Omnisend Reviews

Omnisend

Marketing automation for smart ecommerce marketers

4.8/5 (422 reviews)
Andrea K.

Good App - lots of options, good support & easy to set up

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

I love the live view of the software & find it captures much more data than I ever did on MailChimp as to who has clicked through & actions taken. The abandoned cart in particular is way more effective than mailchimp ever waas.

After years of having a social media company manage my newsletter, I moved to ominsend when MailChimp stopped working with Shopify. I was able to manage the migration myself and support was excellent, from simple questions too difficult set up's questions.

I like the many options for follow up drip series of follow-ups, abandoned carts, re-engaging customers. Love the gift box (although I do wish redirect/answer didn't go to a non-secure link as this comes up on my antivirus every time) & scratch & win.

The base price of this app is reasonable and offers a lot of options included with it.

Cons

I love that this app has pop up's built-in but I wish they were more customizable to my theme. The wheel for example doesn't go with my color scheme so I haven't been using it. I have been trying to build a pop up exit offer to link to a quiz but can't get it to look right or work. I have tried several but have never put any into use as they either don't match my colour theme or I can't get them to do look how I want.

I would like to see an overall metric that shows growth of my entire list instead of giving stats by each catagory such as automation, campaigns etc. While this info is great I would like to see the overall list growth as an additional stat as I watch the size of my list growth each week.

The base price is reasonable but the next step up is a huge leap. I tried the upper price option for a month but found I wasn't making progress with the sms & messenger portion. It costs so much more I downgraded as it isn't affordable to test out. The ala carte add on's for these are way to expensive to acutally use (a person may as well just upgrade). I would like to see these options a bit more affordable as they take some time to build & start seeing results. There are apps that do messenging, sms & text at no charge or minimal/month & while I prefer to have everything under one app I would go with a less expensive due to the big leap in price.

Would like to see loyalty program integrated

Diana O.

Is Omnisend right for you?

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

Omnisend has made my email marketing automated so I spend less time on the emails.

Pros

I have been using several email campaign providers for the past 10 years yet none have had the best customer service, a simple set up and amazing templates that you can customize. As a newbie to the software it can be intimidating but the youtube videos are so helpful. If you get stuck Omnisend has great customer service very polite and they respond very quickly. It was also easy to set up. I had to use an API to transfer my information to Omnisend so I just followed the directions. The Omnisend directions give you print screens so it makes it that much easier to follow. Lastly, Omnisend has easy to use templates just drag and drop. Thank you, creators, of Omnisend for taking the time to hear what the email marketers need!

Cons

This software is easy to use and can feel that you are doing something wrong. Also if you need major tech support they do take a day to answer and that can be stressful if you need them as soon as possible.

Nate P.

seamless marketing platform with Affordable pricing

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Great experience and enjoy the consistent and reliable automated email marketing that frees up my time

Pros

The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.

Cons

The email templates that you build do not always look the same when you open them on mobile devices. Specifically, I noticed the mail app on Apple Iphone's do not display the email in the same way that the gmail app would display it.

Kimberly H.

Omnisend - A good alternative to Mailchimp

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

Our small business has been a paid user of Omnisend for 2 years now and I really love how everything works well and get our mailers and abandoned cart emails delivered to customers' inboxes on time!

Pros

I like that the staff are very prompt and attentive to our inquiries and that the email automation actually works (not being categorised as 'spam' by email providers) with reports of opening and clicking rate.

Cons

I wish there was a one-click button option for us to request for installation or integration of the Omnisend mailers with our website as it is quite frustrating to have to manually request in the chat system everytime we change our site template.

Apart from that, I think it would be good if the automation form could auto-generate a promo code everytime a customers registers a valid email address with us so customers do not have to wait for the email containing the discount to purchase with us.

Justin J.

Not Bad... I like some of it, but they raised priced significantly this past year....

Reviewed on 2018/10/21

so, so... again as I have stated, I am ok with a price increase from companies as I realize companies need to improve margins and top-line sales revenue, but as a customer of theirs for nearly 2 years and glowing recommendations to my friends/ colleagues in the industry... I no longer recommend the product as you can get more value for your dollar for what they now charge. But for me at this time, their hooks are in tight at this point, so Im stuck for the moment but will be looking for a new platform to switch to soon unless they reduce their price which I know they wont AND/ OR improve the value for what I am now having to spend.

Pros

Not Bad... I like the product and have been using it for 2 1/2 years - and I signed up originally because the price was great, but now, I don't love the platform for the price they now charge. The company raised the price significantly this past year... when I say significantly, I mean close to 400% -- and nothing really really changed for the price increase. I would have switched platforms actually because I don't like the following features, or lack thereof for the price they now charge:

- Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes
- You have to re-fill in your social media information each/ every time you send a new email campaign
- Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

Cons

- Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes
- Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

Jess L.

OmniSend, is a god send!

