Flipdish Reviews

Flipdish

Online ordering for single & multi-store chains & franchises

5/5 (77 reviews)
Luca D.

Second to none customer experience. Amazing app functionality and fantastic user dashboard for data.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

There are many benefits to this software that all add up. A huge benefit is having customers create their own orders and thus eliminating human error of missing items over the phone or incorrect special requests. The orders come in quickly, in an easy to read format reducing the time of taking an order over the phone from minutes to seconds. As a result we can also use codes for discounts and promotions, deliver them straight to the customers phone and even give special vouchers for free meals.

This app now allows you to advertise to your customers without leaving the business to deliver leaflets, and without worrying will Facebook show all my page followers my post.

The benefit of allowing card payments is also one to note as it reduces cash in store which in tern can speed up customer service as the payment process in store is removed and the customer simply walks in and walks out.

Pros

What I love most about this software is a draw between two of its functionalities. As an app for users, its extremely easy to use interface can be priceless attracting new customers who may be weary of this type of technology. Everything about it's order process instills confidence that the order has been sent and the process went smoothly.

The second functionality is the data dashboard for us as owners. To put it simply it removes all guess work behind the typical question of what drives our sales. It's presented as both easy to read graphs and also in a downloadable format for those who wish to run excel sheets. You'll soon find out your truly most profitable items, events, delivery locations, even hour of the day.

Cons

Having been with Flipdish very early on, I've never once had an instance where I thought to myself "I don't like this".

Response from Flipdish

Hi Luca, Good to hear all is going well. Thanks for the feedback.Kind Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

Ruth D.

I find Flipdish to be a great company with excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I like that I can reconcile the daily reports to our shop sales for the accounts. The software allows me to have a good overview of the sales per our stores on a daily basis which is important for my accounts reconciliations. The reports also help to look at key trends in the order history. The reports show individual shop sales separately which is very useful. If I have any problems or queries with the software, the customer service team are excellent and always respond back to my queries promptly. The customer service follow through is excellent and the team are always friendly and helpful.

Cons

I generally don't have any major issues with using the software. Overall, I find it to be very user friendly and good to use. What I like least about the software is the large size of the excel export files on the back office. The CSV export file can be quite large with a lot of columns and data that I don't use. This can sometimes be cumbersome to filter and sort to get the information out that I may need for reconciliation purposes. This is the only negative that I have on the usability of the software and the export reports.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of Flipdish. It's terrific to read how powerful you find the reporting functionality to be for Bombay Pantry, allowing you to view sales by stores and key trends in order history. Thanks for sharing your feedback, it is constructive feedback like this which helps us to continue to improve for our customers. We are planning many updates to our reporting this year which we think will continue to add value for you. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Neil C.

Perfect takeaway app

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Without question the best part of Flipdish is their customer service, and ease of access to that service. Superb from start to finish and you’re treated like you matter and not just another client. The app itself has 100% uptime and I haven’t received any negative customer feedback about it.

Pros

The flexibility and speed at which items can be added / removed to the menu, and instant push notifications are brilliant for directly communicating with customers.

Cons

A personal dislike for me is that I am not a fan of how the menu is laid out and that the menu is automatically collapsed. That means when a customer adds something, and you go back to the menu, you’re doing a lot of scrolling. A better solution to my mind is having menu subtitles a customer can click on, which opens / closes that section of the menu.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Neil, wow, thank you for calling us the "perfect takeaway app"! What a glowing recommendation. If we can help at all, please let us know. Best, Heather, Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Michael C.

Very good, great staff, easy to manage, lower percentage rates and essentially a white label.

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

ease of use, cheaper rates, our own app without the hassle.

Pros

Customer Service is top.
Nice and easy App for customers.
Obviously lower percentage taken.
Great companion website.
Speed of corrections and change to menus.

Cons

Device in store may need updating to something similar to just eat. but only a minor issue and this would then set the standard for operations. however I understand it might then need to increase the percentage. So if that's the case then no.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your great review! It's terrific to hear that you have found our customer service to be top class and the app & websites to be very user friendly for both your Remos Pizza and Brooklyn Burger customers. We're considering lots of different options for device upgrades in future; we will be sure to keep you updated! Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it. If we can help at all, just let us know. Best, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Stephen P.

