CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Reviews

Perfect Multi-Vendor Software i use it more than 6 years

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Overall cs-cart multi-vendor it is a value for money e-commerce platform

Overall cs-cart multi-vendor it is a value for money e-commerce platform

Pros

Multi-Vendor is very feature-rich and by default, it offers features that other platforms don't have out of the box. CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is a software for building a multi seller eCommerce marketplace similar to eBay, Etsy, and Amazon. This is a ready-made online mall solution.
You only need to install it on your server and start attracting sellers and customers.
If you are looking for the best marketplace software, you are in a right place!

Cons

Multi-Vendor has paid support and sometimes charge you without any serious issue. Also i would like more information how to do for dummies.

Meghan
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor was a major upgrade for my marketplace!

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Prior to finding CS-Cart, I had been running my marketplace on a couple of other platforms. I started on Shopify, but the cost became prohibitive. Then I moved to Opencart, which allowed me to control my costs, but the user interface for both the admin and vendors left a lot to be desired in its complexity. I looked through a lot of marketplace platforms, weighing both the cost and the functionality and longevity, and CS-Cart stood out as my best option. I have been running my marketplace on CS-Cart for over a year now and I am so happy with my experience, and I'm not looking to move it off the CS-Cart platform.

Pros

My favorite features about CS-Cart are the ease of design, the many available add-ons, the upgrades, the payment gateways offered and the ease of function. As far as design goes, it is so easy for me to change the home page layout on a regular basis with the use of blocks and the simple drag-and-drop functionality. I use the banners throughout my site, and it's nice to be able to switch them out so easily, as well as move the featured products and categories around. I also use a lot of add-ons to flesh out my marketing, design, payment and vendor capabilities. If there's a function I need, there is always an add-on I can find to add that function to my site. Same goes for the CS-Cart upgrades – I can't tell you how many times that CS-Cart has found a solution for a problem I had before I knew I had it! As far as payments, the integration with Paypal Adaptive/Marketplace and Stripe have made it so easy to pay out my vendors immediately once they have made a sale, as well as collect my commission. This all happens without me having to intervene in any way, which makes my job as an administrator of 300+ companies very easy! And finally, the ease with which my vendors can upload/clone products and monitor their sales is very important to me as the administrator. It not only helps me recruit new vendors to our marketplace, it also makes it very easy for me to manage products and sales.

Cons

There are very few cons in my experience with CS-Cart. One thing is the learning curve is different for the vendors, many of whom are used to selling on Shopify or Etsy, but I have had very few complaints and the majority of my vendors have found our system easy to adapt to. The only other minor issue I have encountered is some of my Paypal Adaptive orders going to Incomplete instead of Paid status, but with CS-Cart's system it's very easy to cross check any incomplete orders with my Paypal sales and change the status to Paid if need be. This may also be an issue with Paypal Adaptive, which has been discontinued in favor of Paypal Marketplace. The latest version of CS- Cart runs Paypal Marketplace, so an upgrade should fix this issue.

Carl
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Worst customer support experience in my life! They seem to have very little concern for your...

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

The software on the surface works as intended and would be very good if it worked. The main issue is whenever a problem small or big occurred the support response time was so slow. I truly do not understand how they convert clients to paying clients if they show no care in resolving issues with the software and explaining to clients how to resolve problems and misunderstandings.

Pros

On the surface, the software appears to do everything that we wanted. We were 90% sure we were going to pay for this software after evaluating it. We loved how the software was intended to function but the reality of how it functioned was another story.

Cons

Every single time we had an issue and contacted support it took hours to days for them to respond. Many times the responses did not even address the issues. The "support" rep that kept replying to us kept saying they were more on the sales side and that is why they did not understand everything about the software?

We were 90% on board and ready to pay to use this software but every time we dove further into using the software a new problem would occur and support would disappear. It seems that they had very little care in converting us to a long-term paying client. We did PAY for their hosting and installation of the software but even after they took that money support was nonexistent.

We had a client make a vendor account from the front end. After the client made the account it erased all our other vendor accounts and gave the client admin access. Support as usually disappeared as soon as I brought this up to them.

