Priority Matrix

Project and priority management software for teams

Martin a B.

Outstanding application package. Extremely Knowledgeable and Responsive Customer...

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Ability to plan for important/critical tasks more effectively.

Pros

-Great tool for Agile Team information Sharing.
-Very Effective Project Management Tool
-Strikes a Very Good Cord Between Individual Work Packages and Overall Timeline (Gantt Chart)
-Very effective tool for both Program and Project teams

Cons

-Needs more flexibility to help with more Franklin Style daily planning.
-Needs more flexibility to import/export data from industry standard tools (i.e. MS OneNote, MS Excel)
-Current file import function is can be clumsy

Paolo A.

Amazing app for people who like to work visually versus linerally

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

Pros

It's simple quadrant color system which can be adjusted to your own suiting
The ability to collaborate with others in shared
The ability to drag email in
The phone app which has gotten much better lately
Overall it just a great app it, unfortunately, I am underutilizing it

Cons

The ability to be able to use my own icon and the icon which you do have are quite limited and too simple
The thing that concerns me the most is the syncing I have had things not sync in the past and not be able to find them ( there has been some improvement but it still feels like I can't trust it and I am somewhat worried, the syncing has to happen right away when I add item and not have to think about forcing a sync)
I have used the drag over email but sometimes have lost the link to outlook which is annoying and then I can't simply email that from PM it's stuck there and I can't email it ( big problem for me)
This is not your issue but mine how to best use priorities I seem to add too many things as urgent and important I don't but others in the proper locations, I need to use it properly so it actually becomes my only place where I put to do and not email myself notes
And then sort them, I need a tutorial on how to get the most out of it and I haven't done it
I am
A Mac guys but have found that the app is a dumbed version of the outlook which is not good so I have to have parallels in order t have my outlook and PM together but flopping back and forth on the screen again makes the app, not in my face and I lose the ability to use it properly
And I use outlook more as a to-do list which is not what I want
I need help in how to use it because it is a great system that I am
Not taking full advantage of
Need to able to work with Siri
others have done it

Jonda S.

Reviewed on 2017/12/30

Helps with time management, organization, delegating and collaborating.

Pros

I like the icons and the tag feature. I like having the ability to drag and drop between quads. I like the notes feature on individual items and the ability to add files. I like that when you use the word email in an item name it automatically assigns the email icon. I like the ability to set due dates and recurring deadlines. I like the ability to track my own progress and effort percentages as well as observe others.

Cons

I don't like how when you sort by icon, it does not sort icons featuring numbers in numerical order. So if you are using orange icons featuring numbers 1-9, when you sort by icon it starts with 9 and moves in descending order. I'd prefer it start with 1. I'd like to see an option to "Unmark All" for all items marked done in individual Quads as well as a project as a whole. I would appreciate more videos or tutorials on using all of the different features together, like a time lapsed start to finish project video. The tips feature is nice but does not give a bigger picture.

Chris R.

The product has been instrumental in transforming how we manage projects on a company wide...

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

The online real time access to forms, drawings, ability to centralize installation notes and sync data to all of our technicians ad email reports to clients sets us apart from anyone in our industry so far in our region. Our documentation for warranty and support services has never been better.

Cons

the only think i don't like is the absence of a small non-standard feature that we could use but that is not built in yet. The ability to individually remove or add quadrants or single items from or to a group project. We want to be able to quickly give everyone access to all items like happens when when we build a file from an All-Team template, but further, to selectively keep some items private for only certain team members.

Melinda D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great project management software!

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

Priority Matrix can do SO much! More than I can probably ever use! If you manage multiple projects over a course of time with long lists of tasks in each project with varying deadlines, etc.? Then this is for YOU. I needed a system that would help me do that, and do it well. And PM has definitely fit the bill. It does take time and effort to learn how to use PM and its features, but if you want to be organized and on top of your game -- any system worth its weight would take your effort! Plus, the customer support is probably the best that I have ever received -- EVER. Prompt, efficient, capable describes every interaction that I've had thus far with PM folks. I liked using PM so much like I decided to add a member of my team to my subscription, and now we together use it to manage both our individual and team projects. One of the great parts about that is now I have a place to jot notes and different ideas that come up throughout the day ... instead of sending 3 emails or text messages ... thoughts can be collated in one place.

