EveryAction

Unified CRM, fundraising, advocacy, and digital platform

Donaldson d c J.

Experiencing EveryAction

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Pros

The one thing I like about this tool is it reporting functions, as oppose to other CRM tool, EA gives management a real time glance of progress across the entire operation of their engagement. That makes so easy for making decision.

Cons

The least thing is the text messaging function. It's sometimes very difficult to get message to phone numbers. Secondly, the issue integration regarding the financial transaction must be looked into. The tool should allow users to connect a third party accounting software.

Eric H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use at first, and immense power and flexibility when you get into it. Also great...

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

It's a powerful engagement platform
The ActionTag online form system works great out of the box, and is fairly easy to customize if you want to fine-tune your user interfaces and flows
User management is made really easy with some powerful tools like quick role comparison and impersonation
It's blue

Pros

The performance! Views load fast. Reports update fast. Contacts and user records save automatically for 80% of the attributes you update. And the "Create a List" interface is so performant that I use it just to answer idle questions about the constitution of our database (which is not small). I've used Salesforce a fair amount with a similar sized database; often running reports, you would enter in all the parameters, run it, and then go make a sandwich. Five minutes later, maybe it had run. I never even THINK about how long something will take to run anymore. It's great.

Cons

Growing pains. EveryAction already does a lot, and their product team is expanding what it offers at a fine clip. As a result, features are often released with bugs and/or oversights that probably would have been caught in a more conservatively evolving platform. In a way, this is kind of a sneak Pro, because as long as you take new features with a few grains of salt, you benefit from a pretty agile development schedule. And most importantly, the bugs/oversights have always been functional; security, in my experience, has never been compromised in favor of progress.

David K.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great High-End CRM

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

EveryAction is a great, albeit expensive, CRM that arguably justifies its costs. Its support team is reliable, helpful, and prompt. Within EveryAction, you can nearly anything you could hope for outside of peer-to-peer texting - our package includes data tracking (with an option to purchase direct voter file incorporation), list generation, click-to-action tools, donation functionalities, event tracking, and email generation, among other features. It's incredibly convenient to have a one-stop shop while managing a large public interest campaign.

Pros

An incredible amount of functionalities + tools built into one CRM; great + straightforward database; straightforward segmenting tools + email generation tools; fantastic customer service.

Cons

High price-point compared to market standard; email builder could be more sophisticated and flexible; somewhat difficult to learn + teach, relying on repetition.

Sarah S.

I have used several CRMs and EveryAction is the most powerful and easiest to use, by far.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

There are so many features of EveryAction that are exceptional. My favorite feature is the list builder. You can easily create a list of constituents and then run a report to access whatever data you need, all in seconds. Next, EveryAction has so many available fields - it is extremely flexible and easily accommodates your needs. Third, the support at EveryAction is fantastic - they are constantly improving the product and adding features my team suggests. Finally, I have never used a CRM that so easily allows for import and export of data.

Cons

There is a learning curve when it comes to direct mail plans and reports. However, there are very helpful tutorials on the EveryAction website to facilitate this.

Molly B.

EveryAction is amazing!

Reviewed on 2015/11/05

Can't say enough about the improvement EveryAction has made in our ability to do our work! We are an advocacy organization and were previously using The Raiser's Edge and Salsa to manage our donations and online communications/advocacy work. To start with, having everything in one place allows us to work more efficiently and effectively, and keep donors and supporters from falling through the cracks of a disjointed system. Additionally, we have found EveryAction to be an incredibly intuitive service for everything from donation pages, email blasts, and more. Because our data was in two places and some of it up to 25 years old, our merging and uploading process was long and arduous. As a result, I was a frequent flyer with the support folks, and was really happy and appreciative about their responsiveness - and that they were never condescending to people without knowledge of the system. Our sales rep routinely checking in to make sure everything is going smoothly and we feel like we can use the system to the fullest. We've loved it and it's greatly improved our ability to do the work we do.

Marcia H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

EveryAction provides great customer service and ongoing training

Good.

Pros

The versatility and options available.

Cons

Sometimes its a bit overwhelming. There are a lot of tutorials which make it difficult to select from especially when you need a quick read.

Nick D.

I'm a really big fan of Everyaction! It's one of the best all-in-one suite of tools that I've...

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

Variety of tools, ease of learning how to use the tools, customer support and help with client training, out of the box features that look good enough to go live with, customization options.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming to clients when they first get started, but the standardized look and feel help with that over time.

Loree L.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Not the best CRM option for Nonprofits

Reviewed on 2019/11/28

Generally, I would not recommend this product, as there are many other options in the nonprofit space that also offer affordable "out of the box" solutions for CRM, online processor, and e-marketing that have smoother functionality and come with better customer service and support.

Pros

The email functionality of this software is good -- it can create nice-looking emails that are mobile responsive.

Cons

The hierarchy of how to organize, label and tag data is clunky and does not make for easy reporting on all elements desired. We have also found the customer service and support to be lacking. We find these to both be critical functions of an "out of the box" CRM for a nonprofit and these elements are far stronger in other systems.

