CanvasJS Charts Reviews

CanvasJS Charts

HTML5 JavaScript charts for data visualization

4.7/5 (86 reviews)
Sang N.

The chart has been working great so far. There are a few minor issues, but insignificant.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

This software is the missing piece in the design for my portfolio website. I used the column and pie charts to dynamically display my skills to the potential employers. This tool is great to use, but if only you know how to configure the chart to fit well within your design. Fortunately, CanvasJS provides users with rich documentations along with a great forum on their website.

In the future, I will recommend my colleagues or my clients if they want to add some animated charts to make their websites more dynamic and lively.

Thank you CanvasJS for such a great product. I will make a purchase for a full license once I got a job in my future career.

Pros

This tool offers me and the users a great experience with stunning animation and interactivity. Additionally, the chart responds really well with different screen resolutions except for high resolution monitors (1920px and above).

Cons

So far, there has not been any issue with this software. However, it would be better if the chart can display well on large monitors such as 4k screens or high resolution desktop screens. The chart does not scale really well on large size or high resolution screens. On the high resolution screen (1920px and above), the chart displays the same as when it is on 1360px resolution. My recommendation is to make the y-axis spans wider, the column becomes larger and higher, or the pie chart becomes larger to fit well with the whole design.

Also, the developer teams should add some theme options to the chart. As for now, there are only 4 options for me to choose from. I am not sure if that is because of the limit of my software (I am using non-commercial version of the software), or I will get some more themes as I upgraded my version to commercial.

Anyway, those are a just some minor issues; and they did not have many significant effects on my website. I just feel that it would be better if the chart can scale well to fit with other parts of the website.

Thank you CanvasJS .

Leon C.

CanvasJS Trail Evaluation

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

CanvasJS Charts in my opinion, is probably one for the best charting solutions out there. They offer a variety of charts, giving the best possible view for your data.

Once the charts are up and running and you have a understanding of the charts, it becomes a lot easier to manage and to achieve your desired outcome.

I also appreciate the fact that consideration is taken for personal use, and that one isn't loaded with a hefty price tag when using the graphs for personal use.

Pros

The charts are very clean and crisp.
Large variety of charts allowing you to find the perfect chart for what you are presenting.
Filtering on charts give them a "Live" and Dynamic feel even if you are displaying static data.
Quick response to queries.

Cons

Initially the charts are not the easiest to get up and running, making it difficult to evaluate effectively, however this could possibly also be due to my level of experience.
The support team seems reluctant to assist you if you are a trail user, which is understandable as they need to make a profit, that said it does restrict you in properly evaluating the software.

Pauline G.

Great Charting Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Pros

Its very customizable to our product needs.
Great documentation which is extremely helpful.
Fast Quality customer support when we have any issues.

Cons

No complaints right now. It does what we want and customer support is fast.

Ian B.

Simple and Affordable

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Like the title says, the software is simple to integrate and very affordable for all it offers.

Pros

The integration is simple and the price is perfect for what is offered. Multiple charts and graphs to choose from and they always are keeping updated and adding more features and functionality.

Cons

There really is nothing we dislike. Have been using it for years and never had any issues.

Allen C.

Exceptional Performance

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

The capability to handle MASSIVE data is simply amazing. I tried to use Chart.js for my project but it was having a hard time handling just over 120 data points. Then I switched to CanvasJS, and although it took a bit of work for me to re-wire all the connections and format the data, the work paid off well - CanvasJS can handle more than 20,000 with such ease! I am just impressed deeply and determined to go further with it.

Cons

The time / date support for the library is rather limited. Chart.js supports all data formats from moment.js (I guess that's also why its performance is sacrificed?), so I would really like to see CanvasJS provides more time/date support.

Nate R.

Excellent charts

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Again these charts are second to none. This has worked well for a logging output I created and I love it

Pros

These charts are so easy to use and have a beautiful display. The multitude of uses and styles make this the perfect charting software in the world. There’s really nothing better.

Cons

Nothing other than when browsers updated it partially broke but it’s not the fault of CanvasJS.

Sandeep H.

Super Fast Data Visualization Library

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Dashboards using CanvasJS

Pros

It works with millions of data points with a breeze. Our dashboards were super fast and never crashed. That's the advantage of using HTML Canvas over traditions SVG charts.

Dileep kumar K.

Amazing capabilities with good documentation

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

Documentation. Out of the box funcationality

Cons

Missing free version with attribution link

Bhavya S.

woderful tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

easy to customised and can be integrated easily in your application of all type

Cons

The number of dynamics graphs are very few

Khanh L.

Best chart library ever forever

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

CanvasJS give Charts are providing the variety of graph types, which help customers who can be developers/business people/UI-UX designer easily accommodate and demonstrate the data.

The other thing is it provides many options for flexible customization. To sum up, it is worth for what we pay.

Cons

Several graph options/behaviours need to be added and I also create the question in forum.

