Splashtop Remote Support Reviews

4.5/5 (45 reviews)
Daniel S.

Finally, Remote Access with a Smile

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

I haven't needed to contact support very much but each time I have they have been quick to help. More than anything in the IT world speed is paramount, these guys are good.

Pros

Functionality across pretty much everything. Fast set up. Secure approval for new machines / users, even down to me having to verify who I am on a regular basis - no trouble, reflects the changing IP's.

Cons

The software working through the app is sometimes a little less than smooth. It still works well but could see some improvement.

Dave O.

Replaced LogMeIn Central and Integrates with Datto RMM

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Connecting to a Splashtop cleint is very fast. I also like how it gives a pop up when we connect/disconnect

Pros

What I like most about the software it s the cost! The cost is amazing compared to what we had with Central. We have close to 500 Machines using the RMM and Splashtop direct.

Cons

When using with Integrated RMM you cant drag and drop files or print. Would like the remote printer to just re-direct the printers instead of having to ad the XPS Viewer.

Don B.

Excellent alternative for Logmein Central Users

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Lower our yearly cost for remote support - and add remote support for MAC users

Pros

Easy to use and easy to implement (install new remote clients was easy)

Cons

Not having an easier way to switch focus from remote desktop to my desktop when assisting someone with SOS remote agent.

Mike B.

Great Remote Support for IT.

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

I wish I knew about it earlier. They should advertise better especially to IT professionals. LogMeIn was good but they started charging way too much.

Pros

Splashtop helps me in the ability to remote into my PC's without having the user do anything as it loads a small app on the PC that I can see when its online and remote in at will. It also has the ability to let me into any PC that can get on the internet and provide a number that will allow me to get in giving me even more PC's I can access remotely. The price if very affordable for what this can do, it also has a function to chat and do file transfers so it’s a full remote support software. I can access this on my iPhone to remote into PCs as well giving me the ability to do support anywhere and anytime. They supply updates regularly to keep it running in tip top shape.

Cons

There is not much it can't do. As long as they fix bugs that come up sometimes, and they do, its all good.

Drew L.

Great Value for the money for a remoting solution

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

I recommend it for cheap/smaller environments that just need simple remoting more than RDP can provide, but I wouldn't use this in an enterprise environment.

Pros

It is cheap and easy to license. The remoting itself is painless and works well, even in situations where internet connection is a bit... murky. Features are slick and well-designed, easy to access. Works great on desktop and phone/tablet solutions. Installer is great and can be automated in a windows environment.

Cons

It lacks some of the "big boy" features that other remoting softwares can provide, but those cost heaps more money. Support is basically a knowledge base, which is lacking, but honestly enough because it's pretty stable.

Coy I.

Don’t Waste your money on Logmein, buy this!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Excellent, Reasonable priced for a package, works like I need it, just don’t change your packages and we will happy.

Pros

Ability to purchase 25 users at a reasonable price so I can access clients without them having to purchase an expensive remote access software.

Cons

No complaints. I don’t know anything to mention here.

Easy and affordable remote support

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Splashtop has been a near perfect solution for our internal support needs. Every workstation in our organization can be accessed to provide support. With multiple locations and remote users it has been one of our best/most valuable support tools.

Pros

Easy and customizable deployment, runs as a service on remote station, client automatically updates, mobile friendly interface.
Can also create security groups for others accessing remote stations and control/limit access by group.

Cons

Access is to the desktop only, would be nice to have access to services, task manager, and system updates without logging in to desktop.
System resource usage seems a little excessive during the remote session.

Michael D.

Very Good Product!

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

This is a very good product and it is very-well priced. I use both this product and TeamViewer. It has almost all the same remote support features, and it connects very smoothly.

Also, the best distinguishing feature is the deployment setup. It makes it very easy to configure one deployment and deploy it on several computers.

The ONLY issue I have a problem with (and this is big to me) is that there is a slight lag whilst already connected. I use the software side-by-side with TeamViewer and the time to send commands, typing, mouse clicks, etc. is significantly longer than with TeamViewer. This is the only thing keeping me from FULLY committing to a premium subscription to Splashtop. I hope that this can be improved, because otherwise this is a very good produce.

