Gmelius

Gmelius transforms Gmail into a team workspace

Senad H.

Solid e-mail tracking product... and more!

Reviewed on 2020/08/30

We find e-mail tracking a very useful feature (tracking proposals / invoices) and communication with clients and the integration with G Suite was a plus. Implementation was easy.
Support is excellent.

Pros

We primarily use Gmelius for e-mail tracking although it has some other functionalities (automation/collaboration) and the developer is adding more.

Cons

There were some bugs with Chrome extension that we had to resolve with the support team. The user interface could be a bit more intuitive.

Sam W.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Gmelius review

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Great, intuitive. Eye-opening. Surprising to see how feature packed it is.

Pros

Great features and great value for money. Other similar tools only have half the features but cost the same. We will be moving to a paid plan after trial period.

Cons

The Kanban boards are ever so slightly slow to load (this could be my connection or iMac). I'm still exploring the product but not much to complain about.

Theophan M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Never Drop the Ball Again!

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Overall, my experience with Gmelius has been excellent and I recommend it to other small business owners monthly. Gmelius integrates very easily with Gmail and keeps me from dropping balls in my business, not just with my current clients but also with prospective clients.

Pros

The strengths of Gmelius include the ability to integrate with Gmail, have access to templates at the click of a button, and having emails that I send pop back into my inbox at a specific time.
I use Gmelius every single work day. As a professional coach I use Gmelius to send Coaching Session Notes to my clients immediately after a coaching session and I set the email to pop back into my email a few days later which reminds me to follow up with my client to check in with them and see how they're doing.
I'll use the same feature when reaching out to and following up with prospective clients. I'll send an email and set it to pop back up in my inbox in 2 days if the recipient doesn't reply. I'll send a follow up email and set it to pop back into my inbox in another 2 days if the recipient still doesn't reply. This allows me to stay on top of my prospecting and keeps me from dropping balls.
As a small company, I also use Gmelius as a very simple CRM. It's very easy to use and help me stay on top of my prospecting efforts.

Cons

If there was one thing I would ask to have added to Gmelius it would be the ability to send emails to lists, such as my sales training students. I'm using MailChimp to send scheduled emails to my students. If Gmelius has this ability I have yet to figure out how to easily integrate it into my processes.

Response from Gmelius

Hello Theo,
Thanks a bunch for your review - we really appreciate it.
The good news is that you can get rid of Mailchimp. :) Gmelius will allow you to send email campaigns to your entire list without leaving Gmail. You can even create smart sequences for custom follow ups based on each recipients reactions.
Here's a video that might help: https://gmelius.com/sequences

Stephanie S.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great way to create your emails into tickets, with a few missing things...

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

It's helped me an my team streamline emails and issues. Assigning emails has been a huge way to help when people are out of the office or when something becomes high priority. I don't really use the canban boards, since there's extra steps involved, but the ticketing is great!

Pros

I love that I can assign tickets to other team members, follow emails, and keep updated on what's going on without having to be CC'd on an email chain.

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate it with Zapier. I have multiple teams and it would be useful to create a ticket for them to work without having an email account set up within the company.
There are some extra steps that you need to take when things aren't showing up, that's a bit annoying, but nothing I can't work around.

Response from Gmelius

Thanks a bunch for your review Stephanie,

We appreciate your feedback and wanted to let you know our team is hard at work on your request. Stay tuned for more integrations as we allow teams to choose their preferred workspace.

All the best to you and your team...

Best GMail email manager

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

This is the best GMail add-on I have found. My favourite features including blocking email trackers, notifying me when someone has viewed an email, snoozing emails and sending an email later.

Cons

I like their unsubscribe feature, but I do wish their unsubscribe button would show up sooner. If I go to delete an email I find I often click their unsubscribe button since it appears a few seconds after the email loads and it moves the delete button out of the way.

Jesse W.

Gmelius is mostly great

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

We are still using it even though it doesn't fit within our budget. I guess that shows that it has become indispensable for our organization.

Pros

Gmail alone isn't quite good enough for business use. We use Gmelius's robust templates functionality multiple times a day. We also use the shared inbox feature for our general customer service email.

Cons

The price. It used to be a lot less expensive. We have trouble affording even the non-profit rates for 2 seats.

Conner M.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Best GMail / G Suite accompanying software out there

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

Works great scheduling messages. I used to use Boomerang but this works way better. So many other features too I haven't even fully explored

Cons

When I log in to my personal Gmail (not G suite) it asks me if i want to activate gmelius on there sometimes so i have to always say no.

