Rippling Reviews

Rippling

One Modern System for Payroll, Benefits, HR & IT

5/5 (119 reviews)
David B.

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll.
Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees.
LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management.
Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days.
Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Mike S.

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on.

Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder.

Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Nicholas N.

Rippling for Small Business

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Matilda L.

Happy to make the switch

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

The fast response time has been so appreciated since many of our issues are urgent and I feel that Rippling provide the support that I need.

Pros

It is easy to understand and interact with. All the important apps and documents gets kept in the same spot.

Cons

I do not have any direct cons to the software itself. It was a bit hard transferring every data and information over from our last provider and I wish it had been a bit smoother, that's all.

Devon C.

rippling vs. gusto, no contest rippling wins.

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

would recommend to anyone vs gusto or zenefits(which has awful customer service) - you speak to someone you get an answer vs. other programs which reroute you to someone new who has no idea about your problem.

Pros

customer service is top notch with rapid responses to questions. can link up to other apps very easily which is fantastic.

Cons

would love to incorporate PTO into a team calendar in the site

Response from Rippling

Hey, thanks for your feedback! You actually can customize and share your PTO into a team calendar. See https://help.rippling.com/pto/calendar/. If you have any questions, just reach out to our support team.

A delightful and easy to use platform

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

My job recently switched to Rippling from Gusto, and although I love Gusto, Rippling was a really nice surprise! You get emailed when you're paid, like Gusto, but it tells you the details in the email body moreso. The interface is also super easy to use. I like that there is an "advice of deposit" embedded in the webpage so that you don't have to download a PDF to see the details. It's great to have the crucial details like net pay and pay period upfront. There's also a neat bar that shows how much went to taxes and how much went to you. The drawings are super cute too and lift my mood.

Another nice thing is you can easily change your tax status on Rippling, so it feels very integrated.

Cons

I don't love the paystub pdf look. It has a giant "THIS IS NOT A CHECK" watermark, and overall looks a little unprofessional. Makes me a bit nervous when I have to submit paystubs to anyone as proof of income, and I worry they won't believe me. I felt Gusto's PDFs were way more professional and legit.

Katherine L.

So convenient!

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Pros

I liked that it took care of all the on-boarding prior to my start at my new company. It was such a pleasant surprise to come in on my first day and not have to spend the first half of it filling out paperwork to get myself into the system. Furthermore, it was really great to be on payroll from day 1 instead of having that awkward gap in time with no income that is typical in switching careers.

Cons

I wish there were previous documents for health insurance. To clarify further, when electing my health insurance plan, I was given 3 options. After I selected my preferred plan, the other options were no longer visible to me and I wish they were; I am having second thoughts on the plan I chose and would like the information I once had available to me still accessible after my choice.

Response from Rippling

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. Regarding your health insurance comment, wanted to make sure you're aware that a. if this is Open Enrollment and OE is still open, your Rippling admin can always open it back up for you in product, or you can download Summary of Benefits and come back to make elections before the deadline passes. Reach out to your admin or [email protected] for any questions.

Nicole G.

Excellent Resource for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Absolutely fantastic. Although there are areas for improvement, every time I reach out to Rippling with a request for help or new feature, I always get a positive response. If it's not already in the pipeline for development, they're more than willing to consider for future releases. I cannot recommend this application enough.

Pros

I can manage my payroll, insurance/benefits, onboarding/offboarding, software & hardware deployment all through one interface. The document retention feature is absolutely amazing. Having new hires and current employees digitally sign documents and then store those docs in Rippling is an amazing timesaver and takes a lot of the headache out of tracking down slowpoke reviewers.
Payroll in itself is a breeze. We've had to incorporate into multiple states as we acquire more remote employees and Rippling has guides for employer account creation for all 50 (from what I can tell, at least!). Not only that, but it's a single flat monthly fee to run as many payrolls as you need.

Cons

The formatting on the doc builder is a little glitchy and you don't have many fonts to choose from. While the software integration is an amazing feature, it's not always applicable to the accounts our team maintains. Sometimes the SaaS provider will require you to use an Enterprise+ account to take full advantage of the integration... obviously not something Rippling can control, but it's a bummer nonetheless.

