MuniBilling Reviews

MuniBilling

Cloud-based utility billing and property management software

(33 reviews)
Pauline B.

Stall billing

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

We started with the support staff who worked with us to program MuniBilling to our needs and then acted as our account manager for some time. When he moved on, the other one took over and didn't miss a beat. I have always been very, very happy with the service and appreciate all the help that we have received. I look forward to working with him more as we continue.

Pros

We have a very specific and unusual need for billing. We operate a thoroughbred training facility and we rent by both stall and barn. There is a wide variety of billing accounts that come into play throughout the month. When we needed a desperate upgrade from a previously customized program to something else that would work for our needs, MuniBilling provided us with the ability to customize and create something that carried the same elements as what we used previously.

Cons

Because we were trying to keep it as similar as possible to a previous program, there are several parts that require individual processes to complete. While this is not difficult, it does create more opportunity for human error to mess with the system and no way to fix other than an adjustment. I wish it had a better editing option.

Larry S.

On a downhill spiral! I'd like to withdraw my previous 5 star review from 2013.

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

I left an outstanding review of this product in 2013 after having used it for 1 year, however.
The product remains a very inexpensive solution to billing. Daily usage and routine tasks remain easy to operate.
Integration with the online payment processor which MuniBilling requires us to use is trouble free, however.
For the most part, the system works without a need for customer support, however

Cons

Now for the howevers.Control of MuniBilling has apparently been sold to investors who seem to have no direct knowledge of billing software or of utility systems in general. Where we once could contact the owner/developer on his cell phone, we currently have no knowledge of who is commanding the ship, or whether we will even receive a response to a customer support ticket. Originally, the developer was making almost weekly improvements to the system, adding this or that. We could even ask for customization if desired. Now, afte r 6 year's of use, the company has apparently grown to the point that everything is just shoved down our throats. I requested that a 3 word phrase on our bills be changed to the same 2 word phrase which had previously been used , and was told that it wasn't possible. 2 days ago we received an email telling us that MuniBilling's payment provider was discontinuing all utility's ability to accept integrated phone / field-entered credit card payments for security compliance reasons. This change was going to take place in less than 2 weeks and we were warned that we should get the word out to our customers quickly for a easy transition. When I called the payment provider, the rep knew nothing about any such change. They are setting us up a new card processing account, separate from MuniBilling's account. The surprises and removal of necessary features by an ever-changing management team, over the past year, continue an undesirable trend.

Patricia N.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I requested a new group of customers added by MuniBilling instead of adding them one at a time myself. The team got them entered correctly and on time, with minimial imput. It saved me many hours of work and is greatly appreciated!

Pros

The customer service is very responsive and easy to contact. I get a person on the phone whenever I call, and have a dedicated Account Manager. If the rep isn't available the individual that answers the call is very capable of answering my questions or helping me with any issue. Great service and good software product.

Cons

The instruction manual could be more comprehensive, or have instructional videos available.

Brent V.

Excellent solution for Multi-Family Property utility billing!

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

This is a highly capable utility billing product with great functionality, ease of use and strong customer support. We came onboard with MuniBilling in 2018 and it's been a smooth transition every step of the way, thanks to their outstanding staff and customer support.

Pros

This cloud-based product is very user-friendly and works exceptionally well for us to bill utilities across numerous apartment communities. We reviewed a number of different products before we selected MuniBilling and are certain that we made the right choice. It's capable of handling a variety of complex rate structures and all of the unique aspects associated with billing Multi-Family properties. In addition, their customer support team has been fantastic and there for us every step of the way!

Cons

As with all 'off the shelf' products, there are some limitations on customization and configuration. With that being said, we haven't encountered anything that we haven't been able to work around.

Christine J.

MuniBilling and The Village

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

This keeps all the billing complete in one place, very user friendly, and organized. Customer support is amazing and very easy to work with. Big Plus!

Pros

The access to customer service as needed - such a great group of people!

Cons

Billing component updates. This seems to be the most tedious but nessary task.

Sabrenna C.

munibilling review

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

We have had an amazing experience with Munibilling in the process of going live! Brady and Heidi have been amazing! Any time we have questions, they go above and beyond to make sure that we understand everything! What usually is supposed to be a 20 minute phone call turns into an hour phone call most of the time because they are being so thorough. I highly recommend this company! Thank you for all of your help to the whole team!

Pros

It is a huge upgrade compared to the old company that we used! It is way more accurate when it comes to pulling the correct usage, so the customers get billed correctly.

Cons

We have not had any problems so far. There were a couple things that had to be corrected but it is just a small bump in the road compared to what we have dealt with in the past.

Mike C.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

The software serves our needs in utility billing well. The differentiator between them and others lies in the customer support. Our Account Manager, Jai, is attentive, friendly, and seemingly always available to help us accomplish our goals.

Pros

The Customer Service Experience was excellent.

Cons

I have no complaints. The software performs well.

Benjamin G.

MuniBilling - The Standard for Efficiency and Enhanced Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

We were able to improve our field service thanks to the improved software, excellent customer service reps, and overall improvement associated with MuniBilling's full service option.

