FREE App for sports teams, clubs, leagues & associations

Thai N.

Good, but improvements to usability required!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

Lots of features like putting members into separate groups and communicating with them separately or together. Shop and Payment processing, file sharing, links to external websites, scores, etc.

Cons

1. Club admin can manually enter player details into membership database (for attendance at training, etc) and assign parents/guardians, BUT then their parents can't edit/update the details! This is an unacceptable "bug" because it's logical that parents should be able to edit/update their own children's details.
2. The team selection feature is via a manual text entry box whereby you type players' names in and separate each by moving to another line? What? Why can't the team members be selected from the membership database where that player already exists?
3. App admins and access permissions - need to provide access to coaches and other admins better. At the moment, players need to be grouped eg: Under 10s, Under 11s, etc and for coaches to have access to a team list (for communication purposes or for taking attendance) they have to be a member of THAT group AND THEN granted "Restricted Admin" privileges to that group? WHAT??? WHY?? This seems like a band aid solution that results in the coach/manager being a part of the attendance list when they shouldn't need to be.

Response from Team App

Hi Thai, thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it as it helps to improve our features.

Would be great to discuss these over the phone with you.

If you can send us an email at [email protected] we can organise a time for one of our specialists to call and assist with this feedback.

Regards

John H.

Hurricanes Youth Academy & State Championships

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Team App is a great product and the support we receive is outstanding!

Pros

We are now into our second season using Team App with 270+ athletes and families, 45+ coaches, plus our own staff this App has been outstanding for linking resources, communication, documents, training schedules, and controlling advertising. This is a low cost and efficient solution for us.

Cons

There are no real problems, we would like the option of setting up 'subscriptions' for monthly payments and direct debits.

Sarah G.

Teams in control

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

The training schedules, ability to set groups/teams set training reminders, contact attendees for a change of location/time. I also use the events and the ticketed events to collect information, payments, allocate tickets to functions etc. Its great on the mobile phone and allows the participants to choose what notifications they want to receive the user is in control. Love this product great for sporting teams.

Cons

Its a great product however I do feel that the reporting from the back end could be better - particularly for ticketed events an excel spreadsheet would be good.

Tony W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent, great app and customer support

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Improved comms, streamline our payments, improved our membership database, we are also using our Team App website as our main club website now

Pros

Thats its FREE and has really improved our club communication. Have also used the app to manage our match/training schedules, manage membership and merchandise payments also.

Cons

That we didn't hear about this 2 years ago! We had used another product which was ok but then they started charging for features and published videos which took over the app and could only be removed if you paid more.

Michael R.

Great Experience with Team App

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Very easy to use. Offers multiple, customizable features to fit my needs. Very prompt and helpful customer support. Using it for 3 separate Teams, and has been very easy for members of each team to access information.

Pros

The best features for me and the Teams I organize are the Team Chats (keeps all Team Info in one place), the Event / Calendar Feature (keeps Team up to date on schedules along with the map interface to give directions), and being able to upload documents for Team Members to view. The additional features Team App offers are all a plus to those basic needs I was looking for.

Cons

That I didn't find the app sooner. It would also be helpful to be able to see more than 50 events at a time when synchronizing the calendar to another software such as Google or Outlook. Would also love to have an easier method to see when Team Members have read info in the Team Chats.

• Industry: Sports

Team app makes club life easier

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Pros

Team app has allowed us to have a mechanism to communicate quickly with players and parents, without the risks with some other social media platforms.

Cons

It doesn't have provision to use rich text formatting in NEWS items and image inserts, but given it's a free tool, I can't complain. Customer Support at Team App has been very helpful and supportive, which I very much appreciate.

Tonina T.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best app for tracking teams

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

Pros

Team App is really easy to set up and use. The features just work! Having contact with knowledgeable and friendly support staff made the experience seamless! I love team app!

Cons

nothing!

I use this App with my Hockey Team

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

this app is an incredibly important help in the organization of our team. Without this app we could not plan so safely and easily for future events.

Cons

At the beginning, it's difficult to get all the players to use the app. However, the regular use of the app is more of a problem for the player than a problem of the app.

Richard P.
  • Industry: Automotive

Team App helped me to organize my soccer team!

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

The software allowed me to create and organize my own soccer team and made it easier to communicate with team members.

