Digify Reviews

4.9/5 (54 reviews)
Chandler S.

Digify User

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

Pros

Ease of use for external users - simplicity of accessing the site, permissioning is easy
Easy to send one-off files securely vs having to create new data rooms every time

Cons

1. Ability to permission a lot of users within our organization - before giving any of our employees access, we need to allocate licenses to them and then , causing friction in the system.
2. The levels of administrator access are not intuitive - would be helpful to use more intuitive names to describe what each levels are able to do (view only, permission others, control content and permission others, etc)

Response from Digify

Hi Chandler!

Thanks for leaving us a review. We will surface your feedback and suggestions to our product team so we can make Digify better for you. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions, we'll assist you in any way we can.

- The Digify Team

Brittany B.

Digify makes our business run smoother.

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Please see my response above.

Pros

We house all our training resources for our E-Learning program on Digify.com. Our business depends on ensuring our students are not giving away our resources to others or the web. We use Digify to register our students to the materials, and Digify sends them verification codes to help keep our materials secure. We also can customize our watermark by having the participants email address as the watermark, so if any of our resources are leaked on the web, we know who did it. Getting help from a customer service rep is super easy with the chat feature. And I love the new changes the continue to make to make their site even better!

Cons

There have been a few features that I wish were available, but after talking to customer service I learned that it's impossible for them to do it. So, I can't hold that against them.

Response from Digify

Hey Brittany,

Thanks for leaving us a review and sharing about how Digify has helped you share and protect your educational documents. We really appreciate your understanding and patience as we continue to make improvements to our platform.

If you have any additional suggestions, please feel free to reach out - you know where to find us!

-The Digify Team

Claire F.

Effectively its a paywall for my subscription newsletter and its easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

I offer a paid-subscription service in the Australian tertiary education sector. It's crucial to the success of my business model that the information I share isn't distributed beyond the people who pay for it. Digify allows me to specify who gets access to my newsletters, how long the content is visible to them, and it provides me with a number of other optional built-in safeguards that all but eliminate the option of my information being shared beyond my subscribers.

Pros

Digify is highly intuitive. It allows me to quickly and easily put restrictions on the documents I want to share so that only the people I send them to have access. The couple of times I've needed customer service assistance the staff have been terrific.

Cons

The app doesn't yet have all the usability that is on offer when people read documents shared via Digify in their browser. I would also appreciate the ability to set hyperlinks in my documents to open automatically in a new tab.

Response from Digify

Thank you for your review, Claire!

We will make sure to pass this feedback along to our team so they receive your feedback as well.

-The Digify Team

William K.

The most impactful software to increase document security

Reviewed on 2019/08/18

We use Digify to create an incredible step-up in the quality of document handling, achieving a high degree of information security for ourselves and for our portfolio companies at a very limited cost!

Pros

We love that we can provide our prospective and active portfolio company with secure data rooms and also that we easily can use Digify to send confidential presentations with preset timeouts. In venture capital, we need to supply a lot of confidential information to prospective limited partners and in fundraising, many prospects fall through. Digify creates a simple way to give and to revoke access to individual documents as needed.

Cons

We like most of it. The login process can be better designed, and it would be nice if it was easier to resend already sent documents.

Response from Digify

Hi William!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that you've improved the effectiveness of your fundraising efforts by using Digify. We will take your feedback to our product team to help us improve our platform.

-The Digify Team

Aaron K.

Outstanding Secure Data Sharing Platform

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

We wanted to feel comfortable sharing financials, manuals, and other work product with a more secure method than password protecting alone. We looked at various products and found Digify to be the best. The Digify team worked with us on various tweaks that we requested - they are outstanding in every way.

Pros

We use this as as our internal bulletin board, and post company to our teams knowing that the data won't be copied, downloaded, shared, or posted online.

It is secure and great.

Cons

None, this is a great product and while it needed minor tweaks the Digify team did those for us in real time.

Response from Digify

Hey Aaron!

Thanks for leaving a review. We are delighted to hear that you're satisfied with Digify's security features and have peace of mind when it comes to sharing sensitive data.

If you need any additional adjustments to improve your work flow, please reach out to us and we will assist you in any way we can.

- The Digify Team

Bastiaan M.

Intuitive and user friendly software

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

We are a library, and because of the safety and comfort Digify delivers, we are now able to loan out digital texts.

Pros

Intuitive design. We have hundreds of customers, and rarely need to explain any of them how to use Digify.

Cons

Some users need to use new passwords after a very short period of time.
Though not an actual problem, this can be inconvenient.

Response from Digify

Hi Bastiaan,

Thank you so much for being our customer and taking the time to leave a review.

We will surface your feedback to our product team as well. If you ever have additional feedback, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be glad to assist you any way that we can.

-The Digify Team

Guillaume M.

Great value for a firm with limited budget allocation to online tools

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Pros

I used to work in investment banking and private equity and used expensive VDRs like Merrill or Intralinks. I always thought it was overpriced for the limited usage we had in typical DD processes. Digify has all the right functionalities at a fraction of the price.