Zakaria R.

best graph ever

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

I have used in my project its just work perfect

Pros

easy to work and good UX also I have used in my project its just work perfect

Cons

UI is perfect and i used well it work almost in any programing language, i just like it

Student Supports

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/10

Pros

CanvasJS provide any charts students need. As a student majoring in computer science who is currently working on a project in developing / learning AI, it is a huge help. Using CanvasJS, it helps me a lot to represent the data in diagram/chart in real-time. I can easily integrate it with web-base programming which make it even more useful. CanvasJS also gives free license to students, which save me from paying stuffs for only my university project.

Cons

As far as i know, i have nothing to argue since i enjoyed using CanvasJS. But, if i may suggest, i would prefer to switch the type of code (e.g. between javascript and react) side by side. I don't need to navigate to integration then select the type of code i want to select and finally look for the chart again.

7.0/10

I am a developer it's easy to implement on my site

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

Data binding process is very simple and very easy
There have loasts of type of chart that helpful for user

Cons

There need to be some extra options for styles like fonts and visibility css change on options that very helpful for designer also

Great Value!

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

When I began looking for a platform to use for our charting, I did not even imagine some of the capabilities that CanvasJS provides us. Their customer service has also been great, and they have answered all of my questions quickly and accurately.

Pros

I was so excited to find CanvasJS. Their platform helped me to create a dashboard that draws our potential customers in right from the beginning. With functionality like tooltips when hovering over an item, our clients really get a good view of what their data means.

Cons

I have been extremely satisfied using this product. I can't think of anything I have been dissatisfied with.

Manjunath H.

Very easy to visualize data

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

We are a non profit organization. It was very easy to build dashboards with CanvasJS charting library.

Cons

There are several readily available dashboard codes available. Suggest to add more features to dashboards.

Searched for days..

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

It was the best looking easiest to use library I could find. It fulfilled the need I had for the website I was working on, making my life A LOT easier.

Pros

- Ease of customization
- Easy to install
- Very well documented
- Looks better than most
- Quick customer service

Cons

I have used it for over a week now, and haven't ran into much. My one thing I wish was available, would be the ability to put padding between a column chart label and the chart itself, and to possible be able to center the text under it. But that's just personal preference for a project I am working on.

Reviewing of Canvas

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Pros

The easy way of implement a new graph. The models are really easy and explain all functionalitys.

Cons

I implemented a lot of graphs and I didn't find anny dificulty.

Benoit D.

Easy chart

Reviewed on 2019/01/06

Pros

I used D3 in the past and I admit it, I spent days trying to create a good looking chart. The data were never in a good format, line were crossing over the other ones... Creating chart with CanvasJS is as easy as creating a JSON and send it it. Your chart will create themselves. The numbers of options on those chart are pretty amazing too, changing background color, cursor, datetime format, vertical and horizontal lines, ...

Cons

nothing yet ! I really do not think of one to write down

Matheus B.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

If you need something really simple and easy to use, that's the framework that you are looking for. CanvasJS allows me to create multiple types of Graphs and some really cool features.

Cons

It is easy to implement the graph, but it is not so easy to implement some other functionalities.

Manoj M.

Best JavaScript Charting Library for Visualization

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

-Responsive Charts that can render across devices like iPhone/iPad, Android, Desktops, etc.
-High Performance Charts
-30 Different Types of Charts
-Power-Packed Features like Multiseries, Multiple axes, Crosshair, Tooltip, Events, etc
-Supports light and dark themes also supports custom colors
-More customization options
-Good Commercial Pricing

Cons

-Gauges, Treemaps are missing
-More customization options for axis like control over label, tick, grid can be separated.

More features with higher quility

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Overall we picked this library against Dev Express because of performance on big charts. We still use DevExpress for other features, but this lib is good for plots

Pros

I like box plots and performance of the plots

Cons

Legend and other small things with series could be buggy. But these issues are not critical. We can see many errors in the browser error console.

great for developers

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

Friendlier and more interactive for ease of use. It is easy to integrate functionality with array and dictionaries.

Cons

We would like to be able to manipulate the graphs more for the use of backgrounds and branding as an OEM.

Craig H.

Reviewed on 2019/06/09

Being able to view data in an easy to read chart has made a big difference.

Pros

Very easy to use and integrate. The charts are displayed easily and look very professional.

Cons

The initial cost was a little scary for a startup business.

Love it

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Pros

It is easy to use. We can change a lot of features by move finger to change from "true" to "false"

Cons

The only reason I could not love it is expensive, but it supports students to do projects,so it is great deal!

Adi P.

CanvasJS is very easy to use to create a chart with a beautiful view and powerful.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

the data representation is easy to read so my website is very powerful
the value of my website can be more valuable in the eyes of the user

Pros

very fast rendering speed
1. how to make it very easy to understand
2. look beautiful and smooth
3. available many models of charts
4. support many browsers and can run on android native

Cons

the price is a bit expensive but actually it does not matter because more benefitnya if we use CanvasJS