Jackrabbit Gymnastics Reviews

Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Online cheer gym management software

4.7/5 (60 reviews)
Ashley L.

We have loved the way Jackrabbit helps streamline our business practices!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

We love that Jackrabbit is always enhancing it's software. They are really great about listening to the customer's needs and trying to find quick solutions for them!

Having online web registrations has been wonderful for both our class enrollment and event enrollment. It is really convenient that we can pick and choose what we want to show up on the website and set an auto email to be sent to the customers immediately after enrolling.

The email student schedules feature is now one of my favorites! It has cut down our enrollment processing time by 50%! It is so nice not to have to type out the student's information and enrollment information when emailing a confirmation!

The email templates and ability to add images and files to emails has been a total game changer for our company! It is so much easier and faster to send information to our customers and be able to improve parent communication!

The staff portal enhancement has helped us be more consistent with tracking attendance. We don't use the time tracking portion or the portal at this time. We are in the process of trying to make the transition of tracking skills in the portal vs. on paper. We would love to see a better way to print a progress report if we switch to doing web based skill tracking.

Lastly, I love the quick chat feature. Having support right at our fingertips is a wonderful feature to a class management system!

Cons

Our downfalls with the system are currently:
-Printed Statement feature- I just recently sent an idea to the enhancement team. I would really like to see it more like the "email student schedules" system. You could set it up exactly how you want it to look in the text boxes and then in the middle it will auto pull the information you selected for the statement. It would also help if you could choose how the spacing reflects after the fold line. I had very minimal header/footer and it still printed almost 300 blank (or only print date) pages.
-In the staff portal, we have had some glitches with a class showing as incomplete attendance when all students have either present or absent recorded and saved. This seems to happen when a makeup or transfer occurs on the same day as the class is held.
-Having glitch issues when using Google Chrome. It has forced me to switch to Microsoft Edge.
-Ability to "transfer" fees to a different category? Or a better way to track credits in the system. Right now it is hard because the money comes in towards on program, they drop for some reason and receive a credit and then when they come back they use it towards another program. The money always stays with the initial program. The credits don't show up on QuickBooks as it's not actual revenue coming in. Maybe there's a better way to track these? Not sure.

Joe W.

The best answer when there is no perfect answer

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

It's been good. We still have some lingering issues 6 months after the changeover. For instance, our instructors have yet to figure out how to properly use the skills module. But we'll get there eventually. We want to get everything we can out of the product.

Pros

Jackrabbit solved a number of problems for us. We were using another product that was just too clunky, requiring a number of work arounds in order to "work". Also, includes the time clock function which our former product did not have, forcing us to use a 3rd party time clock product. So between our old class management product and our old time clock product, we are saving quite a bit of money. And payroll is a lot more straightforward. Also, a number of other processes are simpler and more robust in detail than before.

Cons

The set up should be preceded by an audit period to really dig into current operating procedures and get the best set up for the way the gym does business. As a 25 year old gym with 200 team members, 1500 class participants in a diverse array of classes and 70+ employees, we have different needs than a much smaller and/or younger operation. Six months in we are still frequently requesting guidance from Jack Rabbit and have had to go back and change a number of things that were set up wrong for us.

7.0/10
Jill S.

No birthday party system

Reviewed on 2019/02/24

I enjoyed Jackrabbit and would go back if it were to offer a birthday party expansion/compatible program.

Pros

I liked using jackrabbit class for my indoor playground. We have 8 week long classes and needed to be able to register children for classes while also having a point of sale system for walk in open play customers. I liked that I could run daily/weekly/monthly/custom revenue reports to see exactly which classes and services were generating income and which weren't. It was very user friendly, and I miss using it.

Cons

It does not have a birthday party registration system and no plans to get one (per customer service). Birthday parties are about 40% of my business and I lost business due to this. Customers could only book during times the store was open - OR they could register for a party but we could not offer any upgrades. It was a frustration that cost me money.

Diane T.

JR makes it easy for us to focus on the little things because it takes care of the big things!

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

JR is a complete system - it allows us to have customers enroll online day or night, track attendance, track student progress, and post and collect tuition and other fees easily. The financial tracking and reporting are the best in the industry - we are able to track revenue and match it to our quickbooks quickly and easily. Customer support is top notch - we are able to reach them in a variety of ways - via live chat, email, phone call or by setting up a consultation about a specific topic. Webinars and tutorials are also available. We have a complicated discounting system and JR handles it all. While there are always things to improve on such as prorating tuition upon enrollment from the parent portal - they are always working on ways to implement their clients need and want.

Jo ann B.

GREAT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE FOR GYMNASTICS

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

Jackrabbit Gymnastics has helped our business immensely. We can choose when to run tuition. Parents can look at the Parent Portal account at any time. Customers can see what classes we offer and if they are full or available in real time on our website.

Pros

This system is great! It keeps track of all the students enrolled, what classes they were in before, all transactions. You can post in different ways - per class, everyone or individually. They also take your ideas into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve the software. Customer service is great! They can help by sending them the issue your having by email or on their Facebook page.

