CanvasJS Charts

Leon C.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

CanvasJS Trail Evaluation

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

CanvasJS Charts in my opinion, is probably one for the best charting solutions out there. They offer a variety of charts, giving the best possible view for your data.

Once the charts are up and running and you have a understanding of the charts, it becomes a lot easier to manage and to achieve your desired outcome.

I also appreciate the fact that consideration is taken for personal use, and that one isn't loaded with a hefty price tag when using the graphs for personal use.

Pros

The charts are very clean and crisp.
Large variety of charts allowing you to find the perfect chart for what you are presenting.
Filtering on charts give them a "Live" and Dynamic feel even if you are displaying static data.
Quick response to queries.

Cons

Initially the charts are not the easiest to get up and running, making it difficult to evaluate effectively, however this could possibly also be due to my level of experience.
The support team seems reluctant to assist you if you are a trail user, which is understandable as they need to make a profit, that said it does restrict you in properly evaluating the software.

Best JS charting plugin

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Very good quality graphs. Just really wish the price would be less.

Pros

It really is as fast on render as the developers claim. You can have multiple graphs overlay one another. Render functions are easily extendable.

Cons

The price isn't justifiable. Customer support isn't the best.
Complex graphs like a floating bar graph, isn't available standardly, so you'll have to custom code around the normal column graph.
Cannot directly display graph values from a csv or excel file

Response from Fenopix Technologies

Thanks for your review.

We do offer discounts to startups. Please reach out to [email protected] and we will help you.

Steve H.
Industry: Internet

I've paid and they won't deliver

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

If they would deliver the software I paid for I think it would work well, but taking my money and not delivering the product gets 1 stars everywhere.

Pros

The trial version made nice charts. IT seemed like a good fit for our project but the customer service has been zero help.

Cons

They won't give me my license. Nowhere in the ordering process did they say that delivery would be delayed. It has been over 24 hours and I'm still waiting.

Response from Fenopix Technologies

Dear Steve,
We sincerely apologize that you had to face delays in accessing the product. The scenario was not in our hand. The ordering system is completely automated and you get access once your payment is confirmed. In your case unfortunately your order was on-hold by payment gateway's fraud check algorithms. It was one of the rare occurrences.

We did respond back to you and provided manual access to CanvasJS commercial version.

We are also in process of changing current payment gateway so that others users never have to face such issue.

We would request you to reconsider your review, keeping in mind about all the CanvasJS features and not just this indecent.

Team CanvasJS

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Benoit D.
Industry: Computer Software

Graph ? You got it !

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Having graph on your website becomes easy with CanvasJS !

Pros

This script is very good to have graphs ! It can print a graph with a lot of data (100 000 points) in no time ! A lot of different graphs are available

Cons

A free version exist if you use it for non commercial purpose, otherwise, you need to pay for it !

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I am a developer it's easy to implement on my site

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

Data binding process is very simple and very easy
There have loasts of type of chart that helpful for user

Cons

There need to be some extra options for styles like fonts and visibility css change on options that very helpful for designer also

Industry: Program Development

Great Value!

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

When I began looking for a platform to use for our charting, I did not even imagine some of the capabilities that CanvasJS provides us. Their customer service has also been great, and they have answered all of my questions quickly and accurately.

Pros

I was so excited to find CanvasJS. Their platform helped me to create a dashboard that draws our potential customers in right from the beginning. With functionality like tooltips when hovering over an item, our clients really get a good view of what their data means.

Cons

I have been extremely satisfied using this product. I can't think of anything I have been dissatisfied with.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Searched for days..

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

It was the best looking easiest to use library I could find. It fulfilled the need I had for the website I was working on, making my life A LOT easier.

Pros

- Ease of customization
- Easy to install
- Very well documented
- Looks better than most
- Quick customer service

Cons

I have used it for over a week now, and haven't ran into much. My one thing I wish was available, would be the ability to put padding between a column chart label and the chart itself, and to possible be able to center the text under it. But that's just personal preference for a project I am working on.

Obaid A.

Abel to create sophisticated charts for learning

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Data visualizations

Pros

The chart is given to you with preset data, which allows you to change the values. I prefer this, then having to create bar charts, out from scratch. This really helps the overall flow of the project.

Cons

I would have to say, the F&Q page. to learn how to use Csv with canvas charts. Another issue would be the trial version logo. Thank you for removing it

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

the best graph and chart library you can use in your life

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

using it in my project it's solved all my problem thanks to CANAVASJS

Pros

it's easy to use and easy to attach to your project and also the support you till you solve all your problems.

Cons

this software is really good and easy to use if you wanna solve ur chart issue, u have just buy and use they will help you till to be satisfied

George V.
Industry: Research

Great Tool For

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

What I am creating are webpage mock-up with intergrated charts, this to show that I can implement data analysis within a webdevelopment invironment.

Pros

Canvas.Js is a vital chart tool for any web anaylist developer It has support for Javascript, Angular, just to name a few. It has support for back end, what I like about CanvasJs Charts is it's flexablilty, I would highly recommend this. there are ways to intergrate the charts with {Excel} ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-core-concepts)

Cons

the pricing can be slighty /high/ for personal use however there are many code snippet that you can use.

Sang N.

The chart has been working great so far. There are a few minor issues, but insignificant.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

This software is the missing piece in the design for my portfolio website. I used the column and pie charts to dynamically display my skills to the potential employers. This tool is great to use, but if only you know how to configure the chart to fit well within your design. Fortunately, CanvasJS provides users with rich documentations along with a great forum on their website.

