iGradePlus

Online gradebook & school management system

4,8
Donyelly S.
Industry: Veterinary

One Stop Shop of Functionality

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Overall, The use of iGradePlus has made my management of over 250 students in over ten classes, with multiple assignment a breeze. I no longer have to use multiple spreadsheets to track attendance, scores, grades, and communications.

Pros

I love the versatility of the platform. There are so many functions that work well together. The software is well integrated and very thought out. The pathway from page to page is logical and intuitive. Anytime I had an issue with the iGradePlus, I received a response swiftly. And they are eager to take suggestions as well.

Cons

There are some functionalities of the newest upgrade that are still in beta or not as functional, but I am confident that they are working out the bugs, such as bulletins and memos. I would like to see a search function for the email content. I've used it for so long, my emails have grown.

Gwenda W.

Customized Reports

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

It has taken me a good bit of time to learn it and adapt it to our needs. The hours invested has paid off.

Pros

As an alternative school we are not connected to the district SIS. We still give grades and needed a platform that would allow for professional looking reports. This software allows for reports to be streamlined and customized to each teacher's preference, too.

Cons

The mapping is a little difficult to navigate. I find myself hunting for the link to complete a task and it isn't where I would expect it to be.

Mike V.

iGrade Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

I have worked with other administrative programs and find iGrade to be somewhat "clunky" to use. I really do not like the feature that moves all assignments from one year to the next. I change assignments every year and now have to delete them as we move from one marking period to the next.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to input grades and assignments. Attendance is also very easy to take care of at the beginning of each class.

Cons

There is little information on students and families for communicating with them through iGrade. It can be cumbersome to adjust grade scales, although I do not know if this is an iGrade issue or administrative issue at the school I am currently serving.

Sandra M.
Company size: Self Employed

iGrade is awesome!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Pros

As an individual instructor, working with a collective of vendors this platform seamlessly marries to meet the record-keeping our parents and students need. Our student's personal information is kept secure and our educators have a record book that makes communication a breeze. It was simple to set up for each teacher and class. Parents can join easily . Additional parents, tutors and educators can be added to monitor multiple students. Marvin's rapid response to development ideas makes me feel like my organization is his sole focus rather than treating my industry like a red-headed step child. iGradePlus.com has helped our collective in this rapidly changing world of distance education.

Cons

Intergration into Google Classroom would be a lovely next step.

Alicia C.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Outstanding product!

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Igrade is a great product with many features that make it stand out in its industry. Without question, the customer service is by far the thing I am most impressed with. I have used other SIS programs/online gradebooks and have been happy with the service provided, but have found igrade to be slightly a cut above the rest. It is clear that the creators of igrade are eager to offer a product that serves its customers. Upgrades I have requested have been implemented and their communication is by far the best I have experienced in the industry. Again, the customer service really is the deciding factor for me!

Pros

Features such as the news feed, calendar and bulletin board make communicating with parents, students and staff easy. While posting in the previous areas of igrade, an email can be sent simultaneously, streamlining my to-do list. Schedules are color-coded and easy to read. Making changes to schedules is quick and easy. I love the ability to customize who messages (emails through igrade) are sent to. I often need to send messages to 400-500 recipients which would need to be split into additional messages through my business email account.

Cons

There are two minor "cons" but both can easily be worked with as they are.

1) There are times when it would be very helpful to view grades of several assignments (from a block of time) and all students in the class, such it is with a traditional (paper) gradebook. As it is, I am able to view all assignments from one student or the grade average for all students in a specific class.

2) The messaging system utilizes personal email accounts instead of having an internal messaging system. The igrade account holder (student) has full access to the email account in which their student portal has been registered with. This is not an issue as long as parents are made aware of this. NO parent has complained about this feature...they simply use a different email address if privacy is wanted.

Dan R.

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Overall I really like iGradePlus and highly recommend it.

Pros

I like how this software is easy to use. It accomplishes exactly what we need to do without all kinds of confusing extras. It does not require training in order for staff members to begin using it. In addition, I like the price. As a smaller, private school with a limited budget, iGradePlus is actually affordable for us unlike many other high powered management programs.