Evaluating this software during the demo has been nearly impossible and 100% the reason why is because their support team is THE ABSOLUTE worst I have ever dealt with in my 20 years of working online. YOu would expect a support team to want to makes sure that they convert a demo client into a paying client but with this company, they truly seem to not care. Maybe after they see this review they will finally decide to respond?

Adobe Commerce and WordPress

Reasons for Switching to CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

I 100% wanted to choose and use cs-cart but their support has made it impossible. I had the money ready and me and my team had cs-cart listed as our #1 choice to use for our marketplace. That was until their support showed us over and over and over again that they truly did not care about our time.

Response from Bolide Network

Hello Carl,

We're sorry our product disappointed you.

We checked your support tickets and looks like our support team replied to all your requests in timethe same day and just one ticket the next day.

Looks like there was a misunderstanding: we have two independent teamsthe sales team and the customer care team (tech support). You communicated a lot with our sales team and they don't provide technical supportonly product consultations and order assistance. They are also available for a chat via Whatsapp. But our customer care team doesn't provide technical support via Whatsapponline tickets only. So, it is better to create support tickets in the Help Desk right away.

Regarding the mentioned issue with vendor account creation: we've never got reports about this issue before and didn't manage to reproduce it ourselves. Please double-check your vendor settings and vendor accounts if this issue ever comes back. And of course, our customer care team will be happy to help.

Irfan
Irfan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best Multi-vendor Marketplace

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

I am having great experience with CS-Cart Multi-vendor. Had used it for a marketplace launched in UAE and now I am using it for the second time to launch a marketplace in Pakistan as well. I would always choose it because of the built in features it provides and great flexibility.

Pros

- As a programmer its easy to customize CS-Cart Multi-Vendor
- Availability of add ons and plugins
- Amazing support availability
- Great Admin Panel with this new look
- Pre built accounting system for Multi-vendors
It has so many pros actually whatever one can imagine for a multi-vendor to have it has.

Cons

Its a bit expensive but I think the features it brings on table cope up with the price

Robert
Robert

A program with great potential

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

Recently, the program has been very intensely developing. New features are added that take this software to the next level. New features and capabilities are added all the time.

Pros

- the promotion module is very flexible and gives great opportunities
- the ability to give product features and create filters on this basis
- plans of vendors and the possibility of their extension
- the ability to easily create extensions to the program

Cons

A more modern administration panel. But the program is developing all the time and probably it will be done in the near future.

Olga
Olga
  • Industry: Market Research

Very comfortable Marketplace solution - no need in expensive programmer

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

Our vendors can fast and easy add their products on the site (http://all-market.info)!
We use...

We use Multivendor for building a marketplace for market research reports!

Pros

This solution for creating a marketplace is very convenient for those who do not want to spend tons of time and money on developing and creating their own unique CMS.

CMS allows you to make improvements, change the functionality (if you find a qualified contractor) for your tasks. It is really a very flexible solution.

Cons

May be there' s a lack of landing page constructors.

Jeff
Jeff
  • Used for 1+ year

The Best Multi-Vendor Shop Platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

E-commerce is all that CS-Cart does. They have continued to fine tune this product over years of development into a platform that can keep up with the major sites out there. The software is fast even on very cheap hosting. Installation, setup is simple and you can be up and running very quickly. One of the greatest assets to this platform is a very rich third party developer community. If CS-Cart doesn't haven't natively, I am sure one of the very dedicated developers in the community has it or will be able to do it easily for you. You can't go wrong using this platform.

Cons

I would still like to see more development for global marketplaces. Unless I am missing something, I don't see an easy way for vendors with different base currencies having the ability to enter their values in their native currency and have a website with mixed currency. If this does exist, I would love to learn how to do it, I just don't see it on my own.

Nick
Nick

Excellent software for creating a marketplace

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

I am currently developing my own project. marketplace in the agricultural sector. at the moment, the basic functions and additional topics are sufficient. very happy.

Pros

I've been looking for software to develop a marketplace. A big plus for me was that the developers from Russia. Also no less important for me was the initial low price for a fairly well-designed product. Simple and intuitive interface that everyone can understand. Quite a lot of additional additions from third-party developers.