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Pros

There is a lot that OmniSend does extremely well, we used to use Klaviyo in the past and it was an absolute nightmare, the interface was disgusting and so clunky to use. When we swapped to OmniSend, we honestly will never go back to anything else. OmniSend's interface and ease of use are insane for the price that you pay. Would 100% recommend it to any of my colleagues and continually do!

Cons

As a company with a very strong focus on how things look, there are a few design additions I think that could be added, along with some pre-created templates that are filled with content. Something similar to how MailChimp does it? Just a suggestion!

Taylor S.

Omnisend HELPED our online revenue

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Our overall online revenue has really skyrocketed since using Omnisend. Before we were just relying on social media posts when it came to online marketing. With Omnisend we are now GURANTEED to hit the inbox of everyone who has purchased from us and wants updates. This is the exact audience who will purchase from us again all due to our Omnisend e-blasts!

Pros

I find that Omnisend works really great for our small company! I love that we can track our sales from our campaigns and show that the cost of Omnisend is really paying for itself from the revenue we receive from our e-blasts! Overall it is a pretty simple interface and we choose to use it over other larger email marketing programs.

Cons

I'm not extremely knowledgeable about coding. I find that when I use the "Featured Items" template on mobile devices it stacks the items rather than keeping them in a row as displayed on desktop. I would really like if this feature kept my elements in a row because otherwise it makes my email very lengthy.

Maile U.

I've been impressed so far

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/07

I'm hoping that having a reliable email marketing app will help me to send more regular emails to my customer list...and I am certain that will help my sales. So far so good.

Pros

The emails are easy to put together using their interface, and most importantly, they are beautiful. For a company like mine (selling jewelry online), that is extremely important. I am always short on time, so any software that makes marketing easier for a reasonable price is attractive to me. I've been impressed so far by Omnisend. I've tried multiple email marketing apps, and this one is my favorite to date.

Cons

I am not entirely familiar with all the ins and outs of Omnisend yet, so I don't think I can speak to any structural issues or large problems it might have. They might be there, but so far I haven't seen any. There are features I'd like to see that Omnisend doesn't yet offer, like integrating with review apps to include snippets of reviews in abandoned cart emails. But maybe they will include that at some future point.

Nick H.

Best email marketing software that I've used!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

My overall experience with Omnisend has been amazing. This software has allowed me to automate my email marketing and start building relationships with customers and everyone else who comes in contact with my brand.

Pros

I love that it gives me the ability to visualize my automated workflows before building them out. It allows me to craft our brand experience and customize it for different groups of people.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. So far it has all of the features that I need and more.

Svetlana O.

Easy to use, saves time

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

quick and easy marketing and saves a lot of my time

Pros

I like how Omnisend helps me to market my products and increase my sales. Email marketing, push notifications, scratch cards, reports, contact list updates...

Cons

when you need to go back if you forgot something, no option to open the next step in new tab

Cauley S.

What a find!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

On-boarding was a breeze and the templates to create emails are very easy and great looking. The integration with Shopify and the capabilities in automation are very strong. I was able to replicate workflows I previously had in HubSpot (a tool that can cost $11,000+ annually) with no issue at all. Prior to Omnisend I was in MailChimp for a couple months after leaving HubSpot due to not being able to justify the cost. I'm very pleased to have found Omnisend.

Pros

I've used many tools int he past, including MailChimp and HubSpot, and Omni send is by far the the more powerful email template/creative platform.

Cons

Not much to say negative. Maybe the ability to send MMS in addition to SMS messages. When talking to existing and engaged customers it would be nice to be able to include graphically based messages. Would also be nice to be able to put messaging on hold for a defined amount of time for active clients that let us know they are traveling or can't order for some reason. We are a weekly service so that request from our clients is pretty common.

Jess L.

OmniSend is perfect for Shopify connection.

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

Pros

I like that OmniSend links perfectly with Shopify, we used to use MailChimp and since have made the swap due to MailChimp cutting off the connection. However we don't regret the change whatsoever, and OmniSend's interface is easy to use and train new staff on.

Cons

I feel like there are some areas that OmniSend could improve on mainly when it comes to customisation, as a graphic designer, there are some features lacking such as kerning and whatnot that would take OmniSend to the same level as competitors such as MailChimp.

Elena D.

Great tool for email marketing

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

Its clean, very easy to use, very intuitive and provides great reports...

Cons

I´m still missing some key functionalities like integrated web-forms to incorporate into my website and eliminate the need for other additional middle-man apps to collect all my leads...

Mary M.

Great all-in-one app

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

I love the Live View so that I can see which products are being removed from the cart most often. I also love how easy it is to set up my marketing automations. Super user-friendly!

Cons

I wish it would allow you to create a custom e-mail template that you can use to create future campaigns. I end up having to start from scratch every time.

Cassidy C.

PERFECT for my boutique!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

Awesome app, awesome features! SO glad I made the switch.

