Brokermint

Real estate back office consolidation and automation.

Chris
Chris

Been a Buidlium Client for 8+ years

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Has been a fabulous experience and loved watching this software grow and expand over the last 8 years. The original product was great, but it is soooooo much better now.

Pros

The constant innovations and new functionality, ePay, Cash at Retail, Reports, etc

Cons

The lack of Flex fields so that we can add fields within the software to assign special characteristics, like assign a property to a certain "Property Manager", etc

Justin

Brokermint is great for transaction management but could be better

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Overall I would say that Brokermint is definitely worth the cost. There is a lot of value and it's relativity easy for even a new user to understand and use. There is some room for improvement and their customer service is very responsive.

Pros

I like the ease in setting up Brokermint. Adding fields and drop-down menus on transactions makes it very easy to customize the layout.

Cons

The reporting feature is not as user friendly or robust. You are limited on the number of columns to display and the layout of the reports make them difficult to look at. You can export them to CSV files which is helpful though.

John

Needs much improvement

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Overall the system has great potential, however there are quite a few things that need to be fixed. Their development team is constantly working on updates and changes to make it more user friendly but they have a ways to go. Their customer service team is a bit of a challenge as some times it takes a while to get a response or answer to a question. Sometimes I only have to wait a few minutes, others have taken as long as a week. At the end of our contract we absolutely have no intention of renewing.

Pros

The system allows you and agents to see pipline, as well as allows you to create customer views of transaction, assign multiple compensation plans, and has an integrated esign platform.

Cons

The system was designed with only 2 status options which are either listing or pending. The challenge is with real estate, not all transactions are going to be Pending right away, if you want to add stages, you have to create a custom field creating more work. Additionally when it comes to the financial reporting if you charge additional fees to the customer such as transaction fees if you don't want them to count toward any cap plans, then you wont be able to track these are part of the office net. The system is not very user friendly especially for those who are less tech savy then your average person. The biggest negative is that they lock you into a 1 year contract and there is absolutely no way to cancel if you are not happy. Any software company that locks you into an agreement with no way to get out is not worth the energy or effort.

Aaron

Real Estate Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Pros

Ease of Use - Design - Open Software that easily integrates

Cons

Lack of detailed reports and the ability to create necessary report types for agent production, company production, and financial metrics.

Lone Wolf Back Office

Reasons for Switching to Brokermint

Bc we left Brokerwolf but are considering going back
Kyle

Great for transactions, average on reporting

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Brokermint has been great for our transaction processes, and storing documents for reference later. They have customer support which is pretty responsive, and it seems like they are constantly looking for ways to improve. Some of the data is clunky, but it does the trick!

Pros

Brokermint is wonderful and extremely flexible when it comes to commissions in transactions. If there are credits to our clients, referral fees, or costs that need to be taken out pre- or post-split, it can all be done.

Cons

The reporting feature is a bit complex to use. Our team has run multiple reports with the same criteria (from different launch points) and we get different answers/totals. So it just seems a bit unreliable. Might need some streamlining or a better tagging system.

David Adam
David Adam

Great program for the cost!

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Pros

Brokermint allows us to stay compliant and that is critical for any brokerage. It also allows us to stay very organized with our agents. We are at 100 agents now and without Brokermint it would be a nightmare to keep it all together.

Cons

I wish it had the capability to help with accounting. Like charging agents for services - monthly charges, fees, etc. And allow us to know if our agents have balances with us when we create a CDA. Basically, accounting in the same software would make this a total win.

Marie
Marie

I have used Brokermint for about 5 years and find it easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Pros

Easy to use! Easy to upload documents and easy to setup required default list. I like that agents can see their transactions anytime and anywhere.

Cons

Can't load pictures, sometimes being able to load pictures would be wonderful. I really can't think of anything else, it is always being improved.

Austin
Austin

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

It just works (and works well!)

It just works (and works well!)

Pros

Ease of use, can get new users up to speed very quickly, easy to produce reports.

