Adestra Reviews

Adestra

Customer-driven email marketing platform

4.3/5 (11 reviews)
Emily R.

Adestra has helped us become an award-winning business!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

If you are looking to take your email marketing to the next level I would thoroughly recommend Adestra.

Pros

- Adestra is right to pride itself on it's customer service. The team are always helpful, keen to work with us to advance our email strategy and will do whatever they can to ensure the platform meets our requirements

- The new email editor has transformed our email marketing and saved us huge amounts of time

- Adestra partners with lots of other companies, meaning that the limits of what you can do in your email marketing is really only restricted by your own creativity (or budget!). If they do not have a feature that meets your requirements you can be sure that they are partnered with someone who does!

- Adestra is always exploring ways to improve the features of the platform allowing us to stay up to date with modern email trends

- The automation programme builder is invaluable, allowing us to really tailor and personalise the journey for each of our customers in an efficient way - it's so good that this year we won the 'Best use of technology for marketing an event' at Event Tech Live for campaigns built using the APB!

Cons

As with any technology platform there are a few little niggles and quirks but once you have an understanding of the platform it is incredibly user-friendly.

Chirag G.

Top quality product and 1st class support

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Through the APB, as well as, our own bespoke integrations using the Adestra API we have enabled clients to realise targeted 1st person marketing, taking them through nurture programmes and enabling our clients to provide their customer with relevant marketing. I really think that their USP is their customer support. When we don't want to bother our account manager with simple queries, we tend to get exceptionally quick support from the chat option from within the admin interface.

Pros

We have partnered up with Adestra for many a year and recommend that our on-boarded clients use Adestra for their ESP requirements. We find the integration into our CRM is seamless and that the data that we need out, is also easy to pull. The Automated Programme Builder (APB) is an invaluable tool.

Cons

None to note of really. We feel that we would have the relevant channels to communicate any issues.

Donna P.

Adestra Speaks Our Language!

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

We are a small marketing agency and had previous bad experiences with email software companies who had baffled us with terminologies and always wanted to charge for everything. Adestra are so different, always on hand to help through their friendly customer support team and explaining in plain English how to fix a problem or improve our emails. We have a dedicated account manager who understands our business and our capabilities, she regularly sends us updates with relevant information on enhancements to the software or market information that might be useful to us or our clients. 10 out of 10 from us!

Pros

The layout of the platform is easy to understand and after a short period of use it is easy to navigate, they are always improving it with handy add-ons. Our clients are very happy with the detailed reporting that Adestra provides and their overall service has helped us grow our online communications cost-effectively.

Cons

N/A - Adestra ticks all the boxes for us.

Scott Q.

Adestra took us to the next level!

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Making the switch to Adestra has opened up so many new opportunities for us. It’s alowed us to grow our clients businesses as well as our own l.

Pros

Adestra gives us fine grain control over every aspect of our email marketing. Their customer service is second to none, there has never been an issue that they couldn’t deal with!

Cons

The UI was a little out dated when we first signed up - they’ve updated this now with a refreshing new approach.

Deniz A.

A easy to use system with good features

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Adestra is beneficial in how fast and easy it is to use. You can easily create templates and campaigns and send them out. The reporting features and 'saved reports' option are also very beneficial as they save time and allow us to provide a wide range of statistics for clients.

Pros

-The ease of use
-The speedy availability of staff to get help when needed
-The helpfulness of staff
-Quick responsive system
-Great training
-Responsive to clients' comments and feedback

Cons

Only thing I like the least would be that at times we are told we'd have to pay for a fix that should already be there.

Kristupas G.

Strong email platform if you are using your own HTML

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

It suits our needs quite well, we build all our emails ourselves so don't have to use the builder, you can also create your own drag and drop templates with some additional HTML which is a nice feature.

Pros

I like the conditional code you can use in your HTML to show content based on custom field values.

Cons

Interface can be a bit slow and clunky, it could be easier to jump around to key areas that you use most often.

Amy D.

Quick live chats. Good system.

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Overall, I would say my experience with Adestra is good, staff is nice and some issue do get solved.

Pros

I like the ease of use, customer service is quick and responsive.

Cons

It's not as flexible there is option to code some section of the newsletter yourself . Staff are at different skill level and may not transfer your issue to more experienced staff members. There are some missing features like an image search function, alter code yourself, getting rid of some elements, etc...

6.0/10
Charlotte C.

Adestra — Queen of E-mail Marketing Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Overall I have been very happy with my experience on Adestra. Thanks to the intuitiveness of the software I have been able to grasp how to use it quickly and am encouraged to try new features. I mostly feel confident that the chat assistants will always be able to solve my problem and help me always with a good and polite attitude.

Pros

I really like the templates and the ability to quickly put together a slick looking e-mail. The interface is pretty simple to use and it doesn't take long to get to grips with the features. I like the fact that pretty much instantly you have access to help from polite assistants who eagerly take you through all the processes you are querying.

Cons

When searching for pictures there is no search bar. When I asked about the bolt-on feature 'automation' the chat assistants seemed quite reluctant to help and each time passed me onto the instructions which were quite daunting to me when I was brand new to the feature. Although this may be the template I am using, I find it quite difficult to alter the size of the picture - the options are quite rigid. The HTML editor email template is very difficult to use with many bugs.

7.0/10

Feature-Rich, could be more user-friendly

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

Adestra allows us to schedule and manage a robust email strategy to over 1 million subscribers. We like the segmenting and trigger abilities and have received good support in setting up templates. This software is more self-serve, however, than other programs where a technical consultant would actually set up campaigns for you. They're willing to teach you how to do complicated triggers, but it's on you to actually execute. After transitioning from another ESP, we have found this to be of better value but only because we're mostly self-sufficient in coming up with and executing campaigns.

Pros

The ability to visually map out triggers or filters makes the ability to target a campaign to an exact audience terrific. I also really appreciate the ability to schedule another send to non-openers before the first email is even sent.

Cons

The filtering process at times seems cumbersome and the inability to mass-upload updates to profiles sometimes makes it hard to add important details about your users.

Liam H.

Adestra is a quality product

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Adestra have been brilliant to work with, always helpful and on hand.

Pros

Great functionality and customer support, both online and face-to-face

Cons

The platform terminology can be a little difficult to understand

Kate H.

Good

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

- Easy to edit templates
- Can test how content will show up in different email services

Cons

- Features are limited
- Not very good for emojis