Darren H.

Great multi platform product with fantastic customer support - very proactive and engaging

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Best way to implement an Eisenhower matrix time management plan
Actually use it as available on all platforms and syncs quickly

Pros

Best implementation of Eisenhower matrix management tool I've come across.
Works and syncs across PC, Mac, iPhone and Android.
Very intuitive to learn and use
Support is very responsive to any issues and very accessible for training and assistance

Cons

Had a few annoying bugs initially (PC version crashes, display refresh rendering issues), but these have been addressed in updates and very stable now.
The PC and iOS versions are very polished and have a consistent feel, the Android version looks and feels clunky by comparison

James R.

Productive and a value

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I have been a user for years now. The customer support is tops, live from the USA, the actual owner gets into support if needed. They keep improving the software. The biggest problem is making it a habit to use it daily. The lack of results is because one just does not use it like they should. If you use it daily, actually during the day your bottom line if in business will be positivity affected. You actually get morning updates sent to you on what you have left to do, items that you have entered. I do wish it had history for accounts that you are tracking on your To Do lists - past records, maybe it does and I just have not noticed? It is a honest firm, in the USA, from people that you can understand and who understand what you are going through.

Pros

Wrote it already

Cons

Takes some effort to learn how to use it - not a con item just a notice - it will not work unless you learn how to make it work.

David E.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Perfect app and programme to support time and workload management

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

Its easy to get lost in lists and too easy to become submerged in daily demands that feel important but don't move the big stuff. Priority Matrix allows you to become more in control and if used daily it means you can focus on the big stuff first. The Windows programme supports the app seamlessly so it all works together. its one of my main apps and wouldn't wish to lose it

Pros

The app is cheap and the programme adds to the overall business value

Cons

There aren't any

Arne H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

A great tool to keep out team coordinated on projects

Reviewed on 2017/01/29

Priority matrix is easy to use and has all the functionality we need. Customer service is also responsive and happy to provide training for groups of new users. I am a bit disappointed that the packages for multiple licences have been discontinued.

Pros

easy to use yet efficient.
ideas are no longer forgotten and progress of delegated tasks can easily be tracked

Cons

as much as I like the software and appreciate the value of keeping our team coordinated, I still feel that this is a relatively simple software when compared to other saas that we use. Therefore, the subscription cost feels very high.

Darrell D.

Priority Matrix is a blessing for my organizational skills.

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I use priority matrix on a daily basis to organize thoughts, ideas, and meetings. I am able to email a quadrant to the group I have a meeting with next with ease. I am very pleased with this program and would recommend to anyone who meets with people on a regular basis.

Pros

The ability to create via quadrants then having the ability to email a quadrant to the next group I meet with.

Cons

The ability to sync sometimes has issues.

I use Priority Matrix to organize my many, MANY to do lists

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

It increase my productivity and focus on a daily basis.

Pros

It gives me the ability to visually organize what I need to do. I use both the desktop version and the mobile version. The syncing between the two is nearly flawless.

Cons

It's not created for my use case (i.e., to do lists)! But it's flexible enough to meet my needs. I organize my to do lists around projects.

Tom P.

Priority Matrix is easy to use and helps me keep my time utilized to the highest priority...

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

The multi-platform support is great. I can use it on the road with mobile support and still have a native Windows application for intensive work

Cons

No complaints about the functionality. I would like the application to start up in the same screen it closed down the previous day instead of the summary projects page

Tony H.

Priority Matrix allows me to quickly organize actionable tasks that fill my days at work.

Reviewed on 2017/12/31

It helps me get actionable tasks out of my head and organized, and my lists are always available to see either on my computer or phone.

Pros

I like having the ability to create an unlimited number of projects. This allows me to have separate 'projects' for each of the key people I work with who have actionable tasks, plus I have a primary "mothership" tasks list.

