Rippling Reviews

4.9/5 (76 reviews)
Mike S.

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on.

Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder.

Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Devon C.

rippling vs. gusto, no contest rippling wins.

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

would recommend to anyone vs gusto or zenefits(which has awful customer service) - you speak to someone you get an answer vs. other programs which reroute you to someone new who has no idea about your problem.

Pros

customer service is top notch with rapid responses to questions. can link up to other apps very easily which is fantastic.

Cons

would love to incorporate PTO into a team calendar in the site

Response from Rippling

Hey, thanks for your feedback! You actually can customize and share your PTO into a team calendar. See https://help.rippling.com/pto/calendar/. If you have any questions, just reach out to our support team.

Nicole G.

Excellent Resource for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Absolutely fantastic. Although there are areas for improvement, every time I reach out to Rippling with a request for help or new feature, I always get a positive response. If it's not already in the pipeline for development, they're more than willing to consider for future releases. I cannot recommend this application enough.

Pros

I can manage my payroll, insurance/benefits, onboarding/offboarding, software & hardware deployment all through one interface. The document retention feature is absolutely amazing. Having new hires and current employees digitally sign documents and then store those docs in Rippling is an amazing timesaver and takes a lot of the headache out of tracking down slowpoke reviewers.
Payroll in itself is a breeze. We've had to incorporate into multiple states as we acquire more remote employees and Rippling has guides for employer account creation for all 50 (from what I can tell, at least!). Not only that, but it's a single flat monthly fee to run as many payrolls as you need.

Cons

The formatting on the doc builder is a little glitchy and you don't have many fonts to choose from. While the software integration is an amazing feature, it's not always applicable to the accounts our team maintains. Sometimes the SaaS provider will require you to use an Enterprise+ account to take full advantage of the integration... obviously not something Rippling can control, but it's a bummer nonetheless.

Bree M.

Rippling for Growing Business

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

I love how easy it is to onboard new employees with Rippling and the rental program for laptops and other hardware.

Cons

I would like some kind of timekeeping functionality, which is what we liked most about the last software we were using.

Response from Rippling

Hi Bree, Thanks for your feedback! Wanted to let you know we integrate with the best time-tracking applications out there, so you can use the best platform and the best services. Contact [email protected] if you have any questions

Most streamlined HR platform I have used

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Staying on top of all the documentation when bringing new employees or contractors onboard was a real hassle and we were not consistent enough about it. Also our previous payroll providers charged more but actually did less - I was spending way too much time on tax filings and cutting checks etc. Rippling handles all our payments for employees and contractors, as well as HSA contributions, and payroll tax filings. I recommend it highly.

Pros

Rippling makes it very easy to onboard new employees and contractors, run error-free payroll and makes all payroll tax filings effortlessly and accurately. Their browser-based dashboard is extremely easy to use and in the handful of times I have needed it, their customer service was exceptionally responsive and helpful. Their integrations with Slack and Gmail were also really impressively simple to set up and very handy.

Cons

When making the switch over to Rippling from my previous payroll provider, I had to manually import the contractor records from the year-to-date and I made some mistakes. But, they were very helpful in this process and we got it sorted quickly.

Christopher D.

Rippling has simplified and streamlined our operations and saved us an FTE

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

We were trying to solve the issues of onboarding people, managing hardware and ensuring compliance. We had decided to hire someone to do this, until at the last moment, someone told us about Rippling. This software has automated the employee onboarding process, it manages hardware and installs the security software on it, and it helps us with our audit reporting. We are huge fans!

Pros

Software is very comprehensive and very flexible. If you want to use a module, you can use it, if you do not want to use it, you do not have to. I oversee the engineering team and compliance, and this helps simplify both. We were about to hire a person, whose full-time jobs was going to be onboarding and compliance, but now we just have Rippling do it.

Cons

We have not found any cons yet. This product has solved all our needs.

Dylan C.

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Rippling was a smooth transition from our previous platform to this one. Have enjoyed working with it for the past month or so

Pros

I like that it is compatible with all software that we already use in daily operations. It is also intuitive and easy to teach others

Cons

Wish it was compatible with HighFive rather than just Zoom and Rydoo rather than just Expensify

Mckenzie B.

