Join It

Membership management for growing organizations

Wendy F.
  • Industry: Information Services

Review of Join It membership software

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Join It has enabled me to gather meaningful data on my clients, eg where a new member heard about our services, which industry sector they are in, legal structure, etc, all of which helps me with our marketing plan. Any time I have wanted help, both [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have always been there to give me assistance, and they are also compiling a list of additional options that their customers have requested and they update me as and when there are new functions available.

Pros

It was very easy to set up, and easy to amend features as we ourselves develop. It is very easy to use, gather relevant data and communicate with my customers. The customer support is superb. The quick help guides often have answers to my questions, and if not, then I can use the online chat support, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are excellent at getting back to me quickly and are always helpful.

Cons

There is some limitation in separating out different user types, as at present there are some features that apply to all user types. I would also like more options to tailor the landing page, as at present it is very limited in what I can do with it. When I initially set it up, I had difficulty setting up our account with the financial company's software, that is used by Join It (however, Join It supported me with this, and I imagine this would be the case with all financial software companies).

Response from Join It

Thanks for the kind words -- and all the wonderful feedback so far! We look forward to shipping some of the requested features for you! :)

Janet B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Upgrade for Your Membership or Organization!

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Overall we are very pleased. This is the first membership software that works for our group.

Pros

My team loves this system so much! I appreciate the new directory feature, but hoping it will expand even more. Love the finances and direct integration with EventBrite and Stripe! So seamless and makes life so easy to run reports and help members.

Cons

The only challenge we had was with the system creating both an active and prospective member profile. So when members would login using the wrong email, it would create a duplicate account but not linked to their financial stuff. We finally turned off that feature.

Response from Join It

Thanks for the kind words, Janet! It's such a pleasure being able to work with you and your Organization! :)

Jeff H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect for managing our Club membership

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

Easy to use and functional. With a few more small tweaks it would be perfect. The JoinIt team will listen to all comments and will take action to improve the package if appropriate.

Pros

The integration with other apps such as Stripe payments and MailChimp make this software very usful.
The level of support is excellent and mostly the response time is rapid compared to other packages.

Cons

Ther are still a few usability issues that could be improved, particularly in the use of email templates

Response from Join It

Thanks for the review, Jeff!

Casey C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Awesome membership integration for Eventbrite

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Makes my life easier by recurring charges to customers adding discount codes and making it easy to do so.

Pros

It takes out the double work of adding discount codes to all of my events when a person subscribes to multiple events. Perfect for someone who hosts multiple events where a season subscriber is paying a recurring membership fee outside of eventbrite and needs access to multiple shows.

Cons

There are some potential options that seem very close to happening. Like an integration to analyze how many times a customer is using the code? Customer activity.

Jean-philippe B.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Simple and intuitive, we can now easily manage our membership and stay in touch with ours...

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

We once used Spreadsheets that needed to be continuously updated and checked to look for renewal dates. This was laborious and we often forgot to remind our members to renew their membership. In the end, we lost many members. With Join It, all this is now automated and everything from membership management to payment is done in the same tool.

Pros

- Programmable automatic renewal reminder emails;
- Integrations with MailChimp and EventBrite;
- Nice admin dashboard that quickly shows last actions (new member, reminder sent, payment received);

Cons

Potential improvements could be in making more advanced features/actions a bit more visible while still keeping the general product simple and intuitive.

Response from Join It

Thanks, Jean-Philippe! It's been a pleasure working with you and supporting Génération d'idées!

Fantastic. Saves me employing a member of staff for membership management!

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Time savings and cost savings.

Pros

This software is so easy to set up and use. Makes it easy to keep track of members and makes mailings simple.

Cons

I'm not sure yet about how to send invitations to prospective members. The instructions on how to do so are not obvious.

Response from Join It

Thanks so much! :)

Taylor D.

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Amazing. We had a few issues with syncing 3rd party items (entirely our fauly for making errors prior to joining this platform). Join IT went out of their way to not only help identify the problem but also recommend a solution. 10/10

Pros

We love using Join It. Their customer service is amazing and goes beyond what was expected and what ive recieved from any other company.

My organization loved our free trial so much (30 days. ) we have decided to subscribe on an annual basis.

Cons

Obviously as a nonprofit justifying spending money is really hard. While we always would want things to be cheaper for us, the cost also was the lowest we had found for the best platform/features.

Response from Join It

Thanks for the very kind words, Taylor! It's a pleasure to support you!

John S.
  • Industry: Media Production

The more you use, the better the fit

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Like most small organizations we don't have enough staff or a dedicated IT person on site. But even without dedicated membership staff, Join It simply made membership signup and payment problems go away. Solve my problems quickly and you get my business. Our members now do 100% of their own member setup on the Join It Portal. Talk about saving us time.

