Sean H.
  • Industry: Design

Premium capture and annotate tool built for Agencies

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

Marker.io makes it easy for our clients, project managers, QA and designers to report bugs and issues to our development team via Trello and other support services we employ.

Cons

If Marker.io could grab the content of the console log, that would be awesome. Also, really looking forward to having access the Browserstack integration!

Sebastien D.

Huge time saver!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

t's really impressive! I had tried hundreds of similar tools and no one compares with Marker.io. Huge improvement to my workflow.

Cons

Maybe the only thing would be the ability to capture the console logs when I report a bug.

Jonas R.

Excellent alternative to issue trackers if used with Trello.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

Ease of use and comes with lots of functionality like full page or desktop screenshots. Integrations to Trello, Jira and Github or just get the sharable link and paste it where needed.

Cons

A deep integration with Browserstack would be a huge win for our QA team as the developers will immediately know on which device a certain bug was captured.

Chelsea M.

Marker.io has been an excellent product to help us manage our software development.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

I am the support manager for one of the products that my company develops, and so Marker.io has made communicating things with my development team extremely simple.
- The GitHub integration means I can post new issues quickly and efficiently, vs. having to take a screenshot, mark up the screenshot, and then upload it to GitHub.
- The fact that most of our GitHub items for our repository are right there when creating an issue with Marker.io means I can create an (almost) complete issue with all the tags, assignees, and information already in the issue without having to jump to GitHub to add these things.
- All of the data it captures about my environment is helpful to my development team, so they get a clear idea of the situation.

In fact, my team has had such good success with Marker.io that another one of our products in the company now uses it as well.

Cons

The only thing I would say I dislike about the software (and I don't even really dislike this, it's just the one thing that I think is missing) is that you can't assign the issue to a project. That is the one thing that I still have to go into GitHub to do after creating and posting an issue with Marker.io.

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

We found it easy to start using marker.io and now it's an important part of our QA process.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

Collecting product feedback and logging bugs visually with marker.io and a trello integration has proven to be really useful for the team. It is especially useful gathering feedback from business users on the team who may not have experience communicating about product features or bugs; the ability to mark up a screenshot removes the ambiguity that usually arises in these flows. The light-weight, visual and integrated nature of marker.io is perfect for our team.

Steffen B.

Best & first bug reporting app to be adopted across all departments

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

Creating bug reports really easy and in a consistent manner across the whole company.

Pros

It's ease of use and simplicity. - While we started using this with Trello, we have switch to Productboard for our main PM-tool. - No problem for Marker - It's just send the bug report/screenshot to the inbox-email instead

Cons

It' limited to the browser only. We sometimes need to capture stuff outside the browser. - And video recording would be a big plus as well.

Matthew W.

Using marker.io alongside Trello for project managements has streamlined our bug tracking

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

I love how simple it is to create a screenshot, markup the image to point out the issue and the fact that it supplies additional information such as the users browser version, resolution etc.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to figure out how to delete screenshots at first, besides that its done everything I've needed it to!

Mathilde H.

Super useful and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Easy to pull information into Trello, and easy to mark screenshots

Pros

- Its integration with Trello (with browser version etc)
- Easy to mark any screenshot
-possibility to link the screenshot

Cons

The 'download' button has been a bit buggy these last few days, where the tab just closes when I try to download my screenshot. I contacted the customer support and it should be fixed within a few days.

Response from Marker.io

Hi Mathilde,

Just wanted to reach out to let you know that we fixed the Download button.

Just update your extension and everything should work fine.

Pete J.

Rapid creation (and therefore resolution) of issues. A picture says 1 error 1000 times quicker

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

The software is quick to create visual issue reports. Works well with Github too. Tools are simple to use.

Cons

Often there is a lag when the tool loads and the repo information is populated. It would also be good if it could take a best guess on which repository you're raising a bug on (based on current URL compared to repo name). Animation of issue would be good.

Arthur M.

Tool looks great, easier to log issues from mobile devices, stores screenshots, some pain...

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

I like the amount of annotation tools, the support for mobile devices, storing all previously taken screenshots, the amount and swiftness of customer support, hearing our feedback and helping quickly.

Cons

Not able to link issues to others effectively, not able to take multiple screenshots for a specific issue, no templates for faster bug logging.

Markus O.

Easy to use, great functionality!

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

I like most about this software that it is super easy and intuitive. You really don't need to train people or show them how to use it.

Cons

The pricing structure. You need to buy bunches of 10 users. Thats a little unconvenient, if you want to upscale your plan for one or two users.

Bogdan N.

Great tool for bug reporting

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Marker.io is very easy to use and integrate with your platforms (example: JIRA). Great quality for price. I highly recommend it.

Cons

My only con related to Marker.io is that Safari usually crashes when I want to upload a bug to JIRA.

Aneesh C.

We switched to Marker.io from Zephyr, so much more easier to use and customer support rocks!

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

Easy to use UI
JIRA integration is pretty slick and mostly meets our requirements.

