SimpleTix

eTicketing for the performing arts

Pratibha K.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great ticketing software with reserved seating features

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Pros

The overdue review - Simpletix was able to solve my organization's need of providing reserved seating. With some learning, I was able to create a seating chart, assign differing prices to seats (even within different rows and seating blocks), and integrate the software to payment gateways seamlessly. The customer support I received was excellent, and really helped me (not knowing any css programming) customize the software per my requirement. The turnaround time for my queries was quite fast, with support available on weekends. Despite a couple of concerns as I have mentioned in the "Cons" section, I will definitely use Simpletix again for all of my ticketing needs in the future and recommend it to others.

Cons

One major concern I faced was that I had to redo the entire seating chart (with the complicated layout and the differing prices) 1 day before our launch due to some software issue. I did receive support for this, but I would have liked to avoid the last minute scramble. Also, updates to the code in the background caused a few minor changes, but I did get good customer support in addressing them.
Finally, I found that the help and user guides were somewhat confusing in the way they have been organized, and can be arranged in a more intuitive fashion.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for the feedback Pratibha. Since your event we have made many improvements to the chart builder. When it comes time to your next event you will like the new updates!

Whit G.

Great software for free events

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

I found out about SimpleTix through a DonorPerfect conference. This is a great service for us because our events are free to attend. SimpleTix offers their service for free to people who are offering free events so this has been a wonderful help to us.

Pros

A lot of features are included in the free version. Automatically emailing tickets to our attendees makes our event feel more professional. It also integrates with our DonorPerfect system which is helpful.

Cons

We run events in three different countries, and we couldn't really manage all of our events from one account. I ended up having to setup a separate account for each country. That's not the end of the world, but it does make it more confusing for the users in our office.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your kind words Whit. We plan to add more features for Donor Perfect customers in the coming weeks.

Deborah B.

Perfect answer for our small event!

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

Don't know yet. Hoping being online will increase our attendance.

Pros

SimpleTix allows us, as a small one time a year event, to have online registration we can afford! We were able to customize our forms to look great and interface with Square for credit card sales. The software lets you make all the decisions and the support staff has been amazing when I got stuck. They respond super fast and are full of great ideas!

Cons

The learning curve for settings took longer than I expected. There are a few areas that seem to overlap and that required some duplication of work. There were things I just didn't realize from a surface look that were easy once support staff pointed me in the right direction. Perhaps an FAQ or settings overview document would help.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your feedback Deborah.

Heather P.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

When planning classes/events out of town, it's nice to know that the head count is set so I can order product and have it drop shipped based on the online registrations I've received with SimpleTix.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use with the ability to customize many of the features. If you get into a bind, their customer service and response time is out of this world! That means a lot to me as a client.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like. I have a small business with some needs that may not be something that there is a function for, but something tells me that these guys will help me figure out how to make what I need happen.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks Heather!

Wendy B.

Quick and Easy to Use AND Outstanding Service Support

Reviewed on 2015/06/25

Since I tend to be technology challenged I was a little leery about using an online ticket selling provider for our events. Worked with the great people at Simpletix and they not only got me through our event, we have subsequently used them for five more events. When you are a small operation, having Simpletix in your corner is wonderful.

In addition to being easy, if you do have questions, you will get an immediate response from an intelligent and customer service oriented individual. I look forward to partnering with Simpletix on future events.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks your review Wendy!

Larry L.

No need to shop around!

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

We have used other ticketing platforms for our events and have struggled to find one that would allow us to offer customization for our ticket holders with out destroying our bottom line. SimpleTix was the answer and the fee system is very fare, one of the best we could find. SimpleTix is very flexible and the support staff are very dialed into our success. They even gave us pointers on setting up a payment portal that would help our non-profit save even more money. Thank you Aron and SimpleTix!! We will recommend you guys for sure.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for the review Larry!

Deshan P.

Great features! Excellent service!

Reviewed on 2016/03/21

I was pleasantly surprised when I came across SimpleTix early 2015 and my experience has only improved since then. Unique features like Survey Questions have saved me a ton of time and really streamlined my administration processes. The customer service is fast, friendly and very effective. The website is continually improving and I look forward to future updates and features.

Response from SimpleTix

Deshan has been using SimpleTix in both S. Africa and New Zealand. Welcome back!

Christine N.

Great experience, particularly with customer support

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Our small company can sell tickets to an event with very low fees (much less than what I found from sites like eventbrite).

Pros

It's relatively easy to use, but more importantly, when I had an issue I received a solution from tech support in an hour. The customer rep was incredibly helpful.

Cons

It may take a little time to figure out some of the bells and whistles, but really the software is pretty easy to use.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Christine, we love working with Universities.

Buster A.

We're an annual community event that happens once-a-year, this is our first time using...

