Guesty

Guesty, where every host thrives.

Thomas R
Thomas R

Great PMS software

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Guesty is a great tool to manage your properties and all related tasks and administration that comes along with it. In special I would like to mention they have a great support department which will help you in any way possible.

In the two years I've worked with Guesty I've always had a dedicated point of contact who I could reach out to. In special I would like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for their support and dedication.

Pros

Guesty's structure is really decent and they are always looking for ways to make their product better. They have integrations with a lot of platforms and really make your life easier.

I've had many calls to talk about my daily practices and challenges and if needed they would help me setting up the settings. Along the go they released some great features to make our processes less time consuming and more efficient.

Cons

From time to time Guesty have had some bugs but they always kept me updated and tried to work on a solution as soon as possible. I think this is part of the process in a market that constantly changes.

Hostaway
Peter

Guesty Top Tier Software

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Guesty has been a one stop shop for us. It makes our teams experience much easier and listing on all platforms a breeze. We love that they are adding new features and always improving. Our team sucess rep Taylor, was great. Our team loved meeting with her on our calls and each meeting was so productive and a lot of fun. Top notch service!

Pros

Calendar ViewChannel IntegrationUnified Inbox

Cons

The one negative is being the payment processor for VRBO. We have to authorize security deposits and through Stripe can only be held for 7 days. If the booking is 7 days, youre out of luck and have to put a high security deposit for safety which leads to not a ton of bookings.

Hostfully Property Management Platform

Reasons for Choosing Guesty

Needed a better channel manager that was not based off the airbnb listing

Guesty For Hosts
robert

Worst Customer service

Reviewed on 2023/12/17

very bad! customer support does not exist. I would highly recommend using a different service provider

Pros

I liked that it connects with multiple channels

Cons

on boarding was short, not enough time spent with all the functions

Response from Guesty

Hi Robert,

We are sorry to hear about this experience. We would love to connect with you ASAP to help remedy this situation. We work hard to make sure all our users are taking full advantage of what we have to offer and are more than satisfied with our platform. Please provide us with your email and we will get in touch to resolve this matter.

Kelsilyn
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Brilliant Service

Reviewed on 2023/12/12

Guesty has been a truly fantastic short term management tool. As an organization that deals with over 50 properties, automating payment and check in instructions alone makes this platform well worth the cost. Our onboarding representative [sensitive content hidden] was brilliant during the onboarding process and the hand-off to our now current success manager [sensitive content hidden] has been flawless. We truly enjoy working with [sensitive content hidden] and feel she has truly had our best interests in mind as a business and as professionals. Truly an awesome experience with the entire Guesty team. This organization will do great things!

Pros

- Calendar Use
- Automated Check In Process / Door Lock Feature
- Task Systems
- Analytics & Reporting
-Owner Statements

Cons

- Channel Management (hard to know what to edit in Guesty vs. in Channel)
- User Management

Response from Guesty

Hi Kelsilyn, we are glad to have been able to make things easier for you. Have a great day!

Zachary

Truly the elite PMS

Reviewed on 2023/03/16

After dealing with two other PMS, and demoing a couple more I can confidently say it's the best out there and worth the price tag.

Pros

I appreciate the hands-on support and dedicated team that know us and our situation, there's never a need to repeat issues to random support members.

Cons

My only issue is some of the guest communications don't appear until a reservation is confirmed.

OwnerRez

Reasons for Choosing Guesty

I needed more functions like tasks and cleaning schedule integrated, as well guesty pay.

Hostaway and Uplisting

Reasons for Switching to Guesty

After reaching 20 properties and having multiple owners I need to report to, I needed the best that money could buy.
Scott

Guesty does the work of many

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

The customer service has been very responsive and helpful.

The customer service has been very responsive and helpful.

Pros

Guesty has allowed me to fully automated and manage my vacation rentals. I'm a 1 man show and it has allowed me to be able to send messages to my cleaners, outside vendors, and my guests without any work. I also love the integrations and the ability to manage my rentals better.

Cons

They are still growing so some of the software can be buggy. It can be difficult when you need something done asap

MyVR and Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing Guesty

I wasn't able to do automated messages and the software was having issues with syncing properly to other OTA's. This had big costs for me.

Rentals United

Reasons for Switching to Guesty

Pricing was right for the features it offered. And the website was one of the best designed
Emily

great product

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

We have significantly reduced our handling time on bookings and payments. Our previous booking system did not take auto payments, so this was a huge workload for us prior to going on Guesty. The setup and install process was really well handled and the system itself is very user friendly and easy to use.