Cons

Most of my concerns have been addressed over the last 3 years with updates (which I guess actually makes it another 'Pro'!

Trent
Trent

Brokermint Thoughts

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

No problems unresolved. The system has an easy platform for people of all ages to use it and understand it.

Pros

Simple, functional and easy to use. It is a platform that agents of all agents can work through on their files.

Cons

I have not had many issues relating to Brokermint that weren’t able to be resolved at the broker level who has more access than I do at the agent level.

Diedra
Diedra

Great solution for the analytical independent broker.

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Brokermint is an extension of my customer service and brand. It's contracts and organization made easy.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up my checkpoints customized to how I run my files. I love the record keeping as well.

Cons

The MLS connects once my listings are on the market, which creates a duplicate in the system. I wish there was a merge button.

Powerful Tool for Transaction/Real Estate Business Management with Flaws

Reviewed on 2022/04/12

This program technically has many wide and deep applications, and the idea of all of the services it provides as a one-stop-shop is lovely. However, the execution of that idea is very non-user friendly, even after almost a year of use and trainings.

Pros

This program works great on laptop or PC computers to organize documents and transactions, capture digital signatures, and track income and transaction volume.

Cons

This is extremely hard to use on the go. The phone app does not allow you to do even half of what the website does, and the website does not work well on phones. For our current hotter-than-hot real estate climate, the ability to use transaction software on the go is vital. Brokermint is not very intuitive to use for regular (non-admin) users, and a lot of time is wasted uploading and downloading and uploading forms between transactions. For example, if a client loses out on an offer and then decides to put in a new one on a different property, you have to download all of the forms you already have in the program and then upload them into a new transaction -- you can't seamlessly transfer files. But if you try to just overwrite the information that was already in that transaction, the auto-fill doesn't capture everything, so you have to go back manually and correct each document.

SHERYL

Very Disappointed

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Brokermint was more concerned with adding new business than taking care of the business they have.
Although we voiced our frustration with some of the functionally of the software and put in requests for changes, only one minor change was made in the year we were with Brokermint. Multiple other users have made the same requests long before we did.

Pros

The customization of the reports was a nice feature.
Our assigned customer service representative was very responsive.

Cons

Brokermint could never get the integration with Quickbooks to work, which was the main reason we selected this software.
The document management portion of the software was very cumbersome. In order to have multiple documents assigned to one checklist item you needed to unassign the document, merge the document and re-assign to the checklist. This happened multiple times on several checklist items.
When you entered a listing it asked for the acceptance date and closing date which did not apply at this stage or even make sense and was very confusing . When the property went under contract the closing date was not required since it asked for this information at the listing stage making reports inaccurate.
When viewing the documents tab it was not in the same order as the checklist tab so finding a document was very frustrating.

Response from Inside Real Estate

Hi, Sheryl.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry the system didn't meet your expectations. When we have updates to our doc management and/or QBD we would love to reach out

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Simple and useful transaction functionality

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Overall, BrokerMint has been great for our brokerage. It stores all of our documents/records, keeps track of finances, and keeps us in check with the tasks.

Pros

I've been using BrokerMint for 2.5 years now with my real estate brokerage, and in terms of individual transactions, it does it all. We can easily create transactions with specific checklists for each type (buyers, sellers, different jurisdictions) and BrokerMint auto-populates the needed fields and tasks. Tasks can be assigned to different users, we can track financial details like credits and referrals, and each real estate agent can see what they are getting paid clearly with the Commission Statements built into BrokerMint. Love it!

Cons

The reporting is definitely the weakest feature in BrokerMint, at least from my use. I think because there are so many variables (brokerage vs. agent, rentals vs. sales, closed vs. cancelled vs. active, referrals vs. regular) it's hard to find the data you want. I feel like I would search in a few different reports with the same criteria and get different results. The data is there, just needs cleaning up.

