Leigh S.

Keela has been highly responsive and quick to evolve to meet the practical needs of its...

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I like the simplicity of Keela however, it's important to point out that the simplicity doesn't compromise how useful the tool is. They've stripped down the CRM model to make it exactly what fundraisers at small and medium size charity need and got rid of all the extra widgets that just make tracking donor data unnecessarily complicated.

We have also greatly appreciated the quick response time of the support team. Multiple features that we have suggested would be useful have shown up in new iterations of the product and the team regularly checks in with us to make sure that we are happy.

Cons

The dashboard isn't the best. I would appreciate being able to customize it to be able to see the information that is important to you at a glance.

Response from Networks for Change

Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to make some improvements to the dashboard and we'd love to hear your ideas. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Justin H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Keels Review

Reviewed on 2021/04/13

Very good

Pros

Ease of use. I also like the lower cost.

Cons

Inability to connect offline recurring donations.

Mackenzie D.

A CRM that better fit our needs.

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Keela and their team has been exceptional in their customer service and getting back with answers to my questions.

Pros

Keela's features were designed with non-profits in mind (versus business-based designs from competitors) that allow for easier organization of newsletter campaigns, volunteers, and interactions with contacts.

Cons

Keela 1.0 is rough around the edges in some aspects. For example, the e-blast editor is difficult to navigate on a laptop or smaller desktop screen as some text boxes or drop down menus get squished or pushed off screen, and pressing one wrong button could lead you to lose your work.

Response from Keela

Thank you so much for your review, Mackenzie! We hope that Keela 2.0 has been a more user-friendly experience for you! Your team has provided great insight to our Support Team on additional features you are looking for in the system. This goes a long way in supporting our team in building an even more user-friendly platform! We appreciate your time and look forward to continuing to work with the team!

Elisabeth O.

Review for small charity with staff of one looking to grow our capacity

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Overall Keela is excellent and I love using it. More than that, I love the Keela brand and what the company stands for. There's a warmth and personal approach that helps me feel confident that the Keela team are in my corner. Since I'm the only staff member for my charity, I can't overstate the importance of feeling like Keela are an extended part of my charity team - you help me feel supported and less alone. Thank you!
(Also love the annual capacity conference - please keep it coming!!)

Pros

The price point is REALLY amazing for very small, young charities. For the functionality, Keela offers huge bang for our buck. My charity Board love that Keela are specifically aiming to help small charities like our grow our capacity. Switching to Keela has allowed me (the ED and sole staff member) to streamline our work flows and automate a bunch of things (like tax receipts and donor thank yous!) that were taking up a lot of my time.

Cons

One thing that bugs me a lot is when someone uses the contact form that is embedded into our website I seem to need to click through several layers in Keela to actually get to their message (notifications > contact > interactions > contact form > message). It'd be amazing if somehow those messages were easier to access - it took me a few goes to figure out that I need to look up "interactions" for a contact, and not "emails".

Response from Keela

Hi Elisabeth, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review for Keela! We are so warmed that you consider us part of your team. We definitely love helping out our customers and consider them part of the Keela family as well :) I've passed on your feedback to our team regarding the form responses and interactions vs emails. We are currently working on some improvements, so hopefully, these items will be included in a release soon!

Doug C.

First-class for customer support

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Keela is allowing us to combine all of our donor and revenue data in one platform, with the ability to easily create new forms, send e-blasts, and track all revenues, and compile a complete profile for each donor to enable more intelligent and focused fundraising. You don't need to spend big bucks to have the features you need!

Pros

Keela is a mid-range platform that is relatively easy to use, with many useful features and a commitment to continuous improvement that is second-to-none. I have found their representatives very responsive to questions and concerns. The data onboarding process was relatively inexpensive and straightforward, though be sure to prepare your data properly, or you will end up having to correct a lot of issues. I have yet to fully explore the forms and e-blast functions, but these look to be robust. And the Contact Insights feature that identifies a donor's gift potential and suggests a gift range is simply brilliant.

Cons

There's nothing difficult to use. More advance coaching on the onboarding process would have been appreciated, but once we got started, everything fell into place. I look forward to the addition of new features such as a peer-to-peer fundraising module.

Response from Keela

Hi Doug, it always makes our day to hear from you! Our Support Team appreciates all of your throughout and insightful questions that you send through. We appreciate the feedback on onboarding, we are always looking for ways to improve this process, so we will certainly take note of your experience and recommendations.

