Showing 55 reviews of 54

CaterZen

All-in-one catering software for corporate drop-off caterers

Showing 55 reviews of 54
Jim N.

Been a user for many years! Very satisfied!

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Makes accounts receivable so much more manageable
Great marketing capabilities.
Customer support if fabulous. Very responsive.
Allowed me to grow my catering business exponentially over the last 8 years!

Cons

No real cons to speak of. Takes a little getting used to in terms of setting up new menu items. But once you get the hang of it, not bad at all.

Mike K.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best decision we ever made for our business. We got organized and we grew sales by 20% year 1!

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

Sales growth, organization, marketing and selling systems. Able to run my business from anywhere.

Pros

User friendly, calendar view of all caterings, built in invoicing , accounting, rapid order entry and most importantly marketing and sales functions to help as grow our business. I was able to save over an hour a day in paperwork. With quick proposals and the ability to view and edit orders I was able to work on sales, not on running the business. Well worth every penny. You cant put a vaule on this software! I would recommend to anyone that is serious about growing sales, operating more efficently or wanting to market better. Oh, and the customer service is A ++ always there when I needed them. Highly recommend RCS!

Cons

They now have a Selling System...wish they would of had this when we first started. We would of grown even faster!!

Ashwani D.

RCS has been the easiest software I have deployed in my 15 years in the restaurant business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Highly intuitive and easy to use yest has extensive functionality that covers every aspect and whole life cycle of the catering business.

Cons

It would be great to have more customizable Catering Sales Management capability especially with customizable sales email blasts to new leads.

Amy B.

CaterZen Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

Overall experience is great, but I wish you had a live support option. It takes a lot of time to fix my issues when it was a simple fix.

Pros

All my client information in the right place.

Cons

It does not adapt to our business model very easily and new cages do not happen very often.

Mike P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Hands down the best platform for managing our catering business!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

It has streamlined our process for issuing quotes, creating orders, and most importantly has helped us to execute on orders consistently and accurately!

Pros

Building quotes and converting them to orders takes seconds! Super detailed and custom kitchen reports help us accurately and efficiently get the orders ready every time. The accounting feature is great for keeping track of deposits and outstanding invoices.

Cons

Programming the menus takes a little time, but is very intuitive and pays off 10 fold with the amount of time saved when building orders and calculating quantities.

Bruce H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

The support is good. It is not very user friendly at first.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

It keeps track of my catering orders and I like that it sends out cards to customers.

Pros

I like that it keeps track of orders, past orders, customers. The customer service is good but you have to schedule an appointment to talk to someone if you have an issue

Cons

It can be a little intimidating to learn all the functions of the program. If you have a quick question about something you have to make an appointment to talk with someone. But I could be wrong because I don't know all the functions of the program.

Ingrid R.

Super easy to use, customer support is quick to respond

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Increased our delivery/self service catering order....a HUGE plus!

Pros

Allows us to create quotes while the customer is on the phone. The simplicity of the entire software!

Caterzen review

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

I have used this software since I started working at my job. I find it easy to use and navigate. I am able to also use it on my phone if I an ever traveling and need to get into a contract.

Pros

Its easy to use and navigate. Makes my job easier.

Cons

To do list doesnt always work. There are times where we put in meetings and they dont show up.

Molly L.

I love Cater Zen. It's very efficient and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

The organization of my company's catering orders. Also help with the email blasts.

Pros

I like the delivery app the most. The feature that the customer can track the driver is very useful.

Cons

When a customer puts in an online order on their own, I wish there was a feature that would send me a text message along with the email I receive.

Response from Restaurant & Catering Systems

Molly - thanks so much for the great review! We do have the ability to send you or others on your team a text notification of new orders.

Here's a link to the article that explains how to use it:

Abraham C.

owesem

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

it's quick and easy to input orders into the system

Cons

it glitches with addresses doesn't auto-complete certain city names

Jung-hoon Y.

I've not had an issue, since starting to use over 14 months ago.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

It's streamlined, fairly dummy proofed and best of all, it all works for my restaurant! Each drop down menu speaks for itself. Producing massive amounts of catering, back-to-back-to-back is really simple.

Cons

None really to date. I've figured out most of all, if ANY issues that I've come across at the time.

Everything I need, but needs some improvement.

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

I love the ease of use. Everything you'd need is there and easy to navigate around and contact anyone with a click of a button.

Cons

The system itself is great, but there is room for improvement with several features (quotes, emailing, etc.)

Shelly M.

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Pros

The software is easy to use and is much faster than our old software.

Cons

I like everything I have seen so far with the software.

Amisha P.

Great! I love the ease of use! love ability to send customers their invoices and have paper...

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

Easy to use! I learned how to use the software in no time. I was able to teach my managers about It in no time as well.

Cons

I wish this was not just a software and it somehow brought repeat catering orders. It would help a lot.

Sandi G.

Catering Zen for BBC Smokehouse

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

Overall, my experience has been good. I like the easy navigation through of the software.

