Taiga Reviews

Taiga

Project management platform for agile developers & designers

4.3/5 (64 reviews)

Well designed and provides the tool set required to tackle projects.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Team productivity and management has been simplified. Progress tracking and reporting has become easier when we break down tasks to the bare bones. The Slack and GitLab integrations have been nice for modifying tickets from commits and merges.

Pros

The Kanban board is my favorite feature for tracking feature development status. The progress bar of what has been completed on the Kanban page is very nice as a progress indicator when informing clients of progress on certain features. The custom fields have been convenient for billing purposes and the ease of use when moving tickets around is nice and fun to do.

Cons

The issues board often ends up with a lot of smaller features that can be categorized as "Enhancements" but it's still confusing that their under the Issues umbrella and even their URL's say issue. A way to have enhancements that don't qualify for a full story, but are not an actual issue/bug should be categorized in a different why, or at least represented differently.

Mark R.

Have not found anything better to manage our sprints... very intuitive and has a nice clean look

Helped manage our sprints

Pros

Very easy to use with drag and drop functionality.
Very nice api to plug into the data.
Like the organization of the tasks, stories, etc. Very well laid out.
Makes it easy to manage our stuff.

Cons

Would like the ability to drag multiple items on the backlog, not just the Kanban.
Be nice to be able to add a story when looking at a sprint, rather than add to the backlog and then have to drag it into the sprint.
Be nice to have a filter on the taskboard for a particular user... so I could say just show me my stuff and it would only show stories and tasks assigned to me
Not a fan of the new pricing model... not sure I will be able to get my manager to continue

Chase A.

The best agile project management tool is Taiga

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

When JIRA didn't meet our needs, we analyzed every tool on the market and decided on Taiga due to it having the lowest number of clicks per action in our workflow. Its easy to get started with, the search features are fantastic, and it scales well from tiny projects to monsters.

Cons

We use almost exclusively the issue tracker because of it is the most flexible and has the best searching/ordering of the Taiga views. However, issues can't be owned by user stories or epics, which limits our ability to organize large projects. I wish issues could be used as children of larger scope items like epics.

Bastien S.

I mostly like taiga at work. I manage ten projects and can easily share those.

- Rapidity
- Historization of tasks
- Social around specifications
- WorkFlow from ideation to deployment
- Ease of communication with partners around multiple projects

Pros

- Workflow configuration, many options around status
- MD for the content of US & Tasks
- Comments & actictivities for the US & Tasks
- Vote & Tag management
- Ease of search

Cons

- Pay to get multiple project on the Mobile App
- Some feature "hard to find"
- Some important nice feature missing in my process
(ex 1 when you promote an issue to a US, you need to keep attachment and such things)
(ex 2 hard to use Kanban & Scrum for the same project)
- lack of tutorials for new features (never manage to drag&drop multiple cards)
- Need to improve backlog priorization
- Link between projects, import, export need

7.0/10
Luisana S.

Taiga is the tool to organize the tasks of all my projects

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

This tool has allowed me to organize, control and follow each of the assigned tasks for the execution of all my projects.

Pros

What I like most about software taiga is that it allows me to organize the tasks of my projects well and have control of them, since the programmer must indicate when a task is in progress or when the task is finished, besides allowing us to know the Development time of each one. It is also super useful because you can add the client and the same can see how the development of your project is and follow up.

Cons

Although I really like Taiga and I use it in all my projects, it would be interesting to have a mobile application, in which to have a summary of each project and be able to have the status without a computer necessarily.

Rick C.

Software Dev Manager who's used more than 50 web-based project management tools with Agile teams.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Easy adoption, allows us to view project priorities in the nice high-level overview of the kanban as well as break down stories in more detail using subtasks and epics.

Pros

Love the kanban display. Out of the 50+ products I've used, the kanban view of Taiga is my favorite hands down! And I love the way your sub tasks/stories work.

Cons

hate when scrolling side to side in the kanban and my browsers back and forward through history is invoked, especially when it causes me to lose a detailed user story I'm in the middle of typing :(

David B.

Visually appealing and nice if you follow it's workflow

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

Visually it's the best of what I've seen. So many project management applications look terrible, so Taiga is refreshing in that aspect.

The user story vs task is a good fit when your workflow matches that - ie making user stories first, adding them to a sprint, adding specific tasks to them.

Open source is always a good thing. I messed around with the api a little bit and it seemed easy enough to use.