Cons

The web version of the tool has been clunky at times. Specifically, I've needed to refresh the page to see tasks eliminated.

Rennie M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

This app keeps my brain from exploding

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I use this app to prioritize both bigger projects and smaller tasks, and I integrate them with my google calendar. I really don't know how I would handle my multiple reporting relationships and responsibilities without it, and I'm so grateful for it.

Pros

Its flexible way to record, track, and schedule various aspects of the projects I manage.

Cons

It is somewhat customizable, but I would like some more customization possibilities, like more/customized icons to mark tasks.

Nadia O.

Priority Matrix has changed the way I work, helping me to be more organized and efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

The visual layout of the software and the fact that it is not diminished when viewing on other devices are the most appealing aspects of the product. The ability to add due dates, notes, attachments and links are also a major reason I consistently use this product.

Cons

I would like the software to be more affordable., as well as have the option of what information to include in the Item Details panel.

Karthik S.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

In my role, I need a digital task-organizer. I've used Priority Matrix for a year and I'm...

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Clean, easy-to-use, great support (replies within 4 hours!), easy sync to the cloud and real-time edits to tasks.

Mobile friendly (and a great app!).

Cons

Slightly heavy on RAM (personal opinion only). Everything else is A-okay!
The folks @ Appfluence reach out to us proactively to check how they can help - any other issues I could have had in the past would have been resolved.

Tim M.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent Solution for Getting Things Done

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I have been using Priority Matrix for a couple of years. The free coaching last year was very helpful for using the product more efficiently. After reading David Allen's Getting Things Done, I have even more appreciation for the utility of this solution.

Pros

Ease of use. Use of the cloud to access from multiple devices.

Cons

Pricing structure is not conducive to my using it throughout my department.

Alan N.

Task managemnt

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I am a heavy user. I like that it works across windows and mac platforms. I have an iPhone and iPad, but the work pc is windows.

I wish you could make more than 4 quadrants in a category.

Pros

Organization

Cons

Only 4 quadrants per area

Donald H.

I use PM daily to keep projects and todos organized and easy to find

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

The 4 quadrant system makes sense to me. Being able to label them helps me custom design each project. I also like being able to drag items between quadrants and projects.

Cons

There is probably a way to do this, but I would like to be able to pull up a list of the 10 "hottest" to dos for the day from all of my projects.

Shannon B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great way to organize my work project and to do list.

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

Organization, connection, communication

Pros

It is great for Accountability. It serves as a to do list, document storage and it is easy to use.

Cons

The drag and drop feature as well as moving an items to another matrix can be flaky. I have too many active matrixes and wish i could dump some in a folder by client.

Mike E.

Very positive. Product can be configured as desired for the most part.

Reviewed on 2018/04/08

Pros

I like that the product syncs across devices and that it can be used for both tracking tasks as well as project management.

Cons

I would prefer stronger project management tools such as MS Project compatibility in the Gantt feature and easier integration with Outlook.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Has been useful for me in creating prioritized to-do lists using Quadrant thinking

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

Quadrant thinking, ability to upload links, cloud version that is accessible from anywhere, ability to add due dates

Cons

Difficult to change names of items on desktop version, need to re-sign in on occasion on mobile version

Sophie S.

good for organisation

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

ability to set timelines in the program is helpful, might be even better if could pop up with a reminder or something

Cons

sometimes its really easy to accidentally make date for a year in advance and not notice it happening

Brian W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Keep your head on straight!

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

The software has really helped me focus my day on what matters most. I had used the Eisenhower Matrix in paper form, but found it much less effective than having Priority Matrix on my computer and mobile devices.

Pros

Helps me focus on what matters most during my work day.

Cons

There are a few glitches in the reporting and task entry sections.

Luke C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

This software has changed the way I work for the better.

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Efficiencies and focus.

Pros

I like that it's mobile and flexible.
This really helps me stay on track and focused on what I should be doing.
It also helps with delegating and tracking the work of my direct reports.

Cons

The adherence to the quads; I feel that this is a little limiting.
Maybe there's a way to make this just a bifolded screen?