Taiga

The project management tool for multi-functional agile teams

4/5

Valberg
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

The best Kanban board we have found

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

Love the tool, being in AUS the servers can run slow from time to time but most of the time it is responsive. There is no tool out there that is as intutive to use.

Pros

All Agile tools are limited but they are limited in different ways. Taiga is the only one I keep coming back to. It's Kanban board is the most intuitive we have found and it is simple yet feature complete as a 'product backlog'.

Cons

Like all agile tools, managing multiple teams with multiple products running multiple projects is difficult. As long as you pick one of the 3 dimensions to manage the tool works great. I would like to see a burndown feature where I can mix and match the 3 dimensions at will. I have yet to find a tool (besides a spreadsheet) that allows me to do that.

Response from KALEIDOS

Thanks Valberg for your review! We are working on a multi project dashboard. Would be great to better understand your use case to see how it can help is create the optimal design for that.

Yves
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Project and issues management which is not time consuming

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

We finally have a useful project and issues management tool that we keep up-to-date without eating up too much time. Not everybody likes it - because their favourite and "absolutely necessary" feature is missing ;) And that is fine.

Pros

The simplicity of Taiga is its best feature! Keep it simple to avoid becoming too complicated to use (like so many other project management tools) and too time consuming to properly manage. There are custom attributes, and if you need more than a handful of those you're headed for the swamp. This is a tool, a means to an end, not an end in itself.

Cons

The reporting is a bit too rudimentary. There is a need to extract meaningful information, by applying filters (and also on custom attributes). I currently have to do this outside of Taiga, which is somewhat cumbersome.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Taiga

Simplicity and cost.

Response from KALEIDOS

Thanks Yves for your review!

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Prefer Jira, Using with Third Party Vendor

Reviewed on 2019/12/22

It serves its purpose for the single project we use it for but much prefer to use Jira.

Pros

We use this for very simple project management at the request of one of our third party vendors. It is good for scrum work and we make good use of the project wiki, but overall much prefer Jira, which we use in house for our other dev work.

Cons

It has a steeper learning curve and some of the terminology used is non-traditional and takes getting used to. There are also some annoying UI.

Jim

Very Good Framework - What you get out of the software is exactly what you put into it.

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Pros

- Easy to switch between projects
- Ease of assigning story points
- Dashboard

Cons

- You have to manually indicate an epic has stated (this should be automatic once a task has been marked in progress or complete)
- More guidance/Best Practices would be helpful. A challenge because of wide-variety of use, but it would helpful to get folks started - It takes effort to figure out what works/doesn't work

Response from KALEIDOS

Hi Jim, thanks for you review! I agree that it would be more logical that an Epic moves to started after any of the user stories have started. However we want users to have the possibility to customize stages for Epics. That makes it hard to automatically change the status

Mark
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Have not found anything better to manage our sprints... very intuitive and has a nice clean...

Helped manage our sprints

Helped manage our sprints

Pros

Very easy to use with drag and drop functionality.
Very nice api to plug into the data.
Like the organization of the tasks, stories, etc. Very well laid out.
Makes it easy to manage our stuff.

Cons

Would like the ability to drag multiple items on the backlog, not just the Kanban.
Be nice to be able to add a story when looking at a sprint, rather than add to the backlog and then have to drag it into the sprint.
Be nice to have a filter on the taskboard for a particular user... so I could say just show me my stuff and it would only show stories and tasks assigned to me
Not a fan of the new pricing model... not sure I will be able to get my manager to continue

Chase

The best agile project management tool is Taiga

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

When JIRA didn't meet our needs, we analyzed every tool on the market and decided on Taiga due to it having the lowest number of clicks per action in our workflow. Its easy to get started with, the search features are fantastic, and it scales well from tiny projects to monsters.

