Keela Reviews

Keela

Nonprofit management software

4.3/5 (121 reviews)

Great starter tool, needs more features for more mature orgs

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

This is my second non-profit where I've chosen to install Keela. The first installation worked super well for managing donations and volunteers.
The second installation is for a more mature non-profit, and requires managing donations, memberships year over year, and putting financial entries into quickbooks. This isn't working quite as well because we need more sophisticated features than Keela provides.
I appreciate the support team a lot. They respond quickly and try to find workarounds for us. My feeling is we are probably pushing Keela over its current functionality because we have sophisticated needs, and will have to wait for features to be developed to keep using this tool. I don't want to migrate to yet another tool, having done so much integration work with Keela, and only being 6 months into having converted to Keela from a desktop version of Membertize.
My first installation also provided a lot more data migration support, and the second one, I was on my own.
Overall, it's a friendlier tool than most on the market. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to perform a certain function, as not all menus are totally intuitive, or you have to press a special button on the left, etc.
For a start-up org or non-profit just needing to track donations and volunteers, Keela is ideal and far less on the cost than more mature systems.

Pros

Easy to use, start-up ease, good import process, easy export. It worked really well for me in one non-profit where I needed simple email blasts, to track donations, volunteers, etc. It has a nice automatic email form for donations and memberships. You can search your contacts easily by name or email, and tag groups easily. Tags are easy to organize. The old dashboard did a great job managing campaigns and tracking donations against the goal. For small orgs, this is a good basic starter tool for managing your contacts and interactions.

Cons

It's missing some things a more mature org needs. We're a neighborhood organization that relies on memberships. There's no renewal process in Keela at this time. You can't search by street name or address fields, so broadcasting to a group on a street is impossible. Sometimes we feel Keela gets 'tired' and can't find a contact we know is in there. So we refresh the browser, and lo and behold, there it is. The integration to mailchimp is weak, and unfortunately, Keela's email blast tool isn't as robust as Mailchimp, so we're forced to stay on Mailchimp. We've had problems with the quickbooks integration not putting funds into the right account.
The other problem is reporting. We find the tools not as robust as we'd like for reporting total membership sales data. We've also had to cancel a class of membership and redo it, and that jacked all our reporting for people who'd already taken out memberships under the 'wrong' class.
For a larger org with heavier membership management needs, this tool, wasn't as robust as we hoped.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi there. Thank you for providing such detailed feedback. This is absolutely outstanding and we are very grateful to you for taking the time. I've crossed referenced some of the missing features you mentioned (such as address filtering and membership reporting) and I can see that they are logged in our Ideas Portal and our Product Team are working hard to introduce them. Thank you for sharing this with us - it's instrumental in our quest for constant improvement! :)

Gina C.

I love Keela! is very organized, efficient and user friendly. I wouldn't use any other program

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Saving Time, organizing how we manage our volunteers

(I would suggest at Social Services to your industry category as it isn't there and thats what we do.)

Pros

Visually appealing: good use of colour to organize categories and make it easy to find, images that help identify what category has what information. I had A.D.D and so many websites or programs are so text heavy and overwhelming and everything is shouting at you at the page to notice it. This program is superior in its use and look.

User Friendly: I got the hang of the program easily. It is very detailed and easy to use. I like the fact I can email a volunteer and all the staff can see the email thread between us both. That is very convenient. My favorite is the interactions page. As I can see if there is a LOA posted, or if the volunteer only wants to volunteer in one program and not another. I am able to find out what is going on with the volunteer without reaching out to each one or calling a staff member as we all post our interactions in there. It saves me a lot of time and any program that can offer that is aces in my book

Cons

I wish Keela could create a software program for inbound and outbound calls. The program currently being used is "iCarol" which is a great program, however it would be great to have another software option. Once upon a time Bell was the only company to monopolize the phone industry...now there are several ...

Removing a volunteer: It is frustrating categorizing volunteer as "inactive" as they still show up with all the active volunteers, which clogs up the page. If you had a separate page as inactive (so they wouldn't show up with the active volunteers) that would make a MASSIVE difference. As volunteers honor their commitment and leave .. so we have A LOT of inactive volunteers with the active volunteer

Response from Networks for Change

Thanks for your feedback! We're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela.
Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Melissa T.

