foreUP Reviews

foreUP

All-in-one golf course, club & pro shop management software

4.7/5 (72 reviews)
Kyle W.

Looking for intuitive, efficient POS Software? You found it.

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

We needed a serious facelift for our POS software in 2016. I wanted to move away from server-based systems, but we had serious limitations with our bandwidth. Not only has foreUP fit the bill with a cloud-based POS platform, we've been able to effectively run the software at a lower-than-recommended bandwidth (2ish Mbps). It's also given us the ability to keep track of our large membership base, track their rounds, update new memberships each year without rebuilding an entire database. On top of that, its made record-keeping simpler because new staff is able to quickly pick up the software and as a result, make fewer mistakes.

Pros

System framework is familiar looking and intuitive for the computer-savvy, Google-minded generation. Searchability and ease of access make training new staff simple and less time-consuming. The software, and the design team itself, is constantly evolving and changes are frequent and effective. Making updates or solving issues, in most cases, is easy to do on the back end, without giving up the features we MUST have on a daily basis.

Cons

Reports are still missing some of the really special information-aggregation I'm looking for. It would be nice to have a suite of applications designed specifically for tournament accounts/information/record-keeping.

Response from foreUP

Intuitive and efficient is just what we love to hear! Those are qualities we really push for in the software, because... who has time for inefficient or confusing? :) Thanks for the review!

I want to respond briefly to the reports functionality you mentioned. We're in beta for an incredible new update to reporting; it will make you really happy. If you'd like to chat with our Product team about it and what you're hoping it will do, email me and I'll connect you! [email protected]

Scott B.

The Foreup system has been great for our business. It is easy to use, always up and always working.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

added visibility to my business.

Pros

We use the Foreup system mostly for point of sale. The system was easy to setup. Their support site had articles that answered most of the questions I had while setting it up. For answers I couldn't find, the support staff was great in helping me figure it out.

I was a little nervous about using a cloud based system. Not having everything under control and worrying about always having a connection was a concern. But, the system has always been up and working. We have never had a moment of down time.

The POS part of the system is very easy to use. It didn't take much time for my staff to become comfortable with it. We had switched from a standard cash register.

We were able to easily implement a season pass program. Foreup handles it well and the setup wasn't difficult. We were converting from a paper process.

The system handles gift cards without using any 3rd party vendors to track and maintain gift card balances. Its all handled internally now.

Being an absentee owner it has been very helpful to be able to monitor my sales and other transaction remotely from any location in the world. I can check on sales periodically during the day. I can check the Cash Drawer reports. I can configure new items, update pricing, and all other configuration items off site. In the past I would have to be on site or on the phone with employees to take these things.

They are good at taking suggestions and enhancement requests and making the changes.

Cons

Easily checking or tracking sales made to a specific customer doesn't work very well. If I select a customer in the sales and ring up a sale for that customer. It is not easy to see that transaction for the customer. If the customer were to call to discuss a transaction it is not easily accessible.

The invoicing module is not flexible to do the things we need. Creating the invoice initially is easy. But, we need the ability to change an invoice after it has been sent to a customer. Sometimes pricing needs to be changed, notes on lines need to be modified, or sometimes we need to add a new line or cancel a line.

Voiding a payment to an invoice so it can be reapplied to another invoice or just left as a credit on the customer's account is not straight forward.

Sales tax is calculate at the line level instead of the order level.

The sales tax is setup at the item level rather than at the location level.

Review of Fore Up POS software

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

We are now in control of our own data. While this has added some personal responsibility in regards to collecting and using the data, it has freed us up to use it in ways that are most beneficial to our own business. Fore Up has been so supportive throughout the entire process. Calls are returned very quickly and solutions provided.

Pros

Fore Up checks all the boxes when it comes to the varied needs of golf course operations. Built with extensive input from operators of a multitude of different types of golf facilities their software is the most user friendly and functional software ever to hit the market. Intuitive tee sheet, customer data collection, social media interfaces, cloud based operating system, golf shop inventory management, member billing and accounts, and back end reporting that is customizable to any needs. What I like most however is that the Executives of Fore Up are never satisfied with their current offerings. They are constantly looking to improve things, working with their clients to meet the multitude of needs golf facilities require in an ever changing industry.

Cons

Not applicable. There is nothing I do not like about this company or software functionality.

Response from foreUP

What a great review, thank you! We'll continue to be dedicated to living up to your kind testimonial. It's so nice to know that our commitment to always improving is seen and felt by people working with us. We also love what you said about being in control of your own data; it's more important than ever, and at the forefront of our mind as we build new tools and improve existing ones. We're so grateful to work with you!

