foreUP

All-in-one golf course, club & pro shop management software

4,7
4,8
4,6
4,8
4,7
Kyle W.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Looking for intuitive, efficient POS Software? You found it.

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We needed a serious facelift for our POS software in 2016. I wanted to move away from server-based systems, but we had serious limitations with our bandwidth. Not only has foreUP fit the bill with a cloud-based POS platform, we've been able to effectively run the software at a lower-than-recommended bandwidth (2ish Mbps). It's also given us the ability to keep track of our large membership base, track their rounds, update new memberships each year without rebuilding an entire database. On top of that, its made record-keeping simpler because new staff is able to quickly pick up the software and as a result, make fewer mistakes.

Pros

System framework is familiar looking and intuitive for the computer-savvy, Google-minded generation. Searchability and ease of access make training new staff simple and less time-consuming. The software, and the design team itself, is constantly evolving and changes are frequent and effective. Making updates or solving issues, in most cases, is easy to do on the back end, without giving up the features we MUST have on a daily basis.

Cons

Reports are still missing some of the really special information-aggregation I'm looking for. It would be nice to have a suite of applications designed specifically for tournament accounts/information/record-keeping.

Response from foreUP

Intuitive and efficient is just what we love to hear! Those are qualities we really push for in the software, because... who has time for inefficient or confusing? :) Thanks for the review!

I want to respond briefly to the reports functionality you mentioned. We're in beta for an incredible new update to reporting; it will make you really happy. If you'd like to chat with our Product team about it and what you're hoping it will do, email me and I'll connect you! [email protected]

Ryan R.

Great Software!!

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Great customer service. They go above and beyond to make sure you are set up and ready to go. I highly recommend them to any golf course out there!

Pros

It's fast at checkout! Only takes a couple clicks. I've worked with several other software programs and foreUP is the best I've worked with. The ease of use checking people out, adding products to the sale, adding extra carts or greens fees or soda or snacks, is so easy compared to other software programs.

Cons

We use Stripe for credit card transactions. It immediately processes the card quickly. It takes a few seconds to print the receipt. I think this will improve as time goes on. I only notice because I have seen foreUP print out credit card receipts faster.

Shawn L.

The software is ok for very basic operations of a golf course.

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

It is a good cloud based software that many courses could probably use and be happy with. As an advanced operator, it has some lacking features still. The support team is good at listening to the issues and there have been small features added since I started using the software 8 months ago.

Pros

It is an affordable tee sheet and pos software for startup golf courses or for courses that don't want a lot of the fancy tools. The reporting is nice and clean. The new marketing suite (when it works) have great templates.

Cons

As being a very focused on tee sheet management and revenue driving activities there are many functions that are lacking to perform my job at the highest level. In order to use email marketing to its fullest potential, you have to be able to segment your database in numerous ways. I cannot send a last minute special out for just our closest zip codes, I cannot send out defector emails for people that have not played in 30,60 or 90 days, I cannot send out emails to a group that played in a specific time frame to invite them back and worst of all, I cannot even remove my card holders from the massive list so I have to be very careful with my offers as they will get the same ones. why have an email limit if I can't segment my golfer? Rain check platform is perfect, except for dealing with tee sheet driven pricing like golfnow. I use dynamic pricing and would have to have every single dollar amount available for selection, I would need a golfnow fee, that is horrible. The discounting in the food and beverage model could not be more inefficient. My staff cannot add a discount at the time of order (if we were a snack bar window, that would work). When you reduce the amount of players on a tee time it does not change the area that is blocked off! The booking engine is not user friendly. Authorizing a dollar to hold a credit card is a pain, why can't it be algorithm based to verify the number? Let me take a bad credit card number and hold securely.

Response from foreUP

You're correct, at this time our marketing's limited to basic segmentation, but we're working to provide the means to send emails to the requested segments. Right now, you can go to your customer module, use the advanced filtering tool & click the "send to marketing" option in the bottom right corner. You have access to over 20+ filters that'll help you get some of the segments you're looking for.

We're working closely with our F&B operations to ensure by the end of the year, our Food & Beverage module is where it needs to be to help operations like yours be more efficient. I'll make the product team aware of your needs & have them reach out to you.

