Showing 110 reviews of 97

Jeremy C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great Benefits Administration Solution for Clients

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Pros

Employee Navigator is constantly updating with requests form the community to enhance their technology and meet the needs of all customers.

Cons

Some of the additional modules, such as onboarding and PTO, cannot compete with other premium solutions in the market.

Denise P.
  • Industry: Information Services

Help your clients; Help your Staff

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Overall, we are in a much better place than 4 years ago before we started using Employee Navigator. We are able to offer our clients a greater opportunity to see and advance their business with the analytics and reporting that EN provides for all of us.

Pros

This software has made our work with our clients more productive. We spend more time concentrating on the important things to benefit current and new clients. We spend less time worrying about the process, and just put our information into the program and let the software and the integrated carriers do the rest. Doing reports is a breeze and helps us as a company and therefore, we can support our clients more fully. Storing and finding documents is a pleasure now. P.S. They have the best support and management staff that I have ever encountered. Thanks to all for your hard work and dedication.

Cons

They have so many great features that it is hard to keep up sometimes. I wish their support articles were listed so that we could see the dates updated when we doing an article search.

Alexa O.

Still Room for Growth and Improvement

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Overall I've really enjoyed Employee Navigator. I see the potential and am excited to see the new product releases every year. It's not a perfect system, but it has saved our agency a lot of time and stress.

Pros

How easy/user friendly the system is, the capabilities and potential for this software and the willingness Employee Navigator has to grow and learn.

Cons

The reporting function could be better. There are a few issues with the flexibility of the system, or customization (which I know takes time and resources). For example being able to require EOI for disability, or rates based off gender. I would like to see additional training that goes a little more in depth. For example with eligibility I don't believe it mentions the 'Set New Hire Complete' in eligibility, yet I had an issue with reporting because of that function.

Jackie P.

Employee Navigator Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

EN has allowed us to improve the benefits enrollment process for many of our clients and reduce they time they spend processing enrollments. The carrier integrations and EDI feeds have reduced errors and streamlined our process.

Pros

Employee Navigator is very easy to use and very customizable. The support team is knowledgeable and provides a quick response with issues and problems. The support site is also updated constantly and provides a lot of information.

Cons

I feel that the onboarding functionality lags behind the market at the present time. Many platforms are able to use fillable forms and store them within the tool. Unfortunately, EN has not reached the point of being able to do this with all forms, and at present is only able to fill and store the W-4.

Bob G.
  • Industry: Insurance

We've moved all of our clients online and will never go back!

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

Pros

We expected to gain client facing efficiencies but have been thrilled with the internal benefits it's had at our agency. We can scale so much more effectively now that we have standardized much of our processes through Employee Navigator. The software allows you to scale the technology used by larger employers into the small/middle market where it is most needed.

Cons

The software is constantly improving but that also comes means it's changing. Staying on top of all the new enhancements and features definitely requires an internal resource dedicated to the task but is worth it in the end.

Deb F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Pros

I have been building Employee Navigator for brokers for almost 4 years and I love how easy it is to use and to teach to other users. Employee Navigator Customer Support is top notch from training webinars to calling in to Support with a question. I always receive quick and friendly service. I also appreciate their willingness to listen to users and update the software as needed.

Cons

It is a rules based system so it can be difficult to manipulate data when exceptions or out of box plan set ups are needed.

Karen F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Pros and Cons from a fairly new user

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Took a little getting used to for me to find information. Still not too "up" on how to run reports, but the co-worker who is savvy about the system will fill me in more when she returns from maternity leave.

Pros

It has the potential for "one stop shopping" for companies to input, track, and amend all manner of data for their employees. And it allows for two-way communication between the employee and employer regarding benefits, time off requests, etc.

Cons

As a benefit counselor, for an employee that only ones or or two items of voluntary benefits, there is a lot to go through to get to that product selection.
As a coordinator, the timely updating of information by the plan administrator is crucial for each company to get the full benefit of Employee Navigator. It takes a commitment from dedicated personnel.

John T.

Employee Navigator cares about its user base!

Reviewed on 2018/01/02

Pros

The pricing model allows us to offer this technology to many of our clients without a significant upfront investment. This provides our clients technology that significantly improves their overall efficiency and allows us to control the client experience.

Cons

I would like to see a more robust approach to testing and quality assurance. This would help us minimize the risk that a system setting has been incorrectly configured.

R. brent B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great User Experience and consistently progressing.

Reviewed on 2018/01/02

Affordable option that scales our systems and make it convenient for our clients.

Pros

Ease of use, constantly upgrading and user friendly. Ability to run multiple reports are amazing at the employer level. The Wall feature allows us to monitor daily activity from a single screen so ability to manage multiple clients is built in.

Cons

The cost increases substantially each year although still a great value. No integration with 401(k) benefits.

Nichole C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Employee Navigator - My hero!

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Perfect! EN makes running the HR side of any business a snap, and makes life as an Insurance agent so easy!!

Pros

I love how user friendly EN is. It is streamlined in design, user friendly and so popular, we offer to set it up and train our clients on how to use it for their day to day business needs.