Cons

One of the disadvantages was not critical, because he decided to Supplement the developers. Since the international version, lacked payment methods for Russia. several features are missing in the basic version, but they are solved with the help of additional paid modules.

Mubashir
Mubashir

Great E-commerce Platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

It's very convenient and easy to use. Plus it's and all in one package with all the addons and the package that comes with it is problem free. They think and spend time and release their upgrades only when they are sure about it so it can be problem free.

Cons

At first it looks very expensive plus there are very less third party themes. So one has to spend some time in designing.

Michael G.
Michael G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

CS-Cart is World Class!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

I am working on a new concept for the entertainment industry. It has a lot of moving parts and I needed a great deal of help to get it organized and into the software but CS-Cart pulled it off painlessly.

Pros

I have tried other multi-vendor packages. Most are so filled with bugs that they cannot run reliably. CS-Cart is extremely versatile and the company works overtime to make sure that it runs smoothly no matter what you are attempting to accomplish. I am not use to that. My business concept is extremely challenging and CS-Cart professionals help me with solutions with minimal wait time. Do not waste your time and money on other multi-vendor sellers who over promise and cannot deliver. No only will CS-Cart stand behind their products, they offer money-back guarantees.

Cons

CS-Cart has a pattern of thinking and logic that requires some study. Once, you see how they do things, the learning curve speeds up considerably. The programmers and coders are brilliant! You may have to change your traditional thinking about this type of software works initially.

Plamen
  • Industry: Publishing

MV Plus Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Otherwise, it's a pleasure to work with the product description and variations, listing one product in multiple categories is a big plus, provided you are the only vendor on the market. In order to make it fully correspond to its name, purpose and promise, one has to spend at least 500 hours of expert developers work.

Pros

I have migrated from another multi-thousand dollar auction platform to MV Plus because of its dynamic structure, multi-language support - only this paid the price of the transition, as it spared me $3000 for translating the interface into three additional languages, and, finally, the wide developers net producing multiple add-ons and modules for meeting almost all needs. On top of that, the friendly support forums for international and domestic users.

Software was easy to install and didn't require additional server modifications and hardening.

Cons

It turned out that the multi-vendor was in fact extended mono-cart software allowing multiple vendors from one only country. It doesn't provide appropriate instruments for accommodating a truly international vendor-base. To list one of the many problems:

Destination points (Locations, Shipping zones) are available only for a single vendor use. If shipping zones are created for a vendor from Berlin, the vendor from Athens or Paris will not be able to use them, forget about the vendor from Delhi. Vendors should be able to assign their own shipping zones and consequently different rates – but they are not allowed to do so. As a site administrator I am facing the dilemma of creating as many shipping zones as there are countries and states/provinces in the world, or create one common shipping zone for all, including all countries and possible states in them. CS-Cart architects stubbornly refuse to recognize the problem and provide a solution. So, no Multi-Vendor here. You should be prepared to invest thousands of dollars for developing your own integration with the shipping services you need – if you don’t happen to use or don’t like the prices of DHL, USPS and Fedex. My customers and the customers of my vendors don’t like them.

More about the other problems and issues, see on our corporate site.

• Industry: Wholesale

CS-CART MULTI VENDOR is a great platform for eCommerce, with lots of built in Add-ons and...

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

It’s the great platform to build eCommerce Multi-Vendor site, with lots of use-full add-ons and customization. CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Software is a great product for Multi-Vendor site as per our experience.

Pros

CS-CART is one of the best CMS (Content Management System) platforms for eCommerce out there, have used it to personally from last 4 year.
Some of the best features of CS-CART include :
1) Easy to Install Themes - You can find thousands themes design that suits for your CS-CART site or you can have one developed.
2) Add-ons - Can find lots of use full Add-ons which can make CS-CART Multi-Vendor more power full, Accretive and user (customer) friendly.
3) Ease of use - You can setup CS-Cart Multi-Vendor with in few minutes and run your site immediately after installing.
4) Customization - You can create and customize world class eCommerce Multi-Vendor site with CS-Cart, the level of customization from add-ons, to themes to editing the code makes your site with almost endless possibilities.
5) Built In features - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor has some great built in features, like the ability to create posts and pages on the fly, power full SEO features which is very important, customer review and ranking on product. One Click to Buy.