Cons

We use almost exclusively the issue tracker because of it is the most flexible and has the best searching/ordering of the Taiga views. However, issues can't be owned by user stories or epics, which limits our ability to organize large projects. I wish issues could be used as children of larger scope items like epics.

great open source option

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

i think that is the best free alternative to run projects

i think that is the best free alternative to run projects

Pros

ts a great free open source option to run teams and projects. easy to use, cool user interface andexperience . integrations with gitlab, totally customizable

Cons

confrence calls can work better. it sually freezes. the option Is relatively new and has room for improvement

Response from KALEIDOS

Thanks for your review. Let's see whether we can get our conference call function more stable

The tool is seamless, lightweight; my team finds it very intuitive and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

Lightweight and user experience makes the software standout from it's competition. Although we have not used the API and the integration capabilities, we are excited for the possibilities that exist for making the product handshake with the other tools that we use internally.

Cons

We'd like to see the tool evolve and become more customizable so the end-users have more control towards configuring the dashboard and the elements they maybe interested in. Another area where the tool can be better is reporting and metrics. Support for basic scrum/agile reporting metrics (burndown chart, etc.) can help teams.

We've been using Taiga for about 14 months to track software and content projects.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

We were able to organise projects for about 40 people on several teams without having to spend what something like JIRA costs.

Pros

It's very flexible and lets us adapt the Kanbans to our needs for each team. The reports generated are good.

Cons

It has connectivity issues at times. Perhaps needs an infrastructure upgrade. Cannot bulk remove or delete items from the backlog.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Taiga needs more time to catch up

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Project management, product management, issue tracking.

Project management, product management, issue tracking.

Pros

Tiaga is easy to set up, has the core product management features you need, and offers multiple strategies out of the box. There are also easy ways to manage open source projects, including tools to find volunteers and share product plans. Overall, the functionality is what you expect for a basic project management tool.

Cons

Taiga lacks the advanced and comfort features that make the job easy. This includes easy Kanban-style ticketing view, full customization, higher level project management (epics), and a fair pricepoint. While you can host Taiga yourself and add this customization, as it is open sourced, few will have the time or patience to do this. These issues do not make Taiga impossible to use or recommend, but will frustrate users of JIRA or Pivotal.

David
  • Used for 6-12 months

Visually appealing and nice if you follow it's workflow

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

Visually it's the best of what I've seen. So many project management applications look terrible, so Taiga is refreshing in that aspect.

The user story vs task is a good fit when your workflow matches that - ie making user stories first, adding them to a sprint, adding specific tasks to them.

Open source is always a good thing. I messed around with the api a little bit and it seemed easy enough to use.

Cons

I was never able to actually convince a workplace to switch to Taiga because it lacks the level of customization that some other project management tools have. I don't use it personally because Gitlab has such nice project management tools built in and I love having everything in one system. Taiga seems to be positioned in between the simple but integrated tools of Gitlab and the complex/ugly interfaces of Redmine. Being placed in the middle makes it not a great fit for any particular project.

Taiga shines when using the User Story + Sprint + tasks breakdown. However not every project needs that. Using just the kanban board helps - but Taiga doesn't really mimic the custom workflows that an app like Redmine or Jira can do.

Sarah

Taiga is a useful tool for daily stand up and scrum planning

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Very positive. We use it daily and have had very little issues with it. Great product.

Pros

Our team have particularly liked the colour-coding function for tasks relating to projects in Kanban, as well as the burndown function in the scrum setting.

Cons

We find it difficult to keep individual scrum boards updated in projects when our stand up is in the Kanban board. It would be good to have a way to link them.

Jira, Miro and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Taiga

UX and open sourced

Response from KALEIDOS

Hi Sarah, thanks for your review! It would be great to understand a bit better your use case to see whether we can do something about it

NARENDAR

Helped us get more organized on the issues and enhancements

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

1. The current plan of 5 projects without restriction on the number of users for a fixed monthly price was good for us.
2. The tagging and search feature is very good
3. Ability to add Custom attributes is also very good

Cons

1. I got an email recently that the current plan will not be offered next year. We will be charged per user. We may look at other options.
2. No integration with TFS.

Thomas
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Very good app that does what is is asked too

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Very good

Very good

Pros

Focuses on productivity and simplicity on its core features, scrum & kanban. Not only simple too use but simple to deploy. Just what I need.
Now I can spend time producing.

Cons

Probably little lack in nice and graphical reporting
I still haven't found how to easily do multi-selection.

