iGradePlus Reviews

iGradePlus

Online gradebook & school management system

4.8/5 (64 reviews)
Jeffrey U.

Revelatory! Changed my whole professional life.

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Within three months of implementing iGradePlus everything had changed. My students were 500% calmer, more focused, and better-motivated. Even the only marginally academic ones were working harder, because my school is a sports-focused school, and most of my kids hate to lose at anything, including grades, so when they can see their grades and know I´m keeping score (and know their parents can see as well) it makes them want to work hard to win. Also my students quickly came to trust me more because they could see at any time exactly how I was grading them, and they could adjust when they needed to. The better students even started correcting ME when I would make mistakes in data entry! And then we were on the same team- us against the computer. My job was no longer to judge my students, but rather to help them to get the grades to say what my students wanted their grades to say.

Also, iGradePlus´s customer service is among the best I´ve ever encountered. During the implementation process I contacted the company VERY frequently and they always replied within 24 hours. Not only that, but they were friendly, professional, and responsive- really able to listen to my concerns and take action, even to the extent of implementing features in the software that I had requested. Bug fixes were often immediate.

Pros

iGradePlus has completely changed my professional life, and the educational life of my students. Gone are the days when I had to run around like a harried parent, making sure students knew what was going on and what it could mean for them. Now the information about what they need to do and what it means to their grade is there, always-accessible online, clear and transparent. They have no excuses, they always know where they stand, and it is instantly clear to them and their parents what they need to do to improve. I have to do a fraction of the hard discipline and motivation that I used to do, because when kids can see their situation clearly they generally want to do the best they can with it. And when parents also know exactly what is going on they easily can see how to help. And most parents, in their hearts I´ve found, truly want to help if only they know what the problem is and HOW to help.
My first report card and parents´ evening with iGradePlus were an absolute revelation. There was no stress, no tears, no frantic negotiations and threats from parents- everyone walked in already knowing what the current grade was, and more or less which categories of grades and activities were the problem. We spent our time not arguing but pleasantly discussing subtleties of the students´ challenges, feelings, and strengths. Other teachers started to notice how relaxed I was at grade time, and now much of my school is using iGradePlus.

Tatiana R.

Fantastic Teacher Tool

Reviewed on 2017/04/22

iGradePlus has provided a lot of great resources for me as a teacher. The gradebook is easy to use and offers parents access at all times to see how their child is doing. It aslo offers a way to track attendance and behavior issues. Some other great features are the different blogs and the calendar.

I would like to see the attendance and behavior log to either be on the main login page for parents or to set up email notifications to parents when a log is made. Eventually, I'd love it if it incorporated a place to make lesson plans as well.

Overall, this is an amazing website. I have introduced it to several other teachers at my school and they really like it as well. Along with being a great resource, they also offer fantastic customer service. Any time I've ever had a question or needed something fixed, they have responded very quickly and worked hard to solve any issues. I will continue to use this service and I look forward to what new features they will roll out with next!

Pros

iGradePlus has provided a lot of great resources for me as a teacher. The grade book is easy to use and offers parents access at all times to see how their child is doing. It also offers a way to track attendance and behavior issues. Some other great features are the different blogs and the calendar.

Gwendolyn S.

iGradePlus has all the features I need and want! It is very reliable.

Reviewed on 2017/10/15

* iGradePlus is easily personalizable. I found it easy to input my grade percentages and the info that I wanted to have easy access to. The system is also easy to input grades and assignment information into
* My students have easy access to their the record of their assignments, due dates, and grades.
* The system is very use-friendly.
* The price is right.
* Most online grading systems are set up for entire schools to use, so finding a system that was inexpensive and easily usable by one person was wonderful!

Pros

I love the fact that it is so flexible -- I can set the system up to reflect my grading system -- but the system is not complicated to use or set up. It is 100% reliable. In 14 months I have never found the system down.

It is easy to use. There are multiple ways "in" to every screen, which makes it a joy to use when you flip from Algebra 2 attendance to inputting the grade for one student from Precalculus to checking exactly how many students are in Geometry to inputting another assignment for Algebra 1.

Since I teach classes for homeschoolers, I have no school affiliation and no help with costs. The fact that iGradePlus is quite inexpensive means a lot to me!

Kim B.

Easy to navigate and user-friendly...

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

I would highly recommend this software! It has helped me beyond measure in our small school!

Pros

I teach at a small Christian school, and this program is an affordable way to have an online grade book and share it with students and parents. It is easy-to-use for this, "tech-challenged" teacher! I can access my grade book from home or from school, and can work at my leisure. I can easily view entire grades from my whole class, or just target one student and his or her grades per subject. It has been a life-saver!

Cons

I cannot find anything truly negative about this software! Whenever I had a problem, Customer Service was quick to help me out. For those of you that are trying this out--Don't forget to hit "Save" if you have to step away for a bit! I have made that mistake several times. :)

Steve G.

I've used iGradePlus for 3 years now and only high praise for this program and the people behind it!