Pros

The posibility to communicate with people in your group and also to communicate with people from other groups. The software is really easy to use and to understand so it is easy to plan and organize a team. It is also possible to customize the app for it to look just the way you want to which is great cause you can make the app look very professional. The software also allows last minute cancelations.

Cons

It is complicated to add a new member to the group and it has too many ads which makes the app slow sometimes.

Heather C.

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Useful app but not a favorite because of the presentation.

Pros

Team App has allowed a good flow of messaging through the chat feature. Also the calendar is helpful for team specific events.

Cons

I don't care for the look and feel of the app itself. It contains a lot of information in one place but there is something about the look that makes it feel busy.

Response from Team App

Thanks for the feedback.

We are currently making some improvements to the app and website version that will assist with this.

If you would like to speak with one of our local support team so learn how your ap is going, click on the link below to contact us.

Regards

Team App Support.

Cory F.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Makes collaborating with your team simple

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Made it very easy to communicate with players and parents.
Simple to use.

Cons

Receiving the constant messages from all of the parents. Helpful for the coach but lots of messages. Comes with the territory though.

Nush P.

Amazing customer service. Willing to help and make suggestions on everything you need.

Reviewed on 2018/01/27

It's so simple to use and covers all the requirements I need for my club.

Pros

1: It's free, 2: It's easy to use as an administrator, 3: it's easy for users to sign up and use straight away

Rhys O.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Good Tool But Not For Certain Sports

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Having one hub for communication is a great tool for sporting organizations.

Pros

Good features to use and aesthetically pleasing

Cons

Did not match up with the structure of our programs so it was difficult to implement in a way that made sense to our processes.

Vincent G.

Team App review

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall, it was not the best. It just seems like another ap to have that does not offer any extra reason to use.

Pros

Not too much. It is easy to access, but that is about it. It does show well, and is catchy to the eye.

Cons

It is an app that was recommended, but it seems like too many things went wrong. The overall functionality of it has too many blurps and it does not seem secure.

Greg H.

It is simple and effective, easy to use and is solution driven.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Increased communication, relevant information which allows me to and clubs to do what us required in a community space to keep everything operating smoothly

Pros

Accessibility and ease of use and set up. It is also allows for multiple users and is a reality based application.

Cons

The website presence is not great. It is a bit too simple and in my interactions with Soccer clubs who need alot more functionality around populating the detailed information

Response from Team App

Thanks for the great feedback Greg. Our team have already started improving the website presence which will be available very soon for all apps on Team App.

Brenton W.
  • Industry: Sports

Web and App syncing makes Team App a great choice for time poor clubs.

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

Team app has simplified the job of communicating and interacting with our players (senior and junior + parents) our members and supporters. It's assisted at least in part, in promoting our brand beyond the club into the community with benefits in sponsorship attraction and media interest.
Any small club administrator should seriously consider this product, even just the basics are a benefit.

Pros

As a volunteer run organisation, our Australian Rules Football Club (The Unley Football Club) has similar challenges as other such enterprises when it come to available human resource. There is no IT department, no PR guy and no advertising division to promote our brand and communicate with members.
As the sole "Communications Officer" I lead a team on one - me.
Prior to team app, I had to maintain a website, and, in trying to keep up to date with mobile technology, developed a smartphone app using another platform. Due to design limitations there was limited uptake, so after trialing for one season the app was ditched.
But almost on cue, Team App appeared on the market. And at once the benefits were obvious.
- The web platform and admin interface were easy to set up.
- Content on the web platform automatically sync's with the app.
- Push notifications allow events and news to be communicated in real time or scheduled.
- Customization of content available via the app
- Personalized design options
- Purchase of the ad banners to promote own sponsors.
The latter one is a fabulous way to take control of the app's advertising banners. The fee is very reasonable, and we promote the option as a way to encourage higher level sponsorship, our larger contributors getting the additional coverage.
The website also allows for "Custom Pages" which can allow for the creation of additional content as you'd find in any website.
It's simplified the communications role enormously.

