EveryAction Reviews

EveryAction

A unified CRM for nonprofits

4.6/5 (42 reviews)
Eric H.

Easy to use at first, and immense power and flexibility when you get into it. Also great performance

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

It's a powerful engagement platform
The ActionTag online form system works great out of the box, and is fairly easy to customize if you want to fine-tune your user interfaces and flows
User management is made really easy with some powerful tools like quick role comparison and impersonation
It's blue

Pros

The performance! Views load fast. Reports update fast. Contacts and user records save automatically for 80% of the attributes you update. And the "Create a List" interface is so performant that I use it just to answer idle questions about the constitution of our database (which is not small). I've used Salesforce a fair amount with a similar sized database; often running reports, you would enter in all the parameters, run it, and then go make a sandwich. Five minutes later, maybe it had run. I never even THINK about how long something will take to run anymore. It's great.

Cons

Growing pains. EveryAction already does a lot, and their product team is expanding what it offers at a fine clip. As a result, features are often released with bugs and/or oversights that probably would have been caught in a more conservatively evolving platform. In a way, this is kind of a sneak Pro, because as long as you take new features with a few grains of salt, you benefit from a pretty agile development schedule. And most importantly, the bugs/oversights have always been functional; security, in my experience, has never been compromised in favor of progress.

Dani B.

Great User Experience for Admins and Constituents

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Overall, it is a very clean and user-friendly database for both the admins and constituents. The only downside is that it was built for political organizations who canvass or phone bank, but they are working on making it more friendly and easier for non-profit organizations who do not fit that category.

Pros

Very easy to use and figure out system for the administrators and for the outside constituents. They have a robust reporting and infographics feature that helps you keep up on top of your goals and progress monetarily or with responses to forms/emails. The forms are very easy to build and use, with a clean look. The software has a lot of built in features which are great if your organization is politically active: makes lots of phone calls, uses a lot of volunteers, does a lot of canvassing. Additionally, the platform would be beneficial for a non-profit who wants to track their donations/fundraising and emailing easily in a system. The price is good for us since it is based on the number of contacts in your database, not the number of users.

Cons

As a membership organization who hosts a lot of events for our members, the systems are somewhat in place to meet our needs, but we need to do a lot of manual labor or pay extra fees to get the systems to work to fit all our needs. That being said, as the platform is seeking a broader audience of non-profits, they are starting to embed and automate the tasks we are currently doing manually or paying extra for.

Braeden L.

EA is user friendly, built for activism, and a "work in progress".

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

At Resource Generation we appreciate how user friendly EveryAction is to navigate. Our full staff and many of our member leaders need to use the system to move their work forward, and that hasn't been possible with other systems. EveryAction also uses the language of in person and online organizing throughout its systems which is helpful from a functionality and user adoption standpoint. The values alignment also means the kinds of functions that are built prioritize justice frameworks, such as selecting preferred gender pronouns.

Cons

EveryAction is a newer database, and new functions that you might expect to already exist are being built all the time. One example is responses to online forms formerly going directly into a contact record as notes, which is now an optional function. So expect there to be some growing edges for the system. That said, the support team is good about acknowledging what is being built and communicating and mitigating the impacts for users where possible. This is primarily why I scored lower on "Features & Functionality".

Karla C.

In my work, we use the Every Action advocacy, fundraising, and email tools.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly, my non-technical staff find that setting up emails, petitions, advocacy campaigns, sign up forms, and fundraising forms is very easy to do. Every Action is constantly asking for user input and rolling out updates and new features that make the tools more robust and easy to use. The advocacy tools are robust and include integration with social media both for campaign targeting (through twitter) as well as to make it easier for constituents to share our campaigns. For the most part, tracking and reporting on email, advocacy, and fundraising results within the tool is easy to use and the reports are robust. Creating scheduled reports and analytic dashboards is easy and allows you to see almost every detail you'd want to know about how your campaigns are performing.

Cons

Functionality for surveying constituents is currently very limited, but this is something they are currently working to develop. Integration with other databases has been challenging for us as has duplicate management.

Ryan O.

Moving to EveryAction was an great decision on our part -- incredibly better than our old system.

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

Its step-by-step functionality is great even for non-tech people; they seem to get it much quicker than others. And the VAN integration was the big selling point for most people -- never before has it been so easy to see if someone opened an email, came to an event, filled out a form, and got a survey response all in one place before. And while we don't use it as much as I'd like, the Advocacy Tool is truly great and something I haven't seen others do as well. And Customer Service is always responsive and helpful if it's something that already exists.

Cons

Everything that I would change about EveryAction are just additional tweaks to its existing functionality; I don't think there are any overarching/systemic flaws -- we would just be able to link back to survey questions, for example, whereas right now only activist codes are available, etc.

