Team App

4,5
4,7
Eric B.
Industry: Computer Software

I've used team app as a coach and parent for over 5 years. I loved the app the first time I used it

Reviewed on 2018/01/27

I kept my players and coaches up to date on schedules, changes, and general communications. It made team coordination easy for me. It was useful for parents to have rosters and player info in the app and not have to print out and distribute information. It was fun for the players to have their own "Team App" including their bios, team photos, etc. We made up a team name and logo which reinforced brought players together as a team.

Pros

First, the product is VERY easy to set up. You can start with a very basic team app and grow it as need and time permits. The best parts is users love it, from players, to parents, to coaches. User adoption is king. Finally, you can customize it to the point it looks like a very professional app that is tailored to your needs.

Cons

No kidding, I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. I could complain about the ad model, but the app is free, and for the richness of features an can put up with the ads. Further more, if I want to pay up I can turn them off or use them as a fundraising source. Usually customer service is an issue with these types of "free" apps, but the TeamApp folks are awesome,

Pam B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Excellent for teams, crews, and other groups

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Ease of communication, able to input comprehensive information for members, easy for them to use, it really is an excellent app.

Pros

Fairly easy to set up, (but NOT under 10 minutes as they say.... more like 30)
Support are fantastic, quick to respond and extremely helpful at problem solving
App itself has SO many options to add info for your organisation.
It is VERY adaptable to whatever crew/team you are running. We are a volunteer fire brigade and just re named some of the buttons

Cons

Nothing really. It takes longer than 10 minutes to set up tho!

Stephen B.
Industry: Sports

So much easier than the old way we used to do things!

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Like I said before, now I just put one message into the app and it will be delivered however I want to whoever I want. Easiest way to get messages to a group of people, especially 150+ people on a swim team!

Pros

I can now send out one message to the app and all of the parents on my team will be notified. No more do I have to send out a bunch of emails and texts and call people to make sure that everyone knows what's going.

Cons

Not all parents like all of the different notifications they get, but I like to let them know there is an update and when they get notified three different ways they're bound to read at least one of them.

Vincent G.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Team App review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall, it was not the best. It just seems like another ap to have that does not offer any extra reason to use.

Pros

Not too much. It is easy to access, but that is about it. It does show well, and is catchy to the eye.

Cons

It is an app that was recommended, but it seems like too many things went wrong. The overall functionality of it has too many blurps and it does not seem secure.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Zach N.
Industry: Hospitality

Team App!

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Pros

The ability to send out information to mass amounts of people instantly

Cons

Map feature can cause false directions sometimes

Joann B.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great App!

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

We use to have trouble contacting and communicating with parents by just calling and emailing. This is a great app to let the parents know instantaneously about what events going on, when fees are due and of any practice changes.

Pros

Being able to send team parents instant notifications about what's going on. The option of sending an email along with news. Being able to chat with parents without giving out our personal phone and emails out.

Cons

There are some ads but it is a free app. Overall, there are way more pros than cons. Love the Team app!

Response from Team App

Thanks for the feedback!

Greg H.

It is simple and effective, easy to use and is solution driven.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Increased communication, relevant information which allows me to and clubs to do what us required in a community space to keep everything operating smoothly

Pros

Accessibility and ease of use and set up. It is also allows for multiple users and is a reality based application.

Cons

The website presence is not great. It is a bit too simple and in my interactions with Soccer clubs who need alot more functionality around populating the detailed information

Response from Team App

Thanks for the great feedback Greg. Our team have already started improving the website presence which will be available very soon for all apps on Team App.

Kelly Q.
Industry: Sports

Great APP and amazing support.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/02/10

It has been exceptional. I work first hand with TeamAPP employee [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he is incredibly efficient helpful. No matter when I need assistance, he has always been there for technical support.

Pros

I like how easy it is to communicate to our members while also holding everyone within the app accountable (admin, coaches, parents and players). It makes running programs for our soccer organization SO much easier. I will continue to not only use this platform, but recommend it to other organizations as well.

Cons

I like everything about it! If I had to choose something, I guess I would say the excel spreadsheet upload is a bit extensive. But this is understandable when it comes to member security and safety.

Travis B.

The Tool for Team Communication

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

This is an absolutely wonderful tool I wouldn't dare coach without.