Lastly, we're happy to let you know that the tee sheet has the feature that allows for tee time adjusting, per your feedback.

If you'd like further assistance or want to provide more feedback, our Product & Account Management teams can reach out & get you up to speed on what's coming, & what new features exist.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Tarah S.

Excellent for Database, Not Accounting

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

I really appreciate that ForeUP is cloud based. It's great to be able to access from wherever I maybe. The downside of it being in the cloud is that, sometimes, we have struggles with the Food and Beverage Sales Portal not getting orders to our kitchen, but most of the time it works seamlessly.
Their customer service is prompt and on point. I have never had trouble getting the assistance I need or a solution to the issues I'm having. Overall ForeUP is VERY easy to use and to set up. I've been able to set it up to allocate to different revenue centers and allocate every transaction to the accounts I need on the accounting end, however we have to do most of the accounting manually because ForeUP is not set up as an accounting software, more of a data software. This does work out for us because we dissect much of what we do on the sales end year to year to see what is working and what is not and use that in making changes for the next year.
If you are a unique organization like us, I would recommend asking very specific questions about your needs, but overall it's an excellent software to have.

Pros

ForeUP is amazing for data, but not accounting. I have had to make several outside spreadsheets to manipulate the data the way that I need, but I have never run into trouble finding very specific piece of data that I need.

Cons

Other software companies that we have worked with can build programs to do what we need. ForeUP categorizes requests by priority and score them on a demand basis, so some of the very specific and unique things that we need it to do, we are having to do manually because it hasn't been as high of a priority on their pipeline of programs to build/improve.

Michael R.
Industry: Sports

ForeUp takes the lead in Golf Software!!

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

The overall experience has been great! I would recommend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as your set up guy as he has been in the business for years behind the counter and behind the scenes with POS systems. He is knowledgeable and makes sure things are right and doesn't try to rush to get your system live where you end up with problems later on. The team as a whole constantly works with you to make sure your experience with the system is top notch

Pros

The Software is very easy to use. From the set up to the daily use. Easy to change items, Create and change pricing classes, merge duplicate customers etc. The software keeps getting more robust with the developers actually scheduling calls with operators like me to get feedback on how to build something or needs that we have in the software.

Cons

There is very few things that I dislike about the software. There were some small little bug issues with some of the tee-sheet but the development team fixed it relatively quick for us. I always expect a software that has many features to have a few minor bugs especially when new updates come out but nothing that ever hinders the operation for the day.

Elisha S.
Industry: Entertainment

Fast growing

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Friendly and organized Reps that are ready and willing to help you make the profits that we need.

Pros

It's easy to use for first time users of POS system.

Cons

It can be overly flexible to the point that the user can make a mistake and not realize it.

Cody L.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very Intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Positive experience since day one!

Pros

Always updating and has been online since the inception. They’ve been ahead of the curve when it comes to tee time POS software.

Cons

Not much. If I usually have an issue they are able to fix or resolve it very quickly.

Josh M.

Good technology and intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Good solid support and good people, easy to work with.

Pros

Foreup is a solid product that is easy to learn and easy to use. It has a lot of solid features for golf operators and a lot of tech integration. Extremely happy with the product.

Cons

I'd like to have the ability for different colors highlighted for internet bookings, prepaid, third party, call-in

Sheldon A.

Fore up Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Given Covid, our industry had to go to online payments overnight. The team at Foreup did a great job getting the software together. It has been a game changer.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and implement. This can do many things for us that our last POS could not. The service team is always there to answer your questions. They take the time and listen to your needs as well. You feel valued.

Cons

none, Fore up has been able to meet our needs and is currently working on other things as they come up

Robert H.

Ranches Golf Club Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

With implementing any new product there are always hiccups and bumps along the way but the support team led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been outstanding to work with. Always responds promptly and always has a great way to help us learn this system. ForeUP to me is a simple to use system in so many aspects.

Pros

The ease and transparency on the Tee Sheet function and the integration from tee sheet to sales screen is the best feature. It is very easy to track our daily play, daily sales, inventory and monitor what our users are doing.

