Touchplan Reviews

Touchplan

Construction field planning & management for project teams

4.4/5 (110 reviews)
Rick V.

Touchplan has allowed our Trade Partners access to view the schedule and print reports at any time.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

This forced the trade partners to plan ahead. I used the software during my weekly sub meeting.
I created schedules for all phases and buildings.
If a sub was unable to provide info I entered it for him.
The reports were sent out every Friday to all.

Pros

Instant feedback on where you are with the schedule.
When you have to adjust something you are able to show the multiple impacts that it creates.
If you need to create a recovery schedule you can instantly see the impacts to your workload.

Being able to zoom in and back out to capture the big picture.

Reports for multiple buildings with multiple floors showing how many men are required.
The report will include location and duration and will be updated daily electronically.
Touchplan's flexibility to report on one trade, combination or all. Same goes for locations that can be broke down in the report.

Cons

1. If there is a RAIN day I then have to move each ticket that has been place after that date.

2. After I have the pull plan established I wish there was a way to create a "group" with the tickets that would "link" them as they sit on the schedule. Finish/Start Lag/Start. Just so if I had a Rain Day or Something else impacted the Plan I wouldn't have to adjust all the tickets moving forward. The select all feature works nice BUT the weekends play havoc.

Brett M.

Touchplan is a good tool, but I think that the "report" creating function could improve.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Benefits that I get are knowing where the Trade Partners are working on a daily basis and what activities they plan on doing, This allows the Subs to be able to plan and coordinate with each other.

Pros

It is easy to teach the Subcontractors how to use the stickies correctly. The ease of use is important to getting the Subs to use Touchplan on a daily basis. I also like that you can see who is inside the plan and is actively working.

Cons

I do not like the report function. It should give you an example of the report you are producing before you generate it. I am computer savvy, but cannot figure out how to properly use the report tool. It seems like Touchplan has some bugs too. I continuously get an error message at the top of my screen and it said that our payment was overdue for an entire month which was incorrect.

6.0/10
Dallas C.

It has streamlined our planning and execution of those plans

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Read my prior review. This is a great, industry changing product!

Pros

Having the ability to breakdown a project as minute and detailed as you want with the designated manpower, duration's, and cost codes, or the ability to do a high level plan when a project is first being designed and engineered.

Cons

The font on the tickets is too small when zoomed out to look at a couple months duration's, which is the majority of the projects my contractor does. Also having a better file break down system would be helpful. We have one job site, but then we have about 30 jobs in that one folder. If you could break it down to individual Project managers jobs that might be helpful.

Josh H.

We use touchplan

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Much better communication between all parties involved with the process. Clearer understanding of schedule expectations and capabilities. Better manpower projections. Improved planning at early stages of project. Better communication with client on schedule.

Pros

The buy in from the field is what adds the most value. The simplicity of the layout and functionality helps to get the people actually doing the work engaged (and sometimes even excited) about planning work. With full involvement of everyone on the team (with TouchPlan as the interface) coordinating work becomes much more effective.

Cons

The top feature on our wishlist would be that the manpower would sum up at the top of the planning space so that we could level manpower without creating a report each time.

Scott D.

This planning program has made a world of difference to the planning process with our field crews!

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Our ability to plan for tasks has increased at an exponential rate by using this program.

Pros

Right now, since its new to me, I'm really enjoying the swim lanes feature. It's allowing for very quick and easy organizing of tasks for the different field crews that work out of the same plan. Before swim lanes we had to try and organize ourselves but once a plan had to be modified and moved around it became very unorganized very quick. With the swim lanes it has helped maintain an organized plan.

Cons

Time. I want to be able to refine my task down to the hour. It wouldn't be used super often but there are plenty of tasks that only take a half day but the smallest time frame I can place on it is 1 whole day.

Brenden M.

Simplifies the pull planning process and saves a lot of time and money.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Ease of scheduling and making changes. A lot of hours are saved by this software by eliminating long boring meetings that don't have resolutions,

Pros

This software is very easy to use and understand. It helps everyone get a visual of what's going on with the project in the way that is very effective.