Cons

Cannot attach multiple screenshots at the same time

Vincent L.

Bug reporting has never been easier since I've been using Marker !!

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

Before Marker, it was very difficult to explain a bug to my development team. I had to take print screens, then send by email, explain in the email the bug, etc. Thanks to Marker, it became very easy! all done in <10 seconds!

Cons

It would really be nice if the team could add video recording as a new feature to capture more dynamic bugs

David D.

Reduced our QA process time by 60%

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

Marker.io is all about reducing the number of steps and it has helped us reduce our QA process time by more than 60%.

Cons

Can't wait for the Browserstack integration to get out of beta so that all issues reported via Marker.io will include the meta data of the Browserstack device

Vincenzo R.

It just works perfectly!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

Very easy to use visual tool. I use it all the time to explain things to customers or to create documentation for our knowledge base.

Cons

I would like to be able to capture screenshot outside of webpages.

A Mac app would be a great improvement!

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Gets the job done and saves time!

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Makes reporting issues vastly simpler and more consistent

Pros

Easy visual capture enriched with critical environmental details
Encourages consistency, but allows for flexible and fast reporting
Integrates with backend project management systems

Cons

No option to set up integrations at the company level - leaves the integration up to each user
Lacks workflow sophistication - integration with backend systems can feel very open-ended

Response from Marker.io

We now allow you to set up an integration on a company level. This way, your team members don't have to sync their own account. It's super fast to onboard your whole team or clients if you're an agency!

Could you send me an email at [email protected] so we can enable that on your account?

Kevin R.

Marker has completely changed the way my team does bug validation

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

The ability to create cards on the fly without even having trello open is absolutely remarkable. This product has changed the way we do release management and bug testing. Not to mention I can organize to multiple boards at a single instance.

Cons

Honestly my cons for this product are few. Honestly I think you should bring back the legacy plan that my team is currently on. I have reccomend to a few small teams who would like that feature. Other than that just a few quirks with the UI. Mainly the pull direction when drawing arrows.

Marker.io has streamlined our bug and issue reporting process with our customer-facing teams.

Streamlined bug reporting.

Pros

Integration with Trello, which allowed us to continue using Trello and avoiding a company-wide shift to a new solution because of our challenges with bug and issue reporting. Also, the information that is provided with each ticket - browser, OS, links, etc - was a huge win for our engineering team.

Cons

I'd like the bug report template to be available by default. Also, when capturing screens, it does not capture overlays, which requires us to take additional screenshots from some tickets and add them to the Trello card.

Pascal V.

Easy to use, has all basic features covered very well, good integration with Jira.

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

The ability to connect it a Jira project is of extreme value. Setting up the tool, invite team members and connecting it to Jira is really easy. Very nice.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to manage the types of functions the end user can use (e.g. disable one of the options in the toolbar). Also, we have used custom fields in Jira that show during the ticket creation using the Marker.io tool, but the description tied to these custom fields don't show. This field contains explanation to our user on how to submit certain information (e.g. the meaning of our different severity levels).

Carlos O.

Makes QA work incredibly easy :)

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

As a Product Manage, I love how Market seamlessly integrates with all the tools I need to build and launch digital products

Cons

When annotating screenshots, text formatting options and weight of arrows leave some things to be desired.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Marker.io is great for user feedback, but is too slow for large scale bug reporting on websites

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

The bug reporting and screenshot annotations are nice, but the multi-step process of bug reporting is far slower than other bug reporting tools.

Pros

Modern interface. Easy bug reporting in different browsers. It works well with Browserstack, and the annotations tool is neat.

Cons

Reporting something using the tool has too many steps for it to be useful to a QA team looking to report bugs in a timeline manner. The process opens a new tab and requires multiple clicks to add descriptions or severity.
Bugs can't be immediately assigned to developers and managed in the user area.
No CSV exporting of bugs available.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great troubleshooting tool to integrate into Jira

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Love the ease and simplicity of using this to report bugs

Pros

Marker IO makes it super easy to report a bug directly into Jira with a screen grab, some overlay text, arrows... It makes reporting a bug super easy and helpful to the support team.

Cons

For my purposes I have yet to find a criticism with the product

Thomas K.

Super simple way to report web app issues to my team

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Saved a bunch of time and it was a really easy setup with the Chrome (and now Firefox) extension.

Pros

GitHub integration was the big winner for me. As soon as I spot a bug in our web app, I report a GitHub issue without having to log into the GitHub interface. It's a big time-saver for me.

Cons

I'd love for the ability to create and edit different bug report templates for separate GitHub repositories. This would be really helpful and save me even more time :)

Jean-marc P.

Simple way to share product feedback

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Ease of use...screenshot commenting, integration with Trello, daily usage

Pros

I initially signed up for the Jira integration but the Marker.io is much more than that. I use Marker.io as soon as I need to get a point across

Cons

I think the pricing is a bit steep, especially for small teams but once you've started using it, it's hard to stop paying.