Cons

Sometimes their software does go down. It's rare but frustrating. That's about the only issue but overall its a great product.

Carla E.

JackRabbit has been a wonderful tool for our gym & swim academy to handle over 1400 enrollments

Reviewed on 2018/02/24

Streamlining and making everything much easier to accomplish

Pros

JackRabbit is easy to learn and has many capabilities. It helped us go from a paper tracking system for our Birthday parties to online. It easily helps us keep over 1400 student enrollments straight while easily transferring students, scheduling make-ups, keeping track of absences, processing credit cards, and so much more! Their Customer Service is also very helpful, insightful, and always willing to listen to new ideas from their customers.

Cons

There are a few features that would be nice to have- pro-rating tuition for instance. But, as I stated previously, they are always listening to their customers and always adding new features- this one being one that they said will be added soon.

Denise W.

We love JackRabbit!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Good tracking for classes, easy to collect payments and we can also do pro shop and time clock to save money on other outside programs for those processes.

Pros

We use all of the features and love that it's a one stop shop for our class management, billing, pro shop, time clock, reporting and more. We also love that support is so helpful. They respond in a timely manner, work until things are solved and communicate along the way. They also add enhancements on a regular basis, just making things better based on customer feedback and ideas.

Cons

There are always a few things that we have to work around to get the data that we need, but exporting to excel and working it out there works fine. There's nothing that drives me crazy about it.

Kristina W.

Easy and intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Pros

Jackrabbit is very intuitive and powerful.
The program has tons of features at your fingertips. This is a great option for an all in one CRM and Employee management tool. Employee management, customer management, and class management system are literally in one location. Employees can access their schedule, utilize the time clock feature, and receive automated emails once a new student enrolls. Customers have access to their payment portal so there are no surprises. Admins keep track of all the important big picture items as well as smaller details easily. Jackrabbit makes recurring tasks like email, payments, calendar and schedule functions easy to get to quickly.

Cons

It did take me a while to get used to reading spots available vs enrolled.
I do wish the employee portal was a bit more powerful and robust.

Angela H.

Online registration is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

We have been a customer well over 10 years and they are on top of updating and improving/ enhancing the program.

Pros

I like that even when we aren't open customers can enroll in classes. We close a week during the summer and if they want to enroll in camp or classes they do not have to wait on us to be open. I like that we can autodraft- the majority of our customers are on auto draft and/or pay with a card on file.

I love the new features of prorating classes.

Cons

Unable to email a group of parents by selecting those parents- (from the email section) You have to chose the class.

I wish it saved sent emails and attachments have to be in PDF or JPEG.( a personal challenge for me)

Kiki B.

Jackrabbit Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

Their customer service is top notch! Always quick to respond and eager to help. I always know I am in good hands.

Cons

Sometimes, features can be hard to locate and integration of our needs is sometimes lacking, but this is always improving with their constant updates.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thanks for your kind words and for your willingness to offer your recommendation, Kiki! We agree, our Client Services and Support teams are awesome - but Jackrabbit users make it pretty easy! Your feedback on the feature set is helpful and as you mentioned, updates are coming faster and faster. Hope you've had a chance to submit a few ideas in our new Idea Portal or up-vote a few that you like! We love hearing from you!

Kitty D.

Amazing Company!

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Jackrabbit has helped us to streamline our processes as we continue to grow. We don't need to reinvent the wheel - Jackrabbit has already taken care of that for us! Online registration for our classes and events saves us so much time!

Pros

Jackrabbit continues to improve. They actually listen to suggestions and add them to their program AND they don't raise the price every time they make an improvement!

Their customer service is stellar! Most often I receive an answer to my problem within a couple of hours.

Cons

My patience with the development of new and exciting additions (most suggested by their customer base)!

Heidi D.

Easy, Fun, Great Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2018/02/25

Pros

I am the marketing director - so sending out emails about events, class changes, upcoming birthdays - it's all a breeze. We have been working with Jackrabbit for close to 10 years now and honestly, I'm not sure our business would be the size it is without this program. It has saved so much time! Also - their customer service team is BEYOND GREAT!

Cons

I wish we could track the email open rates! And the click throughs. It'd be nice to see if people are A. actually reading them and B. going to the website and signing up for events and classes because of it.

Denise W.

Love Jackrabbit

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Jackrabbit's support team is fabulous. They reply in a timely manner, keep you updated while they are looking into things, and provide upgrades on a regular basis based on user feedback.

Pros

We love that it solves a bunch of business needs: class management, payments, gift shop, timeclock and more! It also integrates with our website and we have the customized app which makes us easy to use for customers.

Cons

Because it has so many features, it can take staff a little while to train. But, with practice and using Jackrabbits help center, once you've got the hang of it's capabilities, it's awesome!

Rachel D.

We love using JR and wouldn't trade their services for any one else!