Have had this for a year now, could not fault it in anyway, has driven my business by about 20%.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

I now have a very simple way of rewarding my customers for their loyalty, it's all automatic, for every 10th order they get 11th free, therefore its an incentive for them to come to my business instead of one of my competitors. Ordering is so simple, it cuts down on staff time answering the phone to take a customers order, and also cancels out any chance of the order being taken down incorrectly. I can also see the most popular items that are selling on a daily weekly basis.

Cons

As of yet I have no dislikes with this software, any issues I have from time to time with cancelling a customer order has always been dealt with in a very timely manner

Response from Flipdish

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your amazing review. Wow, we're so happy to read how much Flipdish has helped grow your business and drive up sales by 20%. That is fantastic and what we want to achieve and more for every customer! If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Jade O.

Good product with exceptional customer service

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

The customer support is especially high quality; in particular since I started dealing, I have found that issues are attended to immediately, queries are answered promptly and with great care and attention, and she goes above and beyond by keeping up to date with our business over our social media channels

Cons

No way to print out daily report from terminal, but was advised as to getting the reading from the online server. Was able to get an account set up with limited access to other functions - would prefer that account could only access the daily reports, which is not possible at the moment but I have been informed that changes are in the pipeline.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Jade,

Thank you for your kind words and for leaving us a 5 star review. Our customer team are dedicated to helping our customers grow their online orders, and are only too happy to go above and above to help achieve that. We love when our customers share their opinions on how we can continue to improve our product, so thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Tom L.

Would highly recommend this

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I tried tens of options and the consumer experience of Flipdish is unmatched. Setup was fast. The automated loyalty and retention systems very useful as they take care of themselves and don't need me to do any extra work.

Our collection business is doing really well with the app - really helps manage the lunch time rush.

Pros

Quick setup
Good features for loyalty and retention campaigns
Full access to customer data
Discount vouchers are useful

Cons

We email in menu changes. Would be nice to be able to make these ourselves but so far all changes have been made in under a day.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Tom,

Thanks so much for your review. We're delighted to hear you would highly recommend Flipdish and are loving the marketing features and how it helps you manage the lunchtime rush. Yes we agree it would be really convenient for you to make menu edits, so you'll be very excited to hear that we have a new look menu editor coming very soon! I will keep you updated! If there's anything I can do make your experience even better, please email us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help!

Sabina K.

Very easy to deal with

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Customer increase

Pros

If there is an issue it gets resolved very quickly. If its something that cannot be resolved right away team keep us updated
Great customer support/service.

Cons

We didn't come across anything bad so far. The only thing is the machine would sometimes loose the signal and the order wouldn't come through right away .

Response from Flipdish

Hi Sabina,

I can't thank you enough for your kind review of Flipdish. I'm delighted to hear of the great customer support you've received, and how Flipdish has increased your customer business.

I'm sorry to hear that the printer sometimes lost signal - I was going to say to let us know on [email protected] in future so we can investigate, however with your new POS integration, that's no longer relevant for you!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Daniele G.

Super quick and very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

We like very much all the marketing features, it's very quick to order and from an owner point of view, we have access to all we need to control our business. Customer service is spot on... thanks to the team!

Cons

As any software, it needs improvements to accommodate everyone needs... some bits are missing or need to be implemented, but the team is very supportive and they are keen to develop new features that are important for restaurants' owners to make the software even better.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Daniele,

Thanks so much for your review. We are very happy to hear you're finding Flipdish to be a great online ordering system for your restaurant customers, with good reporting and spot on customer service. We are very keen to keep improving our software and I know you will be just as excited as us with some of the new features we have coming this year! If there's ever anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Cody M.

Efficient and effectively supportive

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

It’s a working relationship together but thrives through time once worked from both sides. Tech support are very helpful once communicated to

Pros

Support is on hand whenever needed. It is speedy service for business. It has many positives to business and marketing.

Cons

Teething issues at start but the do get resolved once highlighted quickly

Response from Flipdish

Hi Cody,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm delighted to hear that you find the support, when needed, very efficient and effective. This is what we aim for, so it's nice to hear that we are succeeding in that. We look forward to continuing our successful working relationship together. Best wishes, Heather, Head of Customer Success

Stefano M.

Easy to switch over from other online web ordering service. Excellent communication

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Online food Ordering App for your takeaway and delivery business.
Free Push Notifications to all of your users

Pros

Easy to use,
Website Backend to app shows all relevant information.
Great communication.
Very Easy for the customer to order food.
Backend staff gets changes to menu done in a jiffy.