Also, it sounds like you are in the midst of getting started with E-blast and Forms! Aside from our Knowledge base resources on these features, we would happy to support you with any questions you have or engage in brainstorming with you, so you can make your organization's ideas come to life. You know where to find us ([email protected])

PS: peer to peer is on its way, stay tuned!

Taryn S.

Lovely locally program!

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

We think it is pretty great!

Pros

This is more than a CRM for us! This software created inspiration for building a journey for our donors and sponsors. It provides us with numbers at our finger tips and knowledge is power.

Cons

There are some functions that are lacking intuitive UX for our team.

Response from Keela

What an incredible review Taryn, this is EXACTLY what Keela aims to do. We not only aim to provide a practical and efficient CRM but we also aim to create tools and resources that support organization's creativity and critical thinking so they can thrive and keep sharing their impact with the world. We are so delighted to hear Keela has supported your organization with this.

With that said, we would be happy to hear your feedback on our UX design, so we can work on improving this. Keela is designed specifically for our organizations, which is why this feedback is so crucial for us. Feel free to send your recommendations to [email protected] or share them in our Product Portal (https://portal.productboard.com/keela/1-product-portal/tabs/1-under-consideration).

Thanks again for your humbling review and we look forward to your continued journey with Keela.

R. brad S.

A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

Overall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.

Pros

-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software.
-Immediate, flexible training for the staff.
-Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.

Cons

-I am not fond of the analytics tool. Again, maybe this has more to do with the fact that its too simple, but as an analyst I find it difficult to get the information I want easily.
-We have had some struggles with the integration with other vendors-specifically MailChimp. After following all the instructions for both companies, we still cannot complete a good link.

Response from Networks for Change

Hello Brad! I'm so glad to hear your feedback - especially your sentiments about training which the Customer Success team are particularly proud of :). I'm also pleased that you find the system to be easy - Our goal is a simple system that users can transition to easily so this is very good news! I understand that the Analytics tool can be challenging sometimes - and I'm happy to let you know that we're making improvements to it early this year! We'd also love to hear your suggestions for what you'd like to see (you can post them here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)) In the meantime, if you would ever like suggestions on how to access your desired information please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] - we will do our best to find a quick and easy way to get what you need. Also, please also let us know if you are still experiencing issues with MailChimp - We'll be happy to take a look.

Annastasia F.

Great all-around solution with AWESOME customer service

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

We are a small not-for-profit with a large donor and volunteer base. We neeeded a solution that was robust enough for our needs but simple enough for our staff team to use. Our previous software was WAY TOO complicated and expensive but since switching to Keela my team is super happy.

Pros

It allows us to manage all our stakeholders in one place! Including donors, volunteers, e-news subscribers and event participants. And the customer service is THE BEST I’ve ever experienced. They are always responsive and if the system can’t currently do what i’m looking for, my “wish” goes in the development pipeline and I’ve witnessed several awesome feature updates because of this. A great experience!

Cons

Still trying to figure out the reporting functions. There are lots of reports available but it’s a little less intuitive than other funtions in Keela.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Annastasia, thanks for your kind comments. We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with Keela so far. :) We wanted to let you know that we are planning to make improvements to our Analytics tool soon! You can subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-14). In the meantime, you might want to check out our training session on Analytics to learn how to get the most out of it. You can sign up here (https://calendly.com/keelasuccess/training-session-3).

Reed P.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Keela is a good for a small industry

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

I am happy to have one piece of software at that does not require customization and is affordable for a small non-profit like ours.

Pros

It is very easy to start using. I was able to easily import my data and get to work pulling numbers.
The customer service has been very responsive and pleasant. I really enjoy my interactions and have been able to quickly overcome obstacles.
I am happy that it meets so many of our needs -- weekly email blasts, moves management for donors, and volunteer activities -- at a reasonable price my small non-profit can afford.

Cons

We have had some difficulty with email provider spam filters rejecting our Keela-generated emails before users can even see them. This has reduced our open rate on my weekly emails -- which are very popular with our members.

I wish I could pick the attribute that we use to avoid duplicates.

Response from Keela

Hi Reed! Thank you so much for this great feedback, we really appreciate it. I'm so glad that you find the system easy to use and that it's meeting your needs. This is wonderful news! Check out our Best Practices article (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028863892-Best-Practices-for-Using-E-blasts) for lots of tips and tricks on how you can increase your mass email credibility. This will help the email providers of your recipients when they're scanning your E-blasts. Another great way to help out with this is by taking advantage of our integration with SendGrid. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for more details - we're always happy to help. Thank you again!

