Jackrabbit Swim

Online swim school management software

4,7
4,5
4,3
4,3
4,7
Danila R.
Industry: Sports

Easy use for swim school

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Great

Pros

I love that the Jackrabbit team is always improving their software for the better

Cons

Overall my experience with jackrabbit was great. Keep on listening to your customers, I do want to make a suggestion to see if a person can code the name of clients name onto an email

Nadia M.

Love Jackrabbit Swim

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

We use Jackrabbit Swim for our business - Stony Creek Swim Center. We have been using it for a few years now and I think it has really helped the business suceed. Customer service is great and usually responds fairly quickly to our questions and concerns.

Pros

The website is easy to navigate. I really like the newer calendar link that is available no matter what screen you're in to click on. Used to be you could only access the calendar button on the home page which was a pain to go back and forth to.

Cons

Nothing really. It's all pretty easy to learn and navigate through

Becca M.

Jackrabbit Software Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

I highly recommend Jackrabbit. I honestly have no complaints.

Pros

It is easy to navigate and always improving! They are constantly listening to users to better the software and help you find the best way to use it with your company.

Cons

There are some features that are not compatible with our company, but they continue to help improve and adjust features in a way that will benefit us.

Kimberly K.

Great software that saves time and Nice people to help anytime needed

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

More time to focus on everything else and less time having to do admin work.

Pros

You can almost do everything you need with in the software. They keep adding more and more integrations so eventually it will all be in one place and I love it.

Cons

I do not like the home page layout as it is a little intimidating to my new staff when training them and they find it confusing. Its okay once you get used to it though.

Gwyn V.
Industry: Sports

Jackrabbit Swim is simply the best for our swimming program!

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

While Jackrabbit may not do all that I would like it to, this software provides most of what I want and need to run our business. The customer service is the best I've seen in that they respond to inquiries swiftly with answers or suggestions to my situation.

Pros

I first loved the ease of set up for our business. I was able to set up registration and approximately 100 classes in a matter of hours! The ease of use is fantastic. Their staff responded to all of my questions quickly and helped me to work around some issues that their software couldn't handle at the time I set everything up. Nowadays, I LOVE the prorating feature.

Cons

There are a few things I wish I could do with Jackrabbit Swim:
1. Sort daily schedules by instructor or skill level
2. Generate more customized reports for internal use
3. Maintain a history of instructors for classes
4. Be able to add a substitute instructor to the schedule when regular instructors are out

Taylor B.

Easy to use, nice to have billing/scheduling/rosters in one place.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

Everything is in one place. I can bill, schedule, see class history, print rosters, track skills and attendance, email and text families all in one place. I can quickly see a family's transaction and class history. I can mass post tuition fees and process batch credit cards which saves a lot of time.

Cons

I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to post annual tuition fees when everybody has different start dates.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It's our hope that you continually find value in our features and functionality. We are always listening and seeking out ways to assist you in continuing your success, so please let us know how we can help.

Annie S.

Not quite right...

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

We used Jackrabbit for ~3 months. It was far better than our old system (Vagaro), but the inability to put power in customers hands (regarding makeups, class drops, transfers, etc) caused us to switch to iClass. We're a few weeks in (JR acct is still active as we complete the annoying task of collecting credit cards), but iClass has suited us much better. They have a parent portal app, makeups are easy, and my only annoyance is having to toggle between 2 locations.

Pros

It was designed for kids sports and provides necessary functionality for maintaining our swim school, as opposed to other (less industry specific) software we've used in the past.

Cons

#1 flaw is its inability to allow customers to schedule makeup classes / lessons. This took hours of manual admin time weekly, and as a growing swim school, I can't imagine what that would have looked like had we not switched to a different system. Not only was the manual work tedious, but it made makeups "personal" - ie if there was no/limited availability, it made our staff look like the bad guys.
Also, the system looks and feels outdated, and has too much functionality in my opinion. On top of that, I consider myself a tech-savvy person, and after months of using the billing features, I was still confused on how to issue/apply account credits.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Buffy F.

JackRabbit has always been extremely helpful in every situation.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

JackRabbit is constantly working to improve their software. There are enhancements released weekly. Support is quick to respond and will work through any situation. There is also a Facebook group to post questions to other users. I find this very helpful to get other people to help find solutions.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

We appreciate your positive comments and we're thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

Atik S.

Overall good software, just a little hard to use and seems overwhelming.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

We use this tool to enroll customer, schedule instructors, kids classes, complete transactions etc. This tool is very critical in running the business.

Pros

The website loads faster, even when on slow data connections or mobile devices. The canned reports are good and the ability to create and save favorites is helpful.

Cons

Has a hard learning curve and wish it had a better mobile option or an app that'd have been easy to use. Also wished it had ability to customize shortcuts, menus and the actions we would perform routinely.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Michelle R.

Easy to use, very manual.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

Has many resources, easy to look up families and students. This is my first exp w/ software like this, so I don't have much to compare it to.

Cons

Unable to customize for our business. General updates sometimes make simple things more challenging or have more steps due to the way our business runs.

Anne K.

Always helpful

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Any problems I have they answer right away.

Pros

Scheduling is great and keeping track of all absences and makeups is very easy.

Cons

I have had a lot of staff issues with the time clock.

Jason R.

Product is very versatile and reliable.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

I really appreciate the versatility, and host of different options and reports and the reliability of the server and ease of use

Cons

There are certain aspects that cannot be changed which is not compatible with my business and I have to do work-arounds outside the software to accommodate.

