PayKickstart

Shopping cart & affiliate management for online vendors.

4,7
4,6
4,6
4,5
4,7
Sue B.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications
Company size: Self Employed

More than just a shopping cart– the best subscription billing and affiliate management software!

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

My overall experience with PayKickstart has been very positive. I would recommend it to anyone who has a business already or who is looking to start a business and wants to take payments online. I know the company has a lot of new, exciting features that will be coming out soon, so think the platform is only going to get better.

Pros

The thing that is most awesome about PayKickstart is how powerful and versatile it is. You can use it for a very simple one-time fee checkout or you can use it in a very complex funnel with upsells, downsells, order bumps, multi-pay plans or subscription billing. You can use it to sell digital products online or you can use it to sell physical products that would be mailed to customers. It's also very easy to create coupons which allow you to create special offers and incentives.

Additionally, I was attracted to PayKickstart because you can also use it to set up a very robust affiliate marketing program for your products and services. Most comparable products out there charge a lot more for this, but PayKickstart includes the affiliate management feature in its Professional Plan.

There is a lot more that you can do with PayKickstart that I haven't mentioned. The bottom line is you won't outgrow it. As your business grows and your needs become greater PayKickstart will continue to offer the features your business needs.

Cons

There really isn't anything in particular that I didn't like with PayKickstart. It perhaps may take be a little bit more complicated and take more time to set up that some other less feature-rich solutions. In the end, I think that it is worth it. I was able to get it set up and start using it the same day. When I ran into stumbling blocks I was able to quickly get help from support via their online chat.

Karim F.
Industry: Sports

It's a game changer

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

Before paykickstart I had a problem getting paid with clickfunnels alone, specially when using PayPal .. not to mention the one click upsell feature and affiliate management.

it made it so easy for me to build checkouts and get paid fast.

Pros

The customer support , The functionality , The updates

Cons

maybe they need to integrate with more payment gateways

Steve E.

Subscription Billing - well sort off

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Really really hard work for no reward. I even reached out the CEO to let him know the experience they offer as he bangs on about in one of many webinars you will be invited to is nothing near the reality. He wasnt interested, just wanted to sell another online course.

Pros

I'll admit that I was attracted mostly by the low cost. There so many players out there offering recurring billing with Stripe that are providing very little but charging a fortune. Multi currreny is offered which is quite rare.

Cons

This company is more about selling and their software is a sideline to that. I only made use of the recurring payment side and found it to be very long winded in setting up, by far the longest setup than any other similar I have evaluated (and there have been lots). Once installed the whole look and feel is very cheep and requires way to many clicks to get where you need to be. You can add custom fields but dont expect to be able to edit them after. The data it stores is also not consistant despite all transactions using the same form and gateway. Support is pleasant but all they will do is send you a page of the manual. They make no effort to understand your issue or go the extra mile.

Response from PayKickstart

Sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered Steve.

If you are experiencing any current issues, please reach out to our team and we'd be happy to assist anyway possible.

We highly value user feedback and have been compiling data over the past 2 years in regards to a new UI we plan to launch this year to allow for easier user control while still providing our large library of billing capabilities.

If you have any suggestions regarding how you'd like to see the platform function in the future, we'd graciously accept this feedback to improve our platform based on your user needs.

For custom fields, the team is already working on an update to allow vendors edit customer custom field data after entry and we plan to have that released as soon as possible.

Thanks for the constructive feedback and opportunity to grow from your experience Steve, we look forward to continuing our growth with you.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Mihai H.
Industry: E-Learning

They're constantly upgrading the platform and adding new features.

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

At the time of writing, I've been a customer for 3 months and I am loving the experience, but especially the support system.

They answered all my questions and I really appreciated that even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is active sometimes to interact with the customers.

They're constantly upgrading the platform and adding new features.

Before choosing PayKickStart, I've research several competitors for a few days, but they are the best for my specific set of needs.

Pros

The override price in Funnel building area.

Most of the checkout pages look really well on mobile, which is a huge +.

Cons

You can't customize the checkout pages very much, not even the colors in all the places. You can through CSS, but not for basic users like myself.

Jordan M.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Tremendous software

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

I not only use it, I also have referred several others to use it!

Pros

This allows you so many options and choices - it's really extremely simple to get going and it just WORKS. The support is best in class.

Cons

Building funnels isn't as intuitive, and some pieces can require a tech-savvy mind to understand.

Michelle B.
Industry: Online Media
Company size: Self Employed

Powerful! Instantly tripled my income! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Pros

This one piece of software has exponentially increased the revenue from my online courses by 3 times! I love how professionally it handles my affiliates, creates user friendly payment pages for my buyers and connects automatically to my website and email autoresponder. This software does so much! I am very thankful for the team at PayKickstart who always answer support questions for me right inside my own dashboard area... they are so helpful! I hadn't heard of PayKickstart before, it was originally recommended to me by one my ecommerce gurus and mentor, and I'm so glad they told me about it - I'm living proof that if you want to grow your online business you should add this program now - I highly recommend it!

Cons

Everything just took time to set up, but it was worth it!

Jennifer B.

