Smallpdf

PDF document management and conversion suite

4,8
4,5
4,7
4,8
4,3
Eric eduardo W.
Industry: Banking

The greatest PDF tool software out there.

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Smallpdf has been a handy tool to convert Microsoft Office files to PDF, as the current export option highly reduces image quality, and to compress files that are quite heavy.

My company publish a monthly catalog which is usually two or three heavy files, where I need to not just join these files but also heavily compress them and Smallpdf does it perfecly.

Pros

Smallpdf is a complete solution for PDF files, being the most popular one the possibility to convert these to Microsoft Office files or images (and vice versa).

They also offer some editing tools, such as being able to merge or split different files, rotate them and even signing or unlocking files. Also, the compress tool is shockingly effective, reducing some files sizes by 90% with a barely noticeable loss on quality.

They also offer a desktop solution that is completely offline, being a lot cheaper than other tools in the market.

Cons

The only negative aspect I can think of is the lack of prepaid options. While it is possible to do two operations each hour for free, I can't justify paying a monthly fee when I may only need to convert no more than ten files weekly.

Matija P.
Industry: Music
Company size: Self Employed

Convert a document to pdf....no problem

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

Iam a student and often I need to write and send my documents to my university, but the document should be in PDF format. So Smallpdf is the best solution for it. I recommend it to everybody.

Pros

The Website is really easy to use, it really does its job, I don't want to pay Microsoft Office for the option for converting docx to pdf, and I found this solution, I use the website every week and never had any issue.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long time to convert a document.

Olga B.

Just Splendid!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/18

It is just splendid! Easy to use, easy to activate, easy to buy, easy to find any function or option you are desperate about. Applicable, time and energy saving tool, almost flawless. However billing system is usually only pre-scheduled, but nowadays all companies work like that. It is powerful and even has Android and iOS Apps. Keep progressing, guys! Make your software more powerful! (Hint: I desperately need Handwriting OCR tool and Funny Fonts OCR tool).

Pros

When I just started my tutoring career of TOEFL Coach, I had to create lots of learning plans, learning programs, placement tests, studying progress tests. Besides, I had to prepare for every lesson lots of mind cards, flashcards, worksheets, slides, presentations, bullet lists. I desperately needed to convert files into pdf or doc, add images or extract them, compress files and use OCR function. This useful, powerful and practical tool saved me hours of work. I could make my work materials in 10-20 minutes and then do what I like without worries if file sizes are huge or images are overcompressed. It is a really great managing tool which helps you to get rid of hours monotonous work. Its performance is great, it is fast and provides users with the highest quality results. Unfortunately, I have not found any suitable desktop version for Linux such as Debian, Fedora or Ubuntu on Smallpdf website.

Cons

The OCR function is not really flawless. It needs to be improved. Besides, there are no PC versions for any Linux releases such as Ubuntu, Fedora or Debian.

Industry: Computer Software

Document converting with small PDF

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Good to convert any kind of document to PDF or PDF to any kind of other document.It takes very little time to convert those documents and It's my choice when i need to convert any kind of document to PDF

Pros

This is very much helpful to convert any type of document in to pdf within seconds. It gives very clear user experience and anyone can do their document converting tasks using this website or chrome extension.

Cons

When I goes to convert PDF to word it convert the font style of the PDF into another type of font styles in some places.

Mahesh S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Small Pdf - Convert documents rapidly

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Smallpdf is available instantly online and we get the files converted within no time. I highly recommend this software to anyone who would need a quick conversion of their files to pdf and vice versa.

Pros

Small Pdf provides various options to convert the documents from Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint to Pdf and vice versa.

Cons

We cannot use small pdf more than to convert files more than 2 times. We would need to upgrade to pro subscription.

Shirley "sokes" Y.
Industry: Real Estate

Life and time saver

Reviewed on 2019/12/25

An indispensable tool that I use daily to compress and attached PDFs to emails. Other similar PDF compression tools can't even come close to how excellent Smallpdf. Use this tool now!!

Pros

Smallpdf is an incredible easy to use tool that no one should be without. An absolute essential if you work with PDFs. Drag and drop and watch large sized PDFs magically compress to a fraction of its original size. There's no other PDF converting software that's as simple, safe and easy to use at Smallpdf. The Chrome widget is another great feature, though the most useful is the Gmail integration.