Cons

I dislike the calendar and teacher planning options. I am unaware of any way to integrate other calendars into iGradePlus. So our school uses both Microsoft 365 and Google as platforms. I wish there was a way to integrate one of these.

Luis S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

iGradePlus is made for teachers with minimal tech skills.

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

This is our third year using it for our campus. Teachers are comfortable and really like the new features as they are rolled out. Very well priced when we compared to other vendors.

Pros

Easy to roll out and implement. Teachers were able to begin using it immediately with single session training. Response to questions, suggestions and bug reporting are acknowledged quickly. Communicating with parents is really easy and privacy is maintained when sending a group message.

Cons

Reports are a bit hard to customize, unable to customize certain sections.

Annette C.

Teacher tools

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

Grading evidence for meetings, and ease of use for students and parents.

Pros

The ability to communicate with students and parents with ease. Posting student work and grades make grading and creating a portfolio of student completed work for Parent, IEP, or 504 meetings a perfect place for evidence of student growth.

Cons

None at this time. If I do have any questions about changes. There is always a quick response.

Antonette L.

Second year

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

Very user friendly with several features to print reports on individual students.

Pros

Ths is a very user friendly product that has multiple uses in addition to managing grades and assignments. the bulletin board and empoyee/student evaluations are quite useful.

Cons

Our center enrolls students from 8 different high schools. It would nice to be able to print a list of students by high school and for grade reports at the term and the semester.

Nicole O.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

This is a great and very user friendly website to use! I am so happy I decided to use this website!

Pros

User friendly
Similar to what I used before--PowerSchool
I did not want to revert back to old school ways and have to figure grades by calculator. Not that I am lazy, but it just seems easier to have it more than one place.

Cons

There is currently nothing that I would say that I dislike about this software.

Rob B.

Great Service and Quick Response

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

I couldn't be more pleased with their service. The product is really good and gets better every year. Thanks for the dedication to give us what we need iGradePlus!

Pros

Initially I chose iGradePlus because of its price and ease of use. However after using it I discovered they had quick and responsive service. We are pleased with the overall product and service. More is added every year and most is based on what we ask for as customers.

Cons

There are several features not up and running yet. This is probably due to the number of years it takes to refine the software. I will say though, new features are rolled out several times a year. Thankfully these roll outs are based on what we the customers need and ask for. Knowing this we patiently and expectantly look forward to the continued evolution of this product.

Carmen G.
Industry: Higher Education

Great VALUE and Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

We are a very small institution that does not have the funding for the more expensive online portals; this program is perfect for our students to have the online access without paying such a high cost!

Pros

The ease of using this grading program is wonderful. The students are able to log in and see their grades at any time and see my comments of why they lost points. It is easy to add students each semester and if they were already in one of my classes then their information transfers right over with just a click! I love that I can apply the fields I select to everyone in the class if I want when inputting an assignment.

Cons

Navigating through the reports and trying to run a report of just what you need can be cumbersome. I wish once I have created a report that it would be saved as a template regardless if I started a new grading period/semester.

Margaret P.

Excellent For Classroom management

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

My classes are once weekly middle school and high school college model classes designed for homeschoolers. I teach about 100 students a week and have parent helpers input grades. iGradePlus is easy to set up each year and explain to my parent helpers. Parents of students have ready access to their children's information and communication between instructor and parent is really easy. In addition, my experience with contacting the company has been wonderful! They respond immediately and work to fix whatever problem has been encountered, whether it was a parent access problem or something on the instructor side of the program. iGradePlus is also very affordable!

Pros

iGradePlus is used by all our instructors because it is easy to understand and set up and provides a fantastic array of record keeping and student management options. Instructors are able to set parameters and guidelines for grading, keep track of attendance and behavior, easily communicate with parents and students, and offer parents access to their children's grades. Anytime I have a question or have encountered a problem and email the company, I receive a quick response and the help I need to fix the problem.

