Splashtop Remote Support

4,5 (80)
Remote support for MSPs, IT service providers & helpdesks

Jessica G.

I used to Recommend TeamViewer, NOW its all about Splashtop!

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

I came from using Teamviewer, i will never go back. Splashtop is honestly perfect to use.

Pros

I loved the easiness of just having a username and password to access my computer, i used to use TEAMVIEWER, and of course we needed the IP address, so some unique number, if not forget it you are out of luck ... this is so much easier and user friendly. Plus, totally inexpensive.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to maneuver at first, trying to get the screen to fit was the worse, i eventually got it and it works fine,

Adriaan V.

An excellent LogMeIn replacement

Reviewed on 2021/05/01

With Splashtop Remote Support we can effectively manage both our own PCs and servers, as well as that of our clients remotely. The switch from LogMeIn went smoothly, and we've found that the remote support sessions connect far quicker and are more reliable than LogMeIn. Overall we are very satisfied with Splashtop and glad that we've made the switch.

Pros

Easy setup
Quick and stable remote connections
Security features
Easy to learn and administer
Low bandwidth requirements
Anti-malware integration

Cons

Rollout via Active Directory is a bit tricky, but doable
Only the main admin user is able to create delegated admin accounts

LogMeIn Central, GoToMyPC and TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

We've used LogMeIn Free, then LogMeIn Central for many years. However, LogMeIn wrote to us a couple of years ago intending to more than double the price we were paying. So we looked at alternatives, and Splashtop came out on top for functionality and price. After a two week free trial we were satisfied that Splashtop was the way to go.

Ease of use Lots of useful features Pricing
Dan G.

A good piece of software, although it's bare-bones and a bit slow in comparison with others.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Splashtop has a good price point and is decent entry-level remote control software, although there are alternatives that perform better. It's hard to beat the price, though. Test a few before you decide.

Pros

Super simple to deploy, with support for Macs and PCs. It integrates very well with programs like Autotask, making it very easy to connect to a managed computer that you are also monitoring with Autotask Endpoint Management. Lightweight, small program that is very quick to install.

Cons

In our testing it ran slower than LogMeIn and Teamviewer. There weren't as many options to decrease the resolution to increase network speed, although they may have added that feature as we used this about a year ago. We had trouble connecting to PCs that were in portrait mode, and wouldn't switch to Landscape mode without crashing on some systems.

Daniel S.

Finally, Remote Access with a Smile

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

I haven't needed to contact support very much but each time I have they have been quick to help. More than anything in the IT world speed is paramount, these guys are good.

Pros

Functionality across pretty much everything. Fast set up. Secure approval for new machines / users, even down to me having to verify who I am on a regular basis - no trouble, reflects the changing IP's.

Cons

The software working through the app is sometimes a little less than smooth. It still works well but could see some improvement.

Zendesk, Dameware and TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

LogMeIn while providing a heavyweight piece of software were exorbitantly expensive. Massive price hikes every year. Why did I put up with them for so long? Fear of having a major headache in transitioning all clients to a different product.

LogMeIn Rescue

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop Remote Support

I enquired with many companies, those are just a few that come to mind. The easiest and most useful help was from Splahtop. They gave me a full trial, extended that trial and then helped in the move from LogMeIn to the Splashtop product. All the way through I had regular email communications checking all was going well. Very satisfied customer.
Dave O.

Replaced LogMeIn Central and Integrates with Datto RMM

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Connecting to a Splashtop cleint is very fast. I also like how it gives a pop up when we connect/disconnect

Pros

What I like most about the software it s the cost! The cost is amazing compared to what we had with Central. We have close to 500 Machines using the RMM and Splashtop direct.

Cons

When using with Integrated RMM you cant drag and drop files or print. Would like the remote printer to just re-direct the printers instead of having to ad the XPS Viewer.

Don B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent alternative for Logmein Central Users

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Lower our yearly cost for remote support - and add remote support for MAC users

Pros

Easy to use and easy to implement (install new remote clients was easy)

Cons

Not having an easier way to switch focus from remote desktop to my desktop when assisting someone with SOS remote agent.

TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

Yearly cost kept on going up up up.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop Remote Support

Best overall experience from start to finish with a new vendor in over 10 years. They were exceptionally helpful during trial period and have not been disappointed since switching to them.
Ryan H.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Value and Support!

Reviewed on 2020/08/01

While the Remote Support product is pretty easy to figure out, there were a few questions along the way. The support team was very responsive - I used email and chat options.

Pros

We reviewed several products for our company and Splashtop handled our primary needs for supporting our workstations remotely. One of the biggest pros was the inclusion of the employee remote access to their PC's - especially during these WFH times! We ended up saving a substantial amount of money due to the consolidation of IT Remote Support tool and the Employee Remote Access into one product.