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Pros

Having worked with a couple of different grade recording programs over the years, I truly appreciate how user friendly the program is. Teachers don't need to spend a lot of extra time with complicated procedures for entering grades. Also, I am operating from a small mission school in Haiti and we have had some special needs over the last couple of years and the service behind the scenes has been second to none. I seriously can't imagine getting the sort of personalized attention we have received from the folks at iGradePlus anywhere else.

Cons

My only frustrations in using the program have stemmed from the quality of our local internet connections here in Haiti and not really anything that iGradePlus would have control over!

Extremely satisfied with the support and assistance from the Igrade team

Reviewed on 2017/12/02

First, I built my database for my users. With this information, I can easily find parent names and contact information. Next, having the ability to mass email my students by class was a time saver. The software keeps a history of the email activity so I can easily access the history. Most importantly, I was able to attach a large document to a particular course. This was a huge advantage for me as well as my students. Overall, the software far exceeds my expectations and is easy to use.

Pros

Having the ability to attach multiple documents to my assignments and copy my grade book each year are my favorite functions of the software. The software is organized and easy to use which saves me time. An additional feature that I found helpful is documenting a student's performance on a particular assignment. With this online history, students and parents can easily track and understand scores. Also, I can quickly review and discuss assignment scores.

Austin R.

Switching to Igradeplus has been a great choice for our school

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

This is a very affordable, yet effective way to manage our student's grades, attendance, registration. We have had it for almost a year and it has been very helpful!

Pros

About a year and a half ago our school had been using another online grade book that caused us one headache after another. After switching to Igradeplus, many of the problems from before have vanished. It is very reliable and easy to use. At our school we have many different teachers logging in and entering grades and attendance, so having a software that is straight forward and fast is a must. And even though it has made registration, attendance, grading etc easier, the customer service is where Igradeplus really pulls ahead. When I run into a problem that I can't seem to figure out, I simply send an email to the developer and normally on the same day I will receive a reply that walks me through the hang up. Or if there isn't a feature that we need, I'll ask. And they take care of it! It's hard to find that kind of service anymore.

Cons

The only search feature is the browser's "Command+F" or "Control+F"option. Normally this works alright, but there have been many times when we look for a student and the browser's search option hasn't been able to locate the student.

Carmen G.

User friendly program

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Pros

Very easy to use and you are able to customize grade scale and categories. Students are able to see their grades and you can make notes on grades when entered (if they lost points for something you can state why). But, they will have to click on the note to see it.

Cons

You can break your classes down by semester, but you have to keep that particular gradebook active if you want to use the same students again. Once you archive a gradebook then you have to re-enter all your students. It will not let you archive an individual class, you have to archive the Gradebook.

Sylvia V.

We started with iGrade in 2015 when it was still beta. It has been a great, user friendly program.

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Ease of use and affordability.

Pros

It's ease of use and the personal and quick attention from the program writer himself with any questions we have. I can email customer support anytime and he will get back to me that day, usually within hours. He is also readily available to our teachers and has listened to our suggestions for improvement. Our teachers as well as our counselors, who reference iGrade for attendance and grades, have all expressed how pleased they are with the program.

Cons

Any cons were minor and usually concerned features that were still in the works. Customer support was quick to respond to our concerns and kept us updated as to when new features would be rolling out.

Todd K.

Positive experience.

Reviewed on 2017/10/15

I can easily grade my students and provide access for my parents to check their child's grade. It makes it easier to record grades, and communicate with parents.

Pros

The different feature it offers. Parent communication portal is a nice feature and the parents use it a lot. I like being able to have the freedom to create my grade book like I want it. I like how I can color code the classes.

Cons

It is hard to make a basic , class list in report. It is too complex to make a report. It like to send a progress report and sometimes send out a missing work report. There never seems to be the exact report I want to make. So ease of making reports.

Shay C.

I have used many gradebooks over the years, and I can honestly say that iGradePlus is the best one.

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Makes my life so much easier. I can enter grades from my computer, tablet or phone. Set up is very easy!

Pros

It is very user friendly and can be customized for each user. I use it at the college level and I can do exactly what I want with it. I love that the students always have access to their grades. Students definitely prefer it over other programs. Customer service is excellent! My emails are always promptly answered.

iGradePlus is easy to use and whenever I have questions, the customer service is very responsive!

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

It is easy to use and many nice features from tracking attendance and assignments to keeping journal notes by student. I have used the iGradePlus for over 4 years and each year many new and helpful updates have been added.

Cons

I am very pleased with this software and have not experienced any headaches with it. It would be nice to see more options for customized reports and perhaps an app to use with a iPad/tablet.

Timmy F.

Easy Grader

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I use to spend so much time grading papers until this software came out. I am now able to grade papers faster than ever.

Pros

I love this software because it makes my job easier. It allows me to grade tests faster than ever. I am able to focus less time on grading papers and more on what matters most. Teaching has just gotten better with iGradePlus.

Cons

No cons for this software because it has just become a teacher's best friend.

