Jackrabbit Swim Reviews

Jackrabbit Swim

Online swim school management software

4.6/5 (40 reviews)
Gwyn V.

Jackrabbit Swim is simply the best for our swimming program!

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

While Jackrabbit may not do all that I would like it to, this software provides most of what I want and need to run our business. The customer service is the best I've seen in that they respond to inquiries swiftly with answers or suggestions to my situation.

Pros

I first loved the ease of set up for our business. I was able to set up registration and approximately 100 classes in a matter of hours! The ease of use is fantastic. Their staff responded to all of my questions quickly and helped me to work around some issues that their software couldn't handle at the time I set everything up. Nowadays, I LOVE the prorating feature.

Cons

There are a few things I wish I could do with Jackrabbit Swim:
1. Sort daily schedules by instructor or skill level
2. Generate more customized reports for internal use
3. Maintain a history of instructors for classes
4. Be able to add a substitute instructor to the schedule when regular instructors are out

Gwyn V.

Best Swim Lesson Registration/Scheduling Software I've found

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Originally used Jackrabbit and thought I would try another scheduling software...I was seduced by some Australian accents...about 3 days before going live, everything fell apart and I realized I could not use a company who took so long to respond to urgent questions. I was able to get everything up and running with Jackrabbit in those 3 days (and I was setting up approximately 500 classes/groups) and it all went off without a hitch!

Pros

I love that registrations are electronic...that you can access remotely...reports are easily generated...seamless transactions with credit card processor...super fast response time to questions or concerns about the software. Loving the prorating for tuition.

We use the software for swim lessons and swim team.

Cons

The daily calendar of events does not allow for sorting by instructor or show students on a print out. We end up having to copy and paste into our own daily print out.
Entering swim meet fees is time consuming as it must be done by loading each individual family.

Alivia M.

Jackrabbit Experience

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

It has been awesome! Customer support has always been very polite with answering my millions of questions. I’m getting more used to all of the drop-down menus and trying to use new features. I’d like for here to be more frequent webinars on all the extra features people may not realize exist or that could be utilized differently. There is so much to this software and I know I’m not using it to it’s full potential cause I’m not sure how!

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to organize all data entries for each student and the different tools for viewing classes.

Cons

Sometimes there are features that aren’t as accessible or don’t make sense. For example, I’d love to be able to send automated reminder emails to my parents for when tuition is about to be taken out. I don’t like that emails can only be sent out 90 days in advance. Why is this?

Nick M.

There is no better program for our industry

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Well considering when I first started teaching I was managing my class schedules using paper and a filing cabinet, Jackrabbit has saved countless man hours over the years.

Pros

It literally has almost every feature I need to manage my school. The program is easy to use and I find it easy to train new employees. The biggest time saver for me is having all the templates in place, including pre-drafted emails, etc.

Cons

I really like the legacy version of posting tuition fees because I had a system down that worked well with the templates I had. I’m struggling a bit more with the updated version. The other thing I wish they had was an option to allow customers to schedule make-ups via the parent portal.

Suzanne S.

Jackrabbit Swim has helped us streamline our business operations and be better organized.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

We are able to use it for our swim lessons as well as a swim team. It is nice to use one piece of software for both although it's not perfect for our business model. Support responds quickly even if they are not able to fix the issue immediately.

Cons

There are times when the software doesn't seem to have been tested well in an actual user environment. Some things just don't make sense. I think many recurring tasks could be accomplished with less mouse clicks. I wish the end-user had a more ability to customize reports and statements (i.e. I would like to be able to create a report completely from scratch with input and output of my choice).

Taylor B.

Easy to use, nice to have billing/scheduling/rosters in one place.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

Everything is in one place. I can bill, schedule, see class history, print rosters, track skills and attendance, email and text families all in one place. I can quickly see a family's transaction and class history. I can mass post tuition fees and process batch credit cards which saves a lot of time.

Cons

I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to post annual tuition fees when everybody has different start dates.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It's our hope that you continually find value in our features and functionality. We are always listening and seeking out ways to assist you in continuing your success, so please let us know how we can help.

Nicole R.

Best Software for Swim Lessons!

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

The set up of the software to streamline a business was easy. Scheduling, Registrations, Payments, emails, and the organization of this all in one place is what makes this such a great software. Not to mention great customer support.

Pros

It's easy to use for administrators and cliental.