Pros

We use every feature Join It provides. To me this is the true measure of the worth of any software app. It took less than a day setup, write copy and prepare offers so we could start signing up members with Join It. Our members mentioned how easy it was to sign up and begin their membership. We signed up 35 members in the first day Join It was on-line. Not one problem. It took us 2+ weeks to get the app Join It replaced up and running. And then we needed to bring in a consultant to finish our setup.

Cons

I guess we wanted to eat our cake and lose weight too. We had to adapt a few of our membership options to the way Join It wanted to handle them. Once we did, everything was fine. In fact I forgot what the origional way we wanted to do things it was. I would have prefered to bring more of Join It's member facing screens into our WordPress WEB site. We use their Portal and no members seem to care.

Response from Join It

Thanks so much for the very kind words, John! Our favorite compliment to hear is that we keep it "Easy to Use!". We're looking forward to working with you!

Jorge a M.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good Potential Membership APP

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Very simple and good if you like minimalistic approach but high price for what you get.

Pros

I like the simple, minimalist approach. User friendly and really great customer support. Has all the basic features a small organization needs

Cons

Price is somewhat high compared to other full blown apps doing much more than joinit. To upload your members database you will need to submit manually to customer support. All other competing apps I have tried will do this automatically with your mapping input. Does not have webpage features, just very minimal and basic. Financial reports are lacking.

Mike L.

The Solution We Have Been Waiting For!

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

The initial attraction to Join It was the Eventbrite Integration. This is going to create big opportunities for us in creating and promoting events where memberships are included in the attendance cost.

The ease of syncing with SurveyMonkey and EventBrite and MailChimp, and others is huge benefit. We rely on board member/committee member volunteers for our non-profit to assist me with various tasks, and letting them work with these services they are used to from other things they do in their lives is a huge plus.

The initial best part of moving to Join It was the friendly, fast, and thorough assistance in migrating. We signed up for the Business plan, and it was money well-spent. It's so refreshing to find that. From the conference call explaining the service to me, to the migration itself, to helping me sort things out in the feature set, it has been delightful. I normally cringe at the thought of chat support. Not this time.

We used another membership management company, they were not friendly or responsive, took a long time to reply, had no integrations, and a clunky user interface that looked like it was written in Cold Fusion in 2001. Firing them and taking Join It live for our members made my day.

Pros

It looks great, functions great, has all of the outside automated integrations we need, the pricing is very fair, and it is simply intuitive to use.

Cons

I don't have any least likes about it at this point.

Response from Join It

Thanks, Mike! It's been a pleasure working with you! We're appreciative that you chose to work with us! :)

Scott B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Using Join it to manage society members

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

JoinIt allows us to use our data to accelerate our membership experience. The team has been super supportive and helpful with quick replies. Really feel like a valued customer.

Pros

JoinIt has been a fantastic asset since we first began using the product 2 years ago. It allows us to easily manage memberships without having to handle and document cash. The integrations is what really makes this platform, allowing us to use our membership data in meaningful ways.

Cons

A few more integrations and an API would allow us to really get the most out of JoinIt.

Response from Join It

Thanks for the kind words! It's been such a pleasure working with you! :)

Looking forward to serving you for years to come!

Maureen H.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Curvy Riders Membership Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

When I had technical problems very recently, I was lucky enough to have [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the other end of my email conversation. She was just amazing and so helpful with her suggestions to work through my problem. She went above and beyond and was readily available all of the time. I have also had occasion to speak to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on email and she also has been so helpful.

Pros

This software is so easy to use, however there are times I have a problem or two. It is user friendly and easy to understand.

Cons

There is a function to send out emails to our members, but no facility to save a copy of the email in the system. We do have a work around though which is really helpful.

Response from Join It

It's been a pleasure working with you, Maureen!

Neil J.
  • Industry: Government Relations

So easy to use, flexible to set up and the integrations work well

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

There really isn't anything bad you can say about this product. I did a fair bit of research and am glad I landed on this. All you need to do is change some of the "Americanisms" in the template emails etc but apart from that, this is ready to go for even the smallest databases. In fact we started with zero and are now in a health four figure range thanks to the way this works. Obviously this comes highly recommended.

Pros

Easy to use interface
Integration with MailChimp

Cons

There is no integration with PayPal but understand that this is on its way

Jeremy S.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Non Profit Membership fundraising

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Pros

we were looking for product that we can fundraise for our non-profit with a membership based donation! it does exactly what we need, emails, digital cards, create a membership base.

Cons

we are working on it as we speak, all good so far, customer service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was wonderful and there for the help as needed :) and very courteous! 5 stars

Response from Join It

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jeremy!

I'll be sure to pass the kind words back on to our customer success team. :)

We love supporting JSOR and we look forward to continuing to work together.

