PayKickstart Reviews

PayKickstart

Shopping cart & affiliate management for online vendors.

4.6/5 (41 reviews)

PayKickstart is the engine of my business

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

I started out with Kartra (I love those guys), but they couldn't handle VAT properly. I see this a lot with American software developers. They generally don't understand how the EU works. Then switched to PayKickstart and helped them get this VAT thing right. Which they did. And fast.

I love that they listen to their customers and actually implement the suggestions. I know there's always more ideas and requests than the development team can handle, but they make good progress.

So I'm glad I switched and I look forward to all the improvements that are on the roadmap.

If you want to set up elaborate funnels and upsell sequences, it's a lot of work. Also to get it right in PK. But, once you find your way in the UI and understand how things work, you get faster and faster at it.

Did I say the support is excellent? If not, I'll say it again: their support is excellent :-)

Pros

- GDPR compliant
- Built in VAT processing (important for EU customers and vendors)
- One-click upsells
- Lot's of checkout templates both hosted and embeddable
- Multilingual checkout and email notifications
- Automated retries for failed payments
- API / IPN
- Excellent support
- Friendly people
- Actual implementation of most feature requests

Cons

It's a work in progress, so there are always things users would wish were already in the software. For me, I would like to see the VAT on the invoices (they're already working on that). I would like to see an option for duplicating funnels and campaigns. And more branding options for the affiliate signup. Now what are supposed to be 'my' affiliates become a PK affiliate and may choose to promote my offers (as well as other companies' offers). I would like to see this more brandable.

But no showstoppers here.

Best bang for the buck - full featured and a powerhouse

Reviewed on 1/24/2019
Review Source

Pros

Price point beats most competitor platforms.

Offers many options to override settings on an affiliate and product basis - This is very important for my business.

Custom affiliate link creation feature - also important to my business.

Easy to use sales funnel builder with a robust array of settings.

Customizable checkout pages - easy to use builder with pro templates.

Constant improvement on existing features, most importantly the Reports feature.

Cons

Some of the user flows on certain features can be a little confusing, but not a show stopper. They offer a decent knowledge base and support is solid.

Best Choice for Our SAAS

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Support is outstanding. Integration with your custom solution is easy with their API. Ability to use Zapier also very easy. Always adding features.

Pros

The ease of use when integrating with our SAAS was fantastic. We got an all-in-one solution for payment processing, member management, affiliate/vendor relations, and sales funnel structure. The API was very easy. Reporting is exactly what we needed.

Cons

Had some trouble with integration of a different 3rd-party system, but customer support was diligent in fixing it. Prefer a proactive alert system for paying affiliates, but reports show what's outstanding so its not that much of a problem.

The Best Payment Platform Ive Used

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

10/10 nothing short of pure awesomeness. Some of the best customer support I’ve experienced. A platform designed by people who actually know what they are doing, what the market needs. Can’t wait to see what they have coming!

Pros

It has all the features and advanced features a vendor can possibly wish for. I like checkout forms, the 1clickupsells, and everything is highly customizeable! Ill be running with PK for the next years for sure!

Cons

UX wise it can have a few optimizations. Some actions could probably be done in less clicks. That’s my only concern. Previously it was also the Reporting feature - but they pushed out massive update. VAT feature also needed updating, and that is in development right now. Amazing team and awesome customer support!

Excellent experience so far (~1 year)

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

We're very demanding with cart software. We've tested everything (clickfunnels, infusionsoft, clickbank, samcart, and several others). We run a high volume of transactions (and pretty high in $$). Plus, we need to be able to customize the cart significantly.

So far, we haven't found anything that works nearly as well as Paykickstart. If you're not as demanding of your cart, it might not be as big of a difference, but outside of enterprise software, Paykickstart does everything we could ask.

Pros

Great support; very easy to implement and customize. We've been able to match or exceed cart conversion rates on every other platform (Shopify, etc.).

Cons

No built-in integration for google analytics enhanced e-commerce (having an automatically populated data layer would be awesome). No IPv6 tracking.

Great Product

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

I most say that PK designers knew exactly what they 're doing what's been needed by the market. It has some of the best customer supports services have ever experienced. It's free trials would definitely make you think of using PK for your business.

Pros

It has a lot of embedded and hosted checkout templates.
It has an email notification feature that supports multi-lingual checkouts.
It has a great support features.

Cons

It doesn't have VAT on it's invoices.
It have integration issues with third-party systems.
It's cost would really affect small and start-up businesses, because of the expensive nature of PK.

Response from PayKickstart

Hi Daniel,

I just wanted to let you know that we do now display VAT on our invoices.

Cheers

Love it!

Reviewed on 3/13/2019

You only need a few of the features inside to start with. But, you'll be super grateful you set it up when your business starts to grow, as it has everything you need inside.

Pros

This gives you complete flexibility over your sales funnels and affiliates. It's now our go to tool. We now recommend to our clients that they only use Funnel builders for their pages and PK for everything else.

Cons

I wish it built pages as we'll, if it could I wouldn't need anything else.

PayKickstart review

Reviewed on 4/14/2019

I like using PayKickstart, I finf it simple and helpful, they also offer courses to read through to give an affiliate some guidance on topics related to the marketing world, including the use of social media sites like Facebook.

Pros

It's easy to copy my affiliate links .
The reports section is VERY easy to follow as each section can be clicked on separately, allowing you to read traffic and sales charts separately etc.
Also, the customer support approached me first, which is always great for a company to do, it really helps the user feel welcomed!
I also like the marketing feature, which allows you to set up a campaign within 5 minutes.

Cons

I think the marketplace can seem a bit confusing to a beginner, it doesn't explain in enough detail what each campaign is, perhaps room for change? I've seen other affiliate sites have descriptions before having to request to promote that product, personally this matter doesn't bother me too much, but it might affect others.

