for inter-office conference calls, screensharing, software training, and recording instructional videos.

Cons

If you plan on conducting lengthy, business-critical video calls, or if client video/screensharing conferences are a major part of your daily routine, I would recommend doing robust internal testing before rolling this service out to clients. I have found that with longer conference sessions there tend to be more connection failures than is ideal, especially if you are recording the session. Also, keep in mind that client-side software is required to participate. Installation is fast and easy, but that requirement could still be a hurdle in locked down IT environments or mass-market webinars.

Martha T.

One of the best tools for large companies

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

Overall, this software works really well and is very professional. If you are looking to use a certain software for video conferencing I would really recommend that you give Zoom a try.

Pros

I really like how easy and adaptable Zoom has been for my company. We have switched back from other programs and found that Zoom works best for us. It has a lot of features that other programs don't have. Zoom has a more professional aspect about it and so it works really well when you are having business meetings with clients. It is also nice that you are in a group room and you can send people invites to join the room. You can choose to allow certain people to enter the room and kick people out of the room. It also notifies you when someone new has joined the group room. You can also take control of the screen of other peoples device and you can show the screen of your device to the room. This is a very nice feature because it allows you to show people in the meeting certain digital things.

Cons

I do not have a lot of cons about Zoom. There have been a few times where the connection has been dropped or it has been hard to start a connection between certain people. Also, I have found that if you get a large number of people in the room you can start to lag somewhat. I have only noticed this a few different times.