Pros

The efficiency and realized cost savings that the software and full-service option from MuniBilling provided to my company, our clients, and the customers we serve on behalf of our clients.

Cons

No cons associated with the software or the switch from in-house CS&B to MuniBilling's full service.

Rhoda` R.

Good product.

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

I came in last June not know anything about the software. I feel now that I can do anything I need to with it.

Pros

user friendly, easy to use. I was able to fine the customer, change information, leave note and reminders.

Cons

I don't have any for what I use it for. We have had to come up with an excel file for collections, that would not give us what the collections company wanted. so, we had to paid to create one.

Heather M.

WONDERFUL!

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Fantastic customer support. Was able to talk me threw the entire process I needed. ALWAYS willing to help!

Pros

Very simple to use!! Totally new user and I have found this system fantastically easy

Cons

Have not found anything I don't like about this software!.

Deborah E.

Munibilling

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

I love the fact that anytime I have a problem and call our rep he is on it, and if he isn't available he gets back to me as soon as possible,or someone always try to help, the ease of the software, the fact that customer can pay on line and set up auto pay, the system run quick, i also like i can have more then one session open its helpful when running reports and customer comes in to make a payment

Pros

I can now generated the invoices and put the late fees on and don't have to call and remind someone every month.

Cons

this doesn't applied to me, as of today I have no negative/cons things to say about this software

Bobbi H.

excelent

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

the support team is always available and willing to help in any way possible

Cons

nothing, it is very easy to use and the customer support is awesome

Martha P.

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

The reports are easy to understand, many reports to choose from

Cons

Account screen can sometimes be difficult to navigate and understand

6.0/10
Stephen O.

Does the job

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

We can stay on top of all the meters we have on campus and the easily modifiable route reports are top notch. Munibilling was able to implement new strategies in metering.

Pros

Reporting structure is very good and is always improving.

Cons

I don't use the accounting features or accounts receivable module so I can't comment on that. It did take some time to get everything setup as this university has some very odd situations.

Dara E.

Dara Eng

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Spectacular!

Pros

User friendly and great customer support.

Cons

Wish there was an advance search. Instead, I'd have to search through reports, export and minimize to locate what I'm searching for.

Jennifer H.

Small Utility Business Loves It

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Overall, we're very happy with the ease of the system, how quickly we're able to enter our utility reads/bills and payments into the system. We're 1 entity with three unique utility entities under it. And having all of those in 1 software program has been a game changer.

Pros

We are a small utility company handling the utilizes for a local Indian Tribe. We love the flexibility and ability to use the system from any location and how the tribes members can access their accounts and look at their monthly usage.

Cons

Our business is complex, so it isn't anything about the software that is a con, just a con in trying to fit our unique situations into 1 system. Overall, though there aren't any cons that would cause us to regret using the software.

Kyler C.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/09/28

They tend to always be there when we need them

Pros

They are always very open to helpng us with difficult questions

Cons

There truly is not any large put backs of the company.

Kimberly S.

Overall efficiency, and function-ability

Pros

Very user friendly, cost efficient for small agency

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like

Kirsten M.

Good Choice

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Working with the team at MuniBilling has made for an easy & quick transition from our prior software. They addressed all our questions and needs. Training was conducted via the web and all participants were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Billing has become a breeze and we are saving time and resources.

Pros

We are very happy with the functionality and ease of use.

Cons

Haven't used long enough to find anything adverse.

Marsha M.

wonderful

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

the program was fairly new when I took over, I have had no problems with it. The support staff has been wonderful to work with

Pros

very user friendly, support staff is wonderful

Cons

I think the pricing is on the higher side, but the usability makes it worth it

Chris M.

Utility Billing Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

The implementation process is quick, easy, and painless. The conversions team is very friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping launch the software. Overall, the software is easy to use and manage, and it makes the utility billing process quick and efficient.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly, requires minimal training, and users can intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks on their own.

Cons

I don't really have any cons regarding the software. Any time an issue presents itself, the team at MuniBilling has been rather quick to resolve the issue timely.

Kathy D.

Excellent customer support service!

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

I most appreciate and rely on the immediate excellent customer support each time I have a problem large or small. Our executive is especially awesome.

Cons

A challenge to integrate with QuickBooks, but we are ironing out the issues.

Janice D.

Reviewed on 2019/06/09

Pros

Easy to use, easy to find information. Simplified our process immensely!!

Cons

Reports are sometimes challenging to figure out which report for the information I'm looking.

Savy C.

Dave Vogler

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Dealing with knowledgeable staffs is always a plus. My account Manager, David is great. He always goes above and beyond with our needs and if he doesn't have the answer, he'll find out and respond back in a timely manner.

Pros

I like that munibilling is able to customized the software based on our application and business needs.

Cons

A few kinks to iron out due to our business module, but other than that, it's great!

Tim W.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Pros

The program is self contain, if I have any questions, I'm able to contact MuniBilling. Has multiple reports/functions. I just need to learn which report is for what.

Cons

I do not use the program enough to stay familiar with it, every 3-4 weeks. Can't always follow a "balance sheet" when doing a billing from one billing to the next billing (Quarterly billings).