Serge R.
  • Industry: Utilities

Fresh breeze for prioritization

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Using air.focus mainly for keeping users and stakeholders in touch with our Software development process. Its chart view and timeline are easy to read and interpretate. Screenshots from air.focus can be used for quaterly presentations in Front of the stakeholders on the management level.

Pros

can be used as a power-up for Trello,
good seamless integration with Trello,
synchronization works well between the two,
motivates users of our software products to contribute and clarify their requests for features,
high learning curve for editors (Team internal) and contributers (external),
clear message with regard to the commitment point (which features will be implemented by the Team)

Cons

adding a criteria leads to losing scoring for all items,
value axis of a criteria cannot be scaled after its definition

Robert W.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Quick to setup, however needs additional functionality

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Very positive, however I am interested in what kind of customisations that can be done for our organizations needs

Pros

Very easy to setup the roadmapping tool, and in particular, I like the ability to create dependencies with the drag and drop functionality

Cons

I wish that you could manually enter in the dates for items on the timeline, it can be difficult and time consuming to have to next arrow to many years down the line

Daniel K.

Good software, lacks some time planning features

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

It was really good for me to organize our team ideas and tasks. I used it to get an overview, but my main task was to organize nut just the priority but also make a time planning. The time planning failed for me because the timeline features did not match my expectations. Overall it is a good planning tool for me, but I only used it one time to organize our staff and then I exported it to make time planning in other tools. I would definitely recommend this tool to other product teams when it comes to prioritization and organization, but the time planning features need a little bit more features.

Pros

It is easy to use and manage your ideas/tasks. The categorization of ideas and value algorithms can be adjusted very easy, this gives the user maximum flexibility. Prioritization planning works really good.

Cons

The timeline usability was bad, setting up lots of tasks/ideas was really pain. What I was missing mostly was the ability to relate ideas/tasks to milestones. You can set milestones in time, but you can not assign ideas to milestones.

Mariana M.

Amazing and beautiful project management and roadmapping tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

We do our complete marketing planning with airfocus. It's very easy and time efficient.

Pros

I really love the visualized priority charts. Haven't seen something like this before. airfocus is easy to use and makes our planning simple.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. It could be a bit less time consuming to copy manually added items to another workspace. But I guess that is an edge case.

Jason D.

Great roadmap planning tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Good product and quick responses on support questions. Very happy with the product.

Pros

The Trello integration and timeline features are most useful to me.

Cons

The board portion isn't something we use much, since we have Trello.

Brett G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great at what it does

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

A simple, yet powerful, tool to use as a roadmap that can be published to stakeholders as needed.

Pros

The detailed and configurable initiative scoring is exactly what we needed to evaluate future projects. The priority poker tool they have created is also an amazing way to unearth really productive conversations with all of our seniors.

Cons

I had a few things, but then they released an update and all of my concerns were addressed. It's like they were listening! I would like to maybe see some deeper integration of OKRs or other ways to communicate and do a basic tracking of progress towards annual objectives.

Philippe F.

Great for prioritizing the product development cycle.

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Would highly recommend. For this price it's actually a no-brainer for every business that wants to set their priorities right.

Pros

As a compnay we were struggling with prioritizing and answering the 'what's next?' question. Airfocus is a great tool to help you do this in a transparant and convenient way.

Cons

These guys are working really hard and the software gets updated on a regular bases. At the moment we are just missing some simple editing (copy, move,...) features, but they are already on the roadmap.

Evan D.

Great for product road mapping

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Airfocus has been really helpful in helping us prioritize what we build and promoted better product management practices in our business.

Pros

My product team uses airfocus to scope potential features. It's slick and works really well. We particularly like the chart that demonstrates because it gives a quick overview of which features we should be directing our energy to and which ones we should cut. this also promotes the right behaviours among the team when considering features.

Cons

Can take a bit of getting used to, and one of the team had to invest a lot of time into setting it up. Using it a Jira separately can be a bit of a chore, but maybe the Jira integration can help with this?

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

It is really easy to use and most likely that anyone without any knowledge will be able to work with this tool

Cons

it should have more integrations to other tools.

Julia A.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Legal review

Very good!

