Nifty

Project management, task tracking, & team collaboration hub.

Ufuk
Ufuk
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Having used them all - Nifty is the best!

Reviewed on 2022/06/30

Pros

Speaking about around 8 year agency experience as a Project Manager I have tried them all: JIRA, Trello, Asana, Monday and so on and so forth. I must admit that when leaving JIRA aside since it's for a different purpose IMO, nifty is the best among them! It's even that good that internally we don't use teams or slack anymore since it also offers a chat function.

Cons

Nothing to add here. There's really nothing bad about this software. There used to. When cloning a Milestone you'd only clone the milestone without the tasks associated with it. That problem does not exist anymore and the team has developed such awesome features of which I didn't know I need them. But I do. Every day!

Denise
Denise

Teamwork and task management combined

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Using Nifty, we don't have to worry about juggling two separate apps for work-related communication and task management. With everything being handled in one central location, including meetings, I've noticed a marked improvement in the effectiveness of the business.

Pros

Though there are numerous apps for both work management and team communication, none of them combine the two. We don't like using a bunch of different programs on my team. Nifty is an innovative solution because it combines four formerly separate apps into one.

Cons

When compared to other market leaders like Slack for conversation and Monday for task management, the app's stability falls short. There would be gaps in the conversation logs when past conversations mysteriously vanished. This is an additional annoyance for us.

Alex
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Looked greener, but totally failing

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Basically, terrible. The customer support was helpful at first, and now they just kind of leave our issues hanging and close the ticket. I've asked for a refund, as we would really like to leave the platform, but we cannot get one. We're stuck, and that's about it.

Pros

The top-down task view was great at first, and exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

After signing up, we found that with a lot of tasks, Nifty bogs down and has to take a lot of time to load things. Moving things around is sluggish and painful. The top-down task view doesn't add new projects as you add them - you have to go back and readd them to the filter.

There are a lot of terrible quirks, like the ios app, like the sidebar disappearing and such. On PC, the sidebar constantly reloads, and kicks you off the page. There are no notifications for DMs on the platform, so you can't go back through your daily messages unless you sign up for email notifications, and even then if you accidentally checked it there's no way to reset it.

Adding people to teams is easy enough for the administrator, but people won't see notifications in the chat until they initially click on it. The task does not automatically notify the next person on the list even if there's a dependency. The only way to get it to notify someone is through the kanan.

DM windows are too small and unnoticeable. The UI for the my calendar is terrible, since filters from my tasks or even all tasks can affect it. We have to constantly check if filters have been set up right.

The tasks list by tag number by default instead of the way you arrange them in the list, making it easy to miss deadlines. You have to sort the list by deadline every time you enter a particular project, and when you have 50+ projects, it's just inane.

Nifty does not offer refunds.

Grace
Grace
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Increased productivity and effortless task management

Reviewed on 2023/08/10

Because of the platform's intuitive design and user-friendly interface, team members can rapidly learn to utilize it and get back to work on their projects.

Pros

Nifty lets you divide up large projects into smaller, more manageable chunks by creating tasks and subtasks. The structured hierarchy aids communication and ensures everyone knows their place.

Cons

Nifty has many useful features, however some customers may wish for even more flexibility so they can make the platform work for their specific needs in terms of project management.

Anil
Anil

Simplify your Project Management

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

So far I am enjoying the simplicity in which I can create a project and configure it to my needs depending on the specific project requirements. I might be going overboard but I've already created 20 projects in the matter of a week while still being able to get some sleep.

Pros

I was able to onboard Nifty and get started within an hour of signing up. The workflow and design make it very easy to use for experienced Project Managers and even those just getting started with project management.

Cons

I haven't found any roadblocks as yet. Possibly deciding on how to structure your projects could be a sticking point. There is the all in one approach of putting everything in one project but it might mean having multiple administrators or making multiple projects based on function within the same portfolio. I recommend the first option for smaller projects and the second for much larger projects with multiple project administrators and users.

TeamGantt and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Nifty has a better value per feature per price point. I can easily scale up or down depending on the project workload. Having that flexibility is important as no project lasts forever, every project is a bit different and every project requires different resources.
Miguel
Miguel

Nifty could remove the use of emails with clients and teammates to manage projects

Reviewed on 2022/10/17

I use Nifty with several clients and I am very happy because we have been able to drastically reduce using email and WhatsApp.