Cons

Whilst the App is overall a boon, the app interface has space for 12 active buttons to access the information relevant to what you want. Some of these are automatically linked to web content such as news and events, and some to external links etc. Content that you want to make accessible to website visitors needs to be reflected in an active button on the app, other than the custom pages.
It simply means if you want to have certain content accessible via the website, you tie up a button you might otherwise have used for one of the other exciting features (such as the gallery, the chat rooms etc).
In essence, the degree of customization available is good, but not extensive, which requires a little bit prioritization of what you want available.
There are some fantastic features available which would be great to activate, but the button limit gets in the way. Additionally, some of the optional features would be a bit time consuming to fully capitalize on, eg, player profiles can't be added to or edited by the players themselves.
Despite these issues, the app is a great tool, and the support available can help you get over most issues satisfactorily.

Jeff P.

Baseball Victoria

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

We love it, using ticketing has reduced our workload, we no longer spend hours trying to match EDFT payments or chasing payment.

Pros

Team App's ease of use is its strongest feature.
being able to create groups means we can communicate with only those we need too.
We have recently started using the ticketing as part of our events and found this excellent

Cons

These days people seem to have multiple emails, and don't always use the same.
would be nice if people could have more than one email linked to their account

Craig T.

Amazing free app that has made my life and my teams lives so much better. Great user...

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

Free, easy to use, customization. Great customer support!! Very versatile application that has made my life and those I help manage better.

Cons

Not as easy to update/edit as admin on phone app as it is on website version.

Response from Team App

Thanks Craig, we are currently improving the edit/update ability as an admin on the app which will be available soon.

Frank S.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Love the app, Ease of set-up, Convenient, Informative

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

It keeps me up-to-date with all the events and matches for the teams i follow at local competition.
Saves me from using other apps or websites to look up information.
Frequently updated.

Pros

I like the fact the app has updated news feeds with event and scheduling.
Live scores make it easy on the go to keep up to date with the matches over the day.
Very active on social media which keeps me informed on new updates.

Cons

There isn't much i can fault with the software. The only thing i can say is that hopefully there will be more leagues and competitions added to the platform which will save me from using any other apps.

Kelly Q.
  • Industry: Sports

Great APP and amazing support.

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

It has been exceptional. I work first hand with TeamAPP employee [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he is incredibly efficient helpful. No matter when I need assistance, he has always been there for technical support.

Pros

I like how easy it is to communicate to our members while also holding everyone within the app accountable (admin, coaches, parents and players). It makes running programs for our soccer organization SO much easier. I will continue to not only use this platform, but recommend it to other organizations as well.

Cons

I like everything about it! If I had to choose something, I guess I would say the excel spreadsheet upload is a bit extensive. But this is understandable when it comes to member security and safety.

Craig E.

Connecting Communities

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Very positive, helpful and responsive.

Pros

Ease of Use and Adaptable. It helps track user specifics and provides another platform on which to engage our members.

Cons

Lack of online user manuals/guides has meant we need to be self-taught (but this is a good way of learning about tool and it's functionality)

Leanne M.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Keeps you in contact with your team

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

It gets the message direct to both dancers and parents. It's safe and closed to our team only which gives parents peace of mind.

Pros

Being Dance Studio owner I love that this app is safe for my younger dancers while allowing me to keep them directly informed about what's happening in our team events calendar.

Cons

Not being able to delete multiple documents at a time is a real pain. each document needs to be individually deleted which is a time-waster when you want to clean up.

Doug G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

helps with getting information in a timely manner

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

My experience with Team App has been very favorable.

Pros

I really like how quickly the coaches and administrative people can send out information and that you can also purchase gear and pay for tournaments etc.

Cons

I don;t really have anything negative to say about the Team App. I like how it functions so nothing bad to say.

Osman K.

Best app amongst its competitors!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Prompt updates, news, communication with club and team mates.

Pros

Easy to use, interface simplicity, details where necessary. The ability to do push notifications to users also allows prompt responses, especially in the case of last minute updates in a sports team scenario.

Cons

I can only think of the process of loading of the application. Between screens and when selecting which section of the app you are using. However, in comparison to others, they are probably still the fastest.

Megan T.

We love TeamApp

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

I have very much enjoyed using TeamApp. It has everything we have been looking for and what it lacks is minor. The support team is fabulous, they respond right away and are very helpful. You have a great product!

Pros

I love that I can customize the software to make it work just for our team. Many team software packages have names hardcoded in such as Player, Game, etc but that does not make sense for a gymnastics team and causes confusion.

Cons

I would like the software to also send push notifications to text messages, the ability to "cheer" new items or chat messages, and the ability to post a spreadsheet to the Documents folder.