Cons

35c online ordering fee charged to the customer on both cash and prepaid orders and also small % fee for the restaurant
No easy method to switch off certain food items if out of stock for the day.

Response from Flipdish

Hey, Stefano! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear that your customers are finding it so easy to order, and that you had such a great experience switching over from another online ordering provider. We agree, it would be great for you to switch off certain food items if out of stock for the day. So you will be delighted to hear that we are working on introducing this functionality in our new look portal! Thanks again for sharing your feedback. Speak soon,¿ Heather, Customer Success @ Flipdish

Heather M.

Helped us grow not only our online sales, but also our overall sales. Highly recommend

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

It helped us grow our business! Sales shot up, and our online orders are now very important for us.

Pros

Flipdish fitted our needs perfectly. Thank you for making it painless, pleasant and most of all hassle free! Really good.

Cons

I would like to make some changes to the print out to make it easier to read for my staff. But overall there is not any issues with the software.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Heather!

Good name! We're delighted to hear that Flipdish has made such a difference to your restaurant, growing your overall sales and that you find the system to be so hassle free.

We are always working on ways to be more amazing, so I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on how we can make the print out better? Please email your suggestions to us at [email protected]

Here's to your online ordering success!

Customer Success @ Flipdish

Very good from start to finish.All people within the company are very customer focussed

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

With more and more of our customers looking to order for delivery and with the explosion of smartphone us we felt Flipdish are the perfect partner for us.The software is very easy to use and the customer service is the best ive ever recieved by any company

Cons

To be honest i cant say that i dislike any part of the sotware , it all very user friendly with a gtreat interface

Response from Flipdish

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am pleased to hear such encouraging comments about the software and customer service and Flipdish in general. We do try hard and it's always nice when customers notice our efforts. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Amamda A.

Easy to use and a lot cheaper than other companies

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Apart from easy to use staff extremely helpful. Can log in myself to view my own stats and weekly report so clear and helpful.

Cons

Commission but still cheaper than others. When ringing support line intro message a bit too long. Preorder should be mention in a few different places not just on initial line most of the time we don't look there. Maybe mention after order total.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Amanda, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I agree, its fantastic to be able to login and view your own stats and weekly reports whenever you want. Thank you for your feedback suggestions - honestly it's feedback like this that helps us to continue to improve our software and service. If I can help with anything, just let me know. Thanks! Heather, Customer Success @ Flipdish

Maria lucia M.

Words can not describe how good this company is

Reviewed on 2018/03/17

New Business .

Pros

User Friendly , Detailed, but most of all i have control on how i want to distribute vouchers to my customers . The refund option is also a plus.

Cons

The system not permitting me to do partial refunds is a bit of problem. And not being able to sanction all promotions had proven to be different

Response from Flipdish

Hello Maria,

Thank for your great review. We love working with you too

I'm delighted to read that you make great use of our in built marketing (vouchers), it's definitely a fantastic feature.

I am sorry you weren't able to do a partial refund - we have sent a follow up email with detailed instructions on how to do this. I hope this will help for next time,

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Stephen P.

A must for anyone serious about their business

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

From day one Flipdish have been proactive in helping me grow my online sales, any menu changes etc are dealt with in a very timely matter whether it is in or outside of business hours. Could not recommend them highly enough

Pros

Ease of use and the ability it gives me to reward customer loyalty without adding to my workload

Cons

Up until the recent update it was a bit time consuming to look back on live orders, now it is very simple as straight forward

Response from Flipdish

Hi Stephen, thanks for your 5 star reviews. Love that you are rewarding your customers for their loyalty, with our automated customer loyalty program. As you said, it benefits your customers, but doesn't add to your workload - the dream! If we can help at all, please let us know. Best, Heather, Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

George A.

Superb service on behalf of the team.worked with other systems before but flipdish do it as it should

Reviewed on 2018/04/21

Pros

Always ready to help.i have contacted flipdish when I had an issue not relating to them but regarding a customer. Customer support in the office dealt with the problem I had like a true professional.

Cons

Would like a larger till roll facility as paper runs out quick when busy...but maybe ...a good complaint

Response from Flipdish

Hi George,

Thank you for your 5 star review and wonderful feedback of your superb experience with Flipdish. We do try hard and it's always nice when customers notice our efforts. We are planning to make updates to the print out layout which we expect will help your till roll last longer. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Sandy S.