Overall experience with this product/company has been fantastic

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Pros

The main benefit to this software is that it is cloud based and can be accessed anywhere. This comes in handy when I am not at the course and we have an issue that needs to be addressed immediately. The second is the easy user interface. The layouts and design of the POS system make it extremely easy for new employees to pick up and learn the system quickly. The third is that the company is constantly making improvements based on the suggestions and concerns from the courses using the product.

Cons

There are only two issues that I have with the POS system. I would like to point out that neither of these items are an issue but more of an inconvenience at times. The first is the fact that it is cloud based. If the course looses internet access due to a storm we are sitting ducks. We do have a backup plan in case this happens so again not a huge issue and really can't be fixed. The second is the fact that updates seem to occur during operating hours for us and can cause issues with our system during busy times of the day. We are usually able to resolve these issues quickly so again more of an inconvenience than a major concern.

Colby C.

By far the best customer service experience with their support team! Easy to use software.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

Easy to use. Fast for golfers and staff. Any member of our staff can check a golfer in with ease. Online tee times is very user friendly.

Cons

Wish I could have a feature to allow me to see reports for all 4 courses we manage, instead of having to log in individually. Also wish their was a report to do comparisons year over year.

Response from foreUP

Hi Colby, thank you so much for your review.

First of all, we are always thrilled to hear that our software and support teams are providing a good, easy to use experience. It's nice to know we are hitting the mark in those areas, especially where you're managing multiple courses.

For reporting, we definitely see the value of aggregate analytics. We're actually able to aggregate some of your reports to see shared course data. Perhaps you're referring to something more advanced, but I'm going to have someone reach out to you to see if they can help.

However, for the year over year reporting, you should definitely be able to see year-over-year analytics. Again, I'm going to have someone reach out to you today to take a look at it and see if we can't help you navigate your reporting to see the #s you need.

Thank you so much for being such a valuable customer. Your feedback is critical to our growth, and we're lucky to have you!

~the foreUP Team

Grant B.

Fantastic. Easy to use, easy to learn, and an incredibly responsive and helpful Support Team.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

Responsive and helpful support team. Overall FANTASTIC customer service.
The most important functions (tee-sheet and sales screen) work consistently and quickly.
Straightforward interface that is easy to learn.
Regular updates to the software.

Cons

Some features are a little limited.
One or two of the updates ended up being a downgrade in quality.

Response from foreUP

Hi Grant, thank you so much for leaving a review! We're so happy to hear about your overall experience with foreUP.

I spoke to our Product Owner and he had some interesting insight in regard to the updates that resulted in limited functionality¿which I'm sorry to hear you've experienced¿that you'll find useful.

We're going to shoot you an email, or we'd love to jump on the phone if that's best for you. Our goal is to provide one simple software that does everything you need it to in order to streamline your operations, and your feedback is so valuable.

Thank you, again! Time is a precious thing, and we're so grateful you took some of yours to leave us a review.

~Amy at foreUP

Kyle W.

Seamless transition from our old POS software, and staff training has been incredibly simple.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Time savings, excellent value for money, high ROI and a very valuable customer service tool.

Pros

Interactive, intuitive software. Older staff can pick up the software quickly and with relative ease, and younger staff take nearly no time at all as the interfaces are reminiscent of the Google and Apple OS. The cloud-based model provides me with 24/7 access to critical operational data, no matter where I am or what task I'm involved with. Last but not least, the mobile version of the site is one of the easier to navigate and operate, and lets face it, our phone is where we spend a lot of our time and where we do more and more of our work.

Cons

Some of the report features make it difficult to extract the information I want at times. I would like some more common-sense reports related to monthly and annual rounds tracking.

Daily Usage

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

The features offered out preformed are old software when we switched companies. Very user-friendly and their support team provides quick answers.

Cons

The only thing I pointed out to the support team when I want to compare sales LY vs. TL I couldn't print the format depicting the information. I had to export to excel each year's information to view the comparison.

Sean E.

I have been using ForeUp Software for our POS system at Rolling Hills for going on our third season.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Peace of Mind.

Pros

The thing I like the most about ForeUp software is two fold :
1) The software is so user friendly it very easy to ulitize the program to do what ever you need it to do, whether its track rounds,customer purchases or block the tee sheet for a tournament months in advance.
2) The second and maybe most important is that friendly staff at ForeUp that always seem to be able to find a solution to what ever problem may arise and the update are always spot on what I am looking for the POS system to do.

Cons

Too be honest there isn't much that I don't like about the ForeUp software. The things i would say I like the least are sometimes the loading screen from the tee sheet to sales take awhile but it honestly could be our internet connection.

Matt R.