Cons

It seems like some international corporates have difficulties logging in sometimes since their security standards might be higher than what Digify offers.

Pawel H.

Great value for money

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Very good experience for all sides involved in the M&A transaction.

Pros

I needed a simple and inexpensive data room for a one-time transaction. Digify provided everything I needed: simplicity, different accessibility levels, full history of user access (what and when they viewed, downloaded). It was also reasonably priced compared to competition.

Cons

You can download limited number of files at once which forces you to divide your download into chunks. It would useful to have ability to create shortcuts to files, I needed to keep the same file in different folders and ended up copying same file multiple times.

Response from Digify

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for leaving us a review! Glad to hear that Digify met your business needs in the M&A transaction.

We have surfaced your feedback to our product team, and we will work on making Digify better.

-The Digify Team

Jonathan D.

Great for secure sharing

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Rep has been great to work with.

Pros

We use Digify to securely share sensitive documents as part of due diligence processes and security reviews. Love the ease of use of the platform.

Cons

We sometimes run into issues getting enterprise customers to agree to visit Digify's 3rd party url to view our documents.

Stavros P.

Excellent product but with a few drawbacks

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/08/22

An amazing software, that can become really perfect with a few improvements.

Pros

It combines amazingly dynamic watermarking with easy emailing of large PDFs.

Cons

I am now testing the software with the free trial. I think that it would be helpful if the user could adjust the opacity of the watermark so that it doesn't disturb the reader, especially with the tile alternative. We publish magazines and books and we don't want to irritate our readers with this social DRM method. Also, I think that the watermark text wouldn't be required, since the user email itself is sufficient to deter the sharing of the document. Finally, it would be useful if we could deactivate the sending of followup messages to our email about the opening, downloading etc. by every recipient (imagine that you send a document to hundreds of people...).

Response from Digify

Thanks for the feedback, Stavros! Glad to hear that you're liking your trial of the software so far. There is a way to turn off the notification emails - let us send you more information via email.

Barbara N.

So glad I found Digify - perfect to solution for my needs, easy to use, and great customer service

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

Ease of use, ability to blow up files on a specified date, and most of all the ability to send files in a read-only format, so the recipient cannot print or forward. This is exactly what I needed! As a court reporter, I am required to give people the option of reviewing their transcripts. With Digify, I am able to fulfill that requirement, but without letting them get to keep their transcript for free (and by extension, letting their attorneys get them for free!). So grateful for this service!

Cons

I really have no complaints, but if I were to get extra nitpicky, I would like an option on the drop-down menu to be able to input number of days in which to blow up a file (in my case, 30 days), so I don't have to figure out 30 days through the calendar option. But that would literally only save me a few seconds per file, so not a huge deal.

Response from Digify

Thanks Barbara - we're glad to hear that you find Digify useful. Our product team has noted your suggestion on the user interface improvement.

Rosanna B.

User friendly data room platform with granular permission ability!

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

It has been quite a satisfying experience so far. Sure there are features that I wish I had with my subscription, but so far it has met my business needs.

Pros

I liked that I have control over the levels of permissions I can grant my users

Cons

I wish I could separate and limit access to individual files within a folder. I also wish that I could upload MP3 files

Will K.

The first SaaS product that actually increased security

Reviewed on 2017/12/25

I am finally able to be compliant in how I handle confidential information on behalf of my own company and on behalf of our clients.

Pros

It is easy to use, and gives us control of who can see what and who have seen what. It is very easy for recipients of attachments to view them as they do not require special software.

Cons

I miss a Mac Mail plug-in! Other than that, I can not say there is anything in particular I do not like

Response from Digify

Hi Will,

Great to hear from you and thanks for leaving a review. We are thrilled that our product has benefitted you, your company and your clients. We will surface your feedback to our product team. If you ever have additional feedback, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be glad to assist you any way that we can.
-The Digify Team

Pascal S.

User-friendly data room with transparent pricing

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Digify offers great data room services where we and our clients can efficiently exchange sensitive data in a trusted way.

Pros

+ easy to understand and use
+ data room setup done in minutes not hours
+ many features such as watermarking, various access controls
+ to a certain degree customizable (e.g. company logo in data room)
+ absolute transparent pricing

Cons

- the sending of customized invitation/collaboration message to external user got frequently blocked for no understandable reason

Response from Digify

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the review, we are glad that you and your clients manage to send and protect sensitive files through Digify.

Our team will be reaching out to you soon to troubleshoot the issue that you mentioned.
If you have any other concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

- The Digify Team

Susan N.

Easy to use and share

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

On boarding and support excellent and my team and network find it easy to use and collaborate.

Pros

Easy to use, feature rich and great price

Cons

No problems very intuitive and easy to use no negative feedback.

Response from Digify

Hey there!
Thanks for leaving us a review! We've loved collaborating with you and we're delighted that you've had a great user experience with us. Please feel free to reach out to us, so we can continue to assist you in any way we can.
- The Digify Team

Easily Share Your Data in Confidential Manner

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Digify allows our teams full access to data and files, while fully protecting the data. You can use to Digify to easily prevent file recipients from downloading, forwarding, copying, posting, re-posting or sharing data with unauthorized people. The Digify team is remarkably responsive, and they regularly roll out additional new features.