Cons

There are limits of functions for this software. Usually the customer support staff is very helpful with trying to come up with a solution however I find that some issues that come up can't be fixed. (You can only assign constraints to project members ) this makes it challenging to assign issues to trade or consultants because you need to give them access to the project which isn't practical.

Jim M.

Working with Touchplan has been a great experience.

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Its intuitive, collaborative and provides us with a accurate project planning. It has saved our project teams time savings from our old planning method.

Cons

I would like there to be an app so that we can make field edits without a internet connection. Many times we don't have a connection or may not have the bandwidth to run the application.

Steven G.

Really like how we can quickly go through the critical items.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Ability to easily see our project tasks and where we are versus our commitments. The ease to add tasks and place them on the time line.

The visibility we have reviewing the project is quite nice.

Pros

I like how we interact with the software. Having a live meeting and being able to place things onto the project schedule and see it real time. The ability to store things in your own desk top and then populate the project when the right information allows that particular item to become viable.

The ease in which you can manipulate the system and move around is really convenient for jumping around.

We have really taken advantage of the swim lanes and being able to separate items into their more natural events.

Finally the people at Touchplan have all been excellent to work with. They have truly embraced being customer centric and their actions reinforce this each time we work with them. They are willing to listen and even develop their software to allow us to meet our needs.

Cons

Having to double click sometimes to update a task. Moving things around if dates change especially during definition.

The one feature I would love if possible is to truly link items together. So that if something moves out you can easily see the overall impact (similar to a CPS in MS Project) would be a really nice feature to have.

Logan C.

I plan to implement Touchplan on every construction project I'm ever a part of.

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

It's extremely user friendly, yet effective in getting results. It is very simple to bring in a group of people, teach them the process, and begin implementing within 15 minutes of learning the new software.

Cons

There is no app to accompany the website. Touchplan could be much more effective if subs could just pull up an app and update their tickets right then and there rather than having to come in, connect to wifi, getting on the website, and then updating.

Mary S.

Touchplan used for Construction Projects

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Great visual tool to help all parties stay informed of the timeline of the project. Easy to understand and see the overlap of swimlanes and workstreams.

Pros

Works in real time, so that all users in the tool can see the changes instantly on swimlanes. Easy to move items around and edit.

Cons

I would to be able to use without an interconnection. Tasks cannot be defined down to the hour, that would be really helpful. We use D for day and N for night but it is not specific enough.

Seath J.

Group collaboration for the techie in all of us.

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

It made planning out for the larger project easier to see.

Pros

I like how everyone has their own designation. I like that you can note problems along with solutions to keep the subs honest. I like that there are not a bunch of sticky notes everywhere. I like that I could see it from my tablet, phone and computer and I do not need to be in the conference room to look at things.

Cons

It is frustrating to get new users or the not computer friendly sub-contractors to use the product. They are stuck in the Stone Age and some do to embrace having a smartphone let alone using a tablet at work.

Tim G.

Construction Firm software use

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Maintaining a schedule can be tricky at times but with touchplan being a live entity we can control as fast as the schedule changes

Pros

easy to use for us as the General contractor and our subs

Cons

At first i wasn't sure about the software but as i used it more it became easy

Logan C.

I'm not sure how any project couldn't use it.

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Touchplan provides collaboration, more precise detailed short term scheduling, and expert input from subcontractors.

Pros

The transparency of the schedule. Everyone who views the ticket interface can understand what they're looking at opposed to a P6. It also creates subcontractor input, collaboration and accountability.

Alyssa P.

Excellent resource!

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pull planning, replaces schedule software that is hard to manage, and is accessible anywhere at anytime.

Not every one is tech savvy but I like the opportunity for training and customer service is available for changes and feedback

Pros

Easy to use, accessible to everyone on every device, provides a great way to pull plan versus using sticky notes

Mallory C.