Cons

I cannot honestly think of anything I do not like about Employee Navigator. EN was built for the insurance industry and is so user friendly, I can't help but to love it.

Joan M.
  • Industry: Insurance

Employee Navigator - Great Company Great Product!!

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Pros

Software is easy to use and EN is always looking for ways to enhance the system. They listen to suggestions users have and work to acommodate the needs of the user. Customer Service is top notch!

Cons

Integrations in the past were clunky. They are getting much more seamless recently.

Alan K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Digitize your book of business

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Pros

Ease to setup clients
GUI
Continual product updates

Cons

Not able to add custom fields or customize most of the text

Best decision!

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

This has simplified and streamlined our work in more ways than we can count!

Cons

There's really nothing negative I can think of! The software is so intuitive!

Terrie S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Other for 1+ year

So helpful!

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

Employee Navigator is so easy to use! It directs you on items that need to be completed and has been a really easy way for employees within our agency to communicate with our HR department with documents and information all in one place. We recently used it for our annual open enrollment and it made the process so much easier. It was even easier than the previous year.

Cons

I have no complaints . I am completely satisfied with this software and wish that we started using it sooner!

Weak features, no access to training

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Horrible. Useless tool that is truly embarrassing for any HR department. It made me think all
HR should be done on paper. That's saying a lot because I work for an IT company.

Pros

There was virtually nothing about this that I found intuitive or ideal. The steps to add a new employee were fairly straightforward

Cons

Navigation through the site was not intuitive.
There are no training videos to teach you how to set up or manage employees.
The time off feature never worked--the number of hours came out wrong for almost all employees & requried a 14 day waiting period from policy creation to activation.
Social security numbers are always visible. I would prefer to have this blacked out unless I chose to see it.
Employees don't receive confirmations of updates to their account. This would be ideal for benefits enrollment.
The email templates were difficult to use. I never quite figured it out.
The admin doesn't get notifications/confirmation when changes are made (terminations, benefits changes, time off requests)

• Industry: Law Practice

Employee Navigator provides a useful tool for tracking employee benefits.

Reviewed on 2019/11/17

Overall, Employee Navigator provides me with a user-friendly tool for accessing my employment benefits information.

Pros

The best aspect of Employee Navigator is the benefits summary. Having quick and easy access to the most important details of my employment benefits is very useful.

Cons

The only issue that I've experienced with Employee Navigator is that some of the information can be difficult to access. Everything is compartmentalized which can be helpful or feel tedious based on what you're looking for.

Employee Navigator is user-friendly

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

Employee Navigator can be customized to meet your company's unique human resource needs. Keep track of your employees PTO, benefits, and other resources all in one spot.

Cons

Although the software is very user-friendly, it is very plain. It would also be nice to have Employee Review information in this portal.

I have had an overall positive experience with Employee Navigator

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I like that I am easily able to put in PTO and sick days in . It is also easy change and update information that I had added in previously.

Cons

I wish that there was a chat in this software so that I could ask my colleagues questions about certain admin information. Specifically HR colleagues.

Persephone R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Employee Navigator is the one stop HR shop!

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Pros

Employee navigator is great!! We recently switched to it for our employee records and on boarding! Everything is amazing!

Cons

Everything is great so far! No cons come to mind!

Scott S.

Long time happy user

Reviewed on 2015/08/20

We've been using rules-based online enrollment and benefits admi software for eleven years now and we are on our third system. We've been with Employee Navigator for four years and we are delighted! The software has become incredibly easy to use even as it has grown deeper and deeper in features. Every one of our group clients is installed on Employee Navigator and we use it for all of our servicing, plus benefits enrollment. It's outstanding.

Kerri S.

Great technology and an affordable solution for electronic enrollment/HRIS system

Reviewed on 2015/06/22

This platform is great and the team at Employee Navigator continues to expand on the tools that continue to make it even better. While there is not a one solution fits all scenario, this comes pretty close for what we use it for. I gave it a four star for overall, because there are still some items that need enhanced to make it a five star. The ease of use and customer service is well beyond a 5 star. I highly recommend this technology.

Robin E.
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Get what you pay for

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

This software was good as a very small company looking for a limited cost option. However it does not provide the functionality needed for a growing company needing in depth reporting capability and customization.

Pros

It was “free” via our insurance broker. Tracks basic employee data. Provides for online enrollment platform.

Cons

It is not sophisticated and has very basic functionality. Very limited customization.

Catalina P.

Great system

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

It has been a very easy to use system. The reports sometimes are a little confusing to create, it has taken me some time.

Jake M.

EN Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Overall it has been great learning and using EN. We often tell our clients it's the "Ferrari" of ben. admin systems and that's because we believe it is. We believe that they have put in the time and research to put out a quality product that, especially for the cost, is great for us and our clients to use. While the system can't do everything, it can do a lot of things and makes administering benefits easier.

Pros

I love the ease of use. As a non-IT professional, it was easy to learn and is easy to build our groups.

Cons

It is a "rules" based system, so there are some functions EN cannot do for what we need.