Cons

I wish we could allow online sign ups for our weekly league play and other various tournaments we do. There may be features we dont know yet but we would love online sign ups for tournaments through this software.

Scott B.

The Foreup system has been great for our business. It is easy to use, always up and always working.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

added visibility to my business.

Pros

We use the Foreup system mostly for point of sale. The system was easy to setup. Their support site had articles that answered most of the questions I had while setting it up. For answers I couldn't find, the support staff was great in helping me figure it out.

I was a little nervous about using a cloud based system. Not having everything under control and worrying about always having a connection was a concern. But, the system has always been up and working. We have never had a moment of down time.

The POS part of the system is very easy to use. It didn't take much time for my staff to become comfortable with it. We had switched from a standard cash register.

We were able to easily implement a season pass program. Foreup handles it well and the setup wasn't difficult. We were converting from a paper process.

The system handles gift cards without using any 3rd party vendors to track and maintain gift card balances. Its all handled internally now.

Being an absentee owner it has been very helpful to be able to monitor my sales and other transaction remotely from any location in the world. I can check on sales periodically during the day. I can check the Cash Drawer reports. I can configure new items, update pricing, and all other configuration items off site. In the past I would have to be on site or on the phone with employees to take these things.

They are good at taking suggestions and enhancement requests and making the changes.

Cons

Easily checking or tracking sales made to a specific customer doesn't work very well. If I select a customer in the sales and ring up a sale for that customer. It is not easy to see that transaction for the customer. If the customer were to call to discuss a transaction it is not easily accessible.

The invoicing module is not flexible to do the things we need. Creating the invoice initially is easy. But, we need the ability to change an invoice after it has been sent to a customer. Sometimes pricing needs to be changed, notes on lines need to be modified, or sometimes we need to add a new line or cancel a line.

Voiding a payment to an invoice so it can be reapplied to another invoice or just left as a credit on the customer's account is not straight forward.

Sales tax is calculate at the line level instead of the order level.

The sales tax is setup at the item level rather than at the location level.

Jason C.

Best Golf POS / Tee-sheet / F&B software out there

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Exceptional. It is that simple. Their staff, support, leadership, development team... everyone at foreUP is EXCEPTIONAL at what they do and how they take care of their customers.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality are probably the most important. Followed by the usefulness of all the modules. Even the ability to use certain functions for their non intended use. For example being able to create punch cards for any item you desire, NOT just rounds of golf!

Cons

The only issues I have are things that explicitly revolve around "resort" operations at my facility. That being stated though, there is no "golf resort" style POS system and therefore I still require a hotel / hospitality software in conjunction with the golf side of the house.

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review of Fore Up POS software

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

We are now in control of our own data. While this has added some personal responsibility in regards to collecting and using the data, it has freed us up to use it in ways that are most beneficial to our own business. Fore Up has been so supportive throughout the entire process. Calls are returned very quickly and solutions provided.

Pros

Fore Up checks all the boxes when it comes to the varied needs of golf course operations. Built with extensive input from operators of a multitude of different types of golf facilities their software is the most user friendly and functional software ever to hit the market. Intuitive tee sheet, customer data collection, social media interfaces, cloud based operating system, golf shop inventory management, member billing and accounts, and back end reporting that is customizable to any needs. What I like most however is that the Executives of Fore Up are never satisfied with their current offerings. They are constantly looking to improve things, working with their clients to meet the multitude of needs golf facilities require in an ever changing industry.

Cons

Not applicable. There is nothing I do not like about this company or software functionality.

Response from foreUP

What a great review, thank you! We'll continue to be dedicated to living up to your kind testimonial. It's so nice to know that our commitment to always improving is seen and felt by people working with us. We also love what you said about being in control of your own data; it's more important than ever, and at the forefront of our mind as we build new tools and improve existing ones. We're so grateful to work with you!

Scott E.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Returned to ForeUp after 2 years.

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

I left ForeUp due to increase in pricing. I am back and glad to be back after having another POS System.

Pros

It's local and very user friendly. The actions that my employee can take to find receipts, tee times are critical to our operation.