Response from KALEIDOS

Hi Thomas, thanks for your review. We are working on a new look and feel and plan to release that end of this year including a multi project view

Felipe

Really good platform

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

have a beautiful design is fast and easy to use. permit a good work with teams. works better than trello

Cons

should be better with an api for Zendesk, plus the point could be most customizable.
the mobile app works bad

Andrzej
Andrzej

Good for simple use (kanban like), but lack features for really complex projects

Reviewed on 2020/02/15

Pros

Simple, clean and easy to use most of the time.

Cons

It can be clunky at times and it lack features for more complex projects. It's mostly simple Kanban tool

Brian

By far the best diagram software existing today.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

All the benefits of Visio and Omnigraffle, but in a better, easier to use, platform independent software.

Pros

Not platform specific. Will work with Mac, Linux, or Windows.
Can import Visio and Omnigraffle documents and icon/shape sets.
The ability to generate SQL from an ERD!
It's BADASS!

Cons

This is not really a dislike, but an idea.... It would be great if there was a place that had user created shape sets that we could explore and download.

• Industry: Events Services

Great for Event Planning

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

My overall experience using Taiga was positive. I would recommend it.

My overall experience using Taiga was positive. I would recommend it.

Pros

My partner and I used Taiga to collaborate on and plan a major event. It was very useful for this purpose and would likely be good for other project management as well.

Cons

I didn't find the hierarchy system especially intuitive and felt like it was often difficult to find and update particular tasks.

Eduardo

streamline your project

Reviewed on 2018/12/02

My experience was excellent since I could monitor what each member of my work team did and this allowed me to manage each of the tasks that should be assigned to the members

Pros

It is a very good option to manage times in the projects through the scrum methodology that improves the times notably

Cons

I do not have cons as regards the system since it is very intuitive regarding the use

My take on Taiga.io

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

At this point I'm satisfied, but if the planning allows it I try to avoid Taiga.io when I can.

Pros

Firstly, the aesthetics. Secondly how well organized the progress tracking is kept by the app's online Kambam.

Cons

It's not that easy to get the ropes of the app, at first the design of the app may seem not so intuitive.

Jan
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Tool allowing to jump into agile development with my team.

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Simple and affordable issue and task tracking across team.

Simple and affordable issue and task tracking across team.

Pros

Simplicity.

Issue tracker, backlog, planning sprints with burnout chart. Team members are easy to manage. Tasks in backlog are easy to rearrange.

Cons

The biggest problem lies on user's side: to use it in full power, one has to keep using it for longer term and it may be demanding (but it brings progress into the project).

A bit strange colour scheme, a bit lost in editing issue texts. Personally I feel more in control when I edit issues in GitHub.

Integration to Bitbucket repositories, commits and issues (did not dare to try if it is present at all).

lahiru
lahiru

good project management

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

i use this application once to select of the application to be selected.

i use this application once to select of the application to be selected.

Pros

can create our project task as stories. can assign user on projects and can write task in very descriptively.

Cons

user interfaces are very complex and it is very hard get enroll with this. need additional training provide to uses to get started.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Brilliant tool and easily customised!

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

I love this tool, it's easy to see everything and the time feed of what's recently been changed or updated is brilliant!

Cons

I really dont have any faults with this products. It might be a bug but the only things is getting rid of the customise box once you've customised.

Not so good Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

There is more room for improvements

There is more room for improvements

Pros

- Supports multiple projects and team members

- Open-source platform

- Simple kanban board to track progress

Cons

- Categorizing and linking items are difficult

- Very basic functionalities

- Navigation between items is very cumbersome

David
  • Industry: Telecommunications

This is great Project Management Software with a super good Mobile App

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

This software has a great Kanban layout especially on the mobile app.

This software has a great Kanban layout especially on the mobile app.

Pros

This software is simple and down to earth. The functions that are there are easy to use and straight forward. There are plugins available but I have not researched and plugins yet. I really like the Kanban layout on the mobile app. It is clear and very easy to see what is going on.

Cons

This software is simple and easy to use but I think an area for risk management would be helpful. Even a specific area set up for issue tacking would be helpful.