Matthew S.

Good value for the money!

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

We made the switch from an overpriced, under-utilized database software to Keela. The switch pretty smooth, not without a few learning moments, but all the data was imported. It meets our needs for receiving and tracking donations, receipting, e-blasts, reporting, and it comes with an affordable price tag! Customer support has been great. Overall, we are very happy with the software after using it for 6+months.

Pros

The software is straightforward, fairly intuitive and does most of what we need it to do. The setup for donations through the software was simple. The email platform saves us from having to pay for a separate email service. Most of all, I appreciate the helpful customer support. They answer questions in a timely fashion and have made the overall experience really good!

Cons

The sidebar is limited and should include a quicker link to things like donations, e-blast, etc. In order to use the CRM platform, I have to click through 3 pages to put in a note about a donor. Adding some quicker links for this, including putting an interaction link on the "+" at the top of the page would up my rating of the software.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Matthew, thanks for sharing your review. Glad to hear you are finding Keela to be a good value. :) Regarding your suggestions for improvements to the sidebar, adding donations is something another client suggested recently - you can vote for this idea to subscribe to it here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-126). For your other ideas, we'd love to see ideas for those in our portal as well, so that our product team can review and see if these can be added to Keela in the future. Please share them here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). Thanks!

Bit of a learning curve, but user friendly - excellent support and service

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Brings our team together on items we are working on independantly and collectively. Helps to provide a systemized approach to getting information out to customers and donors. Helps to organise tax receipts and track donor funding. Helps us to organise our members into categories they feel comfortable working in

Pros

1) Dashboard - customizable for our social enterprise/Charity
2) Cloud based, allowing more mobile/rmote access for our team members
3) Pricing - fairly reasonable
4) Tags - customizable
5) Donations - easy to track and issue recipts
6) Tasks and Projects - easy to track - provides accountability for team members (reduces redundant follow-up
7) Customer service and technical support - willing to work with an organisation to help improve (maximize) use of features

Cons

1) eBlast templates need to be more user friendly for custom uploads - (organisation branding)
2) Pricing - there needs to be a mid-tier pricing for the 2500 contact range - 1000 is too small for our organisation, and it will take 2-3 years to get to 5000 as we build - while building, we need to watch costs closely
3) Though easy to use once familiar with the programme, it can be a learning curve: more on-board training needs to be assigned as part of the package price.
4) Drop down menus from top right could be expanded and more explicit - some items could be buttons instead of items in a drop down.

Response from Networks for Change

Thanks for your feedback! We're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela.
Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Ronald M.

Extremely useful

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

We were looking a CRM for non-profit over many years. We tried and implemented Al lest other two products but the results were not as We hope. With Keela We are very happy because it is all in one products and they know what are they doing. Congratulations for your company.

Pros

It is very user friendly and complete. Definitely a complete solution for non-profit.

Cons

Any is missing. For us keela works perfectly.

Response from Keela

Hi Ronald, we are so appreciative of your review. It's great to hear that Keela is meeting all the needs of your organization, that is our ultimate goal after all! We are looking forward to watching your organization grow and prosper alongside Keela. Keep up the awesome work :)

Must-have for Any Organization!

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

Overall, I have found Keela to be very useful and I think the subscription has been worth every penny. I would highly for others to give it a try as it can really make donor engagement a much easier process. It has been very beneficial for our organization as we're now much more organized and efficient when it comes to donation tracking and have a place with all of our contact informations.

Pros

What I like about Keela is that it has so many different purposes and can be used for more than just one thing. For example, I can use Keela to create a database for all of our contacts for our nonprofit organization. In addition to that, I can also create a donation page where I can track all of the donations that we recieve a create a donor profile, where I can report how much they've donated.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it can be a little difficult to navigate at certain times. Everything seems to be hidden away under some tabs or menus. This is not a major inconvenience but it would be much easier to use if everything was organized and presented in a better way on the Keela website.

Response from Networks for Change

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback - we are very grateful! It sounds like you've been making good use of your CRM and donation pages which is just fantastic to hear. We are working on making the navigation of Keela even more intuitive and user-friendly - stay tuned for these improvements in the future! If you have any particular suggestions about how to improve navigation, please don't hesitate to let us know by posting an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)! Thanks again!