Pros

The automatic payments, messaging and responses are all really great functions and work flawlessly. The ease of linking other booking sites and intergrating the booking setup into our own website was fantastic. The functionality and connectivity is extremely well done, and the features continue to improve.

Cons

If you take any manual bookings over the phone (like we do), the system isn't always as flexible as we would like. eg. You can't override any minimum stays setup in the listing when making a booking, even as the manager. So if you wanted to offer something you have to do a bit of extra work in the listings calendar or pricing tool before you are able to put the booking in.

RMS Cloud

July 2019

RMS Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Guesty

connectivity to multiple booking sites, ease of use
Caleb
Caleb
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lacking in features you would expect

Reviewed on 2023/01/06

Pros

Honestly not much. They have decent automations.

Cons

Where do I begin…You can’t run anywhere the full service from the app. Overall guesty is pretty bad. I came from guesty for hosts and that had way more functionality for way less of a price. I would avoid guesty at all costs, especially if you use VRBO. Their “integration” is very bad and any alteration, requires lots of manual work to fix guesty. Incorrectly calculates tax and channel commission with no way to edit other than submitting a support ticket smh.

Michael

Great software for Short Term Rental property Manager that is at Scale

Reviewed on 2022/11/30

overall experience is great

overall experience is great

Pros

I love the ease of use of the Guesty software. It is hands down the most user-friendly property management software i have used. It also has so many useful features that I didn't even know we needed.

Cons

The two downside are the high price and the lack of realtime phone support. However the email support is very quick at responding. Typically in a few minutes to a couple of hours and the price is well worth the money at scale.

OwnerRez

Reasons for Choosing Guesty

Guesty offered more features and it was more user-friendly for my team.

Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Guesty

ease of use, better integration with other software, and more integration with other software
Natasha

The Best PMS Software in the vacation rental insdustry

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our account manger. She is super responsive and available to help us troubleshoot integration issues with other platforms. She has helped us tremendously! We are a small but fast growing business and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Guesty helps us continue to learn all the new Guesty features to help us better manage our business. She is super sweet, personal, and very detailed. We love Guesty!

Pros

The unified message inbox and app capabilities to manage our listings on the go.

Cons

Looking forward to more visual training materials & courses.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Does not work with VRBO integrations - oversold, under delivered software.

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

The sales agent was a sham. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], their sales agent was knowledgeable but oversold what this software can do with VRBO and existing reservation. Do not believe their software works as well as they describe.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the integration specialist was fantastic. But after integration, the rest of the support team could use some work. They don’t know how to solve problems, rather they just pass the issue back on to your other booking channels.

I believe, Guesty is over-priced and immature for integration purposes. It might work if you only use AirBnB, but if that were the case, you don’t need a channel manager software. It might work if you are starting from scratch with multiple channels, but if you are integrating with already existing reservation run, run run away from Guesty.

Pros

The integration with AirBnB is near seamless. But any other channel, be warned, Guesty’s integration software is suspect at best and will likely force several of your pre-paid reservations to to suddenly disappear.

It does sync cross-channel calendars, BUT you have to watch as in our case, reservation just start disappearing.

Cons

Once onboarded you are left to the whims of their support team. One support agent will blame VRBO while VRBO blames Guesty, but in the end, you, the property manager/owner will be the one who gets screwed out of thousands of dollars of reservations that just suddenly disappear. And for our case, the $780.00/month is not worth it.

Rezdy

Reasons for Choosing Guesty

Res Nexus does not do real-time calendar updates, nor does their software actually sync with any channels. They are as bad at writing software as Guesty.

ResNexus

Reasons for Switching to Guesty

We believed the sales agent. Fools be us.

Response from Guesty

Hi Jonathan,

We are genuinely saddened to hear of your experience with us. We would love to connect with you ASAP to assist in tackling each of your issues one by one.

Kindest Regards,
The Guesty Customer Success Team

Julia
  • Industry: Hospitality

Oversold and very disappointed with customer support

Reviewed on 2021/08/25

My experience with Guesty is not worth it. Not worth the additional time and effort to fix all their stuff ups. Not worth the money it costs for the onboarding. Not worth the money you will loose in the end from technical issues. Not worth the stress and frustration of not getting any customer service. JUST NOT WORTH IT AT ALL REALLY!!!
Oh and before you send me a response to this review Guesty - I have had a number of conversations with your management team and still get nowhere. You say you want to tackle each issue but never really get to the bottom of them. You start with the initial contact or message but then nothing. I don't see why this time would be any different. I'm saddened to have to write this review but unfortunately I don't feel heard even after a year with you!!