Pros

-File manager
-Integration with Zoom
-Unlimited guests accounts
-Time tracker
-User real-time messaging system
-Spanish translations/interface

Cons

-The automation they offer is basic.
-The calculations and formulas are basic.

Taskade and Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

At the time I tried Ora, it was a little buggy and the learning curve for the clients I invited was too high.

Ora

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

-Spanish language -A lot of good reviews from other users

Nifty is a Must for PMs

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

Before Nifty we used PivotalTracker. It was a mess. Engineers were duplicating tasks, QA didn't know what was ready for test, and my fellow department heads had no idea what was being released or when it was being released. Then we got Nifty, and everyone had clear visibility to their tasks, deadlines, and what needed to be done. Department heads and partners could plan releases efficiently. It was like everything just started working like it was supposed to. If you build and ship software. You need Nifty to manage your projects.

Cons

Sprint velocity needs to be improved a bit, but it is on their road map. However, its current version of tracking user story points is better than Jira.

Oyekunle
Oyekunle

Asana + Trello in One!

Reviewed on 2022/10/28

I have been using nifty for a couple of months and I've gotta say, it's AMAZING!!! Moved my whole team to nifty and now, we no longer need slack for communication. We can even hop on zoom directly from nifty!

Pros

Love the task management and the fact that you can have discussions per task. It keeps everything nice and tidy

Cons

Sometimes, the mobile app glitches but it's in no way a problem as it rarely happens

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

I needed an all in one task management software and Asana + Trello had some limitations I did not find in Nifty

Trello, Slack and Asana
Gabriel
Gabriel
  • Industry: Design

Great little find in a sea of many project management tools

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

It's been great. As I mentioned, I have used so many management tools and I am happy to have stumbled on this little treasure of a management tool with so much ease in mind yet so much robust tools if I want to grow my project and team, Nifty looks to scale pretty well.

Pros

Hello,

I am product designer (PD) working on a side app project with a friend. As a PD I have worked with so many different types of Project Management Tools, and found Nifty to be very easy to use right out of the box so to speak and the overall dashboard and UI are more intuitive than other management tools I have used.

Cons

I am just starting out with Nifty so at the moment I am enjoying the app and haven't found anything to be a headache or anything. If maybe a suggestion. Be awesome to have some sort of Figma Plugin where I can manage a design tasks in Figma. Just a random thought.

Corey
Corey

Daily Driver

It has helped me to stay on tract with my projects

It has helped me to stay on tract with my projects

Pros

Milestone and task allowing me to keep track of my projects

Cons

Easy global view of milestones is a bit lacking but confident the team will figure it out

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Better than most out of the gate

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Pros

This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons

There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png.

The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests.

All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them.

The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

Notion

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Notion has terrible task management and onboarding is a nightmare due to the complexity of the platform. We looked at a lot of other platforms and none of them had the kind of document creation and management that we are looking for.

An easy and complete project management saas that doesn't try to be everything !

Reviewed on 2022/09/05

Nifty is helping us stay organized, keep at the top knowing what, when, who, how everything happens.

Pros

There's regular updates. Not only new functionality. They are actually listening to feedback and getting existing functionality better regularly. Nifty is a project manager. It doesn't try to be "everything", which many others are trying to do nowadays, losing quality and coherence.

Cons

There is a learning curve and you will have to take a little time in Nifty before you can really enjoy working with it.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

We tried Ora which wasn't getting updates quickly enough for important points for us, like permissions for different users. It was simpler, but lacked some functions. Asana was really good, but Nifty was way less to use.

Ora and Asana

Higher cost.
  • Industry: Publishing

Flexible Project Management for the Win!

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

Pros

Being able to see My Work all in one spot gives me a calendar and deadline view to work from, and I can set up not just multiple projects but also multiple portfolios to segment my business paths. Add to that an active development process that just keeps making it better, and I'm thrilled!

Cons

More events would be great for Zapier integration (right now it only has events for newly created items or task completion, but not status updates).

Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Easier to use, great interface for website, Windows app, and mobile. It does everything I need to do everywhere I need to do it, without all the extra clutter.

Trello, Basecamp, ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

More streamlined and less overhead on task management
  • Industry: Design

Feature-packed yet simple to use

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

A pleasure to work with, and something we rely on daily for our workflow.

A pleasure to work with, and something we rely on daily for our workflow.