Cons

I was never able to actually convince a workplace to switch to Taiga because it lacks the level of customization that some other project management tools have. I don't use it personally because Gitlab has such nice project management tools built in and I love having everything in one system. Taiga seems to be positioned in between the simple but integrated tools of Gitlab and the complex/ugly interfaces of Redmine. Being placed in the middle makes it not a great fit for any particular project.

Taiga shines when using the User Story + Sprint + tasks breakdown. However not every project needs that. Using just the kanban board helps - but Taiga doesn't really mimic the custom workflows that an app like Redmine or Jira can do.

Sébastien M.

I'm using this software as developer team manager. Everyone like it in the team.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

A great Agile organisation helper.

Pros

It's made by developers for developers. Very well thought and made. The philosophy is very comprehensible. And more, with a great U/X skill.

Cons

The price who exploded this year ! Considering the size of our team, we can't follow ! However, there could be only a little change that make us happy and still paying : don't make us pay inactive users (and handle the feature of inactive users of course)!

Remi A.

Really great tool! Taiga has allowed us to get rid of all other Scrum tools we were using

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Much much easier to use than Jira.

Pros

It is really easy to use, everyone has boarded really quickly with it. We were previously using lots of different tools from Google Spreadsheet to JIRA. Taiga is much simpler to use. I don't see any other tool that would match our requirements.

Cons

User Interface feels a bit old: it might be a bit shinier. We've also tried to install the Open Source version on our server using Docker but the documentation was pretty poor at the time. Finally, we've decided to use the hosted version and we are really happy with it: it is not really expensive.

Dasun C.

You can manage your projects using one single application.

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

It help us to mange our projects & practice the agile process. This is a very good tool to use for an software company.

Pros

1. Team board inspire the employees to achieve their targets.
2. KANBAN board is a very useful part of the taiga. Because you can have the idea about your project status & you can manage the tasks.
3. You can get a idea about all the project tasks using the backlog & also its provide the overall summary.
4. The notifications are display on the Timeline & by clicking on the users name & available links system can redirect to the mention issues & users action history.

Cons

1. Its feel like screens are more complicated. For a user it will take time to adopt with the system & mange them.

Subasinghe N.

Manage the projects without the headaches

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

We are able to manage both project management & issue tracking using this application. So we no needed to have multiple applications.

Pros

-- KANBAN board helps to manage & measure the project status.
-- Can add the issues for the ongoing project.
-- Team board will provide the details about team spirit.
-- Timeline display the notifications of all the changes done by users & clicking on the users' name can extract the history of the respective users' works.
-- Backlog display the overall summary of the projects & display all tasks.

Cons

-- Its little bit confusing working with different kinds of screens.
-- There have some terms that users cannot understand them easily until they figure it out.

Andrew C.

We needed a system for tracking issues/user stories as our project grew, Taiga seemed best

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Taiga made managing multiple projects with dozens of users easily. But the pricing change makes it too expensive for a small company (< 10 internal users)

Pros

Taiga is simple to use, and easy for nearly anyone, even non-technical helpdesk and clients can use it and understand what they are doing.

Cons

A big reason we chose Taiga was their pricing model, a flat rate for 25 users. That model changed recently to a per-user per month basis. We need multiple accounts for external clients as well as internal users and this pricing model makes it too expensive for a small company. We are/were grandfathered in for the duration of our contract, which when it expires, we will move away from Taiga.

0.0/10

The tool is seamless, lightweight; my team finds it very intuitive and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

Lightweight and user experience makes the software standout from it's competition. Although we have not used the API and the integration capabilities, we are excited for the possibilities that exist for making the product handshake with the other tools that we use internally.

Cons

We'd like to see the tool evolve and become more customizable so the end-users have more control towards configuring the dashboard and the elements they maybe interested in. Another area where the tool can be better is reporting and metrics. Support for basic scrum/agile reporting metrics (burndown chart, etc.) can help teams.

Somangshu G.

Good and Rich functionalities, Not a great user experience

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Managing project milestones, cost and resource planning at ease.

Pros

The implementation of agile concepts are done really well, Helps us manage our project cost and resource bandwidth easily.

Cons

The user experience and the interface if not really great and easy to understand. Needs a little work

Narendar Y.

Helped us get more organized on the issues and enhancements

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

1. The current plan of 5 projects without restriction on the number of users for a fixed monthly price was good for us.
2. The tagging and search feature is very good
3. Ability to add Custom attributes is also very good

Cons

1. I got an email recently that the current plan will not be offered next year. We will be charged per user. We may look at other options.
2. No integration with TFS.

Stefan W.

