Showing 129 reviews of 127

Francis R.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Awful support

Reviewed on 2020/12/27

Pros

when your business depends on your software, you can't offer poor support. Two months ago, I changed my template in order to be ready for Christmas. It was the beginning of November. I asked them to rebuild the mobile app, because when you change your template, the mobile app stops working.
Two months later, IOS version is still not done. And as everybody knows, the real buyers use the iPhone, not Android. They destroyed my Christmas season; god know when I will finally get my mobile app. As for the money I spent? Around $7000. Yeap, that's the kind of support you get for $7000.

Cons

The support is awful and highly expensive: you have to buy points: you don't use all points, you lose your money. You don't have enough points ? you have to buy more than what you really need.

Response from CS-Cart

Hello Francis! Sorry to hear you had troubles with our support. As far as I understand, this is your only concern about CS-Cart Multi-Vendor?

We will figure out why your mobile app wasn't ready in time and will do our best to avoid such situations in the future.

Regarding our support service: in 2020, we did a lot to improve it. For example, introduced a customer care subscription. This subscription includes more than ordinary credit-based support, even free modifications and upgrades. You are welcome to watch the video about how we improved our products and services (including support) in 2020. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/rSLQnXyl2VU. You can find the video on YouTube by searching "CS-Cart in 2020How We Improved Your Experience".

Thank you and I hope you will like the 2020 improvements.

UPD.: On January 11, your mobile app was published in the AppStore. There were some problems with the Native React update and AppStore policy. We'll bear in mind this case in the future.

Veliša B.
  • Industry: Automotive

More than 10 years with this THE BEST CART SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

First multivendor shop we made at 2010.
It is easy to use, wery well organized, feature-rich, user-friendly and easy customizable cart software for multi-vendor e-commerce business. It was easy to adjust it to Serbian market, language and laws.
Our vendors are wery satisfied with tools they have. They can use and manage it fast, with no problems for people that have no experiance with webshops software.
You can start e-commerce business with vendors personal fully featured dashboard on CS-Cart Multivendor in just little effort. Simple and the best multivendor cart software for me. You realy get what you payde for.
We are very happy so far - please keep with this good work!

Pros

Complete. All we need is here.
We are using CS Cart more than 10 years (our first shop started at 2009.) - for all our shops with great pleasure, and found it very easy to make, costumize and maintein.

WE DID NOT HAVE ANY SECURITY ISSUE FOR ALL THIS PERIOD.

Admin friendly.
Everything that we need to make our cart recognisable, different and specialy prepared for each of our costumers is here. We are more then satisfied with its functionalities and support from Simtech Development and forum community.
Standard features are great to start with, (it offers features that other platforms don't), but we have done many special customization - and it was very easy with tools that are already there.
Advanced SEO optimization is big plus.
It is easy to find a lot of 3rd party add-ons and themes at affordable prices, AND IT IS VERY EASY TO INSTALL AND USE THEM.

Cons

We have no problems or issues that we can not solve - thanks to Simtech Development :).

Rajendra J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Multi-Vendor Software as per my 4 Years of Usage

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Its Awesome!!!!

Pros

There is List of Positive i like in it.

1) Framework Design structure - Cs-cart Team has designed a very flexible framework and internally independent , as a result it becomes easier to develop it to any level. We have created 60 Plugins and running on single platform. When we have so much changes system becomes complicated...but in cs-cart it is not.

2) Easy to start - When we were fresher or a Start-up - the foundation framework supported a Lot. Support by software is very important for any start-up or Business.

3) Security - Cs-cart team is very fast in rectification security even before any user gets experienced. Practically every time cs-cart updates us about any Vulnerability they found.

4) Cs-cart Design also helps to develop in Team. - Just because cs-cart is structurally independent ...we can connect multiple developers on multiple tasks and merge it at last...resulting easy manageable process for development.

5)Support from Cs-cart team and level of upgrades they provide - They are very good and now a days they are working extremely hard and fast to provide good updates to its customer as per Market.

I will only say - Its best than anything

Cons

At present - Nothing. As everything is possible. and we can do anything we see in Any system on it without any issue or complications

• Industry: Furniture

CS-Cart, A Truly Hidden Gem!