Cons

All good things need to come to some type of end, what was once a free tool now requires a subscription, thought it's money well spent.

Arpine A.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Nice tool for frequent report submitters

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/08/09

Excellent tool for those, who do not have Adobe in their PC, and therefore, could not get the job done by themselves. Although you can guess by name it started as a simple tool for changing your document size, now it is a full functional online tool that now is irreplaceable.

Pros

It has functions that you would not even think you will need them one day. I have been using it mainly for .pdf editing (if there were any copyrighting, that needs to be removed), but the other two tools were of high importance - adding password, so nobody can open it unless they have the code, and also a e-signature. The last one is particularly helpful, if you do not have printer and scanner at your disposal at home, but need to verify the document.

Cons

There is not much about the storage of the document, and about how and when they can use it for their own purposes. I usually do not change the size or convert documents with high privacy, but just in case, would be a valuable addition.

Industry: Financial Services

The most reliable converter on the market, in my experience

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

The degree of reliability and number of features made Smallpdf a pleasure to use and justify its price.

Pros

Outstanding value for money, very easy to use and most importantly, very reliable file conversion within no time.

Cons

Nothing to dislike with the tool. The (team) prices are high but justified but, nevertheless, I would highly appreciate a "pay per use" pricing.

Industry: Real Estate

Smallpdf

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

We are all happy with our experience using Smallpdf, and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

This is such a great product to easily condense large files. We have to store tons of files and we have a limit on the file sizes, so we have to use this product frequently.

Cons

There are honestly no negatives to using this software, it is so simple to upload/download the files we need to condense.

Industry: E-Learning

Easily arrange PDF files

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Overall smallpdf has made any opportunity to manage PDFs super easy and fast.

Pros

I love how easy it is to select specific pages from the PDF to extract them and then merge together. IT's super easy to use the splitter tool.

Cons

Nothing-the UI is great and extremely understandable for what your different PDF need is. There is a limit for how many times a free user can use it.

Jenny M.

I LOVE smallpdf! What a great tool for pdf users.

Reviewed on 2018/02/24

This is a great suite of products that makes document management so easy.

Pros

This software is SO quick and easy to use online. I produce a lot of pdf's for work that need to be emailed out. By compressing the pdf's through smallpdf, they are smaller and faster to send. It uses a simple drag and drop interface and then can be downloaded for distribution. Documents can be uploaded from your pc, but also Dropbox and Google Drive.
A graphic designer I know did not believe that the compression tool would keep the quality and he was very pleasantly surprised when he saw that the quality of his document was not affected. The software is not limited to just compressing pdfs, but has the capacity to convert other document formats into pdfs and do other pdf functions like merging pdfs and signing them.
As well as compressing, Smallpdf can convert from pdfs into Word, Excel, Powerpoint and jpeg. The converted documents are quite respectable and editable; better than any other software I have used in the past.
We use the free version but the price of the pro version is relatively small and worth considering.

Cons

The free version only allows for 2 compression uses per hour. This is the same for other functions. It is workable, though.

Shoaib S.
Industry: Financial Services

Do what you desire to any document!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Apart from the arabic text issue, which i find alternative ways to get done. Smallpdf has never disappointed regardless of the task, whether it be converting word to pdf, or vice versa, jpeg to pdf or vice versa, merging pdfs or compressing. It does a great job with just a few clicks.

Pros

Over the years they have made smallpdf more easier to use. With the recent update to the website, the look and feel of the website is great. Everything is well categorized and the best thing is the drag and drop feature. I mostly use the PDF conversion tools and the PDF compression tools.
Any document related issue, smallPDF is my go to website

Cons

When converting documents with different language, Arabic in my case, small pdf messes up the whole document. The text doesnt make sense, the alignment is all off.

Zoyree estefania L.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Definetly one of the best PDF software I have ever used

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Small pdf is significantly cheaper than it's competitors and offers a quality product that is second to none, it is an incredible tool and has been amazing every since we started using it. I truly recommend it.

Pros

Ever since I used the free version in small pdf website I was convinced that this was one of the best pdf softwares available and I was totally right, it has every possible tools and gadgets for pdf editing and it is incredibly easy, its conversions are top notch and most of all it is really fast for pdf reading.

