4,5
Yohnathan C.
Industry: Telecommunications

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Pros

It is easy and straight forward to use. It will allow you to quickly create a board or roadmap without too many clicks.

Cons

When is time to jump into details or dependencies, splitting task and follow all the details in the same board/roadmap it gets complicated.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Rémi B.
Industry: Banking

Good product to involve multiple stakeholders

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

I am very happy for having selected that product, which changed completely the prioritization approach in my company.
I work with 20 countries (international product) and I was looking for a nice & intuitive tool that would help me collect the business value input from all of them.
I can very easily build the "Roadmap" using the priority score calculated in the system, which makes it transparent to everyone.

Pros

- Priority poker are easy to use and very powerful to make people involved in the priorization process
- Item mngt is intuitive (with a very nice filtering capability, thanks for that!)
- talking with the support team is easy and productive
- new features are released frequently improving the overall experience

Cons

- Paying a full "contributor" fee for inviting my local product users to organize one priority poker every 3 months is expensive...

Rishi C.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fantastic, simple and clear tool to see the wood from the tree's in our complex roadmaps

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

On boarding of an existing list of items is very easy, the custom tags allow you to group features/items so that when deciding on next set of improvements and functions, you can achieve economies of scale. The swim lane style structure really helps us visualise where we are, what we have prioritised, and what we have completed allowing easy to create presentations for stakeholders when communicating roadmaps and progress.

Cons

I'm not sure the feature voting function is something we will use, and it would be great to have a MoSCoW feature. The user roles and permissions also need evolving, change history would be extremely handy and a function to allow you to create unique ticket ID's would be fantastic, but these are improvements more then dislikes.

Simon A.
Industry: Utilities

New User

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Very satisfied and I will be taking on an editor subscription in order to keep using this product.

Pros

The software attachs well with Trello and gives the needed outputs that Trello does not provide alone, turning one data input into many useful visuals for use in managing tasks and projects while briefing at many levels.

Cons

Takes a while to get to grips with set ups for functionality, not as intuitive as I would like but then as I learn to adapt in my inputs this will be less of an issue.

Florian M.

Good and easy Tool for Product Prioritization

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Pros

* the good UI, easy to understand and use
* the possibility to configure the and weight the different parameters that are relevant for prioritization

Cons

* features like the chart tool are not configurable
* minor UI bugs, especially on smaller screensizes (not scrolling possible, relevant information not in viewport)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Louis S.
Industry: Internet

airfocus has really helped us prioritise and make the right product decisions in the last few months

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

One of my favorite things about airfocus was the setup process the wizard really guided me through it and I was able to easily setup the software the way I wanted to.
The bubble charts are a big help when it comes to discussing prioritization in-between teams when everyone has a different focus.

Cons

When I share a roadmap with a link, I would like to be able to set filters for the receiving persons view of the roadmap.

Martin L.

Trial period

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/09/12

I had been using a similar, proprietary tool in my previous work in a consulting and system integration company. Therefore using the tool was very straightforward and easy.
I like the different view, which give you different angles of what one is planning.

Unfortunately I could only spend little time using the tool, so I could not evaluate if the tool would be strong enough for my day to day job.

Pros

- chart view
- customer support
- integration with Trello

Cons

- price
- tasks created in airfocus need to be added manually to Trello
- features with similar scores overlap in chart view and become impossible to read

Ben F.
Industry: Online Media

Has some good features

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

Overall it has some great features, but is a bit limiting with permissions and pricing.

Pros

The Gantt Chart is good, and a functionality that trello doesn't have. The 'Prioritisation Poker' feature was also good for feature prioritisation, and I liked the visual matrix of feature priorities by value and cost.

Cons

The Kanban board doesn't really do anything that trello doesn't do. I also didn't like how limited the features were unless you bought more licences, which is harder for a startup like us.

The situation it left us with was using a trello kanban functionality as unless we paid more, people other than myself were view only. This was clunky because you had to manually push each change.

Wera S.

Intuitive and surprisingly strong strategy platform

Reviewed on 2018/04/22

Pros

Airfocus is an incredibly useful tool when it comes to scoring and planning of high level projects. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The set-up of my first scoring-document took me about 10 minutes.

Cons

So far, I haven't experienced any issues using airfocus. I hope they implement the CSV-Import feature soon.

Eric B.
Industry: Computer Software

Airfocus has helped us improve our focus!

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

We've been very happy with AirFocus and especially their support. The team has always been willing to answer any questions and point us in the right direction for any conundrums we encountered.

Pros

Airfocus is a clean, clear and concise way for us to prioritize our feature requests and backlog. It has helped to create more visibility within the organization on what the team is working on and have more direct say in what they want to have implemented.

Cons

We had a few issues initially with fitting our process into the software and had hoped for one or two more customizations around ranking, but overall that didn't negatively affect our experience.

Maryna N.
Industry: Computer Software

Must-have tool for product teams

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Helps to visualize our goals

Pros

I like that our product teams has all data in one tool. Import from Jira is done with a few clicks.

Cons

Setting up the Jira itegration for the first time is a bit tricky. You need Jira admin status for that.

Chris S.

Great Roadmap Tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

Pleasant

Pros

Very easy to use and move tasks around seamlessly.

Cons

Not that I have encountered yet but I will Airfocus know.

