Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Online cheer gym management software

4,6
4,5
4,3
4,2
4,6
Joann B.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Customer services is excellent!!

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

JackRabbit is great! We started out with a few hundred students and now we have close to 2000. JackRabbit has been there every step of the way!

Pros

Love that they take customer ideas! They are always updating and making the system fit our needs. If I have any issues, customer service is always there to help. Their FaceBook seems to always be active.

Cons

There are sometimes some down time with the system but rarely. JackRabbit is great about notifying/alerting us when the system is down.

Vanessa W.
Industry: Performing Arts

Flexible and robust

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Jackrabbit has eliminated all of the manual work of organizing registrations and sending confirmation emails for each session of classes.
It has allowed us to see our revenue at a glance and easily track our monetary progress.
It has allowed us to efficiently search and contact groups of families based on their status. (Example: Current students who are not registered for an upcoming session, families not paid by the payment deadline, all students registered for a class that is cancelled for some reason etc. )

Pros

We looked at a lot of software and it is difficult to find one that has options to search, track and do all the things you want to be able to do. And usually the more things that are possible, the more confusing and steep the learning curve. Jackrabbit offers so many possible functions and also organizes them well by through the Staff Portal, Parent Portals, drop down menus. The searchable tutorials are very helpful and I use them all the time when I forget how to do a particular function. We have been very happy with how Jackrabbit has organized and streamlined our information database and our processes.

Cons

Because there is so much information and possible ways to access the information it does take a significant amount of time to become familiar with it all.

It is difficult to tell what the families see in their portals since I only ever see it from the back end. We have created a "pretend family " account for ourselves to be able to view it from the family's perspective.

Jacqueline R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great for tuition based classes but not drop-in claases

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

We are still in the beginning stages so some days I am completely frustrated and ready to abort mission, other days I have hope we are gonna make it. Bending the application to match 2 different income strategies has been hard. We use tuition and pay per class. This platform does not make that easy. I also, struggle to stay organized with instructor absences and Sublist because there is no updates for staff schedule.

Pros

Teaching tuition,
Classes management,
Class scheduling,
Online application with legalese,
Mobile app compatible
Staff portal for attendance and time clock

Cons

1)Very difficult to adapt to an adult student application that pays per class and is user friendly.
2)No structure for substitute instructors. You can change daily or weekly schedules for staff without changing the whole class summary. Therefore I have to use 2 calendars, one for staff and one for studio.
3) Although there is a lot of help, scheduling calls are days out and 30 minute windows. Not enough time to get most things accomplished.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Jr Z.

Can't Live Without JackRabbit

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Dealing with JackRabbit Technologies has been super easy and very informative. We have attended their training class on several occasions and we always learn a new function/feature that we can use.

Pros

JackRabbit Technologies is an all in one top to bottom software solution that helps me track, analyse and run my business daily. There are so many features of the software that make our daily life much more enjoyable that if we had to do manually or with several different products our life would be miserable.

Seemless integration with Express Payroll makes running my paycycles as simple as a click of a button

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little longer than I would like to implement a new feature that directly effects my process(es). I also understand that I am not the only business using the software and that new features need to be looked at across the entire spectrum of business involved.

Shayna G.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Business problems we are solving - getting payment up front
It's A LOT more back-end work that I would have expected. It's because we are doing lots of 1:1 tutoring and classes are not always consistent from week to week. It's not your fault, it's probably ours.

Pros

Customer support staff are amazing. Parents being able to enrol in classes themselves and billing process is virtually automatic for classes that are billed by the session. I also like having the kids info in one location and access to the sign off waivers.

Cons

We are a tutoring company (mostly 1:1) trying to use a gymnastics software. I don't know if it's the right fit. I like the classes feature of it, but the 1:1 stuff needs improvement - Specifically the weekly billing aspect of it. If you don't bill Monday through Friday of that week, the data are lost as kids may attend different classes the following week. Also billing is not itemized. It shows the week that they attended 1:1 classes and the amount but it does not show specific dates and times.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jamie M.
Industry: Sports

Love the product but missing some key features

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

We like it. I think we need to learn more about some of the features.

Pros

Love most of it. It would be nice to have a private lesson feature with a calendar just for private’s connected to coaches. As well as clinic sign ups.

Cons

It’s sometimes hard to explain to new members.

Linda H.

Paragon Gym for Kids

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

As this software is new to our organization, I have to say your customer support team is unbelievably knowledgeable and always willing to help.

Pros

The ability to scan products and reports are easier compared to our previous software.