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

This software is simple and extremely accessible to everyone on my payroll from 20 years old to 60. Information is just a click away.

Cons

We wish that there were a personal to call with questions rather than waiting for an e-mail response in the case of instances that require “quick fixes.”

Jt P.

Really Strong Onboarding Support

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/07

I was working through switching some 1099 contractors to W-2 employees and making sure my company remains compliant with payroll tax. Team gave me all the right information to take to my CPA to ask the right questions and get the correct infrastructure setup to support Rippling's product.

Pros

Team was extremely helpful and patient working with me to get onboarded. I'm a first time founder of a startup and the HR side of business is all new & complicated. They took the time to help me not only understand Rippling but what I needed to do with my other service providers (CPA's, etc.) to get things in order to setup Rippling properly.

Cons

Very little but I guess that I had to depend on them for so much. I wouldn't really have it another way but I guess there could have been more self-help information on your site that's broadly educational information.

Great product, good support!

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Pros

I liked the fact that it's very turn key once you get everything set up. I like the fact we can connect our software apps for ease of on-boarding new employees. Rippling will take care of everything I need and I have a peace of mind about our business by using Rippling.

Cons

Since they just switched to their new pricing model, we have found it a bit unfortunate to get billed for something we didn't realize we were using. We don't like the fact of getting billed monthly for a contractor that's no longer with us, maybe it goes back once they're not working with the company anymore. Still trying to figure this out... I wish there were more training videos, and a few of the billing features were a bit easier to find. It's part of supporting a startup... :)

Karina R.

User Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Can always find what I need as an employee who uses the software.

Pros

Ease of use. No slow down. Everything is categorized accordingly.

Cons

No problems so far. Nothing I don't like about it. Maybe that there is no option to print chosen pages from employee manual instead of all pages.

Michael G.

Exactly what we needed

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Our experience has been great! Their support has been extremely responsive and they're constantly making improvements. We've had no trouble getting them to add new supported apps to their library.

Pros

The seamless handling of onboarding and off-boarding people that includes: sending offer letters, signing policy documents and employment agreements, and provisioning access to our SaaS products by department.

Cons

The offer process could be improved. It is difficult to find/resume/abort an offer that was stated but not sent and declined offers are treated the same as terminated employees.

Emily F.

Easy to use and great for both employees and employers

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Rippling has been fantastic for our company. As an employee, I love being able to see all of my pay stubs in one place and easily sign/add necessary documents when needed. As a manager, I like being able to refer new hires to Rippling for an organizational chart and the onboarding information they need. It has made our onboarding seamlessly and fast and improved our internal processes. We're big Rippling fans!

Pros

We love the organizational chart feature and the easy portal for both managers and employees to view pay stubs, payroll information, and documents. It's easy to update pay rates when someone gets a raise or has a job title change, as well.

Cons

Nothing--I haven't had a problem yet. It's a huge improvement over our last software solution.

A Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Rippling has definitely helped us keep everyone's records in order and makes it easy to send out new documents/communications to our employees.

Pros

Ease of use for employees and administrators. New features being introduced. Great support. Fast response time.

Cons

Maybe, still working out little kinks in the software? This is a reach, by the way.

Chris M.

Concierge support at self-serve software costs

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

We were able to get our team onboarded at little-to-no cost, and ramp up quickly on the software. From there, we found out that we could integrate time tracking solutions directly out of Rippling as well. So all around, a big help to our team.

Pros

Quick learning curve to getting started (especially for an HR solution), highly relevant email notifications to remind you when things are coming up, and a team that is dedicated to make sure you get up to speed quickly.

Cons

It doesn't seem like the team is using Zendesk or a way to manage their emails. For now, it's okay but as they grow I'm hopeful they will so I can continue to hear back quickly from their team!

Very user-friendly

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

I love that it's all integrated. I can see my payroll, my PTO and all my health insurance information in one place.