New Project Set Up

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Pros

User accessibility and reporting capabilities

Cons

New project set up could be easier. Instead of having to email an employee at TouchPlan to set up your project, it would be helpful to be able to log in and manually enter required information into a project in order for it to be set up. The project would then automatically be created and the employee can just pull the information from the project to keep track. It often is inconvenient to have to wait to hear back from the employee who is setting up your project. Additionally, there could be a company wide library of projects that you have access to because at times it's inconvenient when you want to see a schedule but have not been added to the project yet.

Lajuanna T.

Best On The Market

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Overall Touch plan worked very well

Pros

Tracks tasks with ease
Lots of options and tools to view progress
Easy to share with other project members

Cons

Can get confusing when looking at the report generated data

Ben H.

Touchplan is a fantastic tool

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

We have improved our schedules and execution of work Saving time and money.

Pros

Ease of use. Versatility to modify schedule while maintaining accurate historical data. Excellent customer support and easy on boarding.

Cons

The reporting could be simplified in certain circumstances for transparency to all parties utilizing the tool and external parties reviewing reports.

Randy C.

Touch Plan Review

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Very good for the Lean process.

Pros

Very easy to use and helps people unfamiliar with scheduling to have input.

Cons

No way to easily backup if you make a mistake. Would be nice to have a back-up botton.

Michael F.

My experience with touch plan was very simple to use and straight forward.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/05

This software helps you plan out a very large project with multiple people that are involved. Also helps you pull together a great time frame on when the project will be completed.

Pros

I liked the feature to enter in sticky notes with the crew size and time to let the team know your progress as you complete work. I also like the fact that if you needed to move a sticky note, you had to answer why you moved and what was the cause.

Cons

The program was slow at times. To navigate through the system was difficult at the beginning but after much use I slowly got the hang of it.

Viviana J.

Great for construction panning

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

I really like the fact that is user friendly, and that you can have all the information about the activities and
in one platform, not having to manage several documents in excel o other software useful for planning. Also, I like that it makes me able to have all the information in only one place.

Cons

Don't like that it has a glicht that causes that in one of my projects i can't "promise now" the activities,
forcing me to "add pin" to each activity one by one. Also, don't like that it is impossible to change the language and that the dates are hard to see. I would like that when you print the schedule, it would look like it looks on the online platform, like more "friendly".

Hal M.

Touchplan makes it easy to get started with Lean and the Last Planner System

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

Touchplan is so easy to learn and use. I've watched trade partner foremen who are using flip phones pick up a tablet for the first time and are successfully using the software in 15 minutes. Even the technophobes come around.

Touchplan does a very good job of reinforcing Lean practices for project planning and execution. Teams get good quickly at adopting the standard practices of the Last Planner® System (LPS). The software also removes a big burden on the project team in administrating LPS.

Sean L.

Incredible customer service. Easy to use Platform.

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

Lean Planning
Looking back at completion percentages
Weekly Work Plans

Pros

- Customer service
- Timely responses
- Fluid platform
- Easy to learn
- Reporting function is great

Cons

- Difficult to track interim milestones, as opposed to one overall milestone... However, Touchplan is always open to ideas and suggestions from their customers

Ryan H.

Apollo Touchplan User

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

I am keeping my Foreman on task and on time using the Touchplan we both agree on a goal and with each step, we meet them on time.

Pros

I like that the software updates immediately, so that my Foreman see updates I make in real time.

Cons

Sometimes there are small gliches, but the ease of support from the live chat to the emails, fixes issues quickly.

Touchplan Review

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Using Touchplan has made implementing the Last Planner system on my project much easier. The software is easy to use and provide great reports to distribute information.

Pros

It is very easy to use and provides a way to collaboratively plan work with Trade Partners.

Cons

Wish that the activity tickets allowed for more detail like prerequisite work.

Alex Z.

Visualizing the logistics of your project

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

It is extremely easy to use. I teach our tradesmen how to use touchplan with ease. Even for those who are not very computer literate. Touchplan helps you see your plans and create a logical work flow.

Cons

I do not have any cons that apply to the software itself. It is simple and intuitive.