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

It’s the best platform to sell your products online and reaching your customers with much more information about your restaurant.
It provides the best rates in the market as compared to other companies.

Pros

It’s the perfect platform for the small businesses and would encourage others to join it as well.

Cons

It’s need to be integrated to the pos system.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Sandy, Thank you for your 5 star review. It's great to hear that you see Flipdish as the best platform to sell your products online. We look forward to continuing to work and grow together. Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

Vincenzo V.

My Experience with Flipdish has been excellent,

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

What I like most is that it is easy and quick to use and that its your own brand you are advertising and not a 3rd party and also find it cost effective

Cons

There are no cons, I found flip dish great and really good for my online business, Team is great to work with, I have found them very helpful.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Vincenzo, thanks for leaving a review. Great to hear your experience with Flipdish has been excellent, and agree with how important it is to promote your own brand, and not a 3rd party. Thanks, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Very end user friendly, professional service, great product.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Push notifications direct to our customers, measurable loyalty program,
Happier customers with easy to use - two touch ordering.

Pros

Quick and easy to use. Two touch ordering, for end user. Geo location make it simple and easy to identify the closest shop to order from. Integrated processing with POS so dockets print directly into kitchen avoid double entry or keying mistakes. Loyalty program and push notifications direct to customers.

Cons

More reporting functionality, with easy to use customisible reports, ability to compare different locations on the one report.

Response from Flipdish

Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm delighted to read that both you and your end customers find the Flipdish online ordering platform so simple and easy to use. And we love that Flipdish has meant happier customers!

I completely understand why you'd want more reporting functionality, and I have passed on your suggestions to our product team.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever have any additional comments on [email protected]

Thanks again for your feedback

Faye W.

Great staff support, and very efficient

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

The the online order menu is very friendly and easy to use, staff support team are also very sufficient, and friendly

Cons

the only thing is the print out from the machine is a bit hard to read in the kitchen, i guess its not really software's fault

Response from Flipdish

Hello Faye,

Thank you for your great review of Flipdish! It was terrific to hear how Flipdish makes online ordering so easy, and that your experience with our customer support team has been so positive.

We are always trying to improve, so please share your ideas on how we can make the print out better? Please email your suggestions to me directly at [email protected]

If I can help with anything else, just let me know.

David M.

Flipdish

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

I have a greater number of prospective customers who use the Flipdish app and our integration is working well at the moment.

Pros

The app is easy to use with a user friendly interface. The reporting is detailed with a simple summary delivered every week, so analysis can be as detailed or general as you would like. Integrations work well and require minimal maintenance so it can work in tandem with multiple software apps.

Cons

Not much, most issues I had have since been resolved, which gives me confidence that any future issues will be remedied in a timely manner.

Response from Flipdish

Hi David, thanks for the 10/10 score. We appreciate your feedback. Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

Super quick and very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

Very easy to use and get used to. The software is also very responsive and all our staff members are happy.

Cons

Response from Flipdish

Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Flipdish. We are delighted to hear you find the software to be very easy to use, and that is making your staff members very happy! That should not happen that the machine would sometimes loose the signal, please do get in touch with our customer support team on [email protected] who can help troubleshoot this for you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Conor M.

Brilliant from start to present, whole team are great

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Extra orders and deliverys increased. Also brilliant for marketing

Pros

Ease of use! Does exactly what the big companies promise at a fraction of the price and back office is simple to use and efficient

Cons

Can't send full push notifications to users for them to read, e.g. if it was a special offer. There is a facility but it's not great.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Conor,

Wow! I¿m so blown away by your review. It made our day here at Flipdish! I'm delighted to hear you've got extra orders and deliveries have increased since you started using our Flipdish online ordering system.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the push notifications feature as I know this is something our product team are actively reviewing. I've also sent you an email with some tips on how to get the most out of our existing push notes.

If I can help with anything else, just let me know!

Hazel B.

Reliable service, professional and prompt troubleshooting.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Not much attention needed, Flipdish look after it all. Tailored to suit us and includes loyalty option.

Cons

No major issues. One issue is that with phone app, loyalty points cannot be transferred if customer gets new phone number.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Hazel,

Thanks for leaving a review - we really appreciate it. It's great to hear you say such great things about the team and software, I will be sure to let them know! If I can ever help, just let me know.

James,