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Organizing attendees for a five-day festival and contest, so we want to track who is interested in attending and be able to promote with discount codes and other perks. Also able to issue manual tickets, have them emailed, or sent as text to phone. Also lots of ways to set up your site with a theme, though I decided the standard look was the best for me. Honestly, I like having the ability to customize and this site allows so much customization. Also, they don't hold back all the features for the premium membership, they're generous with the features you get compared to other, more expensive sites even if you stick to the basic level. I would totally use the premium features, but we aren't at that budget level yet. However, under a less amount for each ticket is a great deal.

Pros

Everything I could imagine needing from this software is included in the basic features. The cost-per-ticket is less (less if you pre-print) AND SimpleTix helps us figure out the Square pass-through fees and include them in the service fee cost. Had no issues setting up Square. I like that anyone can use their phone to scan with the app. To be fair, at the time of this review I have used the website to setup a pretty decent ticket portal, but we haven't tested it at the door yet. We are excited that we can change the email form letters that people get when they order. I think getting actual labeled tickets makes the guests feel more confident as well.

Cons

I don't think it's a con, but in order to maximize the program/website, you may have to ask a few questions. There was no issue for me on that part, I received a more-than-thorough response any time I needed it. (I accessed help by phone and email, both were outstanding and easy.)

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Adam!

Tim J.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

I had missed a step in setting up payment. Received fast response to complete the process.

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

Pros

As a small non-profit with only one major annual fundraiser, SimpleTix provides great pre/post reporting, it's easy to navigate, most importantly-easy for my guests to purchase tickets. I've only needed customer support one time. I reached out at end of business day and would have been pleased to have received a response the next morning. I leave the office, go to dinner, check my emails and had received a response by email with the solution less than an hour after submitting a ticket. I was able to correct the issue with my phone using the link provided and we were ready to sell tickets! Additionally, when I got to the office the next morning I had received a phone call from Aron on how to address the issue. Impressive!

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Tim!

Jerry S.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Customer Service Response is usually fast, but this company has oversold its capability. The...

Reviewed on 2018/02/10

I would not recommend this system; we will be abandoning it at the end of this season, even though we love the price.

Pros

The cost is very reasonable. The customer service person is usually fast to respond. However, when we point out to him that his server is slow, and the system is slow, he seems to gloss over that problem.

Cons

We have many, many complaints about the speed of the site, customers getting locked out, seats that were abandoned in the shopping carts being held as "unavailable" to future patrons (which means lost revenue). The back-end interface is confusing, and could use a real examination and streamlining. You can't always get to what you need, and I never feel like I know the exact steps to find something.

Peggy V.

Great company to work with!

Reviewed on 2013/09/19

We've been using Simpletix for quite some time now. We have performances and ticket buyers all over Europe, which can make things complicated at times. For instance, we found out the Dutch don't like paying by Paypal nor credit card. Together with Simpletix we found out how to implement iDeal (a payment gateway mostly used by the Dutch) and got it to work within a couple of days. It took a lot of hours of work for Simpletix, so I'm very grateful Aron and his team were so patient and willing to help any hour of the day. Definitely recommended!

Judith P.

Process Review

Reviewed on 2013/12/07

Customer service with excellence and compassion! Having been left by a work colleague, with an end product to complete with ticket sales beginning for a large event, I received immediate, efficient and successful technical support from SimpleTix. I am excited to use this product for 1000+ ticket sales, creation of database of personal identifiable information including email addresses and ease of accounting as it interfaces with my online accounts receivables.

Great product and great service.

Ser. S.

Impressive customer service

Reviewed on 2015/06/01

I just began using SimpleTix. I had a technical issue and sent them an email. Someone called me back almost immediately and guided me on how to fix my issue. It was an easy fix! I have been impressed because it usually takes a long time before one can get through to a customer support person these days. I look forward to using SimpleTix.

Response from SimpleTix

thanks for your kind words :)

Denise S.

Great Back-End Ticket Partner

Reviewed on 2014/10/11

Enjoyed using this to sell 12,000 tickets to the event with Kevin Costner and Bob Costas at our farm. The leadership team for this software was easy to work with and responsive.

Response from SimpleTix

This was our largest event to date, great to hear how well it worked!

Gwyn N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Fabulous Ticketing Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

SimpleTix handles every aspect of ticketing for our classes - from initial sales and roster creation to allergy alerts and easy communication with our guests. And much of it is automated - leaving time for us to focus on other things.

Cons

The only thing that would make our experience any better would be how our guests redeem gift cards. That we still need to do manually.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Gwyn. All your cooking classes look really amazing. Thanks for being a SimpleTix customer the past 2 years.

Meryl S.

Well, I'm SOLD!