Pros

This is the premiere tool for communicating with your team. Regardless of the sport you play (or even if your team doesn't play a sport), this is the tool to have. Adding information is easy whether you use the website or the app, and getting notifications and allowing your team to communicate within the app is all seamless.

Cons

Nothing. This is the only communication tool I would use for my kid's sports teams.

Leanne M.
Industry: Performing Arts

Keeps you in contact with your team

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/02/06

It gets the message direct to both dancers and parents. It's safe and closed to our team only which gives parents peace of mind.

Pros

Being Dance Studio owner I love that this app is safe for my younger dancers while allowing me to keep them directly informed about what's happening in our team events calendar.

Cons

Not being able to delete multiple documents at a time is a real pain. each document needs to be individually deleted which is a time-waster when you want to clean up.

Brenton W.
Industry: Sports

Web and App syncing makes Team App a great choice for time poor clubs.

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

Team app has simplified the job of communicating and interacting with our players (senior and junior + parents) our members and supporters. It's assisted at least in part, in promoting our brand beyond the club into the community with benefits in sponsorship attraction and media interest.
Any small club administrator should seriously consider this product, even just the basics are a benefit.

Pros

As a volunteer run organisation, our Australian Rules Football Club (The Unley Football Club) has similar challenges as other such enterprises when it come to available human resource. There is no IT department, no PR guy and no advertising division to promote our brand and communicate with members.
As the sole "Communications Officer" I lead a team on one - me.
Prior to team app, I had to maintain a website, and, in trying to keep up to date with mobile technology, developed a smartphone app using another platform. Due to design limitations there was limited uptake, so after trialing for one season the app was ditched.
But almost on cue, Team App appeared on the market. And at once the benefits were obvious.
- The web platform and admin interface were easy to set up.
- Content on the web platform automatically sync's with the app.
- Push notifications allow events and news to be communicated in real time or scheduled.
- Customization of content available via the app
- Personalized design options
- Purchase of the ad banners to promote own sponsors.
The latter one is a fabulous way to take control of the app's advertising banners. The fee is very reasonable, and we promote the option as a way to encourage higher level sponsorship, our larger contributors getting the additional coverage.
The website also allows for "Custom Pages" which can allow for the creation of additional content as you'd find in any website.
It's simplified the communications role enormously.

Cons

Whilst the App is overall a boon, the app interface has space for 12 active buttons to access the information relevant to what you want. Some of these are automatically linked to web content such as news and events, and some to external links etc. Content that you want to make accessible to website visitors needs to be reflected in an active button on the app, other than the custom pages.
It simply means if you want to have certain content accessible via the website, you tie up a button you might otherwise have used for one of the other exciting features (such as the gallery, the chat rooms etc).
In essence, the degree of customization available is good, but not extensive, which requires a little bit prioritization of what you want available.
There are some fantastic features available which would be great to activate, but the button limit gets in the way. Additionally, some of the optional features would be a bit time consuming to fully capitalize on, eg, player profiles can't be added to or edited by the players themselves.
Despite these issues, the app is a great tool, and the support available can help you get over most issues satisfactorily.

Cameron W.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Perspective of an administrator review

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Overall, this app has been a major asset for our league and we are very glad we began to use it for this season. It makes a lot of administration requirements really easy to achieve. We look forward to usng the app for many years to come.

Pros

- encapsulates every platform in one: newsletters, social media, websites, uniform stores, calendars etc.
- really user friendly
- simple to use all features
- can tailor it for what your own specific organisation needs

Cons

- exporting uniform payments: i think the excel spreadsheet that is exported from stores can be simplified. In the spreadsheet it shows each individual item purchased as one row each, i believe it would make it a lot easier if it had one row per person and in an individual cell have each item they purchased.
- attendance feature of an event: we have 9 coaches who are restricted admin, and at the end of training each coach gets kids to come and tick off their name. However, Team App only saves the attended umpires as the ones who were ticked off by the LAST coach to click save. Furthermore the the 8 coach's lists of names they ticked off are scratched and it appears that those umpires did not attend the event.
- news items style: it would be great if you had a feature when doing news posts, or events in the description of events etc that you can be able to: bold, italics and underline the text you are writing to emphasize certain points. Also if you could put hyperlinks into the texts too.
- chat room: when scrolling up to load older comments it scrolls back to the most recent messages.
- member contact: when opening up the member profile and clicking their mobile number there is no option to copy their number (to text) it only lets you call directly

Kristy G.