Cons

I wish there were more alerts and reporting available, as well as more information provided for each workstation.

Microsoft Teams and TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

Was looking for an a more robust and cost effective method. This consolidated two products into one.

GoToMyPC

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop Remote Support

One product built into one and the price was perfect - especially for the size of our organization (75 employees)
Jon H.

Great tool for managing and supporting PCs remotely

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

We were using a tool which did not provide elevated permissions on computers which meant some troubleshooting or installation of software remotely was very difficult as we couldn't enter administrator credentials.

Pros

The ease of setup and connecting to a PC for elevated remote support. Features such as chat and file transfer are certainly bonuses.

Cons

Occasionally the antivirus add-on bitdefender has trouble deploying to PCs and that integration could be built out better but overall it's hard to complain at the price.

Price. Logmein Central was more than twice the cost
Drew L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great Value for the money for a remoting solution

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

I recommend it for cheap/smaller environments that just need simple remoting more than RDP can provide, but I wouldn't use this in an enterprise environment.

Pros

It is cheap and easy to license. The remoting itself is painless and works well, even in situations where internet connection is a bit... murky. Features are slick and well-designed, easy to access. Works great on desktop and phone/tablet solutions. Installer is great and can be automated in a windows environment.

Cons

It lacks some of the "big boy" features that other remoting softwares can provide, but those cost heaps more money. Support is basically a knowledge base, which is lacking, but honestly enough because it's pretty stable.

Manny P.

Great Remote Support

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Would recommend and I had nothing bad to say about this company besides that they can add more features like their competitors.

Pros

I have used this software several times for remote support and was impressed on the various devices that it supports. With a few clicks you on a user's computer.

Cons

The software could be improved and I wish they had an area to add scripts to make remote support easier to do.

Response from Splashtop

Glad you're enjoying Splashtop Remote Support.

We're working on scripts features for our upcoming Remote Support Premium edition. You can get more info and early access by clicking the Premium option on the Splashtop Remote Support web page.

Matt I.

Robust Remote Support

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Any time I have contacted support with a question they were always fast, friendly, and helpful. I haven't needed to contact them about any major issues because it performs like it is supposed to and has never given me any trouble.

Pros

Splashtop was incredibly easy to setup, and is very user friendly. It has all of the features we need and offers features we didn't think we would use but they turned out to be a great bonus to have.

Cons

When it comes to Pro/Cons, there are no cons with Splasthtop. There are a few minor features that would be nice to have, like seeing the user activity status on the main screen of the business app, and we have submitted feature requests, hopefully they will be added in an upcoming product update.

Mike B.

Great Remote Support for IT.

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

I wish I knew about it earlier. They should advertise better especially to IT professionals. LogMeIn was good but they started charging way too much.

Pros

Splashtop helps me in the ability to remote into my PC's without having the user do anything as it loads a small app on the PC that I can see when its online and remote in at will. It also has the ability to let me into any PC that can get on the internet and provide a number that will allow me to get in giving me even more PC's I can access remotely. The price if very affordable for what this can do, it also has a function to chat and do file transfers so it’s a full remote support software. I can access this on my iPhone to remote into PCs as well giving me the ability to do support anywhere and anytime. They supply updates regularly to keep it running in tip top shape.

Cons

There is not much it can't do. As long as they fix bugs that come up sometimes, and they do, its all good.

Albert P.

Great Functionality and better bang for buck against Teamviewer

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

I'm an MSP providing support to small to medium size businesses, I need a cost effective, reliable mobile support tool for all operating systems and Splashtop does it for me. I moved from Teamviewer as it was expensive and cumbersome and wasn't able to support me with a solution unique to my business.

Pros

Easy to use, better screen render than teamviewer, easy to install and great admin controls. Also allowed me to distribute and manage remote administrators.

Cons

does not work on Linux well. Sometimes it does not work and no reason for connection issues. but quick reboot of streamer and the problem is sorted.

Ludovic R.

Efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

The most interesting in this software is how that is efficient and easy to install and make all needed setups.
After, of course the price compare to equivalent platform is unrivaled.
With the deploy app process is very easy to install on all machine with a minimum configuration needed.
The view on all machines reachable is efficient and easy to setup to give access different machines (users, groups...)
Of course, there are several improvements needed but the basic functions are already impressive, efficient, and work how they are supposed to work.

Cons

Currently, no bad points, splashtop works like a charm.

Shawn B.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Splashtop Remote Support

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Overall great features, great support, great pricing.

Pros

All pros. I moved our company from LogMeIn Central to Splashtop and couldn't be happier. Super easy to setup, deploy, and maintain. Cost was a driving factor and it fit well into my budgetary guidelines...very affordable in the realm of remote support tools.

Cons

No cons to speak of. It has met our needs and has done so well in the 2 years we've been using Splashtop.