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

We have been in E-Commerce business (both development and Seller) since 2006. We have some fairly large stores working on Magento for last 6 years. Magento is a well built "Platform" but unfortunately it is far from being an all-in-one E-Commerce package. It HEAVILY relies on add-ons and plug-ins even for some light and simple features. After a while it becomes inevitable for any Magento users that you'll have a hybrid, very difficult to manage, a tangle of little sub-systems developed by many different providers. On top of everything, version 1 is so outdated and version 2 is not on its prime time yet. Both versions are painfully slow and full of strange bugs! You need to take so many miles just to get your website fast enough so your customers can browse your products. So much to say about Magento but I'll cut it quick: We finally gave up! And we have been researching for a replacement package for last 2 years and our choice was CS-Cart. I can confidently say that it is the best decision we have made so far. We have been testing CS-Cart MV for 1 year on a brand new project (it's still in beta phase) but at the end of the day we know we love CS-Cart so we will eventually phase out our Magento stores and migrate all of them to CS-Cart. It's so easy and full of features finally our team can focus on selling something not debugging or code manipulating.

Pros

Easy to implement and use
Lightning fast, gets A score from any web site speed test out of the box
Tons of built in features. You barely need to install any additional add-on.
Great support and steady upgrades

Cons

The biggest concern is the lack of well built themes and add-ons for very specific needs.
Some tiny detailed features need to improve but developers improve the overall package with each upgrade

Toiny W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Perfect for running your own marketplace!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

I am the owner of multi-vendor marketplace. That means we have about 50 vendors, selling similar products, on one site. CS MV means I can do all the tough behind the scenes work, and my vendors can focus on their branding, products & sales. It is an ideal set-up for people wanting to work from home or earn a little cash.

Pros

It is so customizable. It is easy to create your own unique look & feel across your site, and still customize special pages (for holidays, events, or even daily deals). The built in features mean you do not need to know how to code. You can build it from the tools available.

Cons

I have been using this software for my multi-vendor marketplace for 5 years. Initially there were some features not available, however, the team behind the software is amazing! Every request I made, they took seriously. There are now new ways for customers to sort, filter and search for the products they want from any page. The capability is phenomenal.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Greatest marketplace software with excellent service!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

I can call it all-in-one marketplace software. The CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is very functional. They have many experienced programmers, always updating for the world-trend. They are always keep the software up-to-date. The help desk team is very helpful. Everything is professional.

Moreover, they are many third-parties who can service to customize this product to fit your business.

Highly recommend this product!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. I think their develope team is working great on launching the new version to help the users rolling to the e-commerce trend.

Cs-cart

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

The features are perfect for someone who want to launch a marketplace, you have all you need to launch your marketplace quickly. They often update, which has always been at the forefront of updates from other market players such as paypal or DHL for example.
It's very easy to understand the back office : how to add product, how to add category, vendors plans...
And even you have huge needs, there is Multi-Vendor Plus.

It's THE software for anyone who want to launch a marketplace without spending a fortune

Cons

I think there are only one thing, the default design. I think they can do a effort to do a better modern design.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great Software for Present day Businesses

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

I love the standalone feature of the software. The design looks great with customization of storefront in real time. Also is user friendly with its powerful admin interface and editors built in layouts.

Cons

I wonder why I was not able to upgrade my software because I was using shared server. I am not so much happy about that because every efforts proves abortive. I cannot boast of upgrading my server now because of limited budget I am working. Is there any solution?

Nick K.

Excellent software for creating a marketplace

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

I am currently developing my own project. marketplace in the agricultural sector. at the moment, the basic functions and additional topics are sufficient. very happy.

Pros

I've been looking for software to develop a marketplace. A big plus for me was that the developers from Russia. Also no less important for me was the initial low price for a fairly well-designed product. Simple and intuitive interface that everyone can understand. Quite a lot of additional additions from third-party developers.

Cons

One of the disadvantages was not critical, because he decided to Supplement the developers. Since the international version, lacked payment methods for Russia. several features are missing in the basic version, but they are solved with the help of additional paid modules.

Jeff M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

The Best Multi-Vendor Shop Platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

E-commerce is all that CS-Cart does. They have continued to fine tune this product over years of development into a platform that can keep up with the major sites out there. The software is fast even on very cheap hosting. Installation, setup is simple and you can be up and running very quickly. One of the greatest assets to this platform is a very rich third party developer community. If CS-Cart doesn't haven't natively, I am sure one of the very dedicated developers in the community has it or will be able to do it easily for you. You can't go wrong using this platform.

