Thang N.

Sapling will cover most of your need

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

I have been using it for a while and so far it does a good job of an HR tool, I am overall happy with it.

Pros

Employee profile is really detailed and I can add a lot of fields. It's easy to use with simple navigation.

Document management is a great feature to get me onboard and keep track of my documents.

Cons

Doesn't really useful after I get to know more about my company and other colleagues. I only update my profile once or twice ever.

Doesn't really good at task management, since there are other better tools for that.

Terlya H.

- Clear responsibilities/ownership
- Org structure/ mapping capabilities
- Greater accountability
- easier planning/mapping

Pros

My favourite thing about Sapling is the ability to create customized onboarding journeys. Onboarding is so important to a company and Sapling enables you to create unforgettable experiences by automating the admin heavy side so that you can focus on creating a seamless/customised experiences.

Cons

It's reporting, storage and analytics capabilities have a long way to go. As we scale, I question wether we will outgrow it as a HRIS due to these things mentioned.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a detailed review. It's great to hear what you like best about Sapling and how Sapling has provided a way for you to create customized onboarding for new hires. At Sapling, no onboarding is the same and we love when teams like yours go above and beyond to make their onboarding experience special.

Reporting and analytics have been a big focus for the Sapling team in 2018 and we can't wait to share what we have been creating to help as your team grows!

Rebecca G.

First impression

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Pros

Clean, easy to use and navigate. The prompts were clear. This is my first time using the software, I was using it to get onboarded and to learn about my new team.

Cons

The People area didn't give me the views I needed all the time. For instance, when I clicked into one person from a specific department that I filtered, I saw the rest of the team on the side in circular icon form, but I had to role over to see their names, and I had no way of seeing their position, organizational structure. I also (when I hit the back button after that) it brought me back to the whole company and I had to filter all over again. I wish I was also able to see the team structure visually on someone's profile, including my own. And, be able to just click (XYZ team) on the side by profile pics to bring me directly back to the team I filtered.

Cristina P.

Great Concept

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Sapling is a great tool to ensure a new hire is all set on their first day, when it works properly.

Pros

I like that new hires are able to complete essential information before their start date so they don't have to spend time on their first day completing their tax form and I-9. Also, managers are able to fill in information about their need hire, like software needs, and IT can view and work with that info.

Cons

Inconsistency. Sometimes the program works as needed, sometimes it doesn't and there's no way of telling unless the new hire contacts you before their first day letting you know that they're having tech issues. Also, if an email is scheduled to go out a few days in the future, there's no way to edit or make changes to the scheduled email once you've onboarded the new hire.

Brittany B.

Sapling is an effective onboarding tool - it's user-friendly for all current and future...

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Easy ability to onboard new hires and ensure that they have all the right information, access and set up before they arrive on their first day.

Pros

Easy of use and the ability for many people to use it (HR, recruiting, manager, employees and new hires). The support of the tool is excellent too. Sapling has customer success reps who are almost always available to assist with any features or requests.

Cons

The new layout is a little more confusing to use than the old one and slightly more clunky. Once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

First Experience with Sampling

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Again, I think this is making everyone's lives more effective and efficient. Great invention.

Pros

I thought this was very effective, clean, smart and suer friendly. I really enjoyed the pre-work prior to my first day. Streamlined, sexy and smart.

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about this software.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear about your experience.

We hope that as you continue using Sapling the experience remains user friendly and streamlined.

Ben B.

Using Sapling for work

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I can easily find anything that is available.

Cons

The webpage is sometimes slow to load. Also, the Team members component is a bit awkward to use when looking up multiple people: I cannot open a link (with a team member) in a new tab and must open each link in the same window. When I go back in history to the list, the page needs to reload itself and the pagination preference doesn't persist.

• Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

The on boarding to my new role for very straight forward. Everything was clear and easy to complete.

Pros

The layout and use experience was great and easy to use

Cons

As a user I did not find any issues with this software

Ndidi O.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Onboarding with my company was made simple with Sapling!

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Since our company has operations across multiple states, using Sapling is a perfect solution to keep everyone connected.

Pros

I liked how I was able to connect with my coworkers, see recent new hires, see my work team and also connect to my company's intranet.

Cons

I don't like that all the documents uploaded to the software needed to be in pdf format.

First Time User

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Great for welcoming new hires and alleviating the awkwardness of new day jitters with a new company. I love the access to all of my paperwork and the color coded and dates workflow.

Pros

convenience and ease of use for onboarding with a new company

Cons

Perhaps the UX can be improved in the future for my personal customized dashboard including but not limited to varying color options.

• Industry: Human Resources

Great software, would recommend!

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

How easy the implementation was! We were able to start using Sapling almost instantly, which meant we were able to speed up our onboarding process and save time right from day one.