Lori B.

Nursing college use of igradeplus

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

Easy to navigate, reliable storage of information, terrific pricing, excellent customer service! I have used multiple providers over the years and found this software to be of great quality for the price and service you receive.

Pros

Easy to navigate, reliable for information storage.

Cons

I would like to see money management software for the tuition that both the student could make payments or be set on auto pay and the financial department can keep track of finances.

IGrade Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

IGradePlus has been very helpful for accountability purposes.

Pros

The software is easy to use and saves information from the previous years. I am a special education teacher and have the same students for multiple years. The site allows me to gauge student growth as well as helping me identify previous lessons, preventing me from repeating lessons.

Cons

I have not encountered cons wit this software.

Leslie D.

Best Grading Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

One this tool is free especially for teachers who are on a budget. The ease of putting grades in and then setting up my own grading scale is a wonderful tool.

Cons

It would be nice with just a click to print out progress report for the students since they all are in the same subjects and grade. I would like to print a report for Johnny with his Math , English, Science and History grade all on one page. If I wanted a detail report I could print that with their assignments and average on it but I just want to print a report with just the average.

Wendy S.

Excellent free gradebook option

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I work in a very small setting with non-traditional students. We are not supplied an online gradebook like teachers who work in school districts. iGradePlus has worked very well for us. Thank you.

Pros

I like that it's free. I like that I can customize grade entries based on individual student needs.

Cons

In some cases you have to click a lot of times to get to the place where you want to be in the gradebook.

Carol S.

I was so relieved when I found igradeplus.com! I was a former Engrade user.

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Ease of grading and record keeping
Good for parent/teacher communication
Promotes student responsibility of success

Pros

There are so many options available on the site. I like that the students have timely access to their progress (and missing assignments). Parents like the availability of daily updates on their child's progress. Igradeplus.com has become even more user friendly from when I first joined. I also appreciate how quickly I receive responses when I request customer support. It feels very personable.

Donnamarie S.

igradeplus review

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

I have had the best experience using igradeplus, I have been with them for a many years and would not use any other program, they are very reliable and offer many ways to keep track of your grades, attendance, behavior and the students progress.

Pros

All of it, I have not had a problem with it and I am so glad it has such great tools.

Cons

I do not have any complaints

Ishtiaque H.

Excellent online gradebook.

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

In general, I found the application to be quite useful. The best value for your money. It stacks up with the other online gradebooks very well, and is better in many aspects. Managing student scores and grades is significantly easier for me now. I highly recommend this application, especially to individual teachers.

Pros

Amazing application. Very affordable. Comes with a ton of useful features, yet very user friendly. Being able to import student data from a CSV file was a big plus for me. Entering scores is fairly straightforward and automated grade calculation is a nice touch. Navigating your way around the application is a breeze. Communicating with students and parents could not be any easier. Customer support is undoubtedly among the best in my experience. Response from support usually comes within a few minutes. They will try their best to solve whatever issue you are having.

Cons

Just nitpicking here, an option to have raw scores only in the grades scales configuration would be nice.

Christopher W.

Great grading program. Able to email parents with frequent progress reports. Lots of options.

Reviewed on 2017/10/15

Pros

I like that the email reports feature is easy to use, and that the set up is clear. Best of all, every time I had an issue, I got full product support. Usually may minor complaint was fixed in a day or two.

Cons

Once you fill in with the default entries on an assignment, it is will not undo them, or let you change to other default entries. Got to get it right the first time.

Bryan H.

Making the Grade

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

This has made teaching so much easier for me.

Pros

i like the fact that students and parents can see what their child's grade ares without having to get into contact with me about it. parents can see what their needs to do as far as missed assignments and test that they need to retake.

Cons

What i liked least about this is that i didn't it earlier in my teaching profesion.

Catherine H.

Fantastic program. Our school could not function without it.

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

The administration, staff and faculty use this program daily. It allows us to post grades immediately and is our primary method of communicating with students.

Pros

Incredibly user friendly. The customer service always responds quickly, usually within 20 minutes. Students can follow their grades in real time and it is our primary method of student body communication. During hurricane Harvey, this program was invaluable in regards to communicating quickly with students. We have been beyond pleased and look forward to the future upgrades.

Stephanie S.

I have been using this program for over a year for my classes and find it very versatile and useful

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

One-stop-shopping experience to handle all the tasks for managing and maintaining a class.

Pros

I like the ease of use and that it is a one-stop-shopping kind of application. I can record grades, communicate with students and parents, and delineate assignments all in one place.

Cons

I have sometimes had difficulty getting access but customer support to rectify the situation has been amazing

Joy S.

iGradePlus

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

I find iGradePlus an extremely helpful tool. The pages are easy to access and navigate. I can communicate with parents easily about students grades and incomplete work. In addition, anytime I have had a technical issue Mr. Warble has responded promptly and taken care of the issue quickly.

Pros

Easy to use; quick response to issues

Cons

I cannot access past student records