Janine C.
Industry: Sports

Jackrabbit helps to streamline our business

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

I have been very happy with the system. We are based in South Africa and have never had a problem getting hold of someone on the support team, they are very helpful and know their product. The system has helped me to simplify sending bulk mails and accounts etc.

Pros

The fact that everything from class schedules and attendance to family and account information is on one system and that it is always available in real time.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like, only would love 1 or 2 additional features, but this could come in time.

Danielle S.
Industry: Sports

My input on how jackrabbit can be better

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Pros

I like the dashboard and how i can personalize announcements on the parent portal.

Cons

how classes are added, copied and how every semester things change. also... i would like to see an easier way to

Maria C.

Need a change a little

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

just didn't work there long enough

Pros

it was an ok system, kind of confusing but ok and easy to read

Cons

kind of confusing and misdirected and not very good system

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Nicole R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Best Software for Swim Lessons!

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

The set up of the software to streamline a business was easy. Scheduling, Registrations, Payments, emails, and the organization of this all in one place is what makes this such a great software. Not to mention great customer support.

Pros

It's easy to use for administrators and cliental.

Cons

I like everything about the software. I have not found a con thus far.

Gwyn V.

Best Swim Lesson Registration/Scheduling Software I've found

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Originally used Jackrabbit and thought I would try another scheduling software...I was seduced by some Australian accents...about 3 days before going live, everything fell apart and I realized I could not use a company who took so long to respond to urgent questions. I was able to get everything up and running with Jackrabbit in those 3 days (and I was setting up approximately 500 classes/groups) and it all went off without a hitch!

Pros

I love that registrations are electronic...that you can access remotely...reports are easily generated...seamless transactions with credit card processor...super fast response time to questions or concerns about the software. Loving the prorating for tuition.

We use the software for swim lessons and swim team.

Cons

The daily calendar of events does not allow for sorting by instructor or show students on a print out. We end up having to copy and paste into our own daily print out.
Entering swim meet fees is time consuming as it must be done by loading each individual family.

Jenifer R.

This system is great for our swim school. Easy to use with lots of functionality.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

I like that it can be accessed anywhere and that the staff can have different log in levels for their specific roles. It is also nice to have the time clock and attendance features accessible through a specific staff portal.

Cons

My least favorite piece of this software is that it does not provide opportunities to build your own reports. It has several useful reports, but everyone's needs are different.

Christina V.
Company size: Self Employed

Great program for new business owner

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Jackrabbit has made my small business run smoother and more seamless. Information is stored securely and in one place. Payment and transactions are current and easy to view. Customer service is above par with teammates always willing to answer your questions.

Pros

I love that using JackRabbit has taken on the administrative duties of my new small business. The registration form, auto data entry and ability to communicate with all clients at one time is amazing! I love that everything is very streamlined and easy to navigate. Most of my questions get answered if I just search the program myself for a few minutes. There are so many more features that I am not even utilizing but the ones that I do use have made my small swim school business so much easier to run!

Cons

There are some features that I don't use or still don't know how to use. My class schedule didn't show up exactly how I wanted it to look but I had a hard time changing the settings and columns for that. I also don't know how to manually enter a student into a class that has already begun.

Wendy M.

We have used Jackrabbit Swim for over 10 years now to manage our swim school customers.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

It's very user friendly, anyone can use it. We are able to manage thousands of customers, class schedules and multiple locations. JRC customer service is very helpful and responsive when we have issues.

Cons

We don't really have any complaints. Some reporting aspects are not as detailed as we would like but there is usually a way to figure out a way to get what we need.

Courtney R.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent software with equally excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

We have gotten great customer service with jackrabbit and have been really pleased with it so far. It has cut down on our time spent on administrative details significantly.

Pros

This software makes it so easy to schedule kids and keep track of all of the finances, schedules, etc.. Overall it’s pretty user friendly so doesn’t take too much time to figure out.

Cons

There are a few features like a search option that I would still like to see added. Also, we do not support JavaScript on our website right now and so the registration listing has not been excellent because we are not able to put it on our website it there are a few features like a search option (not just for families or classes but for functions) that I would still like to see added. Also, we do not support JavaScript on our website right now and so the html registration listing has not been excellent because we are not able to put it on our website it.

Brittany M.

User-friendly for the non-tech savvy

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

It is super user-friendly even for someone who is not a tech buff.
Cover class scheduling and billing as well as employee scheduling and payroll.
Has color-coded option which makes looking at the screen all day much easier.

Cons

some pages are unnecessary for my business so I wish there was a way to not make them invisible to my staffers.

Jennifer S.

We Like Jackrabbit

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

I recommend it.

Pros

The software is easy to use. And the YouTube tutorials are helpful.

Cons

I would like to have a mass entry option, so each individual class does not need to be keyed and copied.

Nicodie D.
Industry: Human Resources

BEST SWIM SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2019/06/09

Pros

ITS VERY EASY TO USE EVEN FOR THE UN TECH SAVY EMPLOYEES

Cons

I DONT REALLY HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THIS SOFTWARE

Lisa G.

New to Jack Rabbit

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Pros

This software does make point of sales tracking simple and complete and has many useful features. Chat and phone customer service are really helpful.

Cons

It can be very difficult to maneuver and figure out exactly how the system should be set up for proper use.