SocialPilot

• Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Social Pilot Crashes and Burns

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

At first I loved it, then I saw that it just didn't do what I needed it to do or expected it to do. Even as a paying client, there were constant problems with the app crashing while in the middle of trying to compose visual posts.

Pros

I loved the apps connection to Unsplash photos to help with visual posts and I liked that I could schedule posts.

Cons

The app contstantly crashed or would not bring up photos. There was no way to go back to edit a visual post, you have to start completely from scratch. Many times, my scheduled posts wouldn't post. If editing a verbal post after you schedule it to go on multiple accounts, you had to make the edit for each of the accounts. A lot of time was spent editing one post for 3 different accounts. The visual posts also weren't compatible with instagram as far as size goes. So, I had to cut out much of many of the pictures because they were too big for instagram

Response from SocialPilot

Dear Sarah,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance, and we'll do better.

Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] We want the opportunity to investigate your feedback further and would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

• Industry: Online Media

A solid social media marketing tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

SocialPilot has been a powerful tool to manage and grow my social media channels, as well as an avenue for me to continuously promote my content on social.

Pros

There are many things I like about SocialPilot. If I were to narrow it down to 3, I'd mention the ability to connect and manage multiple social media platforms, the "post recycling" option to repost something several times on a later day and the browser extension.

Cons

The "post recycling" feature is a valuable asset for all those creating evergreen content for the fact that it lets you promote a piece of content on social media today, as well as on several future dates (something that's missing from the likes of Buffer and Hootsuite).

However, the feature could be improved further. In fact, there's a limit to the number of reposts. This means that every now and then, you'll have to log in to your SocialPilot dashboard to add new dates.

Other schedulers like MeetEdgar and SocialBee have enhanced this feature by enabling users to automatically recycle posts without having to continuously add new dates manually.

Response from SocialPilot

We're thrilled you enjoyed the "Post Recycling" feature; we like making our customers happy at SocialPilot! Thanks for leaving the positive review. I hope to see you again soon.

Cindy C.

SocialPilot Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

SocialPilot is amazing! What is really brilliant about this software is that it can generate fresh content for me to post to my social media pages, as if I was the one that came up with it! The curated content that SocialPilot software provides even includes blogs, which are already written up by various different authors on the subject of my choosing, so I can use those blogs as a form of advertising for my business products and services. I usually line up and schedule my content to my social feeds for when I know that I will either be stuck in a meeting or for the hours in which I know I will be asleep. So the fact that SocialPilot makes postings for me on my behalf even when I am too busy to do so, counts very much in their favor! I love how SocialPilot does most of the work for me!

Pros

What I like most about SocialPilot software is that it saves me time! I have connected my Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social media accounts to SocialPilot and I manage my accounts directly from the dashboard! This software is smart and easy to use. It is designed in such a fantastic way that anybody can learn to use it. It is so easy to schedule posts to my various social media platforms ahead of time I just love the efficiency of SocialPilot!

Cons

What I like least about SocialPilot software is that it does have such an immense amount of control and visibility into my social media accounts. This software frees up my time immensely, even providing me with analytics for each one of my social media accounts which is great. I can even add a team member who can create content for me to my accounts which I don't really like. I simply don't trust anyone else enough to let them do postings to my social media accounts and make it seem like I was the one that posted it. I do need to approve all those posts first which does eliminate the worry to some degree, but I dread the day that a disgruntled employee or an ex could still slip through the cracks and post to my social pages. Nevertheless, I love it and I highly recommend SocialPilot!

Response from SocialPilot

Dear Cindy,

thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled to know that you find SocialPilot smart and easy to use software; our staff will be happy to read what you wrote.

Chris G.

They've Got (Almost) Everything Right

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

I can manage the social media accounts of 25 real estate agents, and with bulk scheduling, get months of posts lined up in a day. Great value, and they offer an intro training session for free, which was mostly helpful.

Pros

The groups feature is huge, allowing me to post to a specific group of 20 or so accounts, but leaving a different set of 10 accounts off the post. The bulk upload works. They could make a sample template that is a bit more explanatory. The pricing, should it remain unchanged, rocks. I don't understand the greed at a few of their competitors. Pretty good analytics too.

Cons

Instagram HAS opened their API to 3rd party companies such as later.com for automated scheduling and POSTING of Instagram posts. It is unfortunate that SP has not gotten this functionality yet. Perhaps my biggest gripe, is a missing feature: I should be able to post an article to 10 different accounts on the spot, using SHARE NOW, and have those posts get sent 2-3 minutes apart to avoid FB bots seeing a bulk posting occurring. One of their competitors offers this feature, so it can be done. They don't see the need for it at SP. This forces me to move posts around on the calendar, and with 30 accounts on a calendar that you can't zoom in on, it is a headache! I'd also like to see video posting enabled as a bulk post feature...