Eli H.

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

I was looking for a reasonably priced remote support solution that also enabled me to have clients use the same software to access their computers as well. Once the COVID hit this software enabled me to access smaller clients that did not have any remote access abilities to continue to provide support.

Pros

The ability to create specific installation files with specific configurations for specific clients. Also the ability to create users that can only access certain groups of computers. Set up was super easy and support is accessible and knowledgable.

Cons

The printing functionality is a bit cumbersome. But it works.

Makes Remote Support Easy

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

It's invaluable to my job as a customer support agent. I love using it and it makes things very simple.

Pros

It's not too clunky, it has a simple interface, and it's at a very affordable price point for small businesses.

Cons

The default option is to not show the remote cursor, which makes it difficult if you are working with a customer and forget to turn it on beforehand.

Coy I.
  • Industry: Accounting

Don’t Waste your money on Logmein, buy this!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Excellent, Reasonable priced for a package, works like I need it, just don’t change your packages and we will happy.

Pros

Ability to purchase 25 users at a reasonable price so I can access clients without them having to purchase an expensive remote access software.

Cons

No complaints. I don’t know anything to mention here.

• Industry: Insurance

Easy and affordable remote support

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Splashtop has been a near perfect solution for our internal support needs. Every workstation in our organization can be accessed to provide support. With multiple locations and remote users it has been one of our best/most valuable support tools.

Pros

Easy and customizable deployment, runs as a service on remote station, client automatically updates, mobile friendly interface.
Can also create security groups for others accessing remote stations and control/limit access by group.

Cons

Access is to the desktop only, would be nice to have access to services, task manager, and system updates without logging in to desktop.
System resource usage seems a little excessive during the remote session.

Michael D.

Very Good Product!

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

This is a very good product and it is very-well priced. I use both this product and TeamViewer. It has almost all the same remote support features, and it connects very smoothly.

Also, the best distinguishing feature is the deployment setup. It makes it very easy to configure one deployment and deploy it on several computers.

The ONLY issue I have a problem with (and this is big to me) is that there is a slight lag whilst already connected. I use the software side-by-side with TeamViewer and the time to send commands, typing, mouse clicks, etc. is significantly longer than with TeamViewer. This is the only thing keeping me from FULLY committing to a premium subscription to Splashtop. I hope that this can be improved, because otherwise this is a very good produce.

Pros

I liked the multi-monitor support the most and also the deployment methods

Cons

I do not like the lag in the connection when sending typing and mouse clicks to remote computer

Kyle S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Remote support company using Splashtop for supporting users

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Overall, we are happy with splashtop. It is relatively inexpensive and it is very easy for our customers to user

Pros

The software is very easy for our customers to use. The download file automatically downloads and opens the file onto their computer. From there they just give us a code and we can access their PC

Cons

It would be nice to have more chatting and voice features built into the software. It also only allows one user to access someone desktop at a time. For example, if we have two remote support users working on the same ticket it would be nice for both to be able to view the customers computer

Sabrina C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Can't get easier than this.

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

I've loved this software as soon as we started using it. It is easy to find servers you want to remotly connect to... You can save the credentials so the program will automatically open that server for you next time. It is fast and it's super easy to use. Organized and tidy.

Cons

When you make the toolbar on top dissappear it's hard to know how to get it back to close the remote control window!.

Matthew F.

Great remote desktop software with incredible features!

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Being able to control my devices from a distance especially when you are trying to troubleshoot a problem.

Pros

At times, I would be at home or on the road and need a file or documents from my work PC and this software makes it quite easy to access my devices over the net. it also allows me to access them via mobile device

Cons

The only issues i have is how it works when there is a poor internet connection. Tho this isn't an issue with the software but id rather it prompt me with the error notification much quicker than just lagging which would eventually result in me restarting the application multiple times

Carl T.

Low cost IT remote support product

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

We are happy with the price-feature mix up of this product.

Pros

This is the most cost effective replacement we have found to logmein. Once Logmein raised prices after being purchased by Cisco we looked for alternatives. Splashtop allows us to install on 500+ computers, and can have multiple support agents logged in simultaneously when collaborating to solve a problem. We can even

Cons

Software is easy/intuitive to use, the client is great. The web interface is a bit dated, could use a face lift, but we rarely use it. The client interface works well.

Jeremy W.
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy to use, user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Overall my experience with Splashtop has been a good one. Easy to use, user friendly, and inexpensive way to remotely access your PC from anywhere.

Pros

Ease of use- Set up is a breeze and getting support from anywhere is easy and inexpensive

Cons

It isn’t free, you do have to pay if you want to remotely access computer FROM OUTSIDE OF YOUR WIFI CONNECTION. Meaning only if you’ll want to access your computer from say...work or school. You have to pay for a subscription.