Keela Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/04

We are now able to track all of our sponsors and communicate more effectively with them. When we have fundraisers, we can create e-blasts and link them to our website. Support in is up! I am so happy.

Pros

This software is so user friendly. When I began using this software, I had extremely limited knowledge of computer use and I was still able to figure it out quite easily. The software is able to accommodate all of our needs and do what we need it to do to help our animal shelter and fundraisers run smoothly and with accurate data. It is easy to track everything we need. I am so impressed. And for the price... I can't imagine using anything else. There is no need to spend a lot of money on some of these other programs when Keela and do ALL you need!

Cons

So far, the only thing that I don't like is that I cannot print off an e-blast that I design to post in various vet offices and at the shelter. I have to create a separate brochure for anything besides e-blasts. Maybe this is possible and I just don't know how to do it. But to me, this is the only draw-back.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Melissa, thanks for your feedback! Posting an E-blast at vet offices and shelters sounds like a great idea. You can definitely save a PDF of an E-blast for printing. You can find instructions for how to do this here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) - and don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team if you need assistance with anything. You can reach them at [email protected]
Screen reader support enabled.

Bryant W.

Keela

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

About the only benefit I have seen so far is that it is an online portal that is easy to put in information and to download contact lists. All of the other functionality that is available is there--we just don't know how to use it. We are still not even accepting payments via PayPal, even though we synched the accounts. Our marketing director needs some hands-on assistance with merging the forms to our website.

Pros

The set up was not as complicated as I thought it would be, and the navigation is well laid out and easy to follow.

Cons

I don't think we received enough human training with on-boarding, and it would have been nice to have more one access to a human as the "prompted" help answers are often inaccurate and not helpful. Our sales agent was fantastic and very knowledgeable, but once we purchased I felt as we were kind of left to our own devices. Now I am not even sure that we set it up the best way.
1. We hae to enter memberships as donations and as memberships
2. The "tags" remain even if a membership expires.
3. We still aren't sure that when we are pulling reports that the information is being put in correctly to access what we need as as information.
4. We were not aware that in order to sync membership payments automatically, we have to use Skype.
5. We should be much much further along in using the different amenities of the site, but so far we are just kind of stuck. We need assistance.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Bryant, thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you have a challenging experience with Keela so far. Our Head of Customer Experience will be reaching out to you shortly to schedule a call to discuss your concerns, and offer assistance and additional training for your team so that you can feel confident to keep growing with Keela in the future.

Angela R.

Great experience and meets many of our needs, but there's still room for improvement.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Pros

The contacts database is great - it's easy to use, searchable, updates donations automatically, allows the team to stay up to date on who is assigned to the individual and events involving the individual. We used DonorPro at my previous place of employment, and it was more expensive and more complicated to use than Keela. Keela offers great value for it's database. Would love to connect to people's linkedin profiles and have pics, etc.

Customer support is excellent. I get answers to my questions quickly, and they are always happy to help.

Cons

Some functionality is still missing - when adding tags to new contacts, you need the option to check a bunch at once (almost everyone has more than one tag) as opposed to having to select each one individually.

We haven't used the campaigns option much as we are familiar with and like the options of MailChimp. It's great that we can import data from MailChimp; however, we make all of our templates and mailings on MailChimp because it has so much more to offer in design and customization than Keela's campaigns, which we find to be very basic.

There's also many features that I wish Keela had so that it could be a "one stop shop" for our needs. For example, a calendar that has deadlines and events on it for all to see that also connects with other parts of Keela so if there's an event on the calendar, this then becomes an automatic option for an "interaction" with those who attended; better syncing with Google Docs so that we can open and edit the docs in Keela versus having to download them or go to another webpage; ability to do/plan social media; and a Keela mobile app to access things on the go.

Response from Networks for Change

We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates.
Re: your other ideas for new features, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela.

Cynthia C.

Good "first-time user" system for basic needs

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

We had hoped to use Keela for grants and donation management, as well as the primary email blast tool to replace MailChimp and Salesforce. Our expectations exceeded the capabilities of the system. Still, I would recommended it to small organizations that are moving from Excel spreadsheets and other less sophisticated ways of managing contacts.