Peterson N.

Our web developer recommended EveryAction to us. We are a patient advocacy organization.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Quite a few, but off the top of my head:
Modernized, nice looking communications.
Increased engagement with volunteers.
Superior analytics.

Pros

EveryAction has modernized our communications in many ways. The most important improvement for us a nationwide advocacy organization has been the uniquely easy way that EAction helps us track and analyze our volunteer engagement. We are most excited about the event management and recruitment potential of EveryAction, and the possibility of unifying and bringing most of our digital communications under one tool.

Cons

Depending on your working and learning style,, you will either like the fact that EAction seems to constantly evaluate and/or add new/improved features, or you will probably feel unsettled by the changes. Either way, you will want to spend more time upfront watching the video tutorials or at least have a plan to ask for more training in order to understand the basic features, which remain largely unchanged. You may also want to be more proactive with seeking tech support.

Khelil B.

Excellent CRM

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Overall, the CRM is a joy to work with. Most of the time, everything works seamlessly. The ability to create emails and form is very easy to learn and excel at.

Pros

EveryAction is an incredibly user-friendly CRM with excellent email and form building, great source code building, great segmentation tools, and very useful reporting-making tools. The ability to track community engagement, the ease-of-use and the attractive interface make EveryAction (which I use daily) incredibly helpful in my content creation and reporting.

Cons

EA reports are very good with one exception: I'd like a state-by-state breakdown of emails sent to recipients. Right now, I cannot easily find out how many emails the average person in California received from us. EveryAction should allow for local/state email counting.

Victoria S.

Better than NationBuilder

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Easy and simple creation of signup forms and donation pages, powerful email tool for our newsletter.

Pros

We switched to EveryAction from NationBuilder and absolutely love it. The user interface is sleek and modern, and its very easy to query based on dozens (hundreds?) of filters, actions taken, demographics, etc. We also use the email tool to send out our newsletter and can quickly and easily make donation & signup pages.

Cons

There's not much I don't like about EveryAction. I wish the email templates were built out a bit more, but that's really it.

Benjamin E.

Using EveryAction, we've taken supporter engagement to a new level. These are powerful tools.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Mobilizing supporters, both old and new, is easy with EveryAction. Emails, advocacy, and fundraising are straightforward. The interface is elegant. It's given us an amazing ability to create engaging and effective campaigns that are impactful and have helped us grow.

Cons

There's a learning curve here, but the supporting documentation is strong and I've found their support team and our organization's account representative to be extremely helpful. They care about making sure we're using EveryAction to the best of our ability.

Zachary S.

EveryAction makes data and fundraising easier

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

EveryAction allows me to keep clients data securely stored while offering the ability to provide high level organized reports at the same time.

Pros

As someone who does freelance data management EveryAction is a user friendly system that keeps donations, donor notes, and other valuable information organized and accessible.

Cons

Until you can full familiarity with EveryAction it can be challenging to understand the vast array of data points the database stores.

Sarah S.

I have used several CRMs and EveryAction is the most powerful and easiest to use, by far.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

There are so many features of EveryAction that are exceptional. My favorite feature is the list builder. You can easily create a list of constituents and then run a report to access whatever data you need, all in seconds. Next, EveryAction has so many available fields - it is extremely flexible and easily accommodates your needs. Third, the support at EveryAction is fantastic - they are constantly improving the product and adding features my team suggests. Finally, I have never used a CRM that so easily allows for import and export of data.

Cons

There is a learning curve when it comes to direct mail plans and reports. However, there are very helpful tutorials on the EveryAction website to facilitate this.

Heather L.

EveryAction is the only database that I recommend for solid fundraising practices

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

I have used NGP & EveryAction during just about every iteration of my career--for all clients when I was president of my fundraising firm, and now with our state affiliates at LCV. From a fundraising perspective, it doesn't get better than EveryAction. It allows digital fundraising and advocacy to happen effectively in the same place as major donor fundraising, tracks actions, events, etc. Fundraisers can manage call time, set next move tasks, and log all fundraising activities in a smooth and efficient way that helps build for long-term and enduring relationships with the organization.

Cons

Over the years there have been bugs, issues with duplicates or other technical issues, but the EveryAction team go out of their way to make sure they troubleshoot and solve these issues.

Walter T.

An outstanding CRM with an innovative team ready to help take any campaign to the next level.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

A CRM that provides everything a user needs to run a successful, data-driven advocacy campaign.

Pros

I work with plenty of clients with different CRMs, and I can confidently say, EveryAction is probably one of the most powerful CRM's I've used - it's so easy to create lists and really see granular data about an individual contact. The email tool is pretty solid, and creating online forms, petition pages, signups, etc is intuitive and quick. For advocacy, EA features click to call, social advocacy, email, and allows for custom targets, which is a differentiator from most other tools.

