Sortly

Simplest inventory management & asset tracking software

Luke
Luke
  • Industry: Sports
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Absolutely a must

Reviewed on 2023/06/26

Pros

Sortly was very clearly made by people who actually use their product, unlike other software

Cons

I can’t think of anything besides taking a step to help me organize my own inventory.

Response from Sortly

Hey Luke,

We are so happy you find Sortly easy to use and thank you for the glowing review!

If you need any assistance with organizing your inventory, please let us know at [email protected].

Jacob

Great Product

Reviewed on 2024/02/08

Overall is this a great product and I would recommend it.

Overall is this a great product and I would recommend it.

Pros

Easy to set up. The history function is super useful for tracking down human error. Super easy and intuitive to use. Bulk adjust option was very helpful when we needed it.

Cons

The PDF reports would be better with better cost information and cost summaries. Would be super cool if it integrated with Sage 100. Seems like the left side buttons and options could be organized and labeled slightly more intuitively.

David
  • Industry: Food Production

MPSC Australia

Reviewed on 2024/02/06

Good value for the cost. Mobile works great

Good value for the cost. Mobile works great

Pros

Ease of use, good interface. Seems to be trying to improve for better individual usages

Cons

Slowness to adapt to like products on the market, no max limit, not able to change unit/ measurement. Mobile app wont find Sortly ID code

NICK
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Good Solution for a Diverse Industry

Reviewed on 2024/01/30

Overall a positive experience and we continue to utilize new features weekly.

Overall a positive experience and we continue to utilize new features weekly.

Pros

The ease of entering our products into Sortly was a big plus. We also link our vendors to the products so any users can quickly replace stock.

Cons

We would love the ability to change units on products already entered into the system. When changing how we record usage from feet to inches or feet to yards, would be a big benefit to flexibility to the user.

Fishbowl

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

The free trial got us a good experience using the interface. We preferred it over others.

Response from Sortly

Hi Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to review Sortly! We're happy to hear you're finding it useful.

We understand your frustration with the absence of that feature in Sortly. Rest assured, your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and we'll relay your request to our Product team for consideration. If you have any further suggestions or feature requests, please do not hesitate to let us know through our submission platform at http://tinyurl.com/2p99r3bt.

Pauly
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 2024/02/05

fantastic in every aspect of the manner in which I use it

fantastic in every aspect of the manner in which I use it

Pros

It's ease of use. the more you use it the better it gets

Cons

creating and updating upc codes is not simple

Service Fusion

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

it was much easier and though cost more it was more effective
Jalani

Easy and affordable

Reviewed on 2024/02/05

Our team loves it. It's easy to work with and access the information we need.

Our team loves it. It's easy to work with and access the information we need.

Pros

How it's not complicated to structure your inventory and get reports.

Cons

Needs to be able to filter newly added items

Jose
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Good for starters

Reviewed on 2024/02/15

It was awesome it also made it easier for my store to switch to a POS provider with ease and fast. It’s an awesome app for people that are just barely starting out.

Pros

We liked everything from being able to keep track of inventory and ones you find the right POS provider you can just import all your items with the barcodes and have it fully set up in just 2 minutes!

Cons

You need to pay more on top for you to have a scanner

Stax

Reasons for Choosing Sortly

So I can scan my items and have it on my POS for 75 bucks and its faster

SpotOn

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

It’s was the best to use and the folders and being able to save things really made it worth it to have it temporarily
Andru
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Sortly at Sea - Event.Cruises

Reviewed on 2024/02/08

It has been pretty good with Sortly, it helped speed up how we catalogue inventory for loading and placing back where it should go.

Pros

Sortly lets us have a mobile option for adding or replacing items into our load outs for events at sea. We have to have a pretty well managed inventory of items due to US Customs and cruise ship requirements for loading and unloading. Sortly made this easier.

Cons

The thing I liked least about sortly was the cost and the limit per seat for that cost. Some of the barcode scanning as well can be hit or miss but I think that is understandable considering the amount of barcodes.

Nate

Shortly Helps Roof Service Company Manage Their Material Inventory & Track Equipment Assets

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Our experience with Sortly has been great. Knowing what we have on hand and what needs to be ordered, allows us to make orders to prevent lost time running to suppliers.

Pros

Sortly is an economical solution to meet our inventory tracking and management needs.