Pros

The project management tool is exceptionally well done and easy to use. It's the feature I use the most.

The online donation/payment tool is also very well done, easy to set up and manage, and user friendly for both the administrator and the donor/payee.

Cons

There are some significant limitations in the contact management tool. It is not designed to link or associate individual contacts (persons) with organizations. This creates some difficulties in parsing lists for email blasts and analysis. As a basic contact list, it's okay, but not adequate for our contact and donation tracking needs.

The e-mail form is limited. There are not a lot of design features. It's fine for basic messages, but don't expect to get too fancy with the layout and design.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your feedback. I have some good news! Based on our previous discussions with you and other clients on this topic, we're going to be adding a new feature to split contacts into "Organization" and "People" contacts and create associations between them. This is coming very soon. If you'd like to be notified when this feature is available, please subscribe here: https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-52
P.s. We're also planning to improve our E-blast template builder to give you additional options for layout and design, follow our progress here: https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8

5.0/10
Keith N.

Not a CRM software package

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

We had thought to replace our CRM software with Keela, but trying to 'translate' the processes in place with Software ABC into Keela has not been totally successful. It may be that I am too used to the 'old ways' that I can't change. We originally bought Keela because of the receipt function and the hopes that we could replace our other CRM software. Changeover has been slow and we are really only using the receipt function in Keela right now.

Pros

Keela integrates very easily with most other apps I am using . Paypal and Stripe are easy to set up; connects to Eventbrite too. Adding contacts is super easy, plain language categories and descriptions. Easy to connect contacts into groups (they call them 'families'). The software is geared towards use by a single point NFP agency. Can generate receipts for all monies that come in, assign them to a campaign or purpose, email the receipts and store them for retrieval, if necessary. Keela has always been on top of customer service questions. I have received prompt replies to every question I have made and the answers were always easy to understand and implement. Keela also regularly hosts online training sessions, and strives to improve their product to meet the needs of their users. Recent upgrades included a way to create a report of revenues received/receipted. that was a BIG help.

Cons

As a software package created for single point NFP, it does not like that I work for an agency that provides services to other NFP organizations for an annual fee. I can't group the contacts into one organization and then make the organization the one that pays the annual fee (it needs to be attributed to a contact).

Response from Networks for Change

Hello Keith - thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that you've found the receipting tool to be helpful! My favourite part is your comment on Keela's commitment to improvement - We really do aim for this! The Revenues tool upgrade has been a big boon for us and we couldn't have done it without you - thank you! If you have any particular processes that you'd like to transition from Software ABC to Keela please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] - We'll do our best to create a new way for you to do the same magic in Keela :) Thanks again!

R. brad S.

A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

Overall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.

Pros

-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software.
-Immediate, flexible training for the staff.
-Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.

Cons

-I am not fond of the analytics tool. Again, maybe this has more to do with the fact that its too simple, but as an analyst I find it difficult to get the information I want easily.
-We have had some struggles with the integration with other vendors-specifically MailChimp. After following all the instructions for both companies, we still cannot complete a good link.

Response from Networks for Change

Hello Brad! I'm so glad to hear your feedback - especially your sentiments about training which the Customer Success team are particularly proud of :). I'm also pleased that you find the system to be easy - Our goal is a simple system that users can transition to easily so this is very good news! I understand that the Analytics tool can be challenging sometimes - and I'm happy to let you know that we're making improvements to it early this year! We'd also love to hear your suggestions for what you'd like to see (you can post them here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)) In the meantime, if you would ever like suggestions on how to access your desired information please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] - we will do our best to find a quick and easy way to get what you need. Also, please also let us know if you are still experiencing issues with MailChimp - We'll be happy to take a look.

6.0/10
Emily S.

Quite easy to use as a total newbie to (though technically proficient) donor management software

Reviewed on 2019/01/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The pricing feels expensive to a small nonprofit that doesn't usually spend money on anything but the animals in our care, but compared to others software programs, it is seems like a good price for the value. This software works well for a small nonprofit animal rescue that adopts out about 500 cats and kittens a year. After 3 years we had a bit over 1000 contacts (including adopters, so not just donors) and the next level in Keela (since it's based on contacts) we shouldn't have to buy until a few years down the road.