We are much better off than we were before!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Our old system was obsolete- no updates, no support. If it crashed, we would have lost all member and donor data. This cloud-based system is great. And all staff members are able to access member and donor information. It was a rocky start, as many database transitions are, but we're growing into it and the support has been TREMENDOUS.

Pros

I LOVE the amount of support that comes with this software. The team is always there, within minutes usually. We love the amount of organization that comes with Keela, and we enjoy having all of our communications in one place.

Cons

The issues we've run into the most is the number of contacts allotted per price bracket. We feel limited and a little selfish over who we actually add to our system because we don't want to use up valuable contact spots for someone that may just register for a single or pair of classes, and not be a member or donor. We'd also really benfit from an e-commerce option (linking payment methods to custom forms). I have found that some of the merging and duplicate-recognizing capabilities don't seem to be as accurate as we'd like, but that could be more user error.

Response from Networks for Change

Hello there - Wow! We are absolutely over the moon to hear that you're loving the support you're getting - This has made my day! Also, thank you for the very considered feedback regarding the Contact brackets - it's been passed on to our Product Team. Thank you again, YOU are tremendous! :)

Glenna F.

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Help is done through emails and website; no telephone support at all (keeps costs low, but frustrating for user). Integration with many other platforms is excellent. Somewhat clunky to use; limited features; no mobile app. Tasks and contact features are great.

Pros

Keela is easy to use and low cost with great integration with other applications.

Cons

Limited features (for example sorting) and no specific application for grants or project tracking (but does have task feature).

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Glenna! Thank you so much for providing this feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad to see that you find the system easy to use! We really pride ourselves on making the system as intuitive as possible. You're right - at the moment our support is online only. (You can find more information about this here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019505151-What-kind-of-support-is-provided-). We are looking at adding phone support in the future as an add on service. We'll be in touch if this becomes available! In the meantime, keep doing the incredible work that you do and thank you again :)

Julie V.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Very happy with switch to Keela, looking forward to updates and new features.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

I've been able to bring in other team members - employees and board - and enable them to use the software. As a result, we have increased our interactions and followups with donors. We get receipts out in a more timely manner. Also our online donations have become much simpler - both for the donor and for our record keeping and payment processing. Recurring donations are so much easier now.

Pros

It's simple and clean, and doesn't require developer skills. All the basic features you need are there. I wish it had been around when I was first looking for a CRM. Keela would have been a great way to learn what needed to happen and I could have set up our system much faster and easier.

Cons

There are still some major features and customizations missing, though from talking to support (which is very good), I have heard that some of these missing features will be coming soon. Otherwise, I only have minor complaints about moving around in the software, and some minor glitches with certain things not working - for example when I sort donations by date from within a profile, it sorts them - but not by date. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way it sort. But, no big deal.

Response from Networks for Change

Thanks for your feedback! You should be able to sort donation dates in Keela in chronological order - we'd like to look into this with you.
Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Kathryn Y.

Keela Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

Overall very happy with Keela!

Pros

Overall very easy to use, I like that we are able to tag our contacts and place them in accessible and relevant categories.

Cons

A few features are a little hard to find, seems weird that e-blasts are under campaigns. It is also a bit difficult to change some organization settings, once found they are easy to change - getting there is not intuitive.

Response from Keela

Hi Kathryn, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Keela! We are happy to hear you are finding the system easy to use :) Also, to your note about E-blasts, we have definitely taken this into consideration. That's why, in Keela 2.0, E-blast have their very own section! You will find a lot of other features are easier to find and navigate in 2.0. Stay tuned, it's coming soon! Thanks again for your feedback, from the whole team here at Keela.

Madeleine L.

Game Changing Software

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

An amazing product with great customer support always willing to help! Cannot recommend this enough as it has provided an overall great user experience.

Pros

Keela has been an extremely effective, and easy to use product. It offers a range of capabilities with a user friendly approach making it a great tool for all members of our team.

Cons

I have had an extremely positive experience with Keela. The CRM features are very strong, and the form capabilities have been improving since first using the product. An improvement I would like to see would be more advanced logic capabilities on the forms to make it even more comprehensive than it already is.

Peter H.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Keela makes 'working smarter', easier and more fun.

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

Excellent CRM. #1 reason nonprofits fail to use CRM's is how difficult they are to use. They include too many features that aren't necessary; and require dozens of unnecessary clicks to get content you want. Keela has all of your nonprofits needs on screen only when you want to be looking at it. Its clear, intuitive, colorful, and fun to use. Keela makes 'working smarter', easier and more fun.