Cons

The naming conventions for features could use a little bit of work (tags vs. codes vs. activist codes), but other than that, not many complaints.

Nancy I.

This software has been great for us...much better than the program we were using before.

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

flexibility of reports, ease of entry of data, identifying donor information good. household info good...

Cons

ability to use certain fields, frustrations with tech support, line is busy frequently would like to be able to schedule an appointment for help. Upgrade was very difficult and information from support not as helpful as it should have been.

Great software and great customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

I like the various tools that it offers. It gives me the ability to efficiently and expertly manage all aspects of our clients' digital program.

Cons

It's not the most intuitive UX. So sometimes when we're tasked with training our technologically-uninclined clients, it's not always easy to show them how to use EA.

Craig A.

This software is powerful but easy to use. Great customer support as well.

Tracking contributions, compliance.

Pros

I like how intuitive it is to use. It is fast, easy to navigate, stores tons of important data, and makes my job a lot easier!

Cons

I would love if it was a little easier to customize, but overall a great product and highly recommended.

Great Customer Service and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

I used their campaign fundraising database and found it to be great. They cover all of the fundraising bases I needed.

Cons

It has been awhile since i used this database. I cannot remember any large grievances to report here.

Selina T.

EA is super easy to use and super efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

It's user friendly, setting up forms and emails is quick, building lists and targeting is much more intuitive and comprehensive than other software. And they're also creating new features to make the software better depending on client needs.

Cons

The event function could be more robust. The survey function was a con, but that has since been improved.

Sara K.

EveryAction has revitalized our donor management!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

It is so simple to use. Searching for donor data and running reports is a cinch. Also love having mass communication and tracking in the same system. The online forms are simple to setup and are very robust.

Cons

Support can sometimes take awhile and doesn't always give in depth solutions. The more advanced tools are a bit out of our budget.

Michelle R.

Easy to use and see results quickly

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

I love how everything is integrated and cuts across multiple departments - our Development, Digital, and Organizing teams can all work together in a much more streamlined way.

Cons

Trying to integrate with other systems can be difficult, but luckily so what of we need to do is already in EveryAction that we don't need a lot of 3rd-party tools.

Andrew J.

Our company uses EveryAction for our Development and Communications needs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

User friendly interface, always updating features and listening to customer feedback, great "Online Action" product that connects form submissions with contact records, forward thinking company with world impact and progressive causes in mind.

Cons

Customer support is sometimes unresponsive, some features have serious product flaws, and the system updates--while frequent--are not always features our company needs. Note: EveryAction is weak on administering Events.

Kyle T.

Powerful software for email, online fundraising, call time

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

EveryAction has a beautiful user interface that really stands out from the competition (most nonprofit software platforms look like they were built in the 1980's), and its very intuitive/easy to figure out. Our org uses their 'Targeted Email' tool, as well as 'Online Actions' for signup forms and online donation pages. Forms get really high conversion rates and are quick to set up. The CRM component is very powerful, and contact records are robust - with the ability to build lists off of hundreds of criteria. Their offline fundraising / Development tools (grants management, etc) have been built out recently and are on par with Raisers Edge.

Cons

EveryAction probably isn't a good fit for small nonprofits that are happy using their same old tools.

Maggie K.

Had a great experience transitioning to EveryAction

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

The EveryAction team was very patient during our transition process. The software was easy to learn and easy to use for our whole team. I love that our online donation forms are integrated right into the database.

Cons

It's always difficult when you're transitioning to a new database. Once we learned how everything worked, it's been a really positive experience.

Molly B.

EveryAction is amazing!

Reviewed on 2015/11/05

Can't say enough about the improvement EveryAction has made in our ability to do our work! We are an advocacy organization and were previously using The Raiser's Edge and Salsa to manage our donations and online communications/advocacy work. To start with, having everything in one place allows us to work more efficiently and effectively, and keep donors and supporters from falling through the cracks of a disjointed system. Additionally, we have found EveryAction to be an incredibly intuitive service for everything from donation pages, email blasts, and more. Because our data was in two places and some of it up to 25 years old, our merging and uploading process was long and arduous. As a result, I was a frequent flyer with the support folks, and was really happy and appreciative about their responsiveness - and that they were never condescending to people without knowledge of the system. Our sales rep routinely checking in to make sure everything is going smoothly and we feel like we can use the system to the fullest. We've loved it and it's greatly improved our ability to do the work we do.

Graeme E.

The go-to software for Organizing and power building in our movement. Couldn't do the work without it.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

Metrics, connectivity, shared language and tech across organizations. This provides connection and collaboration with multiple advocacy groups.

Cons

Always want more integration with other platforms but they seem to bring on new capabilities often and with lots of great training.