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Chris,

Really glad to know you almost are getting everything right, using SocialPilot.
We understand the need of Instagram Direct Publishing since their API is out now, but to have that feature you need to be partners with Facebook and there's a whole procedure to follow being Facebook Partners. We are on it working on the process and will soon have this feature.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

I love the simple, clean navigation.

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

I tried a bunch of social marketing solutions while searching for one that fit me and my companies. In searching, I found SocialPilot. I love the simple, clean navigation. It's reminiscent of the old Facebook, so it's incredibly easy to learn to navigate, to add feeds/social pages, and to check out the graphs and analytics. Compared to their competitors, the pricing is at a great level for small to midsize businesses. The repeat posting tool is awesome for book releases and sales where we're posting the same thing for days in a row on different pages to drum up reader interest.

Cons

They are still working on becoming a Facebook partner to allow direct posting to Instagram. Where most of their competitors have already either done this or worked out alternative ways of posting to Instagram, SP lags behind. As a company, we've noticed IG is becoming really popular for branding and marketing, so this is an imperative feature that needs to be sorted ASAP. Occasionally bulk scheduling fails, and there isn't a notification or queue alert to let you know something failed. A better way to quickly see where you need to do a repost to get it to go through would be a great option to add.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi there,

Thanks for the wonderful SocialPilot review. Excited to know you found SocialPilot and just loved the simple and clean navigation.

We always focus on how we can make it a better tool each day for users like to you to love it :)

We definitely understand the need of having direct Instagram publishing and are aware of the fact that it is a much needed platform. We ourselves are pushing on that fact with Facebook to give us access.

• Industry: Animation

What features it has are really nice

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

It's great to be able to schedule bulk posts and repeat posts. I do feel that Social Pilot is being a little scant with it's features on the individual plan. To make someone who is paying you monthly feel like they are locked out of so many features is not great. I've looked and continue to look for other services that offer repeat posting, basic analytics, Twitter follower management (see who has recently unfollowed, search for followers who may be interested in your field of business etc.)

Pros

I like the ability to schedule repeat social posts. The posting of text and media to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook works really well.

The ability to see posts that have been delivered and manage the schedule of you posts also works really well.

Cons

The interface needs work. Some simple things like allowing click through on the sub menu items such as 'Manage Posts' (not just the text) and not picking up the profile pictures for the accounts make the interface feel as if it isn't being assessed for improvement that often.

It also no longer posts to LinkedIn very well, posting a link rather than the original post image (although this might be more to do with LinkedIn's API than anything to do with Social Pilot.

It's really disappointing that it doesn't offer management of followers for Twitter and doesn't give very basic analytics on the individual plan.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi there,

Thanks for your SocialPilot review. Glad to know you like the Repeat post feature and the ability to manage posts once it's delivered.

But it's despairing to know that SocialPilot doesn't fit well to your requirements. We are working on making SocialPilot better each day and are bringing updates and advancements very frequently. Instagram direct posting, we are on it and will soon be available at SocialPilot.
About LinkedIn you said it right, we can't help it. It's how LinkedIn API allows any third party tool like SocialPilot to do. Hope we can make your SocialPilot experience better.

Harry A.

The best publisher of social network manager.

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Although nothing is perfect in this life, it needs a few functions to be perfect. as a hashtag search engine, upload several images in bulk and that you could create several different publications among other things that would come to you very well.

Pros

It is very easy to use and intuitive. It has many functions that I can not find in other publishers, such as: it allows you to publish the same message for several days. allows you to search for content to cure, allows you to schedule publications of other feeds, allows you to make publications with links directly from the images, among many other great functions.

Cons

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Harry,

Thanks for such a wonderful SocialPilot review. It's cheering to know SocialPilot has made your social media marketing much easier and you find SocialPilot to be intuitive.

We definitely agree nothing's perfect and that is the reason we are always on the run to make SocialPilot a better tool each day.

Jimit

A great entry level product

Reviewed on 2018/10/13

Social Pilot have been a god send to my business. They are constantly adding new features and run regular online events offering insight, training and best practice. The guys can not do enough to help you.

Pros

Social Pilot is one of only a handful of similar products that offers integration to tumblr as a standard which was vital in my choice.
The subscription price points are excellent value for money and allow for growth as and when needed.