Pros

I liked the multi-monitor support the most and also the deployment methods

Cons

I do not like the lag in the connection when sending typing and mouse clicks to remote computer

Matthew F.

Great remote desktop software with incredible features!

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Being able to control my devices from a distance especially when you are trying to troubleshoot a problem.

Pros

At times, I would be at home or on the road and need a file or documents from my work PC and this software makes it quite easy to access my devices over the net. it also allows me to access them via mobile device

Cons

The only issues i have is how it works when there is a poor internet connection. Tho this isn't an issue with the software but id rather it prompt me with the error notification much quicker than just lagging which would eventually result in me restarting the application multiple times

Carl T.

Low cost IT remote support product

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

We are happy with the price-feature mix up of this product.

Pros

This is the most cost effective replacement we have found to logmein. Once Logmein raised prices after being purchased by Cisco we looked for alternatives. Splashtop allows us to install on 500+ computers, and can have multiple support agents logged in simultaneously when collaborating to solve a problem. We can even

Cons

Software is easy/intuitive to use, the client is great. The web interface is a bit dated, could use a face lift, but we rarely use it. The client interface works well.

Marsha J.

We can as a teams remotely access own computers and shared computers with any device.

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

You can access a computer that you've previously installed on from any computer that has an internet connection through their browser. There is nothing to install on the computer you are accessing from. To set up this is easy run the software on the computer you wish to be able to access, and set the software to allow accessing that computer from the Internet.

Pros

The ability to access teams remotely access own computers and shared computers with any device. MSP, IT professionals, service providers, and helpdesks can remotely support their clients, computers and provide them with remote access. I like that about the applications

Cons

Continue to develop and improve on the application. Its is a challenge to access a computer that you've previously installed on from any computer that has an internet connection through their browser. There is nothing to install on the computer you are accessing from.

Manny P.

Great Remote Support

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Would recommend and I had nothing bad to say about this company besides that they can add more features like their competitors.

Pros

I have used this software several times for remote support and was impressed on the various devices that it supports. With a few clicks you on a user's computer.

Cons

The software could be improved and I wish they had an area to add scripts to make remote support easier to do.

Response from Splashtop

Glad you're enjoying Splashtop Remote Support.

We're working on scripts features for our upcoming Remote Support Premium edition. You can get more info and early access by clicking the Premium option on the Splashtop Remote Support web page.

5.0/10
Gary H.

Works like a charm

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I help people use QuickBooks, and a lot of times they just need a quick screen share for a simple problem.

Pros

It is very easy to implement, especially for SOS support.

Cons

I wish it were easier to use remote printing.

Brian F.

Cheaper than LogMeIn

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Have access to monitor over 500 computers using the software.

Pros

Provides all of the same features as LogMeIn for a much cheaper price. Supports dual monitor viewing, remote reboot/safe-mode controls, file transfer, remote printing and pretty much anything else that you'd need in a pinch.

Cons

None, it is reliable and never had issues with setup, installs, or remote connections.

Nathan R.

For the price you can't get a better software.

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

The price was what made me look at this software.
For the price it is a really good software.
I can connect to my computers remotely and manage without problems.

Pros

Splashtop impressed me because the price is not high, they are always improving and the speed of connection is awesome.
The first time I tried it I played a video on the remote computer and I was able to watch and hear it fine.
It does what its supposed to do, let you remotely connect to a computer in order to manage it.
The price is great.

Cons

This is a very good software but it lacks a lot of the things others (that are way more expensive mind you) have.
Sometimes the software won't update automatically at the remote computer and sometimes computers just won't be reachable anymore.

James C.

Splashtop is a Great Remote Software for IT and MSP's

Reviewed on 2018/04/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall this product is great and is a asset that brings tremendous value.

Pros

Cost is low compared to alternatives and the features are rich enough to support customers remotely and get the job done.

Cons

Wish they would integrate everything into one instead of having to purchase blocks of pc's and having to purchase on-demand separately.