Pros

The fact that you can see the guests contact details if they type them into an inquiry.

Cons

Once onboarded you were left to your own devises which was very frustrating. At the onboarding they show you what they want to show you, not necessary what you need to know for YOUR business therefore they just don't listen to your needs. You can't call anyone if you encounter issues, the support team blame the other platforms for the problem and says you need to call the platform. They message you back within 24 hours but haven't really looked at your question. You are then palmed off to someone else in the support team and you have to explain yourself again and again. They over charged on a number of bookings and it is still ongoing to try and get the money back. There are so many technical issues/faults with nightly rates and bookings. When you message them they don't give straight answers, and you are then left to clean up the mess ie double bookings, incorrect rates showing. They wipe their hands of the problems and you are left thousands of dollars out of pocket... I could go on for days!!!

Veronique
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very good product, very good service, unfortunately very expensive

Reviewed on 2022/03/31

Good, robust software. Very good service. Account Management ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) is available and helpful. Support is always available, we love the Live Chat feature for quick, easy-to-fix questions.

Pros

Unified Inbox, Good Guest Communication Feature, Ability to have Multi-language Automated Messages, Direct Integration with major Channels, Good API, very happy to have a bi-weekly meeting with our Account Manager ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) who is always responsive and helpful when we have questions or need help.

Cons

Very expensive, unfortunately, it is Guesty's biggest downside.

Hostaway, BookingSync, MyVR and Streamline

Yordan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best software we have seen

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Excellent customer support. Never seen anything like it before.
Very easy to use. Our key account...

Excellent customer support. Never seen anything like it before.
Very easy to use. Our key account manager is providing us each type of information we need for our growth and future plans. Especially helpful trough the COVID-19 outbreak.

Pros

It is really user friendly. With great reporting capabilities.
24/7 chat service with agents.

Cons

Expedia/Hotels.com and Google direct integration is really needed. They are working on this now so we are really excited about it.

Smoobu

Reasons for Switching to Guesty

They had better pricing and also in time they prove to be super adaptive to our needs. We are working in area with clear seasonal activity so this is extremely important for us.
Alexander

Great PMS with lots a features

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

It's a great property management software with lots of features, price is on a commission per booking and it's low compared to other companies.

Pros

Lots of features
Very easy to use software
Initial support to configure very helpfull
API
Easy channel manager
Booking Engine

Cons

Lack on integrated website customization, very limited features.
Can not send invoices or do split payments
No phone support

Matt

Guesty is enabling the next phase of growth for our short-term rental business!

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Bottom line is this - Guesty is the best capitalized company in this space (just raised an additional $35 million to continue scaling their offering) and in my opinion (I advise a number of startups, so I have a good read on this) they are putting this capital to great use through 1) Pushing feature updates rapidly; 2) Spending money on customer service and customer success; and 3) Developing class-leading relationships with all of the major booking platforms to ensure ever-better integrations.

Pros

-Onboarding process was phenomenal and the support did not drop off post-setup like many other software providers I've worked with.
-The customer success team have gone beyond just ensuring we're getting the most functionality of Guesty to collaboratively developing Tesseract Rentals scaling strategy for 2019 and 2020 and how we can best use current features, develop streamlined work arounds where needed, and plan for future Guesty features so we don't have to spend time and energy developing our own long-term solutions for something that will shortly be implemented by their team.
-Responsive to questions and feature requests: We're a remote team and work extensively within the Guesty app to manage day-to-day operations. When I first tested the software, a mobile calendar feature wasn't available, but the sales associate assured me it was being released shortly. Support team then picked up immediately after implementation to keep up to date on the release timing (it was indeed launched shortly after we went live). I've had several feature requests that have been incorporated into app updates (they release very frequently!).
-I love how robust the marketplace of approved third-party software providers is at this point (and it's growing rapidly!).
-The Airbnb direct integration is better than any other PMS out there, by far (I've used several others, and forfeitted $5K+ in implementation fees to switch over to Guesty due to this alone).

Cons

All initial bugs that I identified during my process of selecting Guesty have been worked out. We're now in the phase of every feature added on their end being a truly additive and scaling-enable feature. This is the best PMS for short-term rental businesses out there!

