Showing 22 reviews of 12

newrow_ smart

Next generation virtual classroom platform

5 /5 (12 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Showing 22 reviews of 12
Timothy L.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great Customer Service - Stable Platform

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Support has always been great. He has gone above and beyond to listen and respond to any concerns. The are constantly working on improving the software. Overall - newrow has been a part of our company for years and I look forward to see what they develop next...

Pros

I have been with NewRow for years - back when they were WatchItToo! I loved all the features in the original Adobe Flash Version - but I did not like the time it took to get adobe flash to work on everyone's computers. Then came the Smart Version. I was reluctant at first due to less features - but now I love the stability of the platform and how easy it is for my presenters and participants to connect. It has saved me hours... It just works!

Cons

As of this writing, there are some features I would love to see:
1) Private Chat - So I can communicate with presenter they have 5 minutes left.
2) Branding - the ability to put my logo in a corner so all recordings are branded.
3) How long it takes for the recording to start

I know they are working on adding some of these features soon...

Response from newrow_

Thanks Tim! We are very happy to hear that the move to Newrow Smart has made it super easy for your presenters and participants to join and that you can rest more easily in trusting the stability of the platform. Regarding your feature requests: private chat is coming towards the end of the year along with a whole lot more, branding is available but we'll see how we can add even more branding elements, time to record will be quicker shortly, too. Overall, you're right, we take your feedback seriously and look forward to collaborating with you in the years to come!

Lisa a. S.

New Row is Our Online Classroom Hero!

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Online access to our global community in a whole new way! Educating women across the globe is extremely important to us.

Pros

Customer Service is #1. The team is on top of communications, clarifications and has been kind since day one. The tech is on POINT! As someone who has been using the internet since 1992, this technology blows all other online classrooms out of the water. Favorite features: Breakout sessions, easy to access video and audio, ability to interact LIVE with students anywhere in the world, easy use of different files in the playlist, playable youtube videos, always upgrading always on top of customer requests. LOVE THEM!!!

Cons

Not available on apple products like iPads and iPhones :(
Audio gets blown out a bit when presenter is presenting
No ability to have side by side presenters - yet
*REALLY* wishing for a payment gateway to enter option (this would be amazing!!)
Integration with our software needs to be built out
Chat is hard to see if there is playlist and member list open. Not sure if there's anything that can be done there.

Response from newrow_

Wow! Thank you Lisa. We'll have to get fitted for our cape ;-) We really are absolutely thrilled to be helping you educate women across the globe in a whole new way. iOS support and our iOS apps will be coming a little later this summer (2018). Definitely excited to get that in your hands!

Olga F.

newrow is a very creative, professional, friendly and supportive team

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

We've started teaching children using this product

Pros

Great friendly design, simplicity for users, easy to use the platform, fast tech support, willingness to accommodate our new specific requests

Cons

There are some more features needed to be added as an editor for whiteboard, option to move files and folders but we believe newrow plans to do it

Response from newrow_

Thank you for the your kind words Olga! It is our pleasure to collaborate with you, your administrators, teachers and students. Your willingness to provide feedback enables us to continue to deliver an amazing virtual classroom experience. We look forward to supporting SchoolPlus as your online classes continue to grow!

Fabio F.

Newrow is great! We use it daily for our lessons and our experience could not be any better

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

Great video/audio quality
Great tools for teaching: seamless screensharing and easy to use live annotation on slides

Cons

The chat system could be improved with audio and visual feedback on messages received
Links on slides are not clickable

Response from newrow_

Amazing! Just thrilled that we are able to be a part of your program, Fabio! We are totally impressed with what you are doing and look forward to helping you grow even more! You are going to love the new chat system we have underway - notifications, reactions, polling, topics, replies and Q&A's.

Cristina G.

Very much satisfied.

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

This virtual classroom app is highly recommended. I'm glad I have found it.

Pros

Newrow_smart is so light that I can write and play videos seamlessly.
I have decided to switch to Newrow_smart as it is also very convenient for my students to enter the virtual classroom. It also has playlist feature that can help me organize my lessons.

Cons

I believe they are coming up with the scheduling feature and that will make Newrow a perfect virtual classroom.

Response from newrow_

Yeah! We're glad you have found us :-) We are absolutely planning on adding a scheduling feature, so plan on perfection coming! As an ESL Teacher, I think you will really appreciate our Notes tool as well. With Notes, you can write out key vocabulary and your students see what you type as you type it. After the lesson, students can even download a branded PDF version of the notes to study from.

Calvin C.

A super user-friendly and comprehensive software system for online teaching/learning

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the software and their Product Manager has been extremely helpful and supportive. I would highly recommend this software to any online language schools!

Pros

It's very easy to use and everything seems very straightforward, so you don't really need to be a techie in order to understand how it works. The system also offers plenty of features that encourage interaction and collaboration between teacher-students and student-student.

Cons

It doesn't work perfectly on iPads and sometimes it can take a while to upload teaching materials.

Response from newrow_

We're very happy to hear your feedback. Our mission is to provide the easiest online learning platform to help you deliver engaging online instruction. We will continue to support you and your school's efforts as well as deliver an amazing online learning solution.

Adina S.

I am happy, that I found newrow!