Jamie

Good Transaction Management software, but leaves plenty to be desired

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Considering the narrow scope of options available for RE Transaction Management software, I would say that my overall experience has been good, albeit frustrating. Like I said earlier, the scope of features, especially related to: search parameters/filters, report generation, commission calculation etc., limits my ability to use the software to its full potential. Thank you for a good, reliable software suite nonetheless. :-)

Pros

The fact that the team is consistently working on improvements and new features with relative enthusiasm. It keeps me hopeful that Brokermint's best days are still to come. Incredibly reliable overall, very few downtimes or interruptions. Multi-user interaction vis-a-vis shared tasks and checklists.

Cons

A LOT of missing features and functionality that would be considered standard practice for any other business, transactional or database-driven software suites. Sometimes feels more like a beta than a completely finished product.

Response from Inside Real Estate

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your feedback!

Your Support rep has sent you a link for training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at @brokermint.com

Kristian

Brokermint Agent Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Overall it is an easy and effective tool that cuts my work time in half in comparison to other systems I have used in the past. I love the simple layout! I never got overwhelmed with the system.

Pros

I love the pipeline! It makes planing and growing your business easy! You can clearly see what months you are at a high volume and what months need a marketing plan. I Plan and execute marketing plans using the pipeline.

The second thing I love about this system is the ease in creating new transactions. I have noticed using previous systems the amount of information required to create a transaction is significant. It would take me so long to gather all the information required to create a transaction. It was like inputting two listings for one transaction. This system cut that time in half and the additional information is optional so if you need to get that RPA uploaded in a limited timeframe, you can get it done!

Cons

I wish I had the option to delete documents in a checklist that are not relevant to the current transaction, keeping them in the checklist but having the ability to customize it for the current transaction.
The dates do not reset with an extension so my checklists are always in the red.
I can't attach more than one document to a task. For example, the task Addendum can only have one document attached to it. If I have 3 Addendums in one transaction, I have to create three tasks.

Janet

LOVE my Brokermint!!!

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Positive!!! We have been truly grateful for this program and for the immediate response to questions or issues that we might encounter. I cannot recommend Brokermint highly enough!

Pros

I have been in the real estate industry for MANY years. This program is the best I've used for databasing and tracking transactions and processes. It allows customization for each office while making usage simple enough that an oldie like me can still use it with ease!

Cons

The only thing I could say is downside is that it doesn't upload the listing broker's contact information from the MLS. Which is not a big deal and it takes me two minutes or less to add it into the database. I only mention this because there really are no complaints and this is the only thing I could think of as a con. (Based on past experience, I bet they have an update for this asap! They are awesome about that sort of thing!)

Brokermint

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

For the most part, I have enjoyed Brokermint. What we have utilized so far is easy to use and my agents seem to enjoy it. I unfortunately have not had the time/ability to utilize all of the features of Brokermint just because some setup is too time consuming. For example, setting up e-forms. We are still using Ziplogix because the amount of time it takes to setup forms to be filled out through Brokermint is enormous.

Pros

I do appreciate the user friendliness of this software. I switched from Backagent to Brokermint because of it's ease of use and how much easier it would be on my agents to submit things.

Cons

There are several simple features that I figured they would have added by this point. It seems like when people submit requests to add things, they are not acknowledged by Brokermint. I've seen simple feature requests sit there for over a year with lots of support from users but no acknowledgement from Brokermint. Why is there not a mobile app at this point? We also cannot duplicate transactions when a transaction falls through like a listing so we have to spend time reentering all of the listing information again. Backagent lets you duplicate a transaction so you do not have to start from scratch.

Hagen

Almost perfect

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Brokermint help organize transactions in an easy to use manor unlike their competitors.

Pros

Customizable to your needs. You can create your own checklists, esign, etc. Customer service is phenomenal about listening to users and implementing new changes to help benefit end user.

Cons

Mobile/App the mobile version is lacking behind with the rest of the industry. Being able to quickly access full BM on the go would be huge, but the mobile version simply doesn’t cut it.