Cons

Bulk upload of postings is not as a easy as one would like. There are two options: 1. Uploading without specifying a posting date and time where by the system will send you’re posting in the order of the upload file using a configurable schedule which you define or 2. Uploading specifying the date and time for the post to be sent. The later I have yet get working.
There is no automatic alert if any queue where to fail. This has only happened once in the past 8 months of using Social Pilot but you do need to keep you eye on the posting queue

Response from SocialPilot

Hi there,

Thanks for your amazing review. Glad to know you like SocialPilot and is value for money!

Thanks for letting us know Bulk Scheduling was giving you troubles. We'll surely look into it as there a lot of users who love this feature and how easy it was for them to upload bulk posts.

Thanks for your kind words. We are always on the run to make SocialPilot a better tool each day and users like you motivate us to do more.

Ryan K.
  • Industry: Sports

SocialPilot is a MUST for our Business!

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

My business manages several different companies social media accounts. We simply post from Twitter, Facebook and G+ using SocialPilot! It's soooo simple. We also use it to schedule posts at different times which is one of my favorite features. Overall, our experience has been solid. Due to cost, we left socialpilot several months ago... But quickly realized it was a necessary business tool for us so we re-subscribed. Now we are likely lifetime customers. Thanks socialpilot and keep up the great work.

Pros

It's very easy to use. Creating and scheduling social media posts across a large number of networks is simple and to the point. Very intuitive to teach my team to use it as well.

Cons

The cost is a bit high but all in all -- well worth it for what it delivers. But like anything, cost is always under consideration when using tools.

Response from SocialPilot

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to mention what features you like about SocialPilot and leaving this great feedback.; our staff will be happy to read what you wrote.

Hardi V.

Schedule You Social Media Post Here

Reviewed on 2019/01/01

Being a digital marketer, its my routine and work responsibility that I need to look after my social channels
right? I always prefer Social pilot as it has been a boon for me since past 1 year. I schedule my post by writing captions, they automatically shorten the URL and fetches the image from the URL.

Pros

Social Pilot is tool which let you schedule and post into all social channels at the same time. My company is used to take a plan which allows us to connect all the social channels for my project including facebook, twitter, G+, linkedin, Pinterest. So I schedule my posts and the most favourable, they will ask to post as a link or image as it fetches the images from the link in caption.

Cons

sometimes, we need to reconnect social media profile after some period of time as it disconnects automatically.

Response from SocialPilot

Dear Hardi,

Thanks for taking the time to mention what features you like about SocialPilot and leaving this great feedback. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks for sharing your review with the community and us.

Miguel B.

A pretty good Social Media tool

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Excellent inexpensive social media tool.

Pros

- You can connect a lot of profiles from different social media accounts.
- The analytics are really useful
- quite inexpensive, compared with other similar tools

Cons

- no instagram posting
- in a team, you cannot comment on a post already made, to make exchanges
- I am having a lot of problems posting in facebook profiles.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your wonderful review on SocialPilot. Glad to know you like SocialPilot!
We are in communication with the Facebook team about giving us access to Direct Instagram Posting. We need to have the partnership to do that, there's a procedure to follow, so as soon as it's done, we'll get Instagram posting at SocialPilot.

About commenting on a Team-members post we'll surely add this to our suggestions list.

Also, I see that you are not very much happy with the customer support. Did you face any problem? I would like to amend of what difficulties you faced, please let me know!

Alexanfros K.

Easy to use and quite powerful

Reviewed on 2018/10/21

In case they manage to solve some minor frustrations including the fact that sat various periods scheduled posts are hold then it could be one of the best solutions and most cost effective out there.

Pros

The software is pretty easy and straightforward to use and allows to schedule content from various internet portals as an auto feed.

Cons

There are minor bugs on the calendar area where you need to frequently refresh the web page to view the correct times. The biggest issues is the support that is slow to respond and the fact that at certain periods the engine seems stacked (lot's of posts are on a "hold" and fired all together)

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Alexanfros,

Thanks for your wonderful SocialPilot review. Glad to know you find SocialPilot to be easy and quite poweerful.

We'll definitely pass this bug on to our developers to have a look at why this is happening in your account. Can you please send in your SocialPilot login id at [email protected]

Susan D.

This is the best auto-post tool I've used in the last 10 years. Traffic to my website is...

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

Ease of use. I stepped right into it and found it to be user friendly. There was very little learning curve with this Software as a Service. The website layout made my user experience relatively stress-free, which is saying a lot for me. I look for excellence and value in my online products and SocialPilot does not disappoint me.

Over a six-week timeframe, my website traffic increased from almost nothing to almost 10,000 per month.

This is one of the best experiences I've had in my online career.