Sana H.

One-stop-shop for all your People needs

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Pros

I love that we don't have to create accounts in multiple systems. Using Rippling, we can create one account, and allow the app to take care of the rest. This frees us up to do more meaningful things with our time, and reduces the administrative burden for onboarding and exits.

Cons

I wish there were more HRIS features (e.g. individualized signature capability, ability to append time-stamped notes to personnel files). I'm loving the new Employee Home beta feature for sure. More like this stuff, please!

Vincent J.

Rippling is a game changer

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Pros

Rippling was obviously designed to solve issues faced by HR / Payroll departments. Everything is integrated and easy to set up. We had no real HR system and were using ADP for payroll. We implemented Rippling and switched over in a few weeks and had no issues at all. We implemented the PTO feature since we were tracking it manually and now have an easy way to approve and track time off. We also ran our open enrollment through the platform and employees found it really easy to use compared to other tools we used in the past.
the team at Rippling has been really cooperative and responsive and now we are looking at all the ways to expand the tool internally to track compliance, improve time tracking and hook up other apps.

Cons

No real issues so far! It has truly been a good experience so far.

Bree M.

Rippling for Growing Business

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

I love how easy it is to onboard new employees with Rippling and the rental program for laptops and other hardware.

Cons

I would like some kind of timekeeping functionality, which is what we liked most about the last software we were using.

Response from Rippling

Hi Bree, Thanks for your feedback! Wanted to let you know we integrate with the best time-tracking applications out there, so you can use the best platform and the best services. Contact [email protected] if you have any questions

Rser friendly and easy to navigate!

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Pros

I love the fact that you receive email notification for every paycheck and that it shows the amount. I also enjoyed the seasonal "BOO! Its Payday" email greeting that came with the notification. Curious to see what the other holiday greetings will look like.

Cons

There is nothing negative I can say about the new software. I enjoy everything about it. Again, very user friendly and very modern.

Most streamlined HR platform I have used

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Staying on top of all the documentation when bringing new employees or contractors onboard was a real hassle and we were not consistent enough about it. Also our previous payroll providers charged more but actually did less - I was spending way too much time on tax filings and cutting checks etc. Rippling handles all our payments for employees and contractors, as well as HSA contributions, and payroll tax filings. I recommend it highly.

Pros

Rippling makes it very easy to onboard new employees and contractors, run error-free payroll and makes all payroll tax filings effortlessly and accurately. Their browser-based dashboard is extremely easy to use and in the handful of times I have needed it, their customer service was exceptionally responsive and helpful. Their integrations with Slack and Gmail were also really impressively simple to set up and very handy.

Cons

When making the switch over to Rippling from my previous payroll provider, I had to manually import the contractor records from the year-to-date and I made some mistakes. But, they were very helpful in this process and we got it sorted quickly.

Christopher D.

Rippling has simplified and streamlined our operations and saved us an FTE

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

We were trying to solve the issues of onboarding people, managing hardware and ensuring compliance. We had decided to hire someone to do this, until at the last moment, someone told us about Rippling. This software has automated the employee onboarding process, it manages hardware and installs the security software on it, and it helps us with our audit reporting. We are huge fans!

Pros

Software is very comprehensive and very flexible. If you want to use a module, you can use it, if you do not want to use it, you do not have to. I oversee the engineering team and compliance, and this helps simplify both. We were about to hire a person, whose full-time jobs was going to be onboarding and compliance, but now we just have Rippling do it.

Cons

We have not found any cons yet. This product has solved all our needs.

Dylan C.

Rippling Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Rippling was a smooth transition from our previous platform to this one. Have enjoyed working with it for the past month or so

Pros

I like that it is compatible with all software that we already use in daily operations. It is also intuitive and easy to teach others

Cons

Wish it was compatible with HighFive rather than just Zoom and Rydoo rather than just Expensify

Mckenzie B.