Pros

The possibility of diferente charts for view.

Cons

Delay integration with Trello for status.

Philipp M.

Great UX and incredibly useful

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

It`s so simple but has crazy impact. It`s not supposed to make decisions for you but you might rethink your priorities after using it.

Cons

Nothing really as it perfectly complements our Trello workflows. We host a monthly strategy meeting. One thing that would be fantastic to give everyone in that meeting a way to secretly score our projects. Once everyone is done, an average value should be uncovered. That way everyone gets his vote. All in all a great user experience.

Paul V.

Great tool for product management across multiple issue trackers

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

useful tool on top of multiple issue trackers. Support is very helpful and proactive.

Pros

It integrates well with Jira epics. That gives a great overview on major development topics across multiple projects. The export / share feature also helps to give customers insights in the development roadmap.

Cons

It currently lacks native Github integration. I've been told it's work in progress, so hopefully that's added soon.

Iván L.

Airfocus quick review

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

It's good, but I still prefer more user friendly tools such as Monday or clickup

Pros

You can visualize task in different graphics

Cons

sometimes the user interface tends to be complex

David V.

Love airfocus

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Pros

Easy way to score features objectively and push them to Trello

Cons

I really like the product and don't have any issues

Sullivan S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Gantt Chart

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Pros

I love the gantt chart feature, being able to edit by dragging each action item is a huge plus! also the milestone feature is great

Cons

The dependencies interactions on items that are in different groups is hard to work with, and creates visual clutter

Cameron C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Airfocus Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Airfocus is helping our team organize our project activities into Sprints in the Kanban board as well as giving us a high-level overview in the Gantt Roadmap. The Priority Chart is a cool feature which is allowing us to evaluate projects based on voting/ranking. Overall our experience with Airfocus was been very positive.

Pros

The first thing my team and I liked most about this software is that it covers all the bases for project management: Gantt roadmap, Kanban board and the Priority Chart. The second thing we liked most was how easy it was to use and how it effortlessly integrated into Trello. The customization was the icing on the cake; it allows you to create custom weights for your items and then graphs those items in the Priority Chart which gives a nice high-level overview of your activities in terms of priority. My team was very impressed with this functionality. Finally, the customer service has been outstanding. Representative, their head of marketing & sales has promptly responded to every question and even took a call on short notice to help us address a couple of hiccups which their dev team quickly resolved.

Cons

At the moment Airfocus does not have a dependency feature, which would be great for the Gantt roadmap. Having a visual dependency link between items would make Airfocus and one-stop-shop for all things project management. However, representative has told me that this functionality should be available very soon. One other potential con is, depending on the size of your business, the cost of the editor license. It´s not cheap but for the scale and duration of my team´s projects, it certainly has been worth it so far.

Rob H.

Roadmaps Reimagined

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

I loved how quickly they responded to my set-up (team-related questions) issues. They have well-deserved confidence in their product and they were happy to let me share the product (for a limited amount of time) with other co-workers to get company buy-in for the purchase.

Pros

A the kids say, It is intuitive asf. It required almost little to no time to familiarize myself with the feature set and how to make use of them which is rare in a new piece of software.

Cons

Well I understand the reasons why, it is not all that easy to share/collaborate with teams outside of your product group.

Mike K.

A great help for prioritizing your development roadmap

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Our overall experience has been a fairly good one. Our team was pretty excited to see the voting feature and the chart view. We thought it was helpful. Like I mentioned above, I believe it took me a little too much digging to figure out what to do after signing up.

Pros

The items and chart sections are my most frequently visited sections. I use the items view to see the prioritized list of projects and their scores and the chart view has been helpful to visualize and highlight the quick win projects.

Your integration with Asana (and other project management platforms) is brilliant. It helped us get our data in quickly which helps our adoption rate of your product, and it helps us be efficient because we don't have to update information in multiple spots

Cons

I think educating your customers could be improved. You may have a lot of helpful content, but it wasn't at the forefront of my onboarding experience. For our business we use ActiveCampaign for our email automations and we setup an "onboarding sequence" that gives our users a nugget of help each day for the first 7 days (during their trial) to educate them on how to setup their websites with us. Those emails have a video tutorial for each feature which seems to really help. We've learned that the more information the user inputs into our system, the more likely they are to continue using it, which reduces our churn greatly. It seems you have a great product but I would really like to understand it more so I get the value out of it.