Pros

I love how organized Rippling is. Everything I needed was easily laid out for me in a way that was simple to understand and aesthetically pleasing to look at. It's not an overload of information, which I appreciate. I also love the mobile app - it makes my job a lot easier and allows me to take it on the go.

I also appreciated in the beginning before I had set up an account, Rippling sent me email reminders to get it done.

Cons

So far, so good. No complaints. A small suggestion I do have would be having a "help" or a "chat" option somewhere on the home page. I haven't had to use it yet, but if/when I do, it'd be nice to have that button easily visible.

Response from Rippling

Hey there, thanks for your feedback. Just letting you know we do have a help center if you have specific question. That said we're always working to improve our product so value your suggestion! help.rippling.com

Tabitha A.

Rippling is amazing

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

I love how much time it has saved me to do my job. The company I work for was using outdated, and not very user friendly spreadsheets to keep track of new hires, onboarding checklists, birthdays, etc., as well as using many different platforms for ordering equipment, payroll, benefits and more. Rippling integration was super easy, and is so user friendly that no one has asked for help using the software. I'm literally obsessed.

Cons

Not one. We haven't integrated the IT portion yet, but that's our companies choice, nothing to do with Rippling.

Gunner K.

Excellent Program

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Pros

I love that everything is in one place for my organization.

Cons

It was a little confusing at first but things have gotten a lot better.

Emily K.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

This has been a very positive experience for our entire organization. It has streamlined all things HR for our company.

Pros

This is hands down the best HR interface I have ever used. It is quick and easy to update personal information, access pay stubs, PTO requests, and benefits information and updates, all in one place. It is attractive, the UX is great, and it is extremely simple to get anything I need with just a few clicks. Love it.

Cons

Haven't discovered anything I don't like yet.

Makes Life Easier

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Absolutely wonderful!

Pros

I love using Rippling for my job! From password management, to HR management, to easily checking up on my pay stubs...life has never been easier to keep track of! Thank you, Rippling Team for all of your hard work in creating a product that makes my life 10 times easier than ever before. I will definitely be recommending Rippling to all of my friends!

Cons

Honestly nothing! I like everything about this software!

Kirk B.

I, Like You

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/07

I, like you, probably audibly sigh when I see a new piece of software being incorporated into your daily life, especially when it's part of your job (extra-loud, lengthy uggh was uttered by yours truly). However, I've gotta admit - this thing was supremely simple to get set up. In less than 5 minutes, I had configured everything that I needed to, including splitting my paycheck among multiple bank accounts (personally speaking here, but if I don't see the money going into my savings, I'm 92% less likely to spend it before it gets there). All in all, it wasn't bothersome to sign up, configure, and have access to my pay stubs so I'm quite pleased.

Pros

Quick and easy to set up
Ability to customize what percentage of my paycheck gets divvied up among different accounts

Cons

Nothing readily comes to mind, although I haven't had the chance to fully test all the features (I'll update if something comes up post-tax season and I have been able to see the tax implementation)

Christy O.

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Contractors that we use for things like insurance have told us how easy Rippling is to use.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and when you can't figure it out scheduling a time to talk to someone is also easy.

Cons

Just changing payroll companies in general is very stressful.

Jennifer M.

Onboarding is a breeze

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

I was looking for an all in one solution for HRIS, Rippling was my answer!

Pros

We are just implementing on 1/1/19 and so far the on-boarding process has been super simple. I'm looking forward to diving in. The software is solving many of my pain points with my small, remote based workforce!

Cons

Nothing yet. I am switching from Sure Payroll and Rippling is light years ahead of that solution.

Casey H.

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

I love the layout, and ease of use. Everything is right there, and very intuitive for anyone to use. It's also easy to make changes to your withholding, as well as electronically sign any documents needed by your company.

Cons

So far, my company has no complaints on Rippling, and everyone seems to really enjoy it

Anmol P.

A must for startups and small-businesses

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

I think Rippling is a great product for startups and small businesses that don't really have a full-time HR team.

Pros

- Quick setup time
- Ease of use
- Helpful and Fast Support

Cons

The mobile app (at least on Android) just shows the list of your teammates. I'd like to be able to view and download my pay stubs via the app as well.