Cons

We didn’t find any big issue about the CS-Cart Multi-Vendor. Need more power full and attractive themes specially for CS-Cart Multi-Vendor.

Constandinos

CS Cart MV review

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Pros

* Based on an older version

- Easy to use by admin and vendors
- A relatively economical yet powerful solution
- Easy to expand the capability through a wide variety of addons available in CS Cart marketplace
- Reliable and stable
- Good support service
- Includes all the core functionality someone needs to start
- New versions released often

Cons

* Based on an older version

- Creation and updating of webpages is not an easy process. Its a rather manual and not so easy process, that lags behind state of the art.
- Platform's updating to latest versions is not a process that quietly happens in the background. Its a manual process that requires a LOT of work and testing, which can cost 1000's.
- Too basic internal reporting capabilities.
- Data importing from other platforms not straight forward.
- No built in image compression/resize features, can result in poor performance when vendor imports huge image files
- No internal collaboration tools between admin and vendors
- No split payment option (Added in later version)

Marylin
  • Industry: Banking

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor after one year of use

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

it's been a year since we develop our marketplace for vendors coming from Caribbean area. We are organized aroud 2 environments (Prod and Staging). We make some testing and valiation on staging and deliver on Prod instance. We can thus ask third party partners for integrating on the testing plateform and be confient when we deliver on Prod

Pros

This platform is wery interesting . It come with a built-in maketplace design solution
All features ar well organized an integrated.

Multiple addons are available for theme and popular platforms like mailchimp, saleforces, etc..

Reglar update and improvement are available for the platform

In case an Addons doesn't fit your needs, you can work with dev Team for custom developement.

Hosting solution is well optimised

Could work easily with third party developer and give them temporary acces to your platform

Cons

When updating plateform, you could need to pay for out of support custom development impacted by update.

Integrating own static web site page with own brand design could be tedious

Documentaion is in general well done but sometime the screenshot refer to previous design

An

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

Its been positive. I can go to bed knowing it is working as expected

The support team is usually...

Its been positive. I can go to bed knowing it is working as expected

The support team is usually good in getting back within a day

Pros

- product variation featur eliminates the time consuming nature of loading each variation manually

Adding product picture by lifting an existing image online with a link

Cons

Too many upgrades

The shipping module can be confusing

Adobe Commerce

Reasons for Choosing CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

It was a terrible solution run by people that are fraudulently taking peoples money for a half baked solution

Reasons for Switching to CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

Better functionality and support

MultiVendor marketplace is the best ready for production solution out there!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

One of the best experiences I've had working on an ecommerce projects so far.

One of the best experiences I've had working on an ecommerce projects so far.

Pros

It is very easy to work with, the features are in abundance, and it caters to pretty much every scenario covered in running a multi-vendor marketplace operation. It is also developer friendly, so developing custom modules is easy. The support from cs-cart is also one of their best features.

Cons

Front-end interface needs an upgrade. There are a lot of JS libraries catering to super fast front-ends. This is one area that CS-Cart should focus their energy on. I understand that it can be done with custom theme development as well, but I'd like CS-Cart's official support on it. We have seen that with recent upgrades, the admin panel has received a good facelift. But the "responsive" theme that cs-cart delivers by default, needs a lot of rewrite, or perhaps a decoupling from the core smarty engine and make it more API-driven.

Mark

Really Pleased

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Really very pleased after one year with the platform and feel it's been a solid investment. I very much appreciate and value the consistent and helpful service I have received from the CS Cart tech team when I have called on them.

I'm currently working on tax compliance in the US and value the standard performance features here and associated integrated add-on options.

I've appreciated the platform's flexibility in it's ability to customize and create multiple payment methods for my vendors and for the marketplace itself.

Pros

As a marketer (not a developer) I have consistently appreciated and valued the platform's ability to meet my needs and expectations as they have developed. It continues to ring true for me, if you think of a capability/feature you need, the site delivers it.

Cons

A bit of a steep learning curve to get up to speed on the program. Some of the email templates could use design improvements.

Oleksiy

Out of competition. The best of the best.