Cons

There are some features which were not so intuitive, and we had to ask how to do them. But once you know what to do, it is easy to use.

Gui Saueressig's review

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Pros

Great UX - nice overall features, easy to navigate and find what you are looking for (for the most part)

Cons

would be nice to have a way to find which tabs have pending items. Maybe with a bullet on top with a number of outstanding todos. That can be more intuitive.

Brett K.

Excellent experience with Sapling

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

I am very much looking forward to my first day at work with my new company, and Sapling was instrumental in getting me easily through the pre-boarding process. It was crystal clear regarding the tasks I needed to complete, it prompted me when I did not fill out mandatory information, and it clearly showed the tasks I'd completed as soon as they were finished. Just left me with a confidence that all the pre-boarding items I needed to complete were done satisfactorily.

Pros

Just a very clean interface - everything clear, easy to navigate, and overall a painless experience.

Cons

I originally opened it with Internet Explorer. Not sure which version I was on, but all the fields were not there. Problem went away when I opened Sapling up in Chrome.

Rinara R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Overall easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Pros

Easy to use. I did not need to watch intro videos to be able to use it.

Cons

I wanted to skip the "about" entry and complete the rest, then come back to finish it later. That wasn't an option.

Shelby K.

Love the connection of Sapling

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

As a brand new user, I really love all that Sapling has to offer so far. It's a great way to feel connected to my new team before my first day, and an awesome way to feel informed and confident going in. Having worked with other virtual team platforms before, this definitely stands out as a really organized and comprehensive software. Aesthetically pleasing, easy to navigate, great home page organization (all information is noticeably easy to access, does not require lots of travel through links to find) and informative.

Cons

No cons that have come to my attention so far!

First Time using sapling

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

Super intuitive, easy to fill the spaces.

Cons

That I would like to save the information I am filling even though there are missing a flew questions that I preferred to fill later.

Easy Onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

Pros

Made it very easy to get started with my new role - clear onboarding instructions, details about the company, and notifications on tax documents and identification I had to bring.

Cons

The mobile interface wasn't as easy to use -- I started the docs in Mobile and ended up switching back to my computer.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Congrats on the new role and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We strive to ensure that all new hires have the information available to have a successful first day.

In regard to your mobile experience, this is feedback that was previously received and we improved our mobile experience by optimizing it.

Aloysius P.

Overall Pretty Good

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Pros

Robust, easy to use interface, fast communication

Cons

Slow at times. Especially when filling out forms, there is a slow down.

Shuki H.
  • Industry: Events Services

great design and functionality

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

the design is great, it is modern and easy to follow.
overall, the software is very intuitive and responsive,
it is simple to get accustomed to and makes the pre-employment start process very welcoming.

the team member's feature is great and helps give you a general idea of who you are going to be working with.

Cons

I am still not sure what further uses would be for Sapling as I get comfortable with my new position, but social features and events board can defiantly add to it

Aisha breeze T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Smooth on-boarding process

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

As a new employee coming from much smaller organizations in the past, it was extremely helpful to have all of my on boarding information in one place along with a step by step guide for tasks I needed to complete. The site is really easy to navigate, and having the company directory at my fingertips has made early communication with the team much easier.

Pros

Ease of navigation, step by step guide for on-boarding,

Cons

I haven't experienced any issues or downside of the software yet.

Henry L.

Onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

Sapling was very intuitive and easy to navigate. Didn't have to think very much and could find what I was looking for.

Cons

My experience was very walled in so I really don't know much else about Sapling except for what I was using it for (onboarding).

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Sapling with us. We are glad to hear that Sapling was a valuable resources as you went through your pre-boarding and onboarding. We hope it continues being a resource for you.

Rao L.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Straightforward but form filling is hard

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Pros

Straightforward for the most part, and I get to see my future coworker's faces before I start

Cons

No additional help given for tax forms, and some tax forms that require a worksheet don't have the worksheet lines fillable.

Sapling pre-boarding process

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

I'm a senior financial consultant joining a software firm and utilized Sapling as part of my pre-boarding process. A good experience to start my new work.

Pros

Most professional on-boarding process I've ever been part of. Very straight forward and intuitive. Has a eye catching interface and the process was seamless.

Cons

Nothing was essentially difficult, although I did have an issue getting through one screen.

Bryan F.
  • Industry: Events Services

Fast and Easy

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

It was extremely easy to use. From the account creation to completing my profile and hiring documents. It was speedy and felt pretty natural.

Cons

Nothing really. Everything was easy and quick. Everything was organized and laid out in front of me.

Response from Sapling Technologies

We are glad to hear that Sapling was helpful during your onboarding. We hope that Sapling continues to bring you value throughout your employee lifecycle.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

OnBoarding Process

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

This was very user friendly and I had no problem following through.

Cons

There was nothing about the software that I didn't like.