MailCleaner

Cloud & on-premise anti spam software for businesses

4,3
Daniele V.
Industry: Design

Very useful

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

I use it in my business to avoid spam, viruses, intrusions, threats or any other type of malware that could harm me. It is a very useful tool for every type of entrepreneur, from small traders to large companies.

Pros

It has the free version, but the price is small and fair.

Cons

It could offer promotions or a cheaper plan for small entrepreneurs with little email flow.

Response from MailCleaner

Hi
For small projects we suggest the cheaper "MailCleaner Cloud Service". You pay on demand by mailbox. Even if you only have one.

Victor L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best open source antispam you will find these days

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

Overall I really recommend MailCleaner to everyone who hosts their own mail server. I've been using MailCleaner for 4+ years on two different companies and it works well.

Pros

It has a nice compilation of well-known software (plenty of features). It’s flexible, with a complete web GUI and the possibility of customizing the underlying applications. Most important: it has a user quarantine interface, where employees can release their own retained mail, add an address to his own white list, etc. It's fairly easy to setup and use it.

Cons

The installation/configuration has a few oddities. Sometimes it's difficult to find information about settings and problems. The VMs available for distribution could get a new release (with the latest Debian version).

Response from MailCleaner

We are working on the new version based on the latest Debian distribution (huge work) but the current version will continue to be corrected and maintained on all security points until the new one is available

Industry: Consumer Goods

Review of MailCleaner

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

This software cleaned my mail box of spams

Pros

After use of this software my email box is totally clean and no spams any more.

Cons

I don´t like the price. It seems so expensive for me.

Response from MailCleaner

Hi and thanks a lot for your review. The pricing of Virtual Appliance is expensive for small companies, but yo can also choose the Cloud Services that will be more adapted for a small number of users.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Freedom from email threats

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

I used to have much annoying spam in my email and that made me lose crucial emails. It was embarrassing for me to miss an appointment simply because of cluttered spam.

Pros

There is Cloud Version and Virtual Appliance Version
The cloud version is very easy and quick to install. You don’t need to download anything to install the software, it all happens online and in a jiffy
It really does the cleaning job as the developer says and there is no nonsense about that. I like its sensitivity in detecting spam and viruses in the mail.
In case some clean mail is detected as spam or virus, there is an option for you to add the sender to your white list. This helps to allow the innocent mail in.
They give you a try period of 30 days where you enjoy the paid features to decide on purchasing.

Cons

I would honestly say that I haven't experienced any challenges so far with this software.

Laura K.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Cheap and worth it

Reviewed on 2020/07/03

Pros

Well worth buying if you get hundreds and hundreds of emails every day. It can get overwhelming so this mailcleaner automatically cleans out all the garbage and spam emails for me.

Cons

The software is a little dated and I wish there were more features.

Raul V.
Industry: Music
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent protection against spam and viruses in email

Reviewed on 2018/08/18

Since I am using the program I have not been affected by any virus and this generate trust in the provider.

Pros

It has a friendly interface, is easy to use and the installation process is fast. It really does its job detecting viruses and files with dangerous content.

Cons

Sometimes it allows the sending of unwanted emails and this makes us doubt a bit about security.

Albernes G.

With a simple click, a user can delete or release any message retained by the filter

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/29

The process of detecting and filtering spam is transparent, regulated by standards and reliable.

Pros

implements a series of complementary techniques to detect filtering and blocking unwanted mail Combines artificial intelligence algorithms and adapts constantly to identify the changing techniques of spammers

Cons

The level of false is high, and that is why it should be used with care
Spammers can break this defense with the help of smart technologies. Using softwares that generate different contents (texts, graphics, etc.) in each spam message
se requieren muchas actualizaciones

Helen W.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great email filter

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Excellent email protection!

Pros

Great email filter for spam and virus detection and cleaning!

Cons

I would like to have the option to choose my sensitivity levels.

Industry: Information Services

Spam Filter

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

We used this product for few years and discontinued after switching to office 365. When we used, it worked reasonably well. Open source was the plus that I noticed and self hosted is another.

Cons

There were some false positives that created some issues.

Jeremy B.
Industry: Construction

Review! Mail cleaner

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Love it! Super easy, simple, use it alot.
It comes in handy when you have hundreds of emails coming in daily.