The best online cart!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

We use it mainly for our recurring transaction like online memberships, the reasons are many:
- dunning system
- easy to integrate with anyplatform
- shopping cart design
- easy reporting

Pros

It's really full of features for both one time sale and recurring.
The team keeps updating the software with new features, allowing me to focus more on business and less on payment management.

Cons

Nothing. It's really awesome.
If I could point at something, I'd like to see some extra features expanded, like automatic mailing of the credit card update link to customers.

PayKickStart Honest Review

Reviewed on 3/9/2019

Overall my experience was good with PayKickStart. I tried the services for the 14 day trial subscription and it went good while getting everything together for my business. I ended my subscription because i no longer needed the service anymore not because i didn't like it just because i stopped the business i was using with the service.

Pros

I liked that it was easy to set everything up. When you first open your account you can get started asap which is great for someone who has a business and want to start driving traffic quickly.

Cons

It would have been good if they had a free option for people who dont have the funds available to pay for the month subscription.

Great shopping cart platform, very easy to use!

Reviewed on 3/31/2018

Pros

It's straightforward and simple. PayKickStart allows you to set up multiple products, subscriptions and manage everything!

Cons

It can be pretty expensive for small businesses and startups per month. It's worth it for a long term solution.

Awesome product

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Pros

Paykickstart is an easy to use Powerful Payment Gateway & Affiliate Solution with first class customer support.
It's a must-have cart.

Cons

Paykickstart should have a larger trial period. Just 15 days are not enough.

I've been waiting a long time for this service!

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

While I haven't had time to use the affiliate platform yet, that was a big selling point for me as well as the upcoming customer management portal that will allow my customers to manage their own subscriptions and payments.

Pros

I was able to easily switch all of my products and subscriptions over to PayKickstart within just a few hours. The checkout templates are easy to edit and customize.
The support team is the most responsive I've ever seen.
The automated Stripe import tool makes importing subscriptions totally painless!

Cons

It can be a little tricky to get the lay of the land and the way Funnels, Campaigns, and Products interact, but for a tool this powerful, it's an expected learning curve.

Reviewed on 2/14/2018
Review Source

Great software

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

Great plugin with Paypal, has been a game changer for anyone dealing with PayPal transactions

Pros

Easy to use dashboard, control of products easily

Cons

Can be confusing to navigate at times, ie: transaction vs subscription

Great service depending on your needs

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Pros

I liked the onboarding process and how their focus is on helping on marketers success in making money online.

Cons

For the time I've used it, there isn't much I don't like. But maybe the terms used aren't consistent or standardized to other brands. That just means it takes a bit of time to get use to their terms and where things are.

Sales

I am waiting for my payout of 192,50$
To Bank wire Account its very disapointing get Not my comissions because i have to Pay my affilate too and i set Automated payout

Pros

I Enjoyed Making Sales in 2 days at the morning get notification Congratulations you just Made a sale

Cons

The Payment Option for choose one Plan i would like Pay ny Bank wire function

Your customer service is the best I have ever witnessed!

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Overall, I will be staying a loyal customer to you all.

Pros

The simplicity of the software is the biggest pro.

Cons

Add a few words to describe the icons is the only con.

The new template

Reviewed on 3/23/2019

The most I like is the customer service, they always explain in a very simple way step by step how to understand the tool well.

Pros

I love the simple and the price, It was very nice to work

Cons

I hate them, something that I had loved about this application was the collection templates. That everything was in one step, the client saw a description of the product, testimonies and placed his inf and paid and ready.
Now he has many steps, he does not have the testimony and I do not like how he looks.

6.0/10

Best support you'll ever find

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Absolutely love it. The amount of customization is incredible!

Pros

Besides that I love the platform itself... their customer support is incredible!

At one point I found a little bug... and within 28 minutes they didn't just get back to me... they released an update to the platform that solved the issue! That's something I've never seen with ANY SaaS company.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when you start using the platform for the first time.

Great Robust Platform

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Overall great experience. The only negative thing we've found are the affiliate pages and it's not really a HUGE deal to us but we do wish we had the option to change the design and have it match our brand for a more congruent experience.

Pros

It's extremely easy to create robust affiliate funnels. Much more intuitive than the competitors and a lot more flexibility an options on the affiliate side as well.

Cons

Affiliate request pages are terribly ugly and cannot be edited

Awesome platform for serious sellers.

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

I was looking for a simple way to integrate Paypal as a payment option. What I got was a whole lot more. The Subscription management and the ability to allow the user to use any payment method to do anything (subscribe, one-click upsells etc...) is amazing. PayKickstart allows us to offer the payment flexibility that today's customer expects.

Pros

It is built for volume, flexibility, easy config, and maximum compatibility.

Cons

I would like to be able to white label the affiliate members area.

10x my business!

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Thanks to PayKickstart I boosted my e-commerce 10x better in performance and money value.

Pros

PayKickstart it's really a complete software/application to track every single thing of your business. Thanks to that, I have 10x my E-commerce in performance and money value.

Cons

Sometimes the automatic Email to the clients (my case) that have buoyed my products arrive a little bit late. Hope the Staff can optimize that.

Knowledge and performance

Reviewed on 3/13/2019

Very even and full of the best and profitable ptobucts

Pros

Very fast loads of excitement great if you'd like the money n lasting affiliated software

Cons

To much to understand at the begining take u off course

5.0/10

A real life saver

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

Awesome! Can't imagine running a business without it.

Pros

It's easy to use. Their dashboard makes it easy for us to keep track of our growth, client renewals and churn rate. This data is very crucial for any startup.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve when we first started using the software. Nothing significant though. The dashboard can be made more intuitive.