Cons

If I have to pick something that I like least about Sortyly, it would be the setup. It is necessary, but does take a lot of time.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

The pricing was fair and Sortly met or exceeded all of our requirements.
Ali
Ali
  • Industry: Design

Great platform, but still needs work

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

I am a home stager and after trying several other inventory platforms, Sortly Pro was my favorite. I am frustrated with some basic features that it lacks, but overall, it does what I need.

Pros

I love that it is simple, user-friendly, and very ascetically easy to use.

Cons

There have been several simple updates that I have requested to customer service. I think for a program specifically designed to track inventory, specifically inventory that moves from location to location or customer to customer, then all inventory should have a 'home' or 'original destination' file so that when it is done at a location or customer then you simply click 'home' and them item goes back to it's original file. For example, I have upwards of 20-30 items that go to a client at one time. When they get returned to my inventory, I have to manually send them back to their original folder one by one. Yes, I can do bulk move, but I have nearly 100 'original destination' folders because all my inventory is categorized in folders. So I have to move the sofas to the 'sofas' folder and the lamps to the 'lamps' folder etc. I would like to be able to 'bulk select' and 'move to home folder'. Also, the option to drag items from one folder to the menu on the left would also help expedite daily actions.

Ty
  • Industry: Warehousing

Helpful inventory management app that could use some "tweaks"

Reviewed on 2023/07/02

Pros

Sortly has made it extremely easy for me to track and order my inventory. I also appreciate the fact that their support team puts up with my many questions and responds in a timely manner. Very glad I started using Sortly!

Cons

The only gripe I really have with Sortly is the lack of integration with UPC scanning and desktop versions. "quick actions" are only reachable through the mobile version which is our main way we send, move, sell and receive items. Having a bluetooth scanner hooked up VIA wired (not bluetooth) would be a great addition to this application ( i feel i have most issues due to a bluetooth connection/ bluetooth scanner..my remedy would be using a usb cord from my POS UPC scanner which works much better but since these features are only available on the mobile version, there is no place for me to plug the usb in and the app just does not accept it wired). Other than that, sortly has been great.

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

The UPC scanning for mobile devices was the original reason I wanted to try Sortly.

Response from Sortly

Hi Ty,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. We're happy to hear that Sortly is helping you stay organized and that our support team is exceeding your expectations!

I'll pass your feedback about USB handheld scanners along to our Product team.

Tina

Toolroom Manager

Reviewed on 2024/01/30

Overall I'm very happy with sortly. Love having everything in one program, from tools & equipment to material and consumable goods.

Pros

Inventory tracking and Equipment/ tool tracking.

Cons

Small Glitches. Sometimes items disappear and I have to retrieve them from the trash or make a new entrée.

Response from Sortly

Hi Tina,

We appreciate your review! Your satisfaction with Sortly is our priority. Thank you!

If you'd like, you can reach out to us at [email protected] so we can discuss any technical issues you may be experiencing.

Denise
  • Industry: Events Services

Unhappy

Reviewed on 2023/06/26

The overall experience for me ended very badly because I paid out a lot of money on employees, putting the inventory into the system with the hopes that my entire inventory would fit into your system. We’ve reached out to you several times to find out if we were doing it properly if that’s the problem of why we can’t put our whole inventory into the paid amount.

Pros

The pros to this says I love how easy it is to use. But that’s the only thing I like about it.

Cons

I’m just a small balloon company with only a couple people working for me and your product is not have the ability to hold my full inventory even at a high price. It was a total waste of money, and all the hours I paid my employee to scan in the inventory to the point that it was full, which was not all of my inventory plus paying for the membership and it was a total loss of money. Totally overpriced, and totally not functionable.

Response from Sortly

Hi Denise,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Sortly and provide your feedback.

We are sorry that your experience wasn't positive and would like to take the time to make this right for you. Please email [email protected] and we can assist further.

Nathaniel

Finally We organize our warehouse

Reviewed on 2024/01/31

It has been very good so far, easy to setup, and great support

It has been very good so far, easy to setup, and great support

Pros

Ease of use for our employees, especially field workers interacting with accounting.

Cons

we had to use a workaround to achieve what we were really trying to do,, but it works, and works great

Response from Sortly

Hi Nathaniel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

We would love to assist further with your concern about using a workaround. Please reach out to us at [email protected]!