Pros

I like how I can clean my phone in just one push of a button! It gets spam and unwanted emails out. Super easy to use

Cons

Nothing so far. Been using this for nearly 1 year and use it alot. It's nice to have because I get so many annoying emails.

Zeljko D.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

MailCleaner is a complete and free email solution for you.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I have a clean computer from unnecessary messages.

Pros

MailCleaner will filter automatically all valid messages for you, once you setup a domain.

Cons

Everything is in the best order, I have nothing wrong to say.

Yaira M.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It works, it does the work

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

This software is used in the organization where I work and it works avoiding those unwanted emails that can be malicious and it also keeps me informed of eventually.

Cons

We have not had any problems using this software in the organization where I work, so I have no complications with this product.

Diane T.
Industry: Consumer Goods

The Spam Fighter!!

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/02/01

I observed this software and am planning to download the free trial to familiarize myself and then buy the software. It is apparent that MailCleaner is a great way to stop the huge amount of irritating Spam that is experienced every time the computer is turned on and email downloaded.

Pros

I love when software products offer a free 30 day trial so that the benefits become well known before you commit....and this software is definitely a great product. Being active on the internet comes with the almost inevitable onslaught of Spam. This software keeps almost all of it at bay, which, along with many other features and benefits, keeps the email folders less cumbersome.

Cons

I found nothing to dislike about this software.

I think this software is one of the best business anti spam message that I used so far.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

It lessen unwanted emails and spammers.

Pros

I search detected and existing viruses and threats. And it avoids unwanted emails and notify the user immediately if there's a malicious emails. And what I like about this software is it easily identify the changing techniques of spammers.

Cons

The only thing that I notice is the level of sensitivity is not that flexible and this software is not available to other platform to install.

Ahmed ali K.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Thanks God no more tention of spam mails

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/09/14

We are getting rid of spam mail through it very easily.

Pros

The mailcleaner is true a mail cleaner it really helps us in cleaning our email from spam mails that are very irritatiing and it is also very cheap.

Cons

As far as i am concerned i have nothing to say about any cons of mailcleaner the only thing that is missing in mailcleaner is that it is not available in all platforms

Ronald S.

Sophisticated filtering technology.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

The knowledge of interesting search options.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the way to perform the searches of the detected or existing viruses or threats.

Cons

Despite being a free antivirus it should be more flexible to configure the level of sensitivity and be available to other platforms.

Tracey M.

MailCleaner is a great tool that is easy for all levels of users to get into with a clean interface

Reviewed on 2018/03/24

Pros

This is really the best business anti spam - I have tried it on a couple of clients who went on to becoming paying customers.

Cons

Our customers are very satisfied with the quality of the product and the great support so I can not complain either.

Industry: Internet

I have been using this software for 2 months and I am very pleased

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Pros

Spam in mail is tedious, threatening and takes time to erase. That's why I like this software so much.Installation process is easy and fast and support is great.

Cons

Nothing to say,for me everything is ok .

Grace C.

superb

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

price /month/user starting price really cant be beaten
24/7 customer support is super convenient
overall just really great

Cons

should be used with care, sometimes does let spam emails through, but overall is quite reliable and a great product

Olivier B.

MailCleaner Anti spam Solution for Enterprise

Reviewed on 2013/05/14

This is really the best business anti spam
All our customers are really happy with this anti spam solution

Pros

We provide MailCleaner Anti spam for our customers, small and medium compagnies.
Our customers are very satisfied by the quality of the product and the great support.
We provide the cloud hosted solution for customers without own mail server and the Enterprise Edition for customers with own mail server and we install it on VMware.

Cons

Nothing to say

David A.

Staaaaaable and generous

Reviewed on 2013/11/08

That is a robuste solution (two reboot in about 10 month), many functionalities, the most generous community (free) version to start with, upgrade to commercial version to get extra (support, managed or hosted version, etc).

I managed a few hundred domains wit it. I was an ESVA customer that is thrilled with MailCleaner; a must to try.

Esther N.
Industry: Internet

Since I.started using this software I have not been affected by any virus or spam messages.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Protects me from viruses and spam messages in my emails.

Pros

It is very easy to use and a great navigation .It protects me from viruses .Installation process is so easy and fast.

Cons

Its unique in its own way but sometimes some spam messages goes through.I am.not sure about he security of my emails when using this software .

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10