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

I am teaching German to our employees in Brazil and Germany and we are overall happy with newrow! We always see and hear each other well, the features are working and are easy to use and the customization makes it more our own.
Overall newrow is for me a more professional way to teach and learn within a business environment.

Pros

I was searching for a platform to teach students all over the world. I was searching for something special, that offers more specialized features for teaching groups online then skype or google hangouts and found newrow! I like to work with newrow, because it´s features reflect my needs as a teacher as well as the needs of my students:

1. As it is browser based my students do not need to install anything on their devices and can join from everywhere.
2. I can leave documents for download on the on demand platform, so students, who were missing the class, have access to the documents we used in class.
3. With the playlist I do not loose time with searching for documents I need for the class. I just have them there in the right order.

Cons

What appeared as less useful is, that I am not able to use the features at the same time. For example, I like to share my screen to work with our online book and in between explain some topics using the board. For this I need to stop sharing and open the board, what cost time. It would be nice, if I could switch more easily.

Response from newrow_

We're happy that you found Newrow, too! Language learning is a great use case for virtual classrooms. You are able to connect your employees in one virtual room so that they can see one another, engage with you (the instructor) and themselves. By utilizing the on-demand courses in combination with the live classroom, you are really covering the full cycle of learning. That's just awesome!

Guy M.

Smooth and easy to use product that gives me many different tools to help me communicate...

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

This product made it extremely easy and fast for me to connect to clients all over the world without having to worry about technical issues and set up time. The ability to share videos, presentations, my desktop and even an interactive whiteboard lets me find better ways to communicate my message. Recording the sessions also was a great way to review my presentations and improve. In addition, the recordings saved me a lot of time since the participant was able to re-watch them instead of asking me again.
With multiple participants, we are able to recreate a classroom setting where everyone was asking questions and interacting. Something until now that I was very unhappy with on other platforms.
Every time I use this product, I am discovering new tools. In addition, their customer support was so responsive and personal. Something very rare in the online software applications market in my experience.

Cons

I would love the ability to have an option to zoom in and out for all the participants. Right now, each person has their own zoom controls according to their needs. They always seem to be adding new features, so I am sure this is on the way as well.

Response from newrow_

Awesome, Guy! We're very happy to hear that we're able to help you connect with clients wherever they are in the world and most importantly we are thrilled that, with Newrow, you are able to recreate the classroom setting online. Amazing! Thank you for your feedback and keep it coming :-) You are right that much more is on the way.

Dov R.

After I tried most solutions offered in the market for virtual class, newrow is the best by...

Reviewed on 2018/05/27

Breakout Rooms, No software installation needed, work great with low bandwidth, by it simplicity and cost effective Business Plan I'm sure newrow will lead the virtual class market in the short term. Thank you Newrow to let my business grow all over the world!!!

Pros

I train Therapists using newrow solution, it allow me to interact with them as we are sitting in the same room. They practice therapeutic methods using newrow Breakout Rooms. No software installation needed, work great with low bandwidth, really easy to manage and the best cost effective solution in the market.

Cons

Use Newrow for the last 6 months not cons found. I got some request to customer support and they provide me with a solution after a few minutes. Amaizing!!

Response from newrow_

Incredible, thank you Dov! It is such a pleasure for us to be serving your needs and helping you grow your business all over the world. We love to hear that the therapists you train are able to practice the methods they learn in class utilizing the breakout room feature. Looking forward to our continued collaboration!

Rachel H.

This system is easy to use , no technical problems , very good.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

I can start new activity in the organization

Pros

The system enable me to consult and train clients very easily. It is flexible and adaptable to our needs. It has good solutions to most of our professional needs.

Cons

I miss few features like reminders, I can find solution to that by using other complementary systems.

Response from newrow_

Thank you Rachel! It is really great to hear that Newrow Smart enables you to easily consult and train your clients. We agree that reminders can definitely be useful. We have some ideas and can share them with you shortly :-)

Carmine P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

An easy platform that is very useful. An incredible customer support

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

Usability, easy to use, interaction with students and connectivity from different sites with different configurations

Cons

No problems with the platform. Newrow is working on different updates starting from our needs, coming from experience

Response from newrow_

Thank you Carmine! We are dedicated to providing you a platform that enables you to collaborate with staff and customers in different sites with different security requirements. We look forward to continuing to to support you and delivering you even more features to help make your online training even more effective and impactful!

Shiraz A.

The webinar we did was flawless, we used various features and the participants gave great...

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Ease of use, many features, flawless session, great customer support.

Pros

Its pure Web, good look&feel, easy to connect to, no communication issues and has the ability to provide administrator control easily to assist with managing the session online. The customer Service of Newrow is great and they answer any question and provide explanations and support when needed.

Cons

Since the platform has many features it has a learning curve that takes some short practice, and then it all goes smoothly.

Response from newrow_

Thank you Shiraz! You and your team are webinar pro's now. We are happy to provide you great customer service and are excited to hear your feedback. We're doing a lot to make the platform even easier and provide as much information for everyone to be able to hit the ground running. We even created a Newrow Training Course accessible to every Newrow user. Just sign in to your Newrow Smart account > Click Learning Center > Select Newrow Training Course.