Excellent Service and Support

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Pros

I've been with PayKickstart since the initial launch. What I love most is that they are continuously improving their service offering and ALWAYS provide excellent customer service. Plus, they have a built-in affiliate management system. No one else offers this feature in combination with the checkout functionality (that I'm aware of.)

Cons

In the beginning the checkout page editor was a bit clunky, but they continue to make improvements.

Viktor G.
Industry: E-Learning

More than doubled our checkout conversions

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

The PayKickstart support team is the best. They are always there to steer you in the right direction.

Pros

The simple checkout pages more than doubled our sales conversions over our custom pages we built in house.

Cons

It does not have the ability to 'pay what you want', nor the ability to combine flat rate or monthly in a single product.

Joseph T.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

PayKickstart the best shopping cart out there, and we've tried a number of them.

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Pros

East to use and implement. Very intuitive.

Cons

Video tutorials on specific features would help. I love the program and it does what I need, but I know I'm only using 20% of what it offers.

Cham A.
Industry: Information Services
Company size: Self Employed

The best affiliate and payment platform I ever tried!

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

Pros

Pack with all the features I need and the support is awesome!

Cons

Probably a bit pricy if you are still starting out but I can say it's worth it!

Chris V.
Industry: Internet

PayKickstart is the engine of my business

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I started out with Kartra (I love those guys), but they couldn't handle VAT properly. I see this a lot with American software developers. They generally don't understand how the EU works. Then switched to PayKickstart and helped them get this VAT thing right. Which they did. And fast.

I love that they listen to their customers and actually implement the suggestions. I know there's always more ideas and requests than the development team can handle, but they make good progress.

So I'm glad I switched and I look forward to all the improvements that are on the roadmap.

If you want to set up elaborate funnels and upsell sequences, it's a lot of work. Also to get it right in PK. But, once you find your way in the UI and understand how things work, you get faster and faster at it.

Did I say the support is excellent? If not, I'll say it again: their support is excellent :-)

Pros

- GDPR compliant
- Built in VAT processing (important for EU customers and vendors)
- One-click upsells
- Lot's of checkout templates both hosted and embeddable
- Multilingual checkout and email notifications
- Automated retries for failed payments
- API / IPN
- Excellent support
- Friendly people
- Actual implementation of most feature requests

Cons

It's a work in progress, so there are always things users would wish were already in the software. For me, I would like to see the VAT on the invoices (they're already working on that). I would like to see an option for duplicating funnels and campaigns. And more branding options for the affiliate signup. Now what are supposed to be 'my' affiliates become a PK affiliate and may choose to promote my offers (as well as other companies' offers). I would like to see this more brandable.

But no showstoppers here.

Cora T.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great Asset For Your Business

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Super beneficial for my website also customer service is very helpful.

Pros

Super easy to navigate and works well for my website.

Cons

We have had a couple issues with recurring memberships duplicating an order for the next month.

David S.

Excellent Productivity Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Overall our company has been very pleased with PayKickStart and will recommend it over the other major platforms that are comparable...

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate and set up to use as a vendor, and as an affiliate, the platform works flawlessly as well. It is a great platform that just keeps getting better. It is easier to use than JVZoo, Warrior Plus, or Clickbank...

It is also cheaper for you as a vendor, you only pay a monthly fee to list your products, and you can save a lot of money if you are selling a lot of products online. The affiliates that work with us also like the platform as they can easily see where they stand in regards to their promotions and commission.

Cons

So far there is nothing not to like, and this is after using the platform since it's inception. It has only gotten better, and the developers are on top of making constant improvements to it all the time.

Keith G.

Best bang for the buck - full featured and a powerhouse

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

Price point beats most competitor platforms.

Offers many options to override settings on an affiliate and product basis - This is very important for my business.

Custom affiliate link creation feature - also important to my business.

Easy to use sales funnel builder with a robust array of settings.

Customizable checkout pages - easy to use builder with pro templates.

Constant improvement on existing features, most importantly the Reports feature.

Cons

Some of the user flows on certain features can be a little confusing, but not a show stopper. They offer a decent knowledge base and support is solid.

Best Choice for Our SAAS

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Support is outstanding. Integration with your custom solution is easy with their API. Ability to use Zapier also very easy. Always adding features.

Pros

The ease of use when integrating with our SAAS was fantastic. We got an all-in-one solution for payment processing, member management, affiliate/vendor relations, and sales funnel structure. The API was very easy. Reporting is exactly what we needed.

Cons

Had some trouble with integration of a different 3rd-party system, but customer support was diligent in fixing it. Prefer a proactive alert system for paying affiliates, but reports show what's outstanding so its not that much of a problem.

Stefan V.
Industry: Computer Software

The Best Payment Platform Ive Used

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

10/10 nothing short of pure awesomeness. Some of the best customer support I’ve experienced. A platform designed by people who actually know what they are doing, what the market needs. Can’t wait to see what they have coming!

Pros

It has all the features and advanced features a vendor can possibly wish for. I like checkout forms, the 1clickupsells, and everything is highly customizeable! Ill be running with PK for the next years for sure!