Jennifer W.

airfocus review

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

I think rep was very helpful, which made the whole trial experience much nicer for us.

Pros

It's easy to use, which makes it great for when you need to onboard new team members - the other tools were too complicated to use for what we needed at the moment
The Board view is exactly what we needed for our roadmap
The timeline feature is also very useful for our Hardware teams
Aesthetics was also a very big reason why we decided to use this tool
I also like that we can customize the value indicators

Cons

The one major thing I noticed, is that it's hard to close / archive a full month (column) in the Board view. You are only allowed to delete it, and then you have to archive all the cards.

I think there are some key features missing:
* I wish we could see links for all the previous share views set up, not just the API key, this doesn't help
* I wish we could edit the settings we had for all previous share views
* I wish we could link workspaces so that I could make smaller workspaces but still see an overview of all workspaces
* I wish there was a way to save the custom colors and assign color to JIRA integrations so that I don't have to re-color everything everytime I have new items coming in

Response from airfocus

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for your helpful feedback. I created feature requests from your feedback and hope to get most of it done soonish. All points make complete sense. Please find them on our public roadmap: http://bit.ly/airfocus-roadmap.

Please also get in touch via chat, whenever you have questions or feedback.

Irma H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great tool for product managers

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

In general I am satisfied with it. Looking forward to seeing more improvements from the team.

Pros

I like that it gives option to create customized boards, ability to create customized tags for each board and also to create different ratings on each card per user value, financial benefit and also time for delivery. This helps me a lot when it comes to creating a priorities for next features to be delivered. I very much so like and use the preview of items that represent small wins and those that are to be dropped for now.

Cons

I did not like that I experienced kind of distability. Occasionally it is not working or it stops work and I am changing browsers to make it work.

Joel T.

Not expensive and sleek

Reviewed on 2019/10/06

Pros

- Has jira integration!
- Has the bubble charts for drivers (rating system)
- not expensive

Cons

- doesn't have open voting for team/customers.

Sigrid B.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Ready-set-go!

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

it's really "ready-set-go" and with learning the possibilities you can give more input and receive more output
you can start small and build it up
very intuitive

Pros

Easy to define features and link them to teams and epics
Able to define the values and put a score on it. Even able to change them later on without much effort.
Visualisation of the features on the chart gives you a great overview and information
Timeline is easy to manage without to much needed information

Cons

still need to find cons.
Sometimes you have to finetune or rethink some things, but it's not that you have to start from scratch.

• Industry: Utilities

Product Roadmapping with AirFocus

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Overall we have really taken to AirFocus as a company and are using it across our organization's functions. The ease of use, nice UI, and ability to rank features is what makes it most impactful for us.

Pros

I like how this software is simple to use for Product Roadmapping - my main use case as Chief Product Officer. One feature that really stands out for me with AirFocus is the ability to define a weighting scale and weight your features. The view that shows you most important to least important features is very helpful in making decisions on what to prioritize on your roadmap.

Cons

I'd like to see more fine grained user controls (along with more user tracking of who makes what changes on the roadmap). There have been a few instances where other users changed my roadmap (we also use it for business/tech roadmapping) and it wasn't easy to tell what was changed.

Response from airfocus

Thanks for the inspiring and helpful review. We're already working on a granular item history/change log. 100% understood that this is needed. All the best.

Shannon C.

Great product for streamlining project management

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

It's very easy to learn, covers all of our company's needs, and was easy to integrate with Trello. The prioritization element has been really helpful in aligning what senior leadership thinks is important with what individual teams are conveying is important. It's also been great to demonstrate the amount of time projects make, especially to people who don't have knowledge of marketing processes and procedures.

Pros

The prioritization element and the ability to integrate with Trello.

Cons

It's a bit pricey to have multiple editors - would be great if the package levels increased the number of editors not just contributors.

John L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Simple but effective

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Pros

Was easy to setup and build a road map of existing products the team is working on

Cons

Missing a few features we would like such as adding tasks to the road map items and creating dependencies