Cons

At times not alot had trouble getting tech support

Overall experience with this product/company has been fantastic

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Pros

The main benefit to this software is that it is cloud based and can be accessed anywhere. This comes in handy when I am not at the course and we have an issue that needs to be addressed immediately. The second is the easy user interface. The layouts and design of the POS system make it extremely easy for new employees to pick up and learn the system quickly. The third is that the company is constantly making improvements based on the suggestions and concerns from the courses using the product.

Cons

There are only two issues that I have with the POS system. I would like to point out that neither of these items are an issue but more of an inconvenience at times. The first is the fact that it is cloud based. If the course looses internet access due to a storm we are sitting ducks. We do have a backup plan in case this happens so again not a huge issue and really can't be fixed. The second is the fact that updates seem to occur during operating hours for us and can cause issues with our system during busy times of the day. We are usually able to resolve these issues quickly so again more of an inconvenience than a major concern.

John K.
Industry: Hospitality

GCPOS Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Pros

POS - ease of processing transactions
Tee Sheet - booking, data capture, notes feature
Reporting - more than adequate

Cons

POS - cc processing failure frequency, inability to include tip on multiple cards for same ticket
When receiving inventory items system sometimes requires additional entry

Response from foreUP

Thank you for your feedback, John. We know this has been a frustration for some of our clients, and we are focused on being able to provide you with a reliable way to take credit card payments. We are working daily to give you more merchant processing options. I've asked your Customer Success Manager to reach out to you to talk to you about the current situation/status and answer any questions you have.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Amanda P.

Amazing Software For New Users

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Pros

How easy it is to:
1. Check-in golfers.
2. Send emails to users.
3. How we can send user's information if they need an invoice.
4. We love how clean it is verse CyberGolf.
5. Book tee-times! People call us less and book online more which save a lot of time for us if we have a ton of people checking in.
6. I love how we can send emails with the templates.
7. So much support! We're able to contact your team whenever we need you asap.

Cons

-We are a 36-hole golf course and a few of the golfers have said that when booking tee-times, golfers have complained that they have to switch back and forth and start all over when they choose a course (The North or South Course).

-I wish there were a few more templates for emails and a little more easy to create the perfect email. I like to move things/photos and place them where I want them to be rather than just drag a photo on the screen.

-There are numerous features that we would benefit from since we're a 36-hole course and I wish our someone told us all of the ones we'd benefit from.

Mark L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

ForeUP POS cloud based golf software program.

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

The overall experience has been very positive with ForeUP. Being a municipality, we have certain requirements that we must adhere to with our City Hall accounting. For example, out accounting team needed a report that broke down our departments sales based on if the customer paid with a credit card, cash, check, or gift card. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at ForeUP, he developed a report for our accounting team that gave them this exact report they require.

Pros

I like most about ForeUP is simply the many, many things it can do. The list is endless, but the highlights are: email marketing, online tee times, integrated app, etc. etc. Also, when we were looking at making the change to a new POS software system, they gave us a date that was estimated that we could "go live" with ForeUp and they hit that date with a few days to spare even. The education we got with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get to know the system before we "went live" was excellent.

Cons

A main part of my job personally is to input inventory and price the merchandise. Our previous software system had a dedicated label printer, with ForeUP you print out label sheets which takes more time than previously for me.

Nick W.

Great Value with Promising Future

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

We were looking for a cloud based member management/POS for our private golf course. ForeUp met this goal and saved us considerable money vs our old outdated software.

Pros

For day to day operations, it really runs smoothly and easily. It's fairly easy to train new employees on it and there is a lot coming in the way of new development that looks promising.

Cons

Reporting features could still use some love. Usually I pull the report that's closest to what I need, and export to Excel to find the easiest way to manipulate the data.

Colby C.

By far the best customer service experience with their support team! Easy to use software.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

Easy to use. Fast for golfers and staff. Any member of our staff can check a golfer in with ease. Online tee times is very user friendly.

Cons

Wish I could have a feature to allow me to see reports for all 4 courses we manage, instead of having to log in individually. Also wish their was a report to do comparisons year over year.

Response from foreUP

Hi Colby, thank you so much for your review.

First of all, we are always thrilled to hear that our software and support teams are providing a good, easy to use experience. It's nice to know we are hitting the mark in those areas, especially where you're managing multiple courses.