Warmly,
Susan Daniels

Cons

I can't use special characters. The app is slow moving on my devices. I usually use SocialPilot on my laptop but for Instagram I have to push the posts on my devices and the SocialPilot app is slower than other apps I used on the same devices. One device has less memory, one has a lot of memory, but it's the same on both - slow moving. I hope this helps.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Susan,

Thanks for such an amazing review on SocialPilot. Amazed to know you found SocialPilot the best tool you have used in the span of last 10 years, like wow! Great to hear that SocialPilot helped in increasing your website traffic.

About our mobile app, can you please update it to our latest version? We have improved it in our latest update. You can reach out to our support team if you are facing any issues further.

Regards,

Suzanne C.

Designed for Collaborative Work with Client to Easily Accomplish Social Media Marketing

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

SocialPilot saves time and resources by allowing bulk uploading and scheduling of posts. Clients feel involved and given a sense of ownership (for those who want this level of participation), by seeing how their information is being managed.

Pros

Easy to use, no unnecessary learning curve for managers, team members, and customers due to the design of the user interface. Set up and scheduling can take place immediately, once an account has been created. Less bulky as some of its competitors.

Cons

Perhaps there are too many benefits in the sense that clients could possibly learn how to perform social media marketing software and decide they could do their own work without the need for a freelancer. Otherwise, this software functions as described.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Suzanne,

Wow, thanks for being such a wonderful SocialPilot user and for your awesome review. Excited to know SocialPilot proves out to be a great tool for you and helps you manage your social media marketing very easily.

We are always on the run to make SocialPilot a better tool to use each day and having users like you is a boost to our hard work and dedication to become the most efficient tool out there.

Thanks once again!

• Industry: Graphic Design

SocialPilot as an alternative to Hootesuite

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

SocialPilot has been a great, fairly inexpensive option for my company. There wasn't a lot of training needed to get the software up and running. I was able to post and keep track of my posts very easily.

Pros

I liked the ease of use of SocialPilot. The ability to post an article or share a Facebook post directly from the site was a plus.

Cons

I wish that you could post directly to Instagram from the software rather than setting up the post and than activating it from your phone.

Response from SocialPilot

Thanks for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to know that you find SocialPilot easy and intuitive to use. We also have introduced the direct posting to Instagram using SocialPilot's Zapier Integration. You can trigger your scheduled image as well as link posts to be directly published on Instagram.

Lydia F.
  • Industry: Online Media

Great Value!

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Value for the money. Other schedulers with similar features are out of my budget. Now that I'm scheduling posts on a regular basis, I'm seeing starting to see more blog hits for social media. Without Social Pilot I wouldn't be able to do it.

Pros

There's a learning curve, but once mastered the software is very easy to use. It is so convenient to be able to write a blog post AND schedule all the social media promos at one time. The calendar feature helps me visualize my post schedule and the drag and drop feature makes rescheduling extremely easy. I prefer to schedule rather than put posts into a queue but the times I've used the repeat post feature (publish X times in Y days) it has been easy to set up.

Cons

I gave up on trying to post to Google Plus (not a real hardship, but other bloggers may want this functionality). It would be nice to be able to bulk edit posts that were scheduled at the same time, but I've learned to be double check and edit BEFORE hitting publish.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Lydia,

Wow, that's an awesome review! Thanks for such an amazing review on SocialPilot. Really pleased to know SocialPilot is your go-to tool for fulfilling your social media needs and you are getting results too.

We'll surely add your suggestion to bulk edit posts that are scheduled for the same time.

Regards,

• Industry: Higher Education

Best Value for Agencies

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

Again
for the value, one of the best options for small agencies.

Pros

The frequent discount rates given through out the year for the annual rate make this one of the best values for an agency.
I love the sheer numbers and the app for sharing Instagram in particular.

Cons

The calendar is generally ok but does not lend itself to multiple accounts and easily pull and drop of posts.

Response from SocialPilot

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are glad to know that you love using SocialPilot App.

Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] for the difficulty you are facing with the calendar. We want the opportunity to investigate your feedback further and would love to make things right for you.

Maren K.

feedback from a German user

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Of course it is a great tool to plan and pre-schedule posts. this helps a lot to reduce time. Calendar view of planned posts is great, I would like to have an easy overview per account as well.

Support is really quick.

I am a marketing freelancer/Agency and will start social media management for customers in the net month. But some of my customer would like to use SocialPilot on their own. Do you offer something like a Affiliate program?