Splashtop is a great way to do remote support

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Haven't had to use support more than just adding licensing at times and they were great

Pros

The software was very competitively priced and easy to deploy and use and has made us so much more effective at assisting our remote users.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet we don't like about this software

Brian K.

Best price compared to the other top remote paid services.

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Extremely affordable and full function user-ability for anyone.

Pros

Easy to install and setup, unattended access for weekly or monthly maintenance schedules, data file transfer, and customer devices database with option to rename device feature.

Cons

None that I can think of, other than I Wish the SOS was free, as some of my older customers have trouble installing programs to begin with.

Chris O.

By far the best remote desktop experience

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Easy remote support

Pros

Easiest to use, and integrates directly with Autotask. Software rarely has any hiccups and provides an excellent interface.

Cons

Don't actually have any issues with the software, other than the fact it can be a little resource heavy. Tend to see 20-40% resource usage by splashtop application during use, otherwise minimal impact.

Dan G.

A good piece of software, although it's bare-bones and a bit slow in comparison with others.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Splashtop has a good price point and is decent entry-level remote control software, although there are alternatives that perform better. It's hard to beat the price, though. Test a few before you decide.

Pros

Super simple to deploy, with support for Macs and PCs. It integrates very well with programs like Autotask, making it very easy to connect to a managed computer that you are also monitoring with Autotask Endpoint Management. Lightweight, small program that is very quick to install.

Cons

In our testing it ran slower than LogMeIn and Teamviewer. There weren't as many options to decrease the resolution to increase network speed, although they may have added that feature as we used this about a year ago. We had trouble connecting to PCs that were in portrait mode, and wouldn't switch to Landscape mode without crashing on some systems.

3.0/10

Good option for small IT business

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/06

One of the problems I have run into with other remote software programs is that the program will go dormant on my end when the operation on the far end is trying to execute a task that requires admin credentials, but I do not have that issue with Splashtop. I am able to get programs updated, and I can access all of the files that are stored on the local hard drives, as well as access the company NAS drive.

Pros

I manage a small office's computer systems, and Splashtop is perfect for what I need. I am able to remotely connect to any computer within this office's network to run update. make sure backups are being performed, and monitor antivirus programs. Setting up the client software on opposite was also very easy, and the security involved is very manageable.

Cons

Like I said, this software is perfect for my needs, but I could see how this may be lacking in some features for a larger operation.

Andrew N.

Great unattended remote access tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Very good software, fast and very stable. Never had an issue where unattended remote connection would not work, freeze or crash (assuming good network connection is in place). All the core features are working as expected such as multi monitor support, file transfer, chat window. Overall, we're very satisfied with this solution.

Pros

Price, ease of use, good support and sales team.

Cons

Really nothing to complain about. The feature set is limited, but you cannot beat it for the price. If you need all the bells and whistles, then go with LMI.

Great tool for remote support of applications and users.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

Screen refresh rate is great. File transfer easy to use. Engineers have easy to use desktop application with all the remote computers.

Cons

Copy / past not always working, reconnecting to the client can resolve this issue. Missing a button with CTRL+ESC.

Tons of value for the price

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Since changing to Splashtop, our support team has been very satisfied.

Pros

I find Splashtop to be the most value for the price when it comes to remote support tools. The software is very reliable, updated frequently, and easy for end users to use.

Cons

The user interface can feel outdated, and connections can sometimes take a very long time to initiate.

Justin M.

Generally positive. Use for remote work. Need better multi-monitor features.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Provides a secure, managed and fast tool for allowing staff to remotely connect to work machines from any computer.

Pros

We like the management capabilities, the speed of the product and ease of use. Most of all we like that it performs smoothly with live rendering and video where other remote connection tools are jumpy or laggy.

Cons

The multi-monitor functions are clunky. Please develop the ability to break out the two monitors into separate windows so each remote window can be put on a separate monitor on the side you're connecting from. Many staff members at our company are requesting this.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Justin. Thanks for the review. Multi-to-multi monitor support is coming soon.