Response from Gmelius

Thank you sincerely for your review Conner,

Gmelius was built for teams such as yours so we truly hope you'll get a chance to use some of the features available to you.

Feel free to reach out to us if you'd like to schedule an appointment with our onboarding specialist.

Nicholas C.

Transforms Gmail into a Powerful CRM System

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Pros

• Email open notifications allow me to send follow ups at optimal times
• Team analytics allows administrators to view team productivity
• Email sharing & notes helps our team collaborate without a convoluted forward/reply chain

Cons

• Email opening notifications occasionally sends false positives
• Mobile app isn't the best

Travis W.

awesome product, great for what you need

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

overall, I highly recommend.

Pros

I needed a software that allowed me to use gmail and have someone see my emails and answer on my behalf. It's hard to find out there without paying out the you know what. They do a great job making the features powerful and keeping the price low

Cons

Gmail is touch slow on the servers so it can make this lag just a bit. not much though.

Andrea N.

Make Gmail work your way

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

Pros

I do love the ability to customize many aspects of gmail that overwise I couldn't.
And I especially like the ability to add reminders and add notes in email.
I'm not using the tracking functionalities as I'm used to Yesware for that.

Cons

I got it in the early stage and it was a one time fee. Not sure if I could justify paying a recurring fee for this.

Response from Gmelius

Hi Andrea, thank you for your feedback. It's very important for us.

For the past few months, Gmelius has evolved a lot. Along with reminders and notes, you can now create personalized email sequences and templates that can be shared within your team, as well as email campaigns with detailed activity streams. Besides, Gmelius offers a full collaboration suite that includes shared inbox, shared Gmail labels, kanban boards and much more. Feel free to visit our website and chat with the team.

Kind regards,

Juan M.

Great Gmail integration, love the 'sequence' feature.

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

It is a great everyday tool to follow up tasks.

Pros

It has many features that are really great. One of the most powerful ones is the 'sequence' feature, that permits to create marketing automation chains of emails.

Also the way Gmelius lets you configure your inbox in Gmail is something else.

Cons

Now and then you have to re-authorize the chrome add-on and that can be a little annoying, but is a small thing.

Response from Gmelius

Hi Juan, thanks a lot for reviewing us. We highly appreciate it!

Normally, you don't have to re-authorise the extension. Feel free to contact us on our website, the tech team will be happy to help you out.

Andrew I.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Excellent, reliable extension for Gmail users with great functionality

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

I can no longer use Gmail without Gmelius the snooze function especially makes a huge difference to my workflow, and the email tracking features have been surprisingly good to have! As a company, Gmelius seem willing to listen to the needs of their users as well, which has has a postive influence on my experience with the software

Cons

Occasionally I was having issues with Gmail being slow to load into Gmail, however, it seems to have improved significantly over the past few months. The UX of the previous 'To Do' feature wasn't great, but they have recently removed/changed this.

Response from Gmelius

Thanks Andrew for the review.

We're glad you're able to help you streamline your email communications and business workflow! There is always room for improvement, and your feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
the Gmelius Team

Chloe H.

Makes Gmail more useful for business emailing

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

I am only using basic features of Gmelius so far, and already it has given me more flexibility in my business emailing. And there is plenty of room to expand and increase what I can accomplish with it.

Pros

It makes Gmail more useful for a business. You can track emails, create templates, schedule emails, and more. Even if you only use a few of the features, it gives you more control and flexibility in Gmail. It is just adding on to something I am already established in, so I can build on what I already use instead of learning something completely new.

Cons

I wish I could turn off the setting that blocks other email trackers. Sometimes I wish correspondents could see that I have received or read their emails.

Response from Gmelius

Hi Chloe, thank you for your feedback and time. We highly appreciate it!

It won't be possible to turn off that setting, as the blocking of trackers happens in the background of your browser and we have no way to identify a specific user and thus load a specific list of IPs/domains to white-list at this level. Feel free to drop us a line in the website chat. Our tech team will be happy to provide you with more details.

Ashique I.

Has some awesome features

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

this is a great tool for scheduling emails and sharing emails..
cant ask more than that

Pros

it has some exact features that we were looking for
- send letter
- read receipt by the recipient
- share emails easily
- notes against the email

Cons

it is trying to have CRM like feature email sequence etc there are other stacks of applications that does those a lot better. It feels an overkill hence price seems high

Gmelius? Easy Learning Curve

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

It has helped us communicate and be on top of the daily unexpected todos

Pros

Easy to assign task to the team
You know the status of the email and response from the assigned person of that task
Cost. Very Reasonable
Less back in forth emails

Cons

It is more me than Gmelius Using the Board view. I would use it more if all my emails were visible and then sort them to the right board. I work in Gmail all day.