Dayna
  • Industry: Design

BEWARE, Annual Subscription Increases by 250%

Reviewed on 2023/11/30

Overall our experience has been good until the email we received 11 days prior to our subscription renewal. Sortly did not INITIALLY cost us as much as the other inventory solutions on the market so we overlooked a lot of the downfalls and lack of features. However, I wish we knew the rate had the potential to increase to $2,700 a year for a plan with 3,098 units.

I would recommend saving yourself the trouble and invest your time and money with a company that will grow with you and not increase your subscription at their own discretion.

Pros

Initial annual plan pricing.

However, 11 days before our annual renewal we received this message, "Sortly plans are being reconfigured based on your number of entries and usage patterns. On your renewal date, your account will be adjusted to the Sortly Enterprise plan, billed at $2,760 USD per year..." from $1,080 we paid for our first year.

We have 3,098 numbers of entries and the plan we have allows for 10,000 numbers of entires. We will not be receiving feature upgrades and after requesting further explanation for the significant rate increase we were told, "We are in the process of reconfiguring our plans." There is no way we could have known we would not qualify for our current plan.

If you are a home staging business Stageforce and StrangeDNA have comparable pricing and many more features in Sorty.

Cons

CAUTION the annual renewal rate is not as advertised!! After one year of use, we received an email stating that our price would increase to $2,750 for the next renewal (we initially paid $1,080 for the first year) for the exact same plan we have now.

The "Ultra Plan" with 10,000 units is currently being advertised as $708 per year. Be careful investing your time and money into this software. Once you have configured your business or needs around this company they could increase your subscription by 250% like they have with us.

Response from Sortly

Hi Dayna,

Thank you for taking the time to submit the review, and I apologize for any billing confusion.

We would be more than happy to discuss this further with you to come to a positive resolution.

Could you please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can look into this?

Mark
  • Industry: Hospitality

Sortly for Hotel Inventory Management

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

We are not using all the features of Sortly by any means but has proven the perfect solution for what we need which is managing and controlling our inventory and ensuring we always have the stock we need on hand. I do think that the Advanced plan should have more than two users included.

Pros

We use Sortly to control our stock of amenities and supplies for rooms and it is a simple and straightforward tool for that purpose. It was easy to set up our inventory and the minimum level fields and tags make reordering straightforward and the price makes tracking the value of inventory very easy. Being able to upload a number of photos eliminates confusion over which item is which.

Cons

Only 2 users on the Advanced plan is not very generous compared to competitors. 5 would seem to be a fairer deal

Response from Sortly

Hi Mark,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review Sortly! It's fantastic to know that our app has helped you maintain efficiency and organization.

I'll pass your feedback about plans and pricing to our Leadership team. You are able to add additional users to your Advanced plan. If you would like to do so, please reach out to us at [email protected]!

Laura

Sortly has helped operationalize our organization

Reviewed on 2024/01/30

Pros

Sortly has helped our team track and manage assets. We initially started using the tool to better track and manage our hardware assets across all of our offices, however we've expanded to also tracking software applications and licenses. This has been an incredibly helpful tool to manage involuntary separations and have a one-stop-shop to know what our team members have and what hardware is available to us in each of our offices. This has resulted in cost savings because it's preventing unnecessary spend on assets we already have in our pocession.

Cons

N/A

The only thing that comes to mind is better reporting or customization for assets that are beyond technology.

Response from Sortly

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're thrilled to hear you're finding Sortly useful and that our Customer Support team is helping you along the way.

Your feedback is crucial in helping us enhance Sortly's capabilities. If you'd like to provide some more information about the reporting options you would like to see, please do not hesitate to let us know through our submission platform at http://tinyurl.com/2p99r3bt or by emailing [email protected]

Nico
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great product

Reviewed on 2023/06/30

Pros

Easy backoffice with easy and fast implementation. No more missing parts thanks to alarm levels for low qty with an automatic mail.

Cons

For a basic field user, the increase/decrease of parts is too far hidden. A start screen with just 2 buttons to add or remove parts and a next screen with a scan and qty field could be useful.

Response from Sortly

Hi Nico,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things.

I'll pass your feedback about the UI along to our Product team.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Scott
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Product - Would be Perfect With a Few Additions.

Reviewed on 2023/06/27

An invaluable tool, that saves us money by eliminating guess work when purchasing and ensuring cash is in the bank and not needlessly on our shelves.