For reporting, we definitely see the value of aggregate analytics. We're actually able to aggregate some of your reports to see shared course data. Perhaps you're referring to something more advanced, but I'm going to have someone reach out to you to see if they can help.

However, for the year over year reporting, you should definitely be able to see year-over-year analytics. Again, I'm going to have someone reach out to you today to take a look at it and see if we can't help you navigate your reporting to see the #s you need.

Thank you so much for being such a valuable customer. Your feedback is critical to our growth, and we're lucky to have you!

~the foreUP Team

Grant B.
Industry: Sports

Fantastic. Easy to use, easy to learn, and an incredibly responsive and helpful Support Team.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

Responsive and helpful support team. Overall FANTASTIC customer service.
The most important functions (tee-sheet and sales screen) work consistently and quickly.
Straightforward interface that is easy to learn.
Regular updates to the software.

Cons

Some features are a little limited.
One or two of the updates ended up being a downgrade in quality.

Response from foreUP

Hi Grant, thank you so much for leaving a review! We're so happy to hear about your overall experience with foreUP.

I spoke to our Product Owner and he had some interesting insight in regard to the updates that resulted in limited functionality¿which I'm sorry to hear you've experienced¿that you'll find useful.

We're going to shoot you an email, or we'd love to jump on the phone if that's best for you. Our goal is to provide one simple software that does everything you need it to in order to streamline your operations, and your feedback is so valuable.

Thank you, again! Time is a precious thing, and we're so grateful you took some of yours to leave us a review.

~Amy at foreUP

Michelle J.
Industry: Sports

Perfect for our Course and F&B business!

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

I love the marketing module and being able to use both text and email as a way to contact my customers.

Pros

Due to the system being cloud based, upgrades and enhancements are in real time. I love being able to pull reporting remotely and check on sales/revenue.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to add retail items onto a F&B sale.

Kyle W.
Industry: Hospitality

Seamless transition from our old POS software, and staff training has been incredibly simple.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Time savings, excellent value for money, high ROI and a very valuable customer service tool.

Pros

Interactive, intuitive software. Older staff can pick up the software quickly and with relative ease, and younger staff take nearly no time at all as the interfaces are reminiscent of the Google and Apple OS. The cloud-based model provides me with 24/7 access to critical operational data, no matter where I am or what task I'm involved with. Last but not least, the mobile version of the site is one of the easier to navigate and operate, and lets face it, our phone is where we spend a lot of our time and where we do more and more of our work.

Cons

Some of the report features make it difficult to extract the information I want at times. I would like some more common-sense reports related to monthly and annual rounds tracking.

Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Implementing foreUP at 9 Golf Courses

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Overall, the implementation went well, given that it occurred in a very short timeframe and our foreUP account manager changed part of the way through the implementation process. (Our first course went live on the system in November and the other 8 courses went live in January and February!) The training was done virtually, which worked, but many of our staff probably would have preferred more traditional onsite training, which was not in our budget. But our foreUP account manager went above and beyond to conduct multiple training sessions, even over the same topics if needed, to insure that everyone had the opportunity to participate, ask questions, etc. Likewise, we still have regular monthly sessions to give staff the opportunity to bring up issues or ask questions in order to insure that everyone is using the software as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Pros

The fact that the software is web based was one of the key factors in choosing it. It is nice not having to worry about purchasing, maintaining and supporting servers in rural areas. Also, the ability to move back to an integrated credit card payment process was the biggest key factor.

Cons

There is currently no interface to the gift card system we use, so that still remains a separate/standalone process. Also, there is currently no interface to any property management systems, so we don't have the ability to charge golf course purchases back to our guests' lodge rooms at the park any longer (which we had with the previous system). Lastly, I understand it is in development, but the ability to track sales related to multiple promotions or percentage off coupons is not available.

Daily Usage

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

The features offered out preformed are old software when we switched companies. Very user-friendly and their support team provides quick answers.

Cons

The only thing I pointed out to the support team when I want to compare sales LY vs. TL I couldn't print the format depicting the information. I had to export to excel each year's information to view the comparison.