Cons

Working up methods of deducting percentage off of total grades instead of point off of scores for grades. As of the end of this past school year, iGradePlus hasn't included a percent off total score option, just a points off the score entered option for late work. Much of my grading involves inputting actual points on a quiz or study guide which can range from 10 points to 125 points, so it's difficult to have a built in number of points deduction for late work. I need a percent off late work option. I have been told they are working on that option, so it might be fixed for this year. But that is a minor problem compared to how much I like the overall program!

Anne S.
Industry: Education Management

A high school teacher's perspective

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Overall, I am mostly satisfied with iGrade. The cons do get irritating though which is why I can't give it 5 stars. I strongly recommend they create a "limited admin" user account so teachers can look up grades/attendance for all students in the school, especially when you are an adviser to a group of students for the year. This sort of account would not allow the user to change or alter any information in iGrade.

Pros

I like being able to copy assignments to other classes I teach, which saves me time. Entering grades is user friendly for the most part, meaning you can figure it out with little to no training. I like that there are things you can personalize, as in creating different assignment categories.

Cons

I don't like that the default setting for attendance is "present" (but that may just be how my school administrator set it up). I sometimes use the administrator account to look up students' grades and attendance in all their classes, and what I notice is, and this is my biggest complaint with iGrade, that students' absences are hard to track per class period when you look up their attendance. It just says they have 3 absences, but doesn't say in which period (unless you go through extra steps to figure it out).

One other feature I don't like is that grades copy automatically when we start a new school year: this means if I taught English 10 1st period last year, but this year I teach English 12 1st period, my gradebook for 1st period is FULL of all of the old assignments from 1st period last year. That requires me to go and delete them all, which can be very time consuming (even if trying to do a bulk delete, which seems to slow the program down significantly).

Finally, I wish teachers had the ability to simply look up students' grades in other classes without having admin access in iGrade.

Jeffrey U.
Industry: Education Management

Revelatory! Changed my whole professional life.

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Within three months of implementing iGradePlus everything had changed. My students were 500% calmer, more focused, and better-motivated. Even the only marginally academic ones were working harder, because my school is a sports-focused school, and most of my kids hate to lose at anything, including grades, so when they can see their grades and know I´m keeping score (and know their parents can see as well) it makes them want to work hard to win. Also my students quickly came to trust me more because they could see at any time exactly how I was grading them, and they could adjust when they needed to. The better students even started correcting ME when I would make mistakes in data entry! And then we were on the same team- us against the computer. My job was no longer to judge my students, but rather to help them to get the grades to say what my students wanted their grades to say.

Also, iGradePlus´s customer service is among the best I´ve ever encountered. During the implementation process I contacted the company VERY frequently and they always replied within 24 hours. Not only that, but they were friendly, professional, and responsive- really able to listen to my concerns and take action, even to the extent of implementing features in the software that I had requested. Bug fixes were often immediate.

Pros

iGradePlus has completely changed my professional life, and the educational life of my students. Gone are the days when I had to run around like a harried parent, making sure students knew what was going on and what it could mean for them. Now the information about what they need to do and what it means to their grade is there, always-accessible online, clear and transparent. They have no excuses, they always know where they stand, and it is instantly clear to them and their parents what they need to do to improve. I have to do a fraction of the hard discipline and motivation that I used to do, because when kids can see their situation clearly they generally want to do the best they can with it. And when parents also know exactly what is going on they easily can see how to help. And most parents, in their hearts I´ve found, truly want to help if only they know what the problem is and HOW to help.
My first report card and parents´ evening with iGradePlus were an absolute revelation. There was no stress, no tears, no frantic negotiations and threats from parents- everyone walked in already knowing what the current grade was, and more or less which categories of grades and activities were the problem. We spent our time not arguing but pleasantly discussing subtleties of the students´ challenges, feelings, and strengths. Other teachers started to notice how relaxed I was at grade time, and now much of my school is using iGradePlus.

Tatiana R.