Jean Michel
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great software, amazing market manager

Reviewed on 2021/04/11

Happy with the software.

Happy with the software.

Pros

I've been working with Guesy for a while now. I saw the improvement from the beginning as the little things that used to bug me before are now improved such support. Now it's fast, easy to communicate, and they will follow up on a case. Very professional and friendly support team. The market manager assigned to my account, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is probably the most passionate person I've met in a long time. He knows what he's talking about, loves Guesty, loves the industry. He's not just trying to sell us something or do a 9 to 5 job, he really cares about how Guesty can improves our day to day job and makes everyones happy. If he don't have the answer or don't think something is possible, he will get back with another option.

Jean-Michel

Cons

Revenue management needs improvement. I'm not using it because don't do what a regular software would do.

Mews

Multi property

Response from Guesty

Hi Jean-Michael,

Firstly, we are so thrilled that your experience with our platform and team has been so positive.

We are happy to be partnering with Go Florida Condo and are looking forward to a long relationship.

Have a lovely week!
The Guesty Customer Success Team

Joanne
  • Industry: Hospitality

We operate efficiently because of Guesty!

Reviewed on 2022/10/24

Pros

- We use Guesty every single day and would not be able to run our business efficiently without it. - We had a lot of issues using Guesty initially but things improved significantly after we were assigned to a dedicated account manager, Sarah. She is helpful, responsive, and helps push things along. She organizes a quarterly business review where she presents a lot of helpful info specific to our business. - We use the inbox management function the most. Having multiple team members respond at the same time and seeing who typed what has improved our accountability and team efficiency. - The ability to publish listings to multiple platforms at once is a huge time saver. - Customer service team has improved tremendously. This used to be a big pain point (i.e. not receiving timely responses with responses that did not make sense) but the support team has gotten a big revamp and we have no more complaints.

Cons

- Quite a lot of bugs. You have to refresh constantly. Sometimes the wrong listing will show on the reservation and once you refresh, it shows up correctly. Sometimes the system pushes listing updates immediately, sometimes not. - Onboarding was terrible. Our onboarding specialist only wanted to follow a fixed script and when we had additional questions, she would have to submit a ticket. However, that was 1.5 years ago so hopefully, that has improved now. - Guesty has quite frequent new releases. However many of their new releases come with undisclosed caveats. We were excited by their announcements but then realized it doesn't work as it should. - Guesty is very expensive and much more expensive than their competitors.

Leyla
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best PMS on the market with an amazing support team

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

We switched over from another PMS about a year and a half ago, and couldn't be happier with the changes. Guesty has improved our companies organization, productivity and communication greatly. They have allowed us to implement new business strategies which we never before considered possible. We have now largely been able to streamline almost everything business related to this one platform - with the ever-expanding marketplace, we imagine we will be elusively on Guesty in the very near future. In addition to the amazing features that Guesty offers, their customer support is the next level. Not only is the support team available 24/7, but the case managers are also fantastic. Our case manager has been absolutely instrumental in the growth of our business. He has brought a lot of innovative ideas and advice to us. Above all, we appreciate his collaboration with assistance with reviewing many of our projects that are not necessarily related to Guesty itself. He has really gotten on board with our image and helps motivate us to continue striving for bigger and better things. We really enjoyed working with him and the Guest team :]

Cons

We wish that we had a little more autonomy with some of the programming aspects for automation. That said, the support team and our case manager are always more than willing to help implement everything we ask them to.

Karen
  • Industry: Hospitality

Guesty has streamlined my operations and helped me to keep on top of my daily rental activities

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

I found it had a pretty big learning curve.The initial training helped get me started but I felt rushed through it and really needed a second training once we got all the data in. I am still finding little areas that I didn't know existed. Their customer service is great. Most questions answered within 24 hours. Sometimes scantly and you have to ask more questions but for the most part they are quick to respond and assist. The software is missing a few features I'd like to see and the integration with VRBO is lacking in capabilities. I am learning ways around it but it is because VRBO limits what Guesty can do and doesn't provide a way to do it in VRBO such as charge for damages through the damage deposit held by VRBO for example.

Pros

That it provides a dashboard that allows me to manage my properties across most of my channels that I advertise on. It's not their fault I cannot bring on Tripadvisor, it is Tripadvisor that prevents it. But with Airbnb, Booking.com and VRBO all merging so that I don't have to maintain my listings and communications on all those different sites is a God send!