Cons

I would still like to see more development for global marketplaces. Unless I am missing something, I don't see an easy way for vendors with different base currencies having the ability to enter their values in their native currency and have a website with mixed currency. If this does exist, I would love to learn how to do it, I just don't see it on my own.

Rudy H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Amazing E-commerce Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Five-star!

Pros

This is the best e-Commerce platform available in the market. It's very sophisticated but also very user-friendly. With CS-Cart you have almost everything you need to run an e-commerce website. The documentation and video guidelines are also very complete. Lastly, its technical support is superb, highly recommended.

Cons

Frankly, I have nothing to say about this. This is because I have everything I need for my e-commerce platform.

• Industry: Consumer Services

solid ecommerce and cms

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

We have been using CS-Cart for 5 years now, we launched our store with wordpress(woocommerce). However as business grew it became difficult to manage, then we switched to CS-cart ..it has been great since then.

Pros

User Friendly
Customization
Multiple stores options

Cons

limited support credits and life time upgrades not available

Himjal P.

User Friendly with regular upgrades

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Artzyme.com is an Ecommerce portal to promote original artworks, handicrafts and antiques of the local artisans.
Various artisans are not at all using tech for promoting their works and we help them do the same. CS Cart multi-vendor becomes very useful for them as well us.

Pros

A very easy to use software, even a non-techie can smoothly work on CS Cart software. It takes care of all the issues faced at backend in a Multi-Vendor operation.

Cons

It can include more free designs and apps.

Amar K.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Good product at first glance, but can hide bad surprises!

Reviewed on 2020/05/16

They don't attend scheduled calls and not apologies! - They do not answer your questions, they remain very elusive, and constantly refer you to tutorials and links that bring nothing and not possible to talk to anyone - Unclear support conditions and provided by email only - They offer amazon cloud hosting service with SLA which is good but you cannot see what's in the SLA (not provided) - Requested may times but Not possible to talk to anyone in their organisation, you have to deal by email with people who either don't understand you or don't understand their own product.
In summary you buy a surprise box at your risk!

Pros

Lots of features and pretty well thought out.

Cons

We went for 15 days hosted server trial, we tested all features, some very important features like sales transactions and accounting reports did not work properly (wrong numbers) It's bad for an e-commerce software!

Support provided by email only during GMT+4 business hours. Based on our experience 36 hours at least to get a response when you are in CET.

Response from CS-Cart

Hello Amar,

Sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our technical support. As far as I understand, this is your only concern about the software?

In 2020, we did a lot to make our tech support way better. For example, we introduced customer care and perfected our technical assistance routines. Please, check out our latest video on how we improved our products and services in 2020: https://youtu.be/rSLQnXyl2VU. You can also find it on YouTube: "CS-Cart in 2020How We Improved Your Experience".

Also, we have a clear support policy, please check it out: https://www.cs-cart.com/support-service.html

Jimmy M.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Worth the money!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

CS cart probably the only software that focus on a complete multi vendor e-commerce platforms. The best and cheapest way to create an online market.

Pros

High quality platform for low price but with interface similar to big and expensive platforms! It have almost everything we looked for. The best thing about CS cart is you can customize it as wish!

Cons

Nothing that we could point out. Since the platform is highly customizable you could solve any "issue" you might face.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Features and Good Value

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Overall a great product and we will use again for our next project. Just have to get support from 3rd party contractors which there are plenty of.

Pros

CS-Cart is full of features and can be fully customisable which is what we want. For a multi-vendor platform we found it to be worth the money. There is also plenty of options for developers who can assist in building out the features and providing additional support.

Cons

Support is slow and usually not helpful.

Hossam A.
  • Industry: Import & Export

CS-Cart Multi Vendor, the eaisiest way to build your great e-commerce marketplace

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Many traders who want to join e-commerce world will have the chance to do it with this software

Pros

i like the ease of use, customer support without any need for previous knowledge about programing languages

Cons

It will take you some time and maybe some extra charges to install the desired themes and/or add-ons

Siraj R.

Good Multi vendor Platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Good brought this on july 2018, created multivendor site www.nearbyshop.in still in development, expected lauch 2 month before, due to many errors and issue delay the launch

Pros

Good Features, regular updates, easy to use, easy to understand

Cons

customization very expensive, break again and again

Dreyer L.

new dimension to your shop

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

can offer market to many vendors
earn recurring income plus commission

Cons

takes short while to learn but easy to use

Richard B.

