Nifty

Project management, task tracking, & team collaboration hub.

Joel K.

Giving bigger companies in the PM space a run for their money!

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

I think Nifty is something people should pay attention to, especially if you are working remotely and want to manage a team. The support is very responsive, and I hope that they always will. They are eager to listen to your feedback, and seem to care about wanting your business. It's not the perfect platform for us as of yet, but it's definitely moving in that direction. We are moving away from Asana, and will put our faith in Nifty to scale with us.

Pros

Time tracking that is integrated with team/client chat with Zoom integrated is our favourite features, The rest is very similar to what you would find on other PM competitors. We also love that we can create Gdocs right inside the app.

Cons

The iPad app sucks, I know there are plans this year to specifically address that, but currently, it's just what you see on the iPhone. In the next week, there will be a push for an iPad version, but their new experience may not roll out until the end of 2020.

The other major issue that is beyond their control, but the comments from Asana when you import everything doesn't transfer, and the setup or structure also doesn't import. SO each time, it resets your structure if you are transitioning over.

Albert P.

Best PM software for NGOs and small teams

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

We needed a solution for effective project management with our small team. Nifty brings great possibilities to add details to tasks and also to add task dependencies and milestones. Great to switch between views (Kanban, List, Gantt).

Pros

+ possibility to assign more than 1 person to a task
+ awesome and responsive support
+ neat and intuitive UI
+ customizable, I can switch off the chat function which we don't use so the UI stays sleek
+ dependencies and milestones
+ Gantt view
+ Great features like integrated time tracking and custom fields that allow us to customize tasks to our needs
+ compared to other pm software best pricing for small teams (flat rate not price per member)
+ discount for Non-Profits

Cons

- mobile app needs some improvement but I mainly use it on desktop anyway

Alexander P.

Does More Cohesively and Easily for Agencies Than Any Other

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Overall, 9/10.

Pros

Love how easy it is to keep track of multiple projects, communicate with clients and my team, to easily reference files, and to plan out the development of project milestones.

Cons

The tasks/milestones aren't always the most intuitive. It can be difficult to find where to assign tasks and I'm not sure if milestones can be assigned- which makes it tedious attaching each sub-task. I also hid my side bar once, making it small, and it took me several minutes to find out how to open it to create a project. Hope I don't do that again. These are minor but annoying.

Amador C.
  • Industry: Design

Simply the BEST pm tool I have ever used

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Best experience I ever have in working with PM tools, and I have tried a lot, like:

Trello, Asana, Ora.pm, Teamwork, Jira, Wrike, Monday, Basecamp... you name it.

If you are using any of those apps already, I can guarantee you that Nifty is better.

The Overview section is the perfect view to start the day, with an admin dashboard where you can see at glance everything that is going on.

The Workload dashboard is the second place where you want to check if you have a team.

The Project Overview is the best project dashboard I have seen in any other tool, where you can configure to include the project data widgets you want to see when you open the project.

For any of the above, nothing better that check a Nifty tour in Youtube, for example.

Pros

Ease of use.

Clear view of everything you are working on.

Kanban and Agile are VERY easy to use, and still have ALL the functionality.

Milestones configuration is supreme.

Support is great and the team is very eager to accept suggestions and update the software accordingly.

Cons

The Task description area is the only thing I think it could be improved.

It should be more prominent at first sight, and include a simple text editor.

It is a minor CON though, and the good thing about the task description area is that it saves automatically (so, in case you click on any othe button or get out the task, the description is saved, no matter what.

Alan B.

Nifty integrates 3 applications into one

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Integrating 3 applications - Asana, project managment, Slack, team messaging, and Everhour, time recording into one application. This won't replace Slack completely for us, but will move a lot of currnet slack conversations directly into Nifty.

Pros

Ability to record time on Projects.
The structure of Projects /Tasks and how they related to Portfolios was good.

Cons

Would like to see some better reporting around time spent on projects.
Would like to have the ability to customize widgets and add widgets

Marcus H.

Versatile Project manager with messaging for people on the go

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

I've already played around with so many project managers. The direct messaging option built right in makes it so much easier to keep up with team members and work on projects either via discussions, team chat or direct messaging. The mobile app works well. I've been using slack and although not as many integrations (yet), the project manager tool wins in my use case.
The unlimited guests/clients option is a step up from from other tools and the roadmap looks very promising. I'm very happy using this and this will most like be my go-to project management tool.

Pros

Nifty has a clean interface with both project management and messaging which makes it easy and pleasant to use not only on desktop but also on mobile.

Cons

If you need more complex project management tools (not very common), you may want to check out other pms. The google doc constantly updated whenever I typed new characters.

Nick B.

Well Rounded

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Pros

On boarding only took a few minutes with each team member. They only use mobile phones by the way.

Cons

Notifications for comments only come through once an hour.

Slick PM Tool

Reviewed on 2020/06/27

Pros

It has a fantastic UI along with intuitive functionality for Project Management.

Cons

It is a great tool but could use some more integrations and mobile app improvement.

Samantha S.

Finally Getting Organized

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Pros

Nifty has been easy to set up and create deadlines, assign roles/tasks during a project, and keep track of where I stand in a transaction. I like that it reminds me gently when I am behind (you can set it up to remind you in the app or by text or email, or all three).

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but that might have been my own personal challenge because I've never used project management software like this. There are not many templates available, and the ones that are pre-installed are extremely basic so I have been creating my own.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

It's very Nifty

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

The software works as it should, we have never encountered bugs or errors. The team is always quick to help with queries through the chat and are constantly taking feedback on how to upgrade and improve their product.

