Disciple

Create your own community app. No coding required.

4,4
4,6
Karen H.
Industry: Sports

Fantastic company, great product!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

I'm very pleased to date with Disciple's product, service, training and support, and look forward to a long future with them.

Pros

Disciple does a stellar job working with the individual needs of their clients. Great communication, training, and an evolving product that I think will grow nicely with our needs.

Cons

There are some limitations, but there are enhancements coming down the wire that I expect will help fill the voids. Customer service is responsive, but take into consideration any time zone differences, as this results in next-day replies when I have questions or need support.

Ryan k M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Excellent product and service!

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

The sales process with Mo was easy and not pushy. Very clear and easy to comprehend and the service with my account rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been phenomenal.

Pros

The Disciple platform has allowed us to connect and share information like never before. We were previously using a Wordpress members site and tried every forum and app program under the sun. We tried Buddypress, bbPress, Peepso, WP-Foro, Appresser, Mobiloud, Bizness Apps, AppyPie, you name it, we tried it. We tried all the cheap options and once we committed to Disciple, it's been a smooth ride ever since.

Cons

Disciple is still fairly new and while everything works perfectly and we've had zero issues, they are still behind a little on features including admin design control and ability to turn off and on different features. Each update has brought on welcomed enhancements and upgrades though, so I expect it will all work out. The company is also based out of London, so communication can be a challenge for us as we are in the U.S with different time zones.

Hayley S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Fab product, only let down by tech issues & poor attitude from support

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

The onboarding process was great. Our Community Specialist and then our Community Success Manager were both absolutely fantastic; really helpful and responsive. The app had some technical issues which we would expect initially, but these have been ongoing and feedback tells us that this has resulted in some people leaving or not using the app. When I personally experienced an issue with a long load time that led to me not using the app for a while. I was given instructions to: log out and quit the app; power-cycle your device; go to Setting on your device and find Quiet Connections app in the list at the bottom of this view; turn on the toggle for Clear data on next launch; then reopen Quiet Connections, log back in and test if the issue persists.

When I shared that this worked for me and asked if they were working on a solution because a) I felt it was unprofessional to tell our users to go through this process and b) our users are socially anxious so they would not even attempt to reach out to resolve an issue like this (they would just leave), The Manager of the Support told me: "customers DO reach out" and "I'm fairly certain that you're familiar with the tv show "IT Crowd", it's great don't get me wrong, however, as someone with more than 10 years of experience in the tech support field it pains me it made the public assume that power-cycling ("have you tried turning it off and on again") is just a gag or even worse, it's perceived as "unprofessional"."

Pros

We loved how quickly this app was ready to go. It was the ideal solution to connect our community when the UK went into lockdown and our support groups had to stop. We most like the forum, private messaging, and post scheduling features. The ability to create and arrange folders has been helpful too.

Cons

There have been a number of technical issues that have resulted in people not using the app, such as it taking a long time to load or suddenly closing down; or the buttons and text being colours that meant they couldn't be seen on certain phones whereas they were working fine on others. There were issues with the welcome email displaying incorrectly, that meant we had to use plain text. Initially we were surprised to find that people's messages could be shared outside of the app, but this function was updated when we asked.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Nik K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Disciple community launch

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Great. easy, efficient and transparent with all dealings with clear value proposition and clear breakdown of whats available with options.

Pros

easy to setup, great cms, instant value for users. enabled me to focus on other areas of the business while the team could go on with focusing on the product launch.

Cons

n/a - all of the competitors promise more features but were vague about how good these are or how they are delivered. Disciple was different here.

Mark W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Fantastic app platform has brought our community to life

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Great product - well designed, reliable, flexible, community-focused and easy to use. And supported by a great team too - super helpful and responsive, giving time generously whenever needed and going above and beyond to investigate issues when needed.

Pros

Proven and well-designed platform which great functionality which allowed us to launch a high quality app for our community with minimal effort and maximum impact. We had high hopes and the results have exceeded our expectations. Our community loves using the app, it gets great engagement and the support from the Disciple team has been first class. Highly recommended

Cons

When we first launched there were a few minor quirks and potential areas for improvement, as with any application. But Disciple has already rolled out enhancements for most of these and seems to have a strong pipeline of upcoming changes which will further enhance the user experience too.

Emma D.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Best alternative to Facebook groups

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Disciple gives me a safe place for my community to meet, with no data mining, no tracking, no third party ads. It's a clean interface, easy to schedule, and with improvements being added every month.

Pros

It's ready to go straight out of the box. I wanted an alternative to Facebook groups that was private and functional. My community love the new space - I was worried about making the switch but should have done it years ago.

Very easy on-boarding but many layers to the software so you can develop it in a way that suits your community. Lots of help from the Disciple team - I've had an issue sorted out within an hour at 8pm on a Friday evening.

Cons

Disciple have already addressed my main concern - there used to be no formal way to suggest improvements but now we have our own app for community managers to discuss improvements.

Rebecca G.
Industry: Retail

Extremely happy, a well-rounded company with excellent customer service.

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

My experience with disciple media was top-notch. Their team is a fantastic group of people, extremely helpful and very knowledgeable.