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Pros

We feel that having JR helps organize all of our customers and their accounts. We have over 1200 students and there would be no way to process that many without Jack Rabbit. The other main reason that we love the online class system is the simple fact that our office is open 24/7 and that registration can happen at anytime.

Cons

One of our main complaints is that JR does not compute the math correctly when multiple discounts are applied to the same transaction. When we have this situation occur, we have to go back and recalculate the families tuition.

Sharon M.

The system is fairly user friendly and I was able to pickup on the basics I needed quickly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Not really sure. As I mentioned earlier in the survey I have never had complete training on the system. I have been able to search through things I didn't realize were there without having any problems occurring. I guess the fact it is so user friendly has been the biggest benefit to me.

Pros

I like the variety of reports available to use. Also pretty user friendly. I never had actual training on this, only a couple of days being shown the basics. I'm sure there are more things I would enjoy but may not be aware of them.

Cons

There are a number of areas that require you to have special access, perhaps administrator, that I can't get into and the "boss" would have to check it out. Maybe an easier way to look up problems rather than calling the help desk.

Christina S.

Jack Rabbit is super efficient and amazingly easy to use when managing class schedules and staff!

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

It saves time by generating a multitude of reports, from staff hours to class enrollment and drops. It's easy for everyone in the company to use!

Pros

It has saved an enormous amount of time when approving staff hours prior to processing payroll. The calendar makes it easy to see full class, as well as those with low enrollment. The enrollment snapshots are easy to manipulate to get the data from each program. In addition, the class skills section makes it easy to track gymnast's progress.

Linda H.

Paragon Gym for Kids

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

As this software is new to our organization, I have to say your customer support team is unbelievably knowledgeable and always willing to help.

Pros

The ability to scan products and reports are easier compared to our previous software.

Cons

That there is not a due date for payments.

Jackie P.

User friendly software

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

Jackrabbit class management software is super user friendly. Staff and customers learn quickly and can navigate with ease. Also their customer service is exceptional!

Cons

I think the biggest con for me is that there is no actual point of sale connected to the software. Yes you can swipe credit cards and list of transactions but an actual POS that gives you change and generates a cash drawer opening. I know they have been in the works with this for a while.

Howard B.

Great customer support. Suggestions seem to go into black hole

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Class management and billing are the biggest

Pros

Customer support is absolutely great. Ease of transactions, ease of enrolling, reports. Ease of transactions.

Cons

Locked into only a few credit card vendors. Not very competitive. Time clock not intuitive> would like complete solution from class management/charging through time clock/taxes. Waitlist cannot be modified by moving people to higher priority. No auto notification when kids 'age-up'.

Teresa W.

We implemented Jackrabbit class with no experience and got it running with no expert help.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Ease of management and ability to check things online from home or from anywhere. Made collecting and monitoring payments much easier.

Pros

Many features for searching, printing class lists, managing classes and staff and keeping track of students. We also use it for also our special events and can easily add and manage enrollment for those.

Cons

Would like more search features for addresses. It is complicated sometimes for our staff to add private lessons.

Emily E.

So far so good

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Having all our clients’ info and waivers online and up to date has been such a paper (and time) saver! Being able to print class rolls with emergency info is also great.

Pros

Right now there more capabilities that we’re taking advantage of, but everything I’ve wanted to implement has worked well and support staff has been great. Startup was also a breeze.

Cons

Navigating some areas / finding things is sometimes a challenge because there’s so many options and some don’t pertain to us (dance / swimming templates, etc). The search features can be fussy as well because of all the options.

Jo ann B.

I love using JackRabbit! The features are just right for our business (gymnastics).

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Being able to get all of our clientèle on one software is excellent. Its easy to update any information and being able to keep our customers updated through one system is great.

Pros

I like the ease of going from one screen to the other. We have the ability to had many details to a family's account like adding skills and promotion dates.

Cons

If I had to pick something, it would be that sometimes it glitches. It hasn't happen in a long while.

Sandra L.

Jackrabbit is great! Easy to use and navigate.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I like that the fact that jackrabbit is clear and understandable. There's no question as to what function does what and a lot of the features are self explainable. Any new staff gets a quick grasp of how to use the system.

Cons

The small glitches here and there. There are times where jackrabbit has stopped responding or completely stopped working but their programmers are quick to fix it.

J (jason) O.

Easy to learn and adapt

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

We use it for open class registration, online parents portal, event recording and registration, nand sales in the proshop. It's all good.

Pros

Customer Service is always available and when we run into a problem it's easily resolved.

Cons

There are so many bells and whistles. Honestly, we don't use it to it's full capacity but, even so it's far and away better than the others in the market.

Kelley S.

Jack Rabbit was great when we started out our business!

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

If it was easy to simplify we would have stuck with it.

Pros

Was great for our starter business. Had lots of great features for our kind of business. Perfect for true gymnastics facilities.

Cons

Used this for many years.... Lots of unused features. Was very complicated for someone just starting out.

2.0/10