Pros

Their customer service is very responsive. The software sends automatic donor thank yous/tax receipts. It's easy to upload past donations (like from PayPal, Facebook or other ways you've raised money and have a list - you must format the data correctly) and easy to upload your contacts. You can have different donation forms. You can have different campaigns. I haven't delved deeply into the reporting, but it looks very powerful and probably pretty easy to create custom/ad hoc reports on almost whatever criteria you need.

Cons

The tax receipt/thank you letter is my biggest con. The letter and tax receipt look great in the preview when you're creating/modifying it, but the actual letter that gets sent has tiny print, and you can not modify what it looks like.

Response from Networks for Change

Hello Emily! Thank you so much for this considered and detailed review. We are so grateful for you taking the time! Especially since it's got some really lovely feedback for us. The ability to customize and change receipts is something that our Product Team are working investigating at the moment (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-37) - If we're able to introduce this feature you'll be notified via email :) Again, thank you for the wonderful work that you do for animals and for your ongoing support!

Katie T.

Keela -- Quality Nonprofit Software at an Affordable Price

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

What I enjoy most about Keela is how many features are included at an affordable rate. Working at a small organization, we were able to transition the vast majority of our spreadsheets and loose systems into one. We also were previously using an outdated hardware CRM system installed on a single, unreliable office computer and were in desperate need of a cloud-based system.

Cons

Because Keela is a system that does not include the bells and whistles of more expensive options, some functionality does seem limited. While most issues are very minor, I would say my biggest frustration is not being able to easily track married couples in the same contact entry.

Response from Networks for Change

Hiya Katie! Thank you so much for your excellent feedback - I'm pleased to hear that your transition to Keela has been a positive one :) We want our users to be empowered and it sounds like you're well on your way! I completely understand your desire for a more robust way to track spouses in the Keela system. We have gathered lots of feedback surrounding our Households feature in our Ideas Portal (a place where feature requests and suggestions are born!). If you have any specific changes you would like to request for this feature please let us know by adding an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). We love improving and our users are the best sources for how to do that! Thanks again.

Annastasia F.

Great all-around solution with AWESOME customer service

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

We are a small not-for-profit with a large donor and volunteer base. We neeeded a solution that was robust enough for our needs but simple enough for our staff team to use. Our previous software was WAY TOO complicated and expensive but since switching to Keela my team is super happy.

Pros

It allows us to manage all our stakeholders in one place! Including donors, volunteers, e-news subscribers and event participants. And the customer service is THE BEST I’ve ever experienced. They are always responsive and if the system can’t currently do what i’m looking for, my “wish” goes in the development pipeline and I’ve witnessed several awesome feature updates because of this. A great experience!

Cons

Still trying to figure out the reporting functions. There are lots of reports available but it’s a little less intuitive than other funtions in Keela.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Annastasia, thanks for your kind comments. We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with Keela so far. :) We wanted to let you know that we are planning to make improvements to our Analytics tool soon! You can subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-14). In the meantime, you might want to check out our training session on Analytics to learn how to get the most out of it. You can sign up here (https://calendly.com/keelasuccess/training-session-3).

Matthew S.

Good value for the money!

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

We made the switch from an overpriced, under-utilized database software to Keela. The switch pretty smooth, not without a few learning moments, but all the data was imported. It meets our needs for receiving and tracking donations, receipting, e-blasts, reporting, and it comes with an affordable price tag! Customer support has been great. Overall, we are very happy with the software after using it for 6+months.

Pros

The software is straightforward, fairly intuitive and does most of what we need it to do. The setup for donations through the software was simple. The email platform saves us from having to pay for a separate email service. Most of all, I appreciate the helpful customer support. They answer questions in a timely fashion and have made the overall experience really good!

Cons

The sidebar is limited and should include a quicker link to things like donations, e-blast, etc. In order to use the CRM platform, I have to click through 3 pages to put in a note about a donor. Adding some quicker links for this, including putting an interaction link on the "+" at the top of the page would up my rating of the software.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Matthew, thanks for sharing your review. Glad to hear you are finding Keela to be a good value. :) Regarding your suggestions for improvements to the sidebar, adding donations is something another client suggested recently - you can vote for this idea to subscribe to it here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-126). For your other ideas, we'd love to see ideas for those in our portal as well, so that our product team can review and see if these can be added to Keela in the future. Please share them here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). Thanks!

