Showing 106 reviews of 77

Sortly Pro

Simplest inventory management & asset tracking software

Showing 106 reviews of 77
James K.
  • Industry: Farming

An excellent and simple app to manage inventory.

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software. Its created efficiency within my business and has saved me a lot of money on part runs for items that we already had in inventory. I would highly recommend this software.

Pros

What I like most about the app is how simple it is to use and categorize product. As a small business owner, I was having a tough time trying to find an inventory program that fit out business needs. Once I found Sortly Pro, it streamlined our business and created efficiencies company wide.

Cons

The only negative I have experienced is with the lack of instant notifications. I wish it notified the administrator or owner when specific items are pulled from inventory. A suggestion would be to include this as an option when entering inventory into the system.

Ali J.
  • Industry: Design

Great platform, but still needs work

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

I am a home stager and after trying several other inventory platforms, Sortly Pro was my favorite. I am frustrated with some basic features that it lacks, but overall, it does what I need.

Pros

I love that it is simple, user-friendly, and very ascetically easy to use.

Cons

There have been several simple updates that I have requested to customer service. I think for a program specifically designed to track inventory, specifically inventory that moves from location to location or customer to customer, then all inventory should have a 'home' or 'original destination' file so that when it is done at a location or customer then you simply click 'home' and them item goes back to it's original file. For example, I have upwards of 20-30 items that go to a client at one time. When they get returned to my inventory, I have to manually send them back to their original folder one by one. Yes, I can do bulk move, but I have nearly 100 'original destination' folders because all my inventory is categorized in folders. So I have to move the sofas to the 'sofas' folder and the lamps to the 'lamps' folder etc. I would like to be able to 'bulk select' and 'move to home folder'. Also, the option to drag items from one folder to the menu on the left would also help expedite daily actions.

Maria M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Has lots of potential, but is lacking a bit of common sense

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

It has been a process. I would love to be able to do a full switch of our inventory into the system however, it is difficult as there can be lots of mistakes that can happen that are difficult to track meaning that it is nearly impossible to reconcile properly.

Pros

When I was looking at the program prior to committing, the advertising and sell guide was impressive.

Cons

It is not easy to use. I find it frustrating often and it is difficult to find support. There are times when I need support right away and I have to "schedule" a meeting.

Dallas C.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Sortly Pro has been a great tool in transitioning from the old spreadsheet into the 21st...

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

The ability to track inventory on the go, efficiently.

Pros

The ability to create custom fields and specify the metadata for said field. Quick to add/move/remove/edit items with quick actions. The tagging system is an efficient way to group products. You can easily track quantities and move and adjust as needed on the fly with simply an app on your phone. You get the intricacy of a spreadsheet with the user interface of an app. If you can add/edit/remove items on a social media profile, then you are savvy enough to create a basic inventory system in this platform.

Cons

With any startup, you're going to have growing pains. They are still perfecting the system. The silver lining is in their response to customer feedback. I don't know if I would call this a con, but
there is definitely something of a learning curve. For instance, to create a detailed, intricate inventory system, properly, is going to take some trial and error. There are features and ways to manipulate the app that aren't necessarily apparent. For instance, understanding it's best to keep 'Folders' to a minimum and instead use the tagging system to identify and classify items. We have our own struggles with managing inventory, but once you get a baseline established, in a normal inventory environment, maintenance shouldn't be too labor intensive.

Matt G.

Very Useful

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Sortly Pro is easy to use and the price is acceptable.

Pros

This product is great. We use it to track our tools and easily catalogue everything that comes in and out of our storage.

Cons

Product has only a small learning curve, once you use it a few times its very very simple. No notable "cons".

Jason R.
  • Industry: Research

Sortly in the Laboratory Environment

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

This was exactly the application that I needed when I started our Laboratory inventory system. It is easy for my staff to look up if we have any chemicals on site, and the ability to add custom fields and tags allows us to keep a list of all of our Hazardous materials and link the SDS(new MSDS) forms to the chemicals, as OSHA and other agencies require.

Pros

To be honest, it is 'dumb' software. It has a very basic structure that allowed us to fill in and sort things as we needed to without fighting against any templates or pre-designed structure that got in our way.
It is super easy to integrate the iOS/Android app as a barcode scanner, something that other inventory management software charges *thousands* of dollars for, as well as expensive hardware to use. Most of your employees already have cell phones, or can be issued ones for work easily.

Cons

It is not quite as intuitive of an interface as the design would lead you to expect. A few good video/YouTube tutorials would be helpful.
The team is still developing features as clients give them input, so things can change quickly. App does not always push to update versions and old versions can be out of synch with the database.
Uses Avery labels when I would prefer a zebra printer for printing labels.

• Industry: Design

Great for small business inventory

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

We have an enormous amount of holiday inventory that we needed to keep track of with pictures. We use Sortly to help us keep track of what we use each season, which assists us greatly in purchasing of new product for the following season. It also helped immensely to track what items we had sold out of, so we were never in an oversold situation with our customers.

Pros

Having both the desktop and mobile versions was great. Easy to use, very intuitive and self-explanatory. Allows you to make it as complex or as simple as you need it to be.

Cons

Some small glitches, but those were easily fixed with updates.

Gregory C.

very easy and intuitive at the same time.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

this software is easy and quick when dealing with inventory. I like how everything is set up and ease of finding my folders and subfolders. I also like how you can use the excel import to also add the items.