Becca

Brokermint for Team Management

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Overall it has been a pleasant experience. We are just hoping for some for features to be unveiled as time goes on.

Pros

I like that multiple users can work through the same transaction, I like that it organizes the documents for us as things come in and I like that it is easy to track our pipeline and download transaction docs if we need after closing

Cons

I wish the checklist items allowed us to upload multiple documents under the same tab, i.e. if we have working docs we can upload and then add the completed document later. I wish it had the capability from the checklist to email out a template and check it off from the system. I wish it organized the checklist into categories so we could easily grab missing items we are looking for.

Jayna

Excellent brokerage software

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

As stated above in the 1st portion of my review, this is a great software for Real Estate Brokerages, it assists everyone in your office in staying organized, being able to view progress and track commissions. It's mobile and overall very user friendly. Highly recommend this!

Pros

I love the fact that this program really assists the users in staying organized and be able to track various items throughout a transaction. It allows the users to be completely mobile so long as they have Internet service they can continue to work on their files. It assists our Owner and Broker in tracking production levels, profits and progress of transactions.

Cons

The ESign feature is a little rough at first, you must create a fillable template of the form you need signed prior to sending it to the clients/other Agent...this can get tricky. I had to try a couple of times before I was able to fine tune the templates.

Mahmoud
  • Industry: Accounting

Brokermint review

Reviewed on 2022/11/23

Pros

Software feature compble is very easy to use and much benefit to companies

Cons

The problem is that the software can have features can be cumbersome and learning is steep

Jennifer

Easy and Powerful

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

I feel that they have grown with me. I was just getting started in my brokerage and chose BM for my back office system. Along the way, I have enjoyed seeing the new features, the small fixes that make a huge difference, and the support staff has always been easy to get in touch with and super friendly. I highly recommend BM to agents and brokers.

Pros

I love the offer portal for my listings, the activity list to check that you send all of the documents to the correct people. I love the templates and the new feature to add more documents onto one electronic signature request.

Cons

I don't like that when you email someone a document or an update, you can not really get a response or an attachment if they sent it to you through the Brokermint email.

Linda

Real Estate Software

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

With REO work, there a many tasks that must be completed BEFORE it becomes a listing. With Traditional, checklists are needed after listing the property. This system allows consistency and efficiency for both products.

Pros

Only software on market usable for REO an traditional transactions. Easy to use. Ability to create custom reports and interface with other software systems. Love the mobility...use from office, Ipad and phone. Team always making improvements for increased efficiency.

Cons

Inability to keep track of expenses. Created a workaround so it works for me.

Deena

Brokermint makes every day easier

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

Brokermint has made our overall office processes much easier between listings coming on, homes under contract and transaction processes overview as a whole. Running a busy office can be chaotic so having the proper systems in place is paramount. Brokermint has made that easier.

Pros

Overall the product has been easy to use. We use the software to run a large, high producing team and it has allowed us to easily manage files in a paperless manner while tracking timelines, contract processes and make business decisions based on the ease of being able to see volume, agent production and what is in the pipeline.

Cons

We would like to see a better integration with Docusign as it is more widely used than the built-in E-sign technology within Brokermint. Would also love the ability to easily print reports to a pdf file instead of exporting to Excel.

Amber

Brokermint Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

I have been with John L Scott for almost a year now and my overall experience with Brokermint has been great so far!

Pros

This software is easy to learn and use. Adding Listing and Pending sale files is very simple and pretty self explanatory. Easy to make changes to check lists if need be, I like that it has checklists and timelines for paperwork to be turned in an uploaded to help everyone get things done in a timely manner. I also like that it keeps track of cancelled and closed transactions and keeps them separate for you! I think that Brokermint is a great way to help offices and Realtors keep track of their listings and sales and keep all of there previous and current files organized, also makes it very easy to access closed files if you need to look back on or pull up old paper work for some reason or another!

Cons

There is not many things I don't like about the software so far! I am still learning new things all the time.