Pros

Remarkable ease of use, with simple customizable setting even for inexperienced users. We use it in Windows, IOS and Android seamlessly.

Cons

None. We had a few minor tweak suggestions, and Digify implemented those right away.

Response from Digify

Hey there!
Thanks for leaving us a review! You've summarized our key features perfectly which lets us know that you've loved our product and customer service.

If you have additional feedback, please reach out to us and we would be happy to work together to improve our platform.
- The Digify Team

Danielle W.

Exactly What I Needed

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Digify helps me to share files without worrying about plagarism.

Pros

The ability to send documents to multiple people in a way that does not allow for them to save the documents or forward the documents (thus helps to prevent plagarism)

Cons

That I cannot create email groups (i.e., create a contact group rather than type in each email address each time).

Response from Digify

Hi Danielle!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Happy to hear that you're satisfied with our product and find it effective in preventing plagiarism. We will work on your feedback about the email groups to make Digify better for you.

Cheers!

J. matthew P.

Practical, easy to use and well prices

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

Digify has all the features you need and seems very easy to use from the "outside" users point of view. Several customers commented on how easy they found it to use

Cons

The permissions setting process is a bit cumbersome and adding new users & getting permissions correct could be easier

Response from Digify

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear that you and your customers find Digify easy to use.

We will surface your feedback to our product team. If you have additional feedback, please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can follow up and make Digify better for you.

-The Digify Team

Jussi P.

A service that lends professionality to my company

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Raising a round and sending a lot of sensitive information around to people. Using a service such as Digify gives a professional image of our company to anyone we deal with.

Pros

Generally very easy and intuitive to use, clean interface, haven't encountered any bugs, a wide variety of options to control access to files.

Cons

I need to create a lot of data rooms and took me a 5 seconds more than it should have to figure out how to create a new data room. Personally I'd have liked that option to be visually easier to find, but this is literally the only complaint I have.

Response from Digify

Hi Jussi,

If you ever have questions or want to share any additional comments with our product team, please reach out at [email protected]

Thank you so much for your feedback!

-The Digify Team

Kanyinsola A.

Flutterwave review

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

Ease of being able to upload documents and good indexing

Cons

being able to move items or duplicate files across data rooms or folders

Response from Digify

Hi Kanyinsola,

Thanks so much for your review! We'd love to discuss your feedback any time if you'd like.

Our team is always standing by for any feedback or support requests.

Thank you!

-The Digify Team

Secure platform to store, communicate, share

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

Excellent solution to keep document secure while sharing and communicating inside & outside of your organization - no matter how large or small.

Pros

Many features of digify : you can use it in a team environment, or alone as a startup. You can micro-manage permissions. Very very easy and user friendly. I wish all platforms were so easy to use.

Cons

No EU servers yet - but they are working on it.

Response from Digify

Hey there!
Thanks for leaving us a review! We're thrilled to hear that you're pleased with all of Digify's features. We will continue to work on your feedback to make our platform better. If you ever have additional feedback, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to continue the conversation.
- The Digify Team

Peter W.

Secure and easy

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Pros

Easy to use, fast, secure. It is simple to explain to new partners, as I use it for different projects with different partners

Cons

No negative experience - happy with all aspects

Response from Digify

Hi Peter!

Thanks for leaving us a review. We are delighted to hear that you and your partners find Digify useful for your business!

- The Digify Team

Mj W.

Happy with Digify

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Overall it's been great. Very happy with Digify.

Pros

I like that I can encrypt files and deny access after a certain date. There are lot of permission options and that works well for me at this juncture - sending proprietary materials around.

Cons

I think the cost is high - but I am a start up - so expenses are paramount to me.

Nico V.

How Digify assisted us to build a secure high quality dataroom fast.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/25

We created a dataroom to share confidential documents with a consortium of investors in preparation of a Series A Capital round. Since we had the content ready, the dataroom was created in 1 day, and investors were invited to explore the documents the next day.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. We developed copied our dataroom structure into digify and then drag and dropped all files in the right place.
Pricing is reasonable when comparing to other platforms, especially taking into account the security of Digify.
There are plenty of options so one can easily adjust functionality to what you need, for example with regards to access rights, download/print functionality etc ....
The few times I needed support, I was helped by the helpdesk within 4-6 hours.

Cons

I couldn't say which specific item I didn't like.

Response from Digify

Hey Nico!
Thanks for taking the time to review Digify. We're delighted to hear that you are satisfied with our security features and customer service. Cheers!
- The Digify Team

Data Rooms

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/02

the ability to safely share documents and restrict the sharing and downloading of those documents when needed.

Pros

I like the ability to create data rooms and share confidential documents safely

Cons

no complaints. if anything, the cost seems to be going up. I am grandfathered in but I would not pay the current pricing levels if I were presented with joining. I don't use it enough to justify the costs.

Response from Digify

Thanks for the feedback, we love hearing from customers who love Digify!