Cons

wat I lease like is if I use a desk top/laptop, adjusting inventory is a little bit different than if I were to use my smart phone. using a laptop I can not adjust the qty of items I want to move it moves all of them; compared to the smart phone it gives me the opportunity to enter my amount that I want to move. also I wish there was a way to adjust the inventory with the excel import. it makes it a lot easier when dealing with large amounts inventory. I wish the excel import would allow to merge the items together instead of making a whole new item. it would be nice if the excel import could also minus the inventory.

Natasha M.

Excellent resource for small business!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

As a small non-profit business, our inventory changes rapidly and comes from a large variety of vendors. Having the ability to add a vendor name helps us to find items and know where we can reorder more from.

Pros

I love having the ability to scan a bar code and get the information about a product, then add that info into our data at the click of a button. Also having the ability to scan a code or search a word to find items in the data base, which prevents dual entry.

Cons

Just wish there were more items that had all the data already in the system. I assume this will increase with time. Our inventory changes rapidly so having to add all the data for a vast majority of items is quite time consuming.

• Industry: Events Services

Great system that has really helped our business

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

We have a wide inventory with multiple uses. Sortly has helped us consolidate information in one convenient location and given us the opportunity to see all aspects of our inventory under one 'roof.' The check-in/check-out process is quick and easy for anyone on our team and even though we don't use some of the tools that it offers, as our business grows it is nice to know that we have a system that can accommodate our diverse needs.

Pros

The software is user friendly, offers a lot of practical functions, and offers the exact needs for our business. Using it has kept us more organized, more efficient, and has saved us time and money.

Cons

The one feature that I would like to see added is the ability to move items in bulk based on a custom number, not the entire inventory.

Sam G.

After 20+ years of using an outdated inventory system it was a relief to find the Sortly App.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

Everything is set up and easy to use, the interface is straight forward and I was able to get straight to work within minutes. If you have a small business and are ready to get out of old ways of inventory I highly suggest Sortly.

Cons

The hashtag search feature can be a hold up sometimes when doing so many numbers with same tag. I wish there was a way to add a hashtag across an entire album instead of inputting the menu with every number. Also I noticed as inventory builds I have to refresh screen more often as some numbers would become unavailable unless I refresh the screen..

Austin H.

Great for keeping stock of our warehouse

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

simple to use and a great UX we had everything set up in a day for an entire warehouse.

Cons

not an easy way to deduct items from the total count without recounting and just changing the number

Meredith M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

Pros

As a speech therapist, I love that I can tag each item with a skill or concept. This is incredibly useful for when I am planning for my next session. I simply type in the skill/concept I want to target in the search tool and all the activities, toys, and games that are tagged with that skill pop up. Very easy and quick for planning.

Cons

Perhaps if there was a way to have the most tags or the most recent tags pop up when you are adding a new item would eliminate the time it takes to add new tags.

Jason G.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Standalone System for Internal Inventory

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

We are using this product to track and organize a couple hundred different consumable items. This helps us to maintain a minimum inventory, and be alerted when items run low. Our usages is very dependent on the current workload and project requirements, so some parts may sit for a while, but then get used up quickly on short notice.

Pros

Cost is very affordable compared to other products available. Flexibility to be smartphone and cloud based makes it accessible. Easy to setup and maintain.

Cons

Not easy to download/change/upload entire database.

Deven P.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A great product

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Pros

- ease of uploading pictures and adding instant tags for future reference
- Being able to create instant presentations to forward to clients. Great for speeding up sales process

Cons

- the software is missing an option for filtering items through multiple tags. Right now, we can select a single tag for filtering. More needs to be done on this front.

Luis marcelo M.

Good suprise

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

At first Sortly Pro was an affordable easy-to-use collaborative tool that a team of 3 with no previous experience could use for a while. But it turned out to better than I expected. And months later I am still using it.

Cons

It's not fast, I have to say. Loading can take a lot of time.

Alex L.

It does the job, still need to fine tune some features but not bad.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

I like that there is a web and mobile app version of it. It's great to be able to take a photo of the item and then add it to the site.

Cons

i wish the photos can be rotated and moved around in the interface. The Add Items and add folders are not as intuitive as i like. sometimes they get mixed up when clicking

Xavier C.

Sortly Pro - Mobile Rehab

Reviewed on 2019/01/20

We have completely overhauled and streamlined our inventory/asset management processes with Sortly.. we have no complaints and will continue to utilize Sortly Pro going forward

Pros

Ease of use, simple functionality, strong and versatile capabilities

Cons

Tracking history/review of movement among folders

Alex G.

Overall great. Wish there was a better way of entering inventory faster.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

Love the UX and the feature set. Also love the mobile app. Overall a great product that is easy to use across a team.

Cons

Wish it had more integrations. For example, an integration with UPS or Fedex to automatically enter packages that arrive.

IT Inventory's Best Friend

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Love Sortly!!

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility. Love the app!

Cons

There's not anything I don't like. Sortly is a great product!

Jonathan S.

clean experience

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

I liked the seamless integration between web app and mobile app. pictures help coordinate things, and custom fields let me handle the specifics of our inventory without any hassle.

Cons

The mobile app glitched out on me once, but it was fixed with a quick reinstall. There was also a learning curve with making qr labels, but I figured it out, and that was more on my printer than anything.