Cons

UX wise it can have a few optimizations. Some actions could probably be done in less clicks. That’s my only concern. Previously it was also the Reporting feature - but they pushed out massive update. VAT feature also needed updating, and that is in development right now. Amazing team and awesome customer support!

Katie L.
Industry: Online Media

Does (almost) Everything We Need it To

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Good, robust solution that is focused on conversion. Excellent for digital marketers.

Pros

The best part about PayKickstart is that it was created for digital information product marketers who are looking to optimize their funnels. The metrics, the one-click upsells, the campaign options--it works perfectly for kind of business. I love the robust functionality, even though it poses something of a learning curve.

Cons

We tried to use it to sell tickets to a live event, but found it didn't quite have the features to support event management. That's okay, our primary business is digital products, but it might be nice for them to expand to live events the way you can now sell digital and physical products easily.

Jeremy H.
Industry: Internet

Excellent experience so far (~1 year)

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

We're very demanding with cart software. We've tested everything (clickfunnels, infusionsoft, clickbank, samcart, and several others). We run a high volume of transactions (and pretty high in $$). Plus, we need to be able to customize the cart significantly.

So far, we haven't found anything that works nearly as well as Paykickstart. If you're not as demanding of your cart, it might not be as big of a difference, but outside of enterprise software, Paykickstart does everything we could ask.

Pros

Great support; very easy to implement and customize. We've been able to match or exceed cart conversion rates on every other platform (Shopify, etc.).

Cons

No built-in integration for google analytics enhanced e-commerce (having an automatically populated data layer would be awesome). No IPv6 tracking.

Brad C.
Industry: Computer Software

SUPER easy to use, and has ALL the features I could ever want.

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Pros

PKS is very intuitive and has all of the marketing related features that I would ever want in a shopping cart. Their API allows me to customize things to the point where the only limit is my imagination, and that's a good position to be in.

Cons

The loading times of the reporting in the dashboard could be faster. And the mobile app could also load quicker.

Daniel E.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I most say that PK designers knew exactly what they 're doing what's been needed by the market. It has some of the best customer supports services have ever experienced. It's free trials would definitely make you think of using PK for your business.

Pros

It has a lot of embedded and hosted checkout templates.
It has an email notification feature that supports multi-lingual checkouts.
It has a great support features.

Cons

It doesn't have VAT on it's invoices.
It have integration issues with third-party systems.
It's cost would really affect small and start-up businesses, because of the expensive nature of PK.

Response from PayKickstart

Hi Daniel,

I just wanted to let you know that we do now display VAT on our invoices.

Cheers

Gareth L.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

You only need a few of the features inside to start with. But, you'll be super grateful you set it up when your business starts to grow, as it has everything you need inside.

Pros

This gives you complete flexibility over your sales funnels and affiliates. It's now our go to tool. We now recommend to our clients that they only use Funnel builders for their pages and PK for everything else.

Cons

I wish it built pages as we'll, if it could I wouldn't need anything else.

Emmanuel elliot H.
Industry: Financial Services

The Best Signal Providers

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

i am able to grow my Forex business daily and this means making daily consistent revenue

Pros

I have been a client of Paykickstart for over 8 months now.To be honest the team are very good at what they do.They are not just a signal provider but they are a solid Forex signal company with a clear difference from the others.I am a user of their services and will surely recommend them any day anytime to any Forex trader who wants to make consistent daily pips especially for newbie

Cons

always very accurate.The signal they give always leaves their clients in good profits no matter you account size

Nick C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

PayKickstart review

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

I like using PayKickstart, I finf it simple and helpful, they also offer courses to read through to give an affiliate some guidance on topics related to the marketing world, including the use of social media sites like Facebook.

Pros

It's easy to copy my affiliate links .
The reports section is VERY easy to follow as each section can be clicked on separately, allowing you to read traffic and sales charts separately etc.
Also, the customer support approached me first, which is always great for a company to do, it really helps the user feel welcomed!
I also like the marketing feature, which allows you to set up a campaign within 5 minutes.

Cons

I think the marketplace can seem a bit confusing to a beginner, it doesn't explain in enough detail what each campaign is, perhaps room for change? I've seen other affiliate sites have descriptions before having to request to promote that product, personally this matter doesn't bother me too much, but it might affect others.

Mina G.
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use and profitable

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Pros

Paykickstart is a straight forward platform to accept payments and make money through affiliates. I mainly use if for the affiliate section for now but I have plans to launch my own SAAS and accept payments through it. It's user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

It needs more publishers on the marketplace to make it more profitable to affiliates. Also, it takes quite some time for some publishers to approve affiliate request, although this isn't related directly to paykickstart, it can be avoided by applying new rules to encourage publishers to approve more affiliates.

Alicia L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

We have all of our digital products in PayKickstart!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

My team and I choose PayKickstart because of the recommendations were received​ from many business owners in our industry. The experience so far has been flawless. We haven't had any issues and haven't even had a need to contact support​

Pros

I love that it flawlessly manages our core products and that it has great payment integrations and payment options (how and who gets paid from the sale of a digital product). We have most of​ our digital products in PayKickstart and the integrations are working perfectly.

Cons

I haven't run across any issues with this software.