Game changer for clubs!

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Overall it's been a huge relief for our club to have Team App. Previously we had players feeling like they missed certain communications around functions etc, where now they know where all information is found, and recieve notifications and reminders about everything.
The ability to sell things in the same place has been great, and hopefully will still improve over time.
Thanks to customer rep. from Team App for always being a huge help also!
Cheers

Pros

The 2 things we like best are the ability to get a message ourout to entire club quickly and with ease, without it becoming just another email message, and secondly, the ability to apply players fees and merchandise costs direct to them and have reminders sent without the usual legwork. Has saved so much time and stress!

Cons

Inability to add stock levels to merchandise or break into sizing with stock levels. I love the store in general but it's very basic at this point.

Response from Team App

Thanks for the feedback Kristy!

We will be adding the ability to add stock levels to the 'Store' very soon and the option for you to set up automatic monthly membership payments in addition to annual for users.

Thai N.

Good, but improvements to usability required!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

Lots of features like putting members into separate groups and communicating with them separately or together. Shop and Payment processing, file sharing, links to external websites, scores, etc.

Cons

1. Club admin can manually enter player details into membership database (for attendance at training, etc) and assign parents/guardians, BUT then their parents can't edit/update the details! This is an unacceptable "bug" because it's logical that parents should be able to edit/update their own children's details.
2. The team selection feature is via a manual text entry box whereby you type players' names in and separate each by moving to another line? What? Why can't the team members be selected from the membership database where that player already exists?
3. App admins and access permissions - need to provide access to coaches and other admins better. At the moment, players need to be grouped eg: Under 10s, Under 11s, etc and for coaches to have access to a team list (for communication purposes or for taking attendance) they have to be a member of THAT group AND THEN granted "Restricted Admin" privileges to that group? WHAT??? WHY?? This seems like a band aid solution that results in the coach/manager being a part of the attendance list when they shouldn't need to be.

Response from Team App

Hi Thai, thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it as it helps to improve our features.

Would be great to discuss these over the phone with you.

If you can send us an email at [email protected] we can organise a time for one of our specialists to call and assist with this feedback.

Regards

Team App

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Stephen L.

Support from Team App has been fantastic. Great for sporting organisations. Love the iPhone app

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Reduction in administrative workload
Great user acceptance

Pros

There are many things I like about this software:
- website version plus iPhone / Android apps
- simple for users but powerful for website / membership administrators
- vertical integration between Clubs and parent / national associations
- Clubs / organisations can use the advertising module to generate revenue
- powerful events registration functionality
- Team Register / Lists
- News functionality
- ability to feature one or more: news items and events
- annual subs billing through Stripe - much more reliable / user friendly than PayPal
- event charging through Stripe
- integration of maps with locations
- push notifications
- opt in/out of member directory
- ability to restrict content access to specific member groups, and
- great email/phone support

Cons

There are a few areas where Team App need to improve and they have already acknowledged these to me and included them in their development pathway:
- Need to add Member Directory in web version
- Need to link the Team Register / Lists with the membership database

Chris Y.
Industry: Sports

Could not recommend it more

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

I have worked with Team App over the last 2.5 years as a Media and Marketing Manager with AFL Goldfields (major football netball hub) and as a club volunteer.
Representative and the team have created something spectacular that is very user friendly and targets our club and league members immediately and efficiently.
I use Team App two to three times a day on average as a club volunteer to make sure our club members are up to date. I have since moved away from the area where my club has based but find it a remarkable resource to be engaged with all of the club's facilities.
I have recommended this software to other businesses and find it the best way to be in touch with our community.

Cons

I cannot fault anything with this software.

Jason G.

Team App @ Chatswood Junior Rugby

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

We have had a great uptake in Year 1 across the Club, eliminating or largely doing away with email communications (and the associated issues with that). It has transformed the communication within the club and contributed to an overall improvement in busy parents lives due to the information being available as and when suitable for the user.

Pros

We have used Team App for 3 seasons now @ Chatswood Junior Rugby. It has transformed the way we communicate in a two-way manner with our club members. The ability to have all the information - news, events, game draw etc. - available in a clean interface is brilliant.