Pros

The ease-of-use. Disciple software is very easy to use, I love the ability to send out push notifications, have individual administrative posts, folder and sub folder capability and so much more.

Cons

I have to see the price. It is a little bit expensive if you are just building your subscriber ship. It’s unfortunately the reason we ended up Migrating to a new platform.

Peter N.
Industry: Farming

Peter Newman, MyResearchAgro

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Excellent. I have had no hitches with the software and the support has always been great. They are always looking to improve and always help with tweaking my app.

Pros

It worked straight away and I could see what I was getting before I locked in by looking at other apps on the Disciple platform. I needed something with Push notifications and Disciple delivered.

Cons

As far as a social platform goes it is not quite as good as the likes of Twitter and Facebook but that is to be expected. The CMS took a little while to learn but it didn't take long to get to know it.

Michelle C.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent product for quick set up and rapid deployment

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Disciple's customer service is outstanding. A knowledgeable, efficient, extremely amiable team of people committed to their product and their customers.

Pros

The user inter face is intuitive and clean. The product was relatively easy to set up and distribute.

Cons

There are a few small features that could be better (sharing content with other users within the app, for example or more flexibility when creating a post), but Disciple has made a point of regularly consulting with their customers and we see improvements every month.

Mike O.
Industry: Farming

This is a solid platform and a great value

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

If you're looking for the functionality they offer, this is a clear winner. Software is stable and simple. Value is great and the customer support if very very strong. more than I would have expected given the price. Thanks guys!

Pros

It's simple, straight forward and easy to configure with the help of their great support staff.

Cons

There were some things I'd like to customize that I couldn't, but those needs were pretty unique to our needs. Many of the tweaks we wanted they were able to deliver pretty quickly.

Holly W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Outstanding Product and Exceptional Customer Experience!

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

First class experience from making the first contact with Disciple to getting our apps live in the app stores. The software is outstanding for the price we pay each month and they really do have exceptional customer service. When people with uber tech experience ask us how we created our app.....you know you have a super product and for a fraction of the cost of doing your own. Thank you Disciple.

Pros

Our community members love how easy it is to use. They also tell us how great the app looks.
It really does feel and look like our own app with all the benefits of the software updates and new features all for the same monthly fee.

Cons

CMS is still relatively new so doesn't all of the short cuts you would want. However these are all on the way so very happy that the CMS features will grow with our community.

Mark W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

We love the Disciple platform

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Disciple helped us launch a great app to engage our community and it was a big success. Simple as that really

Pros

Intuitive, reliable and customisable product backed up by a great team

Cons

It's still fairly early days for the product development so although it's already really good there will hopefully be even more great functionality and enhancements in future too

Nicole J.
Industry: Education Management

Great job

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Disciple has been great. I really appreciate the videos and the hands on engagement. I also appreciate the step by step instructions for parts of the process that are outside of disciple.

Pros

I enjoy the user friendly nature. Things are familiar and it's easy to navigate even if I'm not entirely sure of how it works at first glance.

Cons

I actually don't have many cons. I will say the tools in the app are pretty basic and would love to see some more variety, but honestly it's been a great experience.

Ross C.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

I've had a fantastic experience. What really stands out is the customer service. Also, they've thought of everything and have really done their homework on tutorials and what people will need help with.

Pros

All features are great, clean and work as expected.

Cons

Features are limited. For a company that builds communities, it'd be nice to have a conference call option. zoom style.

Fabiola G.
Company size: Self Employed

Vision Changer

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

amazing , each person i was assigned helped me so much. I enjoyed the collective app as a resource

Pros

I think the organization of this software is great, its clean, straight to the point and its user friendly

Cons

I wish instead of deleting something we could archive it instead just incase it could be placed into a diffenert folder

Kerry K.
Industry: Education Management

Disciple Makes Creating an App Easy!

Outstanding.

Pros

They guide you step-by-step through the process of app design, populating an app, and getting it ready for launch. Great tech-support staff.

Cons

One of the features of our app isn't available on Android...we're hoping Disciple builds that for Androids soon. No other issues with Disciple whatsoever.

Christian D.
Industry: Music

Brilliant!

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Overall, it's been one of the best experiences, ever! As I mentioned, the best customer service one could ask for. As for the app, its features cover anything you would really need to engage your audience and to rapidly build your audience. I have no complaints.

Pros

Customer service is second to none! The software is very relevant and comprehensive. All of the features you need to engage, showcase, and connect is at your fingertips.

Cons

No cons really. The software will become more intuitive as it progresses.

Perry T.
Industry: Facilities Services

Hmmm - unpleasant, to be kind

Reviewed on 2020/03/08

Lack of integrity from leadership - sold out to our competitors and facilitated them launching before us. We spent hundreds of hours redesigning it, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave us one free month and 1000 members for free (when we only have 100 members, so it's no value at this point, and no cost to him). Be careful.

Pros

It's versatile, and has a nice CMS on the PC

Cons

It's clunky, but that's OK - It's still a potential game changer.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Christopher M.
Industry: Online Media

revolutionary product

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

combination of live video, messenger, social media, blog and podcast

Cons

nothing yet! my business Wings Of The Eagle is building an app for our church with them right now!