Pros

The app has everything you need to manage a suite of projects from different clients in an interface that just makes sense. And constant updates being new exciting features often.

Cons

Automations are great, but there are some simple things that should be improved like the ability to remove dates

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Nifty supported the next level in our growth.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Simpler, faster, and easier to use
Heather

The system I needed...

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I'm impressed with what they offer at the price, and the responsiveness of their team. More, I am thrilled with how Nifty handles guests, and allows me to connect with my customer and collaborators around the globe, without having to buy a bunch more seats.

Pros

Nifty is easy to use. The way that it is set up with tasks, files, docs and discussion is brilliant. My team took to it like ducks to water, and new team members find their way quickly.

It even allows me to simply a project for a new team member, to introduce them to complexities as they go.

Cons

Nifty is great, and they are working hard. They are not yet what I'd consider mature. Their built-in docs leave a lot to be desired. Their milestone templating doesn't exist, and copying tasks doesn't work as well as it could, sadly.

Jira, Trello, Basecamp, Ora and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Cost, primarily. I'm a startup, and Clickup's guest options were not powerful enough for what I needed, and I couldn't see paying more for each collaborator.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Price. Also, I like the team, they have been responsive to my requests, and fix bugs quickly.
Akhil

Perfect for Project Management, Team and Client Collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

I have used many project management tools like Asana, Zoho Projects, and Trello. But, Nifty is the best I ever used. Now I can easily collaborate with my team, organize projects, collaborate with my clients. Highly recommended!

Pros

Finding an all in one project management tool is a really hard thing. As an agency owner, I can say that this is best project management platform you can get it with this price. I found many unique features that are missing in popular project management tools. For example, the overview page that shows task breakdowns, direct messaging, pre-created project templates, and more! Most importantly, I really love the beautiful UI. The dark mode is really helpful for me!

Cons

Some of the features need to be improved, especially the guest features. Adding features like owner or admin can communicate with guests directly via messaging, customizing guest's permissions in projects, etc.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Because of the feature availability, faster customer support!

Features, and the UI/UX!
Vincent

Very good alternative to Monday.com

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

Very happy with Nifty in general. I would recommend it to individuals or companies looking for an alternative to Monday.com.

Pros

Nifty offers many options and views to follow up your projects (Kanban, Lists, timeline, etc.). Also, the mobile app is very useful.

Cons

Nifty is so complete that you will need to follow the tutorials in order to make the most of it.

Flowlu

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

We switched from Monday.com because we had to pay to get some features...

monday.com

Nifty is more complete.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A Powerful Program for Managing Projects

Reviewed on 2023/01/09

It's useful for reporting automation and project management. It's useful to work with other divisions to address issues or complete projects. The ability to sync with popular services like Google and Microsoft's Outlook is really helpful.

Pros

By centralizing all aspects of project management, it facilitates increased output. As an alternative to using multiple programs, it allows you to keep track of your conversations, tasks, files, and objectives, among other things. Nifty's characteristics allow for significant productivity and revenue increases when put to use. Useful for making sure nothing has been overlooked and that everything is organized as needed.

Cons

The amount of storage available is inadequate, and the UI is not particularly appealing. Many users would benefit from greater support for connecting via social media.

Adam

Best project management tool in the market

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

Nifty has been a joy to work with. They are consistently updating the software and it’s extremely affordable.

Pros

I’ve used many other project tools and nifty is by far the best I’ve ever used. It’s intuitive in how you use it so team members who are new pick up how to use it quickly. It’s allowed us to manage millions of dollars of projects and ensures our projects are complying time.

Cons

Love the product no cons so can’t really put anything here

Alberto
Alberto

Above Average PM Software for SMB Needs

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

Nifty helps us solve the over 100 projects we handle monthly and track and communicate within each project and task in an easy and intuitive manner.

Pros

Nifty is pretty intuitive to use and implement. It has the ability to add a limitless volume of projects and managed by your team. The tool can be implemented within a few days or less. It is also great how you can integrate and use Google Drive within Nifty so there is no need to attach docs but instead can work within the actual Drive file in Nifty.

Cons

Nifty does not have custom dashboards or reporting. It has workload management and other high-level summaries of projects but it would be great to be able to build customized or filtered dashboards.