Cons

The inability to 'mass' load a season draw for teams.
The alignment of the administration levels between team, age group and whole of club.
The ease of 'rolling forward' an age group from one year to the next

Nina W.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great customer support

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Whenever we encountered problems or needed assistance there was always someone from Team App on the end of the phone to take our call. Their support staff were what kept us persisting with the use of the app in a non-sporting club setting

Pros

We were able to adapt the platform to use for physical activity programs run by local government. So it wasn't a perfect match but the Team App staff were amazing and listened to our recommendations.
Pros
- take bookings and enquiries
- create separate apps for each activity with all being linked to the local government agency
- ability to receive payments and transfer these funds to different providers

Cons

- The login/ registration process was not simple and intuitive. This was sometimes off-putting for people using the app for the first time.
- Would like to be able to better communicate with all members of the individual apps at one time.

Clayton W.
Industry: Sports

Our centralized point of communication

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

We now have a central spot for communication with our wider player, supporters, ex players and other fans to communicate what is occurring on a day to day.

Pros

It’s reallt easy to use, onboard people and provide updates. Our most used section would be events and then the news section to pass out information when needed. Live scores is always the best feature as everyone keeps up to date with what is going on.

Cons

Read receipts on news items is the only change I would do but I believe that this is changing soon so that would be great.

Response from Team App

Thanks for the feedback!

We will be adding 'read receipts' in the near future so you can see which users have or have not read your news items.

Mike B.
Industry: Investment Management
Company size: Self Employed

This has been a great one stop shop app for all kinds of team functions.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Ease of managing multiple teams, communication is team specific, and parent volunteer tasks can be integrated with games, practices, and coaches communication is targeted only to the necessary audience.

Pros

I like that you can integrate schedules, with volunteer assignments and communication. The best part is that it can be structured to support multiple teams, and yet, the members only need to see what they want to see, or need to see.

Cons

It is a bit complex and non-intuitive to set up and manage. With experience, it becomes easier, but it is not something you just jump in start using. Part of that complexity is what makes it great to use though too.

Team App for Teams!

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

It has been great and keeps me up to date with what is going on with the teams I work with as well as the ones that my kids play on.

Pros

I love the messaging feature to separate personal emails and messaging. Great features for keeping only members you allow to see news postings, schedules, photos, standings, social media, profiles and more all in one place. Can place more than one team here as well.

Cons

Not much. It is very easy to activate and great user interface. Advertising is annoying but necessary to make this affordable.

Jeff P.

Baseball Victoria

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

We love it, using ticketing has reduced our workload, we no longer spend hours trying to match EDFT payments or chasing payment.

Pros

Team App's ease of use is its strongest feature.
being able to create groups means we can communicate with only those we need too.
We have recently started using the ticketing as part of our events and found this excellent

Cons

These days people seem to have multiple emails, and don't always use the same.
would be nice if people could have more than one email linked to their account

Crystal G.

As a parent and coach, I love this app. So easy to use and to monitor.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I love that I can quickly contact my team to send out schedule changes, event updates, and quick reminders. This is a secure app that allows coaches the safety to contact their student athletes in relative safety. Additionally, you can attach outside schedules and websites as links within the app. Student/athletes have a safe environment to converse With adults present to monitor who can choose whether or not to interfere/intervene. Also, as a coach, you can have multiple pages depending on the number of teams that you coach. This is wonderful app for this new generation.

Cons

The ads within the app can be s bit distracting and can make the app run s bit slower, especially when running off of data in s s slower área.

Team App is a simple and effective way to communicate with a large number of people

Reviewed on 2018/01/28

Pros

The ability to have a large number of people in the database and be able to send relevant information to different groups of people within the database.
I have a range of different groups within my database including Management, Coaches, Parents, Junior Golfers, Academy, Development and Representative Squads and other interested parties.
Team App allows me to separate all the groups and effectively communicate with an individual group, multiple groups or the entire database which ensures everyone receives information that is relevant to them.

Aaron T.

Team App review

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Team app has transformed the way teams communicate and manage the day to day operations of a club and the teams with in it. It has made my life easier and simplified the communication when it comes to communicating with in the club.

Pros

its easy to use, has great features and has transformed the team communication and management

Cons

I am not sure there are any. They have thought of everything

Response from Team App

Thanks for the feedback!