Bit of a learning curve, but user friendly - excellent support and service

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Brings our team together on items we are working on independantly and collectively. Helps to provide a systemized approach to getting information out to customers and donors. Helps to organise tax receipts and track donor funding. Helps us to organise our members into categories they feel comfortable working in

Pros

1) Dashboard - customizable for our social enterprise/Charity
2) Cloud based, allowing more mobile/rmote access for our team members
3) Pricing - fairly reasonable
4) Tags - customizable
5) Donations - easy to track and issue recipts
6) Tasks and Projects - easy to track - provides accountability for team members (reduces redundant follow-up
7) Customer service and technical support - willing to work with an organisation to help improve (maximize) use of features

Cons

1) eBlast templates need to be more user friendly for custom uploads - (organisation branding)
2) Pricing - there needs to be a mid-tier pricing for the 2500 contact range - 1000 is too small for our organisation, and it will take 2-3 years to get to 5000 as we build - while building, we need to watch costs closely
3) Though easy to use once familiar with the programme, it can be a learning curve: more on-board training needs to be assigned as part of the package price.
4) Drop down menus from top right could be expanded and more explicit - some items could be buttons instead of items in a drop down.

Kalyani G.

Great for a small to medium sized nonprofit

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Fabulous and very responsive team.

Pros

The contact management piece is very easy to use--especially the import process. It provides for a way to quickly spot duplicates. The value for money is great especially for a small nonprofit that is starting to become more strategic with its fundraising. In fact, after using this for a year, I can't imagine how we managed without a searchable donor database. The contacts tool is tied in with eblasts so you can note all interactions with each contact, electronic or otherwise.

Cons

The eblast tool for newsletters is pretty limited. It's a limited pallet so to speak. The keela team has taken our feedback and released upgrades to the tool but there's still some ways to go before making it truly user friendly.

Response from Networks for Change

Hiya Kalyani - thank you so much for your lovely feedback. It's so appreciated! I can definitely agree with your sentiments about surviving without a searchable database and I'm really glad that Keela can provide that for you. I assure you with absolute certainty that we also think your fabulous and look forward to continuing to expand our E-blast builder in the future with the help of your feedback! :) Thank you so much!

Must-have for Any Organization!

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

Overall, I have found Keela to be very useful and I think the subscription has been worth every penny. I would highly for others to give it a try as it can really make donor engagement a much easier process. It has been very beneficial for our organization as we're now much more organized and efficient when it comes to donation tracking and have a place with all of our contact informations.

Pros

What I like about Keela is that it has so many different purposes and can be used for more than just one thing. For example, I can use Keela to create a database for all of our contacts for our nonprofit organization. In addition to that, I can also create a donation page where I can track all of the donations that we recieve a create a donor profile, where I can report how much they've donated.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it can be a little difficult to navigate at certain times. Everything seems to be hidden away under some tabs or menus. This is not a major inconvenience but it would be much easier to use if everything was organized and presented in a better way on the Keela website.

Response from Networks for Change

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback - we are very grateful! It sounds like you've been making good use of your CRM and donation pages which is just fantastic to hear. We are working on making the navigation of Keela even more intuitive and user-friendly - stay tuned for these improvements in the future! If you have any particular suggestions about how to improve navigation, please don't hesitate to let us know by posting an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)! Thanks again!

Leigh S.

Keela has been highly responsive and quick to evolve to meet the practical needs of its customers.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I like the simplicity of Keela however, it's important to point out that the simplicity doesn't compromise how useful the tool is. They've stripped down the CRM model to make it exactly what fundraisers at small and medium size charity need and got rid of all the extra widgets that just make tracking donor data unnecessarily complicated.

We have also greatly appreciated the quick response time of the support team. Multiple features that we have suggested would be useful have shown up in new iterations of the product and the team regularly checks in with us to make sure that we are happy.

Cons

The dashboard isn't the best. I would appreciate being able to customize it to be able to see the information that is important to you at a glance.