Fantastic Teacher Tool

Reviewed on 2017/04/22

iGradePlus has provided a lot of great resources for me as a teacher. The gradebook is easy to use and offers parents access at all times to see how their child is doing. It aslo offers a way to track attendance and behavior issues. Some other great features are the different blogs and the calendar.

I would like to see the attendance and behavior log to either be on the main login page for parents or to set up email notifications to parents when a log is made. Eventually, I'd love it if it incorporated a place to make lesson plans as well.

Overall, this is an amazing website. I have introduced it to several other teachers at my school and they really like it as well. Along with being a great resource, they also offer fantastic customer service. Any time I've ever had a question or needed something fixed, they have responded very quickly and worked hard to solve any issues. I will continue to use this service and I look forward to what new features they will roll out with next!

Pros

iGradePlus has provided a lot of great resources for me as a teacher. The grade book is easy to use and offers parents access at all times to see how their child is doing. It also offers a way to track attendance and behavior issues. Some other great features are the different blogs and the calendar.

Christi M.
Industry: Education Management

IGrade and the learning curve

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Overall, we are very happy with I agreed. There are a few tweaks that would make it easier, but we love what we have seen so far.

Pros

I like the ability To connect easily with my students and their parents. I like that I can move between classes pretty easily, and I like the ability to post group participation grade. This is time saving and very beneficial. As a parent, I like the ability to be able to log on and check my child’s grades and progress to connect easily with my students and their parents. I like that I can move between classes pretty easily, and I like the ability to post group participation grade. This is time saving and very beneficial. As a parent, I like the ability to be able to log on and check my child’s grades and progress at any time.

Cons

With the particular school that we attend, it is frustrating that we can’t seem to combine all of our weekly assignments into one document for printing without using an outside program. For instance, if my child is in three or four different classes, I have to print out three or four different syllabuses each week. I would much rather be able to open it and click on it and print it as one document. I would also like to have The ability to use I agreed in the form of an app, because I mostly use our grade from my iPad or iPhone.

Kathy V.

Grateful for iGradePlus!

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

Our small homeschool tutorial (2 days of classes/3 days of home lessons) uses iGradePlus to communicate assignments and school events/news to our 40+ families and 60+ students. This is our second year of using this platform when our previous portal shut down. We could not afford most of the LMS platforms due to our size. iGradePlus offered most of the features that we needed and continues to add more features. The BEST thing about iGP is the customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are quick to respond to any issues from parents, teachers, or administrators. While iGradePlus doesn't offer some of the features that other platforms do, it provides the basics that we need at a price we can afford. For that and the creative team behind the product, we are grateful and recommend the product to anyone looking for a basic LMS system.

Pros

Customer service is stellar. User friendly platform. Intuitive. Provides the basic grading records, communication, and data records needed by our school. Affordable for small, non-profit educational institutions.
More pros: rich text features, lesson log, many options for setting up grading and classes, student uploads, able to add links, attachments, and images, email feature, discussion feature
iGradePlus team continues to develop new features and improvements (check out their blog!)

Cons

Video tutorials would be helpful for new people learning how to use the platform.

Staie L.

Gold Star for iGradePlus

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Overall, iGradePlus has been a great tool for me in tracking grades, easily accessing grades for students and parents, and printing reports. I also really like being able to click on a individual student to see what they may be missing or look for patterns in their work, whether they be positive patterns to encourage them in or poor patterns where they need coaching in a specific area.

Pros

I like that it was easy to get started with iGradePlus. In addition, it is very affordable and the customer support was very responsive the one time I needed help with something.

Cons

It's a little cumbersome in naming categories and weighting them as those are on different screens and were not as intuitive (to me) to find.

Brandi S.

I cant say enough

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

I cannot say enough. Great price, product and best of all customer service. I plan to use this product for years to come.

Pros

It is very easy to use and their Customer Support is quick to respond to any questions and issues. I appreciate I can customize my grade periods, weights and drops. It makes it even easier that I can give each class a color. That really helps me and my students differentiate all their classes.