James D.
Industry: Sports

Great app

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Pros

- It's very easy to start using with the templates.
- Does it's one thing (prioritisation) well without having to have a full blown project management solution
- Integrations are a good start
- Customer support is fantastic

Cons

- Can be clunky to use at times (that is getting better)
- Would like to be able to automate status/colour/groupings based on actions
- Two way links to Jira would be great

Christian R.

Simple and powerful scoring tool

Reviewed on 2018/04/14

Pros

The simplicity of the UI/UX and the adaptability of the product is what really makes airfocus great. It can be used to prioritize anything really. We use it mostly for the prioritization of Epics for our development team.

Cons

The only suggestion I would have is to add a function - similar to planning poker in Jira - where all team members can score different ideas and the tool would use the average value.

Marine L.
Industry: Internet

Great tool when you don't have the luxury of a team dedicates to product development

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

Airfocus helped us prioritizing our feature requests by building scoring board. What allowed us introducing efficiently new features during product meetings. Also, it helped us understanding what features would be quick wins to implement. It gave us a structure, interesting tool if you don't have a Product Manager in your company.

Cons

Nothing really, the onboarding tour makes it easy to use it.

Perfect for remote times

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

It was easy to set up and configure, and it helped make the rest of the team feel engaged in the prioritization work particularly when everyone is working remotely.

Cons

There were some limitations and issues with the Jira integration that cause duplicated cards to be created when doing a new import of cards into an existing board. I probably missed some steps in the mapping that caused this issue.

Mario P.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The very best tool to score you best ideas and projects

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/02/22

We are evaluating the business opportunities. We are scoring them according to different criteria to see which ones we should tackle first.

Pros

Flexibility on how you can define your evaluation criteria, you can share the evaluation matrix with others so they can all evaluate on the same criteria.

Cons

Really the only thing we desliked was the price range. For us to use it as a team it is to high. It really depends on what use you wanna give it. If you need it weekly, then the price tag can make sense.

Paula O.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Agile Product Management Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

Ability to determine value of features based on ROI

Pros

Prioritization capabilities were superior!

Cons

Reporting capabilities were lack luste and need some improvements.

Perry V.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Overall good product

Overall a good product

Pros

Functionality is good and is easy to use.

Cons

Under the trial there are several limitations that make its use difficult

Daniel K.
Industry: Computer Software

Good software, lacks some time planning features

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

It was really good for me to organize our team ideas and tasks. I used it to get an overview, but my main task was to organize nut just the priority but also make a time planning. The time planning failed for me because the timeline features did not match my expectations. Overall it is a good planning tool for me, but I only used it one time to organize our staff and then I exported it to make time planning in other tools. I would definitely recommend this tool to other product teams when it comes to prioritization and organization, but the time planning features need a little bit more features.

Pros

It is easy to use and manage your ideas/tasks. The categorization of ideas and value algorithms can be adjusted very easy, this gives the user maximum flexibility. Prioritization planning works really good.

Cons

The timeline usability was bad, setting up lots of tasks/ideas was really pain. What I was missing mostly was the ability to relate ideas/tasks to milestones. You can set milestones in time, but you can not assign ideas to milestones.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Serge R.
Industry: Utilities

Fresh breeze for prioritization

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Using air.focus mainly for keeping users and stakeholders in touch with our Software development process. Its chart view and timeline are easy to read and interpretate. Screenshots from air.focus can be used for quaterly presentations in Front of the stakeholders on the management level.

Pros

can be used as a power-up for Trello,
good seamless integration with Trello,
synchronization works well between the two,
motivates users of our software products to contribute and clarify their requests for features,
high learning curve for editors (Team internal) and contributers (external),
clear message with regard to the commitment point (which features will be implemented by the Team)

Cons

adding a criteria leads to losing scoring for all items,
value axis of a criteria cannot be scaled after its definition

Robert W.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Quick to setup, however needs additional functionality

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Very positive, however I am interested in what kind of customisations that can be done for our organizations needs

Pros

Very easy to setup the roadmapping tool, and in particular, I like the ability to create dependencies with the drag and drop functionality

Cons

I wish that you could manually enter in the dates for items on the timeline, it can be difficult and time consuming to have to next arrow to many years down the line

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mariana M.
Industry: Internet

Amazing and beautiful project management and roadmapping tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

We do our complete marketing planning with airfocus. It's very easy and time efficient.

Pros

I really love the visualized priority charts. Haven't seen something like this before. airfocus is easy to use and makes our planning simple.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. It could be a bit less time consuming to copy manually added items to another workspace. But I guess that is an edge case.

Jason D.

Great roadmap planning tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Good product and quick responses on support questions. Very happy with the product.

Pros

The Trello integration and timeline features are most useful to me.

Cons

The board portion isn't something we use much, since we have Trello.

Brett G.
Industry: Entertainment

Great at what it does

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

A simple, yet powerful, tool to use as a roadmap that can be published to stakeholders as needed.

Pros

The detailed and configurable initiative scoring is exactly what we needed to evaluate future projects. The priority poker tool they have created is also an amazing way to unearth really productive conversations with all of our seniors.

Cons

I had a few things, but then they released an update and all of my concerns were addressed. It's like they were listening! I would like to maybe see some deeper integration of OKRs or other ways to communicate and do a basic tracking of progress towards annual objectives.