Pros

The intuitive interface and shallow learning curve meant that everyone in the office picked it up on their first sitting.

Cons

A little more customisation would be great, ie be able to move the different project structure levels between each other. To be able to track tasks on the calendar the same way milestones are tracked and dependent.

David M.

PERFECT PM SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

Pros

It's great to have all we need under one platform. Nifty UX is great and always gets better.

Cons

Hoping they launch their open API shortly.

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great user experience and solid functions.

Reviewed on 2019/02/09

Pros

The user experience is great and much better than other similar platforms I have tried.

Cons

There are certain functionalities that still have room for improvements.
1. The members activities, the idea is great but it would be great to have more of a "history" of activities rather than only the latest ones.
2. The documents editing is quite basic and is lacking features to replace platforms such as Google Docs or Dropbox Paper.

Ajesh S.

Great Team Project Management

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

The fast and smooth running and different rows for different team members, and tasks make it noticeable and easy to locate. The dark theme also provides for a great experience.

Pros

It is not hard to use, even for a complete beginner. The ease of use, the accessibility, and the graphical interface is what make the use of this software easier. The file-sharing, task management, tasks, and deadlines creation in various rows or however we want them, is a cherry on the top.

Cons

Sometimes, after we upload a file, it does take time depending on the internet speed but also takes time to show the uploaded file once the uploading has been completed. We need to refresh the entire page to see the recently uploaded files, which can get a bit irritating.

• Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great!!!

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Pros

Very intuitive interface, really a value add for my team!

Cons

No real downside that comes to mind, better than anything on the market.

Jm F.

PMs should give it a try

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

I'm trying to find an app that can help me understand my projects and what needs to be done at one glance.

Pros

Clean UI, all PM features are readily available. Bonus - you can set it in dark mode.

Cons

Limited direct integrations. Too much reliance on Zapier/Integromat will be costly as you business is expanding.

Meghan H.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Goodbye 10000 Tabs

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Super convenient and a space saver!

Pros

The best part about using Nifty is that I no longer have a ton of different tabs open running different applications. Our team used to use clockify, dropbox, whatsapp, etc. for communication and organization and it's so nice to have all of those features centralized in one location.

Cons

Since I'm just a user rather than an admin I don't have as much access to monitoring things as I would like

Jesus L.

It feels like a glove!

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I was afraid "not knowing the tool" when I dropped by on it for a project... it was kinda funny at the end, because I already know how to do things, and I didn't missed any other tool I've used before. I'm eager to use it more and experience the new features as they come by

Pros

Very intuitive UI, Nifty team seems to have a lot of experience using project management tools; the app is full of features, a real "all in one" for project management... the response to actions is quick, works as expected and beyond.

Cons

I really miss the time tracking feature, however, I've read they're working on it, what will be amazing. Nifty team seems to listen their user base and the project is evolving according their needs

Ryan T.

Good project management tool with strong internal communication function for team members

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

Pros

Ease of use and setup. We could get it set up within a day, moved some of the things from Trello, Notion and Slack over.

Cons

Still not able to move everything over from Notion and Slack. Some members still prefer Notion and Slack.

Ken N.

Tried everything, until this tool!

Reviewed on 2019/07/14

Pros

The collaboration amongst team members was nothing like I have ever experienced along with, task assignment and management.

Cons

The web app occasionally glitched until it system updated.

Eduardo C.

All you need for Project Management

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

I needed to deal with content creation and management among different teams: copywriting, expert, video creation and publishing. This solved everything

Pros

Nifty has a beautiful user experience design and that makes it easy for users to use and continue to use it. But it goes beyond looks. It is very functional and very complete. A true gem.

Cons

I don't think that there is anything missing and I can see that new features are added so this is not a software that is stuck in time

Jc V.

Best project management app I've used to date

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Exceptional customer service & customer experience

Pros

Very easy to use and amazing UI. Impressed with the software right out of the box and it just keeps getting better the more I use it. Customer for life.

Cons

Didn't find this sooner and was using other products like Trello/Basecamp/Keepsolid Goals

Mheljon P.

Congratulations! You Found The Best PM Software Available!

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

I had the pleasure of talking with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Not only is the software itself extremely value-based, but the customer support that is included also goes beyond expectations. I am happy to support his company, and recommend you do the same!

Pros

Luckily, my team and I were able to find Nifty right before we committed to a competitor which would have increased our overhead substantially. Compared to the 3,000 Dollar Annual Fee + the 7,000 Dollar overhead, it was really a tough pill for us to swallow. Before we bit the bullet, Nifty found it's way to me and let me tell you as a Project Manager and Operations Officer, Nifty lives up to its name. I could go on about the features, but the best part of the software is its multitude of integrations. Softwares like Trello, Basecamp, and Zoom are already integrated. This isn't a PM software your team will just refer to once a day, it's a platform from which your team can not only communicate, but work together and collaborate to complete projects, tasks, and goals.

Cons

The only problem with project management is getting a team to utilize new PM Software. Luckily, the support team is there to make sure your company's transition is as smooth as possible.

James L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps

Reviewed on 2020/06/06

Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

Pros

These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far:

* High level of control with project management but simple interface
* Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars
* Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators
* Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams
* Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

Cons

Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Better than most out of the gate

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Pros

This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons

There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png.

The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests.

All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them.

The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

Christopher J.

The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros

Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows.

This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons

There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.