We've been with ForeUp for a few season now. The product continues to improve every time we use it.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

The software is easy to use and doesn't require a lot of hands on training. We have a number of employees that do not necessarily play golf that are able to understand and operate the software effectively. Updates seems to be well thought out and executed. I like the ability to review all departments in our operation and keep tabs on what we are spending and making. Nice security features too.

Cons

ForeUp has experienced some growing pains. We suffered through the "Great Printer Fiasco" two seasons ago. Occasionally, updates get pushed through at really bad times for us on the east coast. We're up and running by 6AM daily during our season and we've experienced a few situations that we couldn't operate the software smoothly.

Shawn L.

The software is ok for very basic operations of a golf course.

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

It is a good cloud based software that many courses could probably use and be happy with. As an advanced operator, it has some lacking features still. The support team is good at listening to the issues and there have been small features added since I started using the software 8 months ago.

Pros

It is an affordable tee sheet and pos software for startup golf courses or for courses that don't want a lot of the fancy tools. The reporting is nice and clean. The new marketing suite (when it works) have great templates.

Cons

As being a very focused on tee sheet management and revenue driving activities there are many functions that are lacking to perform my job at the highest level. In order to use email marketing to its fullest potential, you have to be able to segment your database in numerous ways. I cannot send a last minute special out for just our closest zip codes, I cannot send out defector emails for people that have not played in 30,60 or 90 days, I cannot send out emails to a group that played in a specific time frame to invite them back and worst of all, I cannot even remove my card holders from the massive list so I have to be very careful with my offers as they will get the same ones. why have an email limit if I can't segment my golfer? Rain check platform is perfect, except for dealing with tee sheet driven pricing like golfnow. I use dynamic pricing and would have to have every single dollar amount available for selection, I would need a golfnow fee, that is horrible. The discounting in the food and beverage model could not be more inefficient. My staff cannot add a discount at the time of order (if we were a snack bar window, that would work). When you reduce the amount of players on a tee time it does not change the area that is blocked off! The booking engine is not user friendly. Authorizing a dollar to hold a credit card is a pain, why can't it be algorithm based to verify the number? Let me take a bad credit card number and hold securely.

Response from foreUP

You're correct, at this time our marketing's limited to basic segmentation, but we're working to provide the means to send emails to the requested segments. Right now, you can go to your customer module, use the advanced filtering tool & click the "send to marketing" option in the bottom right corner. You have access to over 20+ filters that'll help you get some of the segments you're looking for.

We're working closely with our F&B operations to ensure by the end of the year, our Food & Beverage module is where it needs to be to help operations like yours be more efficient. I'll make the product team aware of your needs & have them reach out to you.

Lastly, we're happy to let you know that the tee sheet has the feature that allows for tee time adjusting, per your feedback.

If you'd like further assistance or want to provide more feedback, our Product & Account Management teams can reach out & get you up to speed on what's coming, & what new features exist.

6.0/10
David L.

Very intuitive, packed full of features you actually want and fantastic support.

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

ForeUP is fun to use, as efficient or better than most. The support staff is attentive, courteous and always ready to help.
The best part about ForeUP is their willingness to listen and get feedback from customers on ways to improve and for features people would like to see.

Pros

This software flows nicely from reservations through check out. It is simple to use and full of great features.

Cons

during peak times, it can feel that there are too many steps to complete the process of checking people in and completing the sale. It would be nice to have the option of a split screen with tee sheet and sales screen.

Mike L.

Easy to use, great support

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

The benifits of use are the ability to keep better track of our members and punch card users and make better use of the tee sheet by making it easier for players to get tee times

Pros

The tee sheet, it is easy to use and allows us to keep better track of our day and revenue.

The inventory mod is easy to use and again gives us what we need to keep track of what sells and what we might need.

Cons

The passes portion of the software. It is hard to update and the beginning of the year and I wish that it integrated a bit bit better with the tee sheet.

Richard W.

Have not gone live yet

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

Seems easier than Ezlink which I've used over 9 years. Appears some things in foreUP might be better than ezlink, but again we have not gone live.

Cons

It would have nice to have someone from foreUP actually show up at the golf course and load the programs and provide hands-on training. Instead, we have to figure out how to work the program from videos and a support person who does not always get back to you when needed, hence this is why we are not live yet.

Response from foreUP

Hi Richard,
It seems that your review got buried and was never responded to, please forgive us!

I hope you were able to get the support you needed, after leaving your review. It's true that we don't provide onsite training in most circumstances, but your poor on-boarding experience is not the norm and I apologize sincerely.

If you happen to see this, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] I'd be very interested to hear about your experience so we can prevent it from happening to another course and ensure that your interactions with our software and our team have taken a more positive turn.

Changing software is always a daunting task, and it should always be our team's goal to make it as painless as possible. We usually get very good feedback on this topic, so I'm especially sorry about your experience (and that this review was overlooked!)