Pros

Extremely user friendly interface, cost effective inventory manangement using either mobile phone, desktop or iPad. Puts Inventory management into all of our team members hands at a minimal cost.Makes purchasing stock efficiently a breeze with csutomisable PDF inventory reports, that make extremely good shopping lists.

Cons

Sortly is missing some features that would make it perfect for us. Ability to scan in cases which update the individual quantities.Kits or BoM, Scanning a SKU Barcode reducing the correct quantity of all parts.Integration with Xero Inventory management, which would allow syncing of realtime parts pricing for example.

Response from Sortly

Hi Scott,

We are so happy that you are enjoying Sortly and appreciate you taking the time to submit a review!

I've passed your feedback along to our Product team for review and if you have any other feature requests, please let us know at [email protected].

Heather
  • Industry: Wholesale

Inventory made fun

Reviewed on 2023/06/26

Sortly has made managing our inventory fun! There, I said it. All of our items in one place. Categorized in a way that makes sense to us. With photos so there is no confusion by only having product numbers that no one really knows. We see the value, the quantity, the item type, the variants, etc. all in one place. And, it's mobile! Our inventory used to be a guessing game before Sortly. Now, we always have confidence in what products are in stock.

Pros

Photos! With so many similar items, photos make differentiating products a breeze. Additionally, it's so easy to input items. There is no putting it off because it's too time consuming.

Cons

When viewing items from the folder view, it would be nice if the items individual value was also shown, not just the total value of inventory in that item entry. Additionally, I find History is not always accurate.

Response from Sortly

Hi Heather,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and rate Sortly!

We would happily submit a feature request for you ([email protected]), or you can submit it in the app by clicking on 'Product News'.

Ben

Sortly Saved Our Projects!

Reviewed on 2023/06/26

I searched through several inventory software programs and none were designed with the user in mind like Sorlty. The program and application are fast and intuitive!

Pros

The creation of an item is so easy to use. We were able to inventory over 14,000 items in a very short period of time. The offline function was so crucial to a remote 7 month project we had overseas.

Cons

The only thing we found as a con was the limited users.

Viewpoint Vista and UpKeep

Reasons for Switching to Sortly

Sortly was much more user friendly.
Kristen
  • Industry: Furniture

Essential to Our Services

Reviewed on 2023/07/03

Overall, it's been a delight. It's easily customized, consistently functions well, allows us to run the reports we need for inventory tracking and auditing, and it's easy to use, so it's easy to onboard new volunteers who join our Inventory Team.

Pros

We love that Sortly is mobile, allows us to track inventory on the go, and the app is so easy to customize and use.

Cons

We're a nonprofit, and while we love the product, it would be helpful if Sortly offered some type of discount structure for nonprofits that benefit the community. Every dollar we save is a dollar invested in the families we serve.

Response from Sortly

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your amazing review of Sortly! We're happy to hear it's helped you stay efficient.

I'll pass your feedback about pricing and plans to our Leadership team.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at [email protected]!

Mark
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Very good for inventory management, but gets quite expensive to add users

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

Usage has been great. But am looking for another solution as we grow and need to add users. Wish we could add a user without all of the additional features of the next tier, for a smaller fee per user

Pros

Once items are set up, using Sortly is easy and it facilitates keeping track of inventory positions.

Cons

Setting up items can be cumbersomeHaving more than 3 users is a huge jump in cost (triples monthly fee to go from 3 to 5 users)

Response from Sortly

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your positive review of Sortly! We are delighted to hear that our app has helped you stay organized and productive.

I'll pass your feedback about pricing to our Leadership team. Your feedback motivates us to continue enhancing our services for all users.

Sal
  • Industry: Graphic Design

6 Months in and still love it

Reviewed on 2023/06/26

Been super smooth, and my employees actually use this one!

Been super smooth, and my employees actually use this one!

Pros

Easy of startup and a great app. User interface is not overly complex and adding pictures is a plus, it's all very easy.

Cons

More pricing options on the products. Multiple sources and inventory date.

Response from Sortly

Hi Sal,

Thank you so much for rating Sortly; we are happy to hear you are loving the software!

I've passed your feedback about pricing to our Leadership team, but if you have any other feedback/questions, please reach out to us at [email protected].

Benjamin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect for Camera Equipment

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros

What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons

A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it.

I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.