Danielle D.

Wonderful Product, Exactly What We Have Been Looking For

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Jumped OUT of DonorPerfect. It was complicated and did more than we needed. Join It meets our needs exactly and offers wonderful integrations for future growth and use.

Pros

This is the most user friendly membership management program I have ever seen.

Cons

Nothing thus far. Everything seems to be user friendly.

Response from Join It

Thanks for the kind words, Danielle!

It's a pleasure working with you and the Cuyahoga Valley Art Center!

Niki P.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Happy Newcomer

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Pros

I really appreciate the accessibility of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] when I have questions. I'm new to this role and to working with systems like JoinIt and it's really been fun to figure it out, and to know that there's friendly help available when I need it!

Cons

I joined the organization after JoinIt was chosen so I don't have a lot of perspective on this but I'm enjoying the process of figuring it out.

John P.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great membership startup

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

JoinIt makes member self sign up and self pay convenient. This saves processing time.

Pros

Free version & ease of use saves time with membership processing.

Cons

Address & phone fields missing from free version.

Response from Join It

Thanks, John! It's a pleasure working with you! :)

Dale S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Still in testing phase.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has done an excellent job in customer service. I appreciate all she has done.

Cons

Still in testing phase. Nothing to report yet.

Sharon B.

Using Join It to Manage Memberships in Nonprofit Organization

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

Overall, we are very pleased with our Join It experience.

Pros

The membership renewal feature (automatic emails) is very effective and saves time.
The merge memberships feature is very useful!

Cons

Inputting offline payments (e.g., from checks or cash) took a bit of time (and trial and error) to understand. But after we entered several and corrected some of our mistakes, we understood how all of the fields worked, and it made sense.

Response from Join It

Thank you for the kind words, Sharon!

It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and the Friends of the Georgetown Animal Shelter!

We love supporting incredible causes, so it's absolutely our pleasure. :)

Gail H.

Free Trial

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Club membership of a voluntary organisation is always a problem. I'm looking for some way to consolidate all the bits and pieces various members are storing. With this programme I think I will be able to do it. The Support service is excellent and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very patient with my queries!! I will write a further review when I've had a bit more time with it!

Pros

It seems to have the features I am going to need, but as I am still trialling it I can't really give a full evaluation.

Cons

Haven't yet had a chance to try all the features.

Greg M.
  • Industry: Sports

Good product on it's way to a great product

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Love this company! They have been very helpful with problems and giving me ideas for implementation in our organization.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It's not as feature packed as some software, but, it's very useful and features are being added as time goes on.

Cons

Lack of reports. This is a problem with a lot of online software

Jim B.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Saved!

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Pros

After a horrid launch with a competitive product, I switched to JoinIt and was up and running in 1 day. No hassles, no excuses, just progress and support. Sent my data, they notified me of errors, we fixed them and BAM! it was done. Taking on new members within the hour.

Cons

I'll let you know. Would rather have not paid out 12 months up front.

Response from Join It

Thanks for the kind words, Jim! We're thrilled that we were able to get you up and running so quickly! :)

Mary G.

Membership Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

It was so exciting to see the first renewal payment come in, from a reminder notice, and the person even upgraded their membership! Reminders are something I didn’t have time for and the software has made this automatic. I also have to say that the customer service is incredible, even on the free version. The tech support staff get back to you quickly with thoughtful and detailed advice for whatever problem you’re experiencing, and tailor it to your situation. This is really surprising for a free product.

Pros

I’m volunteering for a tiny nonprofit, and love how easy Joinit is to learn and use, even with the very limited time I have for volunteering. I also really like the attractive layout. Both differentiated it from the other programs I looked at, which were clunky/unattractive and seemed complicated to onboard. I love that I can set up a varied membership structure (ours is pretty complex) that allows our members lots of options.

Cons

I think the address should be an available field in the free version. (You can import/export addresses, but not edit them on screen.) It’s a standard field all membership organizations use, and collected at the point of sale. However, the pricing is reasonable enough that I am optimistic that new memberships will soon make the paid version pay for itself.

Response from Join It

Thanks for the kind words, Mary! It's a pleasure serving your organization!

William S.

Great Membership Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Provides an easy solution for managing Membership and handling all of our events using Eventbrite

Pros

Easy to use. Eventbrite Integration is very well done and allows us to set up multiple membership discounts for our Events.

Cons

The product seems to do everything we need very easily. Can not think of any shortcomings.

Response from Join It

Thanks so much for the kind words, William! We look forward to working with you! :)

Gil P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Good Program

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

Great experience with the trial program and very responsive support!

Pros

Easy to set up and good,prompt help from support

Cons

Could not customoze profile field to include a unique hyperlink. That's very important to us.

Response from Join It

Thank you for the kind words, Gil!