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

I have used many other platforms and so far this is my favorite.

Pros

The ease and flexibility of the software.
The customer service is very responsive.

Cons

I'd like more flexibility in the return receipt email confirmation

Kate Y.

A quick an easy solution

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

So glad we found this program. It integrates very easily with Square which we already use. Setup and management are very easy.

Pros

This was so easy to set up! The customer support we received from the beginning was incredible. In our demo, not only did they show us around the program but the also helped us set up our first event! And, it is very easy to manage. Grateful to find this solution.

Cons

There are some limits to the reporting features that are a little frustrating, but for the cost, we can figure out the work around we need.

Sally E.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Safe Harbor Recovery Center Fundraising Event

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

We needed a source to sell tickets for a fundraising event - had no prior experience with this and no idea how to proceed. SimpleTix was recommended to us, so got in touch with them and they walked us through the entire process from set-up to final close-out. We needed their help many times through the process - customer service was excellent and all of our needs/issues were taken care of in a timely manner. They also helped us with integration from the ticket sales to a merchant account so funds could go directly to our bank account. Very affordable - would highly recommend to anyone in need of ticket sales, donations, other sources of public funding.

Pros

After figuring out the set-up and working through several adjustments, found the software could do anything we needed done, including notifying participants, downloading customer lists, adding additional ticket pricing to accommodate donations, etc.

Cons

Took a little hunting to find exactly what was needed in a few instances, but watching the tutorials provided probably would have answered these questions and customer service was able to point us in the right direction and solve our issues.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for the kind words Sally!

Nancy S.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Professional-looking reservation site with outstanding customer support

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

This software allows us to easily get people registered for our workshops through an affordable, professional-looking site.

Pros

As a small business owner, it was important to me to provide a reservation system that was businesslike and professional. I was able to get all of the features I needed at an affordable rate. SimpleTix was super-great about follow-up and support. I signed up for their personalized web support when I started, which I would recommend for anyone like me who isn't particularly tech-savvy. Aron was great about helping me answer subsequent questions that were specific to my site and not in FAQs. He even created a video tutorial in about 15 minutes based on one of my questions. So, good continuous improvement, too!

Cons

The only reason I didn't give five stars is that I actually did have to ask for help a couple of times. I found the payment gateway portion to be the biggest challenge -- not because of SimpleTix, but more on the payment processor side (choosing a provider that would fit my needs, getting the account up and running and getting the proper info to interface with SimpleTix).

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for the review Nancy!

Nate W.

Love SimpleTix!

Reviewed on 2015/12/04

This system has made planning and organizing our events so much easier, as well as making event registration way more convenient. The amount of time and energy I have to put into organizing events is significantly less because SimpleTix takes care of all the analytics and participant information automatically and keeps me updated anytime there is a sale. I haven't had many issues using it and most of the time it's easy enough to figure out quickly and without technical support; when I have needed technical support, though, it's pretty much immediate and accurate! Highly recommend it!

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks so much Nate!

Kevin H.

Great in a school based setting.

Reviewed on 2016/03/21

I spent a lot of time looking into various ticket vendors, and finally settled on SimpleTix. I'm very pleased we chose this route! There is a learning curve to the setup, but help was only an email away with a very fast response time. We're now up and selling tickets, and the feedback from our buying public has been VERY positive. As well, the real-time analytics provided are extremely helpful for managing inventory and having an accurate view of how sales are progressing. Personally, I can't imagine going back to selling tickets "the old-fashioned way!"

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for the review Kevin!

Tim A.

Great Asset and Assistant!

Reviewed on 2015/11/13

This system has saved me hours of my time and put a few dollars back in my pocket. I get quick updates on ticket sales, attendance rates, and can send updates out quickly; managing entrance at my events has become simple now that i am using SimpleTix with the ability to have a printed out sheet with payers or with their ability to show me the ticket via smart phone.
I have called a few times with questions on set up and features and received immediate and accurate customer service!
Love SimpleTix

Response from SimpleTix

Great to help out West Point Society of DC with their events!

Jona D.

Continually evolving for the better

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

We've used SimpleTix for three years of Event Management, and each year has been better than the previous in terms of speed, options and functionality.

We've found Aron very responsive to feedback, continually pushing for better workflow and overall user experience, and that is very evident in the product. The system has improved and simplified ticketing and ticket validation so much that it's hard to even compare pre-SimpleTix to post.

Matthew D.

An Outstanding Experience!

Reviewed on 2016/03/21

We were planning a large scale event for an industry conference, and after reviewing several vendors - we moved forward with SimpleTix. This business made ticket management and reservations as easy as possible. The customer service was outstanding, and I thank Aron and his staff again for giving us a substantial amount of support for our event. I will definitely use them in the future, and I would highly recommend them to anyone.