Cons

Since it's new, some features are still in development. Integrations are growing. Some more customization on forms (donations) and receipts would be nice. Event integration is in the works but is a must

Response from Keela

Hi Peter! Our team just wanted to reach out and thank you for your review! It has been awesome working with you and your team :) We hope you are still finding Keela super easy and simple to use, that's our ultimate goal! We look forward to continuing to work with you to support your organizations success :)

Jaskirat G.

Good Software for managing a business

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Great!

Pros

The feature to send out mass emails; Also, the ease of use for our team members.

Cons

The options sometimes seem to be limited. For example, the forms can be made a bit better

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Jaskirat, we've love to hear your ideas for making Forms better. Can you add a suggestion to our Ideas Portal for our Product team to review? (https://keela.ideas.aha.io). Looking forward to seeing your idea!

Tim B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Clean and simple

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Their customer service is over the top. Everyone is super kind and extremely responsive to issues and concerns. Fabulous team!

Pros

I love how clean and straightforward the system appears. I'm not bombarded by too much information at the very beginning. It gives you a chance to set your own goals and presents your progress in a way that is both encouraging and helpful.

Cons

It was a little difficult to figure out the different functions. When creating some of the peer-to-peer fundraising pages, it was unclear at first how to plug forms into projects and connect them to campaigns.

Response from Networks for Change

Hey Tim :) Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. We are very chuffed! Particularly you're note about fabulous customer service - we think you're pretty fabulous too! I'm so glad to hear that you're up and running and using Keela to be successful. If you ever have any questions you know where to find us :) Thanks again!

Anna Z.

Looks great, doesn't function well

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

It looked nice but a huge disappointment.

Pros

It looks beautiful and clean. Vibrant colors.

Cons

Very challenging to create reports. Our organization gets grants and reporting is a huge aspect of our monthly financials. Keela did not have a clean reporting. Very disappointing.

Response from Keela

Hello Anna - Thank you so much for providing this feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time! We are on a constant journey of improvement and the opportunity to grow is invaluable to us. Our Customer Success team has reached out to find out a little more details about the reports that you would like to see added to Keela - I look forward to hearing more details for you and getting these updated into the system. If you ever have any questions about how to use the reporting tools or would like to pass through suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] - we love feedback and new ideas! Thanks again.

Javier C.
  • Industry: Military

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

Keela provides easy classification tools to group our donors. It evens lets us analyze and compartmentalize data as we choose. We LOVE the donation tracking and integration capabilities.

Cons

It could improve by allowing users to remove boxes that don't apply to a particular donor. Also, an app would be really helpful. Lastly, the ability to add individuals to an eblast after it has been sent can help us save some time.

Response from Networks for Change

Hi Javier, thanks for your feedback. Good news! Our mobile CRM app is on the way. You can vote for this feature to be subscribed for updates in our Ideas Portal here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-54). We'd love to hear more about your other suggestions for improving Keela. Can you please add ideas for these (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new) with a little more detail on what you'd like to see? Looking forward to seeing your ideas!

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Tax receipts, CRM, are easy and the real plus for Keela

Pros

It is very easy to follow and track donations.

Cons

Customer support. For a tech company our educational session kept dropping off line and disconnecting. No follow up to ensure we knew how to navigate the site.

Response from Networks for Change

Hey there, thanks for your feedback. We did have some issues recently with our office's internet connection dropping off during training sessions. I'm sorry that this affected you. I'm happy to let you know that we've recently upgraded our internet connection to help prevent this from happening, and I would like to invite you and your team to sign up for our new training webinar sessions to make sure you have everything you need to be successful using Keela. Please sign up here (https://calendly.com/keelasuccess). If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Success team for assistance. You can reach them at [email protected]

Zack M.

Keela is a solid tool to help any business

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Pros

Bright and colourful, easy to navigate (for the most part), donations are easy to track within contacts as well as within campaigns

Cons

No peer to peer fundraising. The design program is not great, the customizer options are not in the favour of the user. Contacts have to be searched for letter by letter, cant partially search a contact

Response from Keela

Hiya Zack! Thank you for your thoughtful feedback - we are very grateful! I'm really glad you find the system easy to navigate. We are definitely working on introducing peer to peer fundraising and some additional improvements to the design tool (stay tuned!!!). We're very excited to see all of the incredible things that you are your team can do with these new features towards the end of the year (2019). Thanks again!