Showing 6 reviews of 3

AppColl Prosecution Manager

Docketing & IP management

5 /5 (3 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Showing 6 reviews of 3
Beth D.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Other for 2+ years

A great docketing system, especially for smaller law firms

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

I worked for a sole practitioner patent and trademark lawyer for many years. When I began with him, he had a very, very outdated docketing system that was difficult to manage, dropped reminders, had no customer support or upgrades - basically a malpractice suit waiting to happen. After wheedling and begging for a very long time, the lawyer finally agreed to let me do some research and find a better way. Which I did in finding AppColl. We were able to integrate our existing database information (as outdated as it was) into AppColl with zero problems, duplication, or issues, and the system even right away provided alerts to existing issues the prior application had not made known. AppColl is completely online, so there's nothing to install and the customer service is outstanding. We had conference calls with their sales team before committing to AppColl wherein they were able to answer every question right away. Later, when I found that if the system did this or that, something in my life would be a lot easier, an email to the AppColl team got those changes implemented in the system in a very short time! It is a very straightforward and easy to use system and it lets you know what you need to know and well before you need to know it. There is a billing system built into the program so there's no exporting to another system to generate bills, which you can customize to appear however you like, provide whatever information you want provided, and lots of other little tweaks to fit your firm. It has a time tracking option you can use to let AppColl generate the bill item for 2.5 hours worked on a client's file, as opposed to trying to remember if you started at 3 or 4 pm on a client's work. As far as pricing on docketing systems, it is well below what you would expect to pay, but you get just as much, if not more, than some of the bigger named docketing software programs used. I cannot say enough good stuff about this application. They've come up with a fantastic and reliable product and should be a bigger name with a lot of reviews from the legal world.

Cons

I can't think of a single thing. From the day we decided to go with this docketing software, it was done so efficiently, smoothly, seamlessly, with no down time, and only positive things have happened while using it. I can't think of a single thing that I would want to improve about my entire experience with using the program and my interactions with the company.

David B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Top-notch, reliable product with world class support

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Reliable, customized docketing support.

Pros

It works. It's reliable. It's immensely customizable and can adapt to your workflow. It does exactly what it's expected to do.

Cons

It's not the prettiest piece of software I've ever used, but what docketing system is. Can be a touch slow at times.

Connie S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

IP Management Platform

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Great experience. Fast customer service. The creators know this niche market and have really designed a great platform that comes with use from a corporate side, whereas many of the platforms really cater to the law firm perspective only.

Pros

I highly recommend this platform to anyone who wants to better management their intellectual property. It is extremely easy to use. It allows you to run reports and upload or download information very quickly. It has ability to maintain a docket. You can tie in your prosecution to invention manager system as well.

Cons

Haven't found anything quite yet. The one concern we had being a smaller organization owning this platform was customer service and longevity of business. This has not been an issue. In fact, I believe they strive to give the best customer service and attention to their customers.