Pros

- Xing (German network) is included, this is a big plus.
- Adding customer accounts and manage them in groups is great.
- feed content, I like this option

Cons

not so easy to handle. some words are not well translated. shows character limits for Twitter, but not for the other networks.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Maren,

Thanks for your wonderful feedback. Glad to know you like SocialPilot.

We are still beta testing the language translations and we can definitely take your suggestions. It can also be great if you could help us out with words that are not well translated.

We show character limit for Twitter as only this platform has very less limit. Other platforms allow long form posts.

We have a very convincing Affiliate program which lets you earn 30% recurring commission. Check our Affiliate website- https://www.socialpilot.co/affiliate

Great cheap alternative to Hootsuite

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

It's a great alternative if you have lots of social media channels to post to.

Pros

This software is really inexpensive​ - especially compared to Hootsuite!

Cons

You can't auto-post to Instagram - so I have to use Later as well.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi there,

Thanks for taking out the time and writing us a review. Glad to know you find SocialPilot inexpensive compared to Hootsuite.

We completely understand the need of having direct Instagram publishing and we are on it. We are just waiting for a response from Facebook and as soon as they'll give us access we'll have it on board.

Sami C.

Really good

Reviewed on 2018/01/13

It makes it easy for one person to manage all social media but also it makes it easy to break it up into different sections

Pros

Its very easy to use, and its great to teach people with. The colour coding system is great- we changed for each business

Cons

With Instagram you need to log into Instagram and manually post it. Once I changed the colours it was very easy to use. Thank you

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Sami,

Thanks for an amazing review on SocialPilot. Glad to know you find SocialPilot an easy to use tool which helps you manage your social media efficiently.

Thanks & Regards,

Jane S.

Social Pilot Provides Great Value

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

So happy we stumbled on to Social Pilot. This service provides tremendous value and ease of use. Support is great. It's a big time saver when it comes to posting to social media. Highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of use. Great value. Time saver.

Cons

Inability to maintain LinkedIn connection. Occasional errors in posting.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Jane,

Thanks much for such a wonderful review.

Glad to know you love SocialPilot this much and how it's easing out on your social media needs.

Can you please send us your email id you are using with SocialPilot? We'll check why LinkedIn is not working in your account.

Ed S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Must have for social media marketing

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

We love SocialPilot! It has helped us keep our social media efforts consistent and effective.

Pros

Simple easy to use interface. Scheduling functions are perfect! We have it up and running literally in minutes. It makes it so easy to have complete control over your social media marketing efforts.

Cons

The pricing levels could have more options.

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your wonderful review. Pleasing to know you find SocialPilot to be a perfect 10 on 10.

Its awesome to have such users like you.

Jimit

Socialpilot has saved us a ton of time in managing our social media channels

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Managing our social media channels from one software.

Pros

Socialpilot was brought in when we used to manage all our official social media accounts. Not only did it help us save a ton of time, but our marketing team was able to learn a lot about emerging platforms and increase our brand awareness. The tool is sure easy to use and way better than replying top all posts manually.

Cons

It would be great if we could post multiple items with one scheduling but the posts still are posted at different times. Could helps keep our posts from getting flagged as bulk posting

Response from SocialPilot

Thank you for the excellent review. We are happy to note that SocialPilot is saving you a lot of time and increasing your company's brand awareness. Our staff will be glad to read what you wrote.

We do have a bulk scheduling feature with a limit of 500 posts at a time. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Chrystian B.

Great tool for small marketing business

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

love the tool.. easier to use than most of the tools out there, also very good pricing when comparing to other.. This tool is the bread on my table and i feed my family with it

Pros

Easy to use... just take me a few min to configure an entire day of post.. i can't do without this tool

Cons

I wish there were formatting options for social network normally don't support them

Response from SocialPilot

Hi Chrystian,

That's an awesome review. Filled my heart to know SocialPilot stands with this much importance in your life. We really hope you keep growing and increasing your social efficiency. We'll always make sure to improve and update each day that users like you can get the most of us.

Thanks once again. You are awesome!

• Industry: Performing Arts

Sharing at its best

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

We love this product so much we told friends and other business about them

Pros

Love using Social Pilot. We use this software to share news about the company. We can schedule posts ahead of time and they are shared automatically. I highly recommend you to sign up for it. Is worth what you pay for it.

Cons

Tumblr is one of the social media outlets it has trouble sharing our stuff for. We don't use this outlet as much, but it would be nice to still be able to use it with Social Pilot.

Response from SocialPilot

Thanks for leaving us such an excellent review. We are thrilled to know that you love using SocialPilot and recommended it to your friends; our staff will be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] for the difficulty you are facing with Tumblr. We want the opportunity to investigate your feedback further and would love to make things right for you.