Kimberly K.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

I like the idea behind Gmelius and it is helpful for what I use it for. I don't think I am getting the most out of the product due to lack of knowledge and confusion.

Pros

I love that I can see when people read my emails, as well as schedule campaigns or individual emails to go out later. I also love that I can snooze emails to respond to it when I am available.

Cons

Some of the features are confusing and frustrating. Sometimes when I am working on a campaign, it won't let me send it because of some unknown error and I have to redo the whole thing.

Response from Gmelius

We really appreciate your review!

And we definitely want you to maximize Gmelius to its full potential. Feel free to contact us if you would like a walk-through demo. Gmelius has tons of features that could benefit your team.

To your team's success,
Team Gmelius

Great mail tracking

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

Pros

Revamps Gmail UI, making it much more powerful. Mail tracking is reliable.

Cons

Subscription based, an one-time-payment option would be nice.

Renan R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good enough!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Actually, gmelius is a great colaborative experience for those who use gmail to management teams and external and internal demands from company and customers.

Pros

Colaborative tools that help teams to do more using Gmail.

Cons

There are some lag to use on low network band.

Laura S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Gmelius is a huge timesaver

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Pros

I love that I can easily share gmail labels with my staff, so that I don’t have to forward emails to them.

Cons

Scheduled emails show up in gmail draft folder rather than a separate scheduled emails folder.

Jürgen S.

GMelius - More Control over Gmail

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

GMelius is one of our "must have" Gmail plugins that makes us much more productive with email.

Pros

The ability to remove emails from inbox to have them return at the time when they need action; templated emails; sequences.

Cons

Sometimes the plugin doesn't load automatically.

Response from Gmelius

Thank you Jurgen for your kind words! We highly appreciate your feedback.

Kindly ensure that your browser is not configured to clear your browsing data whenever it closes. Feel free to drop us a line in the website chat, we'll be happy to help.

Ryan W.

Great Features for Gmail or Inbox by Gmail

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

Gmelius adds great cosmetic and productivity options to by Gmail and Inbox such as tracker blocking, cosmetic customization

Cons

Nothing much bad to say about it. There are lots more features if you are willing to pay for them, but having the free version does enough for me.

Victor A.
  • Industry: Events Services

Works great but its expensive

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Super great but expensive.
We will continue using it. But we are opened to test new solutions if they are cheaper.

Pros

My company tested many shared labes softwares for gmail (cloudhq, hiver, tandem and labelizer)
Gemelius works great and much better thang the others. From our point of view.

Cons

Its very expensive for its functionality.

Response from Gmelius

Hello Victoria,

Thank you for your review.
We will make sure to continue delivering the value you expect from Gmelius. Although, we are not the cheapest we do strive to be the best.
More exciting things to come...

Steven V.
  • Industry: Events Services

Gmelius helped our Agency a lot

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

It can't be much better.

Pros

I've been looking for something like Gmelius for a very long time. It has helped our artist agency a lot ever since we've started using Gmelius. It has automated our workflow and saved us thousands of hours of sending manual mails and follow-ups.

Cons

Would be great to be able to use variables in the automated follow-up flow as well.

Felipe M.

Effective. Do what it say it will do. Simple as that

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

I'm using it for 2 main proposes.
I outreach people in a totally automated way, so I can plan when and what I have to do.
Also I can structure my email as a project manager. Non relevant, archive or send to a different board to store there.

Simplify my life as I have to work with different poeple all day long and keep tracking of that.

Pros

Flexible.
I have a pretty extensive automated flow that I had in mind and it works perfectly.
But at the same time, for some emails, I just set a simple follow-up or to move to a different board for archiving or priority.

Cons

It's not their fault but sometimes some new addons that you want to have in your chrome, crash or make conflits. But it's the same for everyone.

Response from Gmelius

We really appreciate the review Felipe,

It's great to hear Gmelius is optimizing your workflows. And we look forward to supporting more of the SendGrid team.

Eric D.

Gmail is so much better with Gmelius.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

My favorite benefit is how much cleaner the Gmail UI looks. Are the extra features nice? Sure. Many features you don't even realize until they are GONE. There are many benefits -- but easy of use and "not being noticed" are it's best features.

Pros

I love how it makes Gmail cleaner and nicer to use. It adds some really cool features and keeps me from using an email client.

Cons

Cost. But if I am honest, it's worth the money they are asking. With new features being released all the time, it's cool.

Response from Gmelius

Thanks Eric for your nice words and of course, for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us bring more value to our offering.

All the best,