Trello and Asana

Jersey
Jersey

Nifty's Review as a Daily User

Reviewed on 2023/06/23

My overall experience with Nifty has been highly positive. The platform provides a comprehensive solution for project management, allowing teams to efficiently plan, execute, and track projects from start to finish. The collaborative features, such as real-time chat and file sharing, have significantly improved communication and streamlined the project workflow. Nifty has become an indispensable tool for my team, enabling us to stay organized, meet deadlines, and achieve our project goals effectively.

Pros

What I liked most about Nifty is its seamless integration of multiple project management features in one platform. From task management to project planning, scheduling, and real-time collaboration, Nifty covers all the essential aspects of project management in a user-friendly and intuitive interface. It streamlines workflow, promotes effective communication, and enhances team collaboration, making it a valuable tool for project success.

Cons

While Nifty offers a wide range of features, the learning curve for some advanced functionalities can be a bit steep. It may take some time for users to fully grasp and utilize all the capabilities that Nifty has to offer. Additionally, occasional minor glitches or delays in loading times have been observed, although they have not significantly impacted the overall user experience.

Sherayn
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Nifty is great programming for administering portfolios, delineations, and messages.

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

I have used Nifty for business reasons and I imagined that it was valuable since it gives various workplaces under one spot. It is the best application to wander the board. It gives information about the undertaking and it helps with keeping an eye out for adventure improvement. It is maybe the best application for business reasons.

Pros

A prestigious application that is used wherever all through the world, it is my preferred programming like this application has incredible quality. It is significant for email promoting similarly as accommodating for a live talk where we can show up at each other viably and collaborate to complete endeavor at one phase. An astute part, the best bit of the application is the colossal number of a blend. Shrewd contains dashboard, this component is the current rundown. We can similarly say the dashboard is information the official gadget. It contains accomplishment following and it is a strong section in the endeavor the board since accomplishment shows the keys, and guide progress ahead. It gives a significant hold for a monetary master without made plans to trade, and the proportion of peril is close to nothing.

Cons

Nifty has some degree more noteworthy cost than trading the fundamental stock. Time decay is another drawback of cunning. On occasion budgetary expert needs to confront unlimited test since they don't have some other strategy to reduce the danger.

• Industry: Sports

Useful project management that combines all of our most important tools

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

Pros

We used a number of rather simple tools like trello and a messenging application. None of them had all the things we wanted and if they did they had MUCH MUCH more than we would want and charged MUCH MUCH more. Nifty has had all the features we were using other services for. Tasks, project milestones, discussion, guest users, channels, integrations to tools we use - particularly git repos have all meet our needs. If you use a free version of trello for project management and are looking for something better without adding way more than you need this is a perfect fit.

A super easy import from trello. Took 30 seconds

Cons

It is a little less developed than other tools out there - still growing. Updates and improvements are made quickly and the nifty team and support are great at listening to feedback.

You may want something like zapier to integrate other items.

Trello, Slack, Basecamp, monday.com and Asana

Carol
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Nifty, a nifty project management tool

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

Nifty proves itself as an effective project management tool with continuous enhancements over time. Previously, I thought it was very limiting due to the lack of API, which prevented me from being able to integrate it into my workflow with other tools that they don't integrate with. Although its interface could use simplification for better user experience (because it can look quite cluttered and overwhelming), its competitive pricing and generous feature availability even on the free plan makes it a worthy consideration!

Pros

- Continuous improvements and updates over the years, with several integrations and API added- More features available on the free plan compared to competitors like Asana- More simple and straightforward compared to apps like ClickUp, which is quite bloated- Better value for the price compared to the alternatives

Cons

- UI/UX might be a bit complicated for users accustomed to Asana- not the best for scrum methodology- the interface can feel cluttered, potentially disrupting workflow until you get used to it

Michela
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Decent PM platform, wish it could also manage files/material

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

Honestly, I think that Nifty is a decent project management platform, but it is a bit far from the ideal platform our media agency would need. Sometimes I find it not so intuitive when I need to retrieve the files or the tasks we upload/enter. Also, notifications are not always precise and easy to manage: settings are a bit messy, and sometimes the links don't point to the exact spot I was tagged in.

Pros

I like the fact that Nifty is designed as a tool for workflow management and includes different features to help teams coordinate, monitor the task progress, and get the work done.

Cons

As a Media Agency, it would be easier if we could have both the actual files/material and the tasks/assignments on the same platform. However, Nifty is not designed to act as a storage platform.