Cons

Something I really don't like about smallpdf is how limited the free version is on its website, you can convert only two files an hour, it almost convinced me not to buy it (but thanks god I did)

Michael A.

Excellent Alternative!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

This is a suitable and viable alternative to Adobe. It offers a range of functionality at a reasonable cost and a high level of efficiency--as long as one can look beyond the primitive interface.

Pros

SmallPDF provides users with exceptional levels of functionality and speed if the Adobe client is not available or purchased. It offers a range of conversions and compression possibilities.

Cons

SmallPDF does have some aesthetic drawbacks, as it appears to be a bit primitive. It also requires quite a bit of dragging, dropping, and clicking to accomplish tasks.

Oriana veruska G.
Industry: Accounting

Best PDF software I have ever used

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

I can't tell you enough how much I love this software, it has truly been a gamechanger for me, even for someone who doesn't want to pay for the software (even though is really cheap) its free version is amazing for pdf reading.

Pros

SmallPDF is the best pdf software ever, it is extremely easy to use for pdf converting or editing, it comes with every tool you might possibly need for working with pdfs and best of all at a really reasonable price, it is the whole package.

Cons

The only issue I might have with smallpdf (but that I really understand) is the fact that when working with large files the conversion process can take a long time. Also opening the software can take a longer time than with other ones.

Pamela C.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

SmallPDF is one of the best tools we have ever discovered. We use it daily. It is great!

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

There are so many functions. We can convert Word, Excel, Powerpoint and JPG files to PDF and convert a PDF file to those formats. We mostly use SmallPDF to compress files. This is a great help when storage space is limited in some of the apps we use. We can also split, edit, rotate and eSign a PDF file.

Cons

I love everything about this tool, but there is one thing I would like to change. If a file is the smallest size after merging or converting and then compressing the file, we receive a message stating that the file cannot be compressed to a smaller size but we are not given the option to download the merged or converted file.

George W.
Industry: E-Learning

compress your PDF files to the maximum

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

smallpdf I met him in a casual way once I was doing postgraduate studies. On that occasion I did a job in pdf which contained images I weigh a lot more than allowed to attach to my mail, and looking in several forums to get to smalpdf and really was an incredible utility as it decreased the weight to half and still it looked very good. Truly one of the best tools to reduce the weight of pdf files.

Pros

smallpdf is practically the same as the other similar programs that exist of this type, performs the same processes and in the same way being very easy to use (and with a very friendly environment), giving the options of cutting and pasting pdf, converting files pdf to other formats (word, excel. ppt jpeg), as well as to transform the files to pdf, number pages and in itself, all the same functions that the other programs have. However, it has a great advantage, and that is that the processing done to reduce the weight of the pdf files is really very good, since not only does this decrease, but it also maintains the resolution of the file as much as possible.

Cons

it does not have anything in particular that needs to improve or that it is a disgrace compared to other similar programs.

Bernardo S.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The Substitute that shows its better than the main one

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

I have a great experience and recommed for anyone searching for a PDF solution.

Pros

Small PDF shows that, even been free, you can have a good quality software. And the best part is: Its online!

although the online software have some problems with too much ads, the software compensates by not charging anything for most of the functions. 99% of the things you have to do daily, Small PDF can solve for free.

The best part is, for what this software does for free and with high quality, Adobe charges a LOT.

Cons

Too much ads on the online plataform. Sometimes the online processing of the PDF takes too long.

Kristina B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The pdf solution you've been missing plus its web-based and freemium

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Quick , easy, flexible and freemium. If you are dealing with pdfs this is your solution.

Pros

SmalPdf is my secret weapon. No one in my office knows how to change file types - they ask me to do it, I go to Small pdf and in minutes it is done. It is very user-friendly, always faithful conversions. It is especially useful when you get an online pdf form that you are expected to print-fill in by hand-scan-send - nope, no one has time for that. Just turn it into a word doc with smallpdf, type your answers, save it as a pdf and email- done! They take so many file types - xcel,PPT, Word, Jpeg, you can merge, split - it can do anything. I have a good print to pdf program but still prefer to use this one

Cons

I do not have a paid account although if I needed to convert lots of files it would be totally worth it. The 2 doc per hour max works for me but not for others - I say, pay for it if it bugs you.