Rippling Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

This software is simple and extremely accessible to everyone on my payroll from 20 years old to 60. Information is just a click away.

Cons

We wish that there were a personal to call with questions rather than waiting for an e-mail response in the case of instances that require “quick fixes.”

Jt P.

Really Strong Onboarding Support

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/07

I was working through switching some 1099 contractors to W-2 employees and making sure my company remains compliant with payroll tax. Team gave me all the right information to take to my CPA to ask the right questions and get the correct infrastructure setup to support Rippling's product.

Pros

Team was extremely helpful and patient working with me to get onboarded. I'm a first time founder of a startup and the HR side of business is all new & complicated. They took the time to help me not only understand Rippling but what I needed to do with my other service providers (CPA's, etc.) to get things in order to setup Rippling properly.

Cons

Very little but I guess that I had to depend on them for so much. I wouldn't really have it another way but I guess there could have been more self-help information on your site that's broadly educational information.

Great product, good support!

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Pros

I liked the fact that it's very turn key once you get everything set up. I like the fact we can connect our software apps for ease of on-boarding new employees. Rippling will take care of everything I need and I have a peace of mind about our business by using Rippling.

Cons

Since they just switched to their new pricing model, we have found it a bit unfortunate to get billed for something we didn't realize we were using. We don't like the fact of getting billed monthly for a contractor that's no longer with us, maybe it goes back once they're not working with the company anymore. Still trying to figure this out... I wish there were more training videos, and a few of the billing features were a bit easier to find. It's part of supporting a startup... :)

Karina R.

User Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Can always find what I need as an employee who uses the software.

Pros

Ease of use. No slow down. Everything is categorized accordingly.

Cons

No problems so far. Nothing I don't like about it. Maybe that there is no option to print chosen pages from employee manual instead of all pages.

Karen N.

Rippling is great!!

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

I really like how easy it is to use and super easy to find what you are looking for. I also really enjoy the quick sign in!

Cons

I like everything so far. There is nothing I would change on a usere end .

Michael G.

Exactly what we needed

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Our experience has been great! Their support has been extremely responsive and they're constantly making improvements. We've had no trouble getting them to add new supported apps to their library.

Pros

The seamless handling of onboarding and off-boarding people that includes: sending offer letters, signing policy documents and employment agreements, and provisioning access to our SaaS products by department.

Cons

The offer process could be improved. It is difficult to find/resume/abort an offer that was stated but not sent and declined offers are treated the same as terminated employees.

Anne H.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Pros

Compared to the software we used previously this is A++. It is so easy to navigate and use that I believe a child could figure it out.

Cons

I have no issues at all so zero complaints

Emily F.

Easy to use and great for both employees and employers

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Rippling has been fantastic for our company. As an employee, I love being able to see all of my pay stubs in one place and easily sign/add necessary documents when needed. As a manager, I like being able to refer new hires to Rippling for an organizational chart and the onboarding information they need. It has made our onboarding seamlessly and fast and improved our internal processes. We're big Rippling fans!

Pros

We love the organizational chart feature and the easy portal for both managers and employees to view pay stubs, payroll information, and documents. It's easy to update pay rates when someone gets a raise or has a job title change, as well.

Cons

Nothing--I haven't had a problem yet. It's a huge improvement over our last software solution.

A Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Rippling has definitely helped us keep everyone's records in order and makes it easy to send out new documents/communications to our employees.

Pros

Ease of use for employees and administrators. New features being introduced. Great support. Fast response time.

Cons

Maybe, still working out little kinks in the software? This is a reach, by the way.

David D.

Rippling - Best Online Payroll & Benefits Platform for Small Business

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Rippling is easy to implement for any small business looking to streamline their payroll/benefits platform. From new employee onboarding to integration with payroll processing and benefits, Rippling delivers a simple to use, clean, easy to navigate interface. Best experience of any service I've used so far.

Pros

Simple to use Interface
Email notifications
Easy to navigate
Adequate reporting

Cons

So far there's been nothing but a good experience with Rippling.