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

I am writing this review because I admire Multivendor. Every year it gets better. But I will not reveal my secrets :)

Pros

Easy administration, very functionality in basic package, good page loading speed, the ability addons. It is better to try once than 100 times to read. I would recommend to install the trial version and check all the reviews in practice. I am sure that you will be pleasantly surprised how many good things forgot to write in reviews!

Cons

No cons. Although... few qualified specialists who can properly modify it. But this situation is not only with Multivendor

Aaron

Lot's of features, difficult to customise

Reviewed on 2021/01/17

Overall, very good. The feature set is terrific and was the reason I picked CS-Cart Multi Vendor. Although there's been a couple small hitches, the process of setting up a marketplace was made easy with the platform.

Pros

- The feature set is great and everything works exactly as expected out of the box. This is primarily why I ended up choosing CS-Cart over other products.
- Admin portal is easy to use - setting up Vendors, Products etc. is simple but it's also possible to setup complex product features and filters.
- Upfront pricing worked for me - it's nice to know exactly what I have for the initial spend

Cons

- Very few modern looking themes; I ended up creating my own. There are some tutorials for this in their documentation which were quite useful.
- Custom development is more difficult than it needs to be; especially coming from a WordPress background. There's a lot of outdated, even deprecated, libraries that are used.
- Third party integration is relatively limited without additional development (e.g. email marketing pretty much tied to Mailchimp which isn't the end of the world but more choice would be nice)

• Industry: Wholesale

Great software and great support team.

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

It is a fantastic product for new businesses as well as for established companies that want to grow, very well developed and robust.

This product is very easy to setup and manage and has an enormous community of developers with solutions for every possible need.

The documentation (videos) are very good, the support is also very good and the price is extremely attractive.

More than 3 years using it, several upgrades and getting better, I highly recommend this software.

Pros

Easy customization, many integrations and add-ons.

Cons

There is no local USA support, although their email ticket system and chat is very good.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great Software for Present day Businesses

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

I love the standalone feature of the software. The design looks great with customization of storefront in real time. Also is user friendly with its powerful admin interface and editors built in layouts.

Cons

I wonder why I was not able to upgrade my software because I was using shared server. I am not so much happy about that because every efforts proves abortive. I cannot boast of upgrading my server now because of limited budget I am working. Is there any solution?

Teina

Multi-Vendor An e-Commerce Must Have

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Pros

The software is quite comprehensive and the functionality is A+, very robust. It is flexible, meeting the needs of our organization without being overly complex. There appears to be a lot of thought put into the UX, definitely a leader in the e-Commerce space. We feel the rich features and ease of use has helped us and in turn our website grow and increase reach.

Cons

The dashboard could be a bit daunting, especially if you are not as experienced in the e-Commerce space as others but the overall ease of use outweighs any concerns.

Vasilisa
Vasilisa
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Highly recommend. It's definitely worth its price

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

Pros

Very, VERY responsive support team. If we would have known how much support they provide we'd purchase this product faster and without absolutely no doubts!

A huge number of features and settings that we ourselves did not think about, and they are available even in MultiVendor basic version.

A very simple, block-based system for creating page layouts - even a person without an IT background will understand it.

A lot of detailed documentation.

Cons

We had difficulties with design theme integration in the promotions block.

It’s not evident how to delete from delivery or payment processors lists ones we don’t need to be available to vendors.

Nasnas
Nasnas

great product for multivendor platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Great customer support. easy to configure. User friendly seller panel where normal sellers can manage orders easily. Really a good product if you wish to competitive with market leaders.

Pros

Multi vendor admin panel is user friendly and easy to understand for sellers.
Support is awesome.
Regular Updates.

Cons

I wish they can include option to sell "same items by different vendors" add-on in this product.

Bryn
Bryn

Effective and adaptable

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

I feel that this product is one of the best on the market to date. Not only does their support supply outstanding service it can be adapted to all needs. I would only original support when providing the product be extended to suit the needs to the purchaser as it was only until I fully understood the product that I required support for various advanced needs which fell outside the free support period.

Pros

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor allows for relatively quick deployment with the ability to adapt to changing needs.

Cons

There is some technical upskilling required and the manual is sometimes vague when describing requirements and steps. support can become expensive.