Cons

It is missing some features I really need to use, BUT they are very receptive to suggestions and they have implemented many of my requests very quickly!
Training was rushed and non-existent once you get your data put in. You can get little blurbs of help through their amazing customer support but it would be good to lose an hour or two on the initial training to allow for a second training after getting all data loaded and the user has time to assess what else they need to know.

Alice

Longstanding Relationship with Guesty

Reviewed on 2022/11/04

Guesty is a one-stop shop helping us stay on top of the complexities of running a vacation rental management business.

Pros

There are so many PMS platforms to choose from, and we have stuck with Guesty over the past four years. Over the years, we have seen the platform evolve as it responds to the rapidly changing vacation rental market. Throughout, we have seen a thoughtful and customer-driven approach. The technology is extremely user-friendly, making navigating easy for our team members in the field. At the same time, it is robust enough to pull complex reports when we need them.Most of all, we cannot say enough about the PEOPLE who work at Guesty. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our Customer Success Manager leaves no stone unturned to resolve any issues, no matter how complex. She is also our go-to source on industry trends and new developments to look out for. We couldn't be happier.Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cons

Guesty is not the cheapest platform. However, we are well aware that you get what you pay for!

Freedom

Great product, great team

Reviewed on 2022/12/16

Overall, very happy. Our rep, Sarah S has really improved our opinion as she has been quick to jump in and help where needed and that has made us feel like we always have someone to reply on if anything goes wrong or extra support is needed. Most of our experiences with the various levels of tier support or positive as well. Occasionally we feel like we're repeating ourselves but that seems to just be the nature of support everywhere these days.

Pros

The fact that it makes everything so much easier to manage. Being able to automate has saved us so much time and effort.

Cons

I would like to see a little better syncing between Guesty and some of the channels. When the channels roll out new features, those are not always something made available on Guesty. An example of this would be noting the addition of pets and built in pet fees that match with the channel.

Alexandra

Best Tool for Fast Growing Property Managers

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

Guest communication for multiple properties costs a lot of time. Guesty found very efficient and innovative ways in solving this problem and we are very satisfied with this service.

Guesty helps us save a lot of time and money - we can manage multiple listings/properties on multiple rental platforms. Without this solution we would have not been able to grow as we did.

Pros

Crucial for our decision was the guest communication service and the fact that the software just works! Previously to Guesty we have worked with a low-cost property management tool which was ok for the first business years. As soon as the number of properties grew - at some point very fast - and the landlord`s and guest´s demands grew, we started searching for a more competitive tool. Especially in terms of fast and reliable connectivity with the rental platforms, the imported features, analytics and pricing tools Guesty offers solid solutions. In terms of outsourcing guest communication it is the best solution we have found until now.

Cons

It gets some time until you understand all features, but the Guesty support is really helpful.

Julian
Julian

Vital for growth

Reviewed on 2022/02/10

Imagine having to scale a business from 20 units to 300 units in a matter for weeks while keeping your core team and costs at the same level.
This is what Guesty did for me. A tech platform that makes scaling possible by giving you an complete overview of everything going on in the business. From listing options to accounting solutions in one tool.
My favorite part is the assistance you get from the support team, not hours but minutes, fixing and improving the system while I focus on what I do best : my client relationships.
The real deal for me is the dedicated account managers, a real personal super hero, not only the go above and beyond to assist you and advice you on all levels on the platform, they also support your growth on a full time bases.
I can only encourage people to use the platform and I say Guesty to the moon !🚀

Pros

Incredible on boarding by the team
Excellent automations
Good connection with API
Very complete PMS

Cons

A bit pricey for someone who uses many Saas, however the investment is quickly recovered.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lots of pitfalls and lacking support. Unfinished product.

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

My overall experience has been negative. The product seemed great in demo but was very lacking in reality. It is not worth the onboarding fee, as you will likely spend a large amount of time trying to resolve issues that are created by the software. Support is very hard to get a hold of.

Pros

The UI looks good and there are a lot of integration options.

Cons

Simple features, like security deposits, function in some channels and not in others leading to a lot of issues. Problems can take months to resolve. Average response time from support can take days. Users will like need the 3rd party integrations just to solve issues that arise out of use of this software. There are no notifications of system outrages, which can be a huge issue when communicating with guests.

Hostaway, Lodgify and Kigo