Very good eCommerce market software

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Overall we are extremely happy with CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and would highly recommend it.

Pros

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor was very easy to setup and get running quickly. The fact that the software is installed on our own server and there are no limits or extra fees based on users, etc like other online markets makes it easy to justify the upfront costs. There is a lot of flexibility with add-ons and a community of developers behind CS-Cart that allow us to make the marketplace our own. The documentation is also very good allowing for quick answers to our problems. For the couple add-ons that we did need to get developed the process was imple and the rates were reasonable.

Cons

Currently the importing of products is very robust and I feel we have not yet fully understood how this all works, but this is just a matter of us getting through that learning curve. If you have not worked with other platforms that are built in a similar way (this reminds me a lot of presta shop) then it may take you a while to understand the logic of how the site is put together.

Iulian A.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Review of the CS-Cart marketplace

Reviewed on 2021/01/23

CS-Cart is great for online shopping. You can quickly create your own store or even a marketplace. The system works quite quickly, there are many tools for working with SEO and design. CS-Cart also has paid support, but it works well and quickly. This platform solves most of the problems with creating, importing, and exporting products. You can flexibly configure all the necessary parameters for your store.

Pros

1. High-quality written code
2. Design and working with templates
3. Convenient work with products
4. SEO-optimization and promotion
5. Integration with online payment and delivery services
6. Regular updates
7. User-friendly admin panel

Cons

1. The checkout process
2. In order to somehow compensate for the lack of functionality, you have to buy addons
3. Quality control of addons on the marketplace
4. Standard caching algorithm
5. Expensive addons
6. There is no integration with fulfillment services
7. No guides for sellers

Hannah J.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

When they say out of the box, they mean it!

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Ease of use (after a slight learning curve), out of the box features, lifetime license, and excellent customer support makes this worth every penny.

Pros

What I like most: Lifetime license (no monthly payments); excellent and fast customer support; open source (completely customizable).

Cons

A little bit difficult to get the hang of the design aspect. If you're used to using blocks to design, it'll be easier. But if you have no experience like I did, there was definitely a learning curve. But once I got the hang of it, it's easy and efficient!

Astrid C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Most flexibel solution for setting up a marketplace

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Very good und flexible out of the box solution that needs some adaptions but once you figured out everything it works quite well. Definitely a recommendation for any marketplace!

Pros

CS-cart has lots of features and options already built in and many addons to further customize it to your needs. It works stable. The customer support was always supportive (if the problem was explained in detail).
And it is the only solution I know to build a marketplace, that is scalable and professional out of the box. We screened many solutions out there. None was comparable to CS-Cart. And it has a fair price.

Cons

The Quality control of third party addons is not really good. So you have to figure out, which third party company is really professional and delivers good addons with good support (like e.g. Alex Branding).
The Frontend is not state of the art, so you have to purchase a theme and some addons (like unitheme 2) and will pay some extra-money before finding the right theme and addons that are professional.
The biggest issue is the payment. It might work outside EU but there are special regulations in the EU that are not addressed by the built in solution (now there is PayPal for marketplaces but PayPal doesn't offer it in Germany) - Could be solved in the future if PayPal offers this in every country but so we had to program a add-on for Mangopay on our own expenses (since the existing addons didn't work stable).

Complete marketplace with a lot of functionality right out of the box

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Pros

CS-Cart Multivendor Plus provides out of the box a lot of the functionality we looked for like common product base, reseller microstores, reseller accounting and payments, reseller plans, easy marketing and promotional campaigns. We run also a single store Magento ecommerce site and found that a lot of the functionality we had to purchase as extensions had already been included in CS Cart. CS Cart is also very "light": eventhough our CS cart site contains 10 times the products we have in our Magento store, the size of the database is many times smaller.

Cons

The software comes with many features out of the box and others are available from the market place. However, compared to Magento the number of readily available functionality extensions is more limited and the community of freelancers / developers is smaller too. So far this has not been a problem, but it could mean custom development if you want to integrate with your favorite accounting, warehousing, payment, and for example emailing solution. Also, extension updates are typically free only for a certain period of time after which you have to subscribe to the upgrades which can become quite costly.

An L.

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

Its been positive. I can go to bed knowing it is working as expected

The support team is usually good in getting back within a day

Pros

- product variation featur eliminates the time consuming nature of loading each variation manually

Adding product picture by lifting an existing image online with a link

Cons

Too many upgrades

The shipping module can be confusing