Cons

I cant think of much. I would LOVE if I could copy whole days of the calendar and move it with a drop and drag to a new day. Now, that may be super techy, but that's the only thing I would LOVE to have.

Leah S.
Industry: Education Management

Math teacher review of iGradePlus.

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use. I am not a techie by nature and I have a relatively easy time navigating the site. I like that I get prompt replies when I email. Very friendly and helpful. We chose iGradePlus for its price point and ease of use. I believe we have been using the program for 3 years.

Cons

I think that some improvements could really help. 1. The way to add guardian email is a bit counter intuitive. It takes some time and searching to get to the screen needed in order to edit. 2. For some reason, assignments from the previous year stay in the classes. Quite annoying!! Why would they remain in a new school year grade book?? It used to be that I could delete many assignments with a couple of clicks. Now, I have to endure the tedium of deleting them one by one. I am spending a ridiculous amount of time doing this. 3. I always have a hard time with the reports function. The template instructions are a bit difficult and I can never print out more than one report at a time without some mishap, like dropped classes. Again, way too time consuming for a user.

Dawn G.

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

The experience has been positive and our teachers and parents love the program.

Pros

This program does not require a lot of training and is easy to implement. The features and functions are versatile and are easily adapted to meet our unique needs. Some of the features are not yet available. However, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] emails you quickly and takes your suggestions seriously.

Cons

Some of the features are not yet available. Although the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] emails you personally, I would love to be able to speak to someone to help with technical questions.

Mark D.

Great Software for Educators

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

I've been a user for several years now and couldn't be happier.

Pros

The software functions well and the customer service response has been great over the years. I also liked that users are sent an activitation invitation email. I can quickly tell whether students are really going to take the online classes seriously if they activate it quickly. Those who do tend to stay in the course. Those who don't... a warning signs that they may not be best suited for the online environment.

Cons

There was a little bit of a challenge when initially determining how to set up individual courses within a semester, but once you get the hang of it, it works well.

Erin H.

iGrade Plus as an Instructor of art classes

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Overall I am satisfied, and like where things are headed. I do not have much experience on other software to make full comparisons.

Pros

The ability to organize assignments and lesson logs easily for students. I am enjoying the lesson logs and ability to upload documents/links for students to find. I love the ability to annotate and return assignments to students.

Cons

It can be a little tricky at times having to bounce back and forth between screens. There are a lot of options listed out that it can be overwhelming. It can feel a little bit clinical. As an art instructor, the ability to post videos or include small snippets of audio would be a useful feature. I can't embed a photo unless its hosted elsewhere for a hyperlink, so I have to rely on pdfs or attached jpegs. I'd prefer to have the ability to use photos in line with my text at times (like you can in lesson logs).

There is no inbound email communication and emails are not easily listed for emailing students or parents directly. Only outbound.

The interface doesn't always function well on other devices (buttons hidden off screen unable to scroll over to it or zoom out).

Gwendolyn S.
Company size: Self Employed

iGradePlus has all the features I need and want! It is very reliable.

Reviewed on 2017/10/15

* iGradePlus is easily personalizable. I found it easy to input my grade percentages and the info that I wanted to have easy access to. The system is also easy to input grades and assignment information into
* My students have easy access to their the record of their assignments, due dates, and grades.
* The system is very use-friendly.
* The price is right.
* Most online grading systems are set up for entire schools to use, so finding a system that was inexpensive and easily usable by one person was wonderful!

Pros

I love the fact that it is so flexible -- I can set the system up to reflect my grading system -- but the system is not complicated to use or set up. It is 100% reliable. In 14 months I have never found the system down.

It is easy to use. There are multiple ways "in" to every screen, which makes it a joy to use when you flip from Algebra 2 attendance to inputting the grade for one student from Precalculus to checking exactly how many students are in Geometry to inputting another assignment for Algebra 1.

Since I teach classes for homeschoolers, I have no school affiliation and no help with costs. The fact that iGradePlus is quite inexpensive means a lot to me!