Cons

That there is not a due date for payments.

Emily E.

So far so good

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Having all our clients’ info and waivers online and up to date has been such a paper (and time) saver! Being able to print class rolls with emergency info is also great.

Pros

Right now there more capabilities that we’re taking advantage of, but everything I’ve wanted to implement has worked well and support staff has been great. Startup was also a breeze.

Cons

Navigating some areas / finding things is sometimes a challenge because there’s so many options and some don’t pertain to us (dance / swimming templates, etc). The search features can be fussy as well because of all the options.

Paul G.

New Gym- Great Management

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

We love the fact that we can track attendance, time clocks, income, etc all in one place!

Pros

We launched Jack Rabbit with great support, but via email and screen share calls, and love how easy it will make running our Gym once we are fully deployed.

Cons

There is a learning curve, that one would expect with any software, but there seems to be quite a bit extra, and some extra steps to do some really simple things.

Colleen L.

Jackrabbit Use

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

The experience is fairly positive and Jackrabbit responds. The look of the pages needs to be updated and modernized.

Pros

Jack Rabbit has many features that we use but sometimes it is not intuitive to the user. I would like to be able to have multiple skill and conditioning records for competitive kids and some functionality increased.

Cons

I would like to see the employees time card and checking time improved.

Ashley L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

We have loved the way Jackrabbit helps streamline our business practices!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

We love that Jackrabbit is always enhancing it's software. They are really great about listening to the customer's needs and trying to find quick solutions for them!

Having online web registrations has been wonderful for both our class enrollment and event enrollment. It is really convenient that we can pick and choose what we want to show up on the website and set an auto email to be sent to the customers immediately after enrolling.

The email student schedules feature is now one of my favorites! It has cut down our enrollment processing time by 50%! It is so nice not to have to type out the student's information and enrollment information when emailing a confirmation!

The email templates and ability to add images and files to emails has been a total game changer for our company! It is so much easier and faster to send information to our customers and be able to improve parent communication!

The staff portal enhancement has helped us be more consistent with tracking attendance. We don't use the time tracking portion or the portal at this time. We are in the process of trying to make the transition of tracking skills in the portal vs. on paper. We would love to see a better way to print a progress report if we switch to doing web based skill tracking.

Lastly, I love the quick chat feature. Having support right at our fingertips is a wonderful feature to a class management system!

Cons

Our downfalls with the system are currently:
-Printed Statement feature- I just recently sent an idea to the enhancement team. I would really like to see it more like the "email student schedules" system. You could set it up exactly how you want it to look in the text boxes and then in the middle it will auto pull the information you selected for the statement. It would also help if you could choose how the spacing reflects after the fold line. I had very minimal header/footer and it still printed almost 300 blank (or only print date) pages.
-In the staff portal, we have had some glitches with a class showing as incomplete attendance when all students have either present or absent recorded and saved. This seems to happen when a makeup or transfer occurs on the same day as the class is held.
-Having glitch issues when using Google Chrome. It has forced me to switch to Microsoft Edge.
-Ability to "transfer" fees to a different category? Or a better way to track credits in the system. Right now it is hard because the money comes in towards on program, they drop for some reason and receive a credit and then when they come back they use it towards another program. The money always stays with the initial program. The credits don't show up on QuickBooks as it's not actual revenue coming in. Maybe there's a better way to track these? Not sure.

Bethany L.
Industry: Music

Happy Inheritance

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

I am very happy with my experience with Jackrabbit. I have never been discouraged, and every time I don't know how to do something, I have always reached out for help and gotten help right away!

Pros

I inherited the jackrabbit software when I started this job 1 1/2 years ago. I have had to figure it out as I go along and I always have a lot of help available to me whenever I need it via chat or phone call. The guy in the office before me was trying to switch to another software company, but I talked my boss into letting me stay with Jackrabbit because I really like it. I like how it is evolving and how I can keep track of my hours and tuition payments. I like how easy it is to get a list of emails or addresses, how easy it is to create a statement for a parent.

Cons

I wouldn't say that there are aspects that are difficult to use, I think the worst thing (which really isn't a bad thing) is that there is so much that can be done with the software and I just sort of jumped into an ocean when I started this job instead of starting out on the edge of the water and easing myself in!

Monica A.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Jackrabbit helped me to breath again.

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Jackrabbit was a life-saver when I started using it 7 years ago. Their best practices helped to model our business procedures. They are always there for you to help you through questions and needs.