-Amy at foreUP

Scott G.

What can I say?!

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Since starting using foreUp, we have been able to optimize the tee times that get sold; be it online or golfers using the IVR. If you are thinking about switching or in the process of getting a new POS software, foreUp is the way to go. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

From the beginning, foreUp has been wonderful to use. I have have used many POS systems and this is one of the easiest. From setup to design to use, use, it has been fantastic. We have 5 courses and we have been able to setup the system to suit our needs.

Cons

After 10 months of using it, I do not think I have any thing that I do not like in this software.

Response from foreUP

Thank you, Scott! It can be tricky to create a tool that's highly user-friendly, but powerful enough to run a multi-course operation effectively. We're so glad you're finding such success, and grateful to be working with you.

Ron E.

The Customer Support is excellent. The product allows us to run a much more efficient operation.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Time and cost savings

Pros

The use of Passes to track memberships. The new feature to have renewable passes has saved us a lot of time when members renew their membership. The ability to schedule tee times weeks or months in advance. This allows us to schedule various tournaments with out conflicts in dates.

Cons

We are a small county course and the software has many great features that we can not currently use. That's a good problem to have.

Matt S.

Easy to use. Support does a great job of helping with whatever you ask for.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

User friendly, easy to use. The support is always there to help whenever needed. Super friendly staff, they get back to you as soon as they can with the right answers. I have never had an issue getting ahold of them or them finding a solution to a problem that I may have.

Cons

Sometimes slow, but it could be our internet at times. Tee sheet may freeze from time to time as it tries to load into the booking part.

Mary A.

We have been using Fore Up for @7 years and find it very user friendly. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

The user friendly aspect and the updates. Being able now to text the customers to let them know what is happening at the Meaford Golf Course. The automatic monthly billing system for our customers.

Cons

Waiting on the phone to get customer support if there is a problem. This survey dictating how long the answer has to be in order to be submitted. Usually surveys want to the point answers not paragraphs.

Joel R.

Fast Software to run and implement

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

Golf Operations and Food & Beverage Operations are all in the same software. This streamlines reporting and helps staff stay fluent in operations no matter where they are working.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the support is amazing too. Perfect for big operations and for small operations alike.

Cons

Operations are not as strong outside of North America but if you operate in the North America then it's a great choice.

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

The reporting system at times is a little slow, but overall we are able to get all the information needed for the daily meetings of our management staff

Pros

The tee sheet allows the Pro-Shop clerk to make changes seamlessly during the course of the day

Cons

Moving information to CSV files, the transfer every once in a while seems to take longer to access.

Response from foreUP

Thank you for this review! I think you'll be really excited about the new things coming to our export/CSV capabilities this month. Our whole reporting offering will make you really happy, as well, which is being released very soon. Stay tuned!

Joey C.

User friendly, innovative and efficient!

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Customer reporting, online marketing, drag and drop accessibility and many more.

Pros

The fact that this software is web-based and easily accessible makes my job so much easier, no matter where I am at. Any aspect of the software is available from all of my devices so I can manage the business and look at reporting at any time.

Cons

The online connectivity and system updates can sometimes interrupt daily usage of the software but this has been a very infrequent issue that is typically resolved in a very efficient manner.

Deborah R.

As we start season #5 with ForeUp...the features get better and better each day!

Real time updates.

Pros

The tee-sheet with names, cart numbers, time tee-off, turned and finished. Customer information like telephone number, email address etc.

Cons

What I do not like is when updates are made to the software and is occurs at our eastern standard times at 6am and we are open and trying to process sales. Systems sometimes locks up.

Sam D.

Very user friendly just needs some refinements

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Ease of use for both golf operations and F&b operations. They continue to update product and hope they take recommendations for review.

Pros

Ease of use on tee sheet for modification in blocking setting tee times. Very easy compared to using other platforms.

Cons

Ability to make changes with invoices once invoice has been started. Marketing when sending emails could be easier should have spell check incorporated along with emails being formatted for computer or when opened on a cell phone. Cell phones aren't centered correctly.

Timothy C.

Same as above Great support but because the software is so comprehensive the learning curve is lon

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

The support and comprehensiveness . All calls are answered with the same day if the issue can not be addressed immediately

Cons

Learning curve can be lengthy due to the comprehensiveness. The clubs internet serve is limited due to its remote location which has been a performance issue when saving a change in the software

Crystal G.

Ogden City foreUP Project

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

POS Systems in several cafes. The software is easy to use and navigate and our account manager went above expected to make sure we were up and going.

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate around the menus.

Cons

Its easy to add the inventory in the wrong spot but Customer support was able to help us quickly get it corrected.