Maciej N.
Company size: Self Employed

Great for those working with documents

Reviewed on 2020/02/15

I work with documents - I scan, merge, split convert and send PDFs. The compression feature was the one Smallpdf started with. It is great when you send many documents byemail. Now you can do so much more in this app.

Pros

There are no other solutions that allow you to fiddle with PDFs in a way Smallpdf does, especially in this price range. First they were web-only, now Smallpdf can integrate with your Windows shell and work with your documents in explorer.

Cons

The features it offers are great for the price, the windows app is constantly under development but it works well.

Chiranjib S.
Industry: Telecommunications

Frequent user for homeworks

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Overall, I used to be a regular user of smallpdf. Now, there are other easy-to-use apps to get these jobs done. I am not sure whether they have app of smallpdf.

Pros

The best thing about smallpdf is that the interface is neat and tidy. I have mostly used it for converting jpg images to pdf and merging pdfs. Unlike the other web-based services, their website is pretty clean. I would give some points to the aesthetics of the website too :-) !

Apart from that, it gets the essential jobs done. Few minutes left before the deadline of homework? Just take pictures using phone, send 'em to laptop and drag and drop the images to smallpdf. Saved me many times.

Cons

The paid version does not really make much sense to me after the release of the free mobile apps from adobe like adobe reader DC and adobe sign. Especially after adobe scan was released, it really solved the problems of taking pictures, merging and creating a pdf document in a more integrated way. These apps have recently substituted smallpdf because they are more accessible from my phone and tablet.

Mario teran T.

Edit and compress PDF files in three steps

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Compressed and edit PDF files in a very easy way and without download a program or app.

Pros

The capability to edit text, add and modify images and forms, draw and add specific features in a PDF file, all this is done easily, you just select the option, add the files, edit what you need, and download the files, a very easy process. SmallPDF also brings the opportunity to compress files, which is a great feature for huge files like books or file with a lot of images, that you want to save for you or share, the process is the same, and a few seconds you your file compress in your computer.

Cons

I think that they must add more options to edit, the ones that exist are very simple, maybe they can add the option of make personal stickers and more option of figures to add, and also the possibility to add and modify tables.

Converting Document into PDF Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Did I mention that the merge PDF has no file limit - this is the best thing to ever happen to me!

Pros

1. That I can upload a document and click convert and before I know it I have a pdf document staring at me.
2. Allows a user to perform more than one task: Convert PDF to word and Word to PDF, compress and merge several documents, and convert JPG to PDF and back

Cons

1. When converting a file from word to PDf the name usually changes, it would be great if they maintained the original name of the document.

Marie W.
Industry: Internet

the best PDF compressor.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/06

In general, I used smallpdf when I had to create pdf files from scanned images or files, since it was the only easiest and fastest way to do this process. In addition, it used the comprehension function to reduce the weight of the files, since when containing images they were very large for the intranet of the company that worked previously, and when compressing with smallpdf the files turned out to be half the size and with a image quality similar to the original.

Pros

1.- Online application that does not require any type of installation.
2.- Its PDF file compression system is very good, managing to reduce the size of the files without losing quality.
3.- You have multiple options that allow you to work with PDF files, among the options you can; cut and paste files, rotate, add signature and the possibility of converting your pdf files to different format of office (word, ppt, excel).
4.- It also has a tool that allows you to create PDF files from xon files, word, ppt, jpeg and excel extension.

Cons

1.- Perhaps the only problem is that to be able to use smallpdf you must always have access to the internet since it can only be used through a browser, which is somewhat inconvenient when you are traveling and you can not connect to an internet network.

Mukul C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

All your PDF needs solved with one interface!

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

1. Ever since i started using small pdf i don't think so i have ever used any other site for any pdf related needs. Also, it has a large number of tools which take cares of all your pdf needs.
2. More than 15+ tools to compress, edit, merge, split and convert pdfs.
3. Integration with google drive and Dropbox makes it easier to find your cloud documents.
4. You can also sign your documents with your esignature.

Cons

1. I dont think so there's any demerits just that in free version you can only do 2 compressions per hour.
2. Annoying is that it doesn't have any prepaid options available for premium functions.