In the future, I will recommend my colleagues or my clients if they want to add some animated charts to make their websites more dynamic and lively.

Thank you CanvasJS for such a great product. I will make a purchase for a full license once I got a job in my future career.

Pros

This tool offers me and the users a great experience with stunning animation and interactivity. Additionally, the chart responds really well with different screen resolutions except for high resolution monitors (1920px and above).

Cons

So far, there has not been any issue with this software. However, it would be better if the chart can display well on large monitors such as 4k screens or high resolution desktop screens. The chart does not scale really well on large size or high resolution screens. On the high resolution screen (1920px and above), the chart displays the same as when it is on 1360px resolution. My recommendation is to make the y-axis spans wider, the column becomes larger and higher, or the pie chart becomes larger to fit well with the whole design.

Also, the developer teams should add some theme options to the chart. As for now, there are only 4 options for me to choose from. I am not sure if that is because of the limit of my software (I am using non-commercial version of the software), or I will get some more themes as I upgraded my version to commercial.

Anyway, those are a just some minor issues; and they did not have many significant effects on my website. I just feel that it would be better if the chart can scale well to fit with other parts of the website.

Thank you CanvasJS .

Pauline G.

Great Charting Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Pros

Its very customizable to our product needs.
Great documentation which is extremely helpful.
Fast Quality customer support when we have any issues.

Cons

No complaints right now. It does what we want and customer support is fast.

Ian B.
Industry: Online Media

Simple and Affordable

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Like the title says, the software is simple to integrate and very affordable for all it offers.

Pros

The integration is simple and the price is perfect for what is offered. Multiple charts and graphs to choose from and they always are keeping updated and adding more features and functionality.

Cons

There really is nothing we dislike. Have been using it for years and never had any issues.

Allen C.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Exceptional Performance

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

The capability to handle MASSIVE data is simply amazing. I tried to use Chart.js for my project but it was having a hard time handling just over 120 data points. Then I switched to CanvasJS, and although it took a bit of work for me to re-wire all the connections and format the data, the work paid off well - CanvasJS can handle more than 20,000 with such ease! I am just impressed deeply and determined to go further with it.

Cons

The time / date support for the library is rather limited. Chart.js supports all data formats from moment.js (I guess that's also why its performance is sacrificed?), so I would really like to see CanvasJS provides more time/date support.

Nate R.
Industry: Entertainment

Excellent charts

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Again these charts are second to none. This has worked well for a logging output I created and I love it

Pros

These charts are so easy to use and have a beautiful display. The multitude of uses and styles make this the perfect charting software in the world. There’s really nothing better.

Cons

Nothing other than when browsers updated it partially broke but it’s not the fault of CanvasJS.

Sandeep H.

Super Fast Data Visualization Library

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Dashboards using CanvasJS

Pros

It works with millions of data points with a breeze. Our dashboards were super fast and never crashed. That's the advantage of using HTML Canvas over traditions SVG charts.

Dileep kumar K.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing capabilities with good documentation

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

Documentation. Out of the box funcationality

Cons

Missing free version with attribution link

Bhavya S.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

woderful tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Pros

easy to customised and can be integrated easily in your application of all type

Cons

The number of dynamics graphs are very few

Khanh L.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best chart library ever forever

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

CanvasJS give Charts are providing the variety of graph types, which help customers who can be developers/business people/UI-UX designer easily accommodate and demonstrate the data.

The other thing is it provides many options for flexible customization. To sum up, it is worth for what we pay.

Cons

Several graph options/behaviours need to be added and I also create the question in forum.

Zakaria R.
Industry: Industrial Automation

best graph ever

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

I have used in my project its just work perfect

Pros

easy to work and good UX also I have used in my project its just work perfect

Cons

UI is perfect and i used well it work almost in any programing language, i just like it

Industry: Education Management

Student Supports

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/10

Pros

CanvasJS provide any charts students need. As a student majoring in computer science who is currently working on a project in developing / learning AI, it is a huge help. Using CanvasJS, it helps me a lot to represent the data in diagram/chart in real-time. I can easily integrate it with web-base programming which make it even more useful. CanvasJS also gives free license to students, which save me from paying stuffs for only my university project.

Cons

As far as i know, i have nothing to argue since i enjoyed using CanvasJS. But, if i may suggest, i would prefer to switch the type of code (e.g. between javascript and react) side by side. I don't need to navigate to integration then select the type of code i want to select and finally look for the chart again.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Manjunath H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Very easy to visualize data

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

We are a non profit organization. It was very easy to build dashboards with CanvasJS charting library.

Cons

There are several readily available dashboard codes available. Suggest to add more features to dashboards.

Reviewing of Canvas

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Pros

The easy way of implement a new graph. The models are really easy and explain all functionalitys.

Cons

I implemented a lot of graphs and I didn't find anny dificulty.

Matheus B.
Industry: Computer Software

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

If you need something really simple and easy to use, that's the framework that you are looking for. CanvasJS allows me to create multiple types of Graphs and some really cool features.

Cons

It is easy to implement the graph, but it is not so easy to implement some other functionalities.

Manoj M.

Best JavaScript Charting Library for Visualization

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

-Responsive Charts that can render across devices like iPhone/iPad, Android, Desktops, etc.
-High Performance Charts
-30 Different Types of Charts
-Power-Packed Features like Multiseries, Multiple axes, Crosshair, Tooltip, Events, etc
-Supports light and dark themes also supports custom colors
-More customization options
-Good Commercial Pricing

Cons

-Gauges, Treemaps are missing
-More customization options for axis like control over label, tick, grid can be separated.