Pros

- Customer service and Technical help are FANTASTIC. They will do everything to help you.
- They hear their customers, and they keep improving the software with the ideas and suggestions of all of us.
- It has most of the features that I need to manage my school.
- It is very flexible and works through settings that let you adjust it to your needs and preferences.
- Price is fair.

Cons

As I keep growing I need few features that Jackrabbit has not incorporated yet, like gift cards administration, a more robust management of the Leads, be able to load more pictures to the students records, although I would not be surprised these features will be added later, as I know they evaluate all our suggestions of changes and use them to improve the software.

Rhonda M.

Jackrabbit: Smooth Transition & Overall Positive Change

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

The developers are continually listening to suggestions, evaluating them, and making improvements/updates to the software. Our clients are appreciative of the availability of the Parent Portal. The number of unpaid accounts at the end of the month has decreased significantly. New clients like the fact that registration is now paperless, and so do we. Our coaching staff likes getting notifications of new student enrollment, student drops, or student transfers. Our communication with rec. class parents has improved because of the email feature and the Parent Portal. Overall, implementing Jackrabbit has been a positive experience.

Pros

Jackrabbit is relatively easy to use and provides both written and video instruction for software features to help new users. The Jackrabbit team took all our client information from our old system and imported it to our new Jackrabbit system which made getting started much easier. I like being able to email clients both individually and as part of a mass email blast. The Parent Portal is great; our parents love it.

Cons

Personally I am a keyboard shortcut user, so the fact that I have been unable to find any keyboard shortcuts to navigate the software has been the biggest obstacle for me since I dislike the extra time it takes for me to stop using the keyboard; grab the mouse; find the correct drop-down or other window, box, or icon; click it; then go back to the keyboard to continue/finish the task.

Mary B.
Industry: Sports

Great and keeps getting better

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I LOVE JACKRABBIT. Their customer service has been amazing to work with and they are knowledgeable in the industry. While I do wish there were a few more functions or changes, there is absolutely no way I am going any where else. They have been amazing.

Pros

Jackrabbit has allowed us to keep our business growing and going even when we cannot meet with our customers face to face. We are pleased that JR features allow us to communicate effectively with our customers, secure payments, and monitor our finances in one system.

Cons

Jackrabbit does not always fit to what our facility needs. You can put a ticket in for them to work on it but it has to be voted on and sometimes it gets overlooked.

Joe W.
Industry: Sports

The best answer when there is no perfect answer

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

It's been good. We still have some lingering issues 6 months after the changeover. For instance, our instructors have yet to figure out how to properly use the skills module. But we'll get there eventually. We want to get everything we can out of the product.

Pros

Jackrabbit solved a number of problems for us. We were using another product that was just too clunky, requiring a number of work arounds in order to "work". Also, includes the time clock function which our former product did not have, forcing us to use a 3rd party time clock product. So between our old class management product and our old time clock product, we are saving quite a bit of money. And payroll is a lot more straightforward. Also, a number of other processes are simpler and more robust in detail than before.

Cons

The set up should be preceded by an audit period to really dig into current operating procedures and get the best set up for the way the gym does business. As a 25 year old gym with 200 team members, 1500 class participants in a diverse array of classes and 70+ employees, we have different needs than a much smaller and/or younger operation. Six months in we are still frequently requesting guidance from Jack Rabbit and have had to go back and change a number of things that were set up wrong for us.

Jill S.

No birthday party system

Reviewed on 2019/02/24

I enjoyed Jackrabbit and would go back if it were to offer a birthday party expansion/compatible program.

Pros

I liked using jackrabbit class for my indoor playground. We have 8 week long classes and needed to be able to register children for classes while also having a point of sale system for walk in open play customers. I liked that I could run daily/weekly/monthly/custom revenue reports to see exactly which classes and services were generating income and which weren't. It was very user friendly, and I miss using it.

Cons

It does not have a birthday party registration system and no plans to get one (per customer service). Birthday parties are about 40% of my business and I lost business due to this. Customers could only book during times the store was open - OR they could register for a party but we could not offer any upgrades. It was a frustration that cost me money.

Diane T.

JR makes it easy for us to focus on the little things because it takes care of the big things!

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

JR is a complete system - it allows us to have customers enroll online day or night, track attendance, track student progress, and post and collect tuition and other fees easily. The financial tracking and reporting are the best in the industry - we are able to track revenue and match it to our quickbooks quickly and easily. Customer support is top notch - we are able to reach them in a variety of ways - via live chat, email, phone call or by setting up a consultation about a specific topic. Webinars and tutorials are also available. We have a complicated discounting system and JR handles it all. While there are always things to improve on such as prorating tuition upon enrollment from the parent portal - they are always working on ways to implement their clients need and want.