Laura G.

easy, helpful, great forms.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

I like how easy EveryAction is to use. I also like the flexibility of forms and how easy it is to make them and then edit them. I'm also a fan of their email series option. I like that all of my data lives together.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of the UI, but I know that the latest version has done some work to fix the user interface.

Brett D.

Some of the best people is the business for non-profit marketing.

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

The ease of use and the customer service that goes with the product. From the moment I contact EveryAction they were with me every step of the way. They constantly reach out for training and make sure I have the support I need to develop our non profit.

Cons

Need more help developing template to use right off the purchase of the product. Although there are many HTML template out there. Its hard to find one that can fit your needs without some customization.

Tracy S.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Product is limited and customer service is the worst

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Over the past two years, we have helped on partner migrate to EA and two partners leave the EA platform. The functionality of the system is limiting, to say the least. In doing so, we engaged with customer service for a variety of reasons. In the case of onboarding a new client, it was mostly crickets, our questions often went ignored or it was a "whatever" kind of answer.

Then just recently we helped a partner migrate from EA to Salesforce because EA was never going to be able to provide the layers and levels of functionality that this customer needed. Our experience was TERRIBLE!! The EA team held the org's data hostage, prolonged the process of migration, and made the customer pay for extra months that they didn't need because of EA's delay. Their responses to our questions were ambiguous, unhelpful and mostly petty.

If I could, I would blast how horrible EA is to everyone I know. I promise, as a consultant and a long-time nonprofit professional, I will NEVER recommend this product or this team to any of my clients or colleagues and if I run across people who are on EA, I will do my best to get those orgs to leave EA as soon as possible.

Pros

There was nothing that I liked about the software.

Cons

- Reporting is limited
- "Lists" are difficult to query and use
- Mass editing is impossible
- No forward-thinking functions like actions or reminders
- Record pages aren't laid out in any usable fashion
- "Help Articles" don't help at all
- Editing individual data is difficult
- Account model is limited = orgs vs. people vs. businesses
- Campaign and event hierarchy and construct is confusing

Brooke H.

Excellent tool for managing donor data for large non-prof organization

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Pros

The implementation team was absolutely fantastic. Being able to manage multi channel donations such as direct mail and online, major donor data, grants, and reporting data all in one place is a game changer.

Cons

The variety of choices can be overwhelming, and sometimes support tickets are answered by more junior staff (so can be less accurate). Pipeline documentation is really not good, API could use significant revamp as well.

Angela J.

Great Data Base!

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Everyaction allows for simple tracking of data and organizing that helps with projects and engagement.

Pros

The list orginization is key. My work of engagement is much easier having lists in one place and already organized. I can pull lists and create an events. It keeps this partt of my work very organized and easily accessed.

Cons

The user interface can be cumbersome as it is not very intuitive and often need to review notes or look for help.

Braeden L.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

EA is user friendly, built for activism, and a "work in progress".

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

At Resource Generation we appreciate how user friendly EveryAction is to navigate. Our full staff and many of our member leaders need to use the system to move their work forward, and that hasn't been possible with other systems. EveryAction also uses the language of in person and online organizing throughout its systems which is helpful from a functionality and user adoption standpoint. The values alignment also means the kinds of functions that are built prioritize justice frameworks, such as selecting preferred gender pronouns.

Cons

EveryAction is a newer database, and new functions that you might expect to already exist are being built all the time. One example is responses to online forms formerly going directly into a contact record as notes, which is now an optional function. So expect there to be some growing edges for the system. That said, the support team is good about acknowledging what is being built and communicating and mitigating the impacts for users where possible. This is primarily why I scored lower on "Features & Functionality".

Khelil B.

Excellent CRM

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Overall, the CRM is a joy to work with. Most of the time, everything works seamlessly. The ability to create emails and form is very easy to learn and excel at.

Pros

EveryAction is an incredibly user-friendly CRM with excellent email and form building, great source code building, great segmentation tools, and very useful reporting-making tools. The ability to track community engagement, the ease-of-use and the attractive interface make EveryAction (which I use daily) incredibly helpful in my content creation and reporting.

Cons

EA reports are very good with one exception: I'd like a state-by-state breakdown of emails sent to recipients. Right now, I cannot easily find out how many emails the average person in California received from us. EveryAction should allow for local/state email counting.

Benjamin E.

Using EveryAction, we've taken supporter engagement to a new level. These are powerful tools.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Mobilizing supporters, both old and new, is easy with EveryAction. Emails, advocacy, and fundraising are straightforward. The interface is elegant. It's given us an amazing ability to create engaging and effective campaigns that are impactful and have helped us grow.

Cons

There's a learning curve here, but the supporting documentation is strong and I've found their support team and our organization's account representative to be extremely helpful. They care about making sure we're using EveryAction to the best of our ability.

Walter T.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

An outstanding CRM with an innovative team ready to help take any campaign to the next level.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

A CRM that provides everything a user needs to run a successful, data-driven advocacy campaign.