Response from Networks for Change

Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to make some improvements to the dashboard and we'd love to hear your ideas. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Keela is a solid choice

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Overall, this is a smart solution to help with donor management.

Pros

It's easy to use and has most of the functionality a small non-profit needs. The campaigns are easy to set up and it's easy to track where money is coming from.

Cons

A few wishes:
I wish you could print tax receipts without having to download them.
I wish the reports were easier to access.
I wish you had a print option for newsletters that downloaded as a word or pdf without the email information.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi there! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback - I'm really glad to hear that you've found Keela easy and solid :) This is the kind of environment we want to create for our users. Have you considered downloading your receipts in bulk and then printing them directly from a folder? This means only a few clicks and may save you lots of time! (More info here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449631-Downloading-Multiple-Tax-Receipts). Also, you can definitely print your E-blasts as a PDF document! (More info here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) Thanks again, we really appreciate your comments! :)

Kymberly P.

Keela has been great for our project management and keeping the team up to date.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Managing Projects easily, creating fundraising campaigns that look good and track metrics, CRM integration.

Pros

It is so easy to use! From the project management to running fundraising campaigns and eBlasts we have been able to do things with little to no learning curve. Customer Support is top notch - I have gotten answers quickly and have been able to resolve any questions I had. The company is very responsive! The whole BAHC team LOVES Keela!

Cons

That there is no mobile platform and not as much customization as we'd like in the Donation Page, email Templates etc.

Response from Networks for Change

Re: customizations, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela.

Katerina A.

Keela Review For Non-Profit

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Its been great to house all of my contacts in one place and offers many campaigns that I have not been able to use since my specific role does not need yet. As a traveling and sales representative, an app is highly needed. I cant even maximize the use of Keela without the availability to have it on a tablet or smart phone. the desktop feature is great for those who work in an office.

Pros

I like the ability to save all of the contacts with several tag associated with it. I like the ability to customize the titles in contacts, for example adding a title like FAX in the phone number area sine it is not available in the general default setting. I like the ability to send an email campaign or specific messages under a household or tag description. I especially like the exporting contacts into an excel spreadsheet function.

Cons

I do not like the fact that you are not able to create a schedule by a specific geography area. For example, in my role I, I visit our clients daily in the greater Miami Area, it would be a very nice function to be able to sort the geography by zip code on the actual site. Alphabetical order is a great option, but for my purposes its better to be sorted by zip code. And the least thing I like about this software is that its not available on a smart tablet or phone. My administrative work is increased at the end of the day because I have to input all of my data in a desktop. And sometimes when I search for a name is does not pop up right away, and I have to look it up by a first name or sort through a tag.

Also, setting up a follow-up appointment is a great option and the dashboard is cool to let you visualize it all, but what would be even better is to develop a suggested routing schedule. Again, this is for traveling sales reps.

Response from Networks for Change

Hello Katerina. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback. It's so important for us as we constantly strive to improve! The ability to filter a list of Contacts by postal code has been added as a feature request to our Ideas Portal (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-401) - I definitely agree that it would be useful! In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] - I'd be happy to provide a workaround for you! The ability to access Keela on a phone/tablet will be a game changer! We are working on this at the moment and hope to have it available soon (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-7). Thank you again for your thoughtful and considered feedback!

4.0/10
Andrew K.

Finally, a CRM designed for non-profits

Reviewed on 2016/09/01

We were one of the lucky few who got to test out Keela from the very beginning. We had previously tried Sales Force and Hubspot but found them to be overly complicated and geared towards Sales.

In contrast, Keela has clearly been designed with non profits in mind with the functionality and set up designed to track donations. engage donors and manage projects.

Pros

A one stop shop for managing projects, sending newsletters, monitoring donations and building relationships with donors.

The customer service is exceptional.

Cons

As it's relatively new their are a couple of minor features missing and limited ability to integrate with other software.

I expect much of this will be resolved as the Keela continues to build on their customer feedback.

Response from Keela

Thanks Andy! Our exceptional customers make that exceptional customer service so easy.

We are much better off than we were before!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Our old system was obsolete- no updates, no support. If it crashed, we would have lost all member and donor data. This cloud-based system is great. And all staff members are able to access member and donor information. It was a rocky start, as many database transitions are, but we're growing into it and the support has been TREMENDOUS.