Pros

Being able to store all my contacts in one place. Also, being able to stay on top of billing and the easy navigation for doing so in the software.

Cons

Not being able to delete an invoice if needed and the print our pages sometimes are not clear to understand for other restaurant departments.

Response from Restaurant & Catering Systems

Sandi - thanks for the feedback. We appreciate you using our system.

Feel free to create a support ticket or reach out to our team to show you the best ways to delete or edit invoices.

We also have a variety of reports for production we can help you with for departments.

We have a Client Success Manager, ready, willing and able to help you out.

We find most frustrations are easy fixes with a support ticket, phone call or quick training session; all included with your subscription.

Thanks!

Michael

RCS really is everything we need for our restaurant to do tons of catering.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

RCS was built specifically for restaurants that cater. I have yet to find anything out there that does what RCS does better than RCS.

Cons

The customer interface could be better. Sometimes customers have to call to complete their order.

Nanette M.

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

This is one of the best "outsourced" experience we have had a company. Their support team is ABSOLUTELY amazing. In addition, they really teach you to be independent with all of the articles and videos they provide when you are trying to do something within the software, but if you get stuck they are there for you - usually within an hour you have an answer,.

Pros

The best part of CaterZen, initially, is how quickly a company can go from not having a catering system and CRM system to having one. Our company was up and running in 3 weeks. The ease of implementation was incredible, our CEO said - "quickest IT implementation in our company history". Other great features, are that it was able to integrate with our website for guest to order themselves, the prep sheets are perfect for the kitchen operations, and the invoices are clean and easy to read for operations. The driver application is an additional great feature that the guests really appreciate. The CRM and reporting features are excellent and really help you grow your business.

Cons

We have to have patients with feature request, because it has to have value for all end users not just us.

Butch S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A huge time saver and organizer for our catering company.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

RCS has been a time saver by helping me to organize my company. It's taken all the guess work out of kitchen produce, loading and set up for our catering events. It's increase my sales with the marketing arm of the software. It allows me to set auto reminders to contact customers about jobs, it has email marketing built in with pre design email templates. It's about as close to the perfect catering software I've found.

Pros

Awesome Customer Support and Training. Easy to use. Complete program from contact manger, online ordering. Load sheets, kitchen prep plus unbelievable marketing system built into one package. Deliver system that allows drivers to notify customer when leaving and arriving at event site with real time tracking by customer.

Cons

Not much to I don't like about the system. The only feature I would like to see added would be a recipe section to store all our recipes.

Dacia H.

Being new to catering, it helped me to navigate very easily!

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Makes my job easier

Pros

I like that I can access it anywhere....ipad, iPhone, laptop. Since I am traveling and around the town a lot, it helps to not need to do work only on one computer.

Cons

I wish you could do searches a lot easier when looking at past invoices. Sometimes it is difficult because you have to open each order to find certain information.

Erick H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

RCS Has changed the way we do catering business! Makes life easier

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

Everything is all there. Can print invoices, pull customer info, store customer payment info. Super easy to use

Cons

Can not delete catering that were either mis-entered or canceled which can lead to some confusion and lost product

Response from Restaurant Catering Systems

Erick - any and all orders can be deleted, edited and or duplicated. Please reach out to [email protected] for help with that. Thanks!

Jim G.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

Pros

I love that it holds all catering orders in a central location.

Cons

I am still learning the software. I haven't found a way to place a catering just to check and then be able to delete it.

Wendy B.

A good fit for us!

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Our previous software was not on the cloud. We are now able to access our software easily from any location with any device. The crm will enable us to easily reach out to potential clients with specific marketing opportunities.

Pros

Easy to customize to our needs. Support is amazing with articles to review on our own as well as quick responses to questions I may have. The set-up/training team was not pushy, but yet made sure they walked us through all the options available to us.

Cons

No cons at this point. Learning curve has not been overwhelming.

Courtney H.

Easy to navigate and intuitive GUI.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

The software program is neatly organized. It keeps my data centralized which keeps me from having to search various systems for contact data. The system is rich yet still has ease of use.

Cons

RCS is fine but the Profit point is severely old and outdated. While the concepts and ideas are still valid, the graphics and design need to be updated.

Response from Restaurant Catering Systems

Courtney - thanks for the great reviews of our software!

RestaurantProfitPoint.com was developed years ago, when I was solely focused on coaching and consulting.

It is a value-added service we include in our Market Pro Plus system to help our clients sell more catering.

We tend to look at it as a look at the "classics" or the oldies but goodies. As you said, and I agree...excellent still useful content, but needs updating. It is a great place to mine ideas.

Thanks for being a client!

Michael

Renee N.

It is easy to retrieve information and navigate through the software.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

All info is on one page. You don't have to exit and return to get what you need. You can print weekly or daily calendar entries.

Cons

The writing is small. I would like for the program to increase the size of the font so that each order entry is readable without having to go thru enlarging the page. Sometimes that creates an inconvenience.

• Industry: Hospitality

Just Starting Out

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

I love the ease of use and having everything in one spot.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet. I have liked everything so far.