The tool that makes our projects work

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Information on project

Pros

The ease to follow a project. To have insights on the works of your team. All project information in one spot.

Cons

The software is not mobile ready. There is no app. You can also not create templates to create new projects.

Sukhpreet S.

Taigatized

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Our organisation have been using taiga from ptoject management. It has been a great experience. You can manage your tasks and project velocity effectively.

Pros

Taiga is very flexible in terms of ptoject management .
It provides kanban and scrum templates.
Task management is really easy.
Project velocity can be tracked easily.
Issue management is handled nicely.

Cons

The UI sometimes gets distorted on some resolutions.

Taiga is very easy to use and to customize to our needs.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

An easy way to create and follow tasks in Kanban and Agile. A customizable product, easy to use and not expansive.

Pros

The customization because we don't follow a production pipeline that fits perfectly in one management theory. We combine different management theory to fit our needs and this is possible with Taiga. We also really like the cheap price.

Cons

We didn't had the occasion to use it deeper because we are between projects. But we think that it would be nice to track more the time users pass on some tasks and have a tool for customizable timesheets.

We've been using Taiga for about 14 months to track software and content projects.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

We were able to organise projects for about 40 people on several teams without having to spend what something like JIRA costs.

Pros

It's very flexible and lets us adapt the Kanbans to our needs for each team. The reports generated are good.

Cons

It has connectivity issues at times. Perhaps needs an infrastructure upgrade. Cannot bulk remove or delete items from the backlog.

A unique agile project and task management system.

Reviewed on 2019/09/28

A different agile project management system. You cannot drive into it. You need to learn how to use it and then start using or you will lose a lot of features it offers.
I highly recommend this if you are just starting out project management. It just workes.

Pros

I signup and used it for a while before I get addicted to it. It is a agile task management system that just workes. It's not that easy to remember, it has learning curves but after that, it runs smoothly.
I am able to create a personal project with "scrum", and it really helps to sort out my backlog tasks, which no other project management offers. Now I am current with all of my work and no last hour work, everything is sorted.

Cons

Well, It has a lot of learning curves, which I get bored sometimes. The UI really needs more themes, the color is just popping out, I need a calm night theme.

Taiga needs more time to catch up

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Project management, product management, issue tracking.

Pros

Tiaga is easy to set up, has the core product management features you need, and offers multiple strategies out of the box. There are also easy ways to manage open source projects, including tools to find volunteers and share product plans. Overall, the functionality is what you expect for a basic project management tool.

Cons

Taiga lacks the advanced and comfort features that make the job easy. This includes easy Kanban-style ticketing view, full customization, higher level project management (epics), and a fair pricepoint. While you can host Taiga yourself and add this customization, as it is open sourced, few will have the time or patience to do this. These issues do not make Taiga impossible to use or recommend, but will frustrate users of JIRA or Pivotal.

6.0/10
Marcio M.

Best project management software out there.

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

It's a great project management tool and easily better than the other solutions we use with other clients (pivotal tracker, forecast, gitlab and trello).

Cons

Needs better mobile support and does not have time tracking and budget tracking features. Needs better sprint creation/edit too.

David P.

Has become the main tool of my work day

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

is a super easy to use product but with all the functionalities that a startup needs

Pros

The learning curve is minimal and greatly facilitates the use of non-technical profiles.
On the other side, its powerful api and the webhooks have allowed us to automate some processes.

Cons

perhaps it is very strict with the methodologies to use: it gives much importance to the estimation by points, etc ... but it is a good tool for both scrum and kanban

Arthur E.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Great planning tool

Pros

Great replacement for Trello. Much easier to use than Atlassian. Useful kanban board. Can add lots of tags.

Cons

Cant estimate user stories in hours and measure progress. Also would be great to see issues on the same kanban board as user stories.

A good product for the price given.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Finally a product with which the management was happy (attractive price). People (developers) finally started to use ONE product for keeping track of development of different products & projects and things are now handled in Taiga instead in txt files, SVN commit comments etc. Its easier to keep track of the development status of a product - but every member of team must use Taiga regularly - which was the hardest part to agree on.

Pros

We chose Taiga over other similar available products because of the price and its simplicity. Its good for tracking progress of development, issues and options for adding custom user inputs. Integrations with other platforms is a plus.

Cons

Easy (simple) reporting for management (weekly, monthly) would be a nice-to-have function. Sometimes the website works a bit slow. Wiki pages could work a bit better. Automatic reminder for issues that were not updated (touched by anyone) in some period would be good to have as well.

7.0/10