Pros

I LOVE the amount of support that comes with this software. The team is always there, within minutes usually. We love the amount of organization that comes with Keela, and we enjoy having all of our communications in one place.

Cons

The issues we've run into the most is the number of contacts allotted per price bracket. We feel limited and a little selfish over who we actually add to our system because we don't want to use up valuable contact spots for someone that may just register for a single or pair of classes, and not be a member or donor. We'd also really benfit from an e-commerce option (linking payment methods to custom forms). I have found that some of the merging and duplicate-recognizing capabilities don't seem to be as accurate as we'd like, but that could be more user error.

Response from Networks for Change

Hello there - Wow! We are absolutely over the moon to hear that you're loving the support you're getting - This has made my day! Also, thank you for the very considered feedback regarding the Contact brackets - it's been passed on to our Product Team. Thank you again, YOU are tremendous! :)

Sharifah G.

Incredibly Flexible!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We really like Keela, but may have to migrate to another system that has all the functions we need.

Pros

I love that this software can be used with Mailchimp, Paypal, Stripe, and all the incredibly important tools that I already use day to day.

Cons

The payments don't have an End date. Sometimes, donors are charged continuously when their pledge was only for a short time period.
It doesn't update automatically when a payment go through. We have to constantly manually input variables.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Sharifah - thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that the integrations are helping you out - we really want to make your life easy for you :) I'd love an opportunity to discuss your payment issues a little further - perhaps this is something I can help with! Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] to chat further. Thank you, again!

Glenna F.

Reviewed on 2019/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Help is done through emails and website; no telephone support at all (keeps costs low, but frustrating for user). Integration with many other platforms is excellent. Somewhat clunky to use; limited features; no mobile app. Tasks and contact features are great.

Pros

Keela is easy to use and low cost with great integration with other applications.

Cons

Limited features (for example sorting) and no specific application for grants or project tracking (but does have task feature).

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Glenna! Thank you so much for providing this feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad to see that you find the system easy to use! We really pride ourselves on making the system as intuitive as possible. You're right - at the moment our support is online only. (You can find more information about this here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019505151-What-kind-of-support-is-provided-). We are looking at adding phone support in the future as an add on service. We'll be in touch if this becomes available! In the meantime, keep doing the incredible work that you do and thank you again :)

6.0/10
Julie V.

Very happy with switch to Keela, looking forward to updates and new features.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

I've been able to bring in other team members - employees and board - and enable them to use the software. As a result, we have increased our interactions and followups with donors. We get receipts out in a more timely manner. Also our online donations have become much simpler - both for the donor and for our record keeping and payment processing. Recurring donations are so much easier now.

Pros

It's simple and clean, and doesn't require developer skills. All the basic features you need are there. I wish it had been around when I was first looking for a CRM. Keela would have been a great way to learn what needed to happen and I could have set up our system much faster and easier.

Cons

There are still some major features and customizations missing, though from talking to support (which is very good), I have heard that some of these missing features will be coming soon. Otherwise, I only have minor complaints about moving around in the software, and some minor glitches with certain things not working - for example when I sort donations by date from within a profile, it sorts them - but not by date. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way it sort. But, no big deal.

Response from Networks for Change

Thanks for your feedback! You should be able to sort donation dates in Keela in chronological order - we'd like to look into this with you.
Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Linda C.

So much easier than ETapestry

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I needed to be in the donor base daily and receive our applications for our programs. It has been very easy.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how I don't have to ask for help every time I need to try something new. And when I have asked for help I get an answer quickly.

Cons

I had to change from Constant Contact to Mail Chimp to more easily interface with Keela but that's working OK. We tried to use the email blast in Keela but it was very cumbersome for our newsletters.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Linda, thanks so much for your feedback! Really glad to hear that you're finding Keela easy to use.

I was wondering if you've had a chance to try out our E-blasts in the last few months? We made some major improvements to the template builder in March and I think you will find it a lot easier to use! You can read more about this here: https://www.keela.co/blog/donor-communications/eblast-template-builder

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, or ideas for how to make Keela better. :) We'd love to hear from you.