Jo ann B.

GREAT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE FOR GYMNASTICS

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

Jackrabbit Gymnastics has helped our business immensely. We can choose when to run tuition. Parents can look at the Parent Portal account at any time. Customers can see what classes we offer and if they are full or available in real time on our website.

Pros

This system is great! It keeps track of all the students enrolled, what classes they were in before, all transactions. You can post in different ways - per class, everyone or individually. They also take your ideas into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve the software. Customer service is great! They can help by sending them the issue your having by email or on their Facebook page.

Cons

Sometimes their software does go down. It's rare but frustrating. That's about the only issue but overall its a great product.

Carla E.

JackRabbit has been a wonderful tool for our gym & swim academy to handle over 1400 enrollments

Reviewed on 2018/02/24

Streamlining and making everything much easier to accomplish

Pros

JackRabbit is easy to learn and has many capabilities. It helped us go from a paper tracking system for our Birthday parties to online. It easily helps us keep over 1400 student enrollments straight while easily transferring students, scheduling make-ups, keeping track of absences, processing credit cards, and so much more! Their Customer Service is also very helpful, insightful, and always willing to listen to new ideas from their customers.

Cons

There are a few features that would be nice to have- pro-rating tuition for instance. But, as I stated previously, they are always listening to their customers and always adding new features- this one being one that they said will be added soon.

Michelle S.

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

The integration was fairly simple, the support team is great and very responsive whenever we have questions. Jackrabbit has made collection of tuition as well as financial tracking much simpler for our business, it's been a huge time saver for me

Pros

Jackrabbit took us from paper registrations and manual cheque deposits and credit card processing to a much more user friendly experience for us and our customers. We love all of the features that Jackrabbit offers.

Cons

The only thing Jackrabbit lacks for me is the ability to run automatic monthly payments that are different from the family's account balance. I have yet to find a way to do this where the payment pays down the balance and doesn't charge the full amount so I have continued to run those payments manually.

Liz A.

Jackrabbit gymnastics

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Using jackrabbit has made it so that I don’t have to hunt down payments every session. All of our parents know when the processing date is. All payments are done together. It also allows me to better prepare for how many kids we will have in the upcoming semester.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate. My staff learned how to use it quickly. The new “Notes” section is great... Now my staff and I can always be on the same page when talking with a parent about a bill.

Cons

I don’t like that the staff portal logs out so quickly. We often have students come in late and entering their attendance is time consuming since we have to log in again.

Denise W.

We love JackRabbit!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Good tracking for classes, easy to collect payments and we can also do pro shop and time clock to save money on other outside programs for those processes.

Pros

We use all of the features and love that it's a one stop shop for our class management, billing, pro shop, time clock, reporting and more. We also love that support is so helpful. They respond in a timely manner, work until things are solved and communicate along the way. They also add enhancements on a regular basis, just making things better based on customer feedback and ideas.

Cons

There are always a few things that we have to work around to get the data that we need, but exporting to excel and working it out there works fine. There's nothing that drives me crazy about it.

Kristina W.

Easy and intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Pros

Jackrabbit is very intuitive and powerful.
The program has tons of features at your fingertips. This is a great option for an all in one CRM and Employee management tool. Employee management, customer management, and class management system are literally in one location. Employees can access their schedule, utilize the time clock feature, and receive automated emails once a new student enrolls. Customers have access to their payment portal so there are no surprises. Admins keep track of all the important big picture items as well as smaller details easily. Jackrabbit makes recurring tasks like email, payments, calendar and schedule functions easy to get to quickly.

Cons

It did take me a while to get used to reading spots available vs enrolled.
I do wish the employee portal was a bit more powerful and robust.

Shant P.
Industry: Education Management

Exceed Robotics review of Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

happy overall but we desperately need email automation to scale our business

Pros

Easy to use, good GUI including menus, complete payment page with complete history and adjustments, adequate amount of search criteria to generating reports, app available

Cons

no workflows to automate emails (payment reminders, welcome emails, registration confirmation emails, digital certificates, ...) , not able to create class groups for automatic enrollment into entire curriculum (composed of multiple courses in series), automatic sibling nor multiple course discounts are not available, no option to offer add-on services to course fee (cannot offer extra care, lunch options via website), event attendance not available,