Pros

I work with plenty of clients with different CRMs, and I can confidently say, EveryAction is probably one of the most powerful CRM's I've used - it's so easy to create lists and really see granular data about an individual contact. The email tool is pretty solid, and creating online forms, petition pages, signups, etc is intuitive and quick. For advocacy, EA features click to call, social advocacy, email, and allows for custom targets, which is a differentiator from most other tools.

Cons

The naming conventions for features could use a little bit of work (tags vs. codes vs. activist codes), but other than that, not many complaints.

Selina T.

EA is super easy to use and super efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

It's user friendly, setting up forms and emails is quick, building lists and targeting is much more intuitive and comprehensive than other software. And they're also creating new features to make the software better depending on client needs.

Cons

The event function could be more robust. The survey function was a con, but that has since been improved.

Michelle R.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use and see results quickly

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

I love how everything is integrated and cuts across multiple departments - our Development, Digital, and Organizing teams can all work together in a much more streamlined way.

Cons

Trying to integrate with other systems can be difficult, but luckily so what of we need to do is already in EveryAction that we don't need a lot of 3rd-party tools.

Dan L.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Constructive criticism

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to create different reports.

Cons

Haven’t had any yet. Using it Fairly short time

Selina B.

Great Features with some Difficulty

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

EveryAction, overall, has been pretty helpful and customer service has been quick to answering our questions. There definitely is a learning curve to managing the software, but its serving its purpose in the way that we need it.

Pros

The quick look-up feature is useful along with its list segmentation. The online action forms are easy to use and customize.

Cons

There is no clear way to designate funds per contribution aside from the designation to the organization itself. It's not suited for direct mail purposes.

Does everything but nothing well

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

EveryAction is convenient for non-profits because it's an out-of-the-box CRM solution with most of the features a non-profit or advocacy organization would want. EveryAction is provided by the same company (NGP) that creates the VoteBuilder and NGP tech products for Democratic campaigns, and is essentially the same SAAS repackaged for non-partisan groups.

Cons

The online actions product is buggy. Unfortunately, there's no simple solution to feed data into EveryAction's ecosystem without significant investment in building an app using their API when they could easily allow WebHooks or Zapier integration. They make documentation for the API and third-party integrations very hard to find so you'll use their native products which, unfortunately, are not very good.

Soncey K.

EveryAction

Reviewed on 2021/03/14

Pros

I like it because it is so user friendly.

Cons

I really cant think of anything that is a con for me, other than the reports could be easier to run and manage

Jo S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Diving in to a new partnership!

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

We've been quite pleased to date with all of our interactions and when problems or deadlines have moved - the EA team has worked with us to ensure we meed our organizational goals.

Pros

Our organization had been with a Blackbaud product for many years and were challenged in ease of use and functionality. We were excited to find all of the assets as part of EveryAction that would allow us to engage with our donors, advocates, pet passionate people and pet parents in a very different way. As of now - we are smack in the middle of our data conversion. It is not without some pain points but that is absolutely expected in any conversion. But, I've been impressed with the quality of customer service, availability and commitment of the EA team to getting it right. As of now - I'd absolutely suggest exploring their tools and their team! We've been most happy!

Cons

We are not deep into usage to be able to honestly answer this questions. We do know we one of the negatives in the selection process was the inability to embed video in outbound emails. But we understand many clients are requesting this option and are working hard to roll out that tool soon!

Johncarl D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Worth It, But Study Up!

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Ensure you develop a standard of practice for data collection and management that is uniform from the beginning, with supporting documentation or it will be extremely difficult to manage the data on an ongoing or effective basis.

Pros

EveryAction presents a large suite of options to search, sort, and utilize data from your organization, including constituent record data and fundraising data. I most appreciate the ability to segment mailing lists in order to reach the specific supporters/subscribers to our organization. This platform is no joke, and has enormous possibilities for functionality, but you have to know what you're doing to be effective.

There is an extensive help section, and one-on-one training with your client services representative is available through scheduling. They are thoughtful, knowledgeable and incredibly helpful.

Cons

While EveryAction has broad functionality, it isn't intuitive. It can be cumbersome to perform a simple task, especially if you are not performing these tasks enough to develop cognitive/muscle memory through repetition. All of the options can be overwhelming, and unless you are aware of the possibilities and what function you want to perform as well as have the time to research, watch, learn, and practice/test these options it can be challenging to achieve the desired results, especially on a timeline.

For those coming into EveryAction from outside of the organization utilizing it, and with no experience on the platform, it can be challenging to learn and utilize, especially if the data/records have not been managed in a way that lend themselves to the way you want to use them. Comprehensive, standardized data points are key, so the organization has to set a standard from the beginning or you're doing a LOT of clean-up.

I think a standard "academy" of training videos that walks a new user through the functionality from beginning to end via recorded videos and interactive lab curriculum would have been really beneficial for me to better utilize this system. As much as I love EveryAction, I feel I'm not able to effectively utilize all of the functionality or necessarily have the time and resources to learn all possible functionality at this time.