Pros

This is such a user friendly platform. I love how I can connect the app right to my shopify site and it makes generating emails SO easy. The live view on the app is also intriguing to watch. I have several automation set up through Omnisend and I have never had any issues with them!

Cons

I haven't really ran into any issues yet! I am getting into more custom work, so hopefully it will be pretty simple to insert some pieces created in Illustrator right to Omnisend.

Filippo D.

Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

Pros

Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it.

The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons

The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future.

To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

Lisa K.

Pretty easy to use and love the price

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

We get a lot of good open rates and lots of clicks from Omnisend. Compared to what we previously used, I can definitely see with the reports that we're making quite more than before and it's been growing steadily. So good price, great ROI and of course fantastic customer support.

Pros

I've gotta say that they really know how to make an "easy to use" product. I read all these 5 star reviews before I got the app and really I thought it was, you know, marketing stuff but...once you like connect it to your store then you're pretty ready to go. I played around with the newsletter maker and it was easy. really easy. I had mailchimp before and really it took me like hours just to figure out where i was. this one...20 minutes i think I was done. Also, price is amazing and really works with our budget.

Cons

thre are some features they're missing that I'd like. i know that facebook is important and it would be nice if they could make it easier to create facebook ads based on user info that we already have. but i guess they're working on it, so we'll see how it goes.

Brady H.

Mailchimp Migrant

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Pros

Love the ease of use when designing emails. The user interface is also pleasantly smooth and simple to navigate. The design and branding of the platform translates to the default design options during email creation as well. That makes our job much easier because we don't have to do a ton of a work to make something look good.

Cons

The only real con I can think of is it's not really set up for enterprise/agency use quite yet. If you happen to use the same email address on multiple accounts, the multi-brand navigation is there. But if you use different email addresses, it seems you have to log out and log back in.

Cindy C.

Great Software for the Price

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Our over all experience has been very non eventful, which for me is good!

Pros

After much research, and using another software that became very expensive, I switched to Omnisend. I saved about 50% over the cost of the other software. We send out at least once a month emails. They can be schedule out and this is great. We also have several automations in place that work well. We are able to clone or duplicate previous campaign emails, allowing for a smooth set up of newer emails without having to rebuild each new email. Integrates great with our Shopify platform.

Cons

We did loose a few features for some of the automations when we switched, but what we lost compared to what we saved financially, was very minimal. Automations have more of a learning curve when setting them up, but we have been able by trial and error to figure them out.

Katrin L.

Omnisend Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

So far it's been great, i've participated in the webinar and the staff seems nice.

Pros

Easy migrating from Mailchimp. Easy to use interface, and great customer service.

Cons

I wish I could embed video that was playable in the email. Perhaps more options for the custom HTML blocks

Amir Y.

Feedback

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/08/06

My experience so far has been relatively good. For my needs it gets the job done but as I mentioned I would like it if you offered a full service option.

Pros

the emails are easy to set up and create compared to other platforms.

Cons

want more templates & the Text message aspect was easier to set up. I also which you have an internal team that I could pay to create and send out emails for me weekly.

Arielle C.

I like the product.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/02

It's cool, still feeling it out

Pros

There are alot options to use and its very functional.

Cons

We had some issues with customers who signed up with apple.

6.0/10

Great e-commerce email marketing software

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Omnisend has been great and has other features like messenger bot integration and integration with social media that we will be implementing in the future. 2 thumbs up.

Pros

I LOVE Omnisend. My client had to switch from mailchimp to another software for her e-commerce business, something that would integrate with Shopify, and we found omnisend. The templates are beautiful and easily changeable and editable. The interface and backend design is clean and easy to use, and we can even see who bought items from specific emails so we know what works and what doesn't. Plus it's super affordable. Definitely recommend for a small online e-commerce business.

Cons

I had a little issue changing the email and password but was able to resolve it through customer service.

David B.

Great for newbies and experienced marketers alike

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

We've been able to increase our sales massively over the past year with omnisend it's automation and ability to send series of emails to catch customers eyes is top notch and extremely valuable. We look forward to see how much more the software can help us over the next year!

Pros

The software is one of the easiest to use as a 'newbie' into the world of ecommerce and wanting to connect with customers at the right time for them to spend their money with us. Omisend has such a wide range of tools it's enabled us to remove several other apps and save time by having all the tools in one place. It has also enabled us to increase our revenue which is a massive plus!

Cons

I think the lack of facebook integration to help create adverts that appeal to our customer client base and get them in front of the right people.

Etienne E.

Soundest Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

Omnisend has helped boost revenue and well covers its cost. It guarantees sales on every e-mail for us and is good for retargeting 1st time customers who may have only subscribed and not purchased, as well as returning customers.

Pros

Easy to use and integrate with other email softwares and Shopify.

Cons

Charging based on both the amount of subscribers and email sent. Typically charging by only subscribers is a more upfront cost and easier to budget.