Cons

I like everything about the software. I have not found a con thus far.

Nikki M.

Solid Platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Jackrabbit allows website registration and frees up office staff time, and they now have prorated fees, based on the number of lessons, rather than just a monthly fee.

Pros

Jackrabbit keeps growing and getting better. The development team comes out with new additions regularly, and their communication about it is excellent! The customer service is the best part of Jackrabbit. Answers are very timely morning, night and weekends! I've never experienced that before with a software company. They have many training videos and a help section with lots of answers as well. The software has lots of options of doing things YOUR way. There are many fabulous reports too.

Cons

It allows a teacher to be booked in more than once place at a time.

Annie S.

Not quite right...

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

We used Jackrabbit for ~3 months. It was far better than our old system (Vagaro), but the inability to put power in customers hands (regarding makeups, class drops, transfers, etc) caused us to switch to iClass. We're a few weeks in (JR acct is still active as we complete the annoying task of collecting credit cards), but iClass has suited us much better. They have a parent portal app, makeups are easy, and my only annoyance is having to toggle between 2 locations.

Pros

It was designed for kids sports and provides necessary functionality for maintaining our swim school, as opposed to other (less industry specific) software we've used in the past.

Cons

#1 flaw is its inability to allow customers to schedule makeup classes / lessons. This took hours of manual admin time weekly, and as a growing swim school, I can't imagine what that would have looked like had we not switched to a different system. Not only was the manual work tedious, but it made makeups "personal" - ie if there was no/limited availability, it made our staff look like the bad guys.
Also, the system looks and feels outdated, and has too much functionality in my opinion. On top of that, I consider myself a tech-savvy person, and after months of using the billing features, I was still confused on how to issue/apply account credits.

2.0/10
Buffy F.

JackRabbit has always been extremely helpful in every situation.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

JackRabbit is constantly working to improve their software. There are enhancements released weekly. Support is quick to respond and will work through any situation. There is also a Facebook group to post questions to other users. I find this very helpful to get other people to help find solutions.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

We appreciate your positive comments and we're thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

Anne K.

Use for scheduling classes, billing, sending mass emails

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Easy to view classes and levels and students for weekly classes. Nice to be able to easliy schedule make ups, put in absences. Charging families easy

Cons

Refunds are a little confusing. Wish the tasks had a higher character count. Would like to be able to see children ages when hovering over the classes on the weekly schedule

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We would like to work with you to help you benefit from all of our features and we're always available to do so. Please let us know how we can help!

Carly C.

A really great online scheduling/payment software

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

The software is very easy to use and train employees on. Jackrabbit allows clients to store their credit card information online and makes it much easier for collecting payments. Love that everything we need is in one software- employee time clock, scheduling, payments, and online registration. Another great feature is the snapshot of revenue comparison and reports that you can pull from the information you gather. Customer support is absolutely phenomenal. They have guided me along the way since day one!

Cons

It doesn't fit every scheduling need we have. Although, after trying out 5-6 other scheduling softwares, Jackrabbit was by far the best fit. I don't particularly like the view (snapshot) of the schedules for instructors.

Annie L.

Customer Service is the best. The response is so quick and everyone is very friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

The software is pretty easy to navigate. We use the weekly page the most and all the updates have been very useful.

Cons

The software is not always user friendly. We have multiple classes at the same time with the same level. This makes it hard when we charge for tuition. I always have to go in and check certain fields to see if tuition was posted correctly. Most of the time it discounts to much. This is the biggest concern for me.

Jackie S.

Amazing, responsive database that makes managing your program very efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

efficiency, more time to spend on other duties!

Pros

The ease of use has to be the number one reason we like it best! Followed closely by the quick response from support when we can't figure something out or have ideas for improvement.

Cons

Can't think of one. Anytime we've come across something that didn't quite work well for us or found something we thought we needed, it was something that was in the works to be rolled out soon.

Jenifer R.

This system is great for our swim school. Easy to use with lots of functionality.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

I like that it can be accessed anywhere and that the staff can have different log in levels for their specific roles. It is also nice to have the time clock and attendance features accessible through a specific staff portal.

Cons

My least favorite piece of this software is that it does not provide opportunities to build your own reports. It has several useful reports, but everyone's needs are different.

Kimberly K.

Great software that saves time and Nice people to help anytime needed

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

More time to focus on everything else and less time having to do admin work.

Pros

You can almost do everything you need with in the software. They keep adding more and more integrations so eventually it will all be in one place and I love it.

Cons

I do not like the home page layout as it is a little intimidating to my new staff when training them and they find it confusing. Its okay once you get used to it though.

Kelly G.

We have been using Jack Rabbit for our swim school for about 6 years now! We love it.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

We love how receptive the company is too making suggested changes/improvements. The customer service staff is great. We could never manage our customer load without this software.

Cons

The cost is a little high

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thanks for your help in spreading the good word about Jackrabbit! We love it when our clients get great value from using our software and we hope that you continue to thrive and benefit from your Jackrabbit experience.

Dakota M.

JR is a great software and very easy to use. The best part about it is the customer support!

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Very easy to use and well organized. All of the reports are very helpful as well and it is very easy for our patrons to use the parent portal.

Pros

Cons

It doesn't quite do everything we would like it to do for our business so hopefully it can get there one day.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It¿s our hope that you
always find value in our features and functionality. We¿re always listening and
seeking out ways to help you continue your success.

Wendy M.

We have used Jackrabbit Swim for over 10 years now to manage our swim school customers.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

It's very user friendly, anyone can use it. We are able to manage thousands of customers, class schedules and multiple locations. JRC customer service is very helpful and responsive when we have issues.

Cons

We don't really have any complaints. Some reporting aspects are not as detailed as we would like but there is usually a way to figure out a way to get what we need.

Christina V.

Great program for new business owner

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Jackrabbit has made my small business run smoother and more seamless. Information is stored securely and in one place. Payment and transactions are current and easy to view. Customer service is above par with teammates always willing to answer your questions.

Pros

I love that using JackRabbit has taken on the administrative duties of my new small business. The registration form, auto data entry and ability to communicate with all clients at one time is amazing! I love that everything is very streamlined and easy to navigate. Most of my questions get answered if I just search the program myself for a few minutes. There are so many more features that I am not even utilizing but the ones that I do use have made my small swim school business so much easier to run!

Cons

There are some features that I don't use or still don't know how to use. My class schedule didn't show up exactly how I wanted it to look but I had a hard time changing the settings and columns for that. I also don't know how to manually enter a student into a class that has already begun.

Jeff G.

Superb Data Management software

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

excellent experience with Jackrabbits Swim. Customer service is terrific. Allows us to run our business with effectively. Staff can login and see what they need to see.

Pros

Highly functionable , excellent features that allows us to manage our database effectively and efficiently.

Cons

billed per student. Does not matter if enrolled or not. Moving to lead file helps, but lose that accounts data.

Courtney R.

Excellent software with equally excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

We have gotten great customer service with jackrabbit and have been really pleased with it so far. It has cut down on our time spent on administrative details significantly.

Pros

This software makes it so easy to schedule kids and keep track of all of the finances, schedules, etc.. Overall it’s pretty user friendly so doesn’t take too much time to figure out.

Cons

There are a few features like a search option that I would still like to see added. Also, we do not support JavaScript on our website right now and so the registration listing has not been excellent because we are not able to put it on our website it there are a few features like a search option (not just for families or classes but for functions) that I would still like to see added. Also, we do not support JavaScript on our website right now and so the html registration listing has not been excellent because we are not able to put it on our website it.

Brittany M.

User-friendly for the non-tech savvy

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

It is super user-friendly even for someone who is not a tech buff.
Cover class scheduling and billing as well as employee scheduling and payroll.
Has color-coded option which makes looking at the screen all day much easier.

Cons

some pages are unnecessary for my business so I wish there was a way to not make them invisible to my staffers.

Atik S.

Overall good software, just a little hard to use and seems overwhelming.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

We use this tool to enroll customer, schedule instructors, kids classes, complete transactions etc. This tool is very critical in running the business.

Pros

The website loads faster, even when on slow data connections or mobile devices. The canned reports are good and the ability to create and save favorites is helpful.

Cons

Has a hard learning curve and wish it had a better mobile option or an app that'd have been easy to use. Also wished it had ability to customize shortcuts, menus and the actions we would perform routinely.

7.0/10
Michelle R.

Easy to use, very manual.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

Has many resources, easy to look up families and students. This is my first exp w/ software like this, so I don't have much to compare it to.

Cons

Unable to customize for our business. General updates sometimes make simple things more challenging or have more steps due to the way our business runs.