Forecast

A full-suite alternative to point project mgmt solutions

4,6
4,5
4,4
4,4
4,7
Gordon H.

Really good software

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

increased staff efficiency , better communication with clients and delivering projects smoother within budgets

Pros

I trailed around 7/8 different project management softwares over a 6-month period, the main problem was i needed both project management and resource management which proved really hard to find. Either one was good at one and not the other etc but finding forecast really dealt with all my needs and although its taken 6 months to get all the data in and staff using effectively, the benefits have been fantastic. Projects are running smoother and we can control the budgets better.

Cons

There isnt much i find wrong with this software and the team are really good at taking on board our ideas and requests, i think the scheduling could be improved a little, but the forecast team are always looking to improve on a great product and im sure they will continue to improve.

Industry: Computer Software

They have a huge potential

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

It has features that I couldn't find in any other service. Such as being able to manage reasorces across multiple projects, but not just by task also in high level

Cons

Not fully "baked" yet. A lot of small bugs and missing some small nice to have features

Vimal P.

Big Fan of Forecast

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

Working with Forecast has been absolutely delightful. Inga our support / account manager is so good at explaining and getting more out of Forecast. Just based on this I would highly recommend Forecast

Pros

As a business owner, Forecast gives me real time project information and gives great insight on project include on time and on budget!

Cons

It's a lot to get your head around in one hit, but over the course of a few months everything starts to make sense.

Raya S.

Great Experience So Far

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/11/13

The team at Forecast have been and continue to be a dream to deal with. They have already shown their willingness to implement some of the ideas and missing functionality we were looking for even though we have not yet taken up the product and are still making decisions. I am confident if we did go ahead with Forecast our voice would be heard and they would work with us to get the platform in place and implemented in a smooth, friendly, and professional manner, which has been my experience to date. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular has been extremely helpful with no question / ask of us being too much trouble.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, user-friendly and the look and feel is simple and gives the clearest view of the studio, who is available, who has time, who does not and what are they working on.
The project set-up, platform for scoping and the ability to set each team with their own capacity is brilliant and only compliments an already great offering in the world of team, project and capacity management.

Cons

I don't have any negatives just now, but we are in an extended trial period and so we are still decision making on whether or not this will be the right tool for our purpose.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

I actually enjoy doing my timesheets

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

it is great to have individual task commenting. keeps the slack channels clean from mulitple project specific topics. It helps bridge the gap between PM's, designers and developers.

Pros

Timesheets are beautifully layed out, easy to add to (even from within tasks) and easy to add notes to specific tasks.

Predictive tasks when adding to timesheets is great.
Filters on project pages to see only your tasks, or only certain tasks filtered by tags is neat.

Nice integrations and full REST API is a nice addition. have yet to experiment with it, but could hold some awesome potential for custom integrations.

Cons

Because it is still a heavily developing application the UI changes every so often so you have to re-familiarise yourself with how it works.

Jon T.

Brilliant and Intuitive Product

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Fantastic. The customer service has been tremendous. A pleasure to deal with.

Pros

Simple, straightforward and easy to implement. Intuitive, thoughtful layout and architecture that is seamless and easy to use. No need for timely project management investment or to rework agency structure to fit the tool. A perfect solution.

Cons

Could be opportunity to improve UX for project or task briefing similar to that of Monday.com. But it's not a huge issue. For non-billable time. On the Budget section for projects, it would be nice if there could be totals for each Milestone across the lifespan of the project instead of a lump total. This would improve the experience for us.

Stéphane C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Forecast - Awesome product!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

Ease of use for entering time. Information is easily accessible.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind, except maybe improving the "Clock" feature, as I tend to forget it's running (maybe leveraging desktop notifications would help).

Trina V.
Industry: Government Administration

Complete and professional tool for e manage projects

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

Has everything needed to develop, planning and control any kind of projects within the organization

Pros

This easy-to-use tool makes the project team incorporate very quickly to use the software and share detailed information about tasks and activities in a very clear way during project lifecycle.

Cons

So far I have not had problems with the tool

Brian S.

Forecast has given my team visibility into resource management like we've never had before!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

So far Forecast has addressed most of my company's requests for new features and functionality and made them part of the system.

Pros

The tool we used before didn't have any forecasting features our company needed. I really like the Time feature because it is simple, fast, and intuitive to use. I can easily see my projects, cards, and enter my time all in one view. It's always difficult switching systems after so many years, but I can instantly see the benefits of using Forecast as a sophisticated, easy-to-use platform. Forecast does a great job at tailoring to fit our company's needs and taking our feedback requests seriously.

Felix C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Forecast as personal task management

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Very good, and it is clear that the product is being worked on.

Both through updates by e-mail and seeing new functions being added.

Pros

Ease of use and clear overviews.

The design is very clean and the UX is topnotch.

Cons

It is a bit fixated on certain aspects.
Instead of being focused on projects,
a focus on clients would be nice as an alternaive.

This is not a minus if all your work is project-based.

Guilherme B.
Industry: Information Services

Facilitated company processes

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

It is an enjoyable experience, it made some company processes very easy and unbureaucratic, we have much more visibility of the projects and it unified some tasks that were made separately.

Pros

The ease of use to create tasks, manage hours spent on projects and have a centralized way to cast hours.

Cons

Some tools apparently have the same functionality and its not easy (as the other features) to design sprints and have visibility of them.

Aaron K.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy to use once you get the hang of it

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Great to actually see my own personal management plan instead of just milestones in a diary. Also easy for my superiors to see who is over/under allocated with workload at a glance.

Pros

Good easy to understand visuals with plenty of colour ques. Easy to manipulate timeframes and shuffle tasks with only a few mouse clicks.

Cons

Took a little bit of playing around to figure out the best way to use it for me. Multiple different ways of doing the same thing was a little daunting at first but now I've figured out the way I like to work it.

Alessia A.
Industry: Computer Software

The best team management tool so far

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

I can track my time in an amazing way and have all the information I need at hand for each task and also for every project

Pros

I have been a TFS user for years and never found a better management tool until I found Forecast. It is the clearest tool on the market so far, easy to use, full of functionalities. There's a lot o pros to it:

- highly customizable
-the time recording is amazing
-comments and subtasks on cards are awesome
-you can also tag other members of the team if you want them to read something

Cons

-when i record time, the record pop up is too small for the tasks names in the select
-i'd like a clearer way to mark done subtasks rather than a checkbox

Rebecca C.

Good for project collaboration

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

It helps team members see their tasks and update the progress easily.

Pros

Timeline showing progress of all projects in one screen;
Kanban board showing project tasks;
To-do list;
Compare budget and expense.

Cons

Collaborator cannot see "Scoping" page;
Cannot relate parent task with sub-tasks which have been split to new task;
Cannot define Project Stage by user;
Same set of Labels are commonly used in different fields, causing users hard to choose, and the labels become meaningless.

Christina C.

Intuitive Platform with Amazing Support

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

The flexibility for each team member to take ownership of their schedule. And the regular updates for features, and response from the support team.

Cons

Missing some features we would like to see such as the time entry exporting. But the team are very responsive to feature requests.

Industry: Computer Software

The best application for work

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

Organization in cards with progress and tables

Cons

unutil things to work, with a lot of options unutils

Ben F.

New users

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Pros

Easy to manage teams and members. Intuitive design of scheduling tool makes it easy to allocate team members to projects. Integration via API with our other systems seems to be working well. Responsive support that seem to take questions and suggestions and use them to improve new iterations of the product. Timesheets are simple to use and easy to check.

Cons

New design features, especially the last round, can drop out of the blue and be quite jarring when faced with them the first time. But at least they're committed to improving the product.
Building reports can at times be less than intuitive.

Gareth N.
Industry: Computer Software

Great application for time and task management.

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

As a developer keeping track of time spent and tasks aren't always a natural instinct. Forecast has made it more intuitive or easier than other apps to deal with this. I can fulfill my time/task management responsibilities in a quick enough manner so as to not disrupt my workflow too much and keep my project managers happy. I'm happy using Forecast, gets the job done.

Pros

I like that I can get a quick overview of projects that I'm associated with. Being able to see where and how my time is spent is very handy. I'm able to get what I need to very quickly and that is very important.

Cons

I guess the fact that the application is quite feature rich, the interface can be quite tricky to navigate if you don't already know what you want to do. I would've liked having a button on the home page to directly take me to any tasks assigned to me. I would've liked having quicker access to information pertaining to me.

Gareth N.

Simplified project management

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

I'm generally very happy with Forecast. It receives frequent updates and the UI/UX is constantly getting better. I can't see us using anything else anytime soon.

Pros

I like the navigation that Forecast has. I'm involved in many projects and that involves switching quite often among them as well as through all my tasks. The navigation is well thought out and means that I don't lose time viewing the tasks that I need to. The views are also nicely designed, the important information is distinguishable and easy to follow. It doesn't make time tracking or project management feel like such a chore. I'm really happy with Forecast.

Cons

The only thing I wish Forecast had was an optional dark mode. I use it often enough that throughout the entire day, the white colour scheme gets tiring after while, especially at night time.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

If operational effectiveness and productivity is important to your business, don't hesitate.

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

I've spent many years trialing and implementing various Project Management and scheduling applications from an Ops perspective, but, frustratingly, I never found one that effectively combined these attributes into a single, easy-to-use package -- until Forecast.

That's impressive enough, but it's the ease of analysis and reporting that really sealed the deal for me. I can't imagine our business without it.

Pros

The combined resource scheduling, time-tracking and Project Management tools, the detailed operational tracking and reporting, frequency of updates, and, of course, the excellent customer support.

It has been a pleasure to both use the product, and interact with the Forecast team.

Cons

Honestly, nothing springs to mind. The Forecast team have been very receptive to suggestions for minor enhancements as they've evolved the product, and I've no doubt that will continue. I feel we're in good hands.

Janet F.
Industry: Utilities

Forecast review

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

I am using forecast to programme time across multiple projects and clients. It allows me to quickly see the proportion of time allocated to each client, and for every project, track progress to completion. It provides that "birds eye" view on when I am getting behind on something. It has assisted me to more accurately scope how long each project or task may take to complete. It also provides a solid basis to explain why I cannot accept additional work- when my time is fully allocated. It was worth taking the time to set up my programme properly so that I get the best from the available functionality.

Pros

It allows me to schedule my work programme and see when my time is fully allocated for months in advance. It shows future periods when I could accept more work from clients.

Cons

I don't have any concerns. Note it takes some time to set up each persons programme (perhaps up to half a day), it is worth doing this properly as then the tracking of projects will be more informative.

Great product so far

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

Overall, very positive experience so far.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, fantastic customer service.

Cons

Some display issues at times, have had some challenges with time entry (data disappeared).

Megan D.

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Pros

It is easy to use and the overall look of the platform is great!

Cons

As a 'regular' user, I don't see anything missing.

Industry: Publishing

Customer service is fantastic and the software is great!

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Forecast's easy to use interface and technology allows me to track the progress of my company's projects and forecast for the future. The customer service is also extremely quick to reply and answer any questions.

Cons

It would be great to have the ability to create my own reporting within forecast. Although there are a lot of reporting features, there a few that my company needs. Just a few more options would be helpful.

Dan B.
Industry: Computer Software

Great potential, not there yet.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

I can both plan the schedule of my team on high level and on task basis

Pros

The variety of features. You can both schedule and plan on a high level and also dive down to the little things.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are still quite a lot of bugs